[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: life as a kitsune.jpg (202 KB, 680x440) Image search: [Google]
life as a kitsune.jpg
202 KB, 680x440
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Alex "not a furry" Augunas is writing Paizo's Blood of the Beast, which is for furry races and also some other 3pp book about even more furry races

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48110357
>>
>>48124544

>Internal physiology
>External physiology

Why?
>>
File: iconproto3.png (784 KB, 1237x981) Image search: [Google]
iconproto3.png
784 KB, 1237x981
Continuing from last thread:
>>48124457
>>48124429
>>48124374
Some basics.

>>48124463
Hmm.. Noted. It would be difficult to really change up her overall appearance since the cloak and gauntlet are two parts of an artifact set. I'll see what I can do though
>>
>>48124582
I like bottom-left.
>>
>>48124580
In case you... uh... gut one, I guess?
Probably thinly veiled genital description in there too.
>>
>>48124604
Top left and top middle a bests
>>
>>48124604
Hey again. I personally prefer the top center, the top left being a close second. The red is a nice tie-in with the cloak once you break up all the black. I might try a lighter purple.
>>
>>48124604

Top left looks great, really meshes well with her clothes.
>>
>>48124616
>Internal Physiology

>Internally, kitsune physiology is virtually identical to that of humanity, both in their human appearance and in their true forms. Despite their canine appearance, kitsune are omnivorous and posess dental structures that are similar enough to those of a human that they can eat and process anything a human can. Meat, fresh fruits, fish, shellfish, cheese, and rice are dietary staples to kitsune, and though they are infamously bad at handling their alcohol, most kitsune enjoy a mead, spiced liquour, and wine (especially rice wine).

>Female kitsune rarely give birth to more than one child at a time, and multiple births for kitsune are considerably rarer than they are for humans. When a pregnant kitsune changes shape, her body naturally guides the unborn child through the process as well, making form alteration a harmless endeavour for both mother and child. Some kitsune claim that expecting mothers need to change shape regularly in order to impart this ability to their children, however most kitsune accept this as an old wives' tale.
>>
File: iconproto4.png (288 KB, 1080x940) Image search: [Google]
iconproto4.png
288 KB, 1080x940
Looks like Top-left is winning out! This icon isn't finalized quite yet since Elsbeth's scythe could look vastly different depending on what augments are approved of, but this is looking good so far!
>>
>>48124726
See, what'd I tell you? A nice medium green goes great with red.
>>
>>48124726
Her right hand looks kinda... tiny though.
>>
>>48124726
She looks like a Christmas ornament. I think the red should be replaced with another color.
>>
File: simplify.png (162 KB, 829x714) Image search: [Google]
simplify.png
162 KB, 829x714
>>48124769
That it does; it helps tie everything together.

>>48124774
It does, but a chib-shit pic like this is meant more for a token and basic design configuration. Her right hand should look smaller than her left since it isn't dressed in a bulky and gaudy-as-fuck gauntlet, but in retrospect it is rather small.

..I have a bad habit of putting tiny hands on Elsbeth.

>>48124810
See, that's what I thought too. Admittedly the color scheme does work out for the most far, but it does ring something quite festive. It's why I was considering using white since it was a pre-existing color on her current pallet that was scarcely being used; however, the contrast between white and other color options seem quite jarring.
>>
>>48124849
>...for the most far
>far
*part

How the hell did I fuck that up?
>>
>>48124849
http://www.colorcombos.com/color-scheme-27.html

If you want to keep the red you should change the shade of it. Instead of the bright red make it like an orangy red like in the link. I just think the colors are a bit too bright.
>>
>>48124849
>See, that's what I thought too. Admittedly the color scheme does work out for the most far, but it does ring something quite festive. It's why I was considering using white since it was a pre-existing color on her current pallet that was scarcely being used; however, the contrast between white and other color options seem quite jarring.

The anon from before brought up a pretty good point; the reason the colors feel odd on Elsbeth is because her hair color and complexion doesn't mesh well with bright reds and golds.
>>
>>48124947
Yep. Frankly, I think she wants neutral colours, maybe with some cool accents.
>>
I'm going to be running Hell's Rebels for a group soon. Any bad things to avoid in the AP?
>>
>>48125021

Silver accenting would work great on Elsbeth, her breastplate's mithral (silver-steel) already, she just needs to throw in some mint greens and baby blues to make that hair really pop.
>>
File: fly.png (582 KB, 1227x962) Image search: [Google]
fly.png
582 KB, 1227x962
>>48125021
>>48125062
>>48124947

All very good points. Honestly, I keep some of the tones brighter than normal because of the way I shade my pieces (using shade/multiply layers using contrasting colors; like using a bright blue to make the coppery-red come out with a velvet tone and texture). But I am going to want to toy around with different color schemes.

On note of her armor, the Twilight augment makes armor appear transparent, as if it were made from an amber colored glass, hence the gradient from orange to white.
>>
>>48124445
Dragging this shit to the new thread, because discussing it is relevant to my interests. I've wanted to have something that only had the "all day" synthesist transformation (or something using similar rules) for a while. Agathiel failed to deliver on its concept and it gives me an excuse to homebrew something that actually works. If it winds up being just as shit? No harm done, and life goes on.

>Agathielunchained
>my autocorrect is so shit it just slaps words at the end of words

Fuck's sake, time to go disable that for real.
>>
>>48124947
>>48125021
>>48125062
Alright, you guys need to crank the faggotry down at least two orders of magnitude. This is /pfg/, not Ru Paul's Drag Race
>>
File: 1420362465319.jpg (49 KB, 437x709) Image search: [Google]
1420362465319.jpg
49 KB, 437x709
Hey guys,
what if,
and just here me out here,
We now got Warpriests and Hunters to play with,
So what if
We reduced Clerics and Druids to Wizard BAB?
>>
>>48125208
Nah
>>
File: 1434009413384.png (714 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1434009413384.png
714 KB, 1280x720
>>48125177
>trying to fit in this hard
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85 KB, 749x720) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85 KB, 749x720
>>48125177
>Alright, you guys need to crank the faggotry down at least two orders of magnitude.

Nigga you don't have to be a gay warlock to understand pairing.
>>
>>48125227
Oh come one, there's essentially no need for them to be both full casters and have 3/4 BAB now that we've got the hybrid classes. Plus it'll help mitigate a small fraction of the CoDzilla problems
>>
>>48125258
If Warpriest didn't suck ass I might agree.

Too bad it does.
>>
>>48125448
Eh, warpriest is good. It's a tier 3 class, it's got solid mechanics, access to a decent spell list. It's mechanically quite good.

What it is is boring as shit.
>>
>>48125515
I wouldn't put it at Tier 3 since the Sacred Weapon nerfs. It has to expend too many resources just to keep up its basic ability as a Guy Who Hits Things to have the versatility T3 requires, and it's not good enough at its One Thing, nor is that One Thing inherently versatile on its own, to qualify by that metric either.

