[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #938: Sanctioned Bullying Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48138797
>>
Small breasted waifus are still waifus! Stand against the bullying of waifus regardless of their breast size! Unless they are masochists. . .
>>
Re-asking:

>>48147634
>>
So, gonna repeat the question from the last thread before I fuck off to sleep.

Paging TopHat and/or Spyro:
> Need to know if Gummi Shipyard MUST be ran by Chip n' Dale.

> I've got fairies from KanColle who haven't been doing much because their KanMusume has decided to magic all the things. So, why not put them in charge of the Gummi Shipyard?

G'night /jc/ and remember, do not bully the titlet dragon healer in plain view of her adoptive family. There are less painful ways to die.
>>
RIP Magnificently Massive Mammary Master Race Edition
>>
>>48147845
As far as I'm aware yeah it's powered by the soul.
>>
File: waifunapper.png (11 KB, 1244x788) Image search: [Google]
waifunapper.png
11 KB, 1244x788
Jumpers!

Everyone has their own rules of engagement, so what are yours? What targets are always acceptable? What targets are never acceptable?

>pic unrelated
>>
Hips & Ass are where it's at.
>>
>>48147839
Small breasted waifus must be bullied and teased.
>>
File: Yuri (not forbidden love).jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Yuri (not forbidden love).jpg
20 KB, 640x480
>>48147880
Is there a problem, comrade?
>>
File: +1000CP.jpg (635 KB, 881x1327) Image search: [Google]
+1000CP.jpg
635 KB, 881x1327
Jumpers! Have you ever been bullied?
>>
>>48147886
How dare you steal someone's waifu.
>>
>>48147863
>Magnificently Massive Mammary Master Race Edition
Soon
>>
>>48147845
The wiki makes it sound more like an exteenal force.
>>
YYH question on the Jagan Eye.

The eye is canon level, remember he rarely used his eye outside of the first arc he was introduced or so. When he did use the eye it was to help him master his Demon Dragon attack.

That was only possible because the eye allows one to regulate one's energy with a finite control. Which is why he was able to master the dragon attack and not get eaten by it.

Most Heiei's power came from his nature of being a Male Fire Demon born from Yuko-Onos. It doesn't come with power degrade, and you don't have to have a pre-existing third eye. The demon surgeon drills a third eyesocket.
>>
>>48147839
Nah I am a sadist man, I enjoy bullying her and biting and taking out the whips and the knives and the- well I think you get it.

Although having a vore fetish is taken to a new level when your companion can come back to life, so I try not to enjoy my own fetish too much lest she asks for her own.
>>
>>48147965
You kill your waifu as part of sex! I would think someone with that fetish would be able to find the right perks to do that without their waifu having to die for it!
>>
>>48147845
I think it's more the soul working the proper frequency to interact with an outside force.
>>
>>48147922
There was a competing thread that was made immediately after this one but got deleted.
>>
>>48148017
It's a great name, it'll rise again.
>>
>>48147880
I used the marvel jump to create an eye of judgement that lets my see persons guilt
+ Justice from undertale lets me see their LOVE
So I don't have to worry about if the person i'm throttling deserved it or not

>>48147903
All The Time
Somehow there is a person in just about every jump that has my powers and is determined to be an absolute dick to me. Like the fuck man? I just got here and you already hate me. Judgemental much?
>>
Wasn't answered last thread so asking again.

How does 40Ks Alpha Biomancy stack up against the other biokinesis perks (Worm/Shadow Ops/Marvel Combo)?
>>
>>48147957
>Drills a third eyesocket
>Right into the frontal lobe

So you'd lose some brain function and have a weakened skull? Because a third eye socket would weaken the structural integrity of the frontal bone.
>>
>>48147880
My nation has two codes of war, one for mercenary work one for being an actual part of it:

>>as a mercenary we have a moral responsibility to help those without the means to defend themselves gain a level playing field while simultaneously avoiding escalation

>>as a party in the war Our code of war stipulates that war is a horrible last resort And therefore must be ended as quickly and decisively as possible so that we can get Back to peace
>>
>>48147880
People who want to think they're the smartest person in the room are always acceptable targets. Mostly because their scrambling to prove that no, really, they're the best tends to be hilarious adorable.
>>
>>48148067
So just a specific form of insecurity?
>>
>>48148067
Top kek.
>>
>>48148061
Animu demon magic gives zero shits about biology.
JC fiat gives less-than-zero shits about biology.
>>
>>48148087
Yeah. It's fun to break them down and reveal that all their posturing and scheming really is just them covering up for their insecurity. The best part is when you can use OOC knowledge to fuck with them, because then they get to freak out about how I knew about some event despite them putting so much effort into covering it up.
>>
>>48148152
At least give them a hug afterwards.
>>
>>48148061
It's a magic eye, MAGIC. So none the real weaknesses that would be associated with having a third eye drilled into your skull.
>>
>>48148012
Its that scp perk that lets her survive me slicing her apart.
>>
>>48148187
Okay, just making sure. Because the drilling part seemed to imply that mundane methods were used to insert a magical eye.
>>
Can I get an opinion on whether something is suitable as a Rainmaker Kid power in PS238? I'm taking it in addition to FISS, because I figure the best way to get around the "you're so generic" stereotype is branding. The idea is that I'm a next-generation improved model of Antaeus, the giant whose power came from the earth and so was super strong and durable so long as he was touching the ground. So my Rainmaker Kid aspect would be that I am the earth, in miniature. Like, I'm made of earth and water and a molten (though not actually that hot) core, covered in microscopic plants and animals. And so since I can never not be touching the earth, being the earth, I can maintain my FISS powers at all times.
>>
>>48148220
Oh, I thought you meant companion Resurrection. Still I hops she has pain tolerance perks.
>>
>>48148187
So does the magic eye take up actual space in the skull, or is it like *extradimesional*, man?
>>
>>48148244
Way, way outside the scope of Rainmaker Kid if you ask me.
>>
>>48148244
The "you're so generic" aspect is enforced by drawback fiat: there isn't much "getting around" that.
>>
>>48148250
I've never seen anyone so anal about inhuman biology in an anime.
>>
>>48147880
>What targets are always acceptable?
Evil people. Not steal your shit evil, though. Real evil. Like murdering for teh lulz, raping, abusing children.
I will straight up fuckin' eat these people.

>What targets are never acceptable?
Kids. Never ever, mane. That shit goes on your permanent record in your soul.
Also never mentally incompetent people. (retarded and the like).
>>
>>48148286
1. Not the same guy.

2. Really? How long have you been here?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 500x381
>>48148250
>>
>>48148250
Yes? Maybe it works as part of your brain and an eye at the same time? It is magic. Really anon don't overthink things or you'll start realizing how many cracks there are in most universes you visit
>>
>>48148267
Really? But it's not actually useful for anything. It's just cosmetic. I'm already covered in microorganisms as a human. And I'm as durable as rock thanks to FISS. So being turned into rock with a coating of microorganisms doesn't seem that powerful. It's not like it's actually enabling my FISS powers, those are on all the time anyway, that's just my in-character justification for it.

