[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13
Who is the real Plague? Edition

>Looking foward for the New Standard?

>Playing?

>Building?
>>
File: ByeUlamog.gif (439 KB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
ByeUlamog.gif
439 KB, 400x292
Yeah, burn may be viable.

>Playing?
UG Clues.

>Building
Burn!

4x Alms of the Vein
4x Incendiary Flow
4x Tormenting Voice
4x Fiery Temper
4x Avacyn's Judgment
4x Kolaghan's Command

4x Lightning Berserker
4x Insolent Neonate
3x Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
4x Caos Reveler

20lands
4x Foreboding Ruins
4x Smoldering Marsh
7x Mountain
5x Swamp

Sideboard
Radiant Flames x4
Languish x2
Self-Inflicted Wound x3
Virulent Plague x4
Duress x2
>>
yeah, i've only been playing since SOI so it will be cool to have a fuller knowledge and perspective on the format
>Playing?
waiting for EMN to build my first deck
>Building?
br vamps
>>
File: gnarlwooddryad.jpg (50 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
gnarlwooddryad.jpg
50 KB, 265x370
I didn't play during BFZ block, guess I'll start playing again in Eldritch Moon

>Playing?
I got the BFZ Event Deck as a gift.

>Building?
B/G Delirium looks interesting, especially those creatures that becomes bigger when delirium is activated. But I guess all the cool kids play Bant CoCo or G/W Tokens.
>>
Building the most useless mono-blue deck ever that is literally 24 counterspells, 24 lands, 8 enchantments, and 4 blockers.
>>
>>48144904
>cool kids
eh
it's boring having standard so locked down
>>
>>48143888
>Who is the real Plague? Edition
White men, of course, according to the media and your college professor.
>>
I'm headed to my LGS tonight for Modern but I wanna build a casual RB Vampire deck. What relevent Vampires/good stuffs should I pick up before they spike in price?
>>
>>48148468
The red piker that gives everything madness is good if that's where you wanna go with it
>>
Not really, meta is stale and revolves on "who topdecks coco first" Reluctance to print viable non-parasitic cards is wearing the format thin for me.

>Playing?
R/U Prowess/tempo, featuring flip chandra and fevered visions! Deck actually competes with bant since by the time they coco, you can dump your hand onto the board and have lethal. Gets blown the fuck out against ramp though.

>Building?
Hatebears, new Thalia, vryn wingmare, Odric, and angel of tithes are the creature base, still debating whether I go red for doublestrike trample, or blue for reflector mage.
>>
I saw spell queller and I wept tears of joy. u/w tempo is alive and strong like tupac
the only things that can stop me now are world breakers, noose constrictors, and maybe ishkanah
oh and also drawing the wrong half of my deck but thats tempo, baby
>>
>looking forward to the new Standard?
Spell Queller, Incindiery Flow, United Resistance. Yes I am.

>playing?
A homebrew of Grixis Control. the most novel change is a playset of Sin Prodder and the trio of Chandra, Flamecaller; Ob Nixilis Reignited; and Jace, Unraveler of Secrets.

>building
Been working on an Izzet Prowess deck. It's playable right now, killing as early as turn 4 with evasive creatures, but the deck is kinda low on big impact cards. Hoping for some fun toys in EMN. Chaos Reveler looks amazing, but is a bit slow for a deck as aggro as mine.
>>
Ok, posted this in a couple other places on the board, but now that I've spotted a standard threat I'll drop it in here.

I've been out of magic for about a decade, and was thinking about fiddling around with a cheap deck for a little bit. I used to play UB mill, so I tried to do that again. I've got no awareness of meta, and I can't even really say I remember all the ins and outs of building a deck, so this is most likely super terrible.

//Creature (16)
4 Carrier Thrall
4 Faerie Miscreant
4 Manic Scribe
4 Palace Familiar

//Enchantment (15)
3 Call the Bloodline
4 Fleeting Memories
4 Sphinx's Tutelage
4 Vampiric Rites

//Instant (10)
2 Altar's Reap
4 Grasp of Darkness
4 Negate

//Land (19)
6 Island
4 Submerged Boneyard
4 Sunken Hollow
5 Swamp

Basic idea is to use Vampric Rites and Call the Bloodline to draw at least two extra cards a turn, in addition to the other card draw the deck has.
>>
>>48148947
standard mill is optimally ru with tutelage and fevered visions. red offers a lot of draw options that really let you go off and completely mill someone out in a single critical turn
>>
File: 115596_200w[1].jpg (26 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
115596_200w[1].jpg
26 KB, 200x285
Friendly reminder to grab your rattlechains now, they're drying up and will soon be more expensive once they become the newest hottest tempo deck in the format
>>
>>48143888
>Looking foward to the new standard?

