[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wisdom is a measure of common sense >it's the prime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: chinese mickey mouse.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
chinese mickey mouse.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
>wisdom is a measure of common sense
>it's the prime stat of clerics
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>48129912
It's common sense to believe in gods in a universe where they exist, anon.
>>
>>48129912
What's the problem? Would you have them use int?
>>
Clerics interact with beings that can and have wiped out entire civilizations in an afternoon.

The ones that lack common sense get pruned from the herd very quickly.
>>
File: coyote.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
coyote.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
What would you prefer to be the primary stat for clerics, OP?
>>
>>48129912
I mean, SOMEONE has to use Wis as their base stat or it might as well not be in the game.
>>
File: tips fedora.png (37 KB, 796x795) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.png
37 KB, 796x795
>>
>>48130129
Strength that their faith gives them
>>
File: Templar Mass.jpg (823 KB, 2030x1222) Image search: [Google]
Templar Mass.jpg
823 KB, 2030x1222
>>48129912
Holy men generally have a reputation as wise. Think St. Augustine, or the classic "wise priest," like Book from Firefly.

>feeding the troll

I know, I'm just doing this on the off-chance that he's not one.
>>
>>48129912
It's also mental fortitude and strength of soul, so it fits.

CHA would probably be better, at least for certain kinda of clerics, but otherwise it's the only mental stat that makes sense
>>
>forgetting about the pastoral duty of priests who were generally the most learned men in most villages
If you had a university or lived in a big town you could get book learning from elsewhere, but otherwise your local priest would be the one sharing remedies and new farming techniques and giving out general life advice and guidance.
>>
>>48129912
I can forgive you for spamming the same threads over and over again, but using a meme from 2015 is something I can't let slide.
>>
File: beer-monks[1].jpg (203 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
beer-monks[1].jpg
203 KB, 600x400
>>48129912
>Spend your days far away from normies brewing beer and taking care of animals
>Realize that bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks so practice celibacy
>Instead of doing backbreaking labor or getting involved in lethal politics, write bible fanfiction and read dank latin poems about dicks and mouthrape (why is Catullus so based?)
>Normies RESPECT you for this
How are medieval monks anything other than brilliant?
>>
>>48129912
In the old days, there was no hard and fast dividing line between philosophy and theology. Philosophers tended to be theologians and vice versa. Similarly, magic and miracles flowed into each other, at least before Christianity took pains to distinguish the two (and in the dark ages, Christianity was more just like good magic in its portrayal). So look up the definition of--and synonyms for--"wise man" and you'll get everything from astrologers, magicians and witch doctors to philosophers and sages. So you're really just approaching "holy man" from two different directions. And hell, just examine the multiple meanings of the word "clerical".
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.