>>48148272
Look, I'm just trying to make it an interesting scenario. I know people are going to find me generic anyway, this is just to give me a niche appeal.
>>
>>48148244
>Can I get an opinion on whether something is suitable as a Rainmaker Kid power in PS238? I'm taking it in addition to FISS, because I figure the best way to get around the "you're so generic" stereotype is branding. The idea is that I'm a next-generation improved model of Antaeus, the giant whose power came from the earth and so was super strong and durable so long as he was touching the ground. So my Rainmaker Kid aspect would be that I am the earth, in miniature. Like, I'm made of earth and water and a molten (though not actually that hot) core, covered in microscopic plants and animals. And so since I can never not be touching the earth, being the earth, I can maintain my FISS powers at all times.

that sounds more like you're looking for two purchases of miscellaneous meta,rainmaker kid doesn't cover anything remotely applicable in combat .more specifically:body of earth, body of water, body of magma, microecology, bear in mind the microscopic plants and animals will have abilities scaled to How very very small they are. And you Are given no ability to control them in any way so you're probably going to be really itchy all the time.
>>48148364
no, it's really not .
>>
Can you still use a melee weapon you imported as a Teigu without sacrificing spiritual energy? You would just be unable to access Teigu abilities, correct?

And what about traits inherent to the weapon like durability: do those still require spiritual energy to function?
>>
>>48148364
>But it's not actually useful for anything. It's just cosmetic.
>It's not like it's actually enabling my FISS powers. . .

That directly contradicts this:

>And so since I can never not be touching the earth, being the earth, I can maintain my FISS powers at all times.

That's a No Sell if I ever heard one. You can't be deprived of your powers because yada yada.

If you want that, do what >>48148396 suggested and double buy Misc. Meta.
>>
>>48147637
>Liches?
It's humerus that you think that. Tibia honest I don't know what was going on in your cranium.
>>
>>48148396
I'm aware. I'm not looking for anything applicable to combat. It's just a cosmetic excuse for why I've got FISS, it's not going to give me any additional strength on top of it for being made of rock. And the water isn't going to matter, because going by scale it's just going to be a thin film on top of me. As for the magma, I said it wouldn't actually be that hot. Hotter than a normal human's core temperature, but not enough to use in combat. And I don't want to control the microorganisms, they're just for decoration.

>>48148419
It's not a No Sell. I'd still be affected by power nullification. Baseline FISS doesn't have any special weaknesses, but can be nullified. This is the same thing. I'm introducing a weakness to my FISS that it shouldn't have, then spending CP to get rid of my self-imposed weakness. Other means of bypassing FISS would still apply. I just want a neat little backstory as an elemental, that's all.
>>
>>48148440
Always bully liches.
>>
File: Being.jpg (11 KB, 303x76) Image search: [Google]
Being.jpg
11 KB, 303x76
/JC/, are you a cyborg (or even further)?
>>
>>48148457
You've just been told no by the jump maker. So you can either accept his suggestion on how to make it happen or not. Arguing your case won't win you any points.
>>
>>48148457
Don't bother, anon. Creativity is shunned here and going against the norm makes you an asshole.
>>
>>48148467
Does not compute.
>>
>>48148494
I've been told no by the jumpmaker because he misunderstands what I want. He thinks I want cool elemental powers. I don't. What I want is a cool elemental aesthetic.
>>
>>48148505
So just take Misc. Meta like he suggested.
>>
>>48148505
>What I want is a cool elemental aesthetic.
Be a Journal Entry in Gravity Falls, then.
Problem solved.
>>
File: Rannoch_Destroyer_Shot.png (630 KB, 730x830) Image search: [Google]
Rannoch_Destroyer_Shot.png
630 KB, 730x830
>>48148467
I AM YOUR GENETIC DESTINY.
>>
>>48148528
But Misc. Meta is for things that are useful to a superhero. Rainmaker Kid is for powers that have little to no practical application in superheroics.
>>
How hard is it to find Adamantium or Vibranium in Marvel? I'd rather not purchase it with cp, though, if at all possible.
>>
File: tumblr_mkp8xnJHUq1rw3kc5o1_500.gif (499 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkp8xnJHUq1rw3kc5o1_500.gif
499 KB, 500x280
Hey /jc/, how long did it take you t go mad with power?
>>
>>48148402
Yep you got it right on all counts. You don't need to use energy for inherent traits.
It's more like you need to be X awesome to be able to wield it, but once you hit the bar you only feel the strain when you are making use of the special abilities.
>>
>>48148505
Neither of these perks are really meant for aesthetic purposes sorry,but I think what you're looking for is in skullgirls.
>>
>>48148581
Alright, fair enough. I'll just think of some other backstory for PS238, then.
>>
>>48148565
Thanks.
>>
Hey /jc/, which do you think is better? Fire Dragon Slayer magic or Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic?
>>
>>48148609
Who cares? Buy the Lacrima perk and be both.
>>
>>48148556
>pictured: Reality Marbles
>>
File: awshit.gif (360 KB, 460x370) Image search: [Google]
awshit.gif
360 KB, 460x370
>>48148556
I never did.

That's just something people say to me when they're giving me the business. Or when they're jealous of all the sweet monsters I've got.
>>
>>48148556
I have a theory that any jumper that makes it into the triple digits jump wise will eventually go from "these are some nice little combos" to "I'm going to mash together a hundred perks and dozens of items to do something highly inadvisable that I really didn't think through". It's only a matter of time before they go off the deep end.

It took me 120 jumps
I turned my soul into a multiverse
>>
File: i11474414654.png (85 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
i11474414654.png
85 KB, 375x360
>>48147880
Rules are just a thing you use to make combat "fun" or "fair" for both parties, or an attempt to lower unnecessary casualties. In a serious engagement, there are no such things as rules. True combat is not fun and there is no glory in battle. You do what is needed to win.
Hence, any battle in which rules are followed is not really a battle, but is more of a play put on for the sake of arguments. Such plays, in the interest of reducing consequence, have their place. However, that is all they are. A play.
For as long as it remains a play, I possess as many rules as my opponent does.
And will break them, as necessary.

>>48147903
Gengar from Team Meanies in PMD used to make fun of me and steal my things a lot.
As a fighting type, I couldn't really do anything to stop him.
Vee used to get really upset about it, too.

He got beaten up once, trying to defend me.
So, I went to Gengar's friends, and beat them up, too. I mean, it was only fair, right?
... They all left him alone after that.

Anyway, nowadays people who try to bully me tend to get their arms broken.

Plural.

