[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General - /exg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: Exalted Map.jpg (194 KB, 752x426) Image search: [Google]
Exalted Map.jpg
194 KB, 752x426
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Tell Us About Your Circle and Their Mighty Deeds Edition
>>
>>48117274
We managed to convince a deathlords to move on
>>
>>48117861
how?
>>
Are there any repositories of 3e NPCs for me to steal from?
>>
>>48118315
It was a very long mix of social combat and roleyplaying because the 2e social combat system was a mess. It was the lover and basically they manged to convince her that there was more to life than the hedonistic pleasures she had devoted herself to. It wasnt like one conversation it was also several sessions of them actually doing things that she didnt expect and didnt make sense to her. She decided to give the whole heroism thing a try and so moved on.
>>
>>48117274
My Circle is currently waging war against the Mask of Winters. After we took and unified a sizeable portion of the River Kingdoms (and the delicious ruins within), we managed to convince Lookshy and Nexus that Thorns was too dangerous to leave around. We've been in open warfare for a year now, and he's starting to field bonestriders. I play Seventh Star, a Twilight Caste, who seeks to ultimately unravel the Underworld and send it to oblivion along with its dark masters, removing undead from Creation entirely. She's heavily, heavily invested in sorcery (and as of some recent down-time can create her own spirits!), and is only just now getting up to speed on crafting, so I'm not so sure I can match bonestriders. I'm hoping a well-placed Magma Kraken and maybe a 2nd-circle demon will do the trick. I'm open to suggestions for which demon to try. I can talk about the rest of the circle too, if folks are interested.
>>
How does Awakening Eye work? What happens if you use a charm that changes the base Join Battle roll?

The charm seems to let you add a full Perception+Awareness extra dice to the roll, but it doesn't say whether that ignores the usual dicecap rule. What happens if you use a charm that changes the Wits+Awareness roll to a roll with another attribute?
>>
>>48119353
>The charm seems to let you add a full Perception+Awareness extra dice to the roll, but it doesn't say whether that ignores the usual dicecap rule.
Because it doesn't.

It adds (Perception + Awareness) free dice, capped by your (Wits + Awareness), or whatever attribute you use for Join Battle.

>What happens if you use a charm that changes the Wits+Awareness roll to a roll with another attribute?
So long as it still uses Awareness, you can still use Awakening Eye regardless of Attribute. However, if you use Blinding Battle Feint, which makes JB into a *Stealth* roll, you cannot use Awakening Eye.
>>
File: binary-sunset-wall.jpg (1 MB, 2094x1200) Image search: [Google]
binary-sunset-wall.jpg
1 MB, 2094x1200
>>48118597
Get Octavian. He's about as good as a Dawn in a fight and is buff enough to be able to rip and tear siege weapons apart.

Anyways, I'm thinking of making Abyssals homebrew. I'm guessing we won't get em till quite some time and they're mostly Solars but ghost-y, so they shouldn't be overwhelmingly hard to assemble. My questions are:

1. What to replace Resonance with, if anything?
2. How to make it so you can serve the Deathlords and be at least free to do some things outside of what they want?
3. How exactly should the "chivalry of death" work out? I was thinking it should work somewhat like the Sins of Life from the previous edition, but less heavy-handed with the whole "You must kill EVERYTHING and have NO FRIENDS EVER."
4. Any good guides on writing charms?
>>
>>48119593
>1
who fucking knows, im gonna wait till we get more from the devs
>2
if im remembering comments from the what we know wiki about deathlords, the deathlords are kind of canonically letting the abyssals do their thing. Just letting them go, knowing they're exaltation will lead them to darkness just as the solars did.
>3
Will probably tie in with 1, and give them reasons to act not like murderhobos
>4
wait for exigents
abyssal plan seems to be same essence 1 base charms as solars but they move up into deathlord like powers instead of things like we get for solars.
>>
Anybody have a link to a copy of the Infernals Kickstarter preview?
>>
Which direction in creation do you personally think it would be the worst to live in?
>>
>>48120499
South. Fuck that sort of heat. Humidity near the dreaming sea makes things ten times worse.
>>
>>48120499

North. At least if you get too hot in the south, you can jump in one of the bodies of water that borders it. If you want to get warm in the North, well, you're just screwed.
>>
>>48119593
Name the supernal equivalent Chthonian Abilities.

I have no other answers for you.

I just want that to be out there.
>>
>>48120712
I'm going to go with North as well; if only because I think something is very... spiritually wrong with the whole direction.
I mean in two areas it's possible to pull up Soulsteel. Got a creepy prison city and in another city a way to turn people into high-functioning Undead.
>>
>>48120746
>in another city a way to turn people into high-functioning Undead.

Well, to be fair, the South has Paragon
>>
>>48121015
Swearing allegiance to the Perfect may hamper your freedom, but you aren't turned into a some perversion of life.
>>
>>48121089

>Body disfigured
>Subject to pain whenever disobey your owner
>Able to remotely killed at your owner's whim
>Able to have your senses hijacked
>Able to be controlled like a meat puppet

But not a perversion of life :P
>>
>>48120499
Worst to best

North > South > West > East > Blessed Isle
>>
>>48121181
The Perfect's geas really isn't all that onerous. Don't commit crimes or inflict injuries against your fellow citizens unless in self-defense. I mean, most people live their lives without breaking those rules regardless of where they live anyway.

Yeah, it kind of sucks that when you break the law, instead of having police officers kick down your door your hand starts burning and you have to go report to the police to make it stop.

Overall though, living a life as a law abiding citizen in Paragon isn't going to be any worse than living a life as a law abiding citizen in any other city-state in Creation, and in many ways, it will bring a much stronger measure of safety and security which is pretty unique in the Second Age.

It's definitely a lot better than getting murdered and turned into a zombie.
>>
>>48121328
Yeah, the 20th and especially 21st century viewpoints on liberty and what not are usually aghast at giving up freedom in such a personal way but I'd imagine a lot of feudal style serfs/peasants would be pretty down with it since they trade away what little freedom they have for a ton more security. Horrible shit does happen but damn bro, a lot of horrible shit happens in Creation, picking your poison will be quite appealing to a lot of people, especially poison they can ostensibly control by acting legally upright.

Will it likely come crashing down around the Perfect's ears, especially with PC intervention? Most likely.
>>
>>48121328
>The Perfect's geas really isn't all that onerous.

That entirely depends on the Perfect. Sure, so far he's been the benevolent dictator - but there's no guarantee he always will be. He's already violated one of the promises he made his people (taking them into an aggressive war against Gem), who's to say what he'll find necessary to do next in the name of expediency?

Taking on the mark of the Perfect is an absolute subjugation of self, of a kind, but far more pervasive than slavery. Like a slave, the best you can hope for is a benevolent master.
>>
File: yeah well fuck your shit.jpg (58 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
yeah well fuck your shit.jpg
58 KB, 600x900
Has anyone here played, or had experience with, an Exalted who has a strong noncombat focus in an otherwise combat focused group? We're starting up a game soon and while everyone else has a strong arsenal of combat charms up their sleeves, I find myself being drawn towards the Bureaucracy, Social/ Presence, and Investigation trees.

Is simply having a 5 in a combat skill (or, less?) going to be enough to keep me alive assuming I can manage a decent Parry? Is Crane as ideal for this sort of character as I think it is? Is War and a battlegroup an OK substitution for personal fighting skill?
>>
>>48121390

You can do combat-things with non-combat charmsets. Playing a character who does nothing but direct his amazing social-fu into making your enemies grovel at your feet in amazement at your awesomeness during combat is perfectly achievable - and very fun. As long as your ST gives you plenty of sentient opponents to work your will upon. And some of them have pseudo-combat charms anyway - like Holy Touch, or Seven Thunders Voice from the backer charms PDF.

Crane is fine, but it does sort of make you into a combat character - you'll be defending others and lashing out with counterattacks, so if you're concept is of a non-combatant, Crane won't really do.

Being defend-othered by a few mortal bodyguards, or being surrounded by a battlegroup are both pretty effective defences as well.

Alternatively, 5 melee, dipping swallow, and hail-shattering practice at E2 is a pretty competent (and cheap) defensive suite too.
>>
>>48121390

If you know what you're doing, its very easy to just have one combat skill. Shit I'd say that only picking one main combat skill for other castes is often the best, as while you miss on combat true you often do everything else.

Archery/Thrown will be addicted to Dodge for their only defense yes, but if you use Melee than you're golden for literally attack and offense. Hell even Brawl just by itself can give you a good amount of attack and defense (People downplay Brawl's defense. It's not as good as melee or dodge but it does the job well enough)

War as a single battle ability isn't a good idea, as you'd probably want to have competency yourself, and often I find it just as important in combat as out of combat.

MA's are a good choice for people who want to focus primarily on non-combat options. Crane makes you a walking tank, and Black Claw can make a beloved Prince of a country go to relived goon that everyone wants to lynch in no time flat (And goes amazing with war!), Dreaming Pearl Courtesan allows you make weapons and armour out of nearly anything and surprisingly makes you very beefy.

>>48121464

Hail-Shattering Practice also makes you God tier at clashes. Hail-Shattering Practice + Excellent Strike = Good times.
>>
File: 1318604015990.jpg (783 KB, 998x659) Image search: [Google]
1318604015990.jpg
783 KB, 998x659
>>48121464
>>48121485
Very informative posts, thank you.