Seriously, it's a giant case of 'why bother'. Cleric and Cleric/Fighter work better.
>>
>>48125539
Sacred Weapon got nerfed? Why? It wasn't even that strong in the first place.
>>
>>48125731
Because having full BAB for one weapon and Bard speed spellcasting is just TOO STRONK for Paizo, apparently.

Even though giving all the mid-caster classes (Magus, Hunter, Warpriest, even Psychic Warrior) full BAB would put them on the same level as the fullBAB PoW classes.

Seriously, the bonuses the midBAB classes accrue from their class features and spells fix the TAB issue, so really all that happens is they get shafted on their number of iteratives (which miss often anyway without heavy optimization, and at that point why not just be a Cleric and CoDzilla it up).
>>
>>48124726
Yay, is it this character getting spammed again!
>>
File: fyjES5W.jpg (11 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
fyjES5W.jpg
11 KB, 236x354
>>48124674

...Well. I'll just go ahead and file that under "Things I Didn't Need To Know".

On a slightly less creepy subject, how was your weekend/holiday, /pfg/?
>>
File: smugwizard.png (308 KB, 741x753) Image search: [Google]
smugwizard.png
308 KB, 741x753
>>48125781
Nice to see you too, anon
>>
>>48125775
Being fair here, Hunter and Magus get enough workarounds to their 3/4 BAB that I don't think it's really an issue for them, but Warpriest kinda needed it.
>>
>>48125864

Land of the Linnorm Kings has now entered the Inner Sea! The gang's currently docked in Corentyn getting papers for further passage, and the session ended with our Ulfen Merchant getting propositioned by a burly orc for some sanctioned streetside fisticuffs!

Turns out our 4'8 adorable Kitsune beguiler might be the best brawler in the group, girl's quick on her feet and hits like a truck.
>>
>>48124674
>foxes
>canine

No-one should support an author who can't even do the bare minimum research.
>>
>>48125891
I don't see the need for Warpriest at all, really. Just put the non-LG Paladins back in and let them pick between deity and ideal for their power source.
>>
File: Againts_The_Tide.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Againts_The_Tide.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1080
>>48125912
Yeah, I agree.

Hunter? Maqgus? They have niches. Hunter is THE petmaster class, and with proper setup can have a more powerful companion than a chained summoner's. Magus, particularly with the introduction of Eldritch Archer, is mechanically powerful in a number of different situations, and is the only class that lets you dual wield weapons and spells from level 1.

Warpriest, on the other hand, already has its niche filled by Paladin, Antipaladin, Cleric, Bloodrager, and even Alchemist, if you're comparing them mechanically. "Self buffs and then walks into battle" and "Divine warrior" are all it has, and other classes just do that better.
>>
>>48125864
After a couple of people left our skull and shackles game (leading to a 2v8 fight that caused our boat to capsize and the PCs to swim for it)
I talked GM into allowing everyone 2 characters so we could have a group of 6.

Kind of sucks that the ship is kill and most people are dead, I spent a decent bit of time influencing those NPC scrubs and I still hadn't gotten the halfling girl on to my dick. It still isn't too late, we could find her body.
>>
>>48125965
Don't forget Inquisitor too
>>
File: It Just Hates.png (355 KB, 396x418) Image search: [Google]
It Just Hates.png
355 KB, 396x418
>>48124674
>canine appearance
>dental structures that are similar enough to those of a human
>having a larger bearing on diet than digestive system and liver capabilities
>not understanding the basics of how specific shapes in carnassial dentition play a big part in determining what makes an animal part of Caniformia or not
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>>48125907
Foxes are Caniforms. Further, both dogs and foxes are in the Family Canidae, with the break down of course being at the Genus level, with dogs in Canis and Foxes in Vulpes.

They're essentially close enough to be both considered Canines.
Much like how Boutaloua curtapendula and Tripsacum dactyloides despite being different in different Genii are both members of the Poaceae family and thus are both considered grasses
>>
>>48125907
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Clade: Synapsida
Class: Mammalia
Order: Carnivora
Suborder: Caniformia
Family: Canidae
Tribe: Vulpini
Genus: Vulpes

>Suborder: Caniformia
>Family: Canidae
aka canines
Maybe you should do some research.
>>
>>48124544
How do Adamantine bullets work with Metal Cartridges?

Do you just add the price for the crafting cost of 1 metal cartridge
>>
>>48126113
Though Family does have far more precedence than Suborder in this particular instance
>>
>>48126135
>Do you just add the price for the crafting cost of 1 metal cartridge

Same way you pay for the price of an adamantine arrow, probably.
>>
>>48126150
Problem is arrows are individual items, the metal cartridge is as well, but it automatically reloads full capacity.

So it's 1 shot sometimes, 2 sometimes, 6 in a revolver.
>>
>>48126097
>Foxes are Caniforms. Further, both dogs and foxes are in the Family Canidae, with the break down of course being at the Genus level, with dogs in Canis and Foxes in Vulpes.

Exactly. And that means that foxes aren't canines even though they're canids.
>>
>>48126097
Guys, I found the Druid.
>>
>>48126135
A single piece of adamantine ammunition costs the base cost of the ammo (15 gold, unless you're rolling with guns everywhere, in which case it's 1 silver and 5 copper) and slap on an extra 60 gold.
>>
>>48126172
one metal cartridge is one piece of ammunition.
It's vastly overpriced in a rifle, and done in this way in order to fuck over people for daring not to use a bow; a crafted 7.5gp metal cartridge is, after all, equal to crafting 450 mundane arrows yourself in cost. that's right. 450x the cost of an arrow per shot.

However, thanks to their little rules hole, you're graced with a small consolation prize when it comes to special materials, as 20 adamantine arrows would be 1200gp and a few coppers, while a 20-round magazine (the smallest available on a madsen) will be filled up for just 67.5gp, less than 1/18th the cost

It's a shitty weapon, and massively massively overpriced, so you may as well just enjoy the cheaper ammo. It won't make up the price difference for a few adventures.
>>
>>48126144
I know, I was just copy pasting the entire tree from wikipedia. And believe me, some people are complete morons when it comes to what part of the tree animals are from. Fucking TSR and putting hyena based gnolls in the same genus as dogs.

>>48126173
Canine may refer to:

Biology
Canidae, domestic dogs, wolves, foxes, jackals, coyotes, and other dog-like mammals
Caninae, the sub-family
Canis, a genus including dogs, wolves, coyotes, and jackals
Dog, the domestic dog
>Canidae, domestic dogs, wolves, foxes, jackals, coyotes, and other dog-like mammals
>dogs, wolves, foxes, jackals, coyotes
>foxes

Nope, foxes are canines.
>>
>>48126172
No, Metal Cartridge replaces the standard shot-and-powder paper cartridge. 'cartridge' is what people generally mistakenly call 'bullet'.

For reference, here is a comparison of a paper cartridge and a metal one.

