[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the country of North America was somehow teleported to a standard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
If the country of North America was somehow teleported to a standard fantasy world, what would be the immediate repercussions? Would they be able to keep the Internet going? Would schools have to teach Dwarvish and Elvish?
>>
>>48126755
>what would be the immediate repercussions
Everyone would be confused.
Lots of people would panic and riot and die because confusion is scary and scary people are idiots. Religious nutters would start calling the apocalypse happening.
>Would they be able to keep the Internet going?
It wouldn't be as expansive as it is now since only the parts in the US would exist.
>Would schools have to teach Dwarvish and Elvish?
Most schools don't even HAVE to teach SPANISH, and there's a LOT of Spanish speakers in the country.
>>
>>48126755
This site never ceases to destroy my faith in humanity.
>>
>>48126826
Well about the internet...
Seeing how most of the 1st world relies on imports, the infrastructure would probably collapse for a while- untill contanct with the locals can be made
>>
File: 1397455557318.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
1397455557318.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>48126755
>North America
>country
>>
>>48126755
>country of North America
>>
File: Watching_The_News.png (27 KB, 243x300) Image search: [Google]
Watching_The_News.png
27 KB, 243x300
>>48126858
Found a pic for you
>>
[Democracy intensifies]

And suddenly a masochistic middle eastern jewish hippie is the most powerful deity in setting
>>
>>48126952
>human
>>
>>48126755
>the country of North America
>>
>>48126998
>>48126952
Fuck, meant

>humon
>>
>>48126755

The "country" of North America ONLY exists in fantasy you fucking mong.
>>
>>48126755
Everything reliant on satellites glitches out, weeks to months are spent with multiple layers of bureaucratic tangles as tech is retrofitted to work with land lines, GPS is lost, a great tech race ensues to either be the first providers of satellite services in the new world or replace the infrastructure.

Definite mass exodus of amateur anthropologists trying to study demi-humans. A lot of them get scammed. Some get slaved. More people than needed die to provide shock and awe tactics against who ever took ours from us. Many immigrants frustrated by inability to understand technology, despite complete openness of civilians on its workings, as the lay person only has surface understanding of these principles.

Technology is seen as just another form of magic, if surprisingly usable by commoners. 'Scientist' is taken as word for wizards specializing in the arrangement of matter to do their bidding without their will.

Religious conversion takes place. Christians attempt to ape clerics in order to perform miracles in name of God (whether this works depends on the setting). Atheists and agnostics do not all convert, but some do. Conscientious objectors towards religion go from stating there is no proof of any gods, since now there is, to stating those gods which exist do not automatically deserve worship, which they may or may not.
>>
>>48127001
>>48126906
>>48126904

is that joke to old now or is it just that summer in here?

You would probobly get a GATE like scenario only instead of jap racism and an autistic level of operation when functioning as the primary political and military power, you get good old American racism and a military and political stance that just wants everyone to get along but then is blamed for everything anyway... And fireworks.
>>
>>48126755
Post more american monstergirls.
>>
File: image.jpg (573 KB, 1157x1680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
573 KB, 1157x1680
well food/fuel isn't going to be too much of an issue, with the strategic reserves doting the US, not to mention the stocks that Mexico and Canada have, seeing as you said North America.

Fuck some people might not even notice until we try to contact another country/ a dragon wants to check out the fuck was going on, only to probably blown the fuck out by a few middles in the resulting panic.

I'd say the main issue would be the initial panic, then America getting their hands on magic and trying to finally rule a planet(God bless the US, hail archwizard Obama)
>>
>>48127116
No
>>
>>48127101
>you get good old American racism
But Anon, we elected Black Osama, so racism is over now and stuff, go America, four more beers, woo!
>>
Since the criminal element of the U.S. came as well, and since the sex slave industry has mostly Hispanic women being sold into prostitution for white Americans:

ELF SLAVE, YOU DO (for six gil)
>>
>>48127120
>hail archwizard Obama
Ahem. The proper term for a mage who hold political office is either Witch-King or Grand Wizard. All hail Grand Wizard Barack Obama!
>>
>>48126755
Serious reply

Effectively all overseas trade would dissapear, without international shipping there would be a famine, many would starve, money would become effectively worthless as the complex international economy no longer exists. All overseas forces would be lost and without access to gasoline and chemical deposits the American military would grind to a halt.

Those willing to leave the dying nation would diaspora into the surrounding feudal nations. The unprecedented number of refugees would destroy the surrounding nations who would be unable to cope with the strain of a massive population influx on a medieval agricultural system.

Local monsters would feed on the refugees causing an unprecedented boom in monster numbers who would likely migrate to other nations further away.

Decades later the area is still a quagmire of warring feudal states and American remenants.

A century later the area begins to stabilise, American culture has been lost as the survivors integrate into the native population. American cities become ruins inhabited by risen dead, ghosts and the odd Dragon. America as a nation is dead.

TLDR everyone starves, those who don't starve are refugees who integrate into the local cultures
>>
>>48127157
Thank you anon I got a good giggle out of that one.
>>
Oh god, I just thought of the worst possible scenario: Munchkins and murderhobos get their hands on an actual, working magic system to game the shit out of.

Fuck, I can't conceptualize gluons well enough to tranform a rock into a big pile of them, but I'd sure as shit back the Kickstarter to bribe a theoretical physicist into doing the work for me. Just to see what happens
>>
>>48127120
>archwizard Obama

If the US winds up in Golarion that's exactly what would happen too. Paizo having made their not!Africa the source of all wisdom and knowledge, and home to the Greatest Wizard Evar!!1! after all.
>>
File: image.gif (961 KB, 245x213) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
961 KB, 245x213
>>48127166
Lmao this retard doesn't know about the strategic reserves of food and fuel, not to mention we Still have the capability to produce food and fuel.

Though I do realize this was just you taking the excuse to shit on America given the topic.
>>
>>48126755
Extincting of everything because a fuckhuge continent just impacted.
>>
File: bueno....jpg (137 KB, 641x534) Image search: [Google]
bueno....jpg
137 KB, 641x534
We try to make half elves, half halflings. half dwarves, half orcs, half dragons, half everything.

For science of course.
>>
>>48127196
The thing is, all of Golarion's "good" societies are literally all economically-unsustainable security nightmares.
You're talking about a company that believes a woman having more than two children is a "broodmare," and thus immoral. You're talking about a company that has their gods/goddesses of fertility approve of homosexual unions without any children.

If actual real-life humans were there to observe and measure the effects of these disastrous policies, those societies would collapse in a single fucking month.
>>
>>48127215
While the US manufactures enough food to feed itself, it doesn't actually grow enough to feed this industry. You're not going to last unless most farmers do a 180 and start growing different crops.
And you're forgetting you'd also have to deal with Mexicans and Canadians. And if what's under the land didn't come with the US, you're going to lack fuel real fast.
>>
>>48127265
Mate, California alone could feed most of the US, iirc.
>>
>>48127215
in fairness the level of hardship the country would face would be absurd. Society might very well collapse thus making the strategic reserves moot.

that said honestly "the country and her people dies" is boring. It's been done a gorrilion times. The Postman is probably a good example of "we almost held the line but failed"

so for the sake of the argument lets say north america, All the US Territories, complete with Canada and Mexico along for the ride pop into a standard fantasy setting.

Mexico is probably the most fucked considering the level of corruption present in that country. Canada and USA manage to hold together and ration their resources so they can convert over to a new economy that doesn't depend on global exchange.

(and honestly a lot of countries depend on global trade for their food and fuel supply) Gasoline would become rare seeing a rise in the use of horses, bicycles, and so on.

For the sake of argument I'm going to say Canada and America get their shit together, Mexico has some issues but gets help.

What the three countries REALLY need is a threat from an enemy power.

Something something the fated hero fails to defeat the dark necromancer who wants to usher in 10000 years of darkness. Wish spell goes awry. North America enters the scene.
>>
>>48127224
I think it's implicitly understood there was an equal dispersal of matter in the other direction, as that puts a minimum impact on the overall environment, and allows us to focus on societal issues over geographic ones.

Huh. Actually, that explanation means there is now a large tract of ocean populated by magical species in the gap where America used to be. Right next to the Bermuda triangle...
>>
>>48127157
Personally, I think zombie Lincoln would have been the better choice for office, but whatever.

Still, Obama reincarnating bin Laden into a Turkey over and over again on Thanksgiving was kinda neat.
>>
>>48127265
Mexico grows a lot of corn and Canada is friendly enough with the US that things can easily work out.
>>
>>48127253
I'm sorry, how would those societies collapse within a month?
>>
>>48127265
honestly the USA literally keeps strategic reserves of certain crop seeds in case some bizarre crap happens that requires a suddenly requires a 180 flip in agricultural approaches. We've already seen a volcano cause an global winter so "and then suddenly the whole world is different" isn't exactly planned on but endurable.

Canada has its shit together as well as, if not better than the US and their agricultural industry is no slouch.

The USA has long standing trade agreements to help keep mexican citizens fed because the last thing anyone wants is a sudden influx of mexican refugees trying to escape a plague.

honestly you're underestimating modern agricultural techniques here. yeah the switch over would be a serious bitch but it's hardly an unlikely outcome that the USA and Canada and MExico would work together to prevent famine.
>>
File: 1414362517279.png (1 MB, 801x975) Image search: [Google]
1414362517279.png
1 MB, 801x975
>>48127166

I am not even American and I know the US is almost self sufficient when it comes to food.

Fuel and mineral resources extraction would take a hit but it would hardly be an end of civilization tier event. It would just mean those mineral and oil deposits deemed too expensive to mine and extract are now viable again.

That is if a major effort to explore and exploit the untouched resources of the new world don't start, since the entire landmass of the United States still has factories, mineral mines, farms, colleges and 310 million people to support it.

The strongest effect the entire US would feel would be the drop in living standards from being cut from cheaper consumer goods and commodities bought from the rest of the world.

Besides, /tg/ has been through several what if scenarios where the US ends up in fantasy world and crunched the numbers around modern technology versus magic.

Magic doesn't stand a chance against modern forces, specially when you put things like high altitude bombers, drones and stand off and non-line of sight weaponry in the question.

