[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
#FreeSorin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: EN_Sorin_1_Gallery.jpg (549 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
EN_Sorin_1_Gallery.jpg
549 KB, 1200x675
This man has done no wrong.
>>
>>48153659
He's done wrong

Nahiri's done wrong

But WotC have done EVERYTHING wrong
>>
>>48153659
>Be WOTC
>see popular character loved by fans
>remove them from the story
>Elspeth, Garruk, and now Sorin

Guarantee that Nahiri will attempt to fight Ugin and get stomped
>>
>>48153778
first post best post
>>
>>48153778
>WotC have done EVERYTHING wrong
This desu fampire
>>
>>48153659
Sorin's a good black walker, he dindu nuffin, he was a good card!
>>
>>48153926
>#BlackWalkersMatter
>#WeWuzFangzNShyet
>>
>>48153659
What happened to Sorin?
>>
>>48153851
>Garruk
>Loved by fans
Scuse me?
>>
>>48153851
Don't forget Venser is dead, Koth was last seen about to sacrifice himself in an attempt to kill some of the Praetors, and Tezzeret may have been killed by fucking Glissa.
>>
>>48155045
He dindu nuffin and the white mage put him in prison.
>>
>>48155153
Pretty sure Tezzeret was confirmed as alive the last time WotC did their Planeswalker Who's Who thing.
>>
>>48155153
Can anyone tell me why they like Koth? I just don't get it
>>
Everything that WotC has done, lore wise, could work. The story and rational between why Nahiri, Sorin, and the Jacestice league did what they did could work. A compelling story could be told of two ancient dieties holding on to grudges and preconceptions about a world that just isn't there. How they are ultimately flawed and have fallen victim to sins that they never noticed when they had unlimited power.

The thing is, the money doesn't care. No one cares WHY things happen, save for hard core fans. And the product has nothing to do with that. It provides a nice cover, and inspires art. But it's ultimately the cards seperated from their flavor that makes them their money.

We are asking for bread in a cake shop. They could make it, and make it well. But why on earth would they?
>>
>>48155593
According to them a set with strong themes and an involved story sells better than one without it. Which makes sense when you think of who's buying the actual product
>>
File: 104[1].jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
104[1].jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>48155277
Because of his conviction and strength of will. He's the spearhead of the resistance against Phyrexia, rather than just some random asshole swooping in to save the day and then planeswalking away to their next zany adventure. He's heavily invested in the fate of Mirrodin, and his influence as both a leader and a inspiration to the people of Mirrodin is made evident several times.

His actions and character just feel more genuine and better integrated into the story.
>>
>>48155674
That literally just sounds like Gideon 1.0
>>
>>48155658
Themes and Story are two very different things. This set has incredibly strong themes, tying into both Zendikar and the last Innistrad.

But the story that conveys those themes is completely shot. We saw no hint of animosity between the Big 3 before this block, and Sorin's character over the last few has actually been on an upswing. He was never good, but he had been doing better and actually trying to maintain order and fix mistakes.

Basically, if they had made this block more about oldwalkers clashing vs new walkers trying to actually save the plane, then it would have been a lot more interesting. Because Nahiri and Sorin's actions make sense if they both used to be mega powerful and planes could be created and destroyed regularly. But they just made it about two brooding, angry chracters fucking themselves and other people over.
>>
>>48155744
And people liked Gideon 1.0, what's your point?
>>
>>48155832
Tg likes Koth, but hates Gideon, even though they have basically the same story and same characters
>>
>>48155863
Gideon is part of the jacetice league and is being thrust into the spotlight.

Koth is just out there, struggling as pretty much the sole planeswalker against New Phyrexia in the background. He's the underdog.
>>
>>48155879
>>48155863
Also, Gideon has been through almost as much retconning and forced protagonization as Nissa. So he feels less real and more cardboard than Koth.
>>
>>48155771
They did make it about two old walkers feuding. Old walkers clashing was always just a magical hate fuck with zero regards for collateral. In addition, Sorin has always been an abrasive dick, so it's not like his character was utterly gutted with his and Nahiris lovers quarll.
>>
>>48155863
Gideon is probably the most liked member of the Jacetice League. It's all the stupid shit he's been put through as a member of the Jacetice league that's pulling him down.

Plus that whole thing where he went to Ravnica to find a way to stop the Eldrazi and instead decided that (while a plane was being eaten by extradimensional horrors) it would be a great time to do some volunteer work with this local down to earth political movement.
>>
>>48155879
Gideon made the jacetice league and is only "thrust into the spotlight" in as much as he was the main character. It's like saying Sarkhan was thrust into the spotlight on Tarkir
>>48155916
Which retcons? The only one I can think of is putting him on Theros, which doesn't change much if anything. Also he isn't really the forced protagonist since he was the protagonist before and is shown to be a boy scout
>>
>>48156002
>Gideon made the jacetice league
That's not a positive.
>>
File: 1466878362828.gif (591 KB, 314x447) Image search: [Google]
1466878362828.gif
591 KB, 314x447
>>48156002
Sarkhan was important to Tarkir sure.

But Gideon and the Jacetice league are going to be involved in some form or another for every plane going forward. If we ever see New Phyrexia again, we won't see it through Koth's eyes, we'll see it through one of the Jacetice leagues eyes basically. We won't get a native new phyrexian viewpoint on anything, we'll have to deal with the league fixing the issues themselves.
>>
>>48156040
>If we ever see New Phyrexia again, we won't see it through Koth's eyes, we'll see it through one of the Jacetice leagues eyes basically.
And I'm not thrilled with that, because SoI plot went from "Slow and creepy horror" to "Jace bumbles around doing literally nothing of use and acting like an Asian tourist" and back with whiplash speed. It's telling that you could cut Jace out of the storyline almost entirely and almost nothing would change.
>>
>>48156030
The poster I was responding to said he was in the jacetice league like it was integral to his character, rather than just the most recent thing he's done. Sorry if that wasn't clear

>>48156040
They've already confirmed "involved" doesn't mean the main characters or principle forces of. The reason Innistrad is wrapping up with the Gatewatch is because it's still just being introduced. Give it until next block and it'll probably be much less omnipresent
>>
How long until Ugin frees Sorin's ass?
>>
>>48156084
>Give it until next block and it'll probably be much less omnipresent
Next block is literally "Chandra goes back to her home plane and things 'mysteriously' start catching fire and exploding". That's about as 'through the eyes of one of the gatewatch as you can get short of "Jace goes back to Ravnica and has to hear every petty guild complaint from Niv-Mezzet all the way down to a golgari muck-raker who got in a fistfight with a Dimir spy and the Azorius want to lock them both up on principle".
>>
>>48153851
You will like Jace and shut the fuck up!
>>
File: 1459439785452.gif (3 MB, 1530x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459439785452.gif
3 MB, 1530x1080
>>48156063
I don't think anyone is thrilled with this really. Not outside wotc's interior designers and the more casual audiences.

>>48156084
Currently him being part of the league is integral to his character. He is the white part of the league and a founding member. Whenever he's acting in a plane, he's acting as part of the league.

I don't even like mono color planeswalkers that much
>>
>>48156118
That isn't a Gatewatch story though. That's a Chandra story, one that she pretty badly needs mind you. Speaking of which how accurate is that leak and where could I see it?
>>
>>48156099
>Ugin
That's not how you spell Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker, slayer of shitty spirit dragon lies, rescuer of downthrodden vampires, creator of new Avacyns, leader of Bx muderhobos, realest nigga in the multiverse, the actual good guy.
>>
>>48156084
Nope.