>>48148467
Backup systems are great, anon!
I prefer biology for long-term usage, given that it's usually easier to repair, and system cohesion is a priority. But robotics are great for extra add-ons or redundant backups!
Plus, if you can bridge the gap into full biotech, your potential basically doubles!

>>48148706
I'm not really good at mashing perks together.
I guess I'm just not creative enough.
>>
>>48148609
Do what Natsu did, combine them together into Lightning Fire Dragon Slayer.
>>
>>48147769
So here's some of the self-indulgent world-building for BattleStar Galactica that I threatened last night.

As part of prep for Exodus of Humanity, spent the year before upgrading and refitting the Defiant (Galactica-Class Battlestar) with new weapons and computer systems, those being all I really had time for, other than the hydroponic gardens in the space-expanded cargo bays. Part of this was taking the convenient 120 MKII Vipers, gutting their cockpits, and replacing them with droid brains that are loaded with child/clever dog/dumb parrot intelligence. Think the Tachikoma in space with more varied personalities. They help with Fleet defence, scouting and whatnot, and also help train the Nuggets. The droids are grouped into Squads of four Droids and Groups of ten Squads. Each was assigned a Number and allowed to choose a Callsign, detailed below.

D = Defiant
V = Viper
X = Group, [A, B, C]
N = Squad, [0..9]
- = -
M = Unit, [1..4]

Droid -- Callsign
DVA0-1 -- Trick Shot
DVA0-2 -- Bad Penny
DVA0-3 -- Workaround
DVA0-4 -- Maverick
DVA1-1 -- Iceman
DVA1-2 -- Goose
DVA1-3 -- Toasterbait
DVA1-4 -- Crybaby
DVA2-1 -- Happy Meal
DVA2-2 -- McNugget
DVA2-3 -- Boomstick
DVA2-4 -- Hi-Hat
DVA3-1 -- Cupcake
DVA3-2 -- Buttercup
DVA3-3 -- J-Turn
DVA3-4 -- Foxpaw
DVA4-1 -- Jazz Hands
DVA4-2 -- Backchat
DVA4-3 -- Crosstalk
DVA4-4 -- Baby Boomer
DVA5-1 -- Jarhead
DVA5-2 -- Miss Piggy
DVA5-3 -- Big Daddy
DVA5-4 -- Mama Bear
DVA6-1 -- Ticktock
DVA6-2 -- Thumper
DVA6-3 -- Bambi
DVA6-4 -- Flower
DVA7-1 -- Hairy Hangover
DVA7-2 -- Two-Step
DVA7-3 -- Bandit
DVA7-4 -- Thunderthighs
DVA8-1 -- Bonehound
DVA8-2 -- Sidewinder
DVA8-3 -- Firefly
DVA8-4 -- Juice
DVA9-1 -- Spot
DVA9-2 -- Smokey
DVA9-3 -- Eyedrop
DVA9-4 -- Hotrod
>>
doing some tweaks to X-Men cinematic, what Would Omega level phasing be like?
>>
>>48148741
con't

DVB0-1 -- Skittles
DVB0-2 -- Bullseye
DVB0-3 -- Snowball
DVB0-4 -- Fluffy
DVB1-1 -- Velour Fog
DVB1-2 -- Dreamboat
DVB1-3 -- Baywatch
DVB1-4 -- Trainwreck
DVB2-1 -- Matchstick
DVB2-2 -- Cobra-Cola
DVB2-3 -- Marble-Mumble
DVB2-4 -- Mr. Miggles
DVB3-1 -- Bad News
DVB3-2 -- Turd Blossom
DVB3-3 -- Anchorman
DVB3-4 -- Pink Lady
DVB4-1 -- Eight Ball
DVB4-2 -- Hatchet
DVB4-3 -- Polecat
DVB4-4 -- Play Opossum
DVB5-1 -- Trilby
DVB5-2 -- Porkpie
DVB5-3 -- Bowler
DVB5-4 -- Boonie
DVB6-1 -- Bucket
DVB6-2 -- Tam o'Shanter
DVB6-3 -- Stetson
DVB6-4 -- Trapper
DVB7-1 -- Stovepipe
DVB7-2 -- Fedora
DVB7-3 -- Sugegasa
DVB7-4 -- Beret
DVB8-1 -- Deerstalker
DVB8-2 -- Boater
DVB8-3 -- Fez
DVB8-4 -- Bonnet
DVB9-1 -- Ulysses
DVB9-2 -- Garble
DVB9-3 -- Egghead
DVB9-4 -- Longarm
DVC0-1 -- Stronk
DVC0-2 -- Lawman
DVC0-3 -- Guido
DVC0-4 -- Gordo
DVC1-1 -- Biscuit
DVC1-2 -- Brownie
DVC1-3 -- Filo
DVC1-4 -- Puff Pastry
DVC2-1 -- Haddock
DVC2-2 -- Dollface
DVC2-3 -- Smoke Ring
DVC2-4 -- Rascal
DVC3-1 -- Hundred Grand
DVC3-2 -- Roswell
DVC3-3 -- Gravy Train
DVC3-4 -- Buster
DVC4-1 -- Flick
DVC4-2 -- Swish
DVC4-3 -- Glass Eye
DVC4-4 -- Peg Leg
DVC5-1 -- Handhold
DVC5-2 -- Ping
DVC5-3 -- Oracle
DVC5-4 -- Dingbat
DVC6-1 -- Highball
DVC6-2 -- Collins
DVC6-3 -- Flute
DVC6-4 -- Gobbler
DVC7-1 -- Kneehigh
DVC7-2 -- Ephemeris
DVC7-3 -- Pioneer
DVC7-4 -- Anklebiter
DVC8-1 -- Bootstrap
DVC8-2 -- Cannonball
DVC8-3 -- Gearshift
DVC8-4 -- Snakebite
DVC9-1 -- Deep Six
DVC9-2 -- Striker
DVC9-3 -- Eisenheim
DVC9-4 -- Butler

Was actually sad that I had to leave them all behind, but no way was the Defiant going to fit in my Warehouse.
>>
>>48148759
Probably something like Geist from Worm, just without the possession.
>>
>>48148759
Honestly? No Clue. Still kind of on the fence about listing Omega versions of the Delta powers.

My guess would be something like large-scale density manipulation: phase a few city blocks out of existence or make it so dense that it becomes absurdly durable, link hands with a hundred people and make them intangible so they could just walk in anywhere and nothing but other esoteric powers could do anything to them, etc.
>>
Should I import Tinker Bell as a Space Marine? If so, what Chapter?
>>
>>48147880
>what targets are always acceptable?

If it attacks.

>what targets are never acceptable?

If it doesn't.
>>
>>48148994
Though, now that I think about it, wouldn't Techpriest fit her better?
>>
>>48149010
Probably.

Techmarine at the very least.
>>
>>48148944
Maybe omega phasing would be kinda like MM's powers. Able to increase density, to gain super strength and durability.

