[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 115
File: Making Magic.png (2 MB, 1400x1800) Image search: [Google]
Making Magic.png
2 MB, 1400x1800
Tri-color planeswalkers edition!

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
http://digital-art-gallery.com/
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>48118310
>>
>>48143105
Hey, thanks for the feedback!

>Brian Li Sung
Hrm. Upping costs I think is the best solution. Looks like it might be best to get rid of the untap ability.

>Hunter Rose
>This is just very good.
Well, thank you.
>Some kind of vampire or hunter image would be nice.
Not quite sure what this means though. I mean, it is a picture of Grendel, that's who the card is for.

>Witchblade
OK. Though I should probably look more at the character to get a better idea of what she should do anyway. Some of these characters are a bit difficult due to how there isn't as much info on them as there is on more popular characters.

>Dredd
Well, what do you think Dredd should do? I have another version kicking around that destroys tapped creatures. I still want him to have a strong White focus though. Because he still is, after all, THE LAW!!!
>>
File: Z.jpg (139 KB, 750x523) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
139 KB, 750x523
hrmph WTB faction ideas
>>
File: Grendel - Behold the Devil.jpg (290 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
Grendel - Behold the Devil.jpg
290 KB, 900x1384
>>48143266
>Looks great :3 What comin is that?
It's Grendel again. Most of the story follows this guy, Hunter Rose, also known as Grendel, a notorious crimelord who controls nearly all gang activity in New York. He's incredibly gifted, mentally and physically. He's basically what Bruce Wayne would've become if he had chosen to be a criminal, though there are quite a few differences, and Grendel has a lot more to offer than other evil Batman clones (looking at you, Nemesis).

Hunter is eventually killed by his archnemesis, Argent, a Native American werewolf. After that, the story continues to the far future as it follows various others who take on the Grendel identity and how they use it through the centuries.

It's a pretty fun comic, very noir, very light on the superhero aspect. Grendel has a mask and... that's basically it. There's some other stuff too, like how Hunter and the others might actually be possessed by a demon that makes them insane and violent.
>>
>>48143394
Hmm. That is an interesting tradeoff. Your cards gain better abilities, even though your opponents are likely in a stronger position. Not sure on the name though. Meekness? Humility?
>>
File: Youngling Convert.png (273 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Youngling Convert.png
273 KB, 375x523
>>48143428
>Meekness? Humility?
yeeeah I'm thinkin'

Maybe this.
>>
File: download.jpg (557 KB, 1125x1569) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
557 KB, 1125x1569
>>48143320
Or add a cost to the ping is the safer route. It's 2 damage/turn free.

>Grendel
Oh yeah I know, just saying in a dnd-ish/medieval setting.

>>48143394
>As long as you control the most # of XYZ permanents, [effect]

>Whenever a creature dies, if X/ you may pay Y, [effect]

>Whenever a card enters a gy/XYZ permanent is destroyed, [effect]

>Hate stuff.
Pic
>Some cards, some old, some new :3
>>
>>48143446
>Gnome
I always love when Magic ditches typical fantasy conventions. Gnomes? Artifact creatures. Dwarves? Barely even exist.

>>48143481
>Or add a cost to the ping is the safer route. It's 2 damage/turn free.
I meant that too. That's why I said "costs" I was talking about more than the casting cost.

>Oh yeah I know, just saying in a dnd-ish/medieval setting.
What, you want it to look like an actual Magic card or something? You can take the design if you want and use your own art.

>Greenspeaker
Why does this have the old frame? And why is it Human, it's obviously an Elf. Personally, I think the ability is too good. Maybe three mana of one color instead.

>Aluxious
>Other creatures you control get +1/+1 and are black Werewolves in addition to their other colors and types.
I think.
>Whenever a creature dealt damage by a creature you control this turn dies, return it to the battlefield under your control tapped at the beginning of the next end step.

>Fadeblade Carck
WU Viashino? Eh... I don't really like it, but whatevs.
>nonartifact, noncreature
Alphabetical order.

Woah, wait, what? Two spells and you can exile any creature? Really not a fan of that.

>Jyek
Uh... are you really sure about that first ability? It seems kinda nuts.

>Yawgmoth's Adept
Hmm. Probably imbalanced as fuck, gets a full playset in the top 8 of the next tournament after it's printed, and would get banned to oblivion afterwards. Yawgmoth deserves nothing less. Good job.

>Gethsemane
Why does it produce Green mana? As for the ability, I think it's horribly imbalanced. I'm already thinking of ways to try and break it. Karmic Guide comes to mind a lot, and a creature that can untap lands, preferably one from the Urza block.

>Infinity Prism
Should the draw be separate from the mana? Eh, just thinking. And I'm not entirely sure on the last ability, but I think that alone should make it 5 or 6 mana by itself. Oh, and it's "color" not "colour"

1/2
>>
>>48143481
>>48143854

>The Song of My People
Note my capitalization.
>Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the total power of creatures you control.
I'd like to see how this plays.

2/2
>>
File: Galon Stormfeather 88.jpg (3 MB, 2330x1640) Image search: [Google]
Galon Stormfeather 88.jpg
3 MB, 2330x1640
Which version do you like best?
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (256 KB, 1127x523) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
256 KB, 1127x523
god fuck Meld is such a dumb idea that I had to do something this stupid.

I'm sorry.
>>
>>48144820
I love it. Do one for Lilli and Nissa.
>>
>>48144866
fuck one second...
>>
File: Z.jpg (248 KB, 1127x523) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
248 KB, 1127x523
>>48144866
welp snowflake city time
>>
File: Peter Quill Star-Lord3.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Peter Quill Star-Lord3.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
Is this clear enough?
>>
>>48144820
Own and control.
>>
File: Sultai Spiritspeaker.png (291 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sultai Spiritspeaker.png
291 KB, 375x523
>>48145305
Maybe? I'm not sure how to decrease the ambiguity without making it wordy as fuck.
>>
>>48144581
I like the one with the moat ability
>>
>>48145305
Who?
>>
File: Prez Rickard of the USA.jpg (41 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Prez Rickard of the USA.jpg
41 KB, 375x523
>>48145435
Meh, it wouldn't be too hard.
>Creatures you control have "Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked by one or more creatures, you may pay 1RW. If you do, this creature deals damage equal to its power to one of those creatures."

>card
>When ~ is put into your graveyard from anywhere, add B to your mana pool.
>When ~ is put into exile from anywhere, add U to your mana pool.

>>48145550
Peter Quill, a human/Spartoi hybrid known as Star-Lord. His backstory is needlessly complicated, so I sum it up thus: Dad was an alien, eventually went to space and became the Star-Lord. Had adventures, got caught and thrown into jail. Got released to lead a suicide mission with other prisoners, but survived. From there, he recruited the other prisoners to become the Guardians of the Galaxy, a super team designed to take out crises in space. Got trapped in a Lovecraftian hellhole universe with no way out with his pal, Richard Rider, Nova. Later reappeared with a radically different appearance, backstory, and personality. I think he's still trapped, and the new Peter Quill is a doppelganger from another dimension.