Also NUKES. THOUSANDS OF THEM.
>>
>>48127253
>You're talking about a company that believes a woman having more than two children is a "broodmare," and thus immoral.
I love how people are still worried about global overpopulation and mass starvation when two children per marriage is already considered easily enough for your average family, and only lower-class families commonly get 3+ children. That's only going to accelerate within the next couple generations as the boomers start dying off and a peaceful global dieback kicks in. Then in 40 or 50 years we'll be the old cancerous fucks holding up the promotional ladders and refusing to die and controlling politics because there's more of than there are young people. Unless robots take all our jerbs first.
>>
>>48127299
We still have hydrogen bombs, right? Maybe we wound up there from a gate to pull forth "The People of the Stillborn Sun".
>>
>>48127319
Still talking biological disaster of mass global extinction levels. An entire continent's worth of invasive species, diseases nobody's ever been subjected to, the effect of temperatureon global climate (unless the two places had the exact same temperature), the effect of geography on global climate.
>>
>>48127215

Do you really think those reserves are to protect you XD. Those reserves are for key political and military use in the short term not to feed entire populations for years of transitioning to a post apocalyptic scenario. The key assumption for them is that most people will be dead in such a scenario.

Keep believing the propaganda though, I'm sure it'd save you in an apocalypse
>>
Why does nobody talk about what the sudden influx of modern weapon and technology does to the neighboring nations and how it will change War for the natives once they get access to guns and radios andodern engines?
>>
>>48127388
Diseases might not actually be that big of a deal with modern medicine and three countries worth of medical facilities. The CDC (And I'm sure the Canadian equivalent) have their shit together. Mexico might be a little bit fucked (Or they might not, I know nothing about their high-level medical policies), but the US and Canada aren't going to leave them out to dry.
>>
>>48127340
truefact:
America STILL has enough nukes to kill everyone on the planet several times over.
>>
>>48127328
Excuse me. I meant a year.
>>
>>48127388
>An entire continent's worth of invasive species
I for one can't wait to see "Baby white dragon vs flock of hungry bald eagles" pop up on MericaTube.
>>
>>48127357
hydrogen bomb strikes me as an extreme response to an enemy necromancer. Then again maybe he went full Ermor and we're looking at like 'scout groups' of 500k+ undead armies.

So a wish gets made, someone who can deal with that kind of threat, maybe draw in a new kingdom or armies from some other land and the genie or god or whatever behind the wish goes.

"Okay fuck it, I am not baby sitting some backwards magical kingdom for centuries. Hammer, meet nail."

Keep in mind though that the USA's nuclear reserves are kind of poorly maintained. Varies from base to base. Still I figure if a battle goes poorly enough someone can scrounge up an ICBM or Bomber and Shock and Awe a Undead Horde into submission.
>>
>>48127388
Hmm...we could probably spin this into plot hooks for guilt driven relief missions that tax America's already overburdened resources on behalf of disaster victims of tragedies we've 'worked out' are our fault.
>>
>>48127422
>Implying eagles won't interbreed with the dragons
>>
>>48127417
And potentially friendly magical medicine.
I imagine that at least some of the nearest political entities would want to play nice with an entire continent full of super advanced tech, and there's usually a philanthropic religion or two hanging around with their own brand of magical healing.
>>
God would become a 100% confirmed actual god who grants spells to faithful clerics based on the fact that enough people believe in Him to manifest.
>>
>>48127417
Mexico's entire problem is that it's leadership are corrupt assholes, the ones who AREN'T have to worry about getting assassinated by cartels. I figure if plague cultists start popping up the government will face a lot less in the way of resistance from drug peddlers whose entire empire comes from selling illicit substances to the rest of the world.

If anything neighboring fantasy nations are probably going to see a sudden upsurge in banditry as the cartels evacuate mexico with whatever they can carry to build their own empires.
>>
>>48127441
>Then some absolute madman creates Gargantuan half-dragon half-celestial axiomatic bald eagles and sets them loose to liberate the fuck out of the local evil desert empire ruled by a sinister Wizard
>And that madman's name? George Walker Bush.
>>
>>48127417
People would die like being Aztec was cool again, on all sides.
>>48127471
>a few magic priests curing literally hundreds of millions of people in a short window of time
>>
>>48127429
But an h-bomb would set a definite example. Try to invade us and get fucked.
>>
>>48127116
There is a severe lack of patriotic monster girls in the world. Have this instead.
>>
>>48127505
His calling was always to be a ranger, never President.
>>
>>48127432
If this is a dumb jab at modern relief policies then odds are that whatever disasters you're referring to are at least 50% America's fault.
>>
>>48127429
Naw, I was thinking more that getting America instead of an ancient evil is the 'twist' on a prophecy. Necromancer guy kills huge armies to get huger army, stores their souls up for hugest spell ever, chooses to use it to bring in the foretold "People of the Stillborn Sun", "Children of the War that Could Not Begin Lest All Life End", "They of the Trail of Tears", "The Last Slave Takers", other such *technically* accurate nonsense, and what does he get instead?

AMERICA!
FUCK YEAH!
COMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHERFUCKING DAY, YEAH!
AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
FREEDOM IS THE ONLY WAY, YEAH!
>>
File: 1421745390347.png (333 KB, 453x695) Image search: [Google]
1421745390347.png
333 KB, 453x695
>>48127505
I want one.
>>
>>48127525
Sad.

Though, now this thread actually wants me to see some patriotic monster girls. As some could either immigrate(?) here, or magic/a wizard did it and caused a bunch of animals to turn into monstergirls.
>>
>>48127518
kind of, the radioactive fallout wouldn't be full on apocalyptic but it would have a negative impact on local wildlife for at least a century, maybe more. Go look at pictures of plant life from Chernobyl for instance. Main thing tho is life would go on, it would just be mutated life. Wouldn't see nuclear winter from just one H-Bomb.

Honestly conventional firebombs might be a better choice, then there's the issue of the area you're bombing. The fact that your enemy literally turns dead people and animals into soldiers for them.

I'm seeing a rise in the use of Flamethrowers personally.
>>
>>48127509
>Literally hundreds of millions of people would catch lethal diseases in a short window of time
I doubt it. Especially if the fantasy diseases have never been exposed to antibiotics. We have an entire back catalog of nearly universal preventatives and cures that no longer work on real diseases, but are easy to manufacture and would work on entirely new diseases.
Unless the fantasy plague is literally a magical effect, we can deal with it.
>>
>>48126755
>The entirety of North America, islands included, get teleported to a standard fantasy setting.
USA, Canada and Mexico gets a few puppet islands / territories. Five years go by and they adapt their production while the civilians suffer less consumption / stricter laws. After those years, production and civile life sees a relative return to normality.

A bunch of retards would riot. Probably wont be able to do anything important.

Now it's up to the rest of the fantasy world to react to this change, facing a triad of huge nations with incredibly powerful weapons, infrastructure and information technology.

Do they attempt to infiltrate and steal technology? Do they seek to cooperate? Do they surrender completely?
>>
>>48127488
>If anything neighboring fantasy nations are probably going to see a sudden upsurge in banditry as the cartels evacuate mexico with whatever they can carry to build their own empires.
Yeah, those cartels and their expertise at independently producing all the modern weaponry they'd have to rely on.
>>
>>48127541
>"The Last Slave Takers"
That one's not even technically accurate if you completely ignore the ongoing slavery in Africa.
>>
>>48127561
Plus. Simple hygiene.
>>
>>48127541
mite b cool

so your necromancer who probably ravages the continent that gets replaced shows up and demands USA, Canada, and Mexico serve his will as they have been summoned to end the world?
>>
>>48127518
Nah, man. The tech has improved. We can get the same results as Hiroshima with just fuel-air bombs. Same shock and awe, no worries of contamination clean up, and we can honestly say (under lie detection spells!) that it's not even the worst we have.
>>48127533
It's not. I was thinking more along the lines of PCs deciding they have to help the goblin women and children because they wiped out their war band, just more indirect/ecological damage than normal for table top games.
>>
File: 1403538504159.jpg (34 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
1403538504159.jpg
34 KB, 400x318
Also the US wouldn't enter in total chaos.

The if the entire landmass of the US gets teleported without harming anything in it there are still a lot of communication networks in place to prevent a total communications blackout.

Most of the internet goes through either regular cables or optic fiber cables, not satellites and you can still use AM/FM radios to convey long distance communications. Like we have been doing since the 50's.

The whole economic sector of the US would take a hit but nothing that would end the US economy, the stock market would be done for but off all the markets it is the one that save some ultra rich and international corporations, no one really cares about and when push comes to shove it doesn't really matter for the continuity of the nation.

The society would go through a quick shock and mass confusion, while there would be some nutters stirring shit up they are just a tiny insignificant group who wouldn't do any lasting damage, since mass communications would still be in place in the form of radio transmissions and landlines, the government and private sector would still maintain a nice grip on the population providing assistance and information.

Probably the police forces and national guards would be activated to ensure the security and order across the country. People would still seek order instead of devolving into savages just. The world as they know it is gone but the US as a whole still intact and that is more than enough for people to latch on and remain in order.

There would be a new wave of explorers from both US and the New World but if the US is teleported into the sea in a fashion similar to the North American continent, the US borders would still be secure, if it is a landmass something like the US/Mexican border would have to be built, but with modern technology and a population poll large enough to recruit and arm the new border patrols, the US still has the capability of secure most of its borders.

cont.
>>
>>48127586
Canada would surrender immediately.

Mexico would pretend he doesn't exist.

America would shoot him.
>>
File: fidel_castro_1.jpg (101 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
fidel_castro_1.jpg
101 KB, 612x792
>>48127565
I want to correct myself a bit.

Cuba and Haiti might stay independent. And if Cuba stays independent, Fidel Castro is going to take over again and live forever.

THE PRESIDENT LIVES!
>>
>>48127323
>Archlich Lincoln
>>
>>48127547
Ditto. What I wouldn't give for a pack of cowgirl centaurs wearing some stars and stripes.
>>
>>48127586
>>48127505
>"So this guy's name is, he's called uh, Malgoroth the Soul-Forger. What he does is, you see, he, uh takes peoples' souls, their souls, you see, and he uses them. To make weapons. Weapons of mass destruction. So what we need to do is, we invade the desert, the uh, Endless Desert of Certain Doom, and we stop this man, and liberate those poor people!"
>>
>>48127561
Imagine if ebola, the bubonic plague, smallpox, the Spanish flu, polio, malaria, and a ton of other shit, was suddenly exposed to millions of people whose immune systems had never once been subjected to anything remotely related to them. I mean, sure, drown people in antibiotics, but aside from coming with its own set of problems (like how it would fuck up the immune systems of the literally everyone who'd have to take it all the time while scientists try to work out cures for a bunch of diseases they have never seen before, all the while the country's resources are strained by having to adapt to all the other effects of the country's displacement), there's also everyone in the new world to consider, who will have to deal with new diseases as well, and that without no comparable ability to research, produce, or distribute cures. Shit's gonna die in droves.
>>
>>48127166
>Local monsters would feed on the refugees

top kek, there's more guns than people in America.