I know Kitty can do some crazy stuff, like walk on air, put people to sleep, kill people without trouble. However all that stuff is in the comics.
>>
>>48148944
Why do they necessarily need omega versions? If you wanted to add higher level versions of more of the powers couldn't you just have some powers only upgrade-able to beta or alpha? Especially if you can't figure out a good way for some of them to scale that high.
>>
>>48148741
That's quite a lot of robots.
>>
>>48149026
Yeah, I'm just liking the idea of a tiny fairy becoming a massive space marine(sure she's had a human form for a while now, but a space marine sized body would be new for her)
>>
>>48148944
sorry I forget if you made the jump or not, what about Precognition and Technopathy,Bear in mind the characters I'm thinking of Are my Laid-back sniper and brutish mechanic
>>
>>48148994
A Peter Pan jump sounds like fun but it looks like SB made a pretty terrible one.
>>
>>48148467
I think my body is at least 49% Magical Nanomachines or Machinery at this point.
>>48148556
I didn't go mad.
>Madness: the state of being mentally ill, especially severely.
I did, however, adjust to my new circumstances over time, which leads to some people assuming that I am insane.
>>
>>48148760
>>48148741
Why couldn't you download them all into a VR environment in your warehouse? If you created them, you can take them as companions(and if not sapient enough AI's you could just take them at the pet level anyway. When you need them as Fighter Drones, make them new Drone bodies.
>>
>>48149074
And? We don't pay attention to SB.

Which makes it kind of strange that they pay so much attention to us, really.
>>
>>48149046
There were quite a lot of robots trying to kill us.

>>48147880
Never throw the first punch. Always throw the last.
Follow the Rule of Escalation--meet hands with hands, knives with knives, guns with guns, ships with ships.

But if they hurt my Companions? Exterminatus Maximus.

>>48147839
Lesbian Harem Variety Pack has several sizes to choose from.
>>
>>48149128
>Lesbian Harem Variety Pack
For some reason I am overwhelmed with curiosity as to what that is. . .
>>
>>48149074
SB made a Pan jump? Doesn't count, if you want one make one. I got my Tink from Disney Princess, she was the support character. My hero character was Alice. The villain was Gaston. I companioned Alice and Tink(yay for companioning items and cheat codes). After all, we all had 10 years to get to know each other in New Orleans. (I've now picked up two more Alice versions from Devil Survivor 2 and SMT)
>>
>>48149031
Yeah, that would be covered in the density manipulation. No idea about Kitty in the comics, though; never read many X-Men ones.

>>48149035
They don't necessarily need them, but people keep asking about them. I haven't decided whether ir not to add them, though, hence the "on the fence".

As for Alpha or Beta...I mean, I could do that. Seems pretty arbitrary though, and that kind of bothers me. And yeah, I know it's kind of arbitrary as-is, too.

>>48149057
>sorry I forget if you made the jump or not,
I did.

Precognition? I guess you'd be some type of really powerful Oracle? Hell, maybe you could pull of some type of timeline simulation like Coil does.

Technopathy? I've answered this several times before, but the only two things I can see being viable for it are increased range and being able to affect more powerful/sentient computing systems.
>>
>>48149145
Probably one of the Choirs from Light of Terra, I'd guess. They're all of whatever sexuality is required for them to be crushing on you, so they could be gay or straight depending on your gender.
>>
File: mXyupD1.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
mXyupD1.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>48149118
>We don't pay attention to SB.
>>
>>48148467
You could say that! Started out with high-grade cyberlimbs and wired reflexes in Shadowrun. Those got upgraded by Tony Start the very next jump, and later by the Asgardians (much to Tony's surprise when he tried to hit the killswitch on them)

Then things got weird in Girl Genius.
>>
How hard is it to find Adamantium or Vibranium in Marvel? I'd rather not purchase it with cp, though, if at all possible. Internalized Helm of Xorn so sexy~~
>>
File: _IGP1054.jpg (49 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
_IGP1054.jpg
49 KB, 600x448
...I have a strange urge to make the Slagshifta I got in Day at the Races into a proper Orky mech. What vehicle-to-mech options do we have in the chain?
>>
>>48149198
also I noticed that companions get 400 points for perks and 400 points for powers but the powers section itself gives an extra 400 points, does this mean companions have 800 points total for powers?
>>
>>48149245
>much to Tony's surprise when he tried to hit the killswitch on them
Agatha. I don't even care what you were doing, I'm sure that smug shit deserved it.
>>
>>48149249
very
>>
>>48149252
No, the 400 from the powers section is only for you. They can get another 200 if they're an Experiment, though.
>>
>>48149095
Their baseline personalities were hard-coded into the brains. Granted, there was room for ten dozen droid brains in the Warehouse, but there wasn't much point without the whole ship, which had enough space-expanding enchantments inside it that I daredn't try to shrink it.

The above is totally not BS to cover for me not thinking of it.

>>48149145
It's Exactly What It Says on the Tin. I've collected a half-dozen female Companions with varied personalities and physicals, and over the nine hundred years we've all waifued each other.

>>48148556
Implying I wasn't mad to begin with.

>>48149249
Supposed to be rare (though an annoying number of characters use it in some way or another). Wakanda has a full-on mine you could burgle.

>>48149203
What from Where now?
>>
>>48148467

>>even further

meta-entity transcendent of traditional notions of astrophysics, geology, spirituality, engineering, computer science,physical matter and biology
>>48149250
supreme Commander has one.
>>
>>48149249
Can buy Adamantium in X-Men Movies and (I think) Vibranium in MCU.
>>
>>48149249
Extremely. The best types of adamantium actually incorporate vibranium into the alloy, so it's dependent on the supply of that metal. And vibranium is super rare. There are two deposits of the stuff, one in Wakanda and one in Antarctica. As far as anyone can tell, it exists nowhere else, despite the fact that it was a meteor shower that originally brought vibranium to Earth. You'd expect there to be some amount of it somewhere out in space, but not that anyone's found.
>>
>>48149306
But Anon, both of those jumps have way better things to spend CP on than Marvel does, anyway.
>>
>>48149198
It would be pretty cool to see higher tiered versions of some more of the powers but it seems like it would require some of them to become completely separate powers in order to get them to Alpha or Omega.
>>
File: 12834.jpg (14 KB, 353x98) Image search: [Google]
12834.jpg
14 KB, 353x98
>>48149222
Well then, better go ahead and load that Pan jump up on the drive!
>>
>>48149382
No, fuck that abomination with a spade and set it on fire.
>>
>>48149290
>What from Where now?
Light of Terra, a jump set in the Warhammer 40K universe that is somewhat controversial due to depowering you unless you're willing to accept a drastically higher difficulty level that also locks you out of a lot of nice things. It's still pretty neat, though. Anyway, there are "DLC packs" for it, adding extra adventures and scenarios for you to go through. DLC 1 lets you grab the "Choirs" as companions. If you accept the depowering, you get the Choir of Righteous Fury, a bunch of Sororitas that I am 90% sure are based on the female characters from the JRPG "Riviera: The Promised Land" (the 10% uncertainty is because I can't tell who Arlissa is supposed to be. Rose, maybe?). If you go for the hard mode, though, you get the Choir of Lost Voices, who are a bunch of Chaos-tainted radical atheist (the worship Necoho, Chaos God of Atheism. Don't point out the contradiction to them, it gets them mad) yanderes. They're a less appealing option unless you have a lot of psychotherapy perks to get them sane.
>>
File: 56143.jpg (15 KB, 353x98) Image search: [Google]
56143.jpg
15 KB, 353x98
>>48149397
EXACTLY.
>>
>>48149406
>Choir of Lost Voices
Wouldn't be so bad if one of them wasn't a diseased fatty and the /fit/ chick is bald.