Oh, and he isn't anywhere near the most obscure person I've done a card for. This one is probably it though.
>>
File: 1467827493865553.png (251 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1467827493865553.png
251 KB, 375x523
How would you word the text on this creature? Am I doing it right?
>>
>>48143481
>Undead Wizard
>not Zombie
What is this shit?
>>
>>48145102
Does that mean that we have to do Tamiyo and Gideon next? Tamideon? Gidyo?
>>
>>48146106
Soriyo.
Tamiyo & Sorin obviously.

Gideon's a beta he stays alone.
>>
>>48146124
Clearly it should be Sorin and Nahiri.
It's enemy colors so far, so Gideon would need to merge with someone like Koth.
>>
>>48146513
>Gideon would need to merge with someone like Koth.
Kothion
it's official. Someone do it I already did two :0
>>
>>48146124
Here's an idea, an Eidolon (Spirit) that Bestows itself upon a Returned (Zombie) and Melds them into...Elspeth!
>>
>>48146536
>Kothion
Explosive Heiromancy?...Fuck. Yes!
>>
>>48146620
>Elspeth, Eidolon + Elspeth, Returned = Elspeth, Reborn
I can dig it.
>>
File: Ras al Ghul the Demon3.jpg (52 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ras al Ghul the Demon3.jpg
52 KB, 375x523
>>
I'm in the process of designing a Naya planeswalker. Which of these ultimates do you like best?

>You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +3/+3 and have first strike, lifelink, and trample."

>You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your end step, put two 5/5 green Beast creature tokens with trample onto the battlefield."

>You get an emblem with "Whenever a source you control adds mana to your mana pool, creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn."

>Put an 8/8 Beast creature token that's red, green, and white onto the battlefield. It has trample, lifelink, and haste.

>You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, distribute up to five +1/+1 counters among any number of target creatures you control."

>Until end of turn, creatures you control get +5/+5 and gain first strike, lifelink, and trample. (yay Titanic Ultimatum!)

>Choose up to three creature cards you own from outside the game with total converted mana cost 10 or less and put them onto the battlefield.

>For each creature you control, put a 5/5 green Beast creature token with trample onto the battlefield.

Got other ideas for ultimates?
>>
>>48147677
>Naya
Literally the most boring shard, consider euthanasia.
>>
File: Brian Li Sung Grendel.jpg (56 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Brian Li Sung Grendel.jpg
56 KB, 375x523
This more balanced? Or did I make it too expensive?

>>48147677
>>For each creature you control, put a 5/5 green Beast creature token with trample onto the battlefield.
Expanding on this, maybe just make a copy of each creature you already control, and have one of the other abilities make creature tokens.

>>48147734
I have to admit, it's not great. It's basically just "I like big butts and I cannot lie."
>>
>>48147734
Ah, what helpful and constructive criticism, surely the other anon will be able to act on it and improve his idea in a meaningful way.
>>
>>48147677
>Choose up to three creature cards you own from outside the game with total converted mana cost 10 or less and put them onto the battlefield.
This one. So much possibility.
>>
I'm having a hard time finding art representative of my plane, and I'm afraid that as a result, I'm going to have a hard time translating the flavor. I'm thinking of doing just a mechanical transfer; continue work with the mechanics I've designed for this set, but in a completely different setting. Flavorfully, I want to work with something a bit more grounded, I guess. I'm thinking desert plane, maybe with some Egyptian motifs. Is that too trite?
>>
File: Felicia Hardy Black Cat3.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Felicia Hardy Black Cat3.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
>>48147677
>>48147790
Oh yeah, and I just want to point out that you need to be careful you aren't just making Domri 2.0, since his ult was a keyword kitchen sink emblem. Unless you actually ARE making a new Domri card.
>>
>>48147826
I'd rather just "Any number of creatures with total converted mana costs 10 or less."
>>
>>48147928
>infinite memnite
>infinite ornithopter

No
>>
>>48147928
>10 Spark Elementals
Sounds like fun.
>>
>>48147950
Assuming you have that many. But really it's an ultimate so would anyone really care that you have a stack of 0/2's and 1/1's?
>>
>>48147997
>What's an anthem?
>>
>>48147950
In actual play, if you've drafted a gorillion memnites and ornithopters, why aren't you playing them? Or, if its constructed, why are you wasting eight sideboard slots on a playset of 0-drops just so you can fetch them with this ult?

Are we really designing cards based on the weird kitchen table case where some dude ults this planeswalker and smugly drops his binder full of Ornithopters on the table?
>>
>>48147950
That's really only a problem with casual. If it's really a problem, just preclude getting CMC 0 creatures.
>>
>>48147858
I don't think Felicia's luck manipulation allows her to get hurt by something she's "jinxed", so I would rather it be reworded "change the target of that spell or ability to another target, chosen at random" or somesuch, making it so she can't be targeted. Also, why prowess? Haste I get, she's impulsive.

>>48147827
Nah, WotC hasn't done proper Nile/Mesopotamian culture yet, so it's a prime target. Kaladesh just ate India so act fast though. What set are you making? As a setmaker I'm curious.

>>48147790
This seems pretty strong in a build-around, but I can't say how broken it really could be.

>>48147677
>Naya
Man, Naya needs love. I like the color combo, and the idea of "natural community supporting the biggest and strongest and venerating such" but ultimately it is kinda boring. So I can't really sign any of these. The mana anthem one is okay-ish though, and the counter one is at least playable, if not a bit bland.

What about:
>You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top <number> cards of your library. Put any creature or land cards exiled this way onto the battlefield. Those creatures gain haste, then you gain that much life."
>>
>>48148427
>What set are you making? As a setmaker I'm curious.
Ladder set symbol. Cost-matters themes.
>>
>>48147997
Well, the obvious answers are that you can grab a bunch of Thopters and Memnites alongside a Master of Etherium and Urabrask, or anything as simple as Disciple of the Vault and Viscera Seer. Hell, grab multiples in case your opponent has spot removal.
>>
>>48148460
Oh hey Timeanon. I mean yeah, a few of us have tried the desert thing (myself included) but it never seems to pan out. Though you might want to re-imagine your "cost matters" theme to go for the flavor of "resources are damn scarce in the desert, yo" and so that's why high-cost stuff matters, because it doesn't happen as often. So anything over CMC 4 is "special" in some way.
>>
>>48148543
Yeah, everything would have to be completely reflavored, likely even renamed to mesh with the new flavor in some cases.
>>
File: Narset Red-Pilled.png (337 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Narset Red-Pilled.png
337 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Sarkhan Mardude.png (252 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sarkhan Mardude.png
252 KB, 375x523
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 500x697) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 500x697
Needs better wording.
>>
File: Karmen LionheartFinBal2.png (813 KB, 750x1056) Image search: [Google]
Karmen LionheartFinBal2.png
813 KB, 750x1056
>>
File: Ethica Weiss.png (233 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ethica Weiss.png
233 KB, 375x523
>Walkerposting
okey then! New snowflake.