Firearms with a greater Capacity than 1 simply hold more, and do not need to be reloaded after every shot; they still use individual ammunition. For example, the pepperbox:

>This pistol has six barrels instead of one. The entire barrel housing can be quickly rotated by hand between shots (a free action requiring one free hand), allowing all six bullets to be fired before the weapon must be reloaded. Each barrel of a pepperbox uses either a bullet and a single dose of black powder or a single alchemical cartridge as ammunition.

Advanced Firearms do load all of their rounds at once; however, that is because they are stored in speed loaders, magazines, etc. or the method of reloading is merely 'shove the cartridge in it' rather than 'open the paper, pour the contents in the muzzle, insert the paper remains, and jam the shit out of it with the ramrod, then put the ramrod away'.
>>
File: CARTRIDGES.png (6 MB, 2764x1704) Image search: [Google]
CARTRIDGES.png
6 MB, 2764x1704
>>48126283
Forgot my image.
>>
File: disgust shinjis base.png (93 KB, 250x282) Image search: [Google]
disgust shinjis base.png
93 KB, 250x282
>>48126173
>aren't canines even though they're canids.

So you're saying, by your own logic, that Tigers, Lions, Jaguars and Leopards are not Felines either since despite being members of the Felidae family they are not members of the Felis Genus.

You're an idiot who cannot into phylogeny. For terms regarding clasifications such as Canine, Feline, Ursine and similiar, Family is the precedence used for said grouping, not Genus.
>>
>>48126174
Bollocs, the Fuzz is onto us! SHUT IT DOWN!
>>
>>48126283
Doesn't that mean they're completely and utterly unusable?

Even in a guns everywhere scenario, each individual metal cartridge is 1.5gp due to being 10% price. Anywhere else, crafting your own is 7.5gp *per shot*, which means you're firing multiple scrolls worth per encounter, on weapons more expensive than magic ones before any enchantments.

ALSO it completely fucks up NPC gear values...
>>
File: Gunslinger.jpg (603 KB, 1348x1400) Image search: [Google]
Gunslinger.jpg
603 KB, 1348x1400
>>48126172
>>48126268
I've said it once and I'll say it again: allowing the Guns Everywhere rules fixes the vaaaaast majority of problems with guns.
>>
>>48126422
Assuming you pick up Gunsmithing or splurge on a pouch of Abundant Ammunition, it shouldn't really be an issue.
>>
>>48126422
Yes.

>>48126447
It does not, as >>48126422 has demonstrated.
>>
File: 1436138377887.png (66 KB, 296x285) Image search: [Google]
1436138377887.png
66 KB, 296x285
Tell me about that upcoming campaign, lads.

The one you're applying for, joining, or even just waiting for the first session to roll around. What's it about, and what are you making?
>>
>>48126521
It's a continuation/reboot of a previous campaign that I only played through a small portion of.

We're all starting at lvl 6 or 8, and it's going to be a fun little game of just us being a crew of Mercenaries doing what we can to screw over the Aspis Consortium.

We got a Transmutation Wizard, a Barbarian/FMWarder (me), and I'm unsure what the other guy will be since he's remaking him from the ground up, but probably either a Myrmidon or a Warlord

I wonder how hard we'll derail things this time.
>>
>>48125208
Clerics have a better BAB than wizards because they have a much worse spell list and won't be casting spells every round, Druids need medium BAB because they are melee characters. Also fuck nerfing shit like this is an MMO.
>>
File: GunGirl.jpg (91 KB, 545x1000) Image search: [Google]
GunGirl.jpg
91 KB, 545x1000
>>48126496
But it does. It's a little more expensive than your standard armament, but, say, a musket costs 150 gold, which while expensive for a 1st level character is still doable. and at that point, bullets only cost 1 silver apiece, or 5 copper if you build them youself. by the time you get to higher levels and have access to enchanting, the costs of maintaining your ammunition become negligible, as >>48126484 points out. And that's if you don't just make a custom enchantment that automatically reloads your gun for you somehow, such as the Auto-loader magazine in Steelforge (though you'd have to make one for firearms instead of crossbows, but somehow I doubt that's an issue in a Guns Everywhere setting).

A rifle, particularly a pepperbox rifle, are extremely good weapons outside of their misfire chance. long rage, touch attack out to 400 feet (well beyond the normal range of a DnD encounter), and can fire several times before needing a single action to reload all their bullets in the case of a pepperbox rifle. the only thing it really loses out on versus the longbow is a few very specific things and strength-to-damage, which targeting Touch AC more than makes up for.

It's not perfect, but it's far from bad, particularly when you can afford the damn thing. they are, in fact, comparable to longbows in a lot of situations. You just have to make sure your ammo generation isn't shit.
>>
Any way to Bash with Tower Shields?

Paizo, 3pp, 3.x, I don't care.
>>
File: Stupendous Strength.jpg (472 KB, 618x651) Image search: [Google]
Stupendous Strength.jpg
472 KB, 618x651
>>48126708
>>
>>48126724
Thanks!
>>
>>48124674
>When a pregnant kitsune changes shape, her body naturally guides the unborn child through the process as well, making form alteration a harmless endeavour for both mother and child.
Fuck that.
I vastly prefer the "pregnant shapeshifters are locked into one shape for the duration" trope.
>>
>>48126657
But don't druids already have great battlefield control and a pet to buff at their pleasure?
>>
>>48126708
>>48126724

What is the damage of a spiked tower shield?
>>
>>48126670
Another thing I forgot to mention is that Guns Everywhere making firearms Simple weapons means that a barbarian or fighter can pick up a shotgun or blunderbus for actual AoE attacks, which is something even DSP martials struggle with, and makes Swarms less party-destroying against a mostly martial team. This is actually pretty fucking important.

>>48126752
Yes, which is why the melee ability got nerfed in the shift from 3.5 to Pathfinder.

>>48126777
Read the feat again; you deal damage as a Heavy shield for bases, so applying spikes makes it like a spiked heavy shield.
>>
File: Charline-Nash.jpg (47 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Charline-Nash.jpg
47 KB, 400x400
Is there a spell that I can use to conceal the identity of my "dead" character from PCs?
>>
>>48126786
Thanks. I'm too damn sleepy.
>>
>>48126744
I always loved the fluff note from Eberron that a changeling from there (basically half-doppelgangers) suddenly get locked into a female form as soon as they get pregnant.
>>
>>48126806
The Herald of Passion among content published by Paizo has the same note:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/heralds/herald-of-passion
>She can conceive and give birth, though it is rare for her to do this as she must remain in elven form for the duration of her pregnancy and the Goddess of Passion dislikes having her herald unavailable for extended periods.
>>
>>48126744
>>48126806
>I vastly prefer the "pregnant shapeshifters are locked into one shape for the duration" trope.

Agreed, if I knock up a a dragon in her busty silver-haired form, I expect her to stay in that form for the duration of the pregnancy.