Ugh. Horrible aesthetics.
>>
>>48149382
>>
>>48149282
that's fair, would a build like this be acceptable? experiment
every time free.
Adamantium -200 discount for Experiment
Omega level adaptive evolution -800 200 extra CP from experiment
>>
>>48149382
I didn't say that, anon. All I'm saying is, the thread does spend a silly amount of time bitching about SB and accusing them of being in a conspiracy (apparently completely separate from the IRC conspiracy. Kinda makes you proud that we have two whole conspiracies targeting us, don't it?)
>>
>>48149397
Speaking of spades and fire who here waifued Rachel from Tower of God?
>>
>>48149282
I had thought that the 400 they got for powers was the +400 from the powers section.
>>
>>48149441
> I wish we had a Peter Pan jump.
> But SB already made one!
> So? We don't care what they do.
> Hahaha yes we do!

Anon, I'm going to teach you about this magical thing called "context".
>>
>>48149406
>>48149429

That all sounds rather inconvenient and needlessly complicated for stuff I doubt I even want. Still, I'mma pokety poke at it.
>>
>>48149437
Check your math.
>400 CP to start
>spend 100 on Experiment (300)
>spend 200 on Adamantium (100)
>have 600 CP to spend on powers, that leaves you needing 200 more (-100)
>companions can't take drawbacks and you have a negative balance

Though, I may change it to let companions take specific drawbacks.

>>48149462
Same differece, but Bancho was asking if they stack.
>>
>>48149447
I just started reading that series. Wouldn't you be waifu-ing a child? Not to mention cucking Baam?
>>
>>48149549
Isn't Adamantium 600cp, 300cp discounted?
>>
>>48149549
The jump says companions get a free background.
>>
>>48149579
Baam deserves better than her.
>>
>>48149581
I posted a WIP update with the prices on some items bumped down. I assume he's working off of that.
>>
>>48149441
Actually, about half of the jumps that SB has made are in the jump. And that's only two or three authors.

And all of them have better quality than the 90% of the Jumps than are usually made around here (large perk trees, elaborated and non-vague descriptions).

Criticicing them for two bad Jumps (Babylon and Peter Pan?) is not fair, considering that we get worse Jumps thrown around here.

>inb4 you call me a sbfag and ignore my opinions
>>
File: 1467587301683.jpg (91 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
1467587301683.jpg
91 KB, 500x265
>>48149587
Well fuck me, anon. I'm fucking retarded.

>>48149549
>>48149437
Nevermind, that does work.
>>
>>48149579
If you want to help Baam kill her, kill her a the most painful way you can. She takes worst girl to a level I can't even describe with out spoiling shit. The spade and fire thing is a reference to what an anon did to her before soul trapping her and subjecting her to endless torture.
>>
>>48149616
The typical response to you is that the stuff on the drive is made by people who posted them here and hang out with us at least occasionally.

Meanwhile the ones that are scared of us generally don't make anything good because they don't get criticism and learn how to make things properly.
>>
>>48149549
Okay because I'm looking over the version I have's companion import and it says backgrounds are free and I was doing it as:
>>experiment free
Adamantium -200 discounted for experiment
200 general CP remaining
400 bonus CP for powers +200 for being experiment equals 600 for powers +200 general equals 800.
>>
>>48145714
I always assumed the Eye's abilities would gradually grow in power up to series levels as you used it.
In story the implantation weakened Hiei, and he had to grow back into his full power. The jump already makes you start weak, so fluff this as the reason why if you want.
>>
>>48149644
>>48149627
alright then sorry I Replied like I did,formatting that took a bit.
>>
>>48149616
See >>48149643

It's not that SB isn't allowed to make stuff we'll put on our drive. It's that we want to be involved with it, and we want a say in what's balanced or will be a part of it.

When people from SB say they can make whatever they want and put it on our drive, we tell them to fuck off. They have their own drive, they can use that.
>>
Can anyone give me some feats for X-men movie adamantium? Like, how does it compare to its comics counterpart? Its MCU counterpart?
>>
Where can I find some Uru?
>>
>>48147880
If it's hostile, you kill it.
>>
>>48149703
Actually, I think in The Wolverine, something manages to cut off some of his claws somehow? Not sure, I watched that movie once in theatre and that was it.
>>
>>48149764
With a sword made of super heated adamantium, while in adamantium power armor.
>>
>>48149743
Valhalla.
>>
Hey Digger, if you're around. If I take Greed is Good am I still limited to 9 core medals or i turn into a monster?
>>
>>48149616
Of the complete jumps on their drive, five were partially done here, and the one remaining one is just plain boring. Meanwhile their WIP folder is four piece of trash power grabs, those being the infamous replacement B5 jump, a Prisma Illya jump that's busy trying to shove as much other Nasu stuff in as possible regardless of the actual focus of the series, Coiling Dragon, and what by all rights should be a joke jump, but instead is crammed with ridiculous perks because the author doesn't get the concept of balancing risk and reward or not every jump needing to contribute to trying to overpower Dragon Ball.
>>
>>48149703
The only that's ever truly damaged it was what >>48149779 said.
Wolverine's skull armor was pierced by an Adamantium bullet, further supporting the 'only Adamantium can damage Adamantium' theory. Nothing else has even scratched it.

Not even The Phoenix in Last Stand could damage it.
Magneto could bend it a bit, and throw Wolverine around, but he never actually damaged it. When Magneto released his power the Adamantium immediately went back to it's standard shape.

Wolverine survives a fall off the top of the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant without a single damaged bone. Still hurt, though. And his claws cut through basically everything: porcelain, chain link, concrete, solid steel, blast doors.

It's pretty impressive, all in all.
>>
>>48149764
Does the Adamantium cum with instructions on how to shape/harden it?
>>
>>48149801

Unless you take Above the Influence, you are still susceptible to Mega Greeed Out Of Control Mode for shoving foreign Medals into you
You can do a few cores from others safely(ish) but any more and you're gonna not enjoy what happens next
>>
>>48149875
Why the hell did they even replace B5? The existing jump already lets you turn into a fucking vorlon for pete's sake.
>>
>>48150036
it's molten metal you just cast it,Quench it and file it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWIuyeNp2k
>>
>>48149978
Forgot to add, Blob was stunned after head-butting Wolverine.
Previously, young Blob could put his fist in a tank's main cannon, and when it fired, the tank blew up. And he was completely fine.