Shall not be infringed baby.

Lets see how an Owlbear holds up to a 75 round drum of 7.62x39.

My money is on "not well"
>>
>>48127711
>"Sir, those 'people' look like reanimated corpses of the dead."
>>
>>48126755
All sorts of cryptids native to each state, region, and country start to come out of hiding and populate, causing havoc especially in rural areas. The U.S. now has a monster hunting bureau and deals out licenses to sportsman, veterans, and magic adventurers alike.
>>
>>48127667
Fuck, can you imagine the sudden race to be the first person to get such and such historical figure as an undead thrall working as your advisor/creative slave/activist.

People constantly trying to raise Washington and the Founding Fathers to get his opinion on what America has become. Tupac releases another posthumous album. A post-posthumous album. Every Doctor from Doctor Who can suddenly be in the same series together. Every dead fantasy author brought back to give their series a satisfying ending.

Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, and J. R. R. Tolkien all magically compelled to collaborate on what later turns out to be an overhyped piece of trash because their Necromancer took creative control away from them to get the kind of book he wanted written.
>>
>>48127758
Help fight the Sasquatch uprising, join today!
>>
>>48127758
>beast of bray road
Okay, alright, that's literally just a bear walking on its back legs, they didn't even both to anthropomorphize it.
>>
The danger in the short term is rioting and confusion. The danger in the long term is that all foreign sources of fuel are gone. We have some reserves but they won't last long term. Especially if we have to go to war.

Basically everything in the USA is structured on the idea of cheaply available energy, so this would be disastrous. Just imagine what your typical American suburban sprawl looks like without cars. It's bad.
>>
>>48127166
>I don't work for the government

Nigga, if you only KNEW the crazy outlandish scenarios we're prepared for

Uncle Sam is extremely paranoid
>>
File: 1294514060298.jpg (95 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
1294514060298.jpg
95 KB, 800x534
>>48127641

Resource wise the US would need to slow down the current consumption rates and adopt the same mentality the US households had during WWII when the war effort created a scarcity of luxury goods, but that is very survivable for the US as a whole specially when it is the survival that is at risk.

Thanks to the US being a continent sized country, most of the minerals needed to keep a functional civilization running are already there. As I said before it is just cheaper to import form other countries.

The worst case scenario would have the US revert back to the 60's levels of technology but post likely it would move back to mid 90's since scarcity is an imminent issue until the resources of the New World can be explored. Which would take something like 50 years give or take.

Militarily, the US has most of its military forces with US borders, meaning the strategic fleet of bombers, fighters, helicopters and cargo planes are still within the continental US. So are most infantry and armor cavalry bases, meaning most of the US manpower is also within the US borders. Since most fantasy worlds barely have its total sentient creatures populations at the billion mark, the US alone would probably be the most populous nation. Which means for everybody else that zerging the US isn't a viable long term option and since the US has more than 4 firearms per citizen, there would be no issue with arming every single US citizen if the need arises.

The US also produces nearly all its munitions and has massive stockpiles of ammunition and fuel to go on for years.

The US also suffered more than a few events mimicking cataclysmic situations and the government, military and population still resume functioning shortly after the blow.

This New World would take a hit on the US collective memory and the US would still spend a few years trying to adapt and accept the new reality. But in this world the US is a super power among powers, in the New World the US would be the only
>>
>>48127810
I imagine a lot of effort going into fracking.
>>
>>48127744
Yeah, living in a world of actual goddamn monsters everywhere all the time would definitely cause Americans to up the ante on the right to bear arms. I can see the rest of the country taking a much more Alaskan view of things, that it's just stupid to not have a gun in case of meeting something you don't wanna.
>>
>>48127770
>Someone ressurects Teddy Roosevelt and charges people money to watch him wrestle bears
>Same guy resurrects Stalin and Hitler and holds nightly televised knife fights to the death
>As it turns out, Jesus really does not like the WBC
>>
>>48127770
i don't think that would work. I can't off the top of my head think of any undead you could create from a long dead corpse that retains the original's personality.

Raise dead type stuff would be better.
>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RHG2KkBIioZVY0bnlxWHZiNE0/view?usp=drivesdk

We already have a game for this. It handles some issues better than others but it's there.
>>
>>48127770
>Breaking News! Undead J.R.R. Tolkien kills himself after viewing the Hobbit trilogy, undead thrall owner: No biggie, he'll be back
>>
>>48127641
Would it be possible to expand the internet to other countries?
>>
File: 1467625323177.jpg (742 KB, 1659x1154) Image search: [Google]
1467625323177.jpg
742 KB, 1659x1154
>The wastelands of Gol border the 3 kingdoms of Iron, Glass and Fire.
>The Witch-King Gol in his arrogance assumed he could simply conjure the armies required to wipe all life from the face of our world.
>Fate however has no interest in merely handing a man victory. In this case he traded 18 kingdoms worth of souls for 3 kingdoms, the greatest of which claims to have weapons that could wipe our world clean of life.
>Maybe they are lying, maybe they aren't. Regardless Gol's messengers were killed within minutes to hours after their appearance in these kingdoms and the locals proved to be highly reclusive save for the odd adventurer.
>Or so it appeared at first, in truth the lords of the land were merely adapting and ensuring that they could feed their peoples and supplying their armies.
>to date Gol's grand Armada has been crushed and the Three Kingdom's army continues to engage in the use of magical flying contraptions, fire spells of unprecedented scope, and clairvoyance spells of impressive capability in their campaign to repay the Witch King his efforts on summoning them from their world.
>>
>>48127841
Oh for sure. People with concerns would be shouted down. But in the long term it still wouldn't be enough. Especially if we were on war footing.

Here's a thought: how much oil can a wizard specializing in create spells make? If it's a high enough number, we might actually be in a better place in terms of oil supply than in the real world.
>>
>>48127877

Yes, either through radio transmission or a secure landline between the other countries.

I'd figure NASA would also be busy again trying to launch as many satellites as possible for communications and to map everything.
>>
>>48127868
Depends on the setting. Outside of table top games balanced to stop players from getting super powerful, historic NPCs under their control for cheap, there's plenty of worlds where just getting the body up and running with enough juice gets you access to their minds. That's a bit like saying you can't get access to a ghost's personality because they lived too long ago, when I'm fairly sure at least one setting has ghosts from the time of cavemen.
>>
>>48127913
There's a lot of oil on American soil as well, it's just not as profitable to pump up as Arab oil. Individual consumption would probably be cut pretty quickly. Lots of plastic shit is easily replaceable, much are luxury articles. I mean, the entirely unnecessary consumption of fossil fuel-based products makes up for a large portion of all consumption of fossil fuel.
>>
File: 1_doomsday_gif_3_2.gif (989 KB, 300x128) Image search: [Google]
1_doomsday_gif_3_2.gif
989 KB, 300x128
>>48127913

I doubt the US would be on a war footing at the scale of something like the War on terror.

The initial goal would certainly be securing its own borders to maybe wipe out a few orc settlement or an evil lich castle here and there, the in a scenario where the US would have a vastly reduced resource pool would probably mean Libya stile interventions would be the norm outside the US borders. Where you make a few bombing runs in key regions, establish some communication channels between the locals and the US forces and if needed you send a small detachment of US special forces or a small garrison to secure a specific location.

I guess the US would become very isolationist until areas with rich oil wells or rare earth minerals become known to the US authorities.
>>
>>48127913
>During their first forays into the New World, the United States military encountered practitioners of what the natives call magic, which allows the practitioner to mold the very fabric of existence.
>From that point onward, great efforts have been made to capture numerous individuals of said practice and force them to conjure crude oil in labor camps.
>>
>>48127877
we've had the technology to create fax machines since the 1920s or so but the technology was supressed by phone companies once landlines, you know the infrastructure that'd make that crap useful, were in place since they figured it'd hurt their business. Only the military ever made wide use of them up until they finally relented in the late 80s or so and then e-mail and cell phones killed them.

main issue would be setting up landlines for dial up. Broadband would be rarer after the whole transfer and nonexistant outside the US, Mexico, and Canada but the Internet is so vital to communications technology that there's no way we wouldn't expand it. Especially since there's a fuck ton of infrastucture for it in the continental US.
>>
>>48127396
>XD

Opinion discarded
>>
Fox immediately okays a reality TV show about showing fantasy races modern American life.

>Dwarves completely get indoor plumbing and why it's needed, but want to spend three hours discussing the mechanisms behind it. Takes the lid off the toilet tank. Walks into basement to inspect pipes. Eventually cut back to Dwarf with pickaxe in wall, having decided to follow the line of pipes off-property.
>Elves not getting bishonen, gay stereotypes, or transgenderism
>Wizards fascinated by Wikipedia. Loses entire days on wiki walk. Finds factually incorrect data about magic. Attempts to correct it, gets in edit war with person that thinks he's trolling, takes high offense at being mistaken for such lowborn curs.
>Enchantress gets pulled into police station for charming bartender, attempts to charm way out, cannot help but continually dig self deeper on camera.
>Everyone mistakes Jurassic Park for a documentary about exotic relatives of dragons.
>>
>>48127913
Okay so I did some looking: conjuration spells aren't helping, but there is the transmutation spell fabricate. If we consider oil to be a product derived from dead plant matter, one casting of this fourth level spell could create a 10 foot cube of oil from a like amount of decaying matter.
>>
>>48127943
honestly as GM I'd probably have gods intervene barely at all in physical terms. Never was fond of the divine/arcane divide of magic. Very artificial and pointless. So I'd flat out ban crap like bringing the presidents back to life, nevermind that I doubt anyone in Amrica, Canada, or Mexico would look kindly on ressurecting the dead as slaves, and make creating sapient undead really laborious and hard to do without all kinds of research.