MtG: Curry Edition is wrapped up in the Jacetice League as well an will continue to be until the movie deal bombs.
>>
>>48156131
Sure but his last act as a character was to make the league. Since then he hasn't done anything of significance, so things havent really sunken into his character
>>
>>48156155
I saw a screencap of it. Somebody found a product description on Amazon or something.

Also, it isn't just a Chadra plot, because she and the Gatewatxh are actually on vacation in Kaladesh to see the Technology Fair.

I wish I was joking.
>>
>>48156468

The way things are, a beach episode wouldn't be so bad
>>
>>48156099
How long did it take for Ugin to free Nahiri?

ugin's shit and does literally nothing
>>
>>48156468
>are actually on vacation in Kaladesh to see the Technology Fair.
I can't wait to see Pajeet Disney unveil the Experimental Prototype Toilet of Tomorrow.
>>
>>48155153
don't forget Vronos

I would have liked to see him get some spotlight, since his backstory was neat.
>>
>>48156514
Yeah, except then it's going to go into full robot riot mode in set 2, only to get resolved in set 2 thanks to the gatewatch all being there.

I don't think they've figured out how to pace these 2 set blocks properly.

I also don't think they've figured out that they can really just have one member of the gatewatch present and that we don't need all of them hanging around every set.
>>
File: nicol bolas.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nicol bolas.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>48156162
Nicol bolas is the hero Magic needs
>>
>>48156541
Ugin had the minor inconvenience of being dead at the time.
>>
>>48156514

Chandra in a bikini is good for me. And Liliana in a black and gold sling bikini is also good.
>>
File: Vronos.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vronos.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>48156556
It's a shame. He seems like a pretty cool character and he's got a fucking great design.
>>
>>48156570
With the time travel fuckery, was he actually dead?
>>
>>48156578
I can't wait until Gideon comes out of the changing room wearing nothing but dreads and body oil and is massively confused when everyone starts yelling at him.
"What do you mean, 'swimming clothes'? This is how we swim on Theros."
>>
>>48156570
They ruined khans to make him not dead, and he was not dead for over a thousand years in the current timeline.

>didn't stop the hedron network from getting broken
>didn't bother to look for nahiri when he realized the network was fucked up and he needed her to fix it
>likely won't bother to look for sorin

He's the shittiest elder dragon.
>>
>>48156598

See, there's something for fan girls too! Or fanboys if they swing that way.
>>
>>48156598
>>48156578
>Chandra and Lili both showing off in Bikinis
>Gideon and Nissa both getting yelled at for not wearing anything for swimming as is tradition in their cultures
>Jace still wearing a full cloak and dying of heat

Fund it
>>
>>48156620
>He's the shittiest elder dragon.
Honestly, the mistake everyone made was assuming an elder dragon would give a single solitary fuck about anything or anyone but himself. He's a fucking dragon, of course he's a useless asshole.
>>
>>48156620
Fine, he wasn't dead, he was in a coma. Point is, because Bolas killed him, he wasn't around to fuck with 1000 years of established timeline.
So when he was un-killed, he still couldn't be around to fuck with 1000 years of established timeline. Can you imagine if Wizards went "so Ugin was alive and did all this stuff so everything's retconned away" after fucking up Khans?

Blame Bolas.
>>
>>48156659
him being back should have caused significant changes to the timeline, yes

that's sort of what fucking with time is supposed to do
>>
>>48156646
>can't keep his pet research project alive
>gets butthurt that everyone else isn't fixing it for him
at least bolas schemes/manipulations do things
>>
>>48156712
And you really think Wizards Creative is the team you'd trust to rewrite 1000 years of history without utterly balling it the fuck up?

Nah son. Better that Ugin was in his own cocoon.
>>
>>48156746
>we changed history!
>but all it did was change history in one plane, everywhere else is identical to the way it was before
Khans and wizard's creative team are shit for a number of reasons, but they should have gone all the way with the craziness of introducing a nega-bolas into the timeline.
>>
>>48156746
>>And you really think Wizards Creative is the team you'd trust to rewrite 1000 years of history without utterly balling it the fuck up?
>As it turns out, Ugin and Nahiri and Sorin realigning the hedron matrix killed the Joraga elves and Nissa was never born
>Because Nissa was never born and neither was Sarkhan, the Eye of Ugin never got opened, the Eldrazi never rose, Mirrodin ended in Mirrodin Pure, OG Innistrad never happened, and Niv-Mizzix is pregnant. With Ugin's baby. No, I don't know how that works either.
>Also, Chandra is an actual Indian person and is UR Artifacts.dec instead of Burn.dec, Jace has a functioning personality, Tibalt is a Vintage staple walker, and Liliana is inexplicably a catgirl.
Boy, I love time travel.
>>
>>48153659
At the end of the day I like Sorin's story.
I feel the mistakes he made fit him as a character.
he is ultimately a Bram Stoker vamp through and though, he has incredible power but he is arrogant, he has lived an immense amount of time but he doesn't learn lessons and most damming of all he ruled though fear and is surprised when people turn on him.
Becuase of his white/black nature we always wondered if there was more to him than the monster.
There is not he embodies the worst quality's of both white and black mana, an arrogant and callous monster who thinks he's better than any mere mortal.

Enjoy your prison Kars. you earned it.

Side note: This in no way means I think Nahiri is good she's pretty evil as well but her story has not reached a conclusion yet. Maybe after Ugin?
>>
>>48153851
>got curb stomped by a mortal
>by a Jap at that
>>
>>48156888
The kike-dragon fears the samurai, anon.
>>
>remember that ghostfire had implications for being the defense against the eldrazi
>lol no BIG FIREBALL
>>
>>48156832
>Side note: This in no way means I think Nahiri is good she's pretty evil as well but her story has not reached a conclusion yet. Maybe after Ugin?

She's pretty much at the Kill Bill Part 2 act of her Roaring Rampage of Revenge.

Kind of makes me wonder if she'll get a similar Oh shit moment.
>>
so now that sorin got rocked, is elspeth coming back from the dead to take the bw color?
>>
>>48156961
Nah, Elspeth's the most mono-white planeswalker out of all the cast. Both of them are just out of it till the next return.
>>
>>48156993

But they set her up with a love and lost plot as well as being betrayed by gods. The way they left it, she is likely to come back vengeful and join nahiri and kiora in the Biggest Bitches Club in an attempt to make nissa and lilliana look good in comparison im betting
>>
>>48157045
Her keeping up said she wasn't vengeful, and that she just wants to be more of a hero than before. Besides Dacks going in to rescue her she'll be fine. Kiora was already a bitch anyway.
>>
>>48156514
I'm only interested in a beach episode because of the idea of Jace accidentally biting down on a Kaladeshi ghost pepper and keeling over sideways due to the horrible pain.
>>
>>48156640
I love everything about this, especially Jace, the idea of the Wizards mascot collapsing due to heat exhaustion is funny to me.
>>
>>48155153
Koth beat that obliterator and tezzeret got mind raped by bolas after his new phyrexia campaign failed.
>>
>>48156099
Ugin is a cockstain. He wont save sorin, bolas will assemblr his own anti jacetice league of tezzeret, sorin, garruk, and a neo walker from poo in loo and actually save reality, no matter the price.
>>
File: 1440967333386.jpg (66 KB, 540x408) Image search: [Google]
1440967333386.jpg
66 KB, 540x408
>>48153659
He's a Blackwalker, so of course he's shit.