Plus, it keeps her slightly more vulnerable than in her dragon form, giving the DM plot hooks related to protecting her.
>>
>>48126521
I want to run a campaign in which the setting's most-inhabited solar system contains two planets capable of sustaining life. There are no deities, only misunderstandings of powerful creatures from other systems and planes.

Magic stems from a fifth fundamental energy besides gravity, strong/weak nuclear, and electromagnetism. I call it Bullshit Energy, because it's the thing I can reference to explain away my bullshit.

The solar system is a young one, in galactic terms. The crust of each only recently cooled enough to be consistently solid. Each planet was influenced by extraplanar and extraterrestrial beings in similar ways - water found its way to the surface, life made it there somehow, and so forth - but for the most part, the planets evolved separately for a few million years, having been given a headstart by their forebears. Some of their forebears are extinct, and some left more evidence of their influence on the world than others. Some can even be contacted, if you're overtly powerful (the spell Contact Forebear works as Contact Other Plane, but asks the question of a selected Forebear's planet).

Only one planet has humanoid life dominating it - that is, creatures of the Humanoid type - because on the other, their Humanoids were all transformed or killed by other species, or Forebear influence. Powerful Undead, Mind Flayers, Dragons and other great and terrible monstrosities rule it. The largest planetary conflicts tend to arise over raids on the other planet, and the Great Crisis, which I will get to later.

The other planet is more vanilla; the surface is dominated by the usual core races and so forth, the underground by Drow, Duergar, and similar, and the mantle is inhabited by Fire-immune Monstrous Humanoids whose Forebears were likely Fire Elementals. The players will probably start here, at least for their first characters.
>>
>>48126724
What is this from?
>>
>>48126836
One of the DSP monstrous races books. Don't remember which one.
>>
>>48126836
One of DSP's Monster Class books, Savage Races 1. It's in the Trove.
>>
>>48126822

Why is the herald of lust giving birth, anyway?

Are they implying Calistria and her herald gets turned on by the thought of getting bred?
>>
>>48126825
>not knocking her up in dragon form
pleb
>>
>>48126859
>Are they implying Calistria and her herald gets turned on by the thought of getting bred?
Yes.
>>
>>48126825
that would actually explain why half-dragons generally look like their non-dragon parent with some draconic features, wouldn't it?
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598 KB, 438x750) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598 KB, 438x750
>>48126867
>>
>>48126744
>>48126806
Problem there is when exactly do you get locked out?

Some would argue conception, but there's several issues with that: First you're not pregnant yet. A non-implanted egg has no influence on the body at all, it's just floating there for the moment. Second, you may not become pregnant at all - numerous fertilized eggs are considered unviable and rejected unless the female's body is particularly aged and close to menopause, in which case it may not successfully detect or prevent implantation of such cases, leading to offspring of 'lowered quality'.

The most sensible lockout point would be a successful implantation of the blastocyst. This does mean that constant shapeshift MAY act as a certain level of contraception when done across various species barriers, but otherwise works perfectly well and can (unlike conception) be explained by a hormonal assault by the new life.

Also gives a few days to a bit over a week before one's fun is discovered to have any consequences, but then that's what various poisons have historically been for.
>>
File: wienerwant.jpg (62 KB, 329x275) Image search: [Google]
wienerwant.jpg
62 KB, 329x275
>>48126859
>>
>>48126861

Anon, the parts just won't find friction that way, we're talking sausage through a window here. Yes, you can probably use magic, but that's an awfully messy workaround for a fairly simple (in fact, natural) solution, no?
>>
File: 1449462393095.gif (208 KB, 354x534) Image search: [Google]
1449462393095.gif
208 KB, 354x534
>>48126859
>Are they implying Calistria and her herald gets turned on by the thought of getting bred?

Wait, are you telling me there are people who *don't* get turned on at the thought of being bred?
>>
>>48126828
Each planet has attained localized space travel in a limited fashion. The monstrous races tend to use purely magical means of spaceflight - some are even capable of it naturally, being outright immune to the vacuum, the raw influence of their Sun, the cold and the lack of air. One of the largest conflicts between worlds was a Dracolich losing a local war and trying to re-establish himself on the other world. Dragons in this setting gain immunity to the rigors of space upon becoming Young Adults, and they are a frequent interplanetary menace. A category of Aboleths is also natively spaceworthy, though they aren't very numerous, and two cabals of Mind Flayers have found that they can propel themselves through space on chariots driven by dominated Space Whales.

The humanoid planet does have a few cases of mostly-magical spaceflight, though it's usually the extremely rare case of I Can Cast 9th Level Spells. It's still restricted to the upper echelons of humanoid society, as spaceships of any degree of magical empowerment are hella expensive compared to the average commoner's coin purse contents; the cheapest is somewhere in the range of a 6th or 7th level character's WBL. The ships run from almost-pure-magic, being little more than a rigid hull laden with bound elementals that create light, heat, thrust, and so forth. On the opposite end of the spectrum are almost-pure-tech ships, using IRL-style contraptions at fantasy-level scales, using magic for little more than a fuel source and a way to deflect heat during re-entry or maintain hull integrity for automated repairs. Most are somewhere in the middle, using magic for one thing and technology for another.
>>
>>48126909
That sounds awesome, actually. I'm gonna use that fact for my next character.
>>
>>48126922
>Yes, you can probably use magic, but that's an awfully messy workaround for a fairly simple (in fact, natural) solution, no?
and how the bloody hell is that any different at all from what you suggested instead?

At least with me using transmutation to get bigger we'll both be in a form we're relatively comfortable with and she won't get locked for 9 months out of her true, original, and gloriously magnificent and powerful form
>>
>>48126961
The Great Crisis is simple: both planets were formed originally by a much larger planet being struck by a small planetoid-sized comet (which is generally blamed on the forebears, which causes wars among those who worship them frequently), and rather than one becoming the satellite of the other or a binary system forming, the orbit of one mysteriously decayed for a brief period and was brought back by some Forebear entity (which one it was is often claimed by those who worship them, causing yet more conflict).

Over the hundreds of thousands of years, the planets' orbits have gotten closer and closer together, slowly influenced by one another over the time spent in that wonderful goldilocks zone of humanoid livability. It's recently become apparent to both sides (after a series of struggles involving powerful sages trying to convince everyone that it is, in fact, happening) that what amounts to the End Times for most of life on both worlds is at hand, and even to those precious few capable of truly communicating with them (Contact Forebear is a long, expensive, and difficult process, on top of being a 9th-level spell), the Forebears have been silent on the matter. Some think the Forebears have abandoned the worlds they seeded, some believe they are expected to find a solution for themselves, some see it as holy retribution for perceived sins, some see it as the Forebears' disappointment in them leading to them mashing the planets together and starting over - nobody agrees, and nearly every nation, large and small, is at war with somebody. Conflicts between the planets have risen to new heights, as growing tension and the march toward the expected date of collision grows nearer have lead to an increasing Us Versus Them mentality between worlds.
>>
>>48126978
Whether the players seek to resolve those differences and conflicts, champion one of the many causes each planets' factions has to offer, try to create a bastion for life on some distant world as an ark to play Forebear themselves, or simply create a safe place to sit back and watch the worlds collide and burn is up to them.

