[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k general.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: IMG_20160514_225338.jpg (490 KB, 910x682) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160514_225338.jpg
490 KB, 910x682
I don't care anymore edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
First for the Greater Good
>>
File: 1428350222134.jpg (30 KB, 283x438) Image search: [Google]
1428350222134.jpg
30 KB, 283x438
Fuck this game
>>
>>48115029
Kek, don't you know that the new janitors give bans for these posts?

Anyways, I'm trying to think up a camo scheme for my Leman Russ. Mainly Zandri Dust, though I want to work in Caledor Sky somewhere in there. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
File: image.png (280 KB, 433x627) Image search: [Google]
image.png
280 KB, 433x627
Hey Grey Knight players, how does this sound as a 2000 point army?
>2-3 purifiers in rhinos
>(ML3)librarian
>2 dreadknights fully kitted with psycannon, incinerator, and teleporters
>Kaldor draigo
>termies
> Land raider crusader

That's the backbone, what would make it better? Paladins? Another librarian? Coteaz and his inquisition palls?

Hard mode: no more than 300 points of allies and no Knights
>>
>>48115087
Are you getting the inspiration from a movie/ certain regement? I'm trying to visualize it
>>
File: images (7).jpg (28 KB, 474x310) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
28 KB, 474x310
>>48115087
What about tank markings? Blue instead of red.
>>
>>48115140
Drop draigo, he costs as much as a land raider.
>>
>>48115155
Well shit
>>
>>48115215
He's one of those units I wish was better, I'm painting him right now but my guess is he isn't worth the points as an overpriced Challenge monster in a shooty meta, what should I replace him with? Is the xiphon interceptor good? My group says they'll let me use my doomscythe as a counts as for it.
>>
So can someone sum up what the FaQ is changing? People seem to be pissing their pants about it at my LGS but I haven't heard what it does.
>>
>>48115348
Go to Facebook and see for yourself.
>>
>>48115174
Nah mate, trying to come up with one. Right now I'm thinking the main body of the tank to be the tan Zandri Dust color, though I'm not sure what to put for the camo scheme. Maybe a banded camo scheme, with large spots of Caledor Sky seperated with a line of Pallid Wych Flesh and Abbadon Black?

>>48115195
That could work, actually. Though I'm conflicted between either the banded camo I mentioned above, or the tank markings you posted.
>>
>>48115140

Drop Land Raider. Draigo is better transport.
>>
>>48115140
Drop draigo and transports Deep strike is better
>>
>>48115524
At first i thought that was a joke but I remembered he can deep strike himself and his crew, who should be in his unit?
>>
>>48115546
Can't deep strike purifiers unfortunately, land raider is there so my termies don't get blown up turn one and don't have to worry about mishaps, also it provides some much needed weight of fire
>>
>>48115571
They cant shoot at you if they are dead, spam psycannons and flamers in termies or stike teams and you will only have to worry about tanks and remaininv heavy weapons
>>
>>48115549

Termies or Paladins. Hell, you can even Gate of Infinity some Purifiers for some Cleansing Flame goodness. This tactic just needs a reliable way to deep strike. Allied Locator Beacons work, as do Inquisitions servo skulls.
>>
File: trenchtunnelww.jpg (229 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
trenchtunnelww.jpg
229 KB, 640x480
Im trying to do some silly undeground cave/underhive battleground with homebrew rules.
here is what i did so far

>the terrain will be a gray rocky table, using rocks and pebbles to create the cave tunnels, they can be every size, from a small chockepoint that can barely let a guardsman pass to huge halls
>everytime a blast template hits (of course cant scatter outside the tunnel) a d3 must be rolled 1= nothing happens 2=a portion of the tunnel collapse, and the cave gets narrowed by half when the template has hit 3)the thing collapses completely and the tunnel is closed (still thinking if i should add a dangerous terrain test to the units that are in the portions that are collapsing)
>melta weapons can create a tunnel long 12" of the size of the weapon's user in theyr shooting phases
>deepstriking unit always take a dangerous terrain test if they teleport in, drop pods can buy a melta charge for 20pts for being deployed, if it scatters outside a tunnel a chamber is created around it

How does it sound? What should i fix and add?
>>
File: Speed_Freak_Warbike.jpg (133 KB, 882x484) Image search: [Google]
Speed_Freak_Warbike.jpg
133 KB, 882x484
first for da Waaagh!

i wanna make a fluffy speed freek army but also don't wanna lose game after game
can i get some input on what my list should look like?

i kinda also wanna play ghazghkull
>>
>>48115916

Just play Zone Mortalis using cave rules.
>>
>>48115917
>don't want to lose every game
>but wants to play Orks (of any variety)
Choose one and only one anon
>>
>>48115917
Can't have fluffy and competitive in one ork list. If anything, just take a lot of bikers, deffkopters, and boyz in trukks and wagons. Just go fast and throw on Ghazghkull.
>>
>>48115615
Ah see my issue was getting a homing beakon in before turn 1 deep strikes, interceptors seemed good but I forgot servo skulls fill that niche, too bad coteaz can't take them which means I have to take a second dirt cheap inquisitor HQ
>>
So I like playing Nids but there's a guy who likes bringing two wraithknights at 1000 points in common rotation at my lgs.