I hadn't given much thought to using Melee in place of Martial Arts (Crane) to defend myself, and certainly hadn't thought of relying on my Social skills to talk people down mid fight (which I doubt would fly with my GM for continual use).

Mostly I want to avoid taking a stray arrow to the head, or an assassin's blade to the back, and to at least hold off an assailant until one of the several soldier types can come and save me. With self preservation in mind, and attempting to keep my skill/ charm investment as low as possible, would either of you give the edge to a defending/ counter attacking Melee build over a defending/ counter attacking Crane build? I'm currently at Str 1, Dex 5, Stam 3.
>>
>>48121752
The worst the GM can do to shut you down is have your enemies spend WP to deny your influence, forcing you to give greater evidence for your argument (like beating them up) this... isn't actually a bad outcome, WP is probably the single most valuable combat resource, so draining 1WP from an enemy is a pretty good use of a turn.
>>
>>48121752

Oh jesus you'll be fine with that.

Pick up that one charm that allows you to flurry a social + physical attack every round and then go into either Crane or Melee. I'd probably say Melee is better for first time users, as it does literally everything and with just even 3 charms your combat potential goes from "I can hold these guys off" to "I am an actual threat on the battlefield that needs to be addressed."

MELEE SKELETON PACKAGE
Charms (3): Excellent Strike, One Weapon Two Blows, Dipping Swallow Defense
Requirements: Melee 2 Essence 1
This is the default melee package one should aim for at the start ideally, allowing for both great offense and defense right out of the gate. Excellent Strike may seem questionable with +1 success and a 1/10 chance to gain more dice, but its main power is denying 1s to opponents who use those 1s their advantage, such as if someone use Bulwark Stance (Which gives a -1 success to your attack roll for each 1 you had in your attack roll). One Weapon Two Blows allows for an immediate attack once your initiative becomes higher than the opponent’s, allowing for a rapid loss in initiative for the opponent or just attacking another opponent. Dipping Swallow Defense allows you to keep your defense score high and gain initiative if you successfully parried, turning what could be a massively reduced onslaught score into something one can easily parry with.
>>
>>48121800
That doesn't sound like a bad trade. On a related note how much, if any bonus points, should go towards Willpower at creation? I feel like I may have overlooked their importance in favour of cramming as many 5s onto my sheet as possible.
>>
>>48117274
What use is there for Willpower anyway? I still don't understand why I should spend points in it.
>>
>>48121895
It pays for some charms, resists social influence, and can buff any roll.
>>
>>48121931
Combat rolls too?

So if I use willpower in an attack roll I gain an automatic success, is that correct?
>>
>>48121966
Any roll, AFAIK. Page 169 says you can spend willpower to add an automatic success to a roll (only one point per roll) and doesn't seem to have type limits. You must declare it before you roll.
>>
>>48117274
I want my zenith to be good at fighting. So I give him melee and dexterity. How much parry should a guy have to beat 70% of immortal enemies in creation?
>>
>>48122110
6. This deals with a storm mother or garda bird.
>>
>>48122232
Even when a simple mortal has a parry of 6 in quick enemy creation?
>>
>>48122262
The Bride of Ahlat in the antagonists has Evasion 5, Parry 4. The Elite Bodyguard has Evasion 3, Parry 5. If your "simple mortals" have parry 6, I think something has gone wrong with your quick enemy creation.
>>
>>48122329
Must be, yeah...
>>
>>48122110
>>48121836
>>48121752
>>48121485
>>48121464

This makes it sound like investing in MA is a waste of resources for anyone who isn't building a hardcore fighter. Isn't the Crane going to be vastly better in combat than the Melee character, for almost the same amount of (nominal) investment? Confirm/ deny?
>>
>>48122262
I think you may have confused Parry with (combat) dice pool. The former is calculated from half the latter. Simple mortals frequently have a dice pool of 6 and a Parry of 3.
>>
>>48122365
I think there are differences between Melee and the Crane MA. Melee gives you excellent defense and you will also be a lot better at getting rid of large groups of enemies.

Crane style focuses also on defense but has less potential for threat against larger groups of enemies. It's focus is on single target defense and counterattack against those that attack the defended target.

See >>48106637 and the next posts of his that explain it in greater detail.
>>
>>48122262
From the QC section in the leak (I'll go check my actual copy in a second)

Parry/Evasion Description
0-1 The QC is an unskilled combatant who may be relying on armor and nothing else to protect him.

2-3 Violence is part of how the QC gets along in the world. This is the rating of bandits, militia, thugs, low-rent mercenaries, and Exalts who don’t focus on martial prowess.

4-5 The QC is a seasoned fighter, such as a veteran soldier, a duelist, a high-priced bodyguard, a gladiatorial champion, or an Exalt who can carry himself well in battle.

6-7 The QC is a world-class fighter with an excellent weapon or shield. This is the Defense value of the Ream’s elite troops, the Brides of Ahlat, and the mightiest warriors among the Chosen.

So yes it is possible for a mortal to have a defense of 6-7, but that's only the case if they have 5/5 and a relevant specialty or a defensive weapon. It's also notable that you probably shouldn't be able to statically exceed the best possible mortal parry; Exalts generally (and especially Solars) are not meant to casually exist in super human states, they become so only temporarily through the use of essence and charms, and with even the most basic defensive charms you could pump your defense to 10+ when the need truly arises
>>
>>48122413
Table is the same in the released book
>>
>>48122413

I often consider that table a load of crap when designing an Exalted opponent. Most of my PC's are 5/5 so I have no issue giving exalted opponents a 6 or 7 defense easily.
>>
>>48122452
Stop that. The world isn't supposed to have level-scaling. Let the PCs enjoy the supreme skill they paid for.
>>
>>48122452
Sounds like you are a blast to have at parties.
>>
>>48122413
I have a question.

How much of the world do you prepare and how much do you just make up on the fly?

If your players go to an area you hadn't thought they would go, for example they go into the Wyld instead of the Shadowlands, where you prepared a couple of Abyssals to throw at them, do you just make up stats as you go along in combat that would make sense for a Raksha to have? In combat and social combat too?

Because I find it hard to keep track of all the charms and stuff everyone has to use each round of combat, especially for characters that I had not statted and made a sheet for beforehand...
>>
>>48122452
Joining in the chorus, I seriously detest the notion that "5/5" is obligatory or expected. Yes, the main power forever will be in the Charms combinations, but those "peak of human achievement" base stats as a matter-of-course really strain the verisimilitude - which does exist in Exalted.
>>
>>48122559
I tend to prepare a handful of generic enemies with different areas of focus (when not just using stock quick characters), and then repaint them accordingly. Players have no way of telling that the debilitating area effect described as a raksha's Killer Bee Swarm may have begun life as an abyssal's Grave Shadow Chill.
>>
>>48122404
Thanks for linking that post. Super informative.
>>
>>48122595
You're welcome anon. Stay excellent!

>>48122593
I should totally do that. I will do that. Yes.

Only that first I will have to take a look at the Storyteller's companion book for 2e, the scroll of Errata and then make character sheets for all the big enemies that the players are going to face.

This might take a while..
>>
>>48122586

I really don't see it that way.

Usually I see Exalts as the peak of human achievement in their fields, with their competence only increasing with charms related in their field.
>>
>>48122675
"In their fields", yes. But an Attribute of 5 in nearly an aberration and and Ability of 5 is matter of obsession, half a lifetime of training and region-wide fame. I'm not against such characters, obviously - on the contrary, I do believe most of the Exalts should be like that. But I would prefer for that to be accurately represented in character's background. I've seen enough backstories of characters with relatively humble origins who nonetheless just take 5 in all the relevant tracks. Especially in combat skills, just because they assume it is needed for immediate survival.

That combat tutorial up there, on the rpg.net? If I remember correctly, it has a street urchin with a Dex 5, Athletics 5, Melee 5 as a protagonist. (it is also in general a bit silly - I never managed to figure out, why there are no men in the city) Sure, it's particularly egregious example, and made for demonstration purposes - but something similar is seen often enough in typical games.

Although, there is one caveat and kind of an excuse for this. - Solars do have easy time learning Caste/Favorite Abilities on their own. So, a hypothetical scrapper-urchin, who happened to awaken as Dawn, may eventually get to Melee 5 in a couple of years just because he is Dawn. But, again, I don't think this is often reflected in background.
>>
>>48122789
I'm leaning heavily on limiting my players to 3 in a combat ability the next time we start a new campaign.

To keep up fun, enemies need to be able to be strong enough to challenge even a maxed out combat character (e.g. Dex 5 + Melee 5 + Melee Specialty + Medium Melee Weapon, using Excellent Strike and Melee Excellency for spikes). If not, combat isn't worth the insane bookkeeping required.
But if enemies are scaled up to that level, all PCs need to be too, to be able to do something useful.

This is a circle of neverending misery, and so far I have found not a single way of lifting that hindrance other than just limiting combat abilities to a fine 3 at chargen. It's very simple: exclude Melee + Brawl + Martial Arts + Archery from BP based purchase. Done.

