[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic: The Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - No Lord Rules
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: image.jpg (847 KB, 2684x1580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
847 KB, 2684x1580
>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. Ignore chandere posts.

This week's Magic Story is "Campaign of Vengeance" by Ari Levitch.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/campaign-vengeance-2016-07-06
>>
>>48143680
>two Oldwalkers get into a pissing match: the story
>>
Man and I thought the fake summary of their fight was emasculating enough, Olivia gets to live and she rubs it in on Sorin as she takes his blade.
>>
>>48143779
So all the nostalgia wankers should love this plot.
>>
>>48143680
>Now, as she looked at him, standing a dozen or so paces away, he was much as she remembered him, though with none of the frailty from their previous meeting.

Okay, that's interesting. She noticed he was frailer than usual in their previous meeting?
>>
>>48143680
>"Never forget," Sorin hissed, "I spared you. The Helvault was a courtesy."
>"A courtesy," Nahiri repeated, her fingers twitching. She could rend him to pieces. "The horrors you locked me away with for so long—they became my world."
Was it rape?
>>
>>48143804
Not really. You'd be hard pressed to name any from classic magic. Urza and Mishra were regular wizards when they fought and blew up Dominaria.
>>
>>48143860
It's not rape if its a Kor.
>>
>>48143869
Has the same scale and feel though.
>>
>>48143840

She eventually noticed he was fighting weaker than normal, yes.
>>
>It wasn't the first time she'd seen him feed, but he'd never looked quite so monstrous as he did at that moment. And that's what he was, a monster.

Sorin was an Oldwalker and didn't need to feed, but he did so anyway just because he could? Nahiri's only ever known him as an Oldwalker, this is the first time they've met post-Helvault.

>By the time Nahiri was finished with her work, Sorin hung in air, gripped in Nahiri's magic. There was no planeswalking from this. The stone teeth that held him chewed at his insides, keeping him in a perpetual anguish that would sap the focus he would need to leave this place.

So that's why he can't just planeswalk out, he's trapped in unending agony and incapable of focusing enough to do it. He could, in theory, be freed by somebody else.
>>
>>48143944
Depends what they do with Innistrad. The Brother's War was the first storyline in magic, they weren't wrecking an established world. This set the stage for the very strong flavor Dark-FE-Ice Age story.

Ideally, Innistrad is saved but there remains some tentacled horrors lurking that weren't there before.
>>
>>48143968
>sorin fed because he could?
I don't buy that. There are a whole bunch of Sorin cards where the flavor text of his basically says "feeding for decadence is fucking stupid."
>>
>>48144007
The ending was leaked.

Tamiyo and Liliana, plus Nahiri, seal Emrakul in the Moon, which works like a giant Helvault. Innistrad's still definitively fucked though.
>>
File: 1414504560763.jpg (67 KB, 634x900) Image search: [Google]
1414504560763.jpg
67 KB, 634x900
>mfw with Emracool defeated we can finally get back to Phyrexia
>>
>>48144022
he might've done it as force of habit at any particularly dicey situation, similarly to how he had to in their fight in this story. the very first time we saw nahiri and sorin chronologically they were at the tail end of failing to fight ulamog.
>>
>>48144022
The problem is that this story highlights that yes, this is the first time Nahiri and Sorin have come face to face since she went into the Helvault face first:

>"The last time Nahiri had seen Sorin, he had been the last thing she saw in the world before the solitude of the Helvault consumed her."

So it clearly can't be post-Mending that she's seen him feed, it has to be pre-Mending. Which means he had to be an Oldwalker when he was doing it.
>>
>>48144029
>plus nahiri
really, she comes back? with today's story i thought her redemption arc was gonna be long coming.
>>
File: 50.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>48144043
Phyrexia is beyond lame.

The only way it ever worked was as an ancient evil that was whispered about and who's relics could grant great power at a cost.

Then they decided to make them the big bads. Stupid looking robot aliens everywhere and comic book villains.

Not having enough of these clowns, Wizards then created the amazing world of Mirrodin just to ruin it and bring these fuckers back.
>>
>>48143803
Did we really expect anything else?
Girl power strikes again.
>>
>>48144065
>i thought her redemption arc was gonna be long coming.
And I thought that world ending, formless creatures would take longer than a month to defeat so I guess we're both disappointed
>>
>>48144065
Shit. Sorry, meant Nissa, my brain is sleep deprived.
>>
>>48144072
>The only way it ever worked was as an ancient evil that was whispered about and who's relics could grant great power at a cost.
I mean, Phyrexia controlled multiple planes under Yawgmoth. It's very possible we can still get a plane that was once under Phyrexian control with remnants of them still popping up every now and then.
>>
I'm looking forward for the story when Nahiri planeswalks back to Zendikar, sees that it's (relativley) fine, and goes "oh wow, I'm an asshole, aren't I?"

>>48144029
What about Sorin? Are they just leaving him here? Is he effectively dead? Is he too white and hetero for Magic's progressive future storylines?

>>48144059
>>48144060
Maybe he still had to feed as an oldwalker, or maybe feeding could get him an extra boost of power when he needed it.
>>
>>48144076
I have been disappointed in that since Rise if Kozilek was spoiled. I've been expecting Nahiri to have a way too fast heel-face turn, today's story just made me think they had discovered an inkling of pacing.
>>
>>48144091
Hi, my name's elspeth and that's my backstory. can I please stop being dead now?
>>
>>48144116
Elspeth's plane was still firmly under Phyrexian control. I'm talking about a former conquered plane that either managed to eject their conquerors or one that Phyrexia retreated from after the Invasion failed.
>>
File: 1414217645727.png (404 KB, 631x627) Image search: [Google]
1414217645727.png
404 KB, 631x627
>Magic: The Gathering Wednesday Flavor General

Are these threads still a thing? Haven't seen them since Emrakul started to rip Innistrad a new asshole a few weeks ago.

I though you guys ragequit after being feed up with the current lore or something.