Basically this is the "I really wanted to push something as far as I could" card.
>>
File: You Snooze You Ooze.png (287 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
You Snooze You Ooze.png
287 KB, 375x523
I kind of want to give this a real name, but I also kind of love the placeholder.
>>
>>48148617
>Red-Pilled
Disgusting senpai.
In all seriousness though, the last ability isn't white, and absorb shouldn't be used.
>>48148630
Sarkhan is not, and has never been, mardu colors.
>inb4 he was a member of mardu
He wasn't mardu colored even then.
>>48148742
Pretty good.
>>48148840
I really like this one. It really shows the fucked up side of white.
Middle ability might be too strong though.
>>
>>48148594
Words like "Privilege" "Excess" and "Abundance" come to mind. I like the third one, personally. A proposal:

>Abundance -- If you control a permanent with a converted mana cost of 4 or greater, <effect>.

It'd play a bit like Morbid, and only really be relevant late-game, but that's not a bad thing. So is Delirium, Threshold, Metalcraft (well, midgame, but still) etc. So it's fine to do it that way. Makes for more anticipation of being able to use your big stuff, then playing off of it.

>>48148617
>red-pilled
>no silver border
>first ability uses the word "absorb"
I hope you heard me sigh from wherever you are.

>>48148630
Not bad, actually.

>>48148742
I remember her. Not bad. I think the first strike token might be a bit too much, but the other option is really a 2/2 if you want to keep the Cat theme and that's pretty much just as good if not better, so... eh. She ults a bit too fast too maybe. -7 instead?
>>
>>48148840
+1 should be a Ghost Prison effect, I think. Especially at that cost, since the enchantment is 2W itself. 0 is not very white, even if it's "even". Black does "even-handed killifying" way more than white does, since it doesn't care about its own stuff. If it were more like a balance effect, then I'd be more on board. Ult is fine, but goes off too fast.
>>
>>48148919
>Middle ability might be too strong though.
It's World Queller. And yeah that's the intent, I decided to make a boring moneywalker with heavily pushed abilities.
>>
>>48148959
>0 is not very white
It is literally ripped directly from a mono-white card from Zendikar.
>>
>>48148840
It seems like a whole lot of do-nothing and not very exciting for a walker.
Feels like Gideon, but he offers more of an being on the field.
>>
>>48148989
Ah okay. that's why I like it.
I'm a sucker for heavily pushed but not quite broken cards.
>>48148959
>>48149008
I disagree with.
>>
File: Ethica Weiss.png (233 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ethica Weiss.png
233 KB, 375x523
>>48149030
Considering the speed the ult can go off, I altered it slightly. I think this is where the card should be.
>>
>>48149005
Fair enough, but my point on black murdering its own stuff along with everyone else's being a more common occurrence than it is in white still stands, which was my main issue with it. But it's has precedence, so that overrides my critique of it. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.
>>
>>48148427
>Felicia
Eh, OK. Sounds good.
>why prowess?
Because I'm an uncreative idiot who slaps random evergreen keywords on everything.
>>
>>48149176
Actually, you could simplify Felicia a bit and just keep her how she is, but when you pay the 2, she gains hexproof until end of turn, but you can't do it till the trigger happens. That way she can't be targeted anyway. Or you know, however works for you. It's just my hot opinion anyway. As for prowess, it just doesn't fit I don't think. I dunno what to replace it with. Skulk?
>>
File: Fin Fang Foom2.jpg (54 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Fin Fang Foom2.jpg
54 KB, 375x523
>>48149232
>Skulk
Doesn't really strike me as UR for one. Also, it seems that Wizards has given up on Skulk. As for the reselect ability, I'm really unsure now. I mean, I kinda did like the idea that you could just get that unlucky that it kept targeting Felicia over and over. Besides, I've been thinking of lowering the cost for the ability, and making it so it's not as good as Hexproof will help, I think.
>>
>>48149325
If you keep the chance that she gets targeted but reduce the cost to 1, that might be okay, cause the chance that she gets targeted again is slim.
>skulk
It's U, and that's good enough for a gold card man. Also don't need to use the keyword since you're opposed to non-evergreen.
>>
File: Ixchel The Bloodpainter.png (167 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Ixchel The Bloodpainter.png
167 KB, 375x523
Aaaaa I hate flat-color backgroundsssss
>>
>>48143854
>Costs
oh ok!

>Art
Oh no. Just saying an art like that would be cool for the card. A bit of a comment that wasn't directed towards the card's mechanical capabilities/fluff.

>Greenspeaker
Thought it fit with the art really well, and the effect isn't very modern.
It's a human because I made the card with three different arts, and forgot to change the subtype accordingly.

How is it too good? It's a slightly better heritage druid in a much less relevant tribal type, at rare.

>Alux
Yeah that wording's better!

>Fadeblade
Two spells that can't be creatures or artifacts. I think it's good to build on, but not necessarily a wincon. To get procs you need a deck that's low on creatures, although with control enchantments and counterspells, it'd be pretty crazy.

>Jyek
Yeah, 'tis a bit nuts. Should have made it defending player tho. Meant for 1v1 EDH.

>Yawgmoth
Gotta love designing $300 cards.

>Gethsemane
Becuzmuhlorehuehue.
Should make it another creature card.?

>Infinity
Chromatic lantern does something that's pretty similar, and is a rock at 3. This one does have the advantage of using rock mana as colored, but mana should be fixed by around turn 6-7 on a tri color deck, and makes prism useless. It's only for the early game.

>Add X mana
Hm, not really a fan of using X if I'm not setting the number. Got another idea? D:

>>48144820
Gawd I hate Meld. I think Jace is way too effective.

>>48145102
Nissa is too effective aswell for a 2G. Make it 1GG and it's pushed.
Liliana DL needs a trigger for the second ability.

>Lilisa
>kek

Could have a lower starting, and higher gain. The gain doesn't protect her, so you can add some more counters.

Ult is cool. I wanna have them with DT and T, but meh.

>>48145305
Yep.

>>48145675
>>48145675
Kek.

>>48146766
I'd give the warriors DT aswell. You're paying for a total 5/5, and bringing him back is a steep cost.

He's cool.
>>
>>48149567
>flat-color backgrounds
The bane of all custom card creators. Sadly a lot of great concept art is on a flat grey background so it's not very pleasing to use.
>card
I like the ult. The -1 is meh, but useful. The way it gains loyalty is super dangerous, because it awards a loyalty per instance of life loss, so if you set up for it, which isn't that hard, since it only needs 4 sources to activate the ult, you can cause an opponent to die the turn you drop it. And at 3 mana, even with a bit of setup required, that feels like too much.
>>
File: Abel Supreme Justicar.jpg (133 KB, 750x1056) Image search: [Google]
Abel Supreme Justicar.jpg
133 KB, 750x1056
>>48148742
I really have a problem with -3 your creatures can't be blocked. You could make it a 0 or something if you only control how the creatures block.

>>48149062
Make it more color heavy. I like it, but it's a bit uninteractive. Reminds me of a similar one I made.
>pic

>>48149325
Nerfed? :(
Did Anon finish the Hires M15 template?
>>
Do colorless(C) cards have the same mechanical design space as colorless(generic) cards?

Are punisher cards with out-of-color effects like Browbeat still accepted in modern design?
>>
>>48150758
I just used Browbeat in a recent design and nobody complained, so... sure, I guess? With colorless stuff, it seems to be it has a few things it "wants" to do, and the rest can be done with colored activated abilities. But honestly, I don't see why colorless couldn't have at least the basics from each color, same as how artifact creatures can bring keywords to a color that doesn't normally have them by being a touch more expensive to compensate.
>>
>>48150758
>Colorless
Yes. They're both colorless cards, they just go about it differently. So just design C cards as you would artifact cards, more or less.