Oh yeah GW tokens for another 3-4 months fucking beautiful

>Playing
Jund werewolves

>Building
Nothing
>>
File: 1467347306375.gif (3 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1467347306375.gif
3 MB, 360x360
>>48149100
I only have nonfoils of it, it won't be worth shit.
>>
File: harmless.jpg (64 KB, 447x311) Image search: [Google]
harmless.jpg
64 KB, 447x311
Who's ready for a fresh wave of meme decks
>>
>>48149468
what do you do if you get to the last turn of your pact and a nigga spell quells or void shatters your offering? play grixis for countermagic and bounce?
>>
>>48149468
Zada/Mirrorwing Dragon with Clues featuring Wolfs? Call me in
>>
>Building?
I want to built Izzet Devils but I still can't think of an actual wincon

4x Gibbering Fiend
4x Sin Prodder
2x Chaos Reveler
and then just cram in as much Burn and draw/control in as possible, suicide style Madness+Delirium
>>
in spirits tribal do you play spell queller alongside spell shrivel or instead of?
>>
Asked in a previous thread, but it 404'd so I'll ask here.

Anyone have any ideas for bant spirits with the Permeating mass, and Spell Queller in standard ? Please without collected company.

I'm trying to think it up, and really want it to work, but trying to think how to make it work.
>>
>>48150378
going bant for eating ass isn't worth it, family. spirits want to tempo out, period. permeating mass functions only as a psuedo-deathtouch 1/3 for 1. this is a pretty good statline for a 1-drop, but it has a very hard time contributing to the game plan.
you will never ever want a permeating mass over declaration in stone or stasis snare/silkwrap if youre a poorfag if youre on defense anyway, and you'll never want it over a rattle chains or a selfless spirit if youre swinging in.
>>
>>48150473
I suppose you're right. I just wanted to believe. Do you think Niblis of frost would work at all though? In my current spirit deck, I don't have a ton of instants/socceries. But its ability to keep enemies tapped seems appealing.

I'll be honest, I'm somewhat new to magic, so any opinions you give me I do genuinely appreciate.
>>
>>48150552
niblis is too expensive to work. for now, my surrogate spirits have been dimensional infiltrator and thunderclap wyvern.

the thing the deck has been lacking the most is on-curve threats so hopefully we get a decent u/w uncommon spirit to fill us out alongside selfless spirit.
>>
>>48148468
i've been building this
heir of falkenrath is a good 1 drop but i prefer insolent neonate for madness outlet
tightest combo is heir of falkenrath flip into incorrigible youths
top curve off with olivia or drana
throw in asylum visitors for playing out hand
lightning axe, fiery temper, stensia masquerade
>>
File: 1438223759373.jpg (59 KB, 600x272) Image search: [Google]
1438223759373.jpg
59 KB, 600x272
>>48149636
Chaos warp and pray...
>>
>>48149048
I guess I'd feel most comfortable playing in the same colors I used too, if it's all the same.

Or are you saying the deck won't work?
>>
>>48143888
>>Looking foward for the New Standard?
I normally hate standard but this is actually a good iteration of it.
>>Playing?
Nothing because Im banned. Playing modern on cockatrice
>>Building?
GB delirium for when EM releases
>>
>>48150726
How did you get banned?
>>
Is Eldrazi ramp cheap? My friends rage quit when I get shit going or It That Betrays or Desolation Twin pops up.
>>
Playing red white Nahiri madness. Going for broke
>>
File: spellqueller.jpg (43 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
spellqueller.jpg
43 KB, 265x370
>Looking forward to next standard?
Shit yes I am
>Playing
UW Flyers
//Creature (20)
4 Bygone Bishop
4 Dimensional Infiltrator
4 Rattlechains
4 Reflector Mage
4 Thraben Inspector