I want to run this for my usual group, but unfortunately we can only consistently get together on Sundays, and the usual GM doesn't want to alternate days.

There's a good deal more to it than this, but I think I represented the gist pretty well. I was going for a Spelljammer x Dying Earth feel.
>>
>>48126962
>I'm gonna use that fact for my next character.

You're going to be playing a character who spends the entire campaign pregnant?
>>
>>48126954
I can't get bred, so I get turned on by the thought of breeding.
>>
>>48127015
No, he's going to solve the problem of the changeling thieves' guild sneaking into fancy parties and stealing things by getting them all pregnant.
>>
>>48127028
minmaxer who doesn't empathize with their roleplayed characters spotted
>>
>>48126806
One of my Pathfinder characters got pregnant near the end of the campaign. She was a shapeshifter and got locked into one (elven) form because of that. When the campaign ended, she was 2 months pregnant.
I'm a girl.
>>
>>48127028
Ditto.

Few things claim a body as clearly as having some of your DNA visibly growing in her for around 38 weeks, too, so it's like having her walk around in light bondage.

>or so the wife tells me; I don't actually get that bit but I'll admit the sex was amazing the whole damn time.

Too bad we can't really afford a second right now and have to stick to just rollplay.
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (194 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
194 KB, 663x537
>>48126970
>and how the bloody hell is that any different at all from what you suggested instead?

Anon, you're forgetting that Metallics are typically very comfortable in humanoid form - in fact, the hypothetical dragon getting knocked up in this scenario was a Silver Dragon, who are above all others the most likely to spend the majority of their natural lives as people.

This is a dragon that has "Alter Shape" as a spell-like ability right out of the egg, the humanoid form of a Silver is as natural to them as their four-legged frame.

>we'll both be in a form we're relatively comfortable with

Unless you're a scalie, you're going to get a lot more enjoyment out of fucking your blushing lover in her humanoid form, rather than a monstrous lizard - in fact, she'll enjoy it more too, since beyond the aforementioned comfort in humanoid form the Silver is a selfless dragon that gets off on seeing humanoids happy. She can't wrap her arms around you in dragon form, or kiss you, or lock her knees around your hips or the multitude of other intimate things that would probably be happening at that moment.

>and she won't get locked for 9 months out of her true, original, and gloriously magnificent and powerful form

I'm not convinced a Silver's going to find their powerful humanoid body (they keep their stats, you know) any less magnificent than their winged natural form. Even in her humanoid body she's going to be gloriously powerful.
>>
So uh... ammunition's destroyed on hit, isn't it?
And it either stays perfectly fine or is destroyed on a miss. right?

So... what's the point of living steel ammunition?
CAN it grow itself back into proper shape?
>>
>>48126150
By playing Mage: The Awakening?
>>
>>48127054
I don't tend to play girls honestly. Most of the groups I've been around get a little.... cringey on that topic, best to avoid.

If I was rping a girl, I would get turned on the by thought of a band of roving orc tearing ipen my garments and slaking themselves inside me though, yes,
>>
>>48127143
>I would get turned on the by thought of a band of roving orc tearing ipen my garments and slaking themselves inside me though, yes,

>Orcs
>Not getting knocked up by the lecherous merchant-prince or claimed as the mate of your party's lycanthropy-afflicted hunter

Anon please, your womb is valuable; don't let it go to waste on some random rapists (unless you're into that sort of thing.)
>>
File: izyouloot.png (69 KB, 216x327) Image search: [Google]
izyouloot.png
69 KB, 216x327
>>48127177
We're not talking the idiot evil orcs here.

Her womb isn't just being filled, anon.
Orks have their own ways.
>>
>>48127136
Well... hmm, let's take a look at the actual rule here
>Generally speaking, ammunition that hits its target is destroyed or rendered useless, while ammunition that misses has a 50% chance of being destroyed or lost.

The "Destroyed" condition just means it's an object with 0 HP left, and is thus unusable in a typical sense. Therefore there's nothing stopping a sundered or otherwise destroyed object made from Living Steel from just reconstituting itself given a little time.

Steel has 15 HP per inch of thickness, so... any bullet you can find you just need to wait a week and it'll be usable again without penalty.
>>
>>48127229
so... theoretically functional, but useless in practice huh?
>>
>>48127306
Well, if you get yourself something like 50 living bullets and a few spare normal bullets, it could work. that way you can have a rotation of living ones to pull out with surplus in case you need extra.
>>
Can you polymorph an undead to make them alive for a bit?
>>
File: 1448773760268.png (93 KB, 339x261) Image search: [Google]
1448773760268.png
93 KB, 339x261
>>48127177
>or claimed as the mate of your party's lycanthropy-afflicted hunter

Lycanthropy's the best curse ever.
>>
>>48127383
Yes. Something you need a living character that's currently dead for, anon?
>>
>>48127408
I'm going to become a lich soonâ„¢and i need a way to experience the joys of being a man every once in a while
>>
>>48127383
No. Polymorph spells only change your shape, your type remains unchanged.
>>
>>48127426

Just keep a ring of gentle repose on you at all times.

You'll never get dry and gross if you never let your body break down in the first place.
>>
>>48127426
I can just imagine a lich making a custom amulet of Alter Self to turn him into what he looked like before he died. Wears it most of the time in fact, as it'd let him sleep, breathe, sex, and even eat and enjoy it all.

"What? Every once in a while a guy just needs a goddamn nap, or a pizza, or something."

You likely wouldn't rot either, while in that shape.
>>
>>48127401
Do Skinwalkers get the same amount of lust aimed at them as lycanthropes do?
>>
>>48127485
>not making it a tattoo around the base of your dick labeled 'ETERNAL YOUTH', with an arrow pointing to your dick
>>
>>48127383
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/daywalker
>>
>>48127507

No, but that's because most people don't know what a Skinwalker is.