They won't have accomplished anything until they kick Liliana's dumb ass to the curb and replace her with someone who's legitimately just a Max Stirner expy.
>>
>>48156918
>ugin could have saved the day, making the ghostfire thing matter
>he told the MC to fuck off instead and tried to eat him
>>
>>48155674
So how old is Mirrodin, actually? This is a question I never thought to ask until Tamiyo's story about the Myr. Can Koth time-travel, or COULD he at one time?
>>
>>48157724

Karn created Mirrodin, so it was created sometime after Karn became a planewalker.
>>
>>48157805
Karn actually found Mirrodin and just shaped it.
>>
>>48156640
I would buy that set so quick
>>
>>48156640
This requires art.
>>
>>48156598
Also Nissa proves she completely incapable of handling her alcohol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHLVsNt0mU
>>
>>48158010
Here's the exchange for those who didn't want anything to do with the shitty fandub.

>"Are you feeling good?"
>"Ahm feelin' good!"
>"Are you having fun?"
>"Ahm havin' fun!"
>"Are you drunk?"
>"Ahm drunk!"
>"...yeah I think it's fairly safe to say that Nissa is fucked."
>>
>>48156468
It was a profile page for some Magic lore author.

The GW is going to the Inventors' Fair, woop dee doo.
>>
>>48156811
>Indian Chandra and ur artifactmemes
>catgirl Lily
Yeah, no. Begone
>>
>>48156598
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3wPxxT7trE
>>
>>48153659
To be fair he has done quite a few things wrong but he clearly does not deserve what he got.
>>
>>48158950
He objectively does.
All he had to do to stop this was not be a cunt when someone came to make sure he wasn't dead.
>>
>>48159059
>you never answer your phone anymore!
>so I shot your dog and burnt your house down
I was going to call you retarded, but then I realized I've seen shit exactly like this in the police blotter before.
>>
>>48159059
Truly, all he had to do was actually explain the damned plan for just a second.

"Hey, student, I just got done with a massive project and I'm wiped. I'm gong to go sleep in my coffin for a bit and then drain some jackass dry. Explore the plane and be welcome. We'll talk when I get some rest."

But yeah. Being nearly omnipotent and a paranoid predator means he couldn't fucking do that, apparently. Now he's a wall ornament for trying to get revenge instead of trying to chase Emrakul off with every death spell in the library.
>>
>>48159293
Oh, I wasn't defending Nahiri. She's just as bad.
>>
So I have just read the newest story where Kor-chan imprisons Sorin. I really get the feeling that she is all "chaos style" corrupted by Emmrecal. Possible be some sort of harbinger of the tentacles.
>>
>Killing off basically all planewalkers

>except for jacetice league

>got your color pie now with lilliana

>baddies will be some giant bullshit like eldrazi or neo-new-phyrexia

welcome to the future
>>
>>48156514
Thanks to this, I never knew how much I wanted a plane of amusment....like the gate watch goes there inking it's a trap, spends some time on the boardwalk, game center, amusement park, and country fair and lose all their money...*because it's a tourist trap*
>>
>>48159467
Pls no. I want eldrazi to go and stay go. And I hope jacetice league won't sully a possible Phyrexia block with their shittiness
>>
File: 1467012062533.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
1467012062533.png
55 KB, 217x190
Nahiri did nothing wrong and is the most beautiful woman in the multiverse.
>>
>SoI has fans wanting Bolas and a Bolashood of Evil to stomp the Jacetice League

How did they fuck up so bad at making their heroes likeable?
>>
>>48153659
what happened?
link?
>>
>>48160107
Like the rest of Tue zendikar trio he got cacooned in something...
>>
>>48159870
>Gideon: Generic Hero McLargeHuge
>Jace: A walking stereotype of smug cunt blue players
>Nissa: Used to be Elf Hitler until she got hit with the retcon bat so hard she forgot her name
>Chandra: Indian Beavis. Moving on.
>Liliana: Her entire character is that she's a huge bitch.
Gideon is the only remotely likeable one.
>>
>>48160217
I find it hilarious that no one seems to remember where Gideon came from.

And btw, he's a total tool.
>>
>Jace will never die
It hurts.
>>
>>48156162
He's too busy trying to undo the Mending, which means wotc will never progress his story, because oldwalkers would be op as fuck on the table.
>>
File: 1.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
I just want Sorin to team up with Baron Sengir. Markov bloodline seems done for anyway.
>>
>>48160368
Avacyn was so close to a fatality. Fucking Sorin. Ruining it for us. Why couldn't he have Batman'd throught the skylight 10 seconds later? Then Jace would be kill.
>>
>>48157124
Who agrees with me that Kiora will find and awaken Marit Lage in an attempt to get the biggest sea creature ever, and then get her arse handed to her?
>>
>>48160428
I believe Feroz made it impossible for any Planeswalker to ever visit Ulgrotha again so I'm afraid that's never gonna happen. Shame, even though the set was mostly crap I liked the setting of Homelands.
>>
>>48160505
Something like this?

https://www.google.com.au/url?q=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DDkdnyYCXPlA&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjfierCz-HNAhVKGZQKHSrjCz4QtwIIEzAB&usg=AFQjCNHuA53l3lpQ1Yiz0iRSzGk84xu51Q
>>
>>48160398
Fucking wizards.
UNDO THE FUCKING MENDING, GODDAMNIT
>>
>>48160610
Do you really want Chandra to have the power of an oldwalker? Girl spontaneously combusts enough as it is.
>>
>>48153659
PEOPLE WHO WERE WRONG POWER RANKINGS.

1. Urza
POWER GAP
POWER GAP
POWER GAP
POWER GAP
POWER GAP
2. Sorin
>>
>>48160657
I want Bolas to kill the Jacetice League first, and use their sparks as fuel for the spell that undoes the Mending, presumably by causing a giant fucking hole in the space-time continuum.
>>
>>48160775
You know I hate Nicol Bolas, but I actually am okay with this idea, if it means every single set isn't about Planeswalkers meddling in every god damned thing
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>48160428
>not Grandmother Sengir
>>
I'm a bit sad that sorin got rocked but MOSTLY I'm sad that nahiri is going to get rocked by the jacetice league

Also like, the fight was kind of dumb anyway
>nahiri hides in a rock
>sorin just stabs her through it
>she can still cast mega bullshit rockbe nding when mortally wounded but sorin can't planeswalk out of a rock
>>
>>48155982

Speaking of, why DOES everyone call it the Jacetice League? I thought Gideon was the leader. Wouldn't that make it The League of Extraordinary Gideons?
>>
>>48160583
But the Baron has a Planar Portal and last we saw him he was marching his army right through into another unknown plane.
Remember it's canon that even oldwalkers feared him.
>>
>>48161283
Nahiri won because the plot wanted her to, not because of logic.
>>
>>48161300
>The League of Extraordinary Gideons?
They aren't really that extraordinary, and unless you are playing the right kind of deck you can only control one Gideon at a time.
>>
>>48161300
>why DOES everyone call it the Jacetice League
Because Justice League obviously. Gideon is Superman, Jace is Batman, Nissa is Wonderwoman, and so on. Not that familiar with Justice League universe, don't what Chandra or Liliana should be compared to.
>>
>>48161422
Chandra is Martian Manhunter, because lampshades.
>>
>>48153659
>no wrong
When Nahiri came the first time instead of Helvaulting her he could just have said that he was working on his plane protection and that he needed a bit of rest.
>>
>>48161300
>>48161422
It's also because MaRo became butthurt when a guy called them like that when asking question on his twitter.
>>
>>48161525
>It's also because MaRo became butthurt when a guy called them like that when asking question on his twitter.
Did he really?! I have nothing against MaRo or anything but just because he got butthurt over it I will now never stop calling it the Jacetice League.
>>
File: jacetice league.png (13 KB, 624x251) Image search: [Google]
jacetice league.png
13 KB, 624x251
>>48161550
Yes, apparently the guy shitted on the creative team on multiple question but MaRo only answered one.
>>
>>48161422
>>48161434
Liliana is Zatanna. Ridiculously OP but rarely around and prone to doing weird things to her friends with magic.
>>
>>48161496
He tried to tell her that, she cut him off and threatened him. He even said he'd go later, he just couldn't leave now.