What do? Besides cry, which seems like the correct choice. I was thinking about trying to shove a Heirodule + Venomthrope in his face but that six on a wound roll haunts me.

Do I just play the "Have Flyrants kill everything else and try to out-objective him" game? Rolling Purge the Alien sounds like pain though.
>>
>>48116110

Homing beacon doesn't work if you wanna Gate Purifiers though. I think the rule says only models in terminator armor may use it. I'd suggest that dirt cheap inquisitor or allied SM scout bikes with Locator beacon. You can infiltrate and scout them to position for some precision deep striking.

Also, Interceptors are pretty good. Like mini NDK.
>>
>>48116156
can you please take a picture of this guy's army and then take a picture of the guy? I want to be able to see his face. I got shit for wanting to bring 3 imperial knights in a 2500 point 30k, but this makes me feel a lot better about myself.
>>
>>48116156
Is your LGS a GW? Where do you live?

This sounds like you're making it up for (You)'s but on the extreme off chance you aren't - don't play him.
>>
>>48116182
people gave you shit over that? at 2.5k you might as well be playing apoc and bringing loads of anti tank. heck i think the primarchs can solo a knight easily or at least the iron warriors guy can
>>
File: tychoBW.jpg (231 KB, 1680x914) Image search: [Google]
tychoBW.jpg
231 KB, 1680x914
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=1432746

>Equips Librarian with force staff with no mention of Gallian's
>Doesn't mention the increase to Dreadnought attack profile
>"Just take grav bikers and Assault death star ;)"

Fuck you, John!

You shouldn't be giving tips, you should be begging for them at your low-paying job!
>>
>>48116156
>What do?
If it were me in your situation, I just wouldn't play him.
>>
>>48116156
>Eldar player
>two wraithknights at 1,000 points
>against Tyranids

He seems like an ass. I woudn't play him.
>>
>>48116262
yep it was pretty depressing. I just couldn't afford the $200 resin tanks or do justice for $100 primarch models so I got the Knight Renegades box instead haha.
>>
>>48115917
If you're using the GW rules, most groups will still let IA8 fly. Zhadsnark da Rippa has an at-initiative Power Klaw & allows taking bikers as troops. He's a great leader for a Speed Freakz army.

He disallows Walkers, but brings real fire when wrapped up in other bikers or Nob Bikers, plus a biker Painboy.

Trukk Boyz can't work unless they come in tremendous mass. If other players aren't faggots, they'll let you run FW stuff too, so you can loot up some Big Trakks with Supa Kannons to cover your biker advance.

Also, tons of Mek Gunz as backup--technically Zhadsnark disallows Big Gunz as well, but Mek Gunz =\= Big Gunz it's pedantic/rules lawyer as fuck, I guess, but anybody worth playing with at all will allow it, because you've already sandbagged yourself enough just playing Orks.
>>
Militarum Tempestus as my main army. 2000pts so far. How doomed am I?
>>
Warhammer 40K Conquest is better than the tabletop.
This makes me sad because it's audience isn't massive in my area.
>>
>>48116156

How is that even possible? Needs 2 cads, the cheapest legal cad being spiritseer plus ten rangers, at 190 pts each. Isn't a wk like 300 pts? Is his army just 2 knights and twelve guys?
>>
>>48116458

Nvm it would be 24 guys

Also I don't own a wraith knight so if I'm wrong on the cost, my apologies
>>
Im in a tough situation.
Recently recovered from cancer, living with parents at the moment. My mom is incredibly paranoid and is thinking painting got/is gonna get me cancer again.
I use the GW acrylic paints and by accident sometimes lick the brush, but always cleans my mom. Ive show her so many sources online and she says "They say its fine because theyre trying to sell you it" and only trust from cancer-based websites.
Please, help me find some sort of proof for this. I just want to paint and play warhammer.
>>
>>48116262

2500 in 30k is like 1500 at 40k. A 2500 marine army only has like 30 or 40 guys in it and I bet all his knights have AP3.
>>
>>48116262
>>48116357
>lol I don't wanna buy expensive stuff I'll just buy plastic knight discount box

Maybe that's why they shit on you.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-04+at+07.57.26).jpg (60 KB, 434x222) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-04+at+07.57.26).jpg
60 KB, 434x222
>>48116458
probably using windriders, 51pts for 3 jetbikes is a valid troops slot

pic related is likely what is being fielded, or some minor variant thereof
>>
>>48116489
Just don't lick the brush, my friend, I don't think you can convince yo momma of anything else, if she is as much of a dum-dum as she sounds
>>
>>48116489

Acrylic paints are non-toxic but many do actually have small amounts of carcinogens in them. I highly doubt your cancer will return, but if you're trying to prove to your mom that acrylic paints don't cause cancer, you're going to fail. Many ingredients for the colors such as cobalt minerals are actual carcinogens.