It's not perfect, and it kills a lot of character strategies, but at least the scaling can be a little simpler. Even if it's just 2 dice lower than a maxed out character. Most characters have Dexterity 5 anyway, meaning the best (3 dots) and minimal characters (one dot in combat ability, to have Excellency) are only distanced by 2 dice. The circle's best PC has 9 dice, the circle's worst PC has 7 dice. That's less than 25% in difference. Much easier to compensate.
>>
>>48122559
I never have any written plan at all when I GM for any system and haven't for years, but I acknowledge that I am aberrant in that.
>>
>>48122862
You don't make character sheets for the villains the party has to face?
>>
>>48122878
I've got solid idea in my head of roughly the stats for the handful of major recurring villains and allies but no I don't make sheets
>>
does anyone else feel like the reason Morke never posts on the forums is because Rich Thomas muzzled him so he wouldn't shove his foot down his own throat and hurt the company?
>>
>>48122982
I'm okay with this and it should have happened sooner.
>>
>>48122982
Unlikely, as Holden continues to post on the forums.
>>
File: 1453759607697.jpg (348 KB, 1241x900) Image search: [Google]
1453759607697.jpg
348 KB, 1241x900
Are exalted demons monsters, like how in D&D/Pathfinder and so on they're like sentient sin trying to dick over as many mortals as possible when summoned?

I want to make a demon-blooded character but.... I am not sure what backstory to give them.
>>
>>48123661
Not at all. Exalted demons are basically aliens; they're the spawn of the Progenitor Races.
>>
>>48123661
>Are exalted demons monsters, like how in D&D/Pathfinder and so on they're like sentient sin trying to dick over as many mortals as possible when summoned?
Exalted's demons are more like sci-fi aliens given a fantasy trapping. They have weird, alien ways of looking at the world, typically oriented to whatever their skillset or job is. Neomah (demon prostitutes), for example, are very passionate about being good at sex (in the way an artist is passionate about being good at painting), but they don't feel love for their partners or, IIRC, even pleasure from the act of sex itself.

Hell is a horrible prison for the cast-down creators of the world. The creators of the world weren't nice people before, and they're even less nice now. Demons (first circle demons, at least) are stuck in there with them, and basically life down there really sucks and is awful. Its three rules are: there is no power without ambition, no love without pain, and no silence without death. The last one is because one of the Yozi, Adorjan, just kills everybody she can get her hands on and can only be kind of warded away with noise.

Demon summoning is a good and fine idea. You're doing them a favor, taking them out of there and making them your mindbroken slave.
>>
>>48123661
Nah, Demons are strange, otherwordly beings with a logic all of their own: their thought process is radically different from that of mortal men. And of Exalted.

Even they don't understand why demons often do what they do. Even so, some demons have certain personality traits regardless of who they are: blood apes, for example, revel in human blood and gore (and that of cats) and it's difficult to rein them in if they want to rampage and kill some mortals when they're in creation.

They don't want to dick over mortals per se, they just want to continue furthering their own agenda: it just happens that mortals are often on the menu on said agenda.

So a sorcerer has to be really careful when summoning a demon, because they will follow orders to a T. Letter by letter. So you have to be really careful when you give them tasks to do, so that you don't give them too much freedom and they don't accidentally murder your face or do something else that might be bad for your health/status/whatever.
>>
>>48123757
And one of their parents comes from such a broken place and I'm not really....sure how to accurately portray an alien mind like that.

I was just going to go with an odd case of summoner & summon falling in love, but I'm not even sure if the demon I've picked is capable of that emotion - let alone anything else I'd like them to do.
>>
Aren't demons just basically watered-down Rakshas? Since they don't have any logic of their own, while Demons' logic is so twisted that is still hasn't been understood by humans?
>>
File: neomah2e.png (151 KB, 306x401) Image search: [Google]
neomah2e.png
151 KB, 306x401
>>48123661
To expand a bit more on >>48123724 , consider the Neomah species of demon. In the 2e illustration shown here, it looks pretty much like a Grey, except it's purple and has jewelry.

Neomah, the Weavers of Flesh, have a charter and motivation to create unique new kinds of being. It's kinda like they're playing Minecraft with genetics. To do this, they seek to acquire samples of flesh and blood, then they spin a tower of brass and fire from their mouth, where they quicken the hybrid creature they have made out of their collected samples.

The fact that they'll happily prostitute themselves as a means of obtaining these samples is a big deal to mortals, but to the Neomah themselves, it's incidental to the artistic endeavor of leaving the landscape littered with bizarre brass-snail-towers containing synthesized-mutant-genome babies. Yeah, neomah backstory is a great excuse to be a Half-Demon Half-Orc Half-Elemental Half-Dragon character.
>>
>>48123806
>And one of their parents comes from such a broken place and I'm not really....sure how to accurately portray an alien mind like that.
Their parent comes from such a place. The kid doesn't. Demon-blooded are basically humans - they have to be, in order to Exalt. They don't have to have a weird alien mindset. They might be influenced in some subtle way - mom was a neomah so they're really into dance and they're super kuudere, or grandpa was an amphelisiae so they hate the sound of laughter - but that's hardly a requirement.

>I was just going to go with an odd case of summoner & summon falling in love, but I'm not even sure if the demon I've picked is capable of that emotion - let alone anything else I'd like them to do.
Demons are fully capable of love, and a summoner/summoned relationship is totally valid. 3e, in particular, is moving towards demons being capable of that subset of human emotion. See these dev posts: http://nishkriya.com/Threads/Details/2230 for some brief touching on it.
>>
>>48123661
No, not in most cases. There isn't really a notion of "sin" in Exalted on meta level, only in individual philosophies or creeds, and those are largely bullshit.

When summoned, most Demons, in particularly First Circle, obey the sorcerer in word -and- spirit. They are also driven by their natures. Demons of Malfeas are most often "alien", not "evil" - though it is a bizarre, dangerous and often ruthless environment and it shapes its inhabitants accordingly. Most demons do not particularly care about mortals, but mortal prayer and sacrifice can empower them in the same way it sustains gods - if a demon, typically a powerful one, Second or Third Circle, has an opportunity to acquire a cult or slaves, it would, but most of them won't be able to offer much to the worshipers and won't risk it.
But in general, they are more motivated by their very peculiar natures and urges. Neomah would ply her trade as a courtesan. Angyalkae would play music.
There are some exceptions, those demon species who are more strongly motivated by nature to advance Yozi influence - such as Perroneles or Teodozjia. Chrysogonae are attracted to ambition and often lead to their summoner downfall due to arrogance and naivete. But even those are mostly content to do their bidding.

It is possible for a demon to acquire the soul of mortal legally and binding, but that's typically the individual pursuit of a particular Second Circle Demon to sucker the gullible into a contract. Third Circle demons are mostly very far above that.
>>
>>48123840
Raksha do have logic! Only it's the logic of comic books, soap operas and Discworld where everything runs on narrativium: million-to-one odds always happen, heroes win when greatly outnumbered, disposable mook hordes are ten a penny, death never sticks, an unhappily married couple trying to cheat on each other at a masked ball will find themselves with each other in disguise, and everything of importance happens in Gotham City.
>>
Regarding behavior, it may help to think of Exalted demons as similar to addicts. Only instead of being addicted to smoking or drinking or the like, they're addicted to things like "giving dire prophecies in the morning" or "strangling dogs".

If you summon a demon workforce to build you a manse, they'll build it just fine, but you should take the relevant behavior into account. Instead of a lunch break, for instance, the former sort of demon might want a giving-dire-prophecies break (try to make sure there are no potentially heroic youths around to hear these) and the latter should probably be set to work far away from any mortal settlement so they won't sneak off to strangle people's pets.

Other demons might be deathly afraid of the color blue and should only be given indoor or night-time work so they won't have to look at the sky during the day.
>>
Actually the demon I have in mind wouldn't have too much trouble finding time to soothe their addiction: I think they're called Gilmyn who just want to dance and entertain.

They're married to a mortal who summoned them up from Hell for that reason, he needed to dance better to move up in the wizarding ranks or something. He and his demon ended up spending a lot of time together ended up liking one another - eventually got married. Dad1 is a mortal, Dad2 is a demon.

Somehow, despite being a genderless pillar of fire they managed to have a couple kids.
>>
>>48124178
>Somehow, despite being a genderless pillar of fire they managed to have a couple kids.

That's what Neomahs are for.
>>
File: my character.gif (706 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
my character.gif
706 KB, 500x294
>>48117274
My Circle is currently using a spurned lover as a divining rod to find the sorcerer who summoned him a demon, so that we can go watch our Dawn paste said sorcerer into the ground. The guy has been afflicted with Corrupted Words, so our Dawn plans to see which direction causes him to puke the most and go that way.

Not one member of the party knows that any other is actually an Exalt yet. Other shenanigans involve a dancing bear, a Night caste that won't shut up about the curry dinner she was promised by our Zenith, and my Twilight sort of just being the peanut gallery to this all.
>>
>>48124238
I'm actually going to leave this as a mystery or just not tell anyone how they were created, because I personally find it amusing to think they just sort of.... Danced it out.
Sudden baby.
>>
>>48117274
>Tell Us About Your Circle and Their Mighty Deeds
Yeah... My circle, totally have one of those, totally in an exalted game, totally have friends who are not casual plebs who cannot even into d&d...
>>
>>48124310
Tell me more about the characters
this sounds hilarious
>>
Why would you go through the trouble of learning to summon demons when you can pray to a god and get the same result? Even better results.

Like that insect demon that can remove toxins, just pray to the appropriate health god (or beat the snot out of the sickness god) and bam! Cured.
And last I checked demons can't make water or plants grow either.
>>
>>48124813
I pretty sure you can't bind gods to your will and have them build a manse for you or fight your foes for you.
>>
>>48124834
Elementals.
>>
>>48124813
Because, while there i a demon for everything, it doesn't follow that there is also a god fo everything. Gods also don't have a complete control over their domain, so there may or may not be a god who can do what the stomach bottle bug, which I assume is the demon you meant, does.
>>
>>48124856
We were not talking about elementals.