>Off-color
Eh... I guess. It depends, really. Though... I would like to see more. I've always loved Temporal Extortion.
>>
>>48150758
Colorless cards seem to get some value over artifacts, though they basically have the same breadth of abilities (almost everything).
>>
>>48151149
Compared to colors, colorless has a lot of self-synergy, CMC matters, and broad removal. There also seems to me a small "mimicry" theme to it, both in that it takes things from every color and how it has clone effects.
>>
File: Daybreak Flare.jpg (125 KB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
Daybreak Flare.jpg
125 KB, 750x1046
>>
File: Its All in Your Head.jpg (72 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Its All in Your Head.jpg
72 KB, 752x523
>>
>>48151443
Bad

how is morning sunlight a land?

Call it hidden valley or some bullshit
>>
>>48151443
Too easy to build around. I have to giggle every time you write feedback about stuff being OP then you do this kind of thing in the next breath.

>>48151488
So... why doesn't a discard spell Invoke into a Specter that causes discard on combat damage again? Seems like a really bad case of player expectations not being met.
>>
>>48151488
>>48151544
Because he's not taking full advantage of the DFC to do something complex with the creature side. He's still working under the idea of being Evoke, where those creatures had ETB abilities but not much else besides keywords.
>>
>>48151639
Yeah the DFC Invoke template offers so much potential that Evoke doesn't, and it really needs to be used. Static, repeatable versions of the frontside Instant/Sorcery could very well be the next step in Spellshaper technolgy regarding replicating instants and whatnot.
>>
File: Frigid Volley.jpg (99 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Frigid Volley.jpg
99 KB, 752x523
>>48151544
Good Point.

>>48151639
>>48151710
It needs a lot of work, balancing the ones at common will be tricky. I'm aiming for no more then 4-6 at common, preferably 4.
>>
>>48152564
Uncommon.
>>
File: Brother Eye3.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Brother Eye3.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
>>48150460
>Greenspeaker
Eh, maybe I'm overreacting.

>Fadeblade
It's not a wincon, no, it's easy hard removal. Kazy, there are many cards that trigger off sorcery and instant spells that are considered good. Do you honestly think there's not just the slightest chance that this card might be OP?

>Infinity
Well, I was going off Mycosynth Lattice, so who knows.

>Hm, not really a fan of using X if I'm not setting the number. Got another idea? D:
...Why? Why not use X? It's the easiest way to do this. Also, I'm not 100% on a way to do it without X, so there's that. Really, this just blows my mind, Kazy. You don't like using X when you can't set the value for it, really? Dude, you are just shooting yourself in the foot. I'm sorry, but I don't want to see you somewhere down the road struggling with some card that's easy to word with X but you can't do it that way.

>Star-Lord
>Ra's
Cool, thanks. Speaking of giving Deathtouch to the tokens, I do wonder sometimes why Wizards seems to shy away from cards that make tokens with keywords other than Flying, Haste, and Trample. Very little F-Strike, very little Deathtouch, very little Hexproof, etc.

>>48150632
>Nerfed? :(
Yeah, response to feedback from other anons.

>>48152564
Beautiful. You know, I was kinda hesitant when it came to this idea before, but this looks very interesting. Really looking forward to seeing what you do next with this.
>>
File: Space Cabby.jpg (49 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Space Cabby.jpg
49 KB, 375x523
Where'd everyone go?
>>
File: Hyperforge.jpg (49 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Hyperforge.jpg
49 KB, 375x523
Something this fun is probably haram.
>>
>>48155510
Last bit is tricky. I think it would be fine if it were limited to the exiled cards. Though playing an artifact deck would really push this card to breaking point. Hmm, maybe it needs more work.
>>
File: Chromatic Ritual.jpg (48 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Chromatic Ritual.jpg
48 KB, 375x523
>>48155510
Are we posting probably haram red cards?
>>
>>48155510
I feel like instead of allowing a stupid amount of mana reduction to all your spells it should turn all of the cards you don't cast into some amount of damage at end of turn.
>>
File: Flametongue Monk.jpg (46 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Flametongue Monk.jpg
46 KB, 375x523
>>48155759
These threads have great ideas, sometimes. I'll just... borrow them.
>>
>>48152564
Shouldn't it be 'next untap step'?

Regardless, looks fun.

Illusory Wisps 1U
Instant
Target creature gets -4/-0 until end of turn.
Invoke 3UU
//
Fogbound Path
Creature- Elemental
Defender
Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, return it to its owner's hand.
0/4

Web Trap 1GG
Instant
Destroy target creature with flying.
Invoke 3G
//
Orbweaver Gargant
Creature- Spider
Deathtouch, Reach
1/4

Mounting Plague 1B
Sorcery
Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
2B: Put ~ on top of your library. Play this ability only if ~ is in your graveyard.
Invoke 5BB
//
Plagued Horseman
Creature- Avatar
Wither, Haste, Trample
~ gets +1/+1 for each -1/-1 counter on a creature on the battlefield.
3/2

Warleader's Mien 2W
Sorcery
Put two 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Invoke 4WW
//
Gallant General
Creature- Human Soldier
First Strike
Other creatures you control get +1/+1.
2/2

Echoes of Pain 1R
Instant
~ deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.
Invoke 4RR
//
Gleeful Tormentor
Creature- Goblin Shaman
Haste
T: ~ deals 2 damage to each creature dealt damage this turn.
3/3

Let's just see how fucky we can get here...

Memories of Amber GG
Instant
Add two mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool.
Invoke 3G
//
Green Dream Amber
Artifact
T: Add G to your mana pool.
When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, draw a card.
>>
File: Mantipiryad.jpg (48 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mantipiryad.jpg
48 KB, 375x523
My drugs just kicked in and this is the result.
>>
Does anyone have any good resources for making new style templates in MSE? I kinda want to fuck around with it, but cant find any good tutorials.
>>
>>48155903
It would follow the same wording as the front half. I don't know why it's different. "Owner" is pretty much only referred to when dealing with cards (as opposed to permanents)
>>
Has /tg/ ever collaborated on a set? I mean, I know /tg/ has a serious problem with designing as a committee, but regular MtG is designed by a committee, however professional. Seems weird that we wouldn't have tried, but I aven't seen or heard about it.
>>
>Taxi service 2 colorless mana
Cumulative upkeep

Tap; put an age counter on taxi service, place one creature from your hand onto the battlefield. It gains haste. Exile that card at end of the next turn.
>>
>>48156722
I don't know whether this would be an artifact or an enchantment.
>>
>>48156661
I believe at least one person compiled a set from cards that were posted.
>>
>>48156722
>the Arabian nights was already printed.

Someone missed an opportunity.
>>
>>48156748
If it was a taxi, it would be an artifact. Since its "taxi service" it's an enchantment.
>>
>>48156722
>>48156748
>>48156794
Enchantments can't tap.

Just make it an artifact.
>>
File: Mbali Thwala.png (261 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mbali Thwala.png
261 KB, 375x523
>>48156831
I just know someone's gonna post those fucking futureshifted tapping enchantments.
>>
>>48144581
I could really use some more feedback on this. I can't decide so please give me your opinions.