Plus the whole "mild-mannered companion cursed to become a ravenous unthinking beast" thing is one of the big appeals for lycanthropy.
>>
>>48127507

Skinwalkers are in that awkward middle-ground between civilized humanoid and raging beast, which is the one place you don't want to be since people either want their dorky human man or the huge slathering bestial werewolf, not something that's kind of both.
>>
>>48127635

>He doesn't want a Witchwolf Skinwalker that claims your character as their mate, and viciously defends them as a faithful cohort

How's it feel having shit taste?
>>
>>48127571
A magical tatoo of this shit solves everything. Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1448926151909.png (474 KB, 719x765) Image search: [Google]
1448926151909.png
474 KB, 719x765
>>48126521
Wrath of the Righteous with Gestalt instead of Mythic.
I'm making the encounters.
>>
Many thanks for everyone's help, Zootopia rosters are set (characters not quite fully written yet). Lots of re-fluffing going on for the casters (of which there are four) and the one paladin is having the Smite target shifted to Lawbreakers, now fluffed as an equipment emergency overclock. I can link sheets once they're set if anyone wants to see them.
>>
>>48127426
Just Magic Jar yourself into a Clone or something.
>>
>>48127507

I want to headpat a skinwalker!
>>
File: WIZARD.jpg (309 KB, 933x1352) Image search: [Google]
WIZARD.jpg
309 KB, 933x1352
So /pfg/, question. What's the highest spell DC that can be attained? Whatever build, single-track, gestalt, tristalt, dodecastalt mythic 10 with every feat in the game, whatever. Let's just assume a 60 in the relevant stat (+25 mod), what's the highest for 1pp-only and 3pp?
>>
File: 1455176823029.gif (433 KB, 350x343) Image search: [Google]
1455176823029.gif
433 KB, 350x343
>>48127900
>>
>>48127900
>>
>>48127909
Around 56.
>>
>>48128020
Can you show the math...?
>>
>>48128070
Yes.
>>
>>48128070
Nah.
>>
>>48127900

Headpats are not lust, they are affection.
>>
File: 1460284472823.jpg (110 KB, 900x1250) Image search: [Google]
1460284472823.jpg
110 KB, 900x1250
>>48127507

Hard to say, last time I played a Witchwolf Skinwalker was in an ERP campaign, and lust tends to be fairly common in those sorts of things.

He knotted the busty sorceress and they became an adorably monogamous couple, before the campaign ended she even got knocked up.
>>
>>48128070
Maybe.
>>
>>48128070
Can you repeat the question?
>>
Should I play a wayang illusionist wizard or a kitsune wrecking mysticism oracle?
>>
>>48128546
>Should I play a wayang illusionist wizard or a kitsune wrecking mysticism oracle?

What does the party need? What are you interested in playing?

I ask because Kitsune wrecking mysticism Oracle is incredibly fun if you know you're playing the closest thing to a "traditional" Kitsune you could possibly make.
>>
File: mofu.png (524 KB, 928x1250) Image search: [Google]
mofu.png
524 KB, 928x1250
>>48128546
Kitsune. Always kitsune.

Be a shota foxboy.
>>
>>48128590
>>48128585
No idea what the party is, and would go for either.
>>
>>48128590
Also I fucking despise the shota fox boy meme.
>>
File: foxboy dancer.png (635 KB, 1074x1000) Image search: [Google]
foxboy dancer.png
635 KB, 1074x1000
>>48128629
Why?
>>
File: 1342902850240.jpg (69 KB, 762x425) Image search: [Google]
1342902850240.jpg
69 KB, 762x425
>>48128612

There's more material for playing a Kitsune Oracle, I'd suggest going for that.

Become the mature, respectable party mom.
>>
>>48128590
>>48128650
As someone who technically played one of these: fucking don't. It's a shit concept, and it only worked for me because I shelved the character until a timeskip happened.
>>
>>48124544

Bros i need your help.

I want to create a Cult of Ihys as the primary antagonists of my campaign. (Ihys being Asmodeus's fratricide-ed brother.) So far they're an anarchist group, but to the extreme, like planar anarchist.

So far i have had them set off a Magical Artifact thingy in the Worldwound which is slowly scouring the land of evil, making it a Chaos incursion, rather than a Chaotic Evil incursion.

Right now they're doing "something" in Cheliax.

I'm having issues ironing out motivations, And i'm hovering around rendering "rendering everything to it's base state" in the Material Plane so something new can be made.

What do you all think?
>>
>>48128738

Wasn't Ilhys against creating free will?
>>
File: 1392017549161.png (22 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
1392017549161.png
22 KB, 234x200
>>48128709

>mfw I thought playing a stoic Paladin bro would be fun
>mfw I spent a week of torture in the campaign before calling it halfway through a conversation scene

>>48128760

Because you're playing a little boy with a fox tail? If you're going to be a Kitsune, at least fucking make them adults.
>>
>>48128759
No, he was completly for it. Asmodeus was against it. but after killing him about it. He let it stay.
>>
>>48128738
Groups that want to "remake the world" are generally populated by nihilists and cynics that want to tear down particular things.

As such, having something in particular a leader or important character wants to tear down is a good start.
>>
>>48128839

There's literally nothing substantial to the concept beyond a description that will last maybe five seconds in the campaign before the DM starts expecting you to roleplay.
>>
File: 2huConfusedWoof.jpg (402 KB, 730x780) Image search: [Google]
2huConfusedWoof.jpg
402 KB, 730x780
>>48128760
Look at your image(s) and think about what you're saying, anon. Really, truly, think about what you're saying. THINK. Would you accept a player who walked in saying "I want to play a half-fey loli catgirl"?

>>48128785
>Get shoehorned into a human paladin because the group I joined "needed a bulky martial to stand in front"
>figure I can make him a cool bro that cares about the well-being of his allies
>me and my character are pretty much ignored, except for occasional "dude would your paladin be mad if I did x", "dude lmao lay on hands is so gay, let me just use my wand on the guy who needs healing", and "we're going to fight exclusively in pitch-black caves, you're the only one without darkvision. No you can't have any item that helps you see anything."

I wish my first time playing a paladin wasn't entirely me getting shit on for it.
>>
>>48128899
>Look at your image(s) and think about what you're saying, anon.
It's a foxboy dancer, dude. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>48128945
>It's a foxboy dancer, dude. What's wrong with that?

It's weird to openly flaunt your fetish without any sort of substance beyond it, anon.

Like, you could post a voluptuous barely-clothed woman and say she's a Lamashtan breeder, and if you actually put more thought into it than *fucking none at all* I'd give you honest advice.
>>
>>48128902

It's still boring, anon, unless you're doing some small dom/large sub hypnosis.
>>
>>48128990
>hurr look a retard is shoving his fetish in people's faces
>better whip out my fetish too!
Kill yourselves, both of you.
>>
>>48128760
Because it's a game about combat and children shouldn't be there, also you're telling the other players you're a pedophile.
>>
>>48129103
Doesn't change a thing.
>>
>>48128967
>Like, you could post a voluptuous barely-clothed woman and say she's a Lamashtan breeder, and if you actually put more thought into it than *fucking none at all* I'd give you honest advice.

What would encourage a woman to become a breeder for Lamashtu, anyway? It can't just be for the freaky forbidden sex.
>>
>>48129150
>Crazy
>Definitely for the freaky forbidden sex
>Revenge, since she can tell her horrible monsterbaby or horrible monster lover to go beat up a dude or w/e
>Money, maybe she gets paid for it
>Power, Lamashtu DOES grant spells
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15 KB, 560x407
>>48129150

She was sterile, and prayed to Lamashtu for her womb to quicken so she may bear children.

Lamashtu answered, gave her the healthy children she wanted, but also expects her to continue using that blessed womb to bring forth monsters.
>>
>>48129289
>and prayed to Lamashtu for her womb to quicken so she may bear children.