The situation we were discussing is summoning demons and praying to gods somehow achieving the same results.
>>
File: Kronk explains the situation.gif (186 KB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
Kronk explains the situation.gif
186 KB, 245x140
>>48124652
So, the current line up of characters is a Dawn, Zenith, Twilight, and Night. We all met in a entertainment hall/brothel. As variously, the entertainment, the decoration, and the help.

The Dawn is a lumbering, 12 foot giant from the North, who hates Demons. He is loosely inspired by doomguy. Specifically, a berserker packin' man and a half doomguy. He ripped apart a blood ape with his bare hands. He talks in mostly broken River Speak, and spent 90% of the first session masquerading as a statue until aforementioned demon and the twit who summoned him showed up.

The Zenith is best described as the hero of a Bollywood action movie, complete with the mustache and sudden musicals. His skills include all manner of singing, dancing, curry dinners and blasting people apart with his voice like some sort of deranged Skyrim character gone horribly right.
Arguably the nicest guy in the party, and the only reason that our recent would be assassin is alive to be used as a demonic dowsing rod.

My Twilight has ended up through osmosis, as the Exalted version of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Highlights include having a dancing bear as a familiar, being the only magically inclined party member, as well as the only one with any medical knowledge. Have spent most of the last couple sessions playing a not-guitar, pillaging all the loose food for the bear and pondering if we're going to get paid or not.

The Night caste... is a piece of work. Has a verbal tic that manifests as a 'nyaa' and is played by a complete weeb who's inspiration is one part Fate/Whateverthefuck, one part Touhou, and one part cheese. No stealth skills whatsoever, but an appearance of 6 with a charm active. Antics so far have included taking the owner of the brothel hostage, bargaining for info, attempting to kill our prisoner despite the party, and needling the Zenith about curry dinners.
>>
>>48125023
Where is this taking place?
>>
>>48125095
In the Southeast, specifically in the town of Champoor.

A prominent establishment of which has just been trashed, it's mistress taken hostage albeit briefly, and our party is now planning to march some poor idiot through in the direction of which he pukes out the most maggots.

This game is certainly interesting to say the least.
>>
>>48125175
Well that would explain why no one has informed the town guard of the weirdness going on at a bar.

I know the Zenith got some art drawn of their character (though I cant seem to find it) have any of the others?
>>
File: Scholar of the Dusk Waves.jpg (242 KB, 810x810) Image search: [Google]
Scholar of the Dusk Waves.jpg
242 KB, 810x810
>>48125429
Here's the one of the Twilight I received. It sums up the character pretty well.
>>
Do the Primordials share any commonality with the Fair Folk? I could have sworn I read something saying that the Primordials were possibly incredibly powerful Raksha that got sick of endless chaos and chose to make Creation.

If not, I have to wonder how the hell they just appeared from nowhere. I guess it'll never have a detailed explanation to keep the mystical and mythical tone.
>>
>A Deathlord who devours gods and steals their power.

Speaks something against this concept?
>>
>>48125845
> Do the Primordials share any commonality with the Fair Folk? I could have sworn I read something saying that the Primordials were possibly incredibly powerful Raksha that got sick of endless chaos and chose to make Creation.

They're related in the sense that they were both sprung from the Wyld, but fundamentally they're really different in a way that precludes Primordials being Raksha.

Raksha aren't static. They change for giggles. Primordials are, barring suffering major wounds, static large-scale intelligent patterns.

> If not, I have to wonder how the hell they just appeared from nowhere. I guess it'll never have a detailed explanation to keep the mystical and mythical tone.

The Wyld is infinite potential. It's also suggested that Oblivion existed in the Wyld before it was concretely solidified by the death of Primordials during the Primordial War, because the possibility of non-existence is also encompassed in the "potential for everything" of the Wyld.

So, it's correct to suggest that they just sprang out of nothing.
>>
File: aging scholar.jpg (39 KB, 534x1024) Image search: [Google]
aging scholar.jpg
39 KB, 534x1024
>>48117274
We launched a raid on the wyld hunt that was sailing to where we were in the Lap. First off, holy shit the wyld hunt is a lot tougher than your average DB. Second, we mostly destroyed their ships, because only our Night had ride, and we didn't want to have to fight with half our dicepool. Right, I should mention that we were all riding agate for this fight (they're the demon-wasp mounts).

Alright, my Twilight, by the name of Jedu, came up with the idea for this raid when he dug up his previous incarnation's spellbook. We had recently driven the Realm garrison out of the Lap and plugged up the tunnels into the city. We (including the ST) were preparing for a huge, extended siege between the defensible city in the world and the strongest military in the world sailing our way, when, at the end of one of our planning sessions with the crown prince of the Lap and Grainias the lady of the lap, Jedu asked his circle this: "I don't much like preparing and waiting for the enemy to come to me. Given the choice, I'd much prefer to hit them first, when they aren't ready to fight. The Realm fleet coming has been on my mind, and then I found this spell and...what if we could *sink* that fleet? All of it?" So we nailed down the details and Jedu sequestered himself away to learn the spell as fast as he could.

Come the day of the battle, we rode our agate out over the ocean. The fleet was just barely visible on the horizon, the profile of the First Age flagship distinctive and striking even at this distance. And on the other side, we few, we five souls prepared to attack. Well, we five souls and our demons. A fogbank began to form on surface of the waves below us as the Eristrufa materialized. The circle descended into it for cover, and Jedu cast The Parting of the Seas.
>>
>>48126625
I'm just going to post what I posted when this happened, because it's one of the coolest things I've ever typed.

>I do it just like I read, and have been practicing. Close to the surface, invisible to anyone outside the demon fogbank, I spread my arms wide and raise my face to the sky.
>The water ripples, a shallow indent following the trench to be, and then my anima starts to shine.
>Then the behemoth appears.
>For a brief instant, there's just one, then Genai fully takes the aspect of the twin giants. They fall, the water beneath falling with them, refusing to touch their feet. Giant though they are, they disappear. The ocean is just too deep.
>There's just a hole in the ocean - then the waters just slide back.
>Just a few meters, but as far as the eye can see forwards and back, at least inside the demons. With the new space and a bit more light - most of it my anima, the behemoth is visible as a pair of specks on the sea floor.
>The demons shift to cover the whole passage from view. The agate I and Tiana [our Night, the only one with Ride] are riding lowers a few meters until our feet are below sea level but our heads aren't. Taku's [our Zenith] follows.
>>
>>48126696
Our ST had this to say:
>It’s bizarre, hovering between two narrow walls of water. The wings of the agates almost brush the sides as the giants hold back the sea, fine droplets of mist flecking from the sides of the water.. And on the other side of the walls of water, visible before you all go into the cover of the eristrufa, are sharks. There are a lot of sharks. Great whites, makos, hammerheads, blacktips, and more. Entire, great swarms of sharks, as far as the human eye can see in the murky water. Fins occasionally poke out of the sides of the wall, but not so much that anyone’s in danger of being knocked off. The sharks steer away when their fins break the sides of the water. As you all approach the fleet, the mist of the eristrufa blocks the light of the moon and the stars above, turning the walls of water around you into inky blackness, the world around you all is only vaguely dim.
>>
>>48126712
At this point, the circle started speculating about Siakal getting involved in the fight. This was good, we figured; Siakal likes nothing more than when a ship goes down with all hands, which sort of the centerpiece of our plan. And so, under cover of demon-mist, we flew under the water's surface up to fleet. We plotted a course that would take us under five ships, but would bring us close to the flagship and whatever powerful DBs would be on it. Better to do it on the first pass when they have no idea we were there.

We reached the first ship, and got a very rare view of the underside of a ship in sail. Taku stood up on his agate and, using Sledgehammer Fist Punch, put a hole in the keel, taking the rudder clean off. There was a groaning from the ship, and we heard a distant voice asking what the noise was, but no one had realized we'd put a hole in their ship. So we flew up to the next ship and did it again.
>>
File: time for tf2.png (1 MB, 585x1544) Image search: [Google]
time for tf2.png
1 MB, 585x1544
>>48126891
When Taku punched a hole in the third ship, sailors were yelling in alarm as the deck lurched. We also heard something ROAR. Something that sounded a lot like a BEAR. One roll later, we had the unpleasant realization that the Wyld Hunt had Sorcerously bound a flying ice bear to serve, and it had apparently been on the ship we just punched in two. So we sped on ahead and took out the next ship. Which also started roaring.

(I want to mention that at this time, our Dawn was looking forward to skinning it and pinning it on his wall. Our other Twilight was skeptical)
> not carve its skull into a giant hammer?...
>....
>A maul you might say?
(you had to be there)

Now, being the well-educated smart motherfucker that he is, Jedu spoke Old Realm. As hard as it was to make out through their think bear accent, the hurakas were discussing the odd events happening to the fleet. One declared his intent to investigate, the other said he'd go and get THE OTHER BEARS. Our Dawn was really clamoring for a fight, but Jedu insisted on killing ships and stealth for as long as we could, which was only a little undercut by the Eristrufas going all-out on mind-bending illusions. The idea was that they would see the demons and not think to look underneath them for their Solar masters. From the bears' yelling, it seemed to have worked. Taku punched a hole in the fifth ship on his second try, completing our pass through the fleet. Just in time, too; a huraka used its ice breath on the Eristrufa, parting the mists and bringing us face-to-face with a large, brown, flying bear, and the Dynast riding on its back. They were very surprised to see us.
>tfw
>>
>>48127270
The fight proper began there, Soars on demon wasps against Dynasts on flying bears. Our Dawn dismounted and got on a ship so he wouldn't be limited by his complete lack of Ride. Taku got in a grapple. Tiana (who had ride) and Jedu (who didn't) stayed on their agate, shooting at the enemy riders. And our other Twilight peeled off from the fight to drop firedust bombs on some other ships, while a Dynast chased after him, yelling angrily.