>mfw at Sorin and Nahiri idiocy and people skills
>>
>>48144135
>Walkers
>Ever able to correctly read a situation
>>
>>48144125
>still firmly under Phyrexian control
despite yawgmoth explicitly throwing all phyrexian forces he could muster into his invasion and any remainder having thousands of years with no direction, making that either a retcon or huge plot hole.
>>
>>48144095
Oldwalkers don't eat, sleep, even shit unless they want to. Sorin could have made himself look like a tented pavilion if he felt like it, and suffered no downsides. There's actually one who did do that.
>>
>>48144065
Its Nissa, not Nahiri who helps.
>>
>>48144151
Elspeth wasn't born until almost 400 years AFTER the death of yawgmoth
>>
File: phyrexian.jpg (148 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian.jpg
148 KB, 640x468
>>48144151
Yawg and Old Phyrexia were long dead before Elspeth was even born and her plane was still controlled by Phyrexia.
>>
>>48144149
>>48144135
This whole arc reads to me as basically a criticism of premending walkers. Gideon and the Gatewatch minus Liliana now are uncommon because they actually give a shit about the planes they visit. Nahiri and Sorin don't besides their "home" planes. If they decide they don't like the way things are going, they can just leave. They have no ties to the place, why should they care about them? It's a statistic and a big multiverse.

Meanwhile, the newer walkers are more connected to the planes, more human and without as much of an attitude problem, and actually have reason to stick around and help when they show up.
>>
>>48144151
>>48144125
>>48144175
>>48144187
They're as Old Phyrexian as Canada or Australia are English. With Yawgmoth's death and the ending, all of the worlds that Phyrexia has conquered have been completely isolated, allowing the Phyrexians on those planes to develop in unique and different directions.

Elspeth's world was a fragment of a shattered empire, hundreds of years after the shattering.
>>
>>48144175
>>48144187
so is there a difinitive answer on whether that's a retcon on the general state of phyrexians, or a huge plot hole in elspeth's backstory? because according to the invasion novels such a plane shouldn't exist
>>
File: PW_Ugin_Header_Preloader.jpg (739 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
PW_Ugin_Header_Preloader.jpg
739 KB, 1920x1120
>>48143968
>He could, in theory, be freed by somebody else.
This nigga owes him enough to return the favor
>>
File: 49.jpg (82 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
82 KB, 312x445
Phyrexia got out of hand. The way it is portrayed in the Invasion block is ludicrous. It isn't spooky or creepy; its goofy as fuck.

Honestly, New Phyrexia is more in line with what Phyrexia was kind of hinted to be like. Alien or horrible. However, New Phyrexia ruined Mirrodin, so fuck them too.
>>
>>48144075
>Oh no a girl beat up a guy in a fictional story!
>>
So I guess the random anon who spoiled the story was half right?

Nahiri does end up sealing Sorin into stone but Olivia didn't die.

Also why the fuck does Sorin not mention that he sought out Ugin and found out that the dragon was dead (in the past khans timeline)?
>>
>>48143803
Eh, it's better than I thought. Sorin beat the shit out of her without even using any magic. She managed to trap him when he fed on her rather than just stabbing her.

It's going to be pretty great when we get Mardu Sorin finishing off Zendikar.
>>
>>48144220
Given a choice between Nahiri and Sorin, which is what it'd be, I have a sneaking suspicion Ugin would pick Nahiri. He needs her lithomancy more than he needs Sorin's attitude.

Ugin's probably busy sulking because his science project got buttfucked by a bunch of children anyway.
>>
>>48144216
Could also be phyrexian created by Karn spreading oil everywhere
>>
>>48144135
There wasn't one last week because the guy who usually makes them wasn't able to make one that day. They've been up every other time.
>>
>>48144241
Also why the fuck did Sorin get close to her and leave his guard down? He knows damn well what she can do with rocks.
>>
>>48144241

a. Sorin has way, way more pressing stuff here than absolving Ugin of blame.

b. Ugin was never dead in this timeline, just cocooned. Which granted is also a fine excuse.
>>
>>48144216
Well her plane was specifically used as an asylum for insane Phyrexians. Maybe that got left out because you don't want crazy people fighting for you.
>>
>>48144246
I doubt it. Nahiri is too emotionally driven, and he doesn't need a lithomancer anymore.
>>
>>48144278
because he was eating her, and usually bleeding, dying food doesn't build a sarcophagus around you.
>>
>>48143968
I don't see why he can't just break out on his own. He fucking threw an angel through a pillar hard enough to turn it to powder. How is he not just tearing himself loose?
>>
>>48144220
>Sorin watches Emrakul get bitch slapped into the moon
>He's still in the pain rock
>Back in Zendikar, the Gatewatch tell Ugin that for once, they listened to him
>He asks if they found Sorin
>The group slowly turn to Jace
>He slowly starts moving back
>Ugin gives him The Stare
>Jace planesruns back to Innistrad to find Sorin at Markov Rubble
>Sorin is still Fucking Pissed
>After some weak ass punches, Jace just throws the Sorincoghagus across the BE so that Ugin can deal with it
>We get Oath of Ugin and Sorin
>Ugin's quote is "If it means you kids start listening to me for once, I will keep watch."
>Sorin's quote is just him ranting about how Ugin's a fucking liar and Nahiri's gonna get a sword up her ass
>>
>>48144022
In all fairness, Nahiri could well have known Sorin during the time period when he thought decadence was a fun way to pass the time when you're bored. There WAS a five-thousand year gap between when they sealed the Eldrazi and when she got Helvaulted for him to get bored of decadence and decide that maybe the vampires of Innistrad should get bored of it too (on pain of angel)
>>
>>48144323

Nahiri might be able to super reinforce stone or something. The better question is why he doesn't just planeswalk.
>>
>>48144348
>Markov Rubble

kek'd
>>
>>48144366

"There was no planeswalking from this. The stone teeth that held him chewed at his insides, keeping him in a perpetual anguish that would sap the focus he would need to leave this place."
>>
>>48144348
>there's no rules text on Oath of Sorin, just a rant of flavor text that goes past the bottom border
>>
>>48144397

>"Sorin's Promise"
>0 CMC
>>
Okay, new player trying to learn here. I have a card "Asylum Visitor", it has a madness ability "If you discard this card, discard it into exile. When you do, cast it or its madness cost or put it into your graveyard."

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean in practice. Does that mean I must pay the madness cost to keep it in exile, otherwise if I do not it will instead go to the graveyard?
>>
>>48144397

How fitting; Sorin's oaths and promises don't mean shit, so his oath doesn't do shit.
>>
>>48144397
>Oath of Sorin is a DFC
>The entire back side is flavor text
>If you get all five alternative versions of it, the back side makes a complete rant
>>
With Ashnod's Altar being something of an EDH staple, is anyone else hoping that we get a card of Ashnod herself at some point? That's pretty high on my wishlist.
>>
>>48144435
wrong thread

But
Madness allows you to cast spells if you would discard them.