>>48150036
Lewd as fuck.
>>
>>48150085
File adamantium. . . how exactly is that supposed to happen?
>>
On second thought, lets not go to Camelot.

It is a silly place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubjbWHWSbro
>>
>>48150099
with an adamantium file?
>>
>>48150099
You make a adamantium file first Obviously.
>>
>>48150110
>>48150111
And how exactly do you do that?
>>
>>48150122
Casting it in a file shape.
>>
>>48150122
You make a mold for a rough file and then you cast it in adamantium , files are blunt instruments that work off of their texture so they don't need sharpening. sometimes you have to build the tools to build the tools Anonymous.
>>
Putting on a new trip since I forgot my old one.

Working on the Worm update all of today and I need to know if there are any critiques or suggestions that anybody wants to make or have me keep in mind.

Saw the PTV thing last thread and I'm going out of my way to tweak that so everybody understands and my vague attempts at explaining it don't just muddle things up more.

I've seen a few people mention that some of the powers are very underwhelming compared to other options and I'd like to know which of those you all think that is the case with. Beyond that any issues you guys have with wording, choices on how the powers operate, etc would be much appreciated.

The more feedback I get the faster and more smooth this all will go, so don't be shy.
>>
>>48150041
okay so adding three of Uva's medals to my Venom Combo Greeed self wont fuck me up too bad as long as I have decent willpower. Thats all I wanted to verify really.
>>
>>48149441
This thread spends a 'silly' (pathetic) amount of time bitching about everything. Endjumps, nerfwhores, powerwankers, Spacebattles; it doesn't matter what or who it is, the thread will ruin a thread to bitch about something, because it's filled with autists who treat single player imaginary games with a frankly bizarre level of seriousness and rigor, like it's a goddamn national sport.
>>
>>48150156
Reduce the cost of power-choice to 100 CP and remove the roll element.
>>
>>48150154
You could also score a flat adamantium blank with an adamantium blade. I'm fairly certain that's how files are made with regular metal.
>>
>>48150156
there is damn near nothing that can improve worm powers, how about some kind of booster? also the Tinker powers are really general, maybe a few new ones that are a bit more specific, as in give you worm level Tinker Knowledge and science?
>>48150186
that'll also work to make the file, but we have to bootstrap up to the blade first.
>>
>>48150156
Anything I might suggest or critique might already be in the update so I really have nothing to say until I see what you have done.
>>
>>48150156
We have no idea what you have put in the update so how could we make critiques or suggestions about it?
>>
>>48150186
>>48150199
Hmm, I am coming to the conclusion of just using TK to put it into the shape I want and holding it like that until it hardens.
>>
>>48150178
YOU

FOOL

Are you trying to cause salt?
>>
>>48150202
>>48150245
He's asking about things from the base jump as a reference so just go from there
>>
>>48150178
I've got to agree with this, luck-based discounts are silly.
>>
>>48150202
I'm asking for critique up front so I can hit things on the first try, so telling me now would be appreciated, otherwise I would have to go back and rework things, potentially made more difficult by the changes I've made needing to be rethought instead of having been accounted for from the beginning.

>>48150245
The update as is currently is a massive chunk of notes, ideas, and whatnot with the original Worm draft unmodified beyond some grammer fixes, I'm still digging into the design of the jump and I haven't actually made permanent changes yet. What I'm asking for is stuff from the original draft that people HAVE seen that I need to take into account now that I'm consolidating everything and beginning work on the final product proper.
>>
>>48150106
Yay more Arturia
>>
>>48150276
that sounds like a good plan, but you'll need some really fine control over your telekinesis if you want to make it actually sharp, you're probably better off using your telekinesis to shape the file and then filing it sharp.
>>
>>48150289
You answered your own question.
>>
>>48150178
That is stupid.

>>48150156
I would how ever suggest that choosing for each roll have their price changed to 150 to make choosing companions power just like it is for the jumper, making the total cost 300 so that it matches the amount of CP companions get.
>>
>>48150178
I like rolling.
>>
>>48150178
>I want you to fuck up the existing jump's balance because I want cheaper stuff.
>>
>>48150289
Who would honestly complain about that? Powers are already free, making it cost 400 cp to choose them is completely retarded, especially since jumps that let you pay to choose randomly selected powers cost 100 cp.
>>
>>48150156
Make being a Parahuman cost 400 CP and remove rolling.

jk but fuck luck discounts

I get and think that Air Control is actually really strong, but put besides the space-time shit in the Shaker category it seems really underwhelming. Doesn't help that the description goes for the really high-end of impracticality with the "more air and wind = super good" thing. Uh, what I'm saying is, maybe give an example of how it'll work if you're in a cramped alley versus an open crossing or something. Help people picture it.

Internal Charge is alright, but clarifying how strong/durable you become would be great. As it stands, you can only guess what nigh-invulnerable actually means, considering the sheer amount of powers in the world.

No comment on Thanatos.

PLEASE clarify how the guideline (months to hours) for Enhanced Mastery works with the drop-off from becoming an expert.

Mind buffing Contractor? Say, sixteen for medium level powers, eight for high level powers. Pretty please?
>>
>>48150156
Seconding >>48150178
>>
The Faith perk from Penny Dreadful can I put faith in myself instead of an abstract being?
>>
>>48150041
Hey can I use plug n play to absorb Gaia memories in the same way I absorb medals? How bad of an idea is it?
>>
>>48150397
You don't need a perk for that, anon!
>>
>>48150156
So how much improvement would the Alexandria Package power see in, say, a century of use? A millenia?

>>48150168
It really does amaze me. It also reinforced my belief that humans are, almost to a man, ultimately petty, retarded assholes who would rather spend time arguing about things they don't care about than actually be productive on something they do care about.
>>
>>48147859
You could certainly have them help. Maybe set up a little holiday pad for Chip and Dale if you don't want them supervising. I'd recommend putting them in charge for this a while though, mostly so they can train the fairies.