I'm not going to give you a blow-by-blow, but the Dynasts were very fond of jumping off their mounts onto ours. That's how Taku got close enough to grapple. Jedu got rid of his by commanding his agate to do a barrel role. All told though, the fight didn't go too well. The dice weren't with us, I suppose. We missed a lot, and most of the DBs were wearing artifact armor. Jedu barely overcame an enemy's Hardness and crossed off her -0 health level. Our Dawn got in some sort of stalemate with I think a Wood aspect swordsman, then the boss DB joined the fight and he got fucking wrecked.
>>
So /tg/, I'm looking at playing an Ex3 game relatively soon; my character is, however, a bit unique. She's a godblooded, and she takes her form nearly entirely from her father, who resembles a lion with wings; she's basically a sphinx. She has the strength to carry a rider.

can Ride charms work on PCs/Exalted characters, is what i'm asking.
>>
>>48127573
Taku did pretty well on his clinch actually, though all his stunts were about how much he didn't actually want to hurt them. You know, the people whose purpose in life is to kill him.

Back to the Dawn, his bleeding carcass was hauled over the railing by his shark-totem Lunar pirate waifu, whom we'd been looking for for some time. Unfortunately, shark totem or no, she couldn't keep the frenzied swarm of sharks from tearing the Dawn apart the moment he touched the water - he had effectively been basted in his own blood. So they clung to the side of the ship while the DBs glared at him from the railing. At this point, Jedu suggested to Tiana that it was time to go. Tiana passed her Valor roll however, so Jedu promised her one last shot.
>>
>>48127805
So, Jedu aims down the barrel of his firewand at what looks like the weakest of the bunch, the Dynast that Taku choked half to death before dropping. He doesn't have Ride, so he's rolling a halved base dicepool. He twitches right when he pulls the trigger, spreading the blast out, intending to blind, not kill, so Tiana can made the shot. He blows her face clean off, and she collapses, incapacitated.

The Lunar manages to haul our Dawn (whom, I want to mention, didn't even inflict any damage on the DBs - the fight went that bad against us) onto his agate. He wheezes a command to it, and it teleports away just in time to avoid being cut in two by a grand diaklaive. The boss DB is kinda pissed.

Things have really turned around at this point. We found the Lunar, the Dawn was out of danger, our other Twilight had firebombed another ship, and we were about to finally send one of the DBs into the Underworld. None of them had a turn between then and Tiana's. So naturally, one tick before she could put an arrow through the unconscious DB's skull, Taku opens his fat mouth.
>>
>>48128113
When I say 'opens his fat mouth,' I mean 'full excellency with all the trimmings.' A social action against everyone there, to stop fighting, under the rationale that it was impossible for the Realm to take the Lap with the forces on the remaining ships. He invited the wounded Dynast to come to the Lap for medical treatment, and swore a big oath to the unconquered sun that we wouldn't harm her or any of them. He rolled high enough to beat everyone's MDVs, so everyone agreed to stop fighting. And that was how the fight ended. I want to mention that, while I didn't remember how many ships the other Twilight firebombed, the fleet had more than twenty plus the flagship. So they still had three quarters of their forces.
>>
>>48125700
Got art for the Zenith?
>>
>>48128807
Well... thought I did, but as it turns out, I don't think I have it saved.

Best description I can give for his physical appearance is Hindu Freddy Mercury.
>>
File: 1465843650876.png (207 KB, 750x1079) Image search: [Google]
1465843650876.png
207 KB, 750x1079
>>48128807
>>48129977
>>
>>48127797

The answer was the same as in 3e.

Which was basically "YOLO"
>>
>>48126504
So it's ok?
>>
>>48130346
You could ask your players if that's okay.

I don't think it would be too good, since the power is potentially game-breaking.
>>
>>48130210

I can live with that.
>>
>>48130009
I would think that Silver Nightengale would be one of the weirdest martial arts to draw. No weapon, no real poses.
Just screams.
>>
>>48125845
I have to believe that in third it will be far more up to the group to decide the exact nature of the primordials.
>>
>>48130346
>>48130568
Probably implement it but have it be an inneficient process, perhaps he only gets 1/10th of the gods power or even 1/100th
>>
>>48130009
Oh hey, it's my character!
>>
>>48131078
>no real poses
You have no flair for the dramatic, sir.
>>
File: 1399262790068.jpg (3 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1399262790068.jpg
3 MB, 3000x3000
>>48132691
I've been in a JJBA game before so I do know a little bit about posing and drama.
But I just think the Style would be hard to draw,
>>
so im about to run an exalted game while being the worst GM ever, so far at character creation ive made them all be dragon-blooded or mortals while my girlfriend is playing a solar

anything else i could do?
>>
Anyone have any good "player's guide to the setting" type things I could hand out to my players to give them some condensed info on the setting?
>>
>>48137577
Prohibit any DB charms with the teamwork tag, otherwise they could very easily gangrape her at CC if they wanted to. Make the DBs use Lost Egg creation rules. Set the game in the North, where the realm is weak. Disallow Immaculate MA styles. Disallow Even Blade style. Disallow Five Dragon Style.

Alternatively, you could let them gangrape your slutty solar girlfriend until her pussy takes on the shape of glorious Dragon-blooded dick, she forgets your name as she loses herself to the cocklust, and is reduced to a breeding whore for powerful DB babies.
>>
>>48138571
what the fuck
>>
>>48138571
go on
>>
How do I get my players to stop trying to do cool things?

I need an ingame mechanic for punishing players for stunts
>>
>>48139375
Make stunts cost Willpower to use. If you want to do something epic then you need to really push yourself.

I they persist then make them bleed (Permanent Essence)/round for each level of anima - so at E2 it's 2/round at dim and 8/round at iconic. The justification being that simply existing as an exalt is taxing on Creation so your players are constantly fighting to even survive.
>>
>>48139375
go into your laundry room, and find the bleach. It's a special potion that will fix your problem.
>>
File: 1319231123519.jpg (12 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
1319231123519.jpg
12 KB, 200x219
>>48139375
>I need an ingame mechanic for punishing players for stunts
>>
>>48139375
Deleting the Stunt mechanic and bonuses.
>>
>>48139576
>>48139926
>guy asks for help implementing his terrible idea
>shitpost and call him an idiot instead

Im sure he knows it's a stupid idea and I'm sure he has his reasons for wanting it. If you can't say anything nice, then fuck off and stop shitposting.
>>
>>48121390

I have played characters who, when combat started, basically hid inside a barrel until the combat was over. Long as your fellow players are okay with it and understand you're not going to bring much to combat, there's not really a lot of problems with it.

After a few fights the barrel thing actually became a running gag that even the ST got into, and she'd find a barrel to hide in even in the most unexpected of places.
>>
>>48117274
>Tell Us About Your Circle and Their Mighty Deeds Edition

Mighty deeds, uh. Hmmmmm...

Well, there was the time we managed to kill a thousandforged dragon. Except that only was because it was half-broken already and we misinterpreted a rule in our favor.

We did kill an Abyssal. Except that ended up being a misunderstanding and it only made everything worse.

There was the time an Infernal took the shape of one of us with Ebon Dragon charms and defamed us completely, and we needed to spend multiple quests to track her down and manage to not be considered walking Satans again.

Yeah, so basically my Exalted campaigns have been kinda low on the "mighty deeds" factor and pretty high in the "everything is fucked forever" factor.
>>
>>48139980
Yeah I know it's retarded, but I'm running a plot where the fate spiders are getting really really sick of the Exalted making their job harder for them, and until they find out a way to make it easier on them, I need a mechanic to punish them for cool stuff.

I'm planning on having them petition Autochthon to make more fate spiders so they can work in shifts.
>>
>>48140199
But isn't the population of fate spiders regulated by a mother unit? Couldn't they just give it more raw materials (suitably sanctified, of course) for her to make more without opening the Eight Seals Can O' Worms?
>>
>>48140242
Pattern spiders can change the past to fix things that go wonky. Maybe they open the 8 seasl then Big Momma fixes the shit that goes wrong by making it so the seal was never opened
>>
>>48140242
No, Authchthon made a bunch and never made more. Those same spiders have been working since the creations of Creation,

I might not actually have them open the eight seals, they might do something more like send a message using a yozi's asshole or the like
>>
>>48140255
autochthon is outside fate
>>
Me and my players want to run exalted fr the first time, the newest edition.

What are the required materials, and what stuff other than the core rulebook do I, the DM, need to read? Where can I find the exalts other than the solar in 3e?