P-please?
>>
>>48156831
They >can< tap, but they shouldn't to keep them mechanically distinct from artifacts. Also, artifacts with anthems or static effects on them really shouldn't exist unless the set calls for them thematically. But like, that's just my opinion, man. Peeps can do what they want.

>>48157534
Sure dude.
I like both your +1 ideas; they are both good at protecting Galon. #8 is a bit more unique though, so I'd vote for that. Three creatures is too much though, I think. Gustcloaking is strong.

Personally, I would go with #3, but with #8's +1 in a nerfed state. I think one permanent making two different types of bird token isn't a good idea, so to keep things interesting and simple, it just makes one kind of token, has an ability that can clear the way, and one that can save your creatures and maintain your numbers till you get your swarm emblem online. That's the most interesting combo to me.

I have nothing new or cool to post card-wise. Just not feelin't it tonight, I don't think.
>>
>>48157612
>Also, artifacts with anthems or static effects on them really shouldn't exist unless the set calls for them thematically
I should clarify I mean non-Equipment artifacts by this, though Equipment did kinda completely murder Auras even needing to exist, really.
>>
>>48157788
What about pacifism effects and other negative auras?
Also, last I checked equipment only worked on creatures.
There's also the consideration that you might not want a repeatable effect at a low mana cost.

Agree with all points on the planeswalker, though. Thank you for not sparking Derevi, planeswalker guy.
>>
File: Traverse the Unknown.jpg (93 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Traverse the Unknown.jpg
93 KB, 752x523
>>48155903
Fixed it thanks.
>>
File: Youngster's Phalanx.png (227 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Youngster's Phalanx.png
227 KB, 375x523
My first one, I like simple cards.
I tried to keep it balanced, do you think the mana is over/underpriced ?
>>
>>48158276
The wording's a bit tricky on that. Perhaps something like "At the end of each combat, if ~ blocked, it gets +0/+1.(This effect lasts permanently.)"
>>
File: 564.jpg (125 KB, 620x466) Image search: [Google]
564.jpg
125 KB, 620x466
>>48147677
That guy here.

What do you think of this for the other two abilities?

Nayawalker 3RGW
/+1\: Put up to one land card or creature card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand onto the battlefield.
\-X/: Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature. If X is 3 or more, it gains trample, lifelink, and haste until end of turn.
\-?/: ????
{4}
>>
>>48158171
this seems strong for a ramp spell, lands should come into play tapped or the flip half should only add diamond mana
>>
File: 1467858954330220.png (241 KB, 396x554) Image search: [Google]
1467858954330220.png
241 KB, 396x554
>>
File: 1462852445861700.png (250 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1462852445861700.png
250 KB, 375x523
Thoughts?
>>
File: Youngster's Phalanx.png (226 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Youngster's Phalanx.png
226 KB, 375x523
>>48158315
Thanks mate, I was looking for a more understandable way to say it !

Game wise what do you think about the card ?
>>
File: 1462852972525462.png (252 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1462852972525462.png
252 KB, 375x523
Thought?
>>
File: Time Lapse.jpg (38 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Time Lapse.jpg
38 KB, 375x523
>>48158276
>>48158315
>>48158433
>Whenever ~ blocks, put an age counter on it at end of combat.
>~ gets +0/+1 for each age counter on it.
Technically using counters makes it slightly different from a constant boost but it's way easier to track it this way. Also get MSE.
>>
>>48158433
Game wise, it's kinda weird. Being costed double white fits with vigilance and the effect, but a card gaining a permanent +0/+1 is strange. >>48158449 has a good idea, counters is a good way to keep track of the effect.
>>
File: 1446614002750499 (1).png (238 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1446614002750499 (1).png
238 KB, 375x523
What are the opinions?
>>
File: 1433579699418261 (1).png (278 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1433579699418261 (1).png
278 KB, 375x523
>>
>>48147677
>>48158334
How about
>You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have trample" and "Lands you control have "{T}, Creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn""
>>
File: 1433128710772313.png (255 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1433128710772313.png
255 KB, 375x523
>>
File: 1433129328670470 (1).png (222 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1433129328670470 (1).png
222 KB, 375x523
Think? About card?
>>
>>48158495
you sure have some nice shitposts, m80
>>
File: 1433131567376950.png (222 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1433131567376950.png
222 KB, 375x523
Im not poo posting
>>
File: 1433133851542037 (2).png (243 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
1433133851542037 (2).png
243 KB, 375x523
What is to be said about this?
>>
>>48158461
>Bunga
If you want to put this in, this better be an Un-set. Also, you don't tell people what Bunga tokens are.
>>48158435
Same problem here. Also, flavor text in rules text box.
>>48158495
>>48158483
Black doesn't get Flash, my dude.
>>48158536
Cost in wrong order. Tap goes last.
>>48158525
Black shouldn't get card draw without drawbacks. Stupidly overpowered.
>>
>>48158604
Not him but flash IS tertiary in all colors according to wotc.

See blogatog, dictate of erebos and the primer.
>>
>>48158604
You're an idiot.
>>
>>48156974
Why not "You may play permanent cards from your graveyard."?
It feels weird if it can't get lands back.
>>
>>48158880
Fair enough, I briefly browsed through Gatherer and didn't see any black Flash cards.
>>48158995
You haven't shown us any other Poo Boy creatures.As such, cost that tap ability higher, given it essentially reads "tap target creature". And either cost that tutor ability much higher, or cost the card higher. And, again, flavor text in rules text box.
>>
File: Craig Crongis card.png (179 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
Craig Crongis card.png
179 KB, 375x524
>>48159077
Ponder the Poo
>>48158421

There are more in the works, I'm aiming for a 315 card set.
>>
>>48159193
Ponder the Poo finds a Poo Boy card, sure, but it's not a Poo Boy creature. Neither is that planeswalker, by the way.
Although personally I think Sniff is a bit overpowered as a mechanic. It would be better putting the card into your hand instead of the battlefield, if you had to keep the mechanic.
>>
File: Red Robins Bo Saff2.jpg (37 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Red Robins Bo Saff2.jpg
37 KB, 375x523
The creature that this card is designed to work with has you draw a card when it hits a player.
>>
>>48159193
>159193â–¶>>48159250
>File: Craig Crongis card.png (179 KB, 375x524)
>>>48159077 (You)
>Ponder the Poo
>>>48158421
That planeswalker doesn't work the way you want it too. It essentially has two types, Poo and Boy.
>>
>>48158064
Fortifications bro.
But you're right i was massively tired and didn't think that post through very well regarding the Aura thing. I put all my brain power into the PW feedback. Bit embarrassed about that. Oh well.
>>
File: Amazon Hunting Party.jpg (54 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Amazon Hunting Party.jpg
54 KB, 375x523
Going back to Dragon's Crown for a bit.
>>
File: imprisonedinthemoon.jpg (44 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
imprisonedinthemoon.jpg
44 KB, 265x370
Hey Maro, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>48160876
>They imprison Emrakul in the moon
oh wow such a creative story what a surprise absolutely nobody saw this coming
>>
>>48160876
shit story, sick design. I love the card.
>>
>>48160893
I'm still kinda mad about Maro bitching about Song of the Dryads. Seeing this card kinda pisses me off.