You know, it kind of sucks how the only goddess you could really pray to for the whole "I'm sterile" thing is literally the Mother of Monsters.
>>
>>48129407
Erastil?
>>
>>48129407
Lymnieris sorta fits the bill.
>>
>DM says he's going to alleviate the feat tax
>He's giving Weapon Finesse out for free
>Not Power Attack
>>
>>48129459
>not Combat Expertise
>>
So Rising Zenith Strike from Scarlet Throne says you do double damage on a hit if the Sense Motive check exceeds the target's AC.

I know that the rules for what gets multiplied in Pathfinder are wonky as hell. So, what actually gets multiplied?
a) Static modifiers, such as Strength score and Power Attack bonuses.
b) Weapon damage dice.
c) Non-weapon damage dice, such as Sneak Attack and Flaming Weapon.

My reading is that it's a & b and not c, but if anyone can confirm that'd be handy.
>>
>>48129781
You would be correct, only a & b would be multiplied.
>>
>>48129781
I think that's the reading, yes.
>>
>>48129781
Can you power attack on Rising Zenith Strike, since it's a Sense Motive check instead of an attack roll?
>>
>>48129903
No.
>>
>>48129903
Yes you can, as it's still an attack. As such, all modifiers on a normal attack still apply. In addition, you threaten a crit normally on your weapon's crit range.
>>
>>48130068
>>48129903

You cannot crit with a Zenith strike. It's a skill check; natural 1s are likewise not auto-misses and natural 20s are not auto-hits. You do apply Power Attack to it though, because it has specific wording in the maneuver for that.
>>
>>48130123
>You do apply Power Attack to it though, because it has specific wording in the maneuver for that.
No it doesn't.
>>
>>48130068
kek, cucked
>>
File: 1467703261227.jpg (69 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
1467703261227.jpg
69 KB, 400x397
All wizards in PF become Martin, what now?
>>
>>48130136

>"he may add any enhancement bonus from his weapon or feats that apply from the use of his weapon to this Sense Motive check as well"

This wording isn't perfect and will be adjusted to more clearly state how it works, but it's still there.
>>
File: veilweavers.gif (485 KB, 272x251) Image search: [Google]
veilweavers.gif
485 KB, 272x251
Akashit Mysteries PDF when?
>>
>>48129903
>>48130068
>>48130123
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19532605&postcount=160
>>
>>48130123
>>48130139
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19703869&postcount=253
Has this ruling been overturned?
>>
>>48130216
>>48130190

I'm going to be honest with you, the GitP FAQ thread is a mess and some of the answers in the thread have no basis in the rules. Each post in the thread is being looked at for the PoW 1 errata project, and each of them will be addressed to get the actual answer. Most of the answers are fine but a decent amount just don't function or were based on things in playtesting that no longer exist.

So, yes, that ruling is overturned. I don't know if it was based on incomplete information, a discussion about RAI that led to the answer, or just a consensus that has changed. But Zenith strikes don't critically hit or critically fail. RAW-wise, critical threats are based on attack rolls, which zenith strikes do not use.

In any case, the reason that skill check attacks in PoW E apply bonuses and penalties to their roll is because they have this wording:

>Any bonuses and penalties that would be applied to a normal attack roll, such as weapon enhancements, spell effects, or the penalties for fighting with two weapons or shooting into melee, are applied to the skill check as well.

The skill check substitutions in PoW 1 currently do not. RAI, they should be assumed to work like that, but RAW they don't. This will be amended.

Skill checks that replace saves or CMB checks, notably, do /not/ have this wording, and do not apply bonuses or penalties you might otherwise have to them.
>>
>>48130372
I'm the one who originally asked so thank you, this was very helpful.
>>
>>48128298
You're not the boss of me, anon.
>>
>>48126113
Yes, but why use canine instead of vulpine? That makes much more sense, because they're fox-humans, not dog-humans.
>>
>>48124544
Is the guy's nickname really "Not a Furry?" I'm just asking because that's kind of a shitty nickname.
>>
>>48130176
I don't know why, but your picture still makes me so angry.
>>
>>48131011
You want to maul a loli.
>>
>>48126868
It would, though they probably weren't thinking along those lines when they originally wrote it. It was probably just tradition that half-somethings always looked like the base race more than the other one.
>>
>>48130162
>one million hitpoints and maximum charisma
so he has shit saves, shit casting stat (wizards don't use charisma) but can never die to damage. The first time he runs into a real wizard with a save-or-die, he's proper fucked
>>
>>48130176
That's the updated version of the old Magic of Incarnum book, right? Any good explanations or tutorials on how that stuff is supposed to work? I remember not being able to wrap my head around it back when I first read it.
>>
>>48125044
The entire AP.

It's a non-stop parade of useless NPCs, Kintargo is presented as oh so wonderful but there's little reason to like the place, the first adventure encourages the DM to cheat to keep an NPC alive, the villain is turned into a joke from the very start and every adventure follows an identicle format;
>Big intro event encounter
>NPC tells you what to do
>Multiples mini-missions and NPC fetch quests
>Middling-to-Large dungeon crawl
>>
>>48126016
>halfling girl
Please tell me you don't mean the foul-mouthed little shrike with a violin?
>>
>>48130991

It's the name he earned after assuring us that he wasn't a furry, and that Blood of the Beast wasn't a furry supplement. And then assuring us that furries will definitely like it.
>>
>>48131032
Well yeah, but that doesn't stop it from being a decent explanation.
>>
>>48130991
Still better than, "definitely not a pedophile".
>>
>>48131208

It's almost like the AP was made by the developers, for the developers.
>>
>>48131387

Of course he means the foul shrike with a violin, they see her cleavage and assume she wants your spunk on it.

Little do they know he should really be going for the redhead.
>>
>>48131689
The problem with that is it's meant to be mass consumed.
>>
>>48131718
>spoiler
Little do they know, there's TWO redheads to go for!
>>
>>48131755

Sandara Quinn is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>48131831

Who is the cutest waifu in Pathfinder, anyway?

Trinia Sabor?
>>
>>48131954
Qanon
>>
File: 1451104669929.gif (136 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451104669929.gif
136 KB, 500x500
>>48131831
Fairwind a best, tho

>>48131954
See above spoiler

>>48131978
>pic related
Stop that.
>>
>>48131994
Eat a dick, Q-senpai is real and loves us back
>>
>>48132033
But not love loves. Qanon is married to her shift key.
>>
>>48131994

Fairwind is a plain Jane appealing only to guys that think they can fix her horrible opinions on love and relationships through liberal application of the dick and handholding.

At least Sandara is on your side from the start, hell shouldn't shagging a Cleric of Besmara put you in her good graces?
>>
>>48132053

>Shift key
>Not Sylph key

Desu Senpai.
>>
>>48132096
>>48132053
Wasn't she married to her sylph, Forrest?
>>
>>48132033
Loves you the way a pop star loves their fans: it's the surface attention, not the dirty bedroom shit you come up with.