For Asylum Visitor, if you discard it (for any reason) you discard it into exile. At that point you may pay its cost (1B) to then cast it. If you do it follows the normal casting rules, if you dont the card leaves exile and goes to your graveyard (like normal discarding does)
>>
>>48144435
This is the flavor thread, so you probably want to ask in the ask-a-judge thread or standard general.

Regardless, here's what it means: If an effect makes you discard that card, instead of putting it in your graveyard, you put it in exile. Then you immediately have one of two options: put it in your graveyard, or cast it for its madness cost. You have to pick one or the other, it can't just stay in exile.
>>
>>48144466
Ashnod is kill
>>
>>48144435

If you discard a spell with madness, you can play it instead of just putting it into your graveyard.
>>
>>48144481
Well, yeah, but I mean in a supplemental product. Freyalise was kill too.
>>
>>48144435
You discard the card. It exiles instead. You decide whether or not to pay the madness cost.
>If you do pay: It is cast for the madness card and resolves basically as if you cast it from your hand
>If you don't pay: It leaves exile and goes into the graveyard like discarding normally would have it do
Exiling in this case is just holding it outside the game for a moment for you to decide what you want to do with it without risking weird edge cases.
>>
>>48144481
She could still show up in a commander product.
>>
>>48144468
>>48144471
>>48144486
>>48144496

Well thank you then.

>wrong thread

Sorry, I'll be off. I'm new around this board.
>>
>>48144481
So are Freyalise, Feldon, Jazal Goldmane, and Titania. They still got cards, despite being dead - just in a supplemental product.
Titania even died at around the same time as Ashnod.
They should make a card for Dyfed. I want to see them outdo Tibalt.
>>
>>48144539
I just want a BR cowboy Tibalt
>>
>>48144220
>Ugin pops in
>"WHAT IN THE EVER LIVING FUCK DID YOU FAGGOTS DO TO THE ELDRAZI THIS TIME"
>Sorin's all "dude pls help Nahiri fucking jumped me for no reason"
>Ugin's like "Sorin I told you before not to fuck with me about what went on with you and her"
>Jace shows up and decides to mindprobe Sorin for giggles
>tells Ugin about the Helvault spat
>Ugin's like "fuck this gay multiverse and everyone in it, you're on your own Sorin. Now I gotta go find Nahiri and chew her ass out for fucking with Emrakul FUCKING NEOWALKERS REEEEEEEEEE"

Ugin's probably going to be the most pissed off old man in this story because of all the dorama that got to everyone's heads.

And then Liliana delivers a hamfisted moral about how being a selfish Black planeswalker can be one's own undoing, followed by claiming Innistrad as her own plane to compensate for her services in protecting it.
>>
>>48144583
Why would Liliana do that? It needs to be someone else doing that.
Because Liliana cannot conceive of anyone not being Black.
>>
>>48144539
I'm pretty sure everyone is dead except maybe Teferi, who is a time mage.
>>
>>48144667
From C14? No, what with Nahiri, Ob, and the Cecanis in there
From pre-modern border plotlines? Also no, Jhoira is also around, also Jodah, and probably Squee
>>
>>48144583
I still want to see Urza come back and begin to chew out all the Neo-walkers

>"The fuck is going on? Where's Karn?"
>"Excuse me Urza, but maybe you should talk to me"
>"Shut the fuck up Jace, the big boys are talking. Where's Karn?"
>"Right here Urza."
>"Dude, what the fuck man? We spend how many centuries trying to destroy Phyrexia and here you go and just decide to make them a new home?"
>"I'm sorry urza."
>"And worst of all I have all these fucking kiddies running around thinking that stopping the Eldrazi is a big deal. Congrats kids, you saved literally the two most useless planes in existence."
>"What did you call us?"
>"You heard me. I thought the Weatherlight crew was a bunch of fuckwads but you take the cake. We got a too cool for school leader, an emo cheerleader, a roid rager with questionable ethnicity and an elf quickly trying to reach my level of bad decisions. Karn?"
>"Y-yes Urza?"
>"Get Bolas on the phone. Tell him the men have some work to do."
>>
>>48144697
>Squee is the immortal god-king of mercadia's goblins
Permanent headcanon, since wotc's never going back there.
>>
>>48144612
She does it intentionally to troll.
While also deep down wanting to make sure Jace doesn't get himself killed caring about other people's problems.

Liliana's actions are kinda interesting to look at, because there's the obvious Black side to her rationale (I'm doing it so that Jace and friends can owe me), and then there's the weird sentimental side (I really REALLY don't want Jace to get himself killed over someone else's problem) that doesn't immediately fit the classic parasitic selfishness of Black but does fall in line with, say, Black's rejection of altruism.
>>
>>48144698
No. And he shouldn't ever get a card, either.

Though his vanguard one works. It can't be removed and acts as an infinite mana outlet.
>>
>>48144698
>Urza, Sorin, and Bolas on the same team and wrecking the multiverse's shit while occasionally giving Jace swirlies.
>Karn tagging along and futilely trying to keep the crazy train on something resembling rails
>The crazy train has no brakes
>>
>>48144698
If Urza ever somehow gets resurrected, I would want him to be like Old Joseph Joestar, an amnesiac with remenants of his old power.
>>
>>48144698
Ugin's clearly the one who's going to play that role.

And he's likely to force his way into being top chief of the Gatewatch so that the organization has even a semblance of restraint to it.

Which'll eventually lead to a falling out with members, which'll result in Magic: Civil War.