>>48160885
Actually, I didn't. I thought they were going to kill off Emrakul. Though this just makes it worse, since it shows that Wizards could've resolved Battle for Zendikar without killing Ulamog and Kozilek, but specifically chose not to. Also, is it just me, or would it have been a much better idea to swap the placement of the SOI and BFZ blocks? I mean... it was no surprise what was going to happen on Innistrad. Would've been cool to see Emrakul pop out of nowhere, instead of having it telegraphed so hard they practically mailed everyone their entire story for SOI in advance. I still find it hilarious that Wizards thinks Kozilek popping out of the ground in OGW was some huge twist nobody saw coming.
>>
>>48160966
>I'm still kinda mad about Maro bitching about Song of the Dryads.

He was right to.
>>
File: Youngster's Phalanx.jpg (38 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Youngster's Phalanx.jpg
38 KB, 375x523
>>48158449
>>48158458
Got MSE, and yeah counters are definitely better.
>>
>>48160966
>Actually, I didn't.
>The Helvault is made of the moon
>The set is called Eldritch Moon
>Emrakul is in the set
Y'all gotta step it up with your self-spoiler game. That shit was obvious as fuck.

At any rate,

>swap the placement of the SOI and BFZ blocks?
I agree. In literature, there's foreshadowing which can be good, and then there is being so blunt with your story that you could club seals with it. These last few sets have had absolutely garbage writing.
>>
File: Filtering Moss.jpg (46 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Filtering Moss.jpg
46 KB, 375x523
>>
>>48161061
Use 'that much" instead of "the same amount".
>>
File: Crumbling Elemental.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Crumbling Elemental.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Screw the rules, I make them.png (34 KB, 736x590) Image search: [Google]
Screw the rules, I make them.png
34 KB, 736x590
>>48161013
Sorry, let me back up. It's not just him complaining about the card that got me, it was him dismissing precedence in Utopia Vow by saying it didn't count because it was from Planar Chaos. But then he'll use Pongify to justify Curse of the Swine and Reality Shift, despite Pongify being from Planar Chaos too. It's really the hypocrisy that pisses me off about SotD. Oh, and how he says Pongify totes isn't creature removal because it's really just turning a creature into another creature. Yeah, sure. I want to see him justify Swords as not creature removal but "lifegain conversion" or some shit.
>>
File: Filtering Moss.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Filtering Moss.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
>>48161082
Better indeed.
>>
File: Mind Detour.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mind Detour.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Ken Troop.png (314 KB, 510x700) Image search: [Google]
Ken Troop.png
314 KB, 510x700
>>48161053
>That shit was obvious as fuck.
The thing is, I wasn't thinking of that because I just thought they were going to kill Emrakul. If I didn't think that, yeah, that probably would've been my natural conclusion too.

>These last few sets have had absolutely garbage writing.
Yes. And as long as they keep treating the Gatewatch as the Avengers, it's going to continue going downhill. I just want to slap creative (or whoever does stories) around in the face a few times and tell them just how monumentally retarded they're being.
>>
>>48161085
Magic doesn't do unbalanced counters anymore. Not sure what you'd replace it with, but otherwise I love the card.
>>48161132
This has a keyword, it's Fateseal.
>>
File: Pain Reveler.jpg (38 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Pain Reveler.jpg
38 KB, 375x523
>>
>>48161112
>Whenever combat damage is dealt to ~, you gain that much life.
Damage is never "taken" it is "dealt to"
>>
>>48161150
Please stop posting cards until after you start looking at actual Magic cards. This wording is terrible. Here are resources

http://magiccards.info/
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx

Go.
>>
>>48161192
My bad, it's kinda hard to use the right the wording when you're not a native.
>>
File: Henriettas Dolls.jpg (52 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Henriettas Dolls.jpg
52 KB, 375x523
>>48161267
Oh, fine.
>Pain Reveler enters the battlefield tapped and doesn't untap during your untap step.
Notice "your" untap step. Because who else but you is going to control it? Also notice the contraction.
>Whenever a source you control deals damage to you, untap Pain Reveler.
Again, damage is only "dealt" or "prevented" not inflicted or taken.
>>
>>48161108
Rapid Hybridization means Pongify is no longer the relevant precedence to criticize.
>>
>>48161320
Changed it thanks for the tips.
>>
File: Research Assistance.png (247 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Research Assistance.png
247 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Spellsling Land 1.jpg (51 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Spellsling Land 1.jpg
51 KB, 375x523
Is this card broken or just heavily pushed?
>>
File: Spellsling Land 2.jpg (47 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Spellsling Land 2.jpg
47 KB, 375x523
>>48162837
And if it is broken, then is this a suitable replacement?
>>
File: fortunesfavor.jpg (38 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
fortunesfavor.jpg
38 KB, 265x370
>>48162670
Response to Fortune's Favor?
>>
>>48162886
You can take the 3 decent cards, or you can take the one in the mystery box!
I love this card. It's a test of "how bad can we make Fact or Fiction before it's unplayable."
>>
>>48162913
I've never used Fact or Fiction or any of its variants, so I always have a hard time telling what's good and what's not. I have to say though, just the idea of using face-down piles like this I think is interesting.
>>
File: Shyama Misra.png (212 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Shyama Misra.png
212 KB, 375x523
>>48159058
Changed it to play.

>>48150565
Not sure what to do either. I bumped her starting loyalty down to 2.
>>
>>48163069
Okay, I really like where this is going, but as is it's just a demonic tutor that costs 6 life.
Make it a 4 cost, change the first ability to only lose life during upkeep, and make the last ability not cost life.
>>
>>48163483
>>48163069
Actually, make the middle a static loss of life. I think 1 or 2.
>>
File: LilianaEternal.png (1017 KB, 750x1056) Image search: [Google]
LilianaEternal.png
1017 KB, 750x1056
>>
File: Sulra the Wildborn.png (1009 KB, 750x1056) Image search: [Google]
Sulra the Wildborn.png
1009 KB, 750x1056
>>
>>48162837
This has Electromancer's effect at the cost of entering tapped. That's fuckin' crazy. There are duel-lands that just enter tapped and only produce R/U with no other effect.
>>
>>48164184
Feels really strong. I'd like it if the +2 either only made 1 token max, or only gave +1. Otherwise it could result in a lot of tempo and value.
Also you should make the +2 optional through the wording as it's wonky to have mandatory effects on +s

>>48164306
The emblem is really creative and I like it. Feels fair for the price. Everything is solid. I was iffy on the -3 but beig a 6 walker makes it fine.
>>
>>48164501
The +2 being a +2 is to offset the fact she starts with fairly low loyalty for a 6 mana walker, and the fact it could miss completely means she's not always particularly safe. I don't think it really needs to be optional though. Consider Living Guildpact for example. You're going to be carving away at your library, but you can always do it on an empty board, which is really the only concern.