Also stop licking your brush that's disgusting. I don't know why so many painters do it. Just buy brush soap or use water/thinner to re-form the tip.
>>
>>48116166
I'm pretty sure I read on 1D4Chan that homing beacon works for everything

Thanks for all the good advice though, this is a lot of good food for thought that wasn't just "grey Knights suck and must take massive amounts of allies"
>>
>>48116489
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy

This is the only thing that could happen to you with working with paints, and will only happen if you live in an air tight outhouse with your paints.
>>
>>48116489
Get a doctor to tell her how ridiculous she's being.
>>
>>48116182

Geez.... This is what makes me don't want to play 40k anymore. Its the game of "unofficial moral rules". Sure it was always somewhat of a "you can do this but don't that" kind of game, but it just seems more extreme now that players can actually do some really wicked combinations.

If there is a game where players have a hard time (and I really mean hard time!) to adjust to following the actual fucking rules, its 40k. Your supposed to give your opponent tactical tips. You're supposed to let anyone cheat 1/2" every once in a while. You're supposed to let people you play "re-do" shit they forgot, or adjust stuff they had already completed. This is all summarized in a "good sportsman" as far as 40k goes.
What you, on the other hand, CANT do is quote the rules to many times. You're a rule lawyering cunt if you point to the actual rule book and suggest players actually abide by the RAW. You think you can pick and chose from what ever you fancy? Well, not in this game you cant! You must understand and follow the un-written rules of your local meta. It gets even harder when you face of against random players as certain special occasional rules apply to this encounter. And it all just becomes a game of "you can pick that, but not this because then you're a fucking WAAC player and no one will play you... only letting you in on this secret because I'm such a good sport!" type of game.
>>
>>48116530

Whoops. I forgot about windriders somehow. What a stupid list.
>>
>>48116419
terribly. you won't be able to hold ground, no anti air, no psykers, limited range, ally tier. to your credit you'll have plenty of ap3, some fast units and deep strikers

>>48116489
stop doing dumb stuff anon
>>
Last thread I was told by some kindly anons that a GK+IQ force as a tribute to the days of olde could work.

I haven't played since 5th.

Starting at 1000 pts, would I want to go Librarian for HQ? I'm just not so hot on the idea of footslogging, which I assume is still bad.

I thought about a Brotherhood Champion because he can take a transport and is reasonably cheap, and also would mesh well with Inquisition Henchmen like Priests, Flagellants, Death Cults.

Am I on the right track?
>>
>>48116550
grey knights work fine for a lot of things, however they are a small elite army, and the ONLY way I have had success playing a terminator heavy list against higher tier stuff (necron decurions, marines, eldar) is by abusing the shit out of superior psychic dice pool and giving as many squads invisibility from attached librarians/inquisitors as possible. its a shitty tactic but its one of the few ways to take enough strain off your invulnerables from all the grav/plas/distortion fire your small number of squads will attract.
>>
>>48116530
Wait you can have two CADs?
>>
>>48116616

Just use your Inquisitor as the HQ under 1000 and Draigo above 1250. GKs use their psykers to teleport around instead of footslogging. They can also deep strike onto the board.
>>
>>48116634

Thanks man. You think a Vindicare or Eversor would be a good addition? I particularly love the Eversor.

>Wryyyyy
>>
>>48116628
the game has changed anon; you can have as many CADs/formations/allies/etc as the points allow
>>
>>48116628

Most tournies limit you to 2. You can have as many detachments as you can fit for the points, including allies and formations, unless otherwise specified. A ten cad army is legal and counts as bound.
>>
>>48116616
the only correct choice for GK hq is the librarian. full stop. he just brings so much more than any of the others for less, and mastery level 3 means you can choose some decent powers with a 50/50 of getting the specific ones you want/need, (see >>48116618 )

as for footslogging, its not as bad as it sounds, take a nemesis strike force detachment, deepstrike gets you most of the distance you want to go, then you can use the run/shoot benefit to get yourself into cover to weather the retaliation strike.

its also worth noting your entire army is exclusively close-range weapons and you're already paying a power weapon tax on every dude, so getting close and assaulting is actually something you'll want to do a lot of the time.
>>
>>48116507
the only guys in my area who complain about buying on the cheap, dreadclaw conversions, and using the wrong mark armor for 30k are easily the biggest sperglords I've met. maybe it's an america thing, but I'm ok with being a more casual jew.
>>
>>48116634
Unfortunately draigo is a LoW now so he can't be an HQ
>>
>>48116489
stop brush licking that's gross
>>
>>48116530
Can I get sauce on that list building program, looks pretty good.
>>
>>48116419

They're pretty one-dimensional but I think they play pretty well. I bet your games are fun as hell.
>>
Is $15 for five Mark VI tactical marines from Sylvia White worth?
>>
File: 20160704_190556.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160704_190556.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
So I've been trying to decide on a new army to start for awhile now. It's a difficult decision because I like so many of them.
Well, anyway, over the weekend I visited relatives in TN and discovered they have a FLGS. Surprising, considering how far out into the boonies they are. Long story short, 40k isn't popular in the area so they were selling their stock at 50% off.
I now have Space Marines, largely because they're the only thing they had on large numbers.

Now I just need to decide on a chapter.
In addition to what can be seen in this picture, I also have a Betrayal at Calth box.

