[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
30k mechanicum proxies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: admechplastic.jpg (203 KB, 974x712) Image search: [Google]
admechplastic.jpg
203 KB, 974x712
Could I run 30k mechanicum using skitarri/cult mechanicus kits and other GW plastic?

I do not want to shell out for forgeworld resin, and I don't do chinamans.
>>
bump. is it doable?
>>
>>48126591
Here's the deal:

30K players, in general, have a stranger social contract than 40K players. They are much stricter about real models and proper models than 40K players are. If you deny this, you don't play both games.

Some would let you but almost all would judge you for it. Some will straight up tell you no. Take that for what it's worth.
>>
>>48131325

LOLNO!

At both adepticon and the nova open i check out the 30k games because they look fucking badass and 3/4 of the players were openly talking about chinaman and giving out his ordering info.
>>
>>48131325
I play 40k so I am aware of that. However 30k is growing, and 40k is shrinking in my area. I have absofuckinglutely no interest in collecting space marines, no matter the flavor.

Yes, I am aware each legion has its own wargear, playstyle, and whatnot, but I don't care.

Solar auxilia looks interesting, but I know if using admech as mechanicum is a faux pax, then using imperial guard for it would be even worse. So that leaves me to try doing mechanicum.
>>
File: hypocrite-heresy.jpg (149 KB, 858x911) Image search: [Google]
hypocrite-heresy.jpg
149 KB, 858x911
>>48131325
No, anon, that's just a bunch of retards who think counting rivets is cool.

Plastic mechanicus, with some conversions, makes fine mechanicum. Skitarii as thralls, kastelans as kastelaxes, the magos comes with an abeyant, and then there's all the mechanicum tanks based on SM and IG ones.
>>
>>48131420
Militia with the Cybernetics and Survivors provenances. Your core is a bunch of power armoured dudes that can take bolters or S4 lasrifles. And you can ally with Mechanicum for Castellaxes and Admech tanks.
>>
>>48126591
Sure, make an army of nothing but a Macrotek Magos and Servitors w/ Heavy Bolters/flamers for troops.
>>
>>48131354
>tourneyfags are also pathetic chinashits

Well I'm not surprised, they don't care about the hobby, only winning, and they're probably not rich enough to constantly change to the new flavor of the month without recasts.
>>
>>48132139
Not to mention the rampant corruption and drama that plagues every Adepticon and NOVA like illegal lists and collusion.
>>
>>48132139

>I dont like people who play in tourneys because i spent $3,000 on my HH army and they spent $300 to get more minis!
>forge world is free from defects and every cast is perfect!!!
>every cast from chinaman is piss poor and i can spot a fake from a mile away. people only buy the miscast crap because its cheep!

From what i have played 30k depends more on how you play rather then 40k which depends on what you take.

Chinaman is good for some things. However the resin he uses is more brittle so i would not get things with thin wispy parts.

But anything that is big and bulky is good to go. Had a friend order some ad mech stuff through him and only a handfull of things were miscast and he got replacements sent out to him free of charge.

Its sad that forge world charges so much for their stuff that someone in china can buy expensive casting machines and turn a good profit by selling things for %50 off retail.

>>48132160

As someone who spends a lot of time watching top table games... Yes. There is a retarded amount of corruption at both.

More so at NOVA but adepticon is bad too.

I distinctly remember one year i was chatting up a staffer next to the judge table at the champs. They were doing pairings and i could not help but overhear 2 judges talking about switching who tony kopach was playing because they were close in points but this list was going to be easier for tony to beat.

But when you give out the prizes that they do you are going to draw out a lot of dirty tricks from people.

Personaly i think that every top table game should be given a block of unopened chessx dice at random colors and be required to use them for their games.
>>
>>48136338
>>forge world is free from defects and every cast is perfect!!!

Funny, nobody actually says this but all the chinafags claim their shit is flawless and superior to the source material.
>>
>>48138981
They're just trying to justify their blown money.

Chinashit is shit. Forgeworld shit is a better quality resin, but often warped and mishapen.

Basically they're both shit, but chinashit is far worse. The material is terribly brittle and details mucked up. Never again.
>>
>>48138981

I have spent more money then i care to admit on both forge world and chinacast.

The difference in quality is minimal. China resin is more brittle, FW resin tends to be on the soft side (for resin). I have gotten defects from both and both of them sent me replacement parts.

They both have minor bubble issues
They both have miscast issues
They both are good at making those things right.
>>
>>48131325
This is true, but it doesn't apply to the militia and cults list where you can use pretty much whatever models you want.
>>
mfw people get triggered over Chinaman

>>48131433
This has got to be in among the most autistic of /tg/ posts.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.