Meanwhile on Zendikar, Garruk hears of this badass Kor bitch who just slapped the shit out of the world's most arrogant vampire oldwalker. Mayhem ensues.
>>
>>48144757

Liliana can be sentimental and still be mono-black.
>>
>>48144795
>Multi-Planar drifting
>>
>>48144803
>Neowalkers fuck with the timeline again
>Urza and Yawgmoth are resurrected
>Hilarity ensues
>>
>>48144825
>Garruk hears
I think you mean Ob Nixilis ears about how vengeance will be his. then again, I'm looking forward to ob, lili and garruk getting in all kinds of mess over the chain veil, adding nahiri to that could be fun too. hell, with lili technically being in the gatewatch none of the other four would even have to nose into it to keep it in the new mtg storytelling dynamic.
>>
>>48144225
You mean three girls, right?
Yes, even the floating tentacle monster has been given the only gender allowed to win fights.
Last week we had female one save the Jacetice League, then defeat the two giant shitlords with the help of female two while the two supplicant males sat on the sidelines.
>>
>>48144878
I have no problem with this.
>>
>>48144856
>New Phyrexia meets Old Phyrexia
>"We must compleat the universe for the glory of the Father of Machines!"
>"Indeed! For the glory of Yawgmoth!"
>"...I'm sorry, for who now?"
>"HERETICS!!!"
>>
>>48144825
>I'm sorry, Nissa, but Jace is my friend.
>>oh
>>
File: Statler_waldorf_02_01.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Statler_waldorf_02_01.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
>>48144856
>Urza and Yawgmoth become the Multiverse version of Statler and Waldorf
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x432
>Nahiri wins
Best girl triumphs
>>
File: 4RcI794lvy_Nahiri.jpg (128 KB, 750x640) Image search: [Google]
4RcI794lvy_Nahiri.jpg
128 KB, 750x640
>>48144991
My nigga
>>
>>48144991
>>48145050
>faggots like girls covered in dirt
No class detected
>>
>>48145061
RUBBING NAHIRI'S DIRTY FEET
>>
>>48144991
But Anon, Elesh Norn didn't even show up on Innistrad.
>>
>>48144991
Was there ever a doubt that justice would triumph?
>>
>>48145094
GO BACK TO FLAKE THE THREAD

NAHIRI FAG

TALK ABOUT YOUR WAIFU AND FLAKEFUS MORE THERE

LEEEEAAAAAVE
>>
>>48145149
I used this name long before the flake threads, like it or not
Lore threads are my home.
>>
>>48144935
>Hey Yawgmoth, what do you think about this whole Gatewatch thing
>They're a class act Urza, what with the Oaths and the Watching
>I think the Druids one-upped them on the first part Yawgmoth
[Laugh Track]

>You know this Nissa girl must have a lot of eyes Urza, watching over life on every plane
>She's quite the overachiever, back in my day, elves just watched the dark
[Laugh Track]

>Hey Urza, why do they call the new Liliana a Medium
>Why's that Yawgmoth
>Because she's neither Rare nor Well-Done
[Laugh Track]
>>
hope this is an OK thread to ask...

Since Core sets are to be no more and standard is changing things up, will old cards ever get reprinted or allowed for standard play anymore? Will it be very rare when they do?
>>
>>48144583
Ugin would be over the fucking moon if he found out what the Gatewatch did on Innistrad.

They didn't kill Emrakul, they sealed her and he can study her all he likes.
>>
>>48145294
They've been sneaking in re-prints in each of the new sets, plus they're making new cards that are essentially copies of old ones. I'm sure there is some sort of plan to make sure the core sets aren't forgotten and thrown to the side...
>>
>>48144698
>elf quickly trying to reach my level of bad decisions
>trying
Maybe the Eldrazi will just leave.

Oh shit, she was 1/3 right. 1/6 right if you halve it because Nahiri was calling Emmychan instead of leaving, but she did leave.
>>
>>48145294
We've already been seeing a bunch of reprints though. They've mostly been commons and uncommons though

Now if you are asking about reprints of strong busted cards like Liliana of the Veil and whatnot, no, those will see release in reprint sets like the Masters series.
>>
>>48143920
Around kors, never relax.
>>
>>48145258
>Hey Yawgmoth, what do you think about Karn becoming the new father of machines?
>I'm fine with it, I just hope he ate his wheaties before hand
>Why's that?
>because it's part of a compleat breakfast
>DOHOHOHOHO
>>
>>48145299
>don't worry Ugin, we've taken the liberty of sending the moon to Tarkir so you don't have to come to Innistrad to study it.
>>
>>48144991
You're everything that is wrong with today's lore.
>>
>>48145418
>we've taken the liberty of sending the moon to Tarkir
THREE DAYS
THREE DAYS
THREE DAYS
THREE DAYS
THREE DAYS
THREE DAYS
>>
>>48145420
But I hate the jacetice league!
>>
File: garruk about to punch lilliana.png (135 KB, 223x309) Image search: [Google]
garruk about to punch lilliana.png
135 KB, 223x309
so what planeswalkers are not awful or dead right now?
Garruk isnt that bad right now
>>
>>48145531
TRIGGERED
>>
>>48145384
Around kor, prepare for war
>>
Why can't Wizards fucking close storylines.

>Sorin gets defeated BUT Nahiri doesn't kill him
>Emrakul gets defeated BUT the Jacetice League seal her instead of killing her
>New Phyrexia and Ravnica plotlines are still open
>Garruk's, Tezzeret's and Elspeth's storylines are still open
>there are at least 5 PWs that appeared on cards and that we basically know nothing of
>of course still no news on Bolas

This is shaping like a fucking soap opera
>>
I'm new to all of this. How old are these characters outside of fiction? When did Sorin, Nahiri and the various members of the Jacetice League appear?

This is a difficult lore to make sense of, which isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>48144211
While I agree with your point I still hate the Jacetice League.
>>
>>48145679
>Why can't ongoing stories with no end in sight just close off all their plot points?
>>
>>48145702
Sorin, Nissa, and Gideon were like 2010/2011
Jace and Chandra were like 2007
Nahiri was 2014 and I think so was Ugin
>>
>>48145722
>why can't we make some more space for something new
>>
>>48144878

>ignores the fact that two women were turned into a horrifying abomination
>ignores the fact that angels are pratically extinct

Kill yourself. No one that desperate deserves to live.
>>
>>48145736
Really? The way people talk I'd have thought Sorin was around since the 90s or something.
>>
File: yGFVWuO.jpg (12 KB, 490x263) Image search: [Google]
yGFVWuO.jpg
12 KB, 490x263
So which PW is gonna pull a Piccolo and blow up the moon?
>>
>>48144323
>>48143968

See Dyfed, you unresearched imbeciles
>>
>>48145739
New plane is in a few months friendo
>>
>>48145413
>Hey Urza, what do you call the current state of the lore
>What Yawgmoth?
>A pile of shit.
>That's not very original Yawgmoth
>Neither are these plotlines
>DOHOHOHO
>>
>>48144221

This. Old Phyrexia has no true visual consistency and looks goofy as all hell, with zombie faces stuck to tanks and everything.
>>
>>48145774
I think Bolas and Karn are the only ones that were around since the '90s.
>>
>>48145736
Ugin was named in a 2010 story article.