Sorin shouldn't have stuck her in the Helvault, but Nahiri could have avoided all this by listening rather than antagonizing.
>>
File: en_juymWEMOZz.png (174 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_juymWEMOZz.png
174 KB, 265x370
>>48161550
>I will now never stop calling it the Jacetice League
Also, I will now forever call pic "Jacetice League Assemble".
>>
>>48153659
>Millennia-old-murderer that treats humans as cattle

naw, he can go for a time out
>>
>>48161633
>disrespectful of the story
Wow, it's just for keks man, you're kinda sad MaRo.
>>
>>48153851
>Popular characters can't have setbacks or be in peril

I bet you actually believe Innistrad will never be the same again, too.

I hope Nahiri becomes the leader of the Jacetice League and kills Jace because he was reckless with a womans life while all the rest of the Jacetice League agrees. Except for Gideon, who comes out as transgender while Jace dies.

Then and only then can Sorin leave his tomb to play a villain.
>>
>>48161935
>Gideon, who comes out as transgender
I'd rather see him marry Koth
>>
File: I hate this shit so much 2.jpg (705 KB, 3675x2175) Image search: [Google]
I hate this shit so much 2.jpg
705 KB, 3675x2175
>>48161633
>>
>>48161970
Yes, I too ship biggus dickus with fiery-genital-mutilation-hands.
>>
>>48162049
Send this to MaRo. Please.
>>
>>48162049
>Justice League reference with Avengers font
Even better, will not only piss off MaRo but also trigger countless comics spergs. I love it!
>>
>>48162071
It needs abit more editing, like two more movie-esque quoutes and some other movie-ad text to make it look even better.
>>
>>48161633
This kind of strained saltiness only comes from someone forced to defend what they know is a weak position.
>>
>>48162071
This.
>>
>>48160217
>Gideon is the only remotely likeable one
That's just like your opinion, dude.
Imo none of them are particularly likeable as characters, but Liliana is my favorite because she has the most interesting story.
Gideon is just bland imo, Nissa one of the most boring characters ever, Chandra just a carbon copy of that other red pyromancer and Jace is just an idiot
>>
>>48162124
As mentioned before, Maro is trapped and he has no way out but to sink deeper into the rabbit hole. He probably laughed at the Jacetice League but was told to try and nip it at the bud.
>>
File: um.jpg (24 KB, 642x285) Image search: [Google]
um.jpg
24 KB, 642x285
>>48161633
>>
>>48162290
Gideon and Nissa had character before they were beaten over the head with retcons.
>>
>>48162319

Old nissa was hated, it's better to be boring than hated.
>>
>>48162340
Even hated, Elf Hitler was much better than Generic Druid #466.
>>
>>48162340
That's because she retardedly freed the Eldrazi. Which the new one still did, but didn't do it for elf Hitler reasons.
>>
>>48162313
>>48161633
So he admits it but i offended when someone makes the joke? I am confuse. perhaps >>48162309
is right about him being trapped between himself and pr.
>>
>>48162358

Not really. She wasn't even hated in a way that would have made her a passable villain.
>>
>>48162340
I dunno. I think I'd prefer Nissa if she stayed on Lorwyn, learned their Elf supremicist ways, worked her way up to Perfect, and used her mastery of Elementals to make use of Lorwyn's cool thought elementals instead.

It'd put her more firmly in villain territory unless she got Aurora-flipped, but as it stands she could basically be any Elf.
>>
>>48162400
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/141666848858/your-response-to-the-question-about-tamiyo-joining
The guy who made the joke was apparently not very nice.
>>
>>48162437
>>48162400
If you read further, you'll find that this was an example of a nicer post and that they get alot of hatemate about Jacetice League along with many nasty comments. The point of that response was to be an umbrella response.
>>
I can't honestly understand why wizards won't give a real purpose to the members of the Jacetice League. They would at least become slightly interesting. "Saving innocent people" is sadly not enough. Liliana may be a bland character as well, but at least she got a misterious backstory and a personal "quest", two things that actually can convince people to follow her plotline. What do the other four have?
>>
>>48162628
>I can't honestly understand why wizards won't give a real purpose to the members of the Jacetice League.
They are doing just that. The league will become their purpose. The last 4 sets have been the origin story. Now that the League is assembled we'll be moving on to new plot and, hopefully, character development.
>>
>>48162628
Their real purpose will be to stop Sorin after his heel turn.
>>
File: Avenger-of-Zendikar-214x300.png (133 KB, 214x300) Image search: [Google]
Avenger-of-Zendikar-214x300.png
133 KB, 214x300
>>48161300
>>48161422
Goddamnit they're the Avengers of Zendikar. Not only is the analogy better, it's Goddamned wordplay
>>48161550
>>48161525
Someone asked some asinine question about why the "Jacetice League" was so pushed and instead of ignoring the stupid questions, he got fed up and answered one of them, politely asking that people not use [a childish fucking term] and respect the writers by calling them the Gatewatch. The internet of course lost their damned minds that a fifty year old man asked them not to use an insulting nickname for something that his friends and coworkers wrote.
>Did he really?! I have nothing against MaRo or anything but just because he got butthurt over it I will now never stop calling it the Jacetice League.
And here you are proving why calling it the "Jacetice League" is childish as all fuck. Maro politely asked that people not use insulting names for a thing his friends and coworkers wrote. The internet is getting butthurt over that and acting like petty children. When you're saying to yourself "I'm going to do something just because it annoys someone who will never actually see it", that's a good sign that you're doing something childish.
And this goes for "Plebbit" and "Shillary" and "Drumpf" and "Jewtube" and any other cutesy nickname.

But I'm just getting older and more jaded and I know everyone's going to keep doing it anyway because they think it's clever, or sticking it to the man.
>>
>>48157202
>>48156640
>>48156598
>>48156578
>>48157175
>>48159715
>>48156514
>>48156550
>>48158100
>>48156468
>>48156155
>>48156118
>>48156084
>Kaladesh is going to be a beach episode vacation planet that erupts into a robot riot
>People don't want this
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
THAT SOUNDS AMAZING

>>48156063
>>48156040
>If we ever see New Phyrexia again, we won't see it through Koth's eyes, we'll see it through one of the Jacetice leagues eyes basically. We won't get a native new phyrexian viewpoint on anything, we'll have to deal with the league fixing the issues themselves.
This is not even remotely accurate. We have literally BEEN TOLD what will be happening in the future.
We will have some problem on a plane
At least one member of the Gatewatch will come to that plane (or already be on it, but seriously "bumble into a problem" is literally what we already had, the Gatewatch is supposed to be proactive)
We will meet new planeswalkers
The Gatewatch member(s) and the new planeswalkers will team up
The new person will be asked to join the Gatewatch

This is exactly what happened with Innistrad. Sorin is not the Gatewatch member for Innistrad. Liliana is.
That little girl with the swirly metal doodad? She's going to be the central character of Kaladesh. She's very likely going to be a Red Planeswalker who deals with Artifacts.
We're also likely to see a return of Coloured Artifacts.
>>
It's also worth noting that you people seem to want something out of MtG that it is never going to give you. You want a tailored and detailed plot that runs more like a series of novels or a television show. The closest comparison is honestly comic books. The type of story that you want does not function well there.
The two block structure probably needs tweaking, yes. SOI was slow horror and everyone was in the dark and ENM is a giant fist fight in the streets with cultist and Cthulhu rising. That's something that definitely needs a middle act. But you people are losing your Goddamned minds that CHARACTERS WE ALREADY KNOW are showing up. You literally want Wizards to do a thing that they factually know doesn't work out the way they want.
We've already had several blocks that were unconnected and had no returning characters. It was the lowest point in Magic history. Why would they ever listen to you people and go back to that?