Also, where can I buy the core rulebook?
>>
>>48140342
The core is the only 3e book released. For any other setting or exalt info you'll need 1 & 2e books
>>
>>48140418
ok how do i force my players to have sex with me
>>
Is it true that lunars have a charm that turns every real life conversation about exalted about them?
>>
>>48140456
Bring a gun to the first game and kill a ugly one to prove you're serious
>>
>>48140477
Meerkat Steals the Spotlight Prana.
>>
Can a Solar be built to be death on legs, be a decent leader, and do a little bit of sorcery or craft?
>>
My friend told me Solars and Lunars lose their exaltation by having sex with each other because of the great curse.

How can this be avoided if they're soulmates?
>>
>>48121390
Try Supernal Medicine. You will be surprised how much more people will like you if you can heal all their problems in 5 minutes. Just get yourself a artifact that can make yourself small and hide in your dawn or nights pocket and wait out fights.
>>
>>48140615
Not sure if your friend is trolling or if you're trolling.
>>
>>48140855
He's my GM
>>
>>48140863
Then your GM is making up shit that sounds retarded and you should talk to your GM. But I suggest inventing teledildonics and having sex with sensation-bearing artifact copies of one another.
>>
>>48140916
isn't one of the three immutable rules of the setting that unexalting is impossible?
>>
Why does the artwork for exalted suck so bad?
>>
>>48140995
Minimal understanding of financial responsibility on behlaf of the devs.

No money = cheap/lazy artists.
>>
>>48141005
Where can you purchase the 3rd edition?

Its not on amazon, is it out yet?
>>
>>48140598
Yes.
>>
>>48121390

Yeah having a Martial Art that combos with non-combat skills goes a long way: Crane especially as it lets you be mixed up in combat in an interesting dynamic way while not really investing all that much so that you can do your social stuff
>>
teleporting 1-2 range bands reflexively during combat, what kind of Charm would allow that, except Athletics Solar Charms?
>>
>>48121390
In Exalted, a good orator can be every bit as useful and dangerous as a good swordsman. Not every problem can be solved with swording good, and when swording good makes the problem worse instead of better, you can step in and unfuck the situation.
>>
>>48139375
Do the players know you want to do this?
>>
>>48141692
>2 â–¶
>>>48139375
>Do the players know you want to do this?
does it matter
>>
>>48141713
>2 â–¶
?

>does it matter
Yes, because if they wanted yo play Exalted to be incredibly awesome and kick serious ass, taking away what makes them that is a shitty move and will probably make the game less fun.
>>
>>48141743
is the third edition rulebook out or are the ones for sale just printed out pdfs?
>>
>>48123951
>There isn't really a notion of "sin" in Exalted on meta level, only in individual philosophies or creeds, and those are largely bullshit.

Well, metaphysically, a Sin is what the UCS doesn't like. He just usually doesn't care about what you do at all. But if you do something and he can be arsed to quit divine WoW 5 minutes for him to tell you it's a Sin, it's a Sin. End of story.
>>
Can anything become an Akuma?
>>
>>48141780
It's out but you can buy the hardcover copy for a fuckton of money.

It costs less to buy the pdf and print it.
>>
>>48140966
It should be yeah.
>>
>>48142045
In 2E, Alchemicals explicitly cannot be Akuma, because their Exaltation is derived from another Primordial; in 3E, who knows what they'll decide on.
>>
>>48142045

I know that mortals can't. They become a "Yozi-Kin," a weaker being who exists so the setting doesn't get flooded with a thousand Diet Infernals and Creation doesn't get zerg rushed.

>>48142122

Implied to not be a thing in Ex3.
>>
>>48140199
Why are you connecting Fate Spiders to Stunts? They aren't connected at all anymore, Stunts are just you being kickass.
>>
>>48142363
I read in one of the books that fate spiders are what allow stunts - they never get a break so stunts are basically their own form of entertainment

Let me find the source, but im pretty sure its canon
>>
>>48142363
>>48142501
its an ink monkeys thing, its canon
>>
>>48142528
http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/Thus_Spake_Zaraborgstrom/Stunting

I don't know if its still canon, but if there's nothing expressly saying this isn't true in 3e materials so far, I'd keep it canon.
>>
>>48142195
>Implied to not be a thing in Ex3.

Awesome. I've not read their 2E splat but I've picked up some stuff from general osmosis and frankly I want nothing to do with 'em. They just...do not sound like they were handled with grace. Hopefully 3E will make them a little less gonzo.

I'm hyped for Alchemicals though, should be released sometime before DF 1.0, right
>>
Why the fuck is Night Caste the only one capable of Supernaling Athletics? I just wanna be a big guy with big muscles leaping 50 feet in the air laughing maniacally while punching buildings to death and creating massive collateral damage with Feats of Strength to make landslides and collapse ceilings cause environmental hazards are #fun. Why is that so hard?
>>
>>48143451
What? Zenith can too, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>48143477
oh shit how did I not see that? Thanks! went blind for a second I guess. Still wish it was Dawn though but I'll take it.
>>
>>48143451
My game's Supernal Athletics likes to sneak up to buildings and then topple them upon his targets inside, as well as chase down enemies with his rapid speed.
>>
>>48143600

Large scale changes to the environment in combat are more at home in Artefacts and Evocations such as Volcano Cutters Eruption Points.
>>
>>48143614
massive collateral damage is fun
>>48143650
Doesn't look too appealing from what I can see. I just wanna make a character that exemplifies "Don't worry! I'm an Exalt, and I'm here to help!" being the most terrifying words in Creation, going for tons and tons of collateral damage in the course of daring heroics while also having fun with 3d movement and dynamic environmental changes
>>
>>48143807

Well, one of the example feats of strength is to tear open a crevasse in the earth with your bare hands, so I can imagine you trying to "solve" a flood that way only to cause unimaginable property damage. Pick up Brawl as well maybe, it seems in theme.
>>
>>48140342
>>48141023
>>48141780
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/162759/Exalted-3rd-Edition

Come on /exg/, help the guy out at least. It's an expensive and big-ass book, you'll probably just use the PDF for referencing instead.
>>
>>48140342
3e only has solars. if you want more play 2e and prepare for tg to fling shit at you even though they were perfectly happy with 2.5e at the time. oddly enough the devs will join them in calling 2e utter shit.

some splats are about 3/4 of the way through fan conversions to 3e, you could try asking for them and maybe one of us will link them. Other than that you're stuck waiting 50 years for 3e to be fleshed out
>>
>>48143807
>a character that exemplifies "Don't worry! I'm an Exalt, and I'm here to help!" being the most terrifying words in Creation

classic solar
>>
>>48146733
We hated 2e and 2.5e plenty, it was just the best we had, now 3e is so significantly better (but not without many faults), that most people seem to think you should play 3e unless you absolutely need a non-solar non-converted splat.
>>
>>48146733

>they were perfectly happy with 2.5e at the time.

What bizzaro universe do you live in and how can I get there?
>>
>>48146733
>if you want more play 2e and prepare for tg to fling shit at you even though they were perfectly happy with 2.5e at the time.
This keeps coming up, and it's a retarded statement. My gaming group tried 2e out, but we only actually had a game of Exalted we enjoyed enough to keep a campaign going until Ex3.
>>
>>48146733

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/24186098/

>I'm also hoping for decent mechanics and a halfway competent design (no Chambers will probably help on that)

Yeah it sounds really happy before we got mechanics for 3e.
>>
>>48142606
infernals were awesome in 2e. akuma were meh take it or leave it, but I am sad they are redoing infernals so completely
>>
>>48139375
answer: quit as st and go play something other than exalted
>>
Anyone come up with a better Night anima given that they're not all stealth all the time anymore?
>>
>>48141619
>not every problem can be solved by swording it really good

"If violence wasn't your last resort you simply failed to resort to enough of it"
>>
>>48147347
if swording it really good made the problem worse instead of better sword that new problem really good too
>>
>>48127805
>Taku did pretty well on his clinch actually, though all his stunts were about how much he didn't actually want to hurt them. You know, the people whose purpose in life is to kill him.
You forgot the part where he kept apologizing whenever he tried to punch any of them in the face. And hey, they had 3/4ths of their ships, but he did also say that more fighting would only end with casualties on both sides, not long after one of the DBs got knocked out of the fight.

I'm still looking forward to when Taku finally limit breaks and goes full Red Rage of Compassion
>>
>>48147302
Their first power is an amazing bread and butter ability. But yeah, their other two are exclusively for the Stealth Ability and really limited for Nights that don't use Stealth.
They can be weaker than other Castes' bigger abilities because Nights have a good basic ability, but they can at least be broader and at least a little bit useful for more Night concepts.
>>
Can someone help clear up the distinction in use, between Performance Oratory, Presence, and Socialize for most of a character's speaking actions?
Do they relate to the number of people spoken to, to the manner of speaking, to the motive of the social influence?
>>
>>48147443
PERFOOOORMANCE!!!!! vs Presence

Socialize is less what you say and more how you say it.
>>
>>48147443
Broadly speaking:
Presence is aimed at a single person, or to a coherent unit of people like "this mercenary company"
Performance is unaimed, it's for everyone who can see or hear it
Socialize is not a speaking ability itself, it's the watch-your-mouth ability which you use to lie fluently, fit in, shmooze, conceal your motives, and not offer free cheeseburgers to Jews.
>>
>>48147502
How would a character with 5 in one of those abilities and 0 in the rest, deal with speech that doesn't strictly fit their expertise?
Where's the line between Socialize avoiding faux pas and Presence just talking to them?
>>
>>48147502
Why wouldn't they take the burgers? even if they're butthurt about the kosher and don't plan to resell them its only polite to quietly accept the gift and hide it in a potted plant or something, besides most jews don't wear a big label shouting "IS A JEW" anymore. And final reason is that exalted doesn't have any in setting in the first place so how could you offend?
>>
>>48147587
It's a reference to either a misunderstanding because of ignorance of jewish religious taboos, or it was active antisemitism. Socialize would help you avoid making mistakes like that, as an analogy to similar mistakes in Creation with non-jewish taboos.
>>
>>48147587
A black guy was giving away free samples to a bacon cheeseburger near a synagogue, for the jews that said they couldn't eat that sample, he told them to go inside the restaurant and pay for other types of burgers.
It was probably just a mistake, but it looks pretty bad to the jews, and Socialize would make you aware of possible blunders like that.
>>
>>48147587
>And final reason is that exalted doesn't have any in setting in the first place so how could you offend?
You appear to be unfamiliar with the concept of an "example".
>>
How combat viable is a Dodge supernal Night with zero dots in offensive abilities? Assuming primary combatant and not just waiting for something else to kill them.
>>
File: ham3.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ham3.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
>>48147502
So, pic related is the result of botching your Socialize roll?