Much of which has been purposefully destroyed by this grand necromancer so he has a monopoly.
>>
I feel like coal would rise in usage sharply. I feel like dwarves would understand coal, which means you could trade with them for it.
>>
>>48128210
coal was kind of a big deal for any nation with even an ounce of industry. Way easier to use it to forge weaponry and armor than wood. So they wouldn't know how to use it to say, power an internal combustion engine but 'burns real good' is something anyone gets.

oh and it can keep you warm a lot better than normal wood too.
>>
File: LOLth.jpg (240 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
LOLth.jpg
240 KB, 1024x768
>>48128083

>Orcs are introduced to the concept of MORE DAKKA
>>
How much of north America?
Most people itt are only assuming we're stuck with mexico, but remember that even what is called "central" america is actually part of the North American continent.

Also, I am pretty sure the US would lose a good chunk of its military just by virtue of most of it being overseas.
>>
>>48127907
This I want to read more of.
>>
>>48128305
all the European and Asian Bases, anyone on Naval actions at the time. So we're talking like a quarter to half of the military but that still leaves the domestic forces, national guard, and police forces which are basically a military force at this point.

how much of 'central' america would you bring along anon?

>>48128304
>Orcish conscripts actually serve Allied American forces faithfully and get land grants in return for their services
>Literal Green Berets
>>
>>48127913
>Especially if we were on war footing.
This wouldn't be the case, really fantasy armies as they are depicted are more or less equivalent to medieval armies, they take enormous amounts of time to organize, move incredibly slowly (unless there's some very heavy use of magic) and have heavily limited command and control.

If the US shared a land border with a nation or other power that appeared aggressive it would be patrolled from the air and an invading army would get the shit bombed out of it.
>>
>>48127299
>Gasoline would become rare seeing a rise in the use of horses, bicycles, and so on.
While I'm sure these would increase another thing we'd see a resurgence of are trains.

More efficient mass transit systems would become essential for major cities with a shortage of fuels. It would also take advantage of the huge US Coal stockpiles.
>>
>>48128408
That's a good point.

No accounting for magic, though.
>>
>>48128374
>how much of 'central' america would you bring along anon?
Not that guy, but as an American who considers all of 'North America' technically US clay, 'Everything down to the panama canal' is the only acceptable answer.
>>
>>48128503
MANIFEST DESTINY
A
N
I
F
E
S
T

D
E
S
T
I
N
Y
>>
>>48126755
What if only parts of the U.S. got transported? Only the most American of states would be moved and would mesh into the other states to create an entirely different country. I'd say Texas, Louisiana, New York, Maryland, Tennessee, Kansas, California, and Massachusetts would be a suitable collection.
>>
>>48128589
>tfw live in none of those states and would by happy to be rid of them
If for no other reason than Californians keep moving here and making everything more expensive.
>>
File: 1467647955204.png (527 KB, 1018x1508) Image search: [Google]
1467647955204.png
527 KB, 1018x1508
>>48127907
>>48128368
>Gol's messengers consisted of the usual enslaved Kings and associated officials
>The Kingdoms of Iron, Glass, and Fire apparently look poorly on raising the dead and consider it desecration of ones earthly remains.
>Punishments for this crime vary across the three kingdoms from 'Long Term Imprisonment' to 'Quiet Execution Without Trial' but the end result was that once the strangeness of the event was overcome the messengers were systematically hunted down and destroyed.
>Unusually the Dracolich Saalpherion was the one destroyed most quickly by the "Allied States" empire's large reserve of flying war golems
>Gol's message, amusingly enough, may very well have prevented the summoned kingdoms from falling into anarchy, faced with a common threat the local rulers showed unheard of wisdom and made use of impressive agricultural magics
>As anyone who has examined the disastrous campaign of The Green Emperor in invading the Crystal Dales can attest to an army cannot march without farmers to feed them, and farmers cannot farm unless they are kept safe from marauders
>More to the point Gol's attempts at blockading the Three Kingdom's ports proved laughable for multiple reasons. For starters the southernmost kingdom was not aware it was near one of the wealthiest trade empires in the known world and instead begged its northern neighbors for aid in feeding its people during a time this time of crisis. While their magics were compartively weaker to those possessed by the Allied States and Canadia they made quick work of Gol's bone galleons
>indeed reportedly the Three Kingdoms were baffled when the Merchant Prince Knall arrived with his grand entourage seeking to trade wonders and marry off his neices and nephews to create diplomatic ties.
>>
How much of the USN would make it, and would America still be mostly surrounded by ocean?
>>
>>48128643
I'd say all of the north american continent and nearby islands. Keep it surrounded by water, attach the continent to a local landmass. No crazy bullshit like slamming the continent down onto the planet it just pops in with minimal impact.

real shit starts once north american wildlife spreads into lands emptied of life by a necromancer as modern technology steamrolls his hordes of the undead, cultural changes as they encounter the surviving local kingdoms and so on, technological advancement.

Maybe have 1/4th the NA population manifest magical ability.
>>
>>48128717
>Maybe have 1/4th the NA population manifest magical ability.
I donno, that seems kinda high, unless the native world has a HIGHER magical rate, then that would be okay.
I always assume that in worlds where magic is something you need to be born with, it is pretty fucking rare. But that might just be me.
>>
File: 1326081149200.jpg (86 KB, 470x734) Image search: [Google]
1326081149200.jpg
86 KB, 470x734
>>48128083
>Your elf pen pal friend is coming to visit you from her woodland kingdom
>What are the most interesting things that you show her that'll leave the biggest impression of what your country is about?
>>
>>48128792
think of it this way, our ancestors were surprisingly competent at manufacturing. They could produce machine quality goods, by hand. Problem is that shit took time.

The big game changer was industrialization, streamlining the crafting process, standardization of parts, abandoning the guild system, instituting patents and giving people incentive to invent.

I figure natives would have half to 3/4ths magical potential but it would vary wildly like one guy can only create a bit of flame to light his way and start fires while another can heal wounds and banish disease.

Many of them lack an established central authority to train magi and magocracies are probably really stratified and isolationist because WIZARDS.

think of Technology and Magic less as opposing forces and simply the logical development of two different ways to make use of the universe's energy.

why bother conjuring oil when you can solidify magical energy to power wands that can perform spells on demand?
>>
>>48128841
Firearms
>>
>>48127101
>political stance that just wants everyone to get along but then is blamed for everything anyway
it's Russia, America are money-thirsty dominatrix
>>
>>48128458
One of the issues is that fantasy armies rarely actually account for magic either. There may be war mages or battle wizards or whatever as well as the occasional use of magic for healing the wounded or even more rarely, reconnaissance, but it's rarely shown to be used for things like communication or strategic movement, which are the areas that the modern US would be massively superior in.

100,000 men, horses, gryphons and other assorted fantasy military baggage attacking a US city would be a bad day, but if they have to march long distance around well mapped terrain they'll never get there.

And coming from the sea a single coastguard cutter could very plausibly sink literally hundreds of wooden ships before it ran put of ammunition.

Additionally the retribution from the US would be overwhelming and near imidiate, the US could destroy every military/government building in the attacking nation in the time it takes to do aerial recon and then decide if you want to bomb it or use a cruise missile instead.

Issues like viking-like raiders attacking towns might be an issue early on though, and incursions or infiltration by supernatural forces would be serious long term threats.
>>
>>48126755
Democracy and freedom'd
>>
>>48128909
>a single coastguard cutter could very plausibly sink literally hundreds of wooden ships before it ran put of ammunition
Two bumfuck Marines in a rowboat with an AT4 could do that.
>>
>>48128841
Metric system, social security, healthcare, free education up to university level, government that responds to citizens, legal system that tries not to make "might makes right" true, no murderhobos.
And general safety from orc raids and monster predators.

And it should be easy to tell I'm not living in some big country.
>>
>>48128643
I'd say continental NA down to Panama canal with every island within soandso miles of the border.

If you want to keep things simple, have them drop into a world with similar land distribution to our own.