So hes older then 2014.
>>
>>48144029
>>48144078
>>48144169
>Nissa
Fuck, I remember when we were joking about that in threads. Does Sorin sacrifice himself while giving the whole Jaestice league a big long "fuuuuuck you!" to help Nissa do it? Does her spell bring back Innistrad's elves in her cuddly, big breasted, Joragan image?
>>
File: image.png (242 KB, 413x461) Image search: [Google]
image.png
242 KB, 413x461
>>48145793
Tibalt.
>>
>>48145815
I can only hope it won't be just a nice setting for a Gatewatch bikini episode with some Chandra backstory slammed in
>>
Is there a difference between lithomancy and geomancy?
>>
>>48145854
I don't think Bolas had an actual story behind him until the 2000s. Legends has no story, its just a bunch of stuff that the Magic team has variously gone back to pilfer ideas from.
>>
File: Image (6).png (121 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image (6).png
121 KB, 223x311
So Innistrad will suffer from Zendikaresque Roil effects now?
>>
>>48145917
Apparently they're all going there to visit some World's Fair style event, so yeah, beach episode with some Chandra stuff.

Second set has a flower symbol and is called Aether revolt, so I'm guessing hippies vs. Robots.
>>
>>48145924
The name
>>
>>48145924
>lithomancy
stone magic
>geomancy
earth magic

They techincally are different
>>
File: tumblr_naei5iPyY91txx23vo5_1280.jpg (364 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_naei5iPyY91txx23vo5_1280.jpg
364 KB, 600x900
>>48145328
>Nissa lets the eldrazi loose.
>The successfully eat half of a plane that the planeswalkers fix.
>The one that left eats less than half of a plane before getting sealed
Urza said he'd bring an end to phyrexia, Nissa said she'd get rid of the eldrazi.
...Sure don't see any free eldrazi anywhere...or in a seal that anyone can accidentally fuck-up this time around.
>>
>>48145866
He is first mentioned in Future Sight
>>
>>48145962
Innistrad reacted differently than Zendikar, causing mutation and corruption instead of heaving violently. It might fuck with the tides and anything moon related now though.
>>
>>48145962
I assume every full moon things start mutating again.
>>
>>48146616
Angels transforming at werewolf intervals into spaghetti monsters
>>
>>48146484
You mean Ghostfire?
I wonder if back then WotC already had any idea what Ugin will be besides the whole colorless shtick.
>>
>>48146616

>Innistrad is "spoopy tentacles" now forever

God fucking damn it, is it too much to ask for ONE goddamn horror setting that doesn't think tentacles are the be-all end-all of scary?
>>
>>48144394
Eventually Sorin is going to get used to his new reality of pain, and planeswalk out of there. This is by no means a permanent solution.
>>
>>48147567
When he jumps to Zendikar to choke a bitch, he finds out that Nahiri cribbed ideas from him and made her own guardian deity:

It's the manland cycle all voltron'd together into one chaos clusterfuck rape elemental.
>>
File: Gideon.jpg (665 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Gideon.jpg
665 KB, 900x900
Best planeswalker reporting for duty.
>>
>>48147624
>Greek Thor
>interesting

Oh but real talk I literally cannot unhear Gideon in any voice but Chris Hemsworth's for some reason.
>>
>>48145962
The Roil effects were from the Eldrazi moving around and straining against their prison. The Hedrons would take this excess energy and disperse it throughout the plane, which caused the Roil. Since Innistrad's moon is probably magic/mana negating, I don't think a Roil is going to happen.
>>
File: Fenris_close.png (219 KB, 406x483) Image search: [Google]
Fenris_close.png
219 KB, 406x483
>>48147674
Interesting. I can't hear Sorin as anything other than Dragon Age 2's Fenris by Gideon Emery

>>48147728
Isn't it the only source of white mana on the plane. So the good things like angels are gonna go full Brisela when the moon is at it's fullest. Then everyone's going to be happy zombies and werewolves are around.
Speaking of, fucking necromancers are saving Innistrad, are the people of the plane going to start saying stuff like "Oh man, necromancers are great to have around." now?
>>
>>48147674
I like his backstory and his character in general. And in my head he has the voice of Hugh Jackman but a bit smoother.
>>
File: 4C8.jpg (22 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
4C8.jpg
22 KB, 500x412
All the objective of SOI and EMN was to make lili a hero and sorin a villian
they destroyed all the good things that he did, so newfags could hate him easier
They made it, you see all the waifufags stupid enough to defend a genocidal bitch.
>>
>>48147915
Sorin never did much good by himself. I'm neutral to Nahiri but Sorin is as Sephiroth tier as his hair and getup
>>
>>48147567

Eventually, Sorin's Vengeance will be getting a reprint.

At this point I don't even care if it's on Olivia or Nahiri.
>>
>>48148047

Keeping humans and vampires from killing each other for a thousand years is pretty good until Nahiri fucked it all up.
>>
>>48148070
>Turning humans into cattle instead of just dealing with the demon-made vampirism curse
He didn't "prevent the two from killing each other
He maintained stability on his property at the cost of Nahiri's property and a broken contract, so Nahiri got sick of the shit they put on her property so she gave him a piece of that shit back. That's what their thought process is like about the whole thing.
>>
So Em is pretty much going to get imprisoned into the moon right? But won't she still have a fuck huge influence on Innistrad? People were losing their marbles before she even got there.
>>
>>48148171
See the second part of >>48147764 but everything else should be fine most of the time.
>>
>>48148171
>Jews of the coast and it's hate on angels
Being an angelfag is life of pain
>>
>>48148169

Dealing with the curse is impossible. The only other option was to genocide the vampires because they were gonna go extinct after they wiped the humans out anyway.

Not that Olivia appears to be able to get that through her thick skull.

>>48147764

Considering literally all of the necromancers we've met so far still murder people for fun, I doubt it.
>>
Nahiri rapefic when?
>>
>>48144583
> followed by claiming Innistrad as her own plane to compensate for her services in protecting it.

That would actually be kind of a funny solution to the 'No Avacyn' problem.