Thoughts?
>>
>>48116618
I'm currently at like 10+D6 dice for my psychic phase, people I play get pissed because it takes so long to use all my powers, what they don't realize is its my most important phase and without it I may as well forfeit

When it comes to grey Knights I would rather skip shooting/assault if I had to for a psychic phase

>also fuck the enemies single Psyker unit in their army trying to do anything without getting it denied
>>
>>48116385
>>anybody worth playing
Nigga I play orks and I wouldn't let you get away with that shit. But way to deflect your blatant rules breaking trying to make the OTHER guy look like the cock for somehow pushing your wheelchaired ass down the stairs.

Garbage.
>>
I want some dreadnoughts in drop pods for my tempestus scions (homibg beacons and hard points). What is the best way to get them?
>>
>>48116693
I'd say GKs are one of the only armies left that can rely on assault (Khone daemonkin I'm looking at you)

The problem I've had with deep striking my army aggressively is that once they have a big turn of raping the opponent in the face they usually can't get around to cap objectives and stuff like bikes will literally drive circles around them, not to mention rolling a bunch of 1s and 2s on reserves

I found that having a couple fast moving units on the board already (NDK, interceptors, a rhino full of purifiers, and most unpopularly a LR) helps to negate the problem and give you a decently strong turn 1 even if The deep strike offensive goes belly up

My army most certainly likes going first and gutting armies in turn one so they even the odds when they are always outnumbered
>>
>>48116707

The problem isn't being a Jew, it's that knights are so powerful and cheap.
>>
>>48116827

1 Librarian, 2x5 Scouts, start spamming dreads
>>
This just in

BaC units are getting reboxed for double the price and BaC is getting discontinued

Grab it while you can
>>
>>48116600
Yeah..no psykers...or named characters....or relics...it is a bit depressing...
>>48116766
The games I have played typically tunr out to be pretty cinematic. Deepstrike behind a wraith knight with a command squad of 4 meltas felt pretty sweet. Then rolling up with 8 plasmas all twinked, pinning and dumping shots onto a ton of Wraithguard and fire dragons felt nice too. Fluffy games but still nice.
>>
>>48116888
>I'd say GKs are one of the only armies left that can rely on assault (Khone daemonkin I'm looking at you)

KDK, SW, Necrons, Imperial Knights, and Daemons are all better than GK at assault.
>>
>>48116909
Oh no we lost worst angels and chaos chosen and a hell brute
>>
>>48116827
Take marine allies, a squad of scouts and the 50PT scout HQ, then throw a dread into a fast attack drop pop and volla
>>
>>48116727
>Draigo can't be an HQ
Who the hell comes up with this stuff? Do GW think before they do things?
>>
>>48116809
looks like you have the makings of an MSU battle company there, nice pickup.

for chapters, people will say a lot of things, but the correct answer is always "what makes you happy and/or has a color scheme you can stand to paint in large number"

look through the different styles of the major chapters, or find or create one with a paintscheme you really enjoy with an unknown progeitor and you can use whatever rules you like with them.
>>
File: mg9MMRS.jpg (164 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
mg9MMRS.jpg
164 KB, 600x450
>>48116923
>>
>>48116927

The scout HQ locks you into Ultramarines which is not only wasted on scouts but also gives no benefit to the dreadnoughts compared to other chapters. Just take a 65 point librarian instead.
>>
>>48116918
Fuck I forgot about necrons and SW shoving their scythes/wolf cocks up my ass

Are standard daemons really that good in assault? I fuck them up pretty good, but I guess I am playing GKs
>>
>>48116963

Not standard daemons, you have to be khorne/slaanesh or if you're Tzeentch you have to summon a SHIT LOAD of Daemonettes or Hounds. If you just do normal Daemons like Tzeentch or Nurgle you're going to be more casty than melee.
>>
>>48116944
Welcome to 7th edition, where chapter masters and other elite characters cost as much as land raiders and are LoWs instead of HQ choices
>>
>>48116955
Fuck I forgot he's ultramarines, I was just thinking of the absolute cheapest way to take marine allies, I should let more educated anons answer questions
>>
>>48116986
and also the edition where the pleb guard sergeant sitting way over in the corner under piles of cover can be a warlord purely by virtue of being type (character)
>>
>>48116986
>talking shit about Gabriel Seth

Say that to my face and not online heretic and see what happens.
>>
>>48116944

All named chapter masters are LoW now. Calgar, Gabriel Seth, Draigo, Dante.
>>
>>48116976
Fuck summoning armies, it sucks that that's what the new psychic phase encourages

I do like the time where I played a pretty novice tzeench daemon player who was just trying to fill the board with daemons but I just had so many GKs on the field and was getting lucky that I was actually denying more than half of the attempts, I out magic 'd the God of magic
>>
>>48117005
Wow... Do people actually do that just to deny slay the warlord and assassinate?
>>
>>48116531
Of all the carcinogens to worry about, acrylic paint shouldnt be high on the list. Point out a few things in your life that are identified contributors to cancer: animal fat found in dairy and red meat, sugar, etc.
Tell her to let you enjoy your life.

