[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what features should a team oriented roleplaying videogame should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: add-party.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
add-party.jpg
141 KB, 1024x768
what features should a team oriented roleplaying videogame should be?

i was thinking in having the 4 basic classes: Fighter, Wizard ,Rogue and Cleric

and have 4 players clear a dungeon, but i was thinking that this is just making another diablo like game, if there are only monsters and the game is balanced around combat, it will be not different from any other games

Making more specific roles for each class, like there is a locked door that only the rogues can open, they will have to team work to complete the dungeon fast, but i can think other feature from the other classes that arent only killing things or stuff like that

could you help me /tg/?
>>
>>48116189
Get rid of the wizard and cleric.

Replace them with a Knight, a Barbarian, an Archer, and a Rogue.

Fill a randomly generated dungeon with deadly as fuck horrors and traps and see who lives.
>>
>>48116340
Knight:Swords
Barbarian: Axes
Archer: Bows
Rogue: Knives

I just though in making it competitive instead of team oriented, like see who can take more treasure and live
>>
>>48116189

Diablo does not have clerics, so that's one problem right there. Even if you insist on a 4 player composition, you could have only three categories, but allow 2-3 splits for each class.

For example, warriors can go barbarian or knight, thieves could go assassin or archer, wizard could go battlemage or some kind of debuffy status type caster.

Whether or not you include a support type caster like the cleric, a good way to enforce mandatory cooperation is to provide buffs from each class. Warriors can lead their party with powerful combat boosts, for example. Also require traps that take 3 or more people to solve or bypass, or enemy boss mechanics that require all players to do a job.
>>
>>48116468
He said like diablo, not a carbon copy of diablo
>>
>>48116340
I like this guy's ideas.
>>
>>48116468
i wanted to focus it in class roles, not so much in combat but i think that is something hard to do
>>
>>48116482
You can't be "like diablo" if you have support characters, that's the fucking point. Diablo series is an action RPG and every single game among all 3 titles don't have a character that isn't a combat monster on his own.
>>
>>48116189
Warrior
Wizard
Valkyrie
Elf

These are objectively the best
>>
>>48116613
>diablo II
Every class with the exception of Sorcs, Assassins, and Amazons, had some form of parting aiding support.

Clerics aren't pure support, they're front line combatants with a fuck ton of spells.

Supporting and testing each other is the entire fucking point of diablo multiplayer.
>>
>>48116710
Fuck take the Paladin and replace his melee tree with the druids elemental tree

Bam instant Cleric.
>>
What i have on my head now, 4 player pvp on a dungeon, the one that gets more gold in x time wins

the dungeon will have locked doors, the rogue can unlock those doors without a key, maybe the barbarian can slam it open but it damages him
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.