Although... can kancolle fairies actually leave their ship girl? I have no idea if they can or not.
>>
>>48150429
he's right you know >>48150397 but if you can't then believe in me who believes in you!
>>
>>48150508
shipgirls have fairies? I don't remember that from watching the anime a year ago.
>>
>>48150508
They can fly planes so maybe? They're never really explained in any detail.
>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.gif (443 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.gif
443 KB, 500x285
>>48150429
>implying you don't
>>
>>48150524
Carrier shipgirls have fairies who are standins for the airplanes.
>>
What magic would be appropriate for a Wolf/Werewolf Witch in Soul Eater?
>>
>>48150524
They're crawling with them. You see them more with the carriers but it's assumed that there are maintenance fairies that help with the upkeep of their more ship'ish parts.
>>
>>48150428
Considering what they do to people who inject them even with protection?
...The same, about.
Neo-heisei Pt.1 has a bad habit of making power corruptive.
Again, if you wanna tangle with that shit, Above the Influence is your best bet.
>>
>>48150553
Wait what? I thought Carriers were archers and used arrows to represent airplanes.
>>
>>48149764
Cracker_Jack, you mentioned that there was a WIP for the X-men jump -- do you have an ETA?
>>
>>48150178
>>48150305
>>48150387
Really not comfortable doing this. Going with >>48150329 I'm actually kind of partial to since it makes the companion CP allotment mesh much better, but just making it 100cp it pick seems too much considering the powers involved. It isn't like Fairy Tail or One Piece where you have multiple levels of power or whatnot, they are all really good powers and considering the in setting randomness of powers I feel like it's far more appropriate that choosing requires more of an investment.

>>48150359
All noted, I admit I tend to er too much on the vague side and it's one thing I'm working on right now.

Honestly not comfortable buffing Contracter to that level considering the way it already massively slants the cape game in setting just on its own. Played right anybody with that power has the advantage in the dynamic between factions.

>>48150480
I'm trying to work out if there's a better way for me to chart power growth, but honestly the reason it's the way it currently is stated is because I can't really give solid numbers. It's an area where it relies on people to fanwank whatever is reasonable/makes for a better story/etc.
>>
>>48150580
They have both. It's weird.

>>48150573
I don't make that assumption.
>>
File: 1367779958920.jpg (718 KB, 1427x800) Image search: [Google]
1367779958920.jpg
718 KB, 1427x800
>>48150508
Reminder to purge all of your shipgirl's/your fairies the second you enter Kancolle like the ticks and tapeworms that they are.
>>
>>48150555
something sound related? Cast largely by howling?
>>
>>48150553
>>48150573
>>48150615

That is weird. Also makes interactions with E and Rae (and possibly Chicky) weird. Think I'll just go with what I remember as there being tiny pilots in the tiny arrow planes, but everything else is magic ship parts.

>>48150665
That's a bit extreme.
>>
>>48150671
>That's a bit extreme.
>You're infested with parasites
>Annoying, talking parasites that defile you with their existence
>It is extreme to eradicate them like you would any parasite
>>
>>48150608
Eh, it's strong enough as-is, so I wasn't really expecting you to do it.

Just bothers me that no matter how you go with it, you'll end up with leftover power slots or homies left out if you use it on Companions.
>>
>>48150704
eh, parasites aren't necessarily bad. Some can be quite helpful. Especially the purpose built ones you engineer yourself. The worms from Futurama are rather helpful as well.
>>
>>48150704
How are the crew of a ship parasites rather than vital organs??!
>>
>>48150704
Pretty sure fairies are just the 'crew' of the ship. I'm not sure that a vital part of something qualifies as a parasite?
>>
>>48148050
d out of 10

but seriously it is all around better, as in the stuff you make has no need for lame things like physics and comprehensible biology.
>>
File: spooky rusky.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
spooky rusky.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>48150665
>not going Ship, but staying male
>not being glorious Линeйный кopaбль Фpyнзe
>not having many дoмoвóй working tirelessly to maintain your systems in the name of the Motherland

Плeбeйcкoй.
>>
>>48150428
Remember that the T2 memories you buy, or make from T1's using Clear Memory, don't have the addictive downsides, which makes it a little bit safer. Absorbing multiple memories still seems incredibly dangerous though.

>>48150577
Are the memories you get from Unlimited Colors T1 or T2?
>>
>>48150704
I'm enjoying not being a shipgirl in the first place, and see the above for how to deal with it on my girls.

Also note that at no point did I say it was a bad idea. Parasites are generally a bad time.

The fairies seem to be more of a symbiotic relationship. The ship provides shelter and sustenance, the fairies keep the ship spick and span. Both parties benefit, where with parasites, one of them is actually hurt by the other.
>>
>>48150743
GET OUT OF HERE, SKELENINTON.
>>
>>48150590
No, sorry. Been pretty busy with some stuff lately.

Probably won't be too much longer once I decide one some things, but I'm about to be gone for a couple weeks and probably won't have very reliable internet.
>>
Should I stack the various Alpha Psyker options into a specific specialisations to become a monstrous god of one area, or spread them out to be a jack of all trades?
>>
File: 1367066955357.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1367066955357.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>48150733
Lies.

>>48150735
>>48150739
>>48150769
They're not organs. They're a worthless infestation that drives planes. I don't want them on me. I don't want them in me. I don't want them on or in my friends. They need to die.
>>
>>48150814
That gid looks cool. Whats it from?
>>
>>48150828
>gid
>>
>>48150814
Humans are a parasite upon the planet.
>>
>>48150814
Can't say I agree with you, but that picture is dank. Source?
>>
>>48150814
>worthless infestation

That is not how you spell "exalted workers," Дpyгa.
>>
>>48150814
Alrighty then. Have fun.

Unrelated, for Light of Terra, does taking the Hooligan as your companion get you addicted to morphine? It implies it, but I'd like to make sure.
>>
>>48150814
>drives

That's pilot planes and You need them to do Ship stuff,nice skeleton Though
>>
>>48150859
Yes she accidentally gives you a morphine addiction.
>>
>>48150608
Eh, I guess. I'm personally tired of people seeing Worm powers as the be-all end-all of op shit, to the point that any jump that offers powers on par with worm for a similar price like X-men is seen as a power grab. Especially since powers are so central to worm as to be offered for free, but having to choose them costs 400 cp? Seems pretty nonsensical. But whatever, it's you're jump, I'll just fanwank that I can choose them for free anyways.
>>
>>48150809
Go general, specializing won' t have any major benifit since you can apply your full might to each one you have, they are skills with the power you have not individual seperate powers.
>>
>>48150809
Specialize. There are plenty of other perks that already give you general power. It's also more thematic in universe as most psykers have a natural specialization.
>>
>>48150828
>>48150848
Can't say I remember. That file is pretty old.
>>
>>48150828
>>48150848
The devil is a part-timer.
>>
>>48150843
By that logic, so is all life, Aнoнимный.

The roots of the trees break the poor planet's skin, the worms and moles constantly burrow into its flesh, the fish leave their waste in its bloodstream.
>>
>>48150885
at least it's not cocaine this time.

which is good, since she seems to be the least annoying of the FORCED companions in this one.
>>
>>48150156
Hey, this might be a lot of extra work, so not sure if it's fair to ask this, but... if it's not too much, mind adding in stuff that makes more explicit what happens after the jump when your manton effect is removed? Do biosculpter and browbeat's biokinesis become equivalent to each other post jump, for example?
>>
>>48150397

The exact wording of the perk is "Whether your faith is in God, Lucifer, the Dragon or something more abstract..."