And I hope you are taking care of yourself. Your diet should be of the highest priority now. I strongly encourage you to explore alternatives to western medicine. Congrats on beating it anon.
>>
>>48117013
Seth is too busy trying to save his chapter of totally not vampires from destroying themselves to go after shit talkers

>but seriously I would not want to be in the same hive city as that tornado of rage and gore, that guy is pissed about something
>>
File: dis is gonna hurt so much!.png (1023 KB, 848x1292) Image search: [Google]
dis is gonna hurt so much!.png
1023 KB, 848x1292
Digging through my garage I found a box of Orks from Assault on Black Reach. I bought them when I was younger, it was purely out of hype. I never did end up painting them or playing them but now I feel the urge to get a proper waaagh going.

So I need to know from the Ork players out there, is it fun playing Orks? Does being defeated so much grind away at the amusement and lead to frustration? Should I hang up the choppas or try to make these fungus goons work?

If I should give it a go where would be a good place to start in terms of filling this army out?
>>
>>48116949
I'll probably end up painting them up as a non-canon chapter; I've always enjoyed coming up with colour schemes and iconography.
But that's good advice.

>nice pickup
I thought so. I kind of regret not picking up the Tau (1 FW squad, 1 Pathfinder squad, 2 battlesuit squads, 1 broadside, 1 riptide), since it was technically enough to start an army, but I just hate the Riptide model and didn't want to build up the rest of an army.

But I think I made out alright.
>>
>>48117125
>that guy is pissed about something

Eldar.
>>
>>48116976
Eh Nurgle is more zerging with stealthed/shrouded units and forcing the entire board into a turn 2 combat. Numbers, durability, and poison.
>>
File: 1465780255894.jpg (171 KB, 808x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465780255894.jpg
171 KB, 808x1024
>>48117142
>>
>>48117084
sadly yes. the only guy at my local who does it gets a game maybe once a month out of either pity or because the person playing him doesn't know better yet.

his army is actually beautifully painted, shame he's such an asshole on the table.
>>
>>48117024
not shrike or pedro cantor yet : ^ )
>>
File: Splitter Camo.png (44 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Splitter Camo.png
44 KB, 512x512
>>48115087
I would go with the Splitter camo from MGS3.
>>
>>48117254

Will Shrike ever be updated to CM?
>>
>>48117313

Probably. And hopefully. He's a badass.
>>
>your boss dies
>you suddenly swing more and can take more hits
>>
Should I sell my old models on display I'll never use or sell them
>>
>>48117313
as a raven guard player: I hope so? his current rules are pretty meh, with the only saving grace being shred, but it would be nice to see him updated into a fast&choppy chapter master in artificer. that lack of artificer and reliance too often on the 4+ invuln is his biggest letdown in practical use.

would also be a good reason to redo the old sculpt which did not make the transition from metal to finecast well, at all.
>>
>>48117231
That's something competitive melee and 40k has taught me, when you're a dick in one way or another sure you might win, but you might soon not be able to play any games outside tourneys where you literally have to pay to get games

It makes me sad though to think of the guy dropping hundreds of dollars on some super army and then suddenly no one wants to play them anymore
>>
>>48117084
what you don't? i purposely don't make my greater daemons warlord because i can hide and protect an exalted flamer in a squad of pink horrors better
>>
>>48117376
>That's something competitive melee and 40k has taught me

Boy, you sure just love to play the stupidest non-competitive shit in competitive settings don't you. Why not try competitive hop scotch next?
>>
>>48117458
Fuck that, my warlord is my warboss rocketing across the table in a wagon with some meganobz to go krump something

He usually gets killed by like a captain or some shit but anything else would just not be orky
>>
>>48116809
WHAT TOWN ANON for I am also in tennessee, specifically the eastern area
>>
>>48117458
at least that still makes some kind of sense, given how much daemons infight and how chaos is. but a guard sergeant over his regimental superiors?
>>
>>48117553
Athens, a store called Pair a Dice Games.

Not to be confused with Pair of Dice Games, which is in California.
>>
>>48117563
Oh. I'm surprised Athens even has game stores, i thought it was 100% hunters and metheads
I'm just outside of knoxville
>>
>>48117583
Like I said, I was very surprised.

When I was there, they had the Tau I mentioned, plus:
1 Ork boys
1 Ork nobs
1 Ork lootas
1 Eldar wraithguard
1 Eldar jetbikes
1 SM centurion devastator squad
1 SM scout sniper squad
1 CSM raptors
2 Dark Vengeance boxes
2 Cadian squads
1 Militarum Tempestus squad
1 Skitarii squad
and I think a Stormtalon
No guarantee any of that will still be there.

plus some fantasy stuff, like VC skeleton warriors and 2 AoS starter boxes.
>>
>>48117583
>>48117633
Also, I'd suggest calling ahead if you do go to make sure they still have stuff in stock.
>>
>>48117633
if you're ever in knoxville look for Warhammer turkey creek, they're really cool. the only issue is they have a hardon for AoS so they will push it. still waiting on those anons 2 threads ago to come buttfuck me
Name my new gang /tg/
>>
>tfw only a GW near you and the only other LGS doesn't even discount anything

at least the GW store is 2 minutes away and has nice people
>>
>>48117062
As a Tzeentch player,I wish summoning wasn't my only choice for competitive games/fighting other psychic armies.

