[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tell your group you're starting a new game for X system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
>Tell your group you're starting a new game for X system
>Tell each person individually to roll up a character that's like the protagonist of whatever their favorite anime is
>Don't tell people that you told this to each player

What system would it be and what do you think they would show up with?
>>
>>48118440
Something rules light and universal.

My group, I can guarantee you, would be Gene Starwind, Sailor Moon, Guts and Char.

I don't know how to make that work.
>>
>>48118440
i don't know about the system, but the character would all be gay because 90% of anime is gay.
>>
>>48118562
So then wouldn't 90% of the characters be gay, assuming a large enough sample size?
>>
>>48118440
>your favorite X
IMPOSSIBLE
I CANNOT CHOOSE FAVORITES
do you KNOW how many things I've watched?
>>
One of them keeps hopping from favorite to favorite, but it's usually some shonen nonsense. Gurren Lagen is the last one I recall clearly. Two of the others would be Sailor Moon and Ash Ketchum. I guess Kiki for me, if movies count.
>>
>>48118440
Big eyes small mouth?
>>
>>48118480
That actually sounds workable in an Outlaw Star style space fantasy universe.

You have:
A hot shot mercenary/bounty hunter armed with a magitek relic seeking adventure.
A former mercenary cyborg berserker out for revenge on his former captain who betrayed the company in exchange for power from evil entities.
A space princess with magic powers from a long lost ancient good space empire.
An ace mecha pilot who is secretly the heir of the deposed ruling family of a newly independent space nation. His family was backstabbed by the current ruling group.
>>
System: Exalted
Player 1: Goku
Player 2: Lina Inverse (female Player)
Player 3: Tony Tony Chopper (female player)
Player 4: Kirito
Player 5: Natsu with Happy familiar
Player 6:
>>
>>48119221
Sorry Player 6 is....
Jurai the Pervy Sage

Umm...Story...Beats me. I figure toss them in a room and let something bad from the back story of one of them creep up let it evolve from there sandbox style.
>>
>>48118440
>all the characters are little girls with no skills
>>
>>48118440
Cthulhu Tech, it is shitty and weeaboo as fuck, perfect for everyone playing a special snowflake.
>>
>two samurai Jacks
>a Goku
>a Vegeta from a guy who insists that Vegeta is the true protagonist of DBZ once you get to Namek
>>
>>48120975
in his favor, vegeta was WAY more interesting than goku
>>
>>48120984
Don't disagree. Vegeta actually got character growth, so did Gohan (which was undone via Buu saga).
>>
>>48119895
>no skills
Pfft, Cardcaptor Sakura would kick ass in X system.
>>
>guy who looks like gygax
No
>cop friend
The fuck is that?
>repairman friend
No.
>dad
No.
>brother
Fag.

None and nothing. I get blocked for dming for the foreseeable future and weird looks from everyone for a year.
>>
File: infernocop.gif (711 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
infernocop.gif
711 KB, 500x280
>>48118440
>implying any GM would let me play this shit
>>
File: image.png (793 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
793 KB, 1136x640
>>48118440
>I show up with a socially inept high school teenage boy who delivers tofu and races in a 1986 Toyota Corolla
Stat me, tg.
>>
>>48118440
Edward Elric
Goku
Kagome
Sailor Moon
Ichigo Kuosaki
Space Dandy

I'd have to figure out how to make it work and which system, but it might be cool.
I'd probably GMPC as Speed Racer for an occasional encounter.
>>
>>48121169
>speed racer
>not mysterious racer X
come on, anon, step it up
>>
>>48121179
>not thinking that I, Speed Racer, cannot be Racer X who is my brother, but also me.
>>
>>48121215
no, you see, unknown to speed, x is his older brother rex who ran away from home years ago.
Racer X, who speed does not know is his older brother secretly!
>>
>>48121231
>>48121179
>>48121215
So X is the car who is Unbeknownst to speed, secretly his brother?
This is a confusing Knight Rider reboot.
>>
>>48121146
DEJA VU!
>>
>>48118440
Wild Talents

Vash the Stampede
Ash Ketchum
Goku
Kyōma Hōōin
>>
>>48121261
here is a video that explains the complexities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7gC7tNC2wg
>>
>>48118480
Fucking love out law star, not one person I know has even heard of it. All they talk about is attack on Titan shit, anyway my group would be, naruto, Edward Elric, Yang (not really an anime but yea) and kirito.
>>
File: Onepunch2.png (851 KB, 800x1354) Image search: [Google]
Onepunch2.png
851 KB, 800x1354
Shenanigans ensued.
>>
>>48121467
>people haven't watched outlaw star when they were young
>people haven't watched tank police when they were young
I don't know how I got a tap on such good shit when I was little
>>
>>48121492
>Saitama is your favorite character
>Not just from the show, but all of anime
I mean he's fun to watch, but half of the point of the series is to demonstrate how much more interesting the other characters with more modest powerlevels are and see them develop. Why be him when you could be Metal Bat, or Rider, or Tornado
>>
Pretty much did this in BESM a while ago, Party was unique to say the Least. I was expecting several crazily OP Characters but actually got a somewhat Lower powered characters and surprising choices to say the least....and thats when things got out of hand.

Player1: Doctor Rockso
Player2: Mumen Rider
Player3: Yamcha
Player4: Franken Fran
>>
>>48121537
I find ti funny that the most interesting characters of the Series for me....are actually the weakest. Im still hoping of more Mumen Rider in the OVA's, and Perhaps even King in Season2
>>
Since my group's not a bunch of neckbeards, let's gamefind /tg/!
I'm Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>48122254
>Yamcha
I don't think I've ever heard of a Yamchafag.
>>
>>48123662
Pretty much Player purposefully made a under powered character with Reincarnation for 1/Year....I think im lucky to have players that are more in it for the fun/roleplay then actual power, so even when i gave them the chance to go crazy they kept it somewhat reserved.......for power level at least, actions are another matter entirely.

>>Doctor Rockso Character keeps the voice up the entire campaign, at one point tainted the drinking water with LSD in order for them to get into a secure outpost
>>
>>48118562
Please leave this site.
>>
>>48122795
Hi, I'm of your powerlevel.

Wanna play some GURPS?
>>
>>48121142
dafuq i'm looking at
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
>>48118480
>char

Quattro would be a great party member, he was fucking indispensable in Zeta. Ace pilot, party face, diplomat, politician, spy.
>>
>>48121066
I think he means they'd be from a slice of life like k-on or azumanga
>>
>>48123994
Inferno cop ULTIMATE JUSTICE WHO WILL HUNT DOWN THE SOUTHERN CROSS
>>
>>48123994
Inferno Cop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0E-1MD0bw&list=PLO6Uy5ZP5JdkxWMQzSLAgAOCU_Qs2Si0t
>>
>>48118440
Oh boy here we go
>Coyote Starrk
>old JoJo
>Kamina
>KillerBee

And my fifth player absolutely loathes anime

I guess I would use 5e, because it's the only system they have actually learned
>>
>>48118480
>>48119120
That actually sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.