[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So im planning on starting a campaign in the hellsing ultimate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: This guy.jpg (353 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
This guy.jpg
353 KB, 1680x1050
So im planning on starting a campaign in the hellsing ultimate universe, what system should I use?
>>
[s]GURPS[/s]
>>
A bit more on what I have in mind. Post hellsing ultimate, remnants of millennium sticking around being assholes, mad scientists like Herr doktor are popping up trying to cash in on the immortality market. The players would be part of a anti vampire task force whose job it will be to keep vampire spread to a minimum.
>>
>>48121090
wild talents
>>
>>48121090
Savage Worlds with the horror companion book works for my group. Took a little houseruling to make it more accurate and balanced (Ignore the whole sanity thing unless you really want it for starters), but it's just fine for the purpose.
>>
>>48121444
Oh, also, unless you want every encounter to end in one turn, ban the Quickness spell. With the right setup it allows you to attack 4 times a turn without any penalties.
>>
>>48121090
Various superhero systems should work nicely for the wildly different abilities people in there pack.
>>
>>48121168
Either these
>>48121444
>>48121658
or Strike!
>>
>>48121101
Gurps should not be the answer to everything.
Just because it is, doesnt mean it should.
>>
>>48121090
CofD with extra xp at chargen
>>
>>48121090
My group used reflavoured World of Darkness. Worked pretty well, actually.
>>
>>48123024
>>48123066
At that point, you may as well use Shadowrun. At least your dozens of dice fit neatly into a box.
>>
>>48121090
I'd write a World hack.
>>
>>48123092
Yes, but nWoD is less of an autistic clusterfuck than Shadowrun
>>
>>48121090
Fate is pretty rules light so it might lend itself well for it.

Otherwise Mutants and Masterminds or maybe GURPS, as has been said already.
>>
File: Makube.jpg (34 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
Makube.jpg
34 KB, 225x350
>>48121168
>>48121090
Make sure this guy shows up.
>>
Kindred of the East. Use the Companion book as well.

Every power Alucard has is in there.
>>
One of your player's character better be a gun nut with a penchent for speed
>>
>>48124809
I'm not sure it's a good idea to play a character like Alucard in tabletop, ironically or not.

Super strong vampires using massive weapons are cool enough in their own right.
>>
>>48121090
World of Darkness is the obvious answer

If you want to do some of work converting setting-specific shit you could probably fling it with Dark Heresy; Hellsing and the Inquisition aren't that different
>>
Hellsing D20 is the only official and appropriate supplement/game to use.

Anything else is subpar and probably made by autistic shut-ins.
>>
>>48121168
Don't include Alucard, for reference.
>>
>>48125901
OP here, I dont want to set it in hellsing, but rather ultimate as it has more factions and characters to play around with.
>>
>>48126000
he said it's set in post. Alucard is gone for at least 50-60 years after. It's Sera's you'd have to be wary of.
>>
>>48125408
The entire point of Alucard is that he's so much more powerful than everyone else that he's essentially a force of nature rather than something you can fight. He'd make a horrible PC and I'd hesitate to make the players fight him even as the final boss. Alucard should probably be treated like the Lady of Pain, the best way to win is to not screw with them and stay the hell out of their way.
>>
I might actually try with World of Darkness as well. You have vampires of many types and tricks, divinely blessed humans, werewolves and who knows what other freaks going bump in the night.
>>
>>48121357
This is the correct answer.

Wild Talents is perfectly suited for Hellsing's mixture of intense, almost comical lethality and virtual immortality. On top of that it has really good combat rules, super deadly guns and a build-your-own power system that would work perfectly with Hellsing's eclectic mixture of vampires, werewolves and cyborgs.
>>
Op here, Im just gonna homebrew a system because it seems that whatever system I use itll have to be houseruled or homebrewed anyway. But thanks for the suggestions guys, you are all awesome.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.