>ancient elven lands decide to leave to mortal world because fuck those kids
>the spell goes wrong
>Elven lands now in place of NA
>NA now in fantasy world
>some people are now mind-linked to someone on the other side
>hijinks ensue
>>
>>48127340
>Comona starts playing in the background
>>
>>48128963
They couldn't carry enough ammunition desu. Also they'd want at least a speedboat.
>>
>>48127157
Sensible kek
>>
>"People of the Stillborn Sun" "The Land of Ravaging Plague" "The Slaver's Sunset Empire" "The Emperor Who Rides The Mob" "The Steel and Glass Wizards"
>Witch-King Gol is reported to have studied dozens of prophecies written by madmen and oracles who are now lost to history.
>As is usually the case with Prophecies of this nature much of what is written either no longer holds true once the papyrus is in common circulation or is a poor translation of reality. Often both.
>Knall the Resplendent reports that Slavery is considered barbaric in the Kingdoms of Iron, Glass, and Fire. Reportedly this is a relatively recent occurrence with the Allied States being the last hold but all three kingdoms abolished slavery within the last century.
>The southern Kingdom of Meheko now does brisk business with the Crystal Dales, while poorer than her southern neighbors the kingdom has adapted better to the adjustments required by the Three Kingdoms to their magics. Reportedly there are talks between the Three Kingdoms and the Crystal Dales on creation of a trail that one of their cargo golems will use to increase the speed of trade immigration.
>Gol Continues to attempt to disrupt diplomacy and trade with the Three Kingdoms and their immediete neighbors but Canadia's hardline stance against Piracy is making them popular with the Frost Barons of Garon and the Allied States are proving to be surprisingly formidable opponents for someone who claims to have lost half their military forces due to Gol's great conjuration spell.
>>
>>48127758
>Pope Lick Monster
Say what now?
>>
>>48126755
America is one of the few countries that can go full Madagascar without completely fucking themselves, they have sufficient raw resources and manufacturing capability that they can keep a 1st world quality of life even cut off from other nations, prices would increase, but not obscenely so, because of this, I believe america could at least sustain itself if dropped in another world, what happens after that depend on it's surroundings
>>
>>48127299
Given that nationalism is a form of religious worship, and most Americans are pretty big on patriotism... Would the American Eagle become an actual deity of the American pantheon? How about Uncle Sam? The Invisible Hand?
>>
>>48129143
>Many of the Three Kingdom's most holy sites were lost in their conjuration, and many of their people lament this loss in their myriad ways, pouring forth ale into the streets, buringing incense in their homes, and kneeling before symbols of the last torture of the greatest and most holy martyr.
>Of the few sites remaining, the small yet magical kingdom of Disneyland, remains a favored site of pilgrimage. Their Mister Disney (for he took no grand title in his lifetime), is renowned for his capacity for hope, wonder, imagination, his ability to inspire these in others, and most of all for building an empire without shedding a single drop of blood. Though unbelievable to many outlanders, the land rights to the entirety of his kingdom were bought outright through money earned by storytelling. Indeed, the whole of his kingdom was then shaped to forever tell more stories in his absence, and bring joy to children. He has never been sainted.
>Others sought to replicate his deeds in founding the Holly Woods of Kaliforniya, though all speak of their success as gilted, shiny and true over dark and cynical.
>Many have tried to sunder the Alliance of the States, offering gold and silica to the men of the Silicon Valley, martial backing to the swamp men of Bayou, greater fields to grow their grains, tomatoes, spices, and dairy herds to the Newest York City-State, even blood to the foul Red Cross, but none dare be the first to schism themselves again, speaking angrily of their first civil war and the scars it left them.
>Whispered rumors speak of the Three Kingdoms having bizarre funerary rights whereby their very flesh is kept alive after their death, warm and pulsing blood, until it can be meted out per their will to others. The recipients of these ghastly gifts will then replace their own, failing, organs with that of their benefactors.
>>
>>48126965
>>48127475
>>48129535
This all depends on whether or not deities are made from worship, or if they have to exist first and then demand humans follow their rules and make sacrifices or whatnot. Plenty of settings have rather set pantheons and you can't just add new gods by wishing for them, they have to actually be born of divine parents or ascend from mortality.
>>
>>48129656
>>Whispered rumors speak of the Three Kingdoms having bizarre funerary rights whereby their very flesh is kept alive after their death, warm and pulsing blood, until it can be meted out per their will to others. The recipients of these ghastly gifts will then replace their own, failing, organs with that of their benefactors.
North American blood magic is the best blood magic.
>>
>>48129708
That just raises the possibility of someone convincing a god to let us try cloning/genetic engineering on a divine scale. Raise him as a good and proper Christian, that'll work out.
>>
>>48126755
Fucking hell that harpy is hideous. You can keep your freedom.
>>
>>48127166
Serious Counter-reply
1. the US is the largest exporter of food and agricultural machinery in the world, and we don't even use a third of our readily arable farmland because anything planted on it would literally rot before it got eaten.

2. The US and canada between them are some of the largest producers of oil and oil derivatives in the world. The flip side is that we're also the largest consumers, but getting decent public transit going would solve most of the consumption problems.

3. the US still has an extensive manufacturing industry, it just doesn't rely on masses of chinese slave labor the way overseas companies do. The collapse of the blue collar middle class was as much because of automation replacing $25/hr leverpulling jobs as it was overseas outsourcing.

We'd certainly have to tighten our belts, start riding the bus, and shoot a whole lot of dumbass militiamen, but it's a handleable problem.

Like anything else, the biggest problem will be people panicking in the streets and doing really stupid shit instead of approaching the problem in a sane fashion. Oh, and also electronics manufacturing, because pretty much all the complicated CPU manufacuring in the world happens in something like five factories in japan and taiwan, and those assembly lines are a pain and a half to set up.
>>
It is worth pointing out that, given the population explosion afforded by modern medicine and other technological resources, it is a pretty safe bet that the continent of North America has more people on it than the entire rest of the fantasy world combined.

We don't just have the tech advantage, we have an absolutely staggering numerical advantage.

The fact that we can throw 1 million soldier at a problem is going to seem like an absolute doomsday scenario for any kingdom that is on the receiving end of it. That's probably more than 1 soldier for every man, woman, and child in their entire kingdom. And that's just a drop in the bucket for us. That's nowhere near major mobilization of our forces.
>>
File: AinsleyBook.jpg (57 KB, 600x431) Image search: [Google]
AinsleyBook.jpg
57 KB, 600x431
>america couldn't even beat vietnam
>he thinks america could beat an entire fantasy world
>>
>>48127429
>"Okay fuck it, I am not baby sitting some backwards magical kingdom for centuries. Hammer, meet nail."
I love this premise, but I have no idea why.
>>
>>48129849

Sounds like the next few years would be spent re-invorgating the american middle class in the mass, country-wide creation of jobs to replace and staff lost industry that is no longer available and the infrastracture to support it.

We like computers. We like computers as LOT. Even if it takes ups 5 years before we have a factory capable of building our next microchip, we will move heaven and earth to build that factory.
>>
>>48129873
>Insert joke about France here
>>
File: AinsleySalad2.jpg (74 KB, 594x406) Image search: [Google]
AinsleySalad2.jpg
74 KB, 594x406
>>48129916
but we're not discussing France, are we?
>>
>>48129908

"Alright gents, we are going to drop the bomb. Tell your men to pack up their shit and start running west, because you folks don't want to be here when it goes off."

"How far west?"

"Thats a good god damned question. This sucker is bigger than you have ever seen. Bring me a map."

"Here you go, its a map of the area. Thats us, here. And over there is the river. Its about 5 miles away."

"...bring me a bigger map. I want to dramatically draw a big red circle around the are that is about to become a nuclear fireball, and this whole map is inside that circle."
>>
>>48128841
Plumbing, toilet paper, hunting rifles.
>>
>>48126755
>americucks in a fantasy setting

First, they would buy their monthly subscription to ORCED
>>
>>48129799
>We have studied the North American blood magics, and have found them terrifying. Not only in the scale with which their rituals are done, but the ease. As with all workings of the Glass and Steel Wizards, neither inner strength nor force of will are required, only true knowledge of the world.
>They move blood from one man to another, not easily, but with care and miserly portioning, for their is always a lack of fresh, unspilled blood among those unwilling to take it by force. Yes. All the blood they collect, held in macabre banks, is given of men's own free will.
>Their scholars debate heatedly whence a soul is born into a child, for they have no means of testing for its presence, and even they know they shall be damned for the sacrifice of a child. In times when a woman's life may be undone by a child's presence, they strike out the soulless flesh bud from her womb without leaving any mark upon her belly, achieving with surgery what we require unsure alchemy to do.
>Many of their most accurate auguries on the health of a man require the drawing of blood. Yet no flesh is ever cut to do so, drawing forth cups with a single prick that heals on its own in minutes.
>The alchemy of blood is well understood amongst the Three Kingdoms, with remedies commonly taken for sleeping loins, infection in the blood itself, demons within the mind, and even to stave off the last choice of sorrow.
>>
>>48130046
>ORCED
>not KRUMPED
>>
>>48128841

I take them out to eat at a chain like Applebee's or whatever, stressing that this is not something special like a feast for the wealthy, that this is food that almost anyone in our nation can afford, if maybe not frequently.

I show them television and the multitude of channels it offers, before showing them a high-budget special effects movie. Preferably something space-themed, to really blow their minds with a genre that they won't have been exposed to before.

Drive into the city and show them one of the more upscale malls or shopping districts, make sure they go home with something suitably impressive. What we consider mass produced crap is, to a pre-industrial society, pretty goddamn amazing craftsmanship.
>>
>>48126755

Thick harpies are a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>48127166
>Integrate

If Muslims don't have to, neither do we, and I have over a thousand charges on my Wand of Finger of Death.
>>
>>48127319

So Europe gets BTFO while America conquers Faerun? Legit.
>>
>>48130238

Do you have a license for that wand? Its considered a deadly weapon, after all, under the Freedom from Malfeasence Act.
>>
>>48130125
BIG GREEN GITS
>>
>>48130297
Russia tries to invade Europe, there's a stalemate, and as Putin presses the red button, suddenly remembers France and the UK have some nukes too.
China wins, becomes the US and uses cheap Indian and African labor to make their stuff.
>>
>>48130297

Unless we replaced a mass of land, instead of ocean. In that case, you can expect a colonization rush as everyone remaining on Earth double-times it over to the NEW new world in order to make sure that they don't end up with another America on their hands.
>>
>>48130297
>Europe overrun by drow refugees
>Drow refuse to assimilate and build their own cities under the metro while leeching off public services and evangelizing Lolth
>Europe begins to collapse because of drow refugees
Post YFW drow collapse the Eurozone by literally undermining it
>>
>>48127166
>American culture has been lost

how can you lose something that never existed?
>>
>>48130340
The UN would probably enforce it to be a neutral land to be developed slowly, and enforce that with blue helmets taken from countries too poor to start a colonization effort of their own.
>>
>>48127166
So first of all:
>every nation in North America is a net food exporter, massively so in the case of the US
>the US now produces more fuel than it imports
>the government stockpiles tons of resources, particularly those related to warfare, in case of catastrophe

So here's what would happen:
An economic downturn a la the Depression would occur, rationing of important materials would take place, and things would suck for the first few years.

But then! Then factories closed solely due to foreign competition reopen, fueled by deposits untouched for environmental concerns now outweighed by necessity. Food remains on North American plates, assuming the climate stays the same, and there is no famine.

Anything else is hard to say, and really depends on the setting.
>>
>>48130340

Man, wouldn't that be some funny shit?

> Evil wizard is in a centuries-long war with an enemy kingdom across the sea.
> Unable to defeat them in battle, he uses powerful magic to banish their entire continent to another world, never to plague him again, and replace it with the witless inhabitants of a new realm who is unprepared for his reign of power.
> He even chose to send them to a world where he detects virtually no magic at all. Helpless prey for sure.
> He banishes the fantasy kingdom...
> And America is what he gets instead

"This seemed like such a good idea at the time" says Dark Overlord. "I didn't expect things to turn out this way."
>>
>>48129858
...fuck, man, that's right. Just in the U.S. there's more than 300 million people. Armies got into the millions before the 19th century, but only with significant proportions of the population. We wouldn't even need a full 1%.
>>48129908
It humanizes a literal god through frustration, and nicely clashes against your Judeo-Christian conception of "gods" as all-powerfull and infallible, harkening back to the Greco-Roman "Fuck you, I do what I want" utter basards
>>48130166
Imagine being barely above subsistance farming and heading into a local grocery chain.
>"Yeah these are all around, maybe a couple blocks from anywhere. Nah, they're pretty much all like this, this one doesn't have much choice, though"
>Walks by literal aisle of cereals
Or explain the concept of an all-you-can-eat buffet
>"Alright, we've gotten our seats and ordered drinks. Now, we go up and get some food. No, we don't have a limit on how much we take, you just keep eating until you don't feel like eating any more. Yeah, it all costs the same no matter how much you eat. Why? Well, they did the math and worked out people can't actually eat enough to make them lose profit before needing to stop. Well, you have to understand, it does cost about three hours wages at the legally mandated minimum wage. Wait, you don't have that? Ok, so..."