//Enchantment (6)
4 Stasis Snare
2 Thopter Spy Network

//Instant (10)
2 Clash of Wills
3 Negate
4 Ojutai's Command
2 Void Shatter

//Land (24)
2 Foundry of the Consuls
7 Island
7 Plains
4 Port Town
4 Prairie Stream
>Building
Waiting for new standard to cut the non-spirits for selfless spirit and Spell Queller
>>
Yeah but I don't think it will change much until Kaladesh
>Playing?
Nothing. No money to drive and play magic, I also have no deck
>Building
RW Equipment allies because I have a bunch of parts for it. I don't think it will perform particularly well though, it doesn't have any real form of acceleration unless my dudes die from having equipment and a Outfitter on the field and the equipment in the deck is sort of weak right now. Captain's claws is good and bonesaw is good because it can act as an engine with Outfitters or an anthem with Trainers but the rest of the equipment out in standard is kind of poopoo.
>>
>>48150806
this is what i think i am going to build
>>
>>48149468
I wanna run Harmless Offering with Priest of the Bloodrite. Not as clean as Demonic Pact, but that can also be thrown in the deck as well.
>>
>>48150883
stoneforge masterwork is probably the best equipment in standard right now, and it's not even that amazing.
>>
>Looking forward?
Yeah! Two other friends and I are going to split a booster box and see what we can make.
>Playing
Nothing competetive relevant. (ex)budget R/G werewolves. Made it non-budget by adding two Arlinn Kord, a coco, and 4 Game trail. Too bad my game group is so casual this deck has gone undefeated.
>Building.
Nothing competetive relevant. Depends on what I get in my 12 boosters.
>>
>>48150586
Do you think pump spells are useful at all in spirit decks, since they don't have any large threats? Something maybe like Ethereal Guidance?
>>
>>48150714
the easiest way to kill people with tutelage is to draw many cards. alternatively it is a decent win condition for a hard control deck assuming your opponent cannot interact with it, which is often not the case in this gw dominated standard since dromoka's command is often a 4x maindeck.
>>
>>48151158
the closest to a pump spell i would run is 1-2 invocation of st traft as a surprise poor-man's exquisite firecraft. spirits want to play mainly on the opponent's end step with instant speed spells and because the token generators available are not conducent to this, team pumps will often not be very valuable.
>>
4 Swamp
3 Mountain
3 Forest

4 Foreboding Ruins
3 Cinder Glade
3 Game Trail
3 Hissing Quagmire
1 Hanweir Battlements

4 Eldritch Evolution
3 Collective Brutality
4 Incendiary Flow
2 Nahiri's Wrath
2 Collective Defiance

4 Sylvan Advocate
4 Sin Prodder
4 Goblin Dark-Dwellers
3 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
1 Surrak, the Hunt Caller
1 Voldaren Duelist
1 The Gitrog Monster
1 Assembled Alphas
1 Greenwarden of Murasa
1 Ulrich of the Krallenhorde

SB: 4 Transgress the Mind
SB: 4 Radiant Flames
SB: 4 Lambholt Pacifist
SB: 3 Virulent Plague

Anyone got any ideas? Really just spitballing here, but I feel like jund evo has potential.
>>
>>48151401
Do you have an example of your spirit deck, just so I can see a good example?
>>
>>48151579
http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=12626&d=273039&f=ST
i use thunderclap wyvern instead of gideon
>>
>>48152020
Thank you, this is helpful. It's similar to what I currently have. Just a more budget version. I think overall what I'm learning is, I need more spell counters.

I still want to deviate from this, but this is at least helpful.
>>
File: grimflayer.jpg (51 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
grimflayer.jpg
51 KB, 265x370
>>48150745
Refusing to give Wizards the personal information of some people from /tg/

Would anyone like to offer their thoughts on my GB delerium? Accounting for Khans to rotate out, im only using MO, BFZ and SOI blocks. Is there some website like tappedout that accounts for spoiled cards?

--Creatures

4 Gnarlwood Dryad

4 Grim Flayer
4 Sylvan Advocate

4 Mournwillow or 4 Inexorable Blob
2 Liliana, Heretical Healer

3 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet

--Instants/Sorc--
2 Collective Brutality
2 Languish
4 Ultimate Price
3 Ruinous Path

--Enchantments--
2 Dead Weight

--Planeswalker--
2 Ob Nixilis Reignited

--Lands--
2 Hissing Quagmire
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Evolving Wilds
3 Geier Reach Sanitarium
3 Forest
8 Swamp