>>48147574
Remember, most characters in Exalted have 0s in most Abilities, and Exalts are usually better-than-average just from Attributes, so such a character should be able to deal with the others just fine.

With that said, compare this pair of entry charms from Socialize and Presence, both with a duration of a scene: (slightly abbreviated)

> MASTERY OF SMALL MANNERS (Socialize 3, Essence 1)
> While this Charm is active, the Exalt adapts to the expectations of a host culture, and is able to instinctively and reflexively follow its customs, behaving appropriately for the situation at hand. This Charm does not grant the Exalt perfect understanding of a society, but covers greetings, eating and gift customs, and flirtation mores. This Charm eliminates all penalties incurred by unfamiliarity with cultural expectations and group dynamics, and prevents a character from committing any major faux pas.

> HARMONIOUS PRESENCE MEDITATION (Presence 2, Essence 1)
>The Lawgiver embodies virility, magnetism and grace, empowering her forces of persuasion. For five motes, this Charm grants three bonus dice to all forms of social influence from all Abilities except Stealth. In addition, the cost of all social influence Charms are reduced by one mote, to a minimum of one.

The Socialize charm lets you fit into an arbitrary subculture and people listen because you're talking like one of them on the spot; the Presence charm lets you walk into an arbitrary subculture and people listen because you're full of dice and persuasion.
>>
>>48148563

And while we're at it, let's showcase entry-level Performance with its "everyone" theme.

> RESPECT-COMMANDING ATTITUDE (Performance 2, Essence 1)
> The return of the Solars is a miracle never before seen. The universe inclines to hear their voices once again. When this Charm supplements a Performance action of any length, characters are inclined to stop and listen. This does not guarantee that the Lawgiver is persuasive in her arguments, but it does guarantee that her audience listens respectfully to her entire performance. Characters may pay one Willpower to leave the performance, but if they wish to interrupt or attack the Lawgiver, they must pay two Willpower and blah blah blah.
>>
>>48148563
>>48148588
So Presence is charming, likability, persuassion, respect, and intimidation?
Socialize is fitting in, seeming like a peer and not out of place, and keenly understanding others?
Performance is "Look at me!" being hard to ignore, thereby getting more people to hear your statements rather than give them any increased strength?
>>
>>48146751

See this shit? This is why Sidereals drink.
>>
>>48147502
>Broadly speaking:
>Presence is aimed at a single person, or to a coherent unit of people like "this mercenary company"
>Performance is unaimed, it's for everyone who can see or hear it
>Socialize is not a speaking ability itself, it's the watch-your-mouth ability which you use to lie fluently, fit in, shmooze, conceal your motives, and not offer free cheeseburgers to Jews.
That's for 2e. In 3e, Presence can be broadcast, socialize can be rolled, and Performance is not necessarily untargeted.
>>
File: 1463594666125.png (166 KB, 408x650) Image search: [Google]
1463594666125.png
166 KB, 408x650
>>48148703
>Performance is "Look at me!" being hard to ignore, thereby getting more people to hear your statements rather than give them any increased strength?

Performance is full of increased strength, redundantly so, see pic. There's deliberate overlap between Performance and Presence, so don't try to split them too hard, as you can often use either or both to get your way. But the differences go something like this:

Presence: convinces people of arguments
Performance: rouses people to action

Presence: creates intimacies
Performance: creates emotions

Presence: "Hey guys, the Guild is horrible, innit? It's horrible and we hate it. We should do something about it. Something that'll send a message. Like, say, burning down their local branch."
Performance: "CONSIGN THIS DEN OF INIQUITY TO THE FLAMES!"

Presence: you talk to the local princeling and throw buckets of dice at him until he agrees to bring his army and join your cause
Performance: you dance through the streets and everyone who sees you joins your army and your cause

Presence: you intimidate people from attacking you with your terrifying aura of glory and your voice like a thousand thunders
Performance: you disguise yourself out of being attacked because you have perfect acting skills
>>
>>48125023
>one part Fate/Aruturia Clone
Oi fuck you, my Night isn't related to any character from any Fate/Spin Off and she isn't a Arturia clone so there's no waifu business involved.

>one part Touhou
Okay now you're getting close. The Night draws heavily on Junko from Touhou and Chinese mythology with a good smattering of the Bride thrown in.

>by a complete weeab
I can't deny that but I hide my power level pretty well.

Also, I ran (with ST's permission), a one shot backstory for a friend who might be joining the party (if the lazy Greek ever gets around to his char sheet).

Backstory:
The character concept we worked out was "Chuunibyou Righteous Devil Cowboy Wizard" who was a mortal.

The monastery that adopted him was a bastion of Righteous Devil monks, and over the seven years he had spent there, and the chosen justicars of the Desert Tyrant (an ancient dragon) who claimed the Far South as his domain.
They were slowly expanding their influence outwards, each Devil a vigilante who brought down on Sinful the terrible wrath of justice.

The idea of wandering vilgilantees with fiery gun-fu that could burn down whole city blocks, spreaing their influence ever closer to the port cities sat unwell, to say the least, with many dynasts. A Wyld Hunt of younger dynasty was formed, led by a mysterious man that no one could really pin an identity to, and the monastery was purged.

The young man was the only survivor as far as he knows, his si-fu having thrown him into the vault during the assault.
Soon as the dust settled, he grabbed his fire pieces, saddled his horse, and set off into the desert to bring justice to those who brought an inferno to his home.
>>
>>48142606
Alchemicals will be the very last major splat to be released. Given the "blistering" pace of development and release, that'll be sometime in the year 2030 at the earliest.
>>
>>48149082
The Actual One-shot:
The Devil rides into Gem, having tracked the first of the Wyld Hunt members, Throve Keys, down after a year of searching.
He meets an old friend of his teacher, the chuuni sorcerer who taught him as a child, at a busy cafe beneath a skyscraper of sorts embedded into a massive stalicite inside the volcano. His sensei had sent her friend to scope out and provide Intel.
Throve Keys was an Fire Dragon-blooded Dynast. The Devil, even if he was one of the best shots in the world, would have never stood a chance in direct combat with him.

So the Devil turned to assassination.

Throve Keys was a powerful combatant, but hubris was alien to him. His personal office was a glass penthouse that overlooked Gem.

The Devil has the Theif steal a captured airship of a big name smuggler and set it to fly over Throve Keys' penthouse.
The dynast's personal guards head to the roof and engage the offending ship, successfully shooting it down.

Meanwhile, the Devil had snuck into a half constructed tower in the walls of the volcano over a kilometer away, dispatching a few mercenaries along the way.

While the Elite guards were distracted, the Devil shapes sorcery, using the rituals of the Path of Explosions, to prepare his control spell, Flight of the Brilliant Raptor.

It's then when he Exalts, the light of the Unconquered Sun filling him with warmth and burning essence fever as the Sun declared him an Eclipse, as the Devil attempts to bring justice with an impossible spell-shot

Eyes keener, senses sharper, the Devil can see Throve Keys in his inner mind, pacing in his opulent penthouse. He wills and guides the Brilliant Raptor which streaks like golden sunlight through the darkness of Gem, weaving through the buildings and skylines, until it strikes, smashing through the glass and exploding against Throve Keys in a fiery explosion, which if it hadn't killed him, throws him out of the building to die to fall damage.

That's how his story begins.
>>
>>48147199

Given how problematic designing their charm trees are, I can somewhat see why they're redoing them mechanically.

Each Yozi is an entirely different charmset into and of itself. If you want a Cecelyne presence based charm you may have to dig through useless prereqs in order to get to it. Ability based spread does mix all yozis in one blender, but I've increasingly seen that as a good thing as with more and more Yozi charmsets coming out, you basically get less and less overall charms. It isn't like a Solar, where you make a Bureaucracy charm and anyone with bureaucracy gets it, but rather is someone makes Isidoros and you're Malfeas/Cecelyne, then you're fucked if you want Isidoros based charms.
>>
>>48149104
Seriously? Last to be released? Even after Fair Folk, Dragon Kings, Mountain Folk, Not-Prometheans, Not-Unchained, and the 2 as-yet-unannounced splats?
>>
>>48149396
yep
>>
>>48149396
Probably. Autochtonia always was like a separate setting so it's only natural. Connecting Creation with Autochton is also a setting-changing event that can encompass whole campaings.
>>
Hey guys I'm working on Evocations for a Starmetal Breastplate that has to do with movement.