I think it would be up to testing but the +2 could possibly go down to milling two cards.
>>
>>48164407
Alright then is version 2 (>>48162844) alright?
What if version 1 also deals 1 damage to you to tap for mana?
>>
File: Spellsling Land 3.jpg (52 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Spellsling Land 3.jpg
52 KB, 375x523
>>48165110
>>48164407
So would this be better?
Or should I go with 2? >>48162844
>>
File: Traverse the Unknown.jpg (92 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Traverse the Unknown.jpg
92 KB, 752x523
>>48158342
better?
>>
>>48165497
Newfound should be gold because it can be tapped to produce mana of any color. Also, is that the symbol for creatures in the top-left?
>>
>>48165497
to be honest, I don't care for invoke. It looks really inelegant and the dfc frame is just used to cram more text onto the card.
>>
>>48165768
Not the designer, but I disagree. People have been trying to make a "instants and sorceries that become permanents" ability for a while, and I feel that this is a really elegant way to fill that design space.
>>
File: Dwarven Recruits.jpg (91 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Dwarven Recruits.jpg
91 KB, 752x523
>>48165556
Thanks.

>>48165768
True there is alot more text on these cards.
>>
>>48165768
>>48165804
The problem here is that he's utilizing it very poorly. The sides are disjointed and don't feel like they make sense together.

The concept itself is reasonably elegant, but the cards very much aren't.
>>
>>48165838
>>48166074
Yes, I would recommend the designer stick to the "Spellshaper" idea another anon mentioned earlier. I really liked that freeze spell that invoked into a creature that could freeze repeatedly.

Like with this Dwarf one, I'd have the front give an effect and the back repeat it. Like, having the dwarf on the back put tokens onto the field when it attacks.
>>
>>48166074
I read the flavor of the ramp spell as the sorcery side being representative of the search for the land displayed on the flip side. Like a cause-and-effect kinda thing. I thought it meshed flavor and mechanics relatively well, since the sorcery has you literally search for lands.
>>
>>48166185
I agree, that kind of flavor connection would make the cards feel better. Time anon did something like that with the suspend flip cards that I really liked, maybe take a look at those, invoke anon.
>>
File: Priestess of the Web.png (265 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Priestess of the Web.png
265 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Dwarven Recruits.jpg (96 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Dwarven Recruits.jpg
96 KB, 752x523
>>48166185
Better?

>>48166306
That is what I was going for with Traverse the Unknown.
>>
>>48165497
Not sure I like how you're having Invoke handle things.

It should be cast as the permanent side if you invoke it. Otherwise it gets awkward if it's copied.
>>
>>48166892
It doesn't get awkward, the copy ceases to exist after resolving and the invoke ability fails.

>>48166832
You might want to make it a little more explicit and just say
>You may cast this from your hand for its invoke cost. If you do, put it onto the battlefield transformed as it resolves.
>>
File: Alpha Petroglyph.jpg (37 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Petroglyph.jpg
37 KB, 375x523
Posting a few interesting cards from my Muraganda set for feedback. Currently the set is in the final phase of tweaking cards to support limited archetypes. Limited testing begins soon.
>>
File: Gorgons Glare.jpg (70 KB, 752x523) Image search: [Google]
Gorgons Glare.jpg
70 KB, 752x523
>>48166949
>You may cast this from your hand for its invoke cost. If you do, put it onto the battlefield transformed as it resolves.
Fixed.
>>
File: dual lands.jpg (414 KB, 1141x1083) Image search: [Google]
dual lands.jpg
414 KB, 1141x1083
u/w is too good?
>>
>>48167545
WU is also mostly better than the BR one. You could make it WU prevents a creature from attacking to mirror the BR land.

UB is way more W/B than blue.
>>
File: Mantis Imitator.png (310 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Mantis Imitator.png
310 KB, 375x523
>>
>>48167465
These should be costed at a premium since it's two-in-one (and some at instant speed). Either the front half costs more than usual, or the Invoke cost is over the curve for the creature (+ the spell's cost).

Being more color heavy is an easier way to do it without making them too high CMC. Higher rarities would get more cost value as usual though.
>>
>>48167465
>black common creature with flash
>>
File: Riverway Lurker.png (232 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Riverway Lurker.png
232 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Sharptooth the Tyrant.jpg (35 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Sharptooth the Tyrant.jpg
35 KB, 375x523
>>48167616
Right now I changed it to give a creature flying
>>
File: Soldier Bee.png (263 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Soldier Bee.png
263 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Spider Guide.png (307 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Spider Guide.png
307 KB, 375x523
>>
>>48168209
Aren't spiders typically green/black?
>>
>>48168250
Seconded. I'm fine with red getting some sweet sweet reach, but I think spiders are too iconically GB.
>>
>>48168250
Looks like the idea is you're wearing a Needlepeak Spider.
>>
>>48168250
There are actually more red spiders than black.
>>
File: Wavecrest Geoshaper.png (245 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Wavecrest Geoshaper.png
245 KB, 375x523
I wish this ability was green.
>>
>>48168682
If you want this to be repeatable, the first target should be nonbasic. Otherwise it's too easy to turn all your opponent's lands into islands.
>>
File: Wavecrest Geoshaperv2.png (247 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Wavecrest Geoshaperv2.png
247 KB, 375x523
>>48168713
Whoops, forgot the duration clause.
>>
File: Stone Chewer.png (265 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Stone Chewer.png
265 KB, 375x523
>>
>>48167933
I love it.

>>48168209
Fine card, but I'd be disappointed to see "Spider Guide" printed and not be green.

>>48168752
Needs interesting lands in the format to make this interesting.
>>
>>48168752
Combos with dark depths.
>>
>>48169098
There are already so many things that combo with Dark Depths that we shouldn't have to worry about making lesser options.
>>
>>48168293
In addition to what >>48168426 said, I'd like to add that there are also more white spiders then black. I think the GB idea comes from that most spider tokens are black. However, there is only one black spider, and it is green as well as black (Nyx Weaver).
>>
>>48169221
>>48169098
Oh I know. I just thought it was worth mentioning. Dark depths is too easy to combo with to design around it.
>>
>>48169230
>I think the GB idea comes from that most spider tokens are black.
Nah. Other than Penumbra Spider, all the spider tokens are green. It's probably due to the huge popularity of Spider Spawning, which went in G/B decks.
>>
File: Scrap Wurm.png (233 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Scrap Wurm.png
233 KB, 375x523
>>
>>48169322
No doubt it's because of Spawning. Though I do hope it causes Wizards to make more Black Spiders in the future.

Hey, I never did a CO card for Black Spider.
>>
File: Aven Raincaller.png (249 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Aven Raincaller.png
249 KB, 375x523
>>
>>48169625
The ability is RG on a W/U creature.
I don't really mind R trying to generate mana through combat, but it seems like something U should have no part of.
>>
File: SorinUpset.png (1 MB, 750x1056) Image search: [Google]
SorinUpset.png
1 MB, 750x1056
>>
>>48170007

So it is a R ability on a U creature. How is it not a gold card?
>>
>>48170087
By "no part" I mean it seems wrong to be generating blue mana especially without some green influence.
>>
>>48170166
Red can get away with it. It's gotten a few Any Color cards like Manamorphose, even if they're usually hybrid with Green.
>>
>>48170221
Are you colorblind? His problem is with Blue, not Red.

Also, most of the early hybrid cards aren't very good examples of hybrid, something Maro has pointed out.
>>
>>48170221
Which is why I said I don't mind it, but I feel like red's generating abilities should be restricted to only generating red mana, especially if it's without green.
>>
>>48170258
>His problem is with Blue, not Red.