The switch to the psychic phase did a number on the ability to really use lots of witchfires, and Divination being so bad at supporting Tzeentch is just disappointing.
>>
>>48117678
me on the left
>>
>>48117699
God? you really let yourself go man.
>>
>>48117678
Probably not going to happen, sadly. I'm in Louisiana. Visiting the senpai is a 9 and a half hour drive.
>>
>>48117514
Well I should say melee at a tourney/competitive skill level, tourneys are sad events and I only go to play friendlies and leave, as for 40k I would rather cover flayed ones models with my own skin than play 40k competitively, I should have worded it better and deserved a call out
>>
>>48117718
Ahh the ol "wonder around and look at the boxes of models you don't plan on buying" my favorite way to kill time while my models dry
>>
>>48116909
Already got my two. Looking forward to whatever this year's offering is. Best Legion ahoy!
>>
File: image.jpg (319 KB, 625x980) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
319 KB, 625x980
>>48117763
Hooray for best legion!
>>
>>48117557
idk much about guard or the army but it could be fluffed as the next commander or the general's son/daughter/relative/favorite in charge for a battle

>>48117517
it's gets tiresome having my keeper with her nice 5++ shot to death turn 2. also i've found the greater's don't benefit as much as heralds do from the warlord traits
>>
>>48116909
well shit

guess I'll just have to deal with playing MSU a while longer, not like I really need more marines for the game sizes I play anyway, and few/no 30k players handy.

next purchase will probably be IA14 and some stuff to finally start mechanicus. my biggest roadblock for them so far was my hate for kataphrons, and if the rumors are to be believed I'll be able to take thallax cohorts as troops slots.

best advice for other robots to consider, /tg/ ? vorax look kinda nifty, thanatar seems.... odd. the hellax version looks ok, but I can't quite wrap my head around what the sollex version is supposed to achieve.

this assumes of course that IA14 doesn't make taking robots complete ass.
>>
File: TS_Legionary_Mark_II.jpg (32 KB, 300x437) Image search: [Google]
TS_Legionary_Mark_II.jpg
32 KB, 300x437
>>48117838
>Implying
>>
>>48117926
Kek, your legion doesn't even have rules yet, anon!

Though TS are one of my favorites, can't wait to see what they get. For sure going to have loads of psykers, but how would they implement it so that they have more psykers than the Word Bearers? Since for 25 points WB can make Praetors, Consuls, and Centurions, as well as some other things Psykers as well, iirc.

Brotherhood of Psykers for Vet and Termi squads, maybe?
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 811x1126) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 811x1126
>>48117926
I don't know, the Word Bearers look pretty cool.
>>
File: 1377550843493.jpg (26 KB, 455x540) Image search: [Google]
1377550843493.jpg
26 KB, 455x540
Alright, fellas, what's the most up to date definitive list of cheese? Some of the players in my group like to use the term as a synonym for "this unit doesn't suck" and it's fucking stupid as all motherfuck. I'd like to give them some perspective. What units/lists are the most blatant examples?

>1) Wraith Knight
>>
>>48118012
Every squad will have access to psykers. I'm just hoping it's not going to be 1W psyker sergeants, because those end up prohibitively expensive (see 40k TSons).
>>
>>48118094
You'll get your expensive, shitty mastery 1 psykers that can only roll on the change tree and you'll like it, anon.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1143x1089) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1143x1089
>>48118094
It's probably going to be that only the sergeants are psykers. Or something like that.

>>48118091
Man, I love 30k art. Too bad that there's no model for that guy, I'd totally buy it just for the sake of having one.

Pic related is Typhus the Traveler before he changed his name from Calas Typhon. Not all important Space Marines are bald, look at that!
>>
>>48118092
Wraith Knight, Scatbike, Wraithguard, Warp Spider, Wraiths, Grav Centurions, "Skyhammer Conclave," non-ITC "Librarius Conclave," Riptide, Stormsurge.
>>
>>48118190
As someone who will soon be fighting tau for the first time, what is so overpowered about the riptide and the stormsurge?
>>
>>48118128
>Cast Boon of Mutation with two dice
>Perils, Sorcerer dies
>Ahriman takes a wound from the S4 Hit
>unworthy offering
Fuck that discipline, fuck that Codex. Haven't played it since.
>>
>>48118092

Thunderwolf Cavalry with PF or TH and SS
The two or three good Imperial Knight variants
Grav Centurions
Angels of Death psychic powers
White Scars Chapter Tactics
Space Marine Bike troops
Ravenwing Black Knights
Ravenwing Darkshroud
Librarius Conclave
Battle Company
Grav weapons
Necron Wraiths
Necron Decurion
Windrider Jetbikes
Warp Spiders
Wraithknight
Riptide
Stormsurge
Riptide Wing
Markerlights
Hunter Contingent
Ghostkeel Wing
Firebase Support Cadre
Piranha Firestream Wing
Ta'unar
Khorne Flesh Hounds
Fateweaver
Be'lakor
Corbax Utterblight
Malefic psychic powers
Hive Tyrant with Wings, 2 TL Devourer, E-Grubs
Void Shield Generator
Void Relay Network
Eldar Revenant Titan
Warhound Titan
Reaver Titan
Warlord Titan
>>
File: latest-5.png (2 MB, 1041x924) Image search: [Google]
latest-5.png
2 MB, 1041x924
>>48117838
>Lorgar most closely resembles his father
>Looks like handsome Squidward
>>
>>48118234
Massively undercosted and overly durable.
>>
>>48118234