--Sideboard--
2 Gaea's Revenge
2 Transgress the Mind
11 ???
>>
>>48152502
>Refusing to give Wizards the personal information of some people from /tg/
details?
>>
>>48152133
just some advice from my testing,
-always watching never felt good when i played it in place of gideon
-i've never tested with gideon but flashing in wyvern has always been amazing for me
-essence fluxing reflector mage is one of standard's greatest pleasures
-never play less than 4 clash 4 spell shrivel
-sideboard sphinx of the final word is a+ good shit against blue control decks

i really love this deck and im happy to introduce more people to it. it lacks the racing power of ur tempo variants but its a little better against company decks because of reflector mage
>>
>>48152020
what would be a good option that isn't going to rotate out? also stratus dancer
>>
>>48152578
You didn't like always watching? That genuinely surprises me. I suppose I could take it out then, but not sure for what. I don't own Gideon. And the new Spell Queller, do you think he'll fit into the deck well?
>>
>>48152897
depending on what support spirits get spell queller will probably make the deck able to just go full spirits. regardless, that thing is going right the fuck in
>>48152799
the wyverns arent gone until the kaladesh set comes which is in like october i think? if you really dont want to use origins cards, always watching will suffice although if anyone plays dromoka's command you will get hurt deeply and in a way that will probably turn you off of the card forever. as for stratus dancer, that can be replaced easily with spell queller although while theyre both in standard i'd like to try to fit them in together
>>
>>48152994
yeah, i am just getting into magic (playing about two months) and dont want to make investments that will rotate out that soon
>>
>>48153022
Play modern or legacy
>>
>>48153104
thanks for the advice, will do!
>>
>>48143888
>Looking forward for the New Standard?
yes, but I wish red would get some more love

>Playing?
R/W madness right now
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-07-16-yiV-nahiri-madness/

>Building
Nothing right now, just that deck I posted
>>
>>48153104
How much harder, or expensive is modern to get into? I think once spirits rotate out of standard, I would want to go into modern.
>>
File: General_Tazri.jpg (325 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
General_Tazri.jpg
325 KB, 750x450
>>48150883
It does perform well if you build it carefully.
Captain's Claws is really eveything you need. Bone Saw and Stoneforge are mostly there just to have an equipment on the field.
I'll list what I've learned from RW Equipment Allies so far.

Tier 0: Deck can't exist without
Stone Haven Outfitter
Weapons Trainer

Tier 1: Winning the Game
Reckless Bushwacker
Munda, Ambush Leader
Needle Spires
Captain's Claws

Tier 2: Advantage
-Kor Bladewhirl
-Kytheon, Hero of Akros
-Strenght of Arms
-Make a Stand
-Gideon, Ally of Zendikar

Tier 3: Glue cards
-Bone Saw
-Stoneforge Masterwork
-Expedition Envoy
-Declaration in Stone
-Stasis Snare

Tier 4: Memes
-Stoneforge Acolyte
-Relic Seeker
-Resolute Blademaster
-Hero of Goma Fada
(Acoltye too slow, Relic Seeker usually faces a Sylvan Advocate on it's attacking turn and dosen't provide First Strike like Kor Bladewhirl to trade with advantage when equiped, Resolute and Goma Fada are too Heavy)
-Sideboard
-Lantern Scout
-Firemantle Mage
-Hedron Blade
>>
4 cryptbreaker
4 relentless dead
3 rancid rats
4 fleshbag marauder
3 nantuko husk
3 liliana, heretical healer
3 gisa and geralf
2 haunted dead
1 risen executioner
4 compelling deterrence
4 dark salvation
2 cemetary recruitment
4 choked estuary
4 sunken hollow
3 island
12 swamp

This is my current build of Zombies. There are a tooooooooonnnnnnnn of ways to build zombies yet there are a severe lack of 2 mana creatures. I decided to focus this deck on the Fleshbag/Relentless Dead/Husk engine which I know from testing is really powerful. I don't think you can run this engine in the same deck as Diregraf Colossus because there are so many 3's. Yes Rancid Rats isn't a very powerful card, but I needed a 2 mana zombie and deathtouch is good in the Sylvan Advocate/Tireless Tracker meta.

Other ways to build Zombos include madness using Collective Brutality, Diregraf Colossus focus, or even a Sidisi Undead Vizier toolbox.
>>
4 take inventory
4 hedron crawler
4 matter reshaper
3 kozilek's return
4 clash of wills
3 incendiary flow
3 fortune's favor
2 detective jace
3 chandra flamecaller
3 elder deep fiend
2 emrakul
4 evolving wilds
4 wandering fumerole
4 shivan reef
4 mage ring network
2 sanctum of ugin
1 waste
2 mountain
4 island

This is the Octopus/Emrakul deck I'm working on. I'm hoping the front side of K Return gets better in the metagame with the new set.
>>
4 rattlechains
4 selfless soul
2 anafenza, kin tree spirit
4 quell speller
4 reflector mage
3 bygone bishop
1 spectral shepherd
2 nibilis of frost
2 ojutai's command
4 unsubstantiate
4 declaration in stone
3 essence flux
3 evolving wilds
4 port town
4 prairie stream
1 blighted steppe
6 plains
5 island

