[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best destruction blaster maximum damage magic build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 244277.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
244277.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1440
What is the best destruction blaster maximum damage magic build for pathfinder?
>>
Dual-Bloodline Sorceror.
Make your first bloodline Elemental so can automatically change all damage spells to a second element.
Make your second bloodline Draconic, in a color that matches your elemental bloodline, giving you a boost to all your element-converted spells.
>>
File: 3.PF Caster Edition.png (132 KB, 580x400) Image search: [Google]
3.PF Caster Edition.png
132 KB, 580x400
>>48119081
Blaster mages are pretty weak compared to support/debuff magic builds, unless you're spending alot of time fighting large groups of enemies. That being said, they're not awful, and there are a few ways to about this.

Sorcerers: Do what the previous poster said and mix elemental and draconic bloodlines. It's not a huge boost, but it's also not a huge penalty to take the Archetype (-2 will saves) unless you're facing alot of charm/illusion enemies.

The other option for Sorcerers is to simply take the Arcane Bloodline and spam meta-magic feats. The ones to look out for are:
>Maximize Spell: Max damage
>Empower Spell: Adds more hit dice to spells
>Quicken Spell: Cast a swift
>Dazing Spell: With area spells like fireball, this makes everything that fails it's save lose turns, making your damage incredibly supporty.

You other options are to pick a Wizard or an Arcanist, as wizards get a Specialization School and Arcanists have an Archetype and an Exploit to get a Specialization School.

It may sound contradictory, but Evocation is actually NOT what you want to specialize in here. Actually the best schools are as follows:

Conjuration (Teleportation): You get a free teleport that you can use as a swift action. With Dimensional Agility Feat, you can essentially do this with no downside. This gives you, as a swift action, a way to disengage from melee combat and grapples without provoking an attack of opportunity, and pretty much skip concentration checks. It also gives you a way to get on roofs and other highground without having to use flight.

Divination (Foresight): All the prepared rerolls, all the saves passed.

Elemental (Void): Reveal Weakness absolutely shreds your opponent's ability to make saves. Although this requires allies who can take advantage of this.

Beyond this, load up on Metamagic feats, same as sorcerer.
>>
>>48119081
If all you want is truly damage, crossblooded sorcerer with the orc and draconic bloodlines and the bloodline mutation for blood havoc. That gives you 2 bonus damage per dice on every spell with one extra damage per dice when dealing damage of a chosen element. Then you take varisian tattoo and bloatmage initiate to pump your caster level, and use intensify spell whenever possible because you'll have some dead levels where you have spell slots but no spells known to use in them.

This isn't a great build, but it does a lot of damage.
>>
>>48120192
Replace Empower Spell with Intensify Spell, my bad. It's been awhile since I've played PF, so I got their effects mixed up.
>>
File: izcgWn0.jpg (59 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
izcgWn0.jpg
59 KB, 600x598
It should be noted that you probably shouldn't choose fire as your bloodline element, as fire resistance is the most common resistance among monsters.

Or, talk to your DM and see what type of foes you're likely to face. If it's mostly going to be other humanoids, fire should be fine.
>>
>>48120192
Adding to this, and if you have the feats to spare, school focus, spell tatoo, and other things that raise the DCs for your spells are nice to have.

Spell Penetration is nice to have as well, but I wouldn't recommend investing in it unless the GM really likes throwing stuff with Spell Resistance at you. And even then it's usually easier to just pick up a good conjuration spell and let one of your summons whale on the magic-resistant enemies with physical damage.
>>
>>48120482
It's not a big bonus, but if you're gonna go that route you might as well try to get it as often as you can. Picking a more uncommon element is probably a better choice, but talking to the DM about what you will be fighting is crucial.
>>
File: 1467078925837.jpg (664 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1467078925837.jpg
664 KB, 1000x1333
Speaking of damage -- what's the destruction capability for clerics and anyone rolling with divine magic?
>>
>>48122215
Not very high until you start being able to ask your god for personal favors. They've got some offensive spells for sure, but generally they're not getting the huge multi-target explosion'y stuff.
>>
> I want to be a no-fun meta abuser piece of shit and I'm not even good enough to pull it off myself
That's beyond pathetic
>>
>>48119081
My favorite blaster is a Theologian/Divine Strategist cleric- not PFS legal but ask your GM if you can combine the archetypes since one modifies the domain ability and one replaces it (they only let you choose one domain). Pick the Ash domain so you can prepare the blasts you need with free metamagic outside your domain slots, just carry an elemental metamagic rod to get around fire resistance.

The cleric gets intensify spell for 100% free, then with magical lineage and/or the wayang trait that's identical you have the greatest flexibility for using metamagic on blasts in the game even if you do a little less damage than the sorcerer the ability to cast spells at -2 effective level for the same effect is huge. Carry an elemental metamagic rod to avoid resistance, us spell mastery/perfection and enjoy wearing armor and having more HP. Divine Strategist also would replace channel energy with initiative boosts.
>>
>>48123320
>Meta abuser
>Blaster mage

You haven't been in a game with a save-or-suck mage or a Cackle-Witch yet, have you?
>>
>>48119081
Full Caster
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.