>>48162628
Except that all of them do have a purpose. For fucks sake, for some of them we've already seen their purpose play out, and the Gatewatch gives them a purpose. This is a game for fucking children, wanting to protect the innocent is more than enough purpose.

You honestly seem like the type of person who thinks Jace's personality is summed up entirely by the Counterspell flavourtext and literally nothing else, or who thinks the Eldrazi were defeated by "friendship".

>>48162800
>Turn

>>48160261
He came from Theros by way of Bant.

>>48162290
>Chandra just a carbon copy of that other red pyromancer
Chandra and Jaya like fire and dumb jokes, but honestly that's about as far as their similarities go. They're both distinct characters. I barely even read this damned shit and I can tell them apart.
>>
>>48164264
Pretty much everyone is tried of Gatewatch and don't care what happens because it'll leave a foul taste in their mouth by having Gatewatch always inserted into the plot.
>>
Does anyone have the link to the part of the story or source where Sorin is imprisoned?

I find it hard to believe that he can just be encased in stone and that'd stopped him from leaving. I suppose it's better than killing him off
>>
>>48164264
>She's going to be the central character of Kaladesh

Except she isn't, because the Gatewatch are our designated protagonists. They've told us as much.

I want to get excited for vacation into robot fight, but the last two sets have just made me really doubtful. If they had taken SOI as a chance to show that not the entire gatewatch will always show up, and they won't always fix everything instantly, I'd be less wary.

As it stands, it's going to be hard to make a robot uprising seem threatening to them.
>>
>>48164418
Are you going to say that new Nissa has more depth that:
>OH I LOST ASHAYA
>nvm, she was inside me all this time
>OH I LOST ASHAYA AGAIN
>nvm...
And now is just hippie elf
They will do the same to nahiri, we see now how she literally become the stupid villain
And they are killing all the good ol charaters to create drama for the jacetice league, that is unacceptable
>>
>>48164418
To use the comic book example, it's less that recurring characters exist, and more that all of them are showing up all the time.

I mean, even in the realm of comic books they have issues just focusing on one or two characters. The entire justice league doesn't need to show up to every fight.
>>
>>48164418
>He came from Theros by way of Bant
If by that you mean he was written to be Chandra's love interest in the Purifying Fire, and that aside fron being a mono W walker the romance author of the book was given complete creative control overhis character, then yes.

He was literally made by a woman who writes lady romance novels for a living to be Chandra's feels buddy.
>>
>>48164572
>Gideon/Chandra pairing

If they handled it well, I actually wouldn't mind this.

Then they can have a plot where the 4 members all try and set up Nissa with blind dates so she can also have a relationship.
>>
>>48164610
Well, they didn't fuck in the book like Lili and Jace did in AoA, but they did spoon for a night.
>>
>>48164610
>all try and set up Nissa with blind dates so she can also have a relationship.
I'd love that. if only because one of their attempts to get her attention should involve her giving a yelp of surprise and falling out of a tree with no clothes on.
>>
>>48164450
I'm not.
I don't mind them and think that they provide a good source of story connection moving forward.

>>48164543
>They've told us as much.
They've also told us that the Gatewatch isn't going to be the only thing we ever focus on and that other characters exist and will be shown, but you clearly don't actually listen and just want to complain about things.
I honestly do not care that the Gatewatch showed up for Eldritch Moon. I feel that a middle set with some ramping tension and some stories about Jace actually grabbing the gang would have been nice, but I have zero problems with "holy shit, remember that third thing that we let get away? Yeah, I found it, so we should probably do something".
>As it stands, it's going to be hard to make a robot uprising seem threatening to them.
Presumably Kaladesh isn't filled with dead people. I also doubt this is actually going to be a beach episode in the first place. Chandra is likely the only person who's going to be in the block.

>>48164532
It's basically an iron maiden. You try jaunting to the Blind Eternities when you've got Lithomancer swords shoved through you.

>>48164567
I'll admit I don't know much about Nissa other than the fact that she was basically a racist against vampires. Nahiri is also the most complex character in the entire block, but apparently being in pound-you-in-the-ass demon prison making someone insane doesn't mean anything to anyone in these threads.

>>48164570
It has literally been one block, anon. BFZ to ENM is one story.

>>48164572
So? Also, wasn't he more of a hunky cop guy to provide UST for Chandra's hot headed thief girl?

>>48164654
aaww~
>>
>>48164676
Sorry you have such low standards. Enjoy your stories, I guess.
>>
>>48164676
>wasn't he more of a hunky cop guy to provide UST for Chandra's hot headed thief girl?
And damn was it unresolved. Gideon got blue-balled hard in that book.
>>
>>48164676
>B-but she is mad
She is not mad, nor crazy. she literally has complete control of his mind. Even bolas is more crazy, if we take that he is senile.
Now you are gonna apologize her genocide with another argument
>>
>>48164662
>Nissa napping in a tree, being one with nature
>Gideon starts yelling for her
>Falls down, asks what the emergency is
>Gideon averts his eyes, introduces Ajani who he has in a headlock. Says he found him visiting Theros
>Nissa awkwardly explains she isn't into that sort of thing and leaves as Ajani makes angry lion noises
>Gets settled again, Chandra blows up her tree
>Shoves Domri at her, much embarrassment is had by all
>Nissa finds a spot once again, woken up by Lili screaming
>Finds out she lured Garruk there to try and set them up

It ain't easy having Jorgoras
>>
>>48159308
He said "Not now, later perhaps" and was imediatella assaulted by stalagmites.
Nahiri didn't want explanations, she wanted a feud.
>>
>>48164654
That's cute. Time to brew up a Boros superfriends deck.
>>
>>48164887
No, Nahiri wanted him to treat her with some respect, but realized too late that he was severely weakened. If she had noticed he wasn't at top form or he wasn't such an emotionless shell none of this would have happened.
>>
>>48160398
Why do you believe he wants the eldrazi dead?
Now that his 10 year old plan of killing spaguetti was foiled by a chalky bitch putting it in the one plane where it could be incarcerated again, he's gonna go there, add a new murderhobo to his gang and win while the "heroes" are distracted elsewhere.
>>
File: smile and optimism.jpg (51 KB, 456x480) Image search: [Google]
smile and optimism.jpg
51 KB, 456x480
>>48161633
>>48162049
I fucking swear this is all so they can make jace likeable, surrounding him with characters everyone either hates or don't give a shit about, and making them the protagonists.
>>
>>48164610
>not wanting: >>48161970

get a load of this homo
>>
>>48165047
I don't know anon that's pretty gay. Koth/Karn is so much better anyway.
>>
>>48164922
Nahiri was mad already at this point from self-impossed seclusion. She didn't want help, she wanted a fight.
>>
>>48165094
What she wanted was someone she could relate to, what she did was start a fight because that's how he treated her in their early relationship.
>>
>>48165084
Karn is pure. Don't ship him.
>>
>>48165137
He was teaching her combat and proper Old Walker body manipulation at the time, anon.
>>
>>48164696
Sorry you're so whiny and want a company to do things that are bad for it just to make you happy.