The first Evocation I was thinking of was letting it supplement Disengage and Rushes, letting the reflexive movement that is triggered off of enemy movement to happen with the first movement, letting you move 2 range bands if you were to Rush/Disengage.

So if you Disengage from someone you'd go to Medium, or if you Rushed someone you'd actually move past them and be at Short. Letting you leap around the battlefield a lot more. Does this seem a bit strong? Not sure what cost I should be going for, what would be a decent amount.

I was also thinking about putting in a Charge system of some kind so you couldn't spam the shit out of it, but I'm not sure how it would charge up.
>>
my players just finished a story, but as it turns out, giving the final endboss Parry 7 + Legendary Size makes hitting him nearly impossible. Add in a high Soak and that endboss does not need to do shit to draw out fights. They fought 15 rounds, with 4 Solars hitting him nearly each and every round. Too bad only about ~1/5 of all withering attacks actually hit, with even lower rates for decisive attacks. But they had no other acceptable option during that fight. They already put the enemy out of motes and crashed him multiple times, but actually hitting him was impossible, even with full excellencies. And at some point the PCs were out of motes too, so only 5 motes per turn were used in further attacks.

I would love to introduce a Help-Action as another Full Combat Action (so cannot be flurried with an Attack). This could allow my players to support each other, with fewer attacks but which are more likely to hit.

How would you guys make that Action work?

My first idea was to make it similar to the Command Action for targeting Battlegroups, but moving it away from War (so every character could use them) and make them a little less effective. Maybe only half the Help successes in non-Charm bonus dice for the supported Action?
>>
So how would you stat guns? Twilight in my game wants to make some, and I'm thinking Heavy ranged weapons with tags similar to a crossbow.
>>
>>48150067

>I would love to introduce a Help-Action as another Full Combat Action (so cannot be flurried with an Attack). This could allow my players to support each other, with fewer attacks but which are more likely to hit.

Like the distract Gambit? Four of five characters do this, all taking initiative from the enemy to give it to the fifth character so he can make a more powerful attack.

>>48150195

Firewands. Done.
>>
>>48150067
How was Parry 7 blocking all but 1/5 of attacks? Especially Withering? Good dice pools should be around 15-16, that's over half hitting.
>>
>>48150220
Nah, dude's specific. He wants a projectile weapon, not a portable flamethrower.
>>
>>48150228
their dice pools were maxed out, but bad luck happened. Which is fine and needs to be accepted. But playing out 15 rounds of combat can really kill the fun while playing Exalted.
>>
>>48150220
Gambits require the supporting character to hit his target in the first place. This mechanic wouldn't help if the Defense is the primary problem.
>>
>>48150195
I wouldn't, as Exalted's system assumes that ranged weapons are not as lethal as firearms are. There's not really such a thing as a glancing blow with a bullet.
>>
>>48149082
>I can't deny that but I hide my power level pretty well.

Obviously not well enough.
>>
where are the bureaucracy systems in the other books?
>>
>>48150195

Same as any normal ranged weapon. Piercing is a given. Just keep normal statblocks for balance reasons and if you get to rapid fire weapons just make it a heavy weapon as accuracy goes down while you are rapid firing and damage goes up (assuming you hit you will hit it probably more than once for more damage). If it is like a flintlock you need time to reload as well so a Slow tag is a pretty good idea. If you are using magazines or clips then you can probably skip that.

>>48150292

This in a game where you can lift a tree up out of its roots and try and beat somebody to death with it and if they get hit they just shrug it off sometimes but guns are a line that shan't be crossed. OK.
>>
>>48150380

Only two exist, and only one is kind-of serviceable, the Creation-Ruling Mandate in Masters of Jade.

It snaps in half if you have an Excellency, though.
>>
>>48150408

>It snaps in half if you have an Excellency, though.

Most things do. That is the point.
>>
>>48150415

No, I mean, period.

The Excellency's cost doesn't even matter, because the timescale of events is such that it can't possibly matter, and there's no alternate options, because no Charms hook into the system.

You either have an Excellency and win or you don't and lose. End of system.
>>
>>48150249
>>48150220
Lightning Wands
Frozen Lightning excavated from the Northern Pole that's been stuffed inside an artifact.
When attuned to and provides with essence, it is able to warm and coax tiny bolts of lightning from its frozen lightning and shapes it into a lightning bolt, held together by essence.

When fired, the small bolt of lightning screams outward from the the gun like a bullet that seems to strike almost instantly, the only trace of its presence a arc of essence as it flies through the air (fantastical bright tracers).

Lightning Wands are precision weapons that pierce and penetrate flesh, unlike their Fire Wand cousins that burn and melt. They have the weapon tag, "lightning". Instead of adding the wielders strength, it adds a flat +2 to the weapon's withering damage. They suffer a extra penalty to accuracy at close and short ranges, while at medium and further ranges, they receive a bonus.

Something like that?
>>
What kind of demon would make a good multipurpose permanent retainer and armiger? Twilight sorcerer is a very militant warrior-scholar - one of his principles is not to summon anything, that he could not kill (and he fully intends to summon Third Circle Demons at some point).
>>
>>48150398
>This in a game where you can lift a tree up out of its roots and try and beat somebody to death with it and if they get hit they just shrug it off sometimes but guns are a line that shan't be crossed. OK.
What does withering damage look like for a bullet? Even really old firearms had super heavy penetration compared to bows and crossbows.
>>
>>48150379
I played MaidRPG with these guys for half a year.
There is no "not a weeaboo" in this group, only different shades of "weeaboo".
>>
>>48150531

What does withering damage look like for getting hit with a fucking tree?

Spoilers: There's a reason you can't poison someone with a withering attack, and it's because most of them don't hit at all.
>>
call me retarded but the core rulebook only contains information on how to play Solar exalted, right? where do I get the rest of the rules
>>
>>48150571
>Spoilers: There's a reason you can't poison someone with a withering attack, and it's because most of them don't hit at all.
It's because it would break the mechanical systems of the game, actually.
>>
>>48150596
they're not out yet. the core book only came out a few months ago, so it's gonna take time for other splats.

check back in 2020 when they finally release the next one :D
>>
>>48150571
Different guy, but hey, at least your decisive attack doesnt actually need to do damage to apply the poison!
>>
>>48150625
oh. thank you.
>>
>>48150625
>check back in 2020 when they finally release the next one :D
That soon?
>>
>>48150690
i'm an optimist
>>
>>48150618

A convenient meeting of purposes, but not exclusive.

It's not like "guns are wands of power word: kill" faggots deserve a lot.
>>
>>48150531

A near miss making them reposition? Forcing them to cut the bullets in half and staggering them back?
>>
>>48143614

Some Fair Folk in our game made the mistake of thinking that setting up their freehold with it's back to the mountain was a good defensive decision.

So we pushed the mountain on top of them. 53 successes on the Feat of Strength roll, wheeee.
>>
>>48150067

... Did you forget the Overwhelming penalties to defense?
>>
>>48149396
>Alchemicals will be the very last major splat
>Fair Folk, Dragon Kings, Mountain Folk, Not-Prometheans, Not-Unchained, and the 2 as-yet-unannounced splats?

Major.
>>
>>48151068

By "Overwhelming", I'm pretty sure he means "onslaught".
>>
>>48151117
Legendary Size negates Onslaught made from anything smaller than the the creature.
>>
>>48117274
Super important question, I need answered ASAP.
What 2e book was it that had the comic of the "Emperor" of the realm(The puppet leader that was the only one who would dare to sit on the throne in Reds absence) being told to stop masturbating to the immaculate bible?
>>
File: file-page1.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
file-page1.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3300
>>48152014
Nevermind, found it. And since I'm so great, I'll share it.
>>
File: I Will Relish Your Death.png (148 KB, 335x532) Image search: [Google]
I Will Relish Your Death.png
148 KB, 335x532
>>48152134

>>48152134

For whatever reason, I love the juxtaposition between the speaking styles of the two characters. I'm imagining the Regent to speak like a Californian surfer dude and the other guy sounding like an upper class Briton.
>>
>>48152134
So is Fokoff actually a moron or is he only pretending?
>>
>>48152494

Nobody's sure. He has every reason to pretend to be an idiot, because the moment any Realm House thinks he's a threat he's a dead man, so playing harmless keeps any one from having an opinion of him stronger than "ugh, fucking Fokuf."
>>
>>48152494
In my headcanon, he Exalted as an Eclipse a half-decade ago and is just playing the long game.
>>
>>48152134
Did the Mouth of Peace really say that?
>>
File: 1375774690018.jpg (10 KB, 147x143) Image search: [Google]
1375774690018.jpg
10 KB, 147x143
>>48152780
Yeah.

From the original First Edition corebook -

>He spends of his time in his bechamber in the Imperial Manse, masturbating to the explicit passages in the Immaculate Texts. Some say the pressures of the throne have unhinged his mind, while others see him as particularly devout. The Mouth of Peace has endorsed the act as a holy one to complaining senators, but within the order, she decries it as an awful blasphemy.
>>
>>48152860
Why are there explicit passages if I'm not supposed to jack it to them? What's next, you gonna stop me from whacking off to the Song of Songs?
>>
>>48152638
If anything he'd be an Infernal- he'd never exalt as a Solar
>>
>>48144949
thats odd that amazon doesn't carry it
>>
So, guys, how would you go about making a Wyld behemoth? There's one in the books that's pretty cool, but I'd like to make my own because that's fun.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.