Yeah, but that's not a real problem. If Red can do something and a card is both Red and Blue, then it doesn't matter even a little bit that Blue is on the card. Blue is not contributing to the thing Red is doing, Blue just happens to be there alongside it.

If someone had a spell that was WR that destroys an enchantment and deals damage to an opponent, you don't need to mention that Red can't destroy enchantments.
>>
>>48170258
>>48170262
Mardu Warshrieker is a recent example of red fixing colors without green. Burning Tree Emissary is another, though it is R/G hybrid.
>>
File: Crows Bane.png (267 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Crows Bane.png
267 KB, 375x523
>>
>>48170299
Even UG cards have practically nonexistent mana generation. Generating colored mana just isn't something I think a blue card should be able to do and thus far, neither does Wizards.
>>
>>48170615
RUG Sarkhan, Kiora's Follower, Plasm Capture?
>>
>>48170670
As I said, practically nonexistent. And those are green cards for who generating mana is almost their primary attribute.
>>
>>48170852
So to dredge up an old argument, red's not allowed to get redirects because that's also practically nonexistent? Are we only allowed to design things that are already available in abundance?
>>
>>48170615
It doesn't matter if it's a blue card.

Again, if someone had a spell that was WR that destroys an enchantment and deals damage to an opponent, you don't need to mention that Red can't destroy enchantments.

It does not matter what a color can't do if another color on the same card can do it. This isn't a hybrid spell.
>>
>>48170896
>>48170898
We are also talking about red generating mana by itself, which in itself is already a rare and recent occurrence. By itself, I don't believe red is strong enough to be generating blue mana as well.
I don't have much problem with red generating its own mana, the problem is generating other mana without green assistance.
>>
>>48170970
But Red has shown that it can make mana of it's card's colors. See Mardu Warshrieker.

Would it be any better if it was "Whenever ~ attacks, the next instant you cast this turn costs UR less to cast" because it's spellslinging, which is a more firmly UR effect?
>>
>>48171000
>>48170970
Plus, >>48169625 does a terrible job of fixing your colors, since you already need to have blue and red to cast it.
>>
File: Flesh Hive.png (273 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Flesh Hive.png
273 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Samurai Battlebot.png (269 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Battlebot.png
269 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Asura Guardian.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Asura Guardian.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
I keep wanting to put another ability that scales with how equipped it is, but unsure of power levels.

>>48171072
This is cool.
>>
File: Vedalken Skyknight.png (263 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Vedalken Skyknight.png
263 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Esper Renegade.png (287 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Esper Renegade.png
287 KB, 375x523
>>
File: Anton Arcane2.jpg (59 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Anton Arcane2.jpg
59 KB, 375x523
For some reason, I've been really intrigued by Grim Flayer.

>>48171063
Oh, I made something like this. Except it put a -1/-1 counter on the creature on your upkeep, but it spawned insects the same way. I think.

>>48171072
Now do a Ninja Battlebot.

>>48171100
Uh... Firstest strike based on number of equipment attached?

>>48171282
Eh... while I know granting another instance of Exalted works technically, it does seem a bit odd. Meh, can't think of a better way to word it. And it does seem interesting.

>>48171309
Intriguing. Though you could probably get rid of Blue here and still make it work. But that's just me hating on tri-color.
>>
File: RR01 Devoted Defender.jpg (52 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
RR01 Devoted Defender.jpg
52 KB, 375x523
Just riffing off of something one of you lot did last week, and altering the flavor to fit into my Set of Bad Ideas.
>>
>>48171000
It certainly feels more right than generating any-use mana.
>>
File: Asura Guardian2.jpg (53 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Asura Guardian2.jpg
53 KB, 375x523
>>48171385
>Uh... Firstest strike based on number of equipment attached?
This is a weird ability, but seems cool. Check my wording, because it's probably awful and I was trying to not do a "where X is..." style because that takes too many words.

>>48171429
It's functionally Instants and Abilities only, because it only sticks around until the end of combat, barring Flash.
>>
>>48171385
Bretty good synergy here between the sift and the counter abilities. Dare I say you are getting more complex with your cards, COanon.

>>48171309
I keep looking at this, liking it, but thinking it should be in Sultai colors.

>>48171282
I agree seeing a keywords repeat itself on a card is odd, but that's mostly because they tend not to "stack" so oddballs like Exalted and Flanking look strange when you stack them.

>>48171100
COanon is onto something here.

>>48171072
Other than the slight oddness of it being an insect, this is pretty durn cool.

>>48171063
I would rather see this kill the enchanted creature slowly somehow, either making tokens as it does or a bunch all at once when it dies.
>>
>>48171385
That second ability is blue. Green is not allowed to filter for instants/sorcs, and black has you pay life. That aside, there's some good synergy here though the deathtouch seems tacked on - a 4/5 that gets huge doesn't need it.
>>
>>48171536
>the second ability is blue
Green is actually capable of fetching any kind of card from the graveyard back to your hand, so it's fine in BG.
>>
>>48171561
>Green is actually capable of fetching any kind of card from the graveyard back to your hand
Good thing it's not returning cards from the graveyard then.
>>
>>48171471
Hmm... Well, firstest strike combined with DStrike seems excessive. Maybe downgrade to FStrike. And I'm not really sure on making this thing the ultimate defender that there ever was either. Maybe...
>Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by one or more creatures, you may have ~ deal X damage to one of those creatures, where X is the number of Equipment attached to it.
So it just doesn't blast away everything it blocks.

>>48171536
Hmm... hmm, hmm, hmm... Well, I want it to mill, but be more than just... mill. Mill and recur? Ooh, like Corpse Churn. Becuase I had an idea to use Grisly Salvage, but getting a creature card didn't help Anton. I think I'm going with mill and recur then.
>>
>>48170373
Where did you get this art from?
It's gorgeous.
>>
>>48171585
You're right, it's not, I was working on another card that DOES do that and had a big fat derp. Green can reveal the top card to get creatures and lands, and black can do it for any card for a life cost. I wonder at combining them to do it for no life cost in BG. The color pairs seem to have their own identities these days, aside from what each color can do, like BG's specific permanent destroying abilities, etc. It's "new" as far as that goes, and honestly I don't know if I ever see WotC doing something like that, but they decide that colors get shit that surprises me all the time, so who knows. Honestly, it probably should be done a bit differently, thinking about it more. I dunno how though. Self-mill then GY to hand? It could work where you reveal to the first creature, put those cards in the yard, then recur whatever card you want from said yard per Green's ability to do that, to make what I said like an idiot actually pertinent.
>>
File: crow_queen_by_tahra-d9jfv56.jpg (347 KB, 550x770) Image search: [Google]
crow_queen_by_tahra-d9jfv56.jpg
347 KB, 550x770
>>48171663
>>
>>48171783
Thank.
>>
>>48143428
Charity? I was thinking of cards that actually help your opponent but screws them over once you sent out so many or decided to attack the opponent.
>>
>>48171815
Life isn't the only measure of power.
>>
File: One-Two Punch.png (291 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
One-Two Punch.png
291 KB, 375x523
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 115

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.