>>48164757
She is insane. And as someone in a previous thread pointed out, you people who act like Sorin is the hero here treat explaining Nahiri's reasons as justifying her actions. She was tortured for a million years and you just brush that off with "well she can still make plans". Her plan was fucking insane.

>>48164662
>>48164840
>Nissa is an anime

>>48159308
>>48164922
>>48164887
Nahiri literally came to Sorin desperate for help with the weakened seal on the REALITY DESTROYING MONSTERS. Yes, she "didn't want explanations". Because the SEAL ON THE REALITY DESTROYING MONSTERS was weakened. Sorin then threw her INTO A GODDAMNED DEMON PRISON for LITERALLY A COUPLE GODDAMNED THOUSAND YEARS.
I get that the writing isn't that great, but fucking seriously, people? "Sorin was busy and Nahiri didn't leave him alone" isn't an excuse to THROW HER INTO THE FUCKING HELVAULT.

>"Never forget," Sorin hissed, "I spared you. The Helvault was a courtesy."

>"A courtesy," Nahiri repeated, her fingers twitching. She could rend him to pieces. "The horrors you locked me away with for so long—they became my world."

This wasn't a Goddamned "time out". This was a torturous prison. This was the man she thought cared about her throwing her to the fucking wolves and--as far as she knew--letting her entire Goddamned world be torn apart.
You can bitch about the actual writing, sure, it's childish and kind of bland. But for fucks sake, her motivates are completely fucking understandable, even if they're not reasonable. You wouldn't be reasonable if you spent a billion years getting ass-raped by demons. Christ on a fucking crutch, you people complain about the story and then you barely pay any fucking attention to it anyway.
>>
>>48165183
The problem is that Nahiri didn't see it that way, throughout the entire story Nahiri has never been able to understand what it meant to be an oldwalker she's still stuck in the mortal way of thought till being helvaulted.
>>
>>48165178
>Karn is pure
Only because no mortal woman can survive the Urzatronic Workshop Thundercock that Karn got equipped with. For some reason, Urza thought his silver golem needed an indescructible 14 inch, 7-mana silver schlong that vibrates with enough intensity to destroy clothing on contact. Despite Karn not having a sex drive.
>>
>>48165371
It was designed to buttfuck Yawgmoth once he had him caught in the Urzatronic Security Matrix.
>>
>>48165184
Nigger she fucking started punching him while he was weak, she could've have killed him.
>>
>>48165010
I liked Jace.... when Mind-Sculptor was just printed.
>>
>>48164887
Except he wasn't immediately assaulted. He was asked a second time and reminded of his word.

Then he went on a maniacal rant about how nobody can tell him what to do and he could have killed Nahiri if he wanted so she owes him.

This was after she had just fought 3 planeskiller gods back into their cage, which she still wasn't sure was stable. And the fucker is ranting about how great he is and refusing to even give token support with no explanation.

He deserved a slap. Instead of taking his deserved slap, he locked her in hell forever with no warning. She only got out because his plans failed.
>>
>>48165184
But it was only >>48164887 who said Sorin wasn't at fault. It's pretty easy to see how if Sorin had explained things at all none of this would have happened.

Re-reading it makes it very clear that it all went wrong too quickly, Nahiri wanted his respect so she fought and when Sorin finally seems to start explaining things, she interrupts him.

>>48165598
Thing is he took the slap and started to talk things out, but it was too late then, Nahiri was rightfully sick of it. The thing she was so confident about at the start of the story was the thing she was most worried about at that point, she thought she had just saved her world and was about to save her friend. But she sees her friend is fine and worries that her world is the real one in danger.
>>
>>48165331
Which is weird considering how many kor on Zendikar are directly descended from her.
>>
>>48165458
She didn't know he was weak because he didn't say that. "B-but she interrupted him!" So fucking what? I'll shout over someone to shut up because I'm on the toilet, but he can't raise his voice to tell her he physically can't help her? That didn't stop him from throwing her in the Helvault.
He might as well have killed her, all because he's too fucking aloof. I'll admit it was a bad fucking situation, but Nahiri was literally panicking that her world (and then the entire multiverse) would be fucking eaten. She'd already come out and seen vampires and shit all over the place worshiping the Eldrazi. Sorin was busy with his own shit, but can you really blame Nahiri for being a *little* insistent? If you went to the fire department and told them your house was on fire and they said "not right now", wouldn't you press the issue?

Then he threw her in an eternal prison and forgot about her. She was literally his best friend. So now that she's back on the outside, she says "fuck it" and decides to let it all burn if it means pissing on his ashes.

>>48165652
He wasn't really trying to explain things, though. And he didn't take the slap.
>>
File: CIomKcC.jpg (79 KB, 1492x1080) Image search: [Google]
CIomKcC.jpg
79 KB, 1492x1080
>>48153659
>I've never betrayed anyone in my life.
>>
>>48165733
>"Not now," said Sorin, with infuriating calm. "Later, perhaps. This is a critical time—"
This is right after she tries to crush him in a stone pillar.
But beyond this if Sorin wasn't such a fucking autist it would have been fine, like, the guy's 7000 years old that's fucking nothing compared to most of the other oldwalkers and they weren't anywhere near as bad.
>>
>>48165825
Past Ugin, most of them are worse.
>Bolas wiped out an entire bloodline because someone managed to kill him in a stray timeline
>Ob regularly destroyed entire planes for shits
>Karn accidently'd god knows how many places
>Nahiri just fed an entire world to an Eldrazi to get back at one guy
Sorin was kind of alright when compared to his peers.
>>
>>48165917
That last one was only after she was driven insane by Sorin's prison sentence.

>>48165825
That's not explaining himself. That's saying "I'm not going to explain myself". What the fuck did he expect her to do, go home with her tail between her legs and wait for him, one eye on the phone and the other on THE ELDRAZI PRISON?
>>
>>48165951
She is completely sane. Scary thought, I know but your waifu is an irredeemable monster now. SHE IS ACTUALLY WORSE THAN ELF HITLER.
>>
>>48165951
It sounds like the start of someone explaining themselves. This is the part where Nahiri shouldn't have interrupted every other part was fine, she didn't need to leave she should have trusted her friend, but it's understandable why she didn't.
I'm going to blame Ugin because he's constantly going on about how Sorin is super untrustworthy. That 40 years of "your mentor is actually a terrible person" he's not wrong, but Sorin almost always does the right thing, in his way. Other than the Nahiri thing Sorin always seems to be working for the general good.
>>
>>48165951
Don't try to pin this on mental illness.
She knew exactly what she was doing.
>>
>>48166107
She's daft as a broom, but she's not insane.

