[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Congratulations! You have just been told by Games Workshop that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1462515077421.png (256 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1462515077421.png
256 KB, 500x281
Congratulations! You have just been told by Games Workshop that you have to design a new chaos god for warhammer and warhammer 40k. What kind of god will it be, and what emotion will they be born from?
>>
>>48144309

Malal.

Self-conflict.
>>
>>48144357
Thread over, lets go home boys
>>
>>48144309
Melal.

Fear, self-loathing, autodestructing anarchy; primarly bone on black or dark grey patterns; broken skulls and a 3pointed chaos star as a symbol to represent the depth of a perpendicular and intersecting force bringing disharmony.

Daemons have numerous insectoid and skeletal looking parts.
>>
File: 8dqNPD17MF8.jpg (50 KB, 603x454) Image search: [Google]
8dqNPD17MF8.jpg
50 KB, 603x454
>>48144357
And here's their spesh mehrene chapter.
>>
>>48144309
I dunno, I think making The Emperor derive power from worshiping the Emperor might be an interesting thing to throw in and screw even more stuff up.
>>
>>48147171
At first I thought the skull on his chest was the actual head
>>
>>48144309
But Warhammer Fantasy is kill
>>
>>48144309
Born from Deja-vu.
Will be good for retconning stuff
>>
>>48144309
It's formless, doesn't have a name and is born of apathy. I don't care about this thread enough to write anymore.
>>
Settra god of spite
>>
God of Art/Creativity

He's been dormant ever since the crusades. Kept alive by beautiful art but crushed by the lack of originality. No, he's not a criticism of GW why would you think that?
>>
File: yournewgod.jpg (49 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
yournewgod.jpg
49 KB, 500x343
born from terra
he will destroy the empire from within and conquer the other chaos gods with meme-demons
>>
So there's rage, scheming, lust, pestilence.

Envy, I guess? I would have said pride, but that seems like it would fall under Slaanesh as well.

Oh! Fear could be a good one.
>>
Gozer, the chaos god of Architecture
>>
File: 1412690984114.jpg (123 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1412690984114.jpg
123 KB, 800x800
>>48144309
Though they've drifted away slightly, especially considering it began JUST in fantasy, the 4 gods closely mirrored the darker sides of the 4 humors

Slaanesh: Sanguine

Nurgle: Melancholic

Khorne: Coleric

Tzeench: Phlegm

Since, I believe, they wrote out Slaanesh, there are a number of ways you could write a different dark reflection of the Sanguine humor.

Perhaps a Cheerful Loki-like trickster god, who's just as scheming as Tzeench, and just as Battle-Thirsty as Khorne, but short sighted, and never fighting or plotting for anything more than making his brothers and humanity look foolish (not that manhy don't die in the process.) Think half-way between pre-boob-monster Slaanesh and the Laughing god. Sort of Coyote-esque, or a darker version of Joseph Joestar.
>>
>>48144309
A god of fear and born of fear, from the slow gnawing fear of an Imperial official surrounded by ambitious and unscrupulous underlings to the OH GOD WHY GET IT AWAY FROM ME of anyone meeting a hardcore Slaaneshi cultist, from the immediate primal fear of facing down an Ork charge to the slow-burn existential dread of an Inquisitor as he puts down another madman who was once a colleague. When someone cries out to the universe, "oh god someone please rescue me," there is a chance that he will answer.
The strength to turn on an oppressor, the power to blend into any crowd, the ability to smell when people are plotting against you; his blessings are uncommon but powerful, and his daemons are secretive and whisper in the ears of men in high places, of paranoia and plots and how you have to get them before they get you. Fear of cultists plotting in the shadows is fruitful, as is fear of the secret police; the Imperium is an excellent hunting ground, often even more so than for the other gods.
However, you will see no warbands; no servants of this god have ever invaded a planet. He is, down to the bone, reactive; responds to threats, but does not threaten. Because the god of fear is a coward, and the largest concentrations of his followers cluster in unexplored space, neurotically dreading the day someone will intrude on the pocket of tranquility they have managed to carve out for themselves.
He has but a single commandment, for himself as much as for his followers: survive.
>>
Mellon,
The god of joy, happiness, friendship and comraderie, and upholding traditions.
>>
>>48157238
Maybe just a God of laws, regulations, rites and rituals, and upholding traditions. A god of lawfullness, scrap the happy part. A chaos god of law
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.