> Town is under attack by rampaging werewolf horrors
> "They have us surrounded. All is lost! But, wait... do you hear that?"
> The sounds of moaning undead grow louder as a tidal wave of zombies bum-rushes the town, punches the werewolves to death, and then shambles away to deal with the next threat.
> Lilianna's zombie hoards have been tasked with defending the remaining humans.
> "T-thanks zombies."
>>
>>48148212
>Genociding the vampires
Technically the best result actually. Innistrad vampires are a demon made curse. Killing the cursed is Innistrad's SOP for stuff. The "save the human" option would have been to wipe them out. I mean, at least Zendikar's vampires don't overwhelm and insta-win against every other race like Innistrad's do.
But Sorin doesn't want to do that, so instead he decided to turn humans into free-range cattle and a high stakes game of "Eat, but don't get caught!"
>>
File: defang.jpg (188 KB, 620x466) Image search: [Google]
defang.jpg
188 KB, 620x466
>>48148278
>insta-win against every other race like Innistrad's do.
But that's wrong
>>
>>48148327
Literally nothing from Avacyn Restored counts as day-to-day affairs for Innistrad.
Avacyn Restored was Avacyn coming back to a world so dark that she had enough power to tip the scales so far in humanities favor that they could win against almost literally anything.
>>
>>48147624
Next week.
>>
>>48148413
>Avacyn Restored was Avacyn coming back to a world so dark that she had enough power to tip the scales so far in humanities favor that they could win against almost literally anything.
But what was she doing before she was trapped in the Helvault then
>>
>>48144348
>Sorin's flavor text is the Navy Seal copypasta
>>
>>48148518
Avacyn's power level is always to keep things at 50% light 50% dark. That's how it was like when she was free.
When she was in the Helvault the dark overtook the light, to like 10% light 90% dark
So when she got freed, she gave that 10% Light enough power to fight likes 50% light until things finally balanced back out to 50% light, 50% dark
Before she was in the helvault, she gave a cathar enough power to fight. Not enough to fight a vampire one-on-one, but enough that 5 cathars and 5 vampires could fight and they could kill maybe 2-3 vampires to keep the numbers under control.
When she came out of the helvault she had to compensate for the overwhelming dark so she gave a cathar enough power so that said Cathar could fight with the force of 5 of them and that slowly went back down to one as the light came back and her power level went back to normal.
>>
>>48148518
Maintaining the status quo, by in large. We don't really know how long Avacyn was in the Helvault.

It's been assumed it was for a few years, and that shows just how low humans are on the food chain.

Keep in mind too that Avacyn coming back was such a huge swell of hope and "faith rewarded" for the humans, that not only did she get that huge swell of power (in the form of her card in AVR) but it also lead to the creation of the Miracles cycle of spells because of how much (and how fast) Avacyn needed to make changes to restore the balance.
>>
>>48148637

Actually creative said it was a single year.

Considering how fast things went utterly to shit for humanity in that time, I am not optimistic about Innistrad's future with one angel against the exact same number of demons there have always been.
>>
>>48148721
How did humanity even survive without Avacyn?
>>
>>48148721
Thanks for clarifying how long it was.

My guess is that after Emrakul gets sealed away, someone finds Sorin and frees him, and he helps Sigarda, Thalia, Odric, and Tamiyo begin the process of setting up new runes, wards, and spells to help create a new guardian creature to make sure Emrakul stays sealed in the moon.

Note that the only reason Tamiyo stays around is because she wants to study the moon now that there's a giant flying spaghetti monster inside it, and see how the werewolves react to it.
>>
>>48148833
I assume things weren't so completely awful before vampires, but I really don't understand how humans survived before that.

They had angels, but as none of them are even close to avaycns power, I am clueless to how humanity survived.
>>
>>48148833
Well, best guess is that there wasn't nearly as many vampires around when Sorin started making Avacyn, who can "breed" faster than normal humans, assuming they follow the standard creation cycle of 'human gets bit by a vampire, doesn't get drained fully, human shifts into vampire spawn.'
>>
>>48148833

Vampires were really the straw that broke the camel's back. They could handle the rest of what the plane threw at them, with angelic assistance, but once vampires were added to the mix human extinction was a very real concern before Sorin stepped in.

I suspect the demon lord that taught Markov how to cook up the vampire brew was planning to get rid of humans once and for all by doing so.
>>
>>48148879
No, new vampires are made by an exchanging of blood between vampire and human
>>
>>48144156
Hey buddy, a little thing called The Mending happened.
>>
File: Battle of Markov Manor.png (3 MB, 2000x1574) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Markov Manor.png
3 MB, 2000x1574
>>48143779
I know. I love it.
Sorin and Nahiri are acting like players in an EDH game who are just fucking with each other and don't care about the rest of the game. It's great.

Spoiler is from the artbook.
>Sorin is trapped so that he can watch the destruction of Innistrad
>Nahiri and he watch as Emrakul is defeated and trapped in the moon
>"Oh. Huh."
>"I guess we were wrong."

>>48144029
>Innistrad's still definitively fucked though.
It will be fine. It'll smell like fish, but it'll be fine.
>>
>>48148833
>>48148901
>>48148879
>>48148867
Elves. Literally there were elves to eat first. Also four flights of angels against the demons. Werewolves were a problem, but zombie makers could be policed by people.

Then the vampires became a thing and the humans started losing out, then Sorin made Avacyn and she WIPED OUT A FOURTH OF INNISTRAD'S ANGELS as an example of her power to become the alpha-angel bitch of the plane.
So that was a triple whammy right there for when she went away. When she got sealed there weren't enough angels, the vampires were fucking everyone's shit up, and the long extinct elves couldn't bend nature into a protective layer or anything.
>>
Planeswalking, how does it even work? Could like, Jace planeswalk away from one district in Ravnica to Zendikar then planeswalk back to a different district in Zandikar? Or is like San Dimas time where they have to planeswalk back to the general area they left from?
>>
>>48148901
They never really explain why devils and demons want to eradicate all the humans though. Then again, this could be attributed to them just being pure evil and having no real motivation for their hatred of humans.

It does lead one to wonder though: how does a demon lord know how to make vampires? It's not the intended result of the ritual Markov wanted to do (he wanted to live forever and maintain his strength and appearance, the demon told him how) but was fine with it anyway because he got what he wanted out of it.
>>
>>48149042
Demons are assholes, simple as that.

I wonder what Tibalt is doing right now.
Probably ahvin a giggle.
>>
>>48143860
What do you think happens in prison with demons?