There have been worse combinations.
>>
>>48165184
All she had to do was wait five fucking minutes.
She didn't and caused the string of events that destroyed Zendikar. Then she got mad and plotted to destroy Innistrad because she's a vicious, vindictive monster.
>>
>>48166149
So she's just like Sorin, but she gets to it quicker? Sorin holds a grudge, Nahiri will act immediately.
>>
>>48166058
>>48166107
>>48166131
>Goes crazy and tries to destroy the world because daddy doesn't love her
>Sane
Are you fucking stupid? She's a Goddamned torture victim, and her best friend betrayed her. Do you also think The Joker or Malkavians are sane?

>>48166082
>>48166149
"Not now, maybe later" is not someone starting to explain themselves. For fucks sake, oh no, she ~interrupted~ Sorin. Boo fucking hoo, he's a grown ass man, and that's not reason to throw someone into a literal Goddamned Hell.

>>48166082
>I'm going to blame Ugin
Well basically everything here is his fault anyway, so yeah.
>>
>>48165951
Are you a woman?
You sound like a woman.
>>
>>48166182
Nahiri is worst planeswalker character-wise so far.

I wish she'd be gone already, as she appeared only to exist as a plot-device for Emrakul to get out of Zendikar to begin with.
>>
>>48166182
Sorin hasn't directly harmed nobody he hasn't fed on, tried to hurt him first, tried to fuck him out of reaching the Eye of Ugin or was named Tibalt.
His "terrible person" retcon is nothing but the words of a fucking dragon who we know has lied to everyone.
Sorin was a selfish hero sacrificed to the altar of tumblrfaggotry because waifufags couldn't shut up about their seccondary character that wasn't even meant to be alive until R&D decided we didn't desserve Serra in C14.
>>
>>48166221
Motherfucker I don't care if she has a cunt, Sorin's a fucking jackass.

>>48166229
She's the best character.
And the two oldwalkers being petty and throwing armies at each other like they're playing EDH while the world goes to shit is the best part of the story.

>>48166289
Sorin has always been a terrible person, though. His entire personality since the moment we met him was being the type of aloof jackass my "unironically likes goth and metal shit despite pushing thirty" friend likes. Sorin is anything but selfless.
HIS PRIMARY COLOUR LITERALLY REPRESENTS SELFISHNESS.
For shits sake he made Avacyn so that his dumbass family wouldn't binge so much they starved.
>>
>>48166367
I can't tell if you're a troll or a person with no taste.
>>
>>48166367
You need to cut down on your estrogen intake.
>>
>>48166367
>For shits sake he made Avacyn so that his dumbass family wouldn't binge so much they starved.
So he made something so that someone other than himself would benefit?

Are you certain you know the definition of "selfish"? Sure its not in white's league of "all for one, and one for all", but looking after you and yours is not selfish, its just instinct. This is closer to green then it is to black, oddly enough.
>>
>>48166502
He made something so that he would benefit. The Markov family is an extension of himself. Just because he has some small tie to a social group--a primarily Black social group at that--doesn't mean that he's some humble and pious defender. He also didn't do it out of instinct.

You can spin it how you want, but he wasn't acting out of the goodness of his heart, he was acting out of self interest.
>>
File: STAP.gif (3 MB, 300x273) Image search: [Google]
STAP.gif
3 MB, 300x273
>>48156040
>They're coming for my favorite plane
>Don't know when exactly, but it will happen
>>
>>48166575
Again, that's not what selfish means. Tribalistic, sure, but not selfish. He is able to go anywhere in creation and perform godlike magic, how does he benefit from saving the lives of those who could literally do nothing to help him? If the human extinction did come to pass, he could likely just create a bunch of illusions or mini-avacyns in their image. He gains nothing of value from their survival.

I'm not trying to defend sorin, he's clearly not a exemplar of virtue, but if you're going to attack something, don't just make shit up and use words when you clearly have no understanding of their meaning.
>>
>>48166724
I don't know where you come from that "protecting your shit" isn't considered selfish. Yes, he cares somewhat about something that is not physically himself. That doesn't mean his actions aren't motivated by self-interest.
>>
So.... He trapped Nahiri cuz she was an autist... But he still went to Zendikar to try to save it? Then he tried to get Ugin to help???

How is that Selfish?
>>
>>48166787
Again, what self-interest? What does he gain by protecting the bloodline? Unless I'm remembering correctly, they aren't literally his family, just humans turned by vampires that were turned by other varmpires etc. who turned him. He's aloof and disinterested in his own line, its not like he has any meaningful relationships with them, there's no genetic argument, he has no need for money so he can't have a business interest in keeping them alive.

What is it he gains? Answer the question, or concede the point.
>>
WHY DO PEOPLE THINK PEOPLE LIKE PLANESWALKERS DRAMA

SERIOUSLY WHO FUCKING CARES

I JUST WANT COOL FANTASY SETTINGS WITHOUT HALF THE CARDS HAVING POORLY WRITTEN SUPERHEROS NO ONE LIKES GIVING SNARKY COMMENTS ON THEM

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48167058
I'm betting Lili grills her and Nissa on if they've done anything with Jace out of jealousy
>>
>>48166842
Sorin's W/B now (will probably emerge R/B) but it's basically understood the only reason he ever tried to get involved with the Eldrazi was he knew that one day they might find their way to Innistrad.

If he had a way to guarantee they never made it to Innistrad he probably never would have done anything. That's probably one reason Nahiri was so suspicious of his planar defense project.
>>
>>48157688
... The Sorin-cide Squad?
>>
>>48153659
dont fucking tell me nahiri got off scott free. that bitch should have been impaled for what she did.
>>
>>48167267
She got off scot free for now. She's a White walker, everything bad will happen to her eventually.
>>
File: BXycKwY.jpg (238 KB, 860x1152) Image search: [Google]
BXycKwY.jpg
238 KB, 860x1152
>Hey Sorin that multiversal threat I locked in my basement then spent 5000 years monitoring from inside a rock for you almost got out gonna come help like you promised?
>I would but I am le tired :(

People on /tg/ consider this a legitimate excuse
>>
>>48167340
neither is throwing a fucking tantrum because you don't get your way
>>
>>48167340
Yes, Sorin made mistakes and was a dick about it.

No, that does not excuse Nahiri being a murderous sociopath in response.
>>
>>48167377
Lord of the Rings, as written by /tg/

Aragon: Theoden, Gondor calls for aid!
Theoden: Yeaaaah we just fought this huge battle so we'll show up eventually. Sword arm's a little worn out right now.
>>
>>48166945
People do love Planeswalker drama. Also, that art is badass.

>>48166878
What do you gain by not letting your house catch on fire? They are effectively his. Innistrad is his plane, and he doesn't want it to fall to shit. That doesn't make him selfless.

>>48167377
Yeah, which is why it's really stupid that people defend when Sorin did exactly that thing you were just implying Nahiri did.

>>48167411
Who gives a shit about excuses? She's a fucking mindraped nutso who throws swords. You know who made her that way? Sorin.
>>
>>48167414
again, throwing rocks and a temper tantrum because someone isn't doing what you want, doesn't give any free rides to be a huge cunt.
>>
File: 1434931570753.png (1 MB, 1360x876) Image search: [Google]
1434931570753.png
1 MB, 1360x876
>>48167377
I don't mind Nahiri attempting to enforce Sorin's oath by force. It's pretty clear he didn't take it all that seriously to begin with.

>>48167411
I think if Sorin had just kicked Nahiri off Innistrad she probably would have left him alone and went to find Ugin. I think it's the locked in jail for a thousand years surrounded by demons that really fueled her revenge-boner.

She gets out, sees the Eldrazi are out, and decides "Well if Emrakul's just gonna float around eating planes might as well get her to start with Innistrad".