So yes. You are allowed to go with something more abstract.
>>
>>48148556
It took me quite a while, since I made a vague half-hearted effort at doing low-powered jumps before higher-powered ones.
But I got better. I think.

>>48147880
Anything that comes at me with killing intent is fair game.
>>
>>48150926
How is a morphine addiction not as bad as cocaine?
Also that addiction mainly because she lacks real medical knowledge I believe.
>>
>>48147880
I always offer one chance to surrender before a battle. No matter what. and of course no targeting family, children, or priests/priestesses
>>
So will you guys try and prevent the death of War Machine in the Marvel jump?
>>
>>48150906
Is that the one where Satan works at McDonald's?
>>
>>48150890
I get where you're coming from anon, believe me I'm tired of the powers being the only thing I hear about on top of the Endbringers and whatnot, especially considering that the capabilities of tons of perks and such in other settings are just as good if not a lot better than the powers on offer here. It kind of boggles me and I'm honestly not sure if there's anything I can do to help that or not, because I don't really get what happened in the first place.

>>48150928
No worries anon, believe me that's one of my goals for the update in cleaning things up. I think just stating a blanket removal and whatnot at the end and leaving it up in the air only caused more confusion, so I'm hoping to have each power specify how it grows and improves, and any changes that occur post jump.

Thread talk has really made me aware of how much my vagueness has made things harder than it should be.
>>
>>48150988
It's MgRonald's.

But yes.
>>
>>48150890
>I'm personally tired of people seeing Worm powers as the be-all end-all of op shit

Blame thread for that.
>>
>>48150926
Necron that do exactly what you want, don't talk back and don't cause problems are more annoying than someone who impales you and gets you hooked on a drug just in time to run out of said drug?
>>
File: jc.png (30 KB, 353x384) Image search: [Google]
jc.png
30 KB, 353x384
>>48150814
Might I suggest Parasite Immunity from Invader Zim for your parasitic purging needs?
There's also a perk in Bloodborne that upgrades your white blood cells, and disease immunity perks in Harry Potter and Fable. Probably some others.

Actually, does anyone else know of some good perks for fighting off unwanted passengers?
>>
>>48150916
Exactly an exterminatus might hurt the earth but she will recover and be free from organic parasites.
>>
>>48150890
Is X-Men seen that way? I personally think it's balanced really well.

Even in contrast with Worm, the 400 CP powers are about equal to the bulk of the Worm powers and you can get one for free. The 600 CP ones are comparable to the best Worm powers. And the 800 CP powers pretty much outclass Worm powers altogether.

At least in terms of raw power. Lots of Worm powers have more versatile or esoteric effects.
>>
>>48151013
>blame the consumers of the product, not the maker of the product
>>
>>48150989
I cared more about the perks really. The power I got was neat but it doesn't fit into my theme so I don't lean on it too much.
>>
>>48150989
honestly outside setting i very rarely used my worm power as anything other that yet another buff to whatever weapon i am currently wielding, but my most used thing from the jump spanner in the works doesnt lend well to cool stories as its fairly passive. and parahuman feudalism while incredibly useful is something that passively affects my jumpers narrative rather than than something i use actively frequently. the stuff is all good and we take it and enjoy it it just doesn't lend well to the massive amounts of wanking we see on the board.
>>
>>48151060
>I personally think it's balanced really well.

The options are balanced okay but everyone ends up with two powers that the most powerful people in the setting would only have one of. Some of it is more similar to comic power levels than movie ones as well.
>>
I think the problem is that I didn't do enough to balance the rest of the jump against the powers.
>>
>>48151097
Yeah, Worm perks are great. The shards give you the power to survive that world. The perks give you the power to fix it. So much more worth the price of admission.
>>
File: 1373682309062.jpg (634 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1373682309062.jpg
634 KB, 780x780
>>48150989
>I'm hoping to have each power specify how it grows and improves, and any changes that occur post jump.
Oh god this is going to be a disaster.
>>
>>48150608
Perhaps instead of going for 100 for full choice just bring down the choose within a rolled category option to 100. It's significantly less valuable than selecting the category, and that way jumpers and companions pay the same amount to choose. Also means that if people really don't want a particular power they can swap to one of the others in category for cheap.
>>
>>48150989
Vagueness just required a bit more work and creativity (and rules lawyering and munchkining (and shitposting and... (we need to go deeper (are we Lisping yet?))))

<evil mode>Hey Wormanon... I just had a thought. Based on what you've said in the past, you're going to be adding on something like 40+ new powers, right? 40 whole new powers for you to field questions about... :)</evil mode>
>>
>>48151031
You sure that'll help with stuff given to you by backgrounds? It's a nice thing to have anyway, of course.
>>
>>48151112
>Some of it is more similar to comic power levels than movie ones as well.
Try taking a canon Omega power and then fight the comic version in their prime. I guarantee you'll get fucked six ways to Sunday.

Xavier can pierce Galactus' shields and enslave countries, Magneto can open Wormholes, casually lift mountains, rearrange metal on the molecular level, rearrange the entirety of the earth's magnetic field, and recall moon-sized meteors from deep space while.on earth. The less said about the various Grey family psychics, the better.
>>
>>48151113
Meant to quote >>48151060
>>
>>48151167
>Magneto can open Wormholes

??? Just from his power alone? Not using his power in combo with some clever machinery he built or something?
>>
>>48150989
If it makes you feel better, I only really look at the Drop-In stuff (and rarely talk about it due to their subdued nature) since my playstyle (no empire building, no high flying heroism/villainy, just a dude having fun at the Multiverse's expense) barely benefits from the other lines at all. And, well. I just can't afford stuff from the other backgrounds since getting my line already puts me at 0 CP.
>>
>>48151196
Just his powers and nothing else, it is complete bullshit.
>>
>>48151102
I suppose that's true, guess I'm just at fault for the usual mistake of focusing on what bugs me instead of thinking more clearly.

Stuff like >>48151097 and >>48151133
I just don't hear much about, but thank you all for speaking up. Makes me feel like I did less of a shitty job.

Even if I still feel like I fucked up bad on that jump, and I can't really zero down to why.

>>48151136
As possible as that is, Queen Administrator and a few others have notes on how they improve, so I think it's possible. Granted who knows if I'll go through with it, I'm still going back and forth on whats a good idea, whats bad, etc.

>>48151140
Still not entirely sure anon it just seems really really cheap for what you're paying for. And every point you save on powers you get to spend on perks which are also really great. It feels like it's bypassing the opportunity cost so people could have their cake and eat it too, going against part of why the jump is structured the way it is.

>>48151150
I just want you to know, I died on the inside. Thanks anon. I'm going to go cry now.

>>48151207
That it does anon, thank you.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.