>>48144410
No, no. No CMC. You can't play a card with no CMC.
>>
>>48149027
Yes, Jace could planeswalker from Tin Street in Ravnica to Sea Gate in Zendikar and then to his office in Ravnica in a matter of seconds. That's how they get around for the most part.
>>
>>48149027
Actually yes. He thought about it while going to meet Ugin at the Eye during the BFZ story. It's why he sent that one notwalker girl back to Gideon.
As long as he knew where he wanted to be, he could be there.
>Arrive at eye of Ugin.
>Planeswalk: Eye->Niv-Mizzet's sanctum->Ally camp
It's kind of like fast travel in video games. Once you've been there, you can just pull up a menu and fast travel to it via a stop somewhere else first.
>>
>>48144022
Even if he doesn't need it to live, he theoretically needs it to function properly.
>>
File: 223.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>48149063
If a spell has a 0 in the top right corner, you can cast it. Pic related.
If it has nothing, you can't.
>>
>>48149103
Unless it's a land
>>
File: 21.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
>>48149063
>>48149103
To continue, this you can't cast for anything but it's suspend cost.
>>
>>48144878
>>48144075
Oh no, how terrible, for once it's not women being saved by men. I don't care if literally every hero in Magic is female.

>>48144211
>>48145713
This is one of the many reasons I like the Gatewatch.
>>
>>48148992
The angels she killed were the BW ones, lead by the sister related to Sigarda, Bruna, and Gisela, right?

I still want to see what the BW angel would've done, and what her domain was meant to be over (SIgarda watches over humans in life with the Flight of Herons, Bruna watched over dead humans to make sure they stayed in the Blessed Sleep, and Gisela was part of the Goldnight, which was associated with the Sun). So in theory, the BW angel and her host were associated with the Moon, if they keep the parallel of life-death, sun-moon going.
>>
>>48149119
You don't cast lands silly.
But yeah, you're right otherwise.
>>
>>48149103
That's what I said. Not only >>48149124 but Evermind as well.

>>48149119
Lands aren't cast. They're put into play using a special action that can only be performed once per turn (before someone says something: Yes, some cards change that)

>>48149133
What BW angels?
>>
>>48149155
The SOI story told from sigarda's view mentions there was a 4th flight of angels. Led by a B/W angel. She was known to consort with the demons/necromancers (only to help protect humans)

Avaycn was having none of that and executed her and her entire flight.
>>
>>48149155
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/gaze-blank-and-pitiless-2016-03-09

There was a fourth flight of angels that fought evil in a rather unscrupulous fashion. The fourth of the three sisters, whose name has been wiped from history, allied with a demon for reasons unknown to us. Avacyn responded to this by single-handedly killing her and every angel of her flight.
>>
I hope they revisit the connection between the Kor on Rath and Zendikar as a lead up to seeing Dominaria again
>>
>>48149155
Yeah but a card with a cmc of 0 can be cast is what I'm saying.
>>
>>48144348
>>48144397
This made me laugh so fucking hard. Someone please make this a reality
>>
I really hope Daretti shows up on Kaladesh.
>>
>>48149155
There was a host of BW angels that dealt with and/or made deals with necromancers, demons, devils, and vampires to help protect humans. In a way, they followed Sorin's example of trying to maintain a balance, knowing that sometimes to do good, you had to get your hands dirty.

Avacyn would have none of that, so she killed them all shortly after being made and basically forced the remaining 3 sisters to follow her or else.
>>
>>48149219
>>48149312
>Could have had BW angels
>They tease us instead
Why.
Also, why did Avacyn allow Sorin to live?

>>48149254
Yeah, but a low casting cost is worth more. So making something cost 0 as a way to say "Sorin's word means shit" is bad, because mechanically it means his word is much better.
>>
>>48149298
What, he can't install a toilet in his chair?
>>
List of members of the Zendikar trio that wasn't sealed in something....
>>
>Never does anything: The character gets his shit pushed in and has to watch as emracool fucks up innistrad
Best ending to that plot thread honestly.
>>
>>48149338
It was sort of hard-wired into her. She existed to create good and enforce goodness on Innistrad and eliminate evil. Everything she does and did was and is good, in her mind. Why would someone evil make something good? He couldn't be a monster if he was the root of goodness.

She was only able to attack him when she saw herself as fallible and corrupt in her last moments, and him as the one responsible for her corrupt actions, therefore making him a monster worthy of purging.
>>
>>48149338
>Also, why did Avacyn allow Sorin to live?
Do you mean just in general?
Sorin made it so that she couldn't attack him because he was her creator/master.

The emmy madness made her not think of him as her master though, so that's how they got around that.
>>
>>48149369
>>48149369
Oh shit, you're right
>Ugin was put into a hedron cocoon so he could heal
>Nahiri was bitch slapped into the Hellavault
>Sorin just got slam dunked into a rock
>>
>>48149338

Frankly, I'm pissed they even bothered with going into the angel lore at all in Gaze because they'd already decided to kill all of them off and never bring that plot thread up again.

There were interesting storylines in there somewhere, but NOPE! Have some more fucking tentacle monsters.
>>
>>48149338
Personally I'm hoping that they release the BW angel as a Commander product, with her being something like:

BW Angel's Name

Legendary Creature - Angel, 3BW

Flying, Deathtouch, Lifelink, 4/4

At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost.

At the end of your turn, gain life equal to the number of cards in your hand.

"Without pain, there is no experience. Without experience, one cannot survive."
>>
>>48149342
I want more artifact stuff
>>
>>48149298
He might come up in Conspiracy 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>48149449
We're heading to Kaladesh. Prepare your anus for the artifact stuff they'll cram up your ass.

Now if only we could get more equipment.
>>
File: 1.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
Baron Sengir planar invasion when?
>>
>>48149678
Baron Sengir, Sorin team up when
>>
>>48148259
tags: rape, vaginal, virginity, nakadashi, nahiri, reader
>>
>>48149826
>virgin
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 151x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 151x200
>>48149954
you know you are
>>
>>48149962
I assumed it was meant for Nahiri.

But I've sucked like 2 dicks, that counts enough.
>>
Ok, so we know the day is saved by Jace and company. Is Sorin just gonna be all like "Hey guys, over here! Guys..?"
>>
>>48149380
>>48149393
Why did Sorin kill Avacyn in the first place?
I'm honestly only loosely keeping up with the general shit. The artbook says he did it as part of a deal with Olivia. Sorin honestly is the worst character for killing his own daughter as a power play to get Olivia to help him fight the apprentice he fucked up with jail time.

>>48149417
>>48149423
I just want more BW angels in general.