Hell, even the idea no one haggles, ever, would blow their minds. That's a pretty fundamental part of transactions to just throw away.
>>
>>48127299
>The doors broke, and the necromancer marched in. A dozen spells flew through the air to meet the conqueror and fizzled upon meeting a magical shield. The skeletal figure headed towards the head priest, desecrating the temple with its foul presence and the hordes of undead pouring in. This, the last fortress between the monster and the refugees who had fled from the armies of darkness, was about to fall.
>As death came to claim him, the old man had time for just one more spell. Having just seen his best fizzle against the horror, he cast a quick resurrection in a random direction, figuring it would hit _something_ it could possibly affect as the necromancer grapped his throat. But at that moment fate chose to intervene. The fighters overturned a cabinet where sacred artifacts from times long past were kept, and the spell hit a pile of dust as it was thrown into the air.
>The dust began to glow. It came together, forming some kind of paper. Writing appeared on it in some long-lost script. Both the living and the dead backed away, knowing in their still or beating hearts that they witnessed the rebirth of something like the world hadn't seen for far too long.
>All around the continent wastelands, filled with some unknown form of death for all who entered from time immemorial, became centers of activity as piles of rock launched themselves into the sky and assembled into impossibly high towers. Ore exploded from the ground and became artifacts, and dust turned into people, even at the temple itself. Some of those people wore weird clothes with a chaotic green-brown pattern.
"Old fool, what have you done?"
>The priest had no time to answer before there was a deafening noise, and the undead horde went down like wheat before a scythe. The necromancer was practically torn apart. The fight was over in seconds, and the living had won. Reflexively the priest sought to offer a prayer of thanks, and words came to him: "Fuck yeah America."
>>
>>48127577
They'll adapt. They'll figure out how to enchant knife golems to automatically behead people for them.
And how much coke can you fit in a bag of holding? How many bags of holding can you fit up somebody's ass?
>>
>>48130121
>The Steel and Glass Wizards have an approach to magic markedly different from our own.
>Many people are born with the spark of magic. Few however can simply make use of it out of hand. Those who can rarely make it to adulthood without strict guidance from experience spell casters to keep them from harming themselves with errant spells.
>Often those with the spark of magic find themselves prey to dark forces, unsurprisingly the major consequence of this is that magic is a tightly controlled resource and it's greatest secrets are jealously guarded.
>Steel and Glass Wizards however are not prey to dark forces for some unknown reason. In fact many do not even appear to have the spark, what strange concurrence of fate lead to their First Wizard instilling an Artefact with his own spark so other folk could create magical artefacts is unknown but the end result is plain to see.
>The simplest peasant can wield magics that take apprentice mages decades to master. Part of this comes from the Three Kingdom's insistence on educating even the lowest peasant in the ability to read and write. This lends their armies, often volunteer forces, shorter training times and greater magical flexibility
>add into this their mastery of golemancy and it's no wonder Gol wished to enlist them as his battle thralls. Why Gol never considered that a people who had discovered a spell capable of destroying the world would refuse to cast it save in only the direst of circumstances is unknown to us.
>Of great contention among our own scholars is how the Three Kingdoms folk are dealing with the issue of demonic possession, spiritual pollution, and manifestation of nature spirits and minor dieties.
>As many of these scholars are terrified of the Three Kingdoms Blood Alchemists and Steel and Glass Wizards and refuse to travel to the Three Kingdoms to interview their subjects of discourse these discussions are largely mastubatory
>>
>>48127396
of course they're not to PROTECT anyone, they're to keep the necessary industries and forces running long enough to get a longer-term solution in place.
>>
>>48130427
>Hell, even the idea no one haggles, ever, would blow their minds. That's a pretty fundamental part of transactions to just throw away.
They still do it in parts of Mexico.
>>
>>48130745
they still do in parts of the USA and Canada as well. Hell take online auctions or craigslist shit into account. People will barter with one another one on one but that's not taken as the normal course of action. Time was Haggling was how you did business.

These days you often have someone representing a financial empire that can set it's own terms. Closest thing you'd see to that in a fantasy setting is a merchant dynasty.

Try explaining crap like patents, copyright infringment, corporate culture, legal liability and so on to a murderhobo.
>>
>>48130745
>>They still do it in parts of Mexico.
>On a cruise to Mexico
>Want to buy shitty plaster dragon souvenier
>He wants 70 bucks for it
>Start haggling him down for it
>Mom gets deeply uncomfortable with how aggressive I'm being and starts trying to get me to leave
>Use it as leverage to bargain him down
>Get it for 40 bucks
>Probably could have gotten him down to 30 if I tried
>Probably only worth 15
Fucking haggling, I have no idea why we don't do it in the US.
>>
File: 1467264865861.jpg (99 KB, 550x734) Image search: [Google]
1467264865861.jpg
99 KB, 550x734
>>48129873
>Lost Vietnam
>Completely ignores the numerous politcal issues with the world at large and the societal issues at home that prevented us from waging a proper war
You're from Europe, aren't you?
>>
File: america40.png (9 KB, 250x384) Image search: [Google]
america40.png
9 KB, 250x384
>>48130864
>we could've won
>but we didn't

no wonder you surrendered your nation to a kenyan.

your obese people have no spines.
>>
>>48130815
>Try explaining crap like patents, copyright infringment, corporate culture, legal liability and so on to a murderhobo.
Which makes me wonder... We've pretty well established that your average fantasy kingdom is no problem, but what about a high level adventurer?
>>
>>48130864
Now, now. With this much shitposting he could also be Australian.

He's certainly not from anywhere relevant, though, you've got that right.
>>
We /int/ nao
>>
>>48130824
You can't negotiate a price with a sales representative who isn't authorized to negotiate prices. Also companies who have a huge amount of income and a fuck ton of customers aren't motivated sellers, someone else will buy their shit if you don't.

If you buy some kind of craft good made by a single dude you can absolutely try and negotiate a price. It just won't work at wallmart.
>>
>>48130824
Sounds like a hell of a thing.
>>
>>48127166
Mate, the only thing the US is NOT prepared to handle is a second civil war or popular uprising.
In fact, I think America would do must better with a civil war if it was teleported to a fantasy world, since it could properly bring the boot down on rebels without other nations getting mad.
>>
>>48130815
Patents aren't such a huge leap. By the time a society reaches medieval sort of levels, they've had plenty of inventions that were sold by their original creator. The idea that you could legally own and rent out/sell a machine, design, or method would be fairly normal.
>>
>>48130970
You can negotiate on high price goods as well, like a house or car.
>>
>>48130911
>Which makes me wonder... We've pretty well established that your average fantasy kingdom is no problem, but what about a high level adventurer?
It would take some interesting tactics, but we have the firepower to bring them down.
>>
>>48130979
>>48131014
WEW
>>
>>48130815
Doesn't sound too hard if you explain it in the context of Guilds and the stuff they keep secret.

>>48130945
it was inevitable. I will say my money was on the HFY showing up first, but what do I know?
>>
>>48130911
personally I'd rather avoid D20's bizarre paradox of having hundreds of god like beings running around and engaging in murderhobery. Strikes me if you hit the equivilent of level 20 you settle down and form a kingdom.

You could interpret this as kingdoms having a handful of individuals capable of absurd force projection in comparison with what you'd get from a battle group.

the major difference being the Kalon the Thrice Blessed took 40 years to reach the status of Divine Swordsman who can strike down 100 skeletons in a single stroke and the Mexican Army spent a couple months pushing for a recruitment spike while building trenches in the desert backed with pillboxes and radio posts that can call in air strikes.

those planes may be outdated but napalm burns anyone it touches, undead, green, magical, holy. It don't give a fuck who or what you are.
>>
>>48130427
Imagine fridges that preserve meat you didn't have to hunt for. Actual cool beverages. Entertainment on without having to step outside if your own door. Amazon!
>>
File: 1467240322299.gif (95 KB, 315x572) Image search: [Google]
1467240322299.gif
95 KB, 315x572
>>48128841
My Dick
>>
>>48131039
Unless they have fire resistance.

>>48131031
No doubt, but just imagine how much a pain in the ass your typical mid level magic effects could be. Teleportation alone!
>>
>>48131087
>No doubt, but just imagine how much a pain in the ass your typical mid level magic effects could be. Teleportation alone!
Radar, senpai, and besides, I think blue team did pretty well in that one wargame with teleporting communications bike couriers and jetskis mounting missiles heavier than them.
>>
File: WILLIS CARRIER.jpg (6 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
WILLIS CARRIER.jpg
6 KB, 188x268
>>48128841
>air conditioning during the height of summer
>>
Honestly, this would probably be a wonderful thing for America altogether.
anti-gov milsurps get to rent out their services to faraway nations as super-advanced mercenaries.
Us gov gets to consolidate its power and authority in preparation for Imperialism 2: Pax Americana; without other similarly powered nations getting uppity about "oppression".
Scientists literally have an entirely new field of nature to study.
A second micro space race (or just infrastructure development) is sparked to get a whole bunch of satellites into orbit real fast in order to map the planet.
Perhaps after a century of imperialism and remilitarization, America open a portal back up to our Earth and conquers everything after being shown how fun proper war is.
Also, magical battleships and tanks.
>>
File: 1423764227400.png (372 KB, 4780x1140) Image search: [Google]
1423764227400.png
372 KB, 4780x1140
>>48128841
Internet porn.
>>
>in an effort to look good to their newfound neighbors and the sudden exposure to entirely inhuman culture, America undergoes a great cultural Renaissance
>ghettos, slums, and everything that could possibly make America look worse than a medieval kingdom disappears within years; nobody cares because a vast majority of the people want it, and suddenly the US only has to fund less than half of the military.
>it's like the 1950's all over again, but with less Stepford Wives and permeating racism
>>
>>48128623
More?
>>
>>48128841
>What are the most interesting things that you show her that'll leave the biggest impression of what your country is about?
A football game, baseball game, and horse derby, followed by a rousing tour of one the space centers and a trip to DC.
>>
>>48131241