I had to cut Topplegeist which I don't like because he's amazing when you have delirium. I also didn't have room for Always Watching.
>>
>>48153383
Higher initial investment, lower long term investment
Fuck speculators though. Best way to get into the format is to get a solid budget deck then sell the packs that you win for money to buy more singles.
>>
>>48150806
what would you board in against weenies?
>>
>>48154029
>>48150806
or boarding plans in general
>>
>>48154029
archangel of tithes and 2 silkwraps. I main 3 declarations and 3 stasis snares btw.
>>
>>48150378
Nigga you want to be bant for tamiyo, not that shitty 1/3. I think a bant spirits deck with tamiyo, always watching, and ojutai would ne gas. You have rattlechains, bygone bishop, the new spell exile guy, and the one that bounces your spirits. Throw in eldrazi displacer and reflector mage for good measure.
>>
>>48151077
I feel like Masterwork is pretty mediocre

>>48153440
Thanks for the advice. Kind of wish there was an artifact bouncer in standard right now so you could bounce bonesaws to abuse Bushwhacker

Haven't really tested Munda, how's he work out?

Tazri any good at all either? I have a single copy of her and she might be fun to use as a tutor if not expensive to cast. Wish she had vigilance.
>>
Meh. G/w tokens is lame, thank bolas for languish
>>Playing?
Mono black kill shit control
>>Building?
G/B delirium midrange feat. Gitrog monster
>>
File: mausoleumwanderer.jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
mausoleumwanderer.jpg
39 KB, 265x370
Mausoleum Wanderer
U
Creature - Spirit
Flying

Whenever a Spirit enters the battlefield under your control, Mausoleum Wanderer gets +1/+1 until the end of turn.

Sacrifice Mausoleum Wanderer: Counter target instant or sorcery spell unless its controller pays X, where X is Mausoleum Wanderer's power.

u/w spirits confirmed
>>
>>48155701
> I main 3 declarations and 3 stasis snares btw.
what else do you take out, then?
>>
>>48157573
Tazri is waaay too heavy, if you want, you can sideboard Hero of Goma Fada against Coco, because it's board presense will be imense and they usually don't pack removal, if you pair it up with Lantern Scout you can full swing every turn.

Munda is amazing, it lands after Gideon, against GW tokens, forcing him to chump. lands after Languish, making you opponent unable to rest, forces Chandra to sac itself to clear the field. Haste is the key here, draw selection is a nice bonus.
>>
>>48159203
Holly...
>>
>>48159249
I take out Ojutai's command and/or Ojutai depending on the version I'm facing. My list is this one. This is my list, after some tweeks been constantly hitting top2 in FNM. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-03-16-vXO-uw-tempo/
>>
I'm looking forward to failing with UR Control

== Mainboard ==
1x Fevered Visions
4x Curious Homunculus // Voracious Reader
3x Anticipate
4x Unsubstantiate
3x Void Shatter
3x Negate
1x Jace, Unraveller of Secrets
2x Chaos Reveler
3x Fiery Temper
3x Lightning Axe
1x Nahiri’s Wrath
1x Chandra, Flamecaller
3x Tormenting Voice
4x Shivan Reef
4x Wandering Fumarole
2x Highland Lake
4x Evolving Wilds
9x Island
5x Mountain

==Sideboard==
2x Fevered Visions
3x Roast
3x Rending Volley
2x Dispel
1x Sphinx of the Final Word
2x Nahiri’s Wrath
2x Summary Dismissal
>>
>>48159961
cool, i'm going to try to do this on budget
>>
After straving my interest ihn this game with two break, whish obliviously didn´t stick, I bougth an shadow over innistrad display and since I somehow managed to get nahiri and arlinn I´m interested to build an r/w deck centered around artifacts, even though I never liked them or an wolf tribal just for kicks.

Should I stop there or are any of those two viable?
>>
>>48161853
Just take it with a grain of salt. This list has been consistently getting me 1st-2nd place in FNM events. But its tailored against the local meta which involves weird control builds, Wx humans and GW tokens.
>>
>>48161931
i've actually never played standard before, i'm building my first deck now and hoping to do FNM in like two weeks.
the local meta looks like bant humans and gw tokens
>>
>>48161982
Board in those counters then.
>>
File: sigardasblessing.jpg (42 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
sigardasblessing.jpg
42 KB, 265x370
>>48153440
Where would this guy fall on that list? Seems like an auto include but 4 of might be too heavy seeing how it can be a bad topdeck

>Enchantment
>You may cast Aura and Equipment spells as though they had flash.

>Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach it to target creature you control
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.