>>48149954
>>48149974
The reader's virginity. The reader is getting raped.

>>48149826
>[Character]xReader fics
It's like I'm really on Livejournal.
>>
>>48149974
That totally doesn't count unless it's at the same time!
>>
>>48149986
come on man, just let me have this
>>
>>48149984

>"We did it, Ugin! And we didn't have to destroy the Eldrazi this time!" Jace said happily.
>"Jace, do you remember what I asked you to do on Zendikar?" Ugin asked, looking up from his telescope.
>"...Find Sorin Markov?"
>"And yet I am having the strangest hallucination that you are here, talking to me, and there is no vampire with you."
>"But he's scary..."
>"Boy, I am going to yell at somebody today. If it's you or that vampire is entirely your choice."
>>
>>48149986
>Why did Sorin kill Avacyn in the first place?
She was the price for Olivia's cooperation, plus she was killing the general human populace
>>
>>48149986
>Why did Sorin kill Avacyn in the first place?
because she was fucking things up and had to be put down
>>
>>48150127
It honestly seems like he wouldn't have bothered if Olivia hadn't asked.
>>
>Ugin: "Let me be clear. It must be the three of us. Whatever petty tiff you've had with her, or whatever matter it is you're hiding from me, resolve it. I do not wish to see your face without hers."

I want Sorin to be holding Nahiri's head on a pike the next time he sees Ugin.
>>
>ancient eldritch space monster evils lose to the gatewatch

Fucking gay. Does that mean no more Eldrazi until the next time they run out of ideas? I fucking love my Eldrazi.
>>
>>48150153
>Sorin does that
>Ugin gets FUCKING PISSED

>Oldwalker Feud 2: Never Stop Never Stopping
>>
File: Gisa-and-Geralf.jpg (61 KB, 1024x772) Image search: [Google]
Gisa-and-Geralf.jpg
61 KB, 1024x772
Gisa: Prepare for trouble!

Geralf: Make it double!

Gisa: To call out all ghouls from their shallow graves

Geralf: To unite all corpses as our slaves

Gisa: To denounce the faith of Avacyn's church

Geralf: To conduct the most forbidden research

Gisa: Gisa!

Geralf: Geralf!

Gisa: Team Cecani, filling you with such fright!

Geralf: Surrender now, or prepare to fight!
>>
File: Grimgrin.jpg (51 KB, 620x453) Image search: [Google]
Grimgrin.jpg
51 KB, 620x453
>>48150634
Grimgrin that's right!
>>
>>48149124
You can cast it if an effect lets you cast spells without paying their cost. That's why Cascade is broken with that card.
>>
>>48150417
hopefully no more eldrazi period
>>
File: disdain for plebs.jpg (69 KB, 540x323) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.jpg
69 KB, 540x323
>>48150634
>Odric and Thalia's face when they have to work with the Cecanis
>>
>>48150650
lost it, well played
>>
File: tragic slip.jpg (31 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
tragic slip.jpg
31 KB, 265x370
>>48150677
>Team Cenani buries themselves agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!
>*thund*
>>
>>48149027

Doug answered this:

http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/63039645968/can-planeswalkers-use-their-planeswalking

tl;dr; yes, but not something to be done lightly. Planeswalking always takes time+mana+effort in of itself, and each jump has a small but nonzero chance the Blind Eternities fuck you up. Accuracy also operates on DnD teleport rules, where you need familiarity with the area to have any resemblance of accuracy.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1200x905) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1200x905
>>48150634
>>48150650
*muffled groaning*
>>
>>48149986
Sorin did not intend to kill Avacyn when he confronted her. He kept trying to force her into the chamber he created her in, so he could repair her from Nahiri's damage. However, she found a loophole in her conditioning that allowed her to attack him, and he had to destroy her.
>>
>>48151193
>Avacyn can you just calm down and come with me
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUU
>Okay... listen, daddy is patient, but if you don't listen to me, I'm going to have to punish you
>Beam of light hits Sorin in the face
>That is it young lady, someone is getting a time-out
>>
>>48151221
>millennia old vampire planeswalker
>can't incapacitate his own creation and drag her into the room
???
>>
>>48145323
>>48145361
Ah I see. I'm just trying to save money, so if it's only common cards then it really isn't much of a factor and I can safely bench my old cards and use them for EDH or something.
>>
>>48151280
Its implied he invested a significant amount of his power into her while he was an oldwalker. She was nearly able to overpower Old Nahiri.
>>
>>48150857
>(The “failure rate” might be very low, but even a very-low-but-nonzero chance of danger would keep most people from doing a thing unless it was really necessary. Imagine if your oven blew up 1% of the times you turned it on. Do you really need to bake those cookies? What’s your oven-explosion tolerance level?) (Goblins and Izzet guild members: nevermind, I know your answer.)

>Now we know why there are no Goblin Planeswalkers
Daretti will be dead soon.
>>
>>48150857
>>48151547
I'd guess it'd be more like a "Well you COULD get killed by a lightning strike when you go swimming" deal
>>
#freesorin2016
>>
>>48152058
#fucksorin2016
no not like that. he's probably too old to do anything anyway
>>
>>48150634
>>48150650
If only it had been abut them and Ludevic banding together to try a last ditch assault on Emmy against all odds.
No, instead we get the jastice league swooping in moments later and handwaving the whole thing to fixed.
>>
>>48151645
Presumably it's more "swimming in a thunderstorm". You'll probably be fine, but don't push your luck, and don't use it to grab pizza.
>>
>>48152178
If it had been about them and Ludevic banding together to try a last ditch assault on Emmy against all odds, you'd just be bitching about that.
>>
>>48152178

Zombies being any goddamn use against Emmy is a joke as it is. Remember the biggest zombie army Innistrad's seen in years gets put together in Dark Ascension by these assclowns and Thalia destroyed it, Grimgrin included, with an extremely basic fire trap.
>>
File: 1467072344793.jpg (93 KB, 624x849) Image search: [Google]
1467072344793.jpg
93 KB, 624x849
>>48152178
>Thalia
>Odric
>Geist of St. Traft
>Sigarda
>Gisa and Geralf
>Ludevic

We could have had the Innistrad Avengers teaming up to save their plane

Instead we get the Jacetice League
>>
>>48152196
Not them but so far this story is a million times better than BFZ just by the sake of "They kill 2 eldrazi titans with the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP".

The URs actually have interesting shit going on in them too, unlike 95% of BFZ stories.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.