> "My fellow americans, it is with great sadness that I must tell you that out first rocket launch in this new world has come to ruin with the loss of the Ursa-1 rocket and its crew of 5 brave American men and women."
> "Let me be clear: this was not the fault of any human or technological error. Radio contact with Ursa pilot Charlie Mendoza describes a bone-chilling account of a giant hand closing around the capsule during the rocket launches second-stage, a fact confirmed by Houston's monitoring station and hundreds of hopeful onlookers via their telescopes."
> "We have since been contacted by representatives of Vorderan, self-proclaimed God of the Heavens, who has taken offense at our intrusion in to what he considers his domain."
> "No warning was given. No mercy was shown. And no apology has been offered."
> "My fellow americans, this act of cruelty, this act of war, will not go unanswered. If we are to thrive in this new world, we must re-take what has been taken from us. And in this new world, just as in the old one, we will not bow to tyrants."
> "As of this moment, we are at war with the sky. And we shall not know victory until an American flag flies upon the surface of the moon once again."
> "May we have mercy on God. Bless America."
>>
>>48131463
God won't know what hit him.
>>
>>48131463
And then it's the second book of The Salvation War.
>>
>>48130599
>>48131334
>The wizards of Glass and Steel possess a rather open secret, a perversion that pervades their society at all levels. Having developed a grand oracle for their people, leaving it amongst their commoners as they do with all their workings, the people of the Three Kingdoms began to use their greatest source of visions to perpetuate the single most detailed, varied, and strangely catalogued collection of pornography to ever exist. It is difficult to describe without lurid detail, but it is suffice to say that even searching for subjects that are actively appalling to an individual will still lead them a vast repository of every minute variation on that theme.
>More than this, there is a full industry devoted to the production of prosthetic genitalia for use by those not wishing to rent the services of a prostitute.
>Indeed, strange though it sounds, the young and foolish of their people are even rumored to jape and jest with one another by seeing who can expose the others to some horrid thing they have never seen before, venturing at times past what is physically possible and can only depicted in artistic renditions.
>Despite the widespread belief by the people of the Three Kingdoms that all make use of their oracles in such ways, all profess to find it vulgar to speak of in mixed company.
>>
>>48131463
Speaking of, what happens when America's collective belief gives birth to a proto-YHWH, assuming that's how this world's gods work?
>>
>>48131494
I think the existence of actual dragons and centaurs will be quite some competition for the industry, anon.
>>
>>48131494
So what happens if demons or other spirits get on the internet? Will we get demons possessing our computers like a virus?
>>
>>48131529
Nah, that just means they'll get the same kind of weird offers for specific fetish porn that amputees get now. The pornnet will assimilate, not kowtow.
>>
>>48131518
An angry and jealous god that imposes silly laws and has the backing of at least 300 millions followers (including Mexico and Canada), entirely dedicated to him and no other.
I guess the other gods get killed off.
>>
File: 1458363816986.jpg (89 KB, 581x800) Image search: [Google]
1458363816986.jpg
89 KB, 581x800
>>48131529
Bring on the half-breeds
>>
>>48131529
What do you mean, competition? They'll get hired and become porn stars just like any other. Sure there'll be early on a couple of "FIRST EVER FEATURING [whatever half breed or monster]", but the market'll get swarmed fast.
Also this whole thing better drop these creatures where the US is IRL so us left behind can get some too.
>>
>>48131518
>>48131571
Fuck... Most fantasy worlds only have populations of maybe, 100 Million total?

American and Mexican belief would power YHWH like no other.
>>
>>48131518

Well, presuming that belief fuels gods, we can't actually end up with an all-powerful, all-knowing god. We just end up with a god that THINKS its all power and all knowing, or at least claims to be to us. Depends on the level of self-awareness that faith based spiritual constructs are capable of.

If we just sort of create a YHWY figure after showing up, he didn't create this world. And all of his important holy sites are back on Earth, so that's not doing him any favors.

Since he doesn't have a pantheon, chances are that he would get ganked by groups of other, more firmly established gods a couple of times whenever he tried anything too big. Thats not a huge deal, though, because as long as we still prayed to him he would just get replaced with a new one, same as the old one. Loki and Anansi died in a bunch of their stories, IIRC. Death is different for gods.

Granted, YHWH might end up becoming very powerful over time if he is given the credit for our natural military and technological superiority. Basically getting free xp for miracles he didn't actually have a hand in until he ends up a beefy god.

I... think that would actually be the worst possible thing to happen to America. Not because I am a Fedora, but because holy shit have you actually ever read the bible? God is a mean motherfucker when he gets wrathful, and the most vocal invokers of the name of God in America tend to point him at any group they don't like, including other Americans.

What are we going to do when proto-YHWH turns half of New York City into fire and brimstone because the Westboro Baptist Church got upset about a gay performer singing at the Thanksgiving day parade or some shit like that? Our own god is going to punch us in the dick as often as not.
>>
>>48131463
>>48131488
>American, you act beyond your place, how can you think to challenge a God, even one so powerful as Vorderan!
>>Listen, that aetheric piece of shit killed five Americans, we're not going to let that slid.
>He has smote thousands for less, raining starfire down upon entire kingdoms!
>>Then you should be thanking us for doing your dirty work for you, now, the launch is starting.
>What makes you think you'll win this time, if he crushed your machine so easily?
>>We're launching a lot more, and these ones have guns. And bombs. Lots of bombs.
>...
>>...
>While this is impressive, even without your seeing-glass I can see that you are losing, simply from all those new stars appearing in the sky
>>Oh no, those are ours. You know that one bomb we used to kill the horde of undead? Each ships has hundreds of those on board.
>Then what of those searing lances of starlight?
>>Casaba-Howtizers, son!
>You have no idea what you have done, Vorderan is one of the great pantheon! This will greatly upset the balance of power in the world!
>>Don't worry, we always make sure to clean up our messes. Also, we should probably get out of here; we just blew off one of his hands, and it's estimated to impact just half a mile away within ten minutes.
>>
>>48128623
>>48131362
>Many of the tales coming out of the Three Kingdoms are proclaimed as patently unbelieveable by scholars of note
>That aforementioned scholars of note refuse to enter what we formerly termed the Wasted Lands due to Gol's depredations does the Scholarly Community no credit
>In my hopes of understanding what precisely has occurred I braved the wasted lands myself and find that they no longer remain. Presumably the Three Kingdoms Homeworld of 'Earth' now holds the melancholy glore of the Silver Spires and the tragic horrors of the Scarred Lands. One can only hope those left behind will appreciate the sacrifices of those who tried to stop Gol.
>I can state with certainty that the tales of Spires that reach the skies are half true. The Spires are in fact as tall, if not taller than the Sylvan Spires of the late Archmagos Belpheros.
>even Meheko, the 'poorest' of the three kingdoms sports its own 'Skyscrapers.'
>The tales of the Allied States Empire arming everyone one of it's peasants and forcing them into battle is untrue.
>The reality is arguably more disturbing, as the Allied States are a product of rebellion against a world spanning empire (called Bryts apparently, and strangely enough many of the Allied States people mourn their loss. Perhaps as a warrior people they long for familiar foes) they have ancient laws ensuring each citizen has a right to bear arms.
>as such a man need only possess the capital to purchase a weapon from the great merchant dynasties that dominate their land...or even haggle with a man who possesses weapons of his own. It's said that for every citizen the Allied States boasts they have four weapons.
>As such their 'President' a king chosen by the mob who may serve a maximum of eight seasons before being ousted so another may take his place simply asks his citizens to join the military
>peasants, lacking material wealth and luxuries often join in promise of a steady source of meal and lodging
>>
>>48131634
If it's like ours around 1000 AD, it'd have 400 millions. Minus whatever North America and its seas displaced.
>>
>>48131542
>tfw admin-Paladins fighting Cyberdemons
FUND IT

>>48131643
Well if we're talking "belief fuels gods", wouldn't all the fuckers who believe God is merciful and loving outweigh the BRIMSTONE AND DOOM guys?

>t. Christian
>>
>>48131643
>What are we going to do when proto-YHWH turns half of New York City into fire and brimstone because the Westboro Baptist Church got upset about a gay performer singing at the Thanksgiving day parade or some shit like that? Our own god is going to punch us in the dick as often as not.
Social Engineering, and a very real reason to have a state religion (for the sake of weaponizing and utilizing our own God).

Need some inspiration for the sciences? Raise up the next generation to worship the knowledgable aspect of Columbia.
Ready to fight a war?
Raise up the next generation to worship her martial aspect.
>>
Does NA include mesoAmerica as well?
In that case, America gets to test out the:
From the Atlantic to the Pacific!
From Alaska to Panama!
thing all over again.
Also, the Panama Canal would be entirely worthless.
>>
>>48126894
I didn't know we imported the internet.
>>
>>48131643
Even the Orthodoxy thinks god has more chill then fire and brimstone at current time, and the WBC doesn't exactly have strong faith, just straight up hatred masked with the trappings of faith,
>>
>>48131715
Yeah, you have the download bandwidth just like RAM.
They're both made in electronics sweatshops in Taiwan.
>>
>>48126755
Probably a bunch of conquest, investment, and colonization depending on what we're calling "standard" here.
>>
>>48131715
You'd probably have 4chins and whatever's hosted in the three countries.
>>
>>48131679
>>48131726
What if Gods are spawned from their holy books, but draw relative power from those who believe in a particular holy book?

You can literally rewrite Gods, but they'll only transform based on how many people believe in the new edition.

Based on the solidarity the different worshipers of different books feel towards each other, there's a very real chance that a God might actually split, rather than simply having different personalities.
>>
>>48131679
>FUND IT
Greentext fag plz write
>>
>>48131768
Even if it's not god would still split.
Merciful god and not-so-merciful god would be fighting in the heavens all day.
>>
>>48131768
>God has a personality disorder from the fifty thousands sects existing in the US.
>>
>>48131679

> wouldn't all the fuckers who believe God is merciful and loving outweigh the BRIMSTONE AND DOOM guys?

Dunno. I suspect that what we would end up with is an incredibly schizophrenic god. One that is Old Testament today, New Testament tomorrow, sawing back and forth based on all kind of factors that are difficult to model.