After you play against them you'll know why your question is so fucking stupid and hopefully you'll kill yourself.
>>
>>48118252
>Hive Tyrant with Wings, 2 TL Devourer, E-Grubs
Personally, I don't think this unit is cheesey, its the fact that you can take 3 of them per detachment is what does it.
>>
File: Steel_Confessors_Scheme.jpg (167 KB, 400x586) Image search: [Google]
Steel_Confessors_Scheme.jpg
167 KB, 400x586
>>48114999
Sick trips, anyone have a word about this?

2000 pt Iron Hands (Steel Confessors)
Fist of Medusa Force

_Strike Force Command- 475
chapter Master 235
-Bike, Artificer Armour, Gorgons Chain, Grav
command Squad-240
-apothecary, bikes, 4grav, 4 stormshields

_Strike force command-275
chaplin-90
honor Guard(6)-185
-banner, lances

_Armoured Task force-680
predator-115
-lasgun sponsons
predator-115
-lasgun sponsons
predator-115
-lasgun sponsons
whirlwinds(3)-195
techmarine-140
-servo, iron stone, bike

_Honoured ancients-135
venerale dreadnought
-missile launcher

_Storm Wing-435
stormtalon-115
missles
stormtalon-115
missiles
stormraven-205
multimelta, extra armour
>>
>>48118279
>personally I don't think grav guns are cheesy, it's the fact that you can take X of them per detachment is what does it
>personally I don't think psykers are cheesy, it's the fact that you can take X of them per detachment is what does it
>personally I don't think free vehicles and wargear is cheesy, it's the fact that you can take X of them per detachment is what does it
>personally I don't think summoning free daemons is cheesy, it's the fact that you can summon X of them per game is what does it
>>
>>48118296
You're retarded.
>>
File: 8697646760_89483b09e0_b (1).jpg (102 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
8697646760_89483b09e0_b (1).jpg
102 KB, 1024x768
New player here. I decided to get into the game with Tau recently. I went a little crazy and picked up the following:
-20x Fire Warriors
-6x Crisis Suits
-1x Ethereal
-2x Ground Turrets
-1x Riptide
-1x Broadside
-1x Commander
-6x Stealth Suits
-1x Ghostkeel

For paint schemes, I think I'm going with the olive green style Fal'Shia, like pic related. It's going to be a bit though as I'm currently assembling and magnetizing Fire Warriors / Crisis Suits.

Did I choose good shit, where do I go from here, and what would be a good beginner list or strategy to go for?
>>
File: image.png (387 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
387 KB, 1000x1000
>>48118253
Just for you, anon.
>>
>>48118311
>get BTFO
>y-y-y-you're a retard

Nice argument dipshit. If flyrants weren't cheesy people wouldn't even spam them.
>>
>>48118265
Okay, because we have a Necron player in our group who lost for the first time ever to another player's fairly benign heavy bolter Imperial Fists list who is now talking about allying with Tau (because he got outranged by said Heavy Bolters) and I'm now faced with coping with the already frustrating Necron Decurion atop whatever new shoot-me-to-death-before-I-can-do-anything Tau can offer.

>>48118268
Sounds like its someone's special time of month. I've never fought Tau before. Get over yourself.

>>48118329
I appreciate you.
>>
>>48118285
Does the Chapter Master not have a weapon?

Seems awfully light on numbers. Objectives could be an issue.
>>
>>48118342
To be fair to nid players, it's their only remotely good option.

A lone flyrant surrounded by a bunch of otherwise "typical" nids isn't BAD, but it isn't the greatest thing in the world.
>>
>>48118370
no melee weapon on chapter master
Objectives will be an issue vs drop pod spam and horde
I do not like getting command squad into melee
and it costs too much to have them shoty and melee
plus I have a honor guard in an assault vehicle
>>
>>48118342
If there was another unit in the codex worth the points then we would use that.

Fuck I wish I could use something else, it feels so bad to feel so good only getting hit on 6's and connecting 68/72 devourer shots in 2 rounds

If genestealers were viable, every nid player would take them
>>
>>48118419
So that 235 point character is essentially just a bullet sponge for the Grav Command Squad? That's really, really dumb.
>>
>>48118417
all we have are flyrants and stupid gimmicks like lictor/mawloc bullshit
Crones are good against anything that doesnt immedietly kill them
>>
>>48118360
>lost once
>going to buy a new army to compensate
Not much you can do to stop shitters from being shitters. Just let him and refuse to play if it isn't fun
>>
>>48115917
>speed freeks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRF-pgMWpwQ
>>
>>48118453
I mean I can always give him axe of medusa and remove an honor guard model
how would you take the command squad?
I'm really not tryin to sound dick, I would like to know
>>
Made a Tempestus list for fun, looking for opinions since I'm not actually going to play this, I just like making lists