>>48132069
>plain Jane
>literally the most brusque of all of the characters, fun to RP as the GM
>following the shit paizo puts down word for word and not making the character resemble something tangible

Shit taste tbqh senpai

>>48132119
>that pun
I thought Forrest was a dryad, though?
>>
>>48131954
Trinia Sabor is pretty qt.
>>
>>48128254
Where did you find this erp campaign?
>>
I need a low-level (like, CR1-3) enemy that will take prisoners and not immediately kill/maim/eat the prisoners. I was going to use hobgoblin slavers, but I'd rather hold onto hobs until further into the campaign. I could use human slavers, but that doesn't seem inherently evil enough. What are my options? Setting is temperate woodlands.
>>
>>48131954
Baknarla, but then again I'm a degenerate
>>
File: 1463438895479.jpg (198 KB, 1078x1348) Image search: [Google]
1463438895479.jpg
198 KB, 1078x1348
Is there an easy way for an archer with Enlarge Person to use Large ammunition? I've been told to get a Glove of Storing and stash a Large quiver in there but that shit's expensive
>>
>>48132348

Elliquiy, a forum-based RP site that regularly runs PF content.
>>
>>48132366
Cannibal elves defending their territory. They prefer prisoners alive to ritually season them, with torture, before having the village feast on them in honor of their god.
>>
>>48132398
The ammunition won't be large, but using a wand of Gravity Bow can emulate the kind of affect you're looking for.
>>
>>48132366
Get some Gnolls. Gnolls are great. There's also Pygmy Gnolls.

What I like to do is give the regular Gnolls Saps and Mancatchers and the little ones Nets and Bolas.

Works best if they're ambushing the PCs, though you should probably be fair and give them a chance to notice they're being followed. Very distant smoke from the gnolls' campsite coming downwind, giving 'em a chance to climb a tree and realize someone's coming for them. If they ask about the region of an NPC or via Knowledge (Geography/Local) check let them know horrible slaver gnolls live in the area or something. Give them the opportunity to fuck over somebody else by leading the gnolls to them, too - they're opportunistic about who they kill or capture.
>>
>>48132506
Gnolls are cool.
>>
>>48132506
Make sure the ambush starts with horrible mocking laughter, that way you give your players gnoll PTSD and they compulsively search for a d20 when they hear it.
>>
>>48132398
You can get one of those bow enchants that auto-creates ammo, or use sizing ammo. You could also get a single large arrow w/ abundant ammo.
>>
File: 1449560712684.gif (479 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1449560712684.gif
479 KB, 500x250
>>48132381
Good taste.
>>
>>48132348
Good ERP campaigns are like orgies, anon.
Either you're invited to one or you aren't. Searching for one is a bad idea.
>>
Has anyone here had a GM make NPCs based off of your real life selves?

Dealing with a very uncomfortable situation right now based on it.
>>
>>48131742
The problem is that you think that.
Don't like it? Make your own shit then.
>>
>>48133199
If something is making you uncomfortable, talk to your DM about it.
>>
>>48133281
That's a pretty shitty attitude to take, anon. Paizo sold the AP for mass consumption. They did so with caveats, sure, as was right and proper, but the expectation is that within those caveats a fun, well-written product will be delivered, one that aids the GM in running it.

Telling the very customers it was supposed to help, but seemingly didn't, to make their own isn't just condescending, it's missing the point of the type of product. On top of that it's dismissive of the feedback process that helps people improve.

TL;DR get fucked.
>>
>>48133437
I think it might be more the "oh gods, this is what I sound like to these guys" kind of uncomfortable.

Anon needs to talk to his mirror about it.
>>
>>48131689
u wot m8

APs are made by the team, for the community, marketed to the lowest common denominator of the community. They're the simple, stripped-down, no-frills "Here's your absolutely basic campaign with no real substance" adventures to serve as intros or fuckaround stuff when a GM is bored of making their own things.
>>
>>48133443
This. This is why /pfg/ loves you. Right here.
>>
>>48133571
...Vhat?
>>
>>48133642
/pfg/ loves you because you're a cool bro.
>>
What's the best two handed weapon? I need to finish an age old argument
>>
>>48133718
Greatsword for general use. Lance for cavalry charging.
>>
>>48133718
Greatsword does most damage on average, but any 2d6/1d12 weapon will do, with 2d6 doing more average damage, but 1d12 dealing more extreme damage.
>>
>>48133718
Greatsword for up close and personal, Lucerne if you want reach and greater versatility

Seriously, Lucernes are amazing
>>
>>48133845
Guisarme has more consistent damage and Trip.
>>
>>48133903
Trip is a shit weapon quality.
>>
>>48130991
>>48131399
Why did everyone think he was a furry anyway?
>>
>>48133803
>>48133805
>>48133845
So we're all saying the same thing. Greatsword default, other stuff for special situations
>>
>>48126521
It's going pretty good, aside from the DMs brother that nobody likes is tainting it with his prescience.
>>
>>48133995
What, like you use Brace or Sunder your loot?

At least when you do want to trip, the Guisarme can pull it off. Oh, and gaussian distribution means you're more likely to roll a 5 on a 2d4 than anything else.

>>48134089
Greataxe is identical for damage at size Large or larger, and as a two-handed meleeperson, you're gonna have a Large weapon pretty quick if you do it right.
>>
>>48133718
Nodachi
>>
>>48134103
If nobody likes him, go to your DM as a group and tell him. Kick him out. If your DM can't do that, you're gonna have bigger problems in the long run.
>>
>>48134043
Because everything he does uses fox-furry kitsune?

>>48134128
Still better than Trip.

Oh boy! If I fail by 10 or more I can NOT fall on my ass, by dropping my weapon!
>>
>>48134128
>Greataxe is identical
Different threat range and crit multiplier though, which is important.
>>
>>48133281
I prefer liberal applications of fire and striking it forever off the record
>>
>>48134158
A x3 on a high Strength modifier is better than a 2x on 19-20, but not 17-20, so yes, if you want to critfish, the greatsword is better.

The falchion's even better, though, and is also two-handed and slashing, and is 2d4 for consistency (average damage is 2 less, but it hits its average more often, and is thus more reliable), so there's really no reason in my mind to use a greatsword. Axe if I want slashing on a regular build, Lucerne if I want B/P on a reach build, Guisarme if I want to try to relive the failed dream that is the trip lockdown build from 3.5e, and falchion if I want to be a faggot that relies on 14-20 to deal my full damage when I could just go for 10-20 or even less instead.
>>
>>48134144
>Because everything he does uses fox-furry kitsune?
Really?
>>
>>48134346

I distinctly recall stories on here about him running fox-furry centric adventures.
>>
>>48124544
I want to run an experiment. Say I cast soul bind on a dead guy and then cast create undead on the corpse. I have dead guy's soul in the gem, so who's soul is driving the intelligent undead I just animated?
>>
>>48134447

Some other soul.
>>
>>48134417
The Fox's Wedding?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.