It's not like she's the one who released Emrakul and allowed her to be able to travel between planes. Surely all this wouldn't actually be -THAT- person's fault
>>
>>48167489
>again, throwing rocks and a temper tantrum because someone isn't doing what you want, doesn't give any free rides to be a huge cunt.

She's enforcing an oath. That's how you enforce oaths, through force.

Reverse the roles. Sorin shows up and tells Nahiri he needs to come with her and fulfill an oath to him immediately and she gives him the same spiel.

You really think he'd let her walk away from that?
>>
>>48153659
No, he's done nothing. There's a difference.
>>
>>48167101
uhhhh... With The Helvault and Avacyn.... Innistrad was already protected from the Eldrazi. Emrakul was only able to enter once Avacyn was dead. So he still tried to hold his end of the bargain despite Nahiri being an autist and need a timeout.
>>
>>48167586
>uhhhh... With The Helvault and Avacyn.... Innistrad was already protected from the Eldrazi.

Sorin got involved with Ugin and Nahiri 5000 years before Avacyn was a twinkle in his eye
>>
>>48167447
If avacyn's job was to protect the plane itself from physical destruction, you would have a point. Her job was to keep humans and the horrors that hunt them in check. If he's ever referred to them as his physical property maybe, but I can't say I've heard of such a thing. You might have a point saying that he wants a human population for himself to feed on, but again, he can go wherever and it seems the multiverse is not scarce of humans.
>>
>>48167524
>>48167496
>>48167447

>help a couple friends out to patch a roof to keep water out
>be busy doing an extensive remodel on your own house to its foundation
>sheduled to rain
>friend comes over asking for help cause roof has sprung a leak, and other friend bailed on them
>show them you are busy with your own remodel and need to finish before rain comes
>they proceed to try and smack your shit for taking care of your own house so it doesnt fall apart instead of managing their own maintenance

right, nah, fuck nahiri
>>
>>48167689
As she was described as keeping Emrakul out even in murder mode and immediately pinpointing Nahiri chimping out before the Helvault stay. Keeping the plane itself in balance seems more her purview.
>>
>>48167629
Their first attempt at escape coincided with the creation of the Helvault and Avacyn.
>>
>>48167756
The is a bad metaphor because in this situation the rain will never come to your house because it is permanently dumping on the house of your friend who just showed up and asked for help to make sure it stays over her house

Oh wait, I forgot, Sorin is -tired-. It's ok, he only has to fulfill his end of the bargain when it's nice and convenient for him.
>>
>>48155150
Not him but my liking Garruk skyrocketed after Elf Hitler became the new always green walker.
>>
>>48167779
Being tired might actually apply when the only way to get to your friend's house is to run a marathon. Waiting the 5 minutes for him to catch his breath and lock the door is the least you can do, especially since she already fixed her roof, and just wanted help making sure she didn't miss a spot.
>>
>>48167884
Well when making sure she didn't miss a spot means that rain won't flood her house away then go to his house and wash it away too I'd say her sense of urgency is fine
>>
>>48167689
Anon, she both protected the plane from destruction and restored balance. She had multiple functions.
>>
>>48167779
>Use up large amount of power
>Be completely spent and have no energy
>Some lady asks you to do all the heavy lifting for her and then freaks the fuck out when you ask her for a breather
>>
>>48167942
She didn't freak out until Sorin started acting like he owed her nothing.

She shows up and suddenly the most selfish bastard in the universe has his own anti-invader system installed and tells you he owes you nothing then yeah, I'm gonna hold his ass to the fire and make him come do what he promised
>>
>>48167921
Yeah, bit the sense of urgency crosses over to stupid when not resting means he physically cannot help.
>>
>>48166575
Sorin doesn't give a shit about the Markov family. He felt nothing for them when he saw what Nahiri had done to the manor, and he seems to actually despise most of Innistrad's vampires.

Whatever he's protecting on Innistrad, it's more than just to do with his personal ties. He clearly sees something in the world itself, in its people in general, or he'd have just let his retarded family hunt themselves into starvation.
>>
>>48167999
He was rested enough to slap her shit in the ensuing fight
>>
>>48167977
To be fair, Sorin really DOES owe her nothing. He did all the heavy lifting and helped seal the Titans. She freaks out when he doesn't come and help her check on the titans at first notice. It's not even his problem, he choose to help her out of both kindness and self-intrest and now she expects him to be at HER back-and-call. It's not like he even left Zendikar forever, he did come back to check up once he regained enough energy.
>>
>>48167977
He said he will gonna go later
she didn't care, she just wanted sempai to notice her
All this people are hurt because sorin didn't went right in the moment. but that was the expected on him, the selfish mcedgelord, we already know how he acts, and his character has always developed to that. Nahiri started acting wrong to his Original character, they stupidly changed her to make her the villain, and the people still thinks that she is a very complex character. in 5 years, the story will be re-written to make the people forgive her, in the way they did with nissa, then nahirifags will cry by their own stupidity
>>
>>48168078
>Slap his shit
>He neede the help from loli avacyn, and get her almost destroyed
Negationism at his finest
>>
>>48168098
Nahirifag here. I'm kinda pissed they made her a villain

At this point I'm kinda hoping the Gatewatch sends justice-boner Gideon after her who lets her know Zendikar is safe resulting in her planeswalking back to Zendikar and possibly encountering that tribe of Kor she met after escaping the Helvault and realizing she actually COULD have saved Zendikar if she hadn't been blinded by revenge.

Ends with her going to a quiet spot and killing herself.
>>
>>48168123
>loli avacyn
This is something I didn't know I wanted until just this moment
>>
File: Avacyn father's day.jpg (274 KB, 1600x754) Image search: [Google]
Avacyn father's day.jpg
274 KB, 1600x754
>>48168221
Beware, anon

What you request brings only sadness
>>
>>48168262
Cute.
RIP everything we loved about Innistrad.
>>
>>48156832
>Kars
So is eldritch moon basically vid related?
https://youtu.be/i1YcJkYBAxQ?t=21s
>>
>>48167489
I'm not saying Sorin supporters are Gamergate MRA neckbeards, but I am saying that if Nahiri had a dick like she does in my fanfics, most of this thread would be saying Sorin is a fucking bitch who deserves to get got because he started this war. Sorin fucked over his friend and student, then threw her in a prison of eternal torment to the point that she became insane.

Sorin's a fucking shithead and he deserves what he gets.

>>48167496
This. Sorin swore he'd help keep the Eldrazi sealed. Nahiri came to tell him the Eldrazi had just gotten out, and that wasn't going to hold forever. Sorin didn't give a shit and brushed her off. She tried to force him to do the thing he swore to do and he betrayed her HARD and threw her into the Helvault. Sorin is an unlikeable bastard. He's always been an unlikeable bastard who constantly seemed put out that he'd have to do anything to help other people, even when it meant keeping the reality destroying threat sealed. When Nissa released the Eldrazi he just up and left and said "deal with this shit yourself".

Nahiri is crazy and just got out of prison and she sees that her homeworld is fucked sideways and Sorin's is fine. If shit is going to Hell in a handbasket, why shouldn't she get revenge?

>>48167689
It was Avacyn's job to keep the Vampires from driving themselves to extinction, and protect the herd. She was a shepherd. Avacyn's dead, Emrakul's bringing about the Promised End, and Sorin doesn't give a shit about anything but ending Nahiri, because
>When two ancient Planeswalkers duel, entire planes feel it.
>>
>>48168206
I would take nigh-sexual joy in seeing that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.