'Natural' Gods in the fantasy world wouldn't have this problem, because they would have had self-reinforcement. The god acts a certain way at the start of his religion based on what they believe about him, and that reinforces that perception of him, and it just snowballs out into a consistent god.

Our god was born in a vacuum, from its very inception crafted from very different and often mutually exclusive beliefs and and perceptions. We are either going to end up with a god that comes off as bipolar as fuck, or multi-headed abomination, or multiple 'Gods' that all embody different aspects that we attribute to the same monotheistic religion, each either unaware of the others existence or unwilling to admit their legitimacy as 'god' because each of the is the One TRUE God.
>>
>>48131667
I'm really liking this!
>>
>>48131518
Really depends on what flavor of YHWH we get, "God is love" is different than "Jebus hates fags"
Personally I think it may go unnoticed for a while as what would form is probably a god who roughly 99% of his miracle and messages could easily be mistaken for blind luck, god works in mysterious ways and all that

>>48131643
See >>48131634, if we go by belief=power at bare minimum we're ending with something that can kick most every other god's ass at once
>>
>>48131787
It'd be more like one of his fingers (probably a middle finger) has a particular penchant for smiting fags, commies, and muzlims.
>>
>>48131817
And another likes asking people to sacrifice their first born, another wants people to cut off the dick of their enemies and make piles of it, and another likes to flood whole planet and kill everything and everyone except one family, and anoter...
>>
>>48131653

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4MK9bJdclc
>>
>>48131812
> Personally I think it may go unnoticed for a while as what would form is probably a god who roughly 99% of his miracle and messages could easily be mistaken for blind luck, god works in mysterious ways and all that

Lets not forget that the divine math is going to get thrown off by negative belief: the belief that God DOESN'T exist by lots of people carrying that shit over from the old world.

That will disappear over time, any newborn generations are not going to have that particular worldview when they are raised in a world of magic. But I suspect it would greatly slow the 'birth' of YHWH.
>>
>>48127166
>there would be a famine, many would starve
Worse: We'd have to eat our excess corn, maybe even the corn meant to feed our beef.
>>
>>48131667
>strangely enough the Kingdom of Canadia boasts many cultural similarities to the Allied States but remains distinct. Strangely they are bordered on both sides by Allied States terretories. It's reported that the region Allasskaw is harsh and was apparently bought from Canadia's rulers in the distant past. (indeed it's reported that one of the Allied States largest territories are a break away faction from the Kingdom of Meheko. One cannot help but wonder if they are so magnanimous to their neighbors simply because they hold more territory than they could ever hope to properly govern)
>Canadia promises to heal the ills of all its citizens. Surprisingly they do a fairly good job of that. Currently the nation is courting the favor of the Frost Barons of Garon, apparently frequent raids by Frostfolk Pirates earned the ire of Canadia's warriors and they proved themselves to be impressive fighters even if their national character seems to be fairly nonconfrontational. (unsurprising when their closest neighbor are an unruly mob of overarmed peasants who claim to be at half strength while they force the Witch King Gol's armies further and further back into his Dark Homeland)
>Canadia is a wealthy land and would be considered mighty if not for her neighbors, and appears to be content to let the Allied States rampage through Gol's poorly managed empire while they court the icy folk of Garon, Chall, and Forst.
>Reportedly they've already wiped clean 4 of the twelve sacred islands of the Frostfolk and appear to consider the slaving and raiding habits of the Island Reavers a personal offence, going so far as to pursue one of the Frostfolk raider kings deep into the heart of Allasskawn territory with the blessing of Local Lords due to that barbarians destruction of a quiet fishing village in an attempt to gain slaves and winter rations.
>>
>>48131797
I'm imagining a whole bickering government of YHWH's. Just imagine the whole 3 Branches of Government, with every politician, staff member, and intern replaced with a bearded God of Abraham.
>>
>>48131817
>>48131797
If you don't mind pulling from The Dresden Files, then you'd have a "Pan-Abrahamic" God with IMMENSE power, that can only act in certain ways due to all the conflicting beliefs.

...if I read that series right, anyway.
>>
>all these people talking about YHWH
>not realizing that the American pantheon would possibly become a thing.
Washington reached Apotheosis, and I'm fairly sure we'd get some version of Columbia, Liberty, Lady Luck and Miss Fortune, the founding fathers as a sort of group of Holy Muses.

Perhaps we'd even spawn our traditional cryptids, not to mention bringing some cultural interpretations of the Devil into being.

>foreign travellers into America must be wary, for the presence of magic has given form to their traditional demons
>In their old north, one must be way of dark, dangerous, and savage beasts of evil in the forest.
>In their south, one must be wary of the siver-tongued devil who disguises itself as an urban man; it is tricksy, but honest to its word.
>>
>>48131852
>the belief that God DOESN'T exist by lots of people carrying that shit over from the old world.
Wouldn't that apply to any existing gods in the setting as well though?
If the atheists are nerfing YHWH, they'd sure as hell nerf the gods they've never fucking heard of as well.
>>
>>48127299
>the fated hero is America
Holy fucking fuck. I want to read this LN.
>>
>>48131896
I think you're wrong. Unless I missed a couple books.
>>
>>48127166
>famine
That's not how you spell avocado shortage.

>>48127265
>You're not going to last unless most farmers do a 180 and start growing different crops
What crops do they grow where you're from? Around here the biggest crops are corn, wheat, soybeans, wheat, rye, oats and grain sorghum. There's plenty of asparagus, cabbage, lima beans and snap beans as well, and if we dial back our wine production we'll have plenty of apples, grapes, and peaches to eat.
That's not including the massive amounts of pork, beef, dairy, and chicken farms.
>>
>>48131812
>Personally I think it may go unnoticed for a while as what would form is probably a god who roughly 99% of his miracle and messages could easily be mistaken for blind luck, god works in mysterious ways and all that
Probably the most likely for most circumstances, given that most people view God that way.
>>
>>48131667
An outsiders's POV is always interesting, love what you're doing

>>48131797
>or multiple 'Gods' that all embody different aspects that we attribute to the same monotheistic religion
We sorta have that in the trinity already (depending on the sect), and some sects do "worship" saints and angels to intercede with them, YHWH may come along with a pantheon of TotallyNot!gods

>>48131898
>not to mention bringing some cultural interpretations of the Devil into being.
Oh yeah, if we brought YHWH in we'd DEFINITELY be bringing in a new Lord of Evil as well
>>
>>48131857

> they triggered the Canadians

Wow. Those poor fucking bastards.

History has shown more than once that Canada doesn't gloryhog the way the USA does, but getting on their bad side means you are in for a world of pain nonetheless.

German soldiers in WW1 were fucking terrified of fighting the Canadians, because they loved using the 'walking wall' tactic. Basically firing waves and waves of their own artillery up to just 30 feet in front of their forces as they walked forward, leaving the entrenched germans helpless to escape or fight back or do anything other than duck and cover until the canadian military was right on top of them, at which point they got massacred at gunpoint.
>>
>>48129535
>most Americans are pretty big on patriotism
(This stereotype bears little resemblance to reality, aside from yesterday)
>>
>>48131961
>Oh yeah, if we brought YHWH in we'd DEFINITELY be bringing in a new Lord of Evil as well
I didn't even think of Satan proper; I don't think the rest of the magical world would appreciate a pure evil God.

I'm sure a good amount of them would be confused which of God and which of Satan were good and the other evil /tip
>>
>>48131877
>Angelic bureaucrats running around trying to get things done

as hilarious as it is heretical
>>
>>48131643
What counts as "belief" for god-fuel? There's plenty of people who believe more deeply in the fable of Batman, of a pure human grown into the greatest hero by force of will fueled by his inner turmoil, than in the divinity of Jesus and YHWY.

There's even more people who genuinely _believe_ that Harry should have wound up with Hermione. Or Luna. Or both. Does that mean Harry becomes the king of his own pantheon-harem?

The actual answer, of course, doesn't matter. As soon as people know that gods are real, then even if they aren't formed from human belief, some fucker on 4chan will try to organize a mass, synchronized belief event in his waifu to bring her to life. He'll probably get people to go along with it by calling it a proof of concept that tests the possibility of getting their waifus into reality.

Oh god.
Someone will try the same shit with Slendy
>>
>>48131942
I remind you that when Roosevelt promised "A chicken in every pot" he was making an impossible promise for the time. Everyone took it as comforting hyperbole.

I could eat chicken every fucking day now if I wanted to and I live in a ghetto.
>>
>>48129535
>Would the American Eagle become an actual deity of the American pantheon? How about Uncle Sam? The Invisible Hand?
see>>48131898
If we actually start worshiping old American mythology, OG Washington and Columbia would certainly become Gods.
>>
>>48131902
As funny as it sounds, I'm not sure about that. I'm a fairly staunch atheist but if you could show me a DnD style cleric I'd be on board with whatever he's selling pretty quick. If they don't have the whole miracles on speed dial aspect though you're probably right.

This makes me think - given how bad the satanic panic hysteria was, what's it going to be like when there's actual evil gods who'll accept human sacrifice and the like?
>>
>>48131857
>>Reportedly they've already wiped clean 4 of the twelve sacred islands of the Frostfolk and appear to consider the slaving and raiding habits of the Island Reavers a personal offence, going so far as to pursue one of the Frostfolk raider kings deep into the heart of Allasskawn territory with the blessing of Local Lords due to that barbarians destruction of a quiet fishing village in an attempt to gain slaves and winter rations.
North America teamwork. Hell yeah.

>>48131902
People who believe that gods/God don't/doesn't exist aren't actually hugely frequent, and being transported into a magical world would probably shake things up for them.
>>
>>48131998
>Someone will try the same shit with Slendy
We already had some loonies stabbing one of their friends in a attempt to appease that character, so yeah. I can see that happening.
>>
>>48131998
>The actual answer, of course, doesn't matter. As soon as people know that gods are real, then even if they aren't formed from human belief, some fucker on 4chan will try to organize a mass, synchronized belief event in his waifu to bring her to life. He'll probably get people to go along with it by calling it a proof of concept that tests the possibility of getting their waifus into reality.

But anon.
4chan already has a God(s)
PRAISE KEK
PRAISE WINTER CHAN
PRAISE EBOLA CHAN
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.