[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright. My local games workshop store is almost all tau players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 7982464345_de8cfcbbf0_b.jpg (152 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
7982464345_de8cfcbbf0_b.jpg
152 KB, 700x520
Alright. My local games workshop store is almost all tau players with a single chaos player.

Myself and a friend are imperial guard and we've got a militarum tempestus player that may be joining us.

Could we win fighting three different tau players?
>>
>>48140325
FOR THE GREATER GOOD
FOR THE GREATER GOOD
FOR THE GREATER GOOD
>>
>>48140325
Almost all tau players. Must be rather boring tau fightin each other.
Can you win. yes, definitly.
Will it be hard. Maybe.
If the tau lists are too strong, ask them to tone it down, it should be in their interest to have not-tau on the tables.

you can always remodel your Imperial Guard into Gue'lla Guard for the Tau Empire
>>
play a milita and cults list from 30k or a solar aux list use arvus landers rather than chimeras and just keep moving. you will win.
>>
>>48140325
You can, just make sure to play up your army's strengths to the max, and I advise bringing the Guard formations from Mont'ka if you can. Tau and Guard are roughly equal when it comes to firepower, but the Guard's main advantages over Tau come in the forms of artillery, numbers, and superheavy access. I would advise having you and your Guard friend relying on these two in tandem to keep the Tau suppressed/distracted while your Tempestus friend takes objectives.

>Artillery
Tau have no barrage weapons and everything that's not a seeker missile needs line of sight. You could bring a ton of artillery, give them all camo netting, hide them behind buildings and such, and provide fire support for your Tempestus friend to take objectives.

>Numbers
Obviously, Tau can't afford to throw away men like the Guard can. Bringing some max-size platoons to soak up fire is a good way to keep Tau busy.

>Superheavies
Guard have the best access to these in the game, and Tau don't have any D weapons outside of the Stormsurge (and even then, they're limited).
>>
File: (40K) Tau Alliance.png (852 KB, 1250x2820) Image search: [Google]
(40K) Tau Alliance.png
852 KB, 1250x2820
>>48140325
Take inspiration.
>>
>>48142938
Also are the tau awful at close combat, or is that just a meme?
>>
>>48143015
The suits are almost okay at CC but they're wasted there. Charging a pair of tau lines sux though.
>>
>>48140325
As in 2v3?
>>
>>48143015
Tau are probably the worst army at melee. The problem is that if anything wants to charge them it has to get to them, and that means eating overwatch, plus whatever their supporting units can dish out.
>>
>>48140325
If you could share what the tau players bring, we can help you figure out a good list. Otherwise, >>48142938 has hit the basic important stuff
>>
>>48140325
How many wyverns do you have?
>>
>>48140325
>>almost all tau
>>3 tau players
>>1 chaos
>>2 guard

WEW

FUCKING

LAD

any excuse to complain about the weaboos on a weaboo board though right.

BTW that's 50 precent. No where in the world of intelligent conversation does 50%=almost all of anything.
>>
File: 1457587212048.jpg (118 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
1457587212048.jpg
118 KB, 640x718
>>48149699
I almost took the bait, but no one is this stupid.
>>
>>48140325
Well Id suggest just staying away from a GW thats full of Tau players. Sounds straight up awful, and not playing at all is literally a better option than associating with them.
>>
>>48140658
>If the tau lists are too strong, ask them to tone it down

Beahahahahahaha! Yeah right. I'm guessing you either play with seasoned vets in a club, or not at all. Because the average Tau player is not going to tone his list down so you can have fun.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.