1845/1850 points

Ground Assault formation - 750 pts

- Commisar
- Tempestus command squad, 3x plasma, medi-pack, taurox

- 5 scions, 2 melta, taurox
- 5 scions, 2 melta, taurox
- 5 scions, 2 flamers, taurox

Airborne Assault formation - 930 pts

- same as above, replace taurox with Valkyries

10th Company Task force - 165 points

- 3 squads of 5 bolter Space Marine scouts

Tack the comissars onto the flamers squads b/c why not. Would you play vs. this?
>>
>>48118285
Firstly, wotk on your formatting. That's fucking horrible.
Secondly, you have nothing with obsec. Or any thing that can play the objective game very well.
Drop both strik force commands.
Take either the battle demi company or stormlance battle demi-company in place of task force. If you want tank heavy, go with the latter.
Put the chaptermaster in one of those. Give him a melee weapon, or lose the chain and take the primarchs wrath instead if your going for a shooty one. Take a reclusium command squad to get your command squad and chaplain.
Storm wing is a point sink. I would take something else instead
What the hell is your planned strategy?>>48118501
Drop the honor gaurd entirely. Given how common AP 2 is, the SS+apoth command squad is a far better option then them.
Keep the chain, and give him a regular old melee weapon, like a power weapon or thunder hammer
>>
>>48118551

Also everything starts in their respective transport and in reserves. Aiming for the narrative that scouts spotted a good place to assault and called in the cavalry.
>>
>>48118501
I'd drop the command squad entirely and ally in some Ravenwing or White Scars bike formation. Or I'd add one of the Skyhammer's to the Medusa strike force.
>>
>>48118322
Seems like a basic balanced force. Tau are like eldar as in all there units are good and the worst units are just a case of "average but has better options" really
>>
>>48118586
Ok thanks I'll start working on those changes
sorry about the shorthand formatting

I was going to deliver the honor guard with the storm raven
The list was mostly made as a trapdoor spider with the bikers as a bait
and the firepower coming from the tanks and flyers

MAybe this is a bit convoluted
I was also thinking
biked command squad with chap master
armoured task force as it is
and skyhammer annihalation force

I'll get back to the drawing board
>>
>>48116272
So basically just play normal space Marines. Who are 1000 times better in every way.
What shit advice
>>
>>48116909
I'm seeing news for the repacks, as follows the long running rumour, but none for the discontinuing of the BaC box (though that one has been rumoured and subsequently refuted on multiple occasions)
You got a source on it being discontinued?
>>
File: 1443120545331.jpg (31 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1443120545331.jpg
31 KB, 600x337
>>48118252
>Khorne Flesh Hounds
>Corbax Utterblight

Wait, what? I know that flesh hounds are amazing but idk if they're that great, daemons or kdk. As for Cor'bax you can't use his warlord trait in 40k (or oppondent permission) , he's only lv2 and he still needs to reach combat to make back his points. Unless i'm missing something about these units. I agree on the other ones though.
>>
>>48116923
Hahaha everyone laugh at the retardation!
Fucking retarded. Get the fuck out of here and never come back. Bitch.
>>
>>48117228
This advice is heavily dated. Either one of these things will get your shit pushed in by all but the garbage tier lists in 7th.
>>
>>48118833
Doesn't mean it isn't fun though
>>
>>48118697
Thanks man. Do you have an opinion on playing regular Tau vs Farsight Enclave?
>>
>>48117838
30kg is next door friend.
>>
File: image.png (604 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
604 KB, 1536x2048
I've got a Steel Confessors thing too. How do these options look, and which one seems better? It's part of an 1850 Medusa Strike force, so 5+ FNP for the Marines.
>>
File: Domitar.jpg (130 KB, 669x721) Image search: [Google]
Domitar.jpg
130 KB, 669x721
>>48117858
Vorax are good for throwing at or infiltrating behind enemy lines and leaving on autopilot.
Castellax are good for general purpose combat.
Domitars are good for melee, but aren't worth their point costs.
The Arlatax is better at the Domitar's job but don't have models.
The scyllax are mediocre, unless you happen to have a magos with a rad furnace, in which case they make good bodyguards.
The Thanatar is a fantastic morter that can also beat the shit out of anything that tries to get close to it, but it's variations generally aren't worthwhile.
>>
>>48118322
>magnetize fire warriors
> fire. Warriors.
Anon are you fucking retarded? Just give them pulse rifles. Job done. Your typically just going to be running min squads away so one box of ten had you covered.
Buy drones (marker lights). You already have the models for a cheesy optimized stealth Cadre. Buy more riptides and broadsides.
Congrats! Your a Tau fag now.
Die
>>
>>48118329
Thank you.
>>
>>48118285
>>48118963
Pics of your Steel Confessors?
>>
File: image.jpg (313 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313 KB, 1536x2048
>>48118963

Here's the full list. I know Smashfucker is a super dick-move, but it's for a fun game trying to be cheese-heavy
>>
>>48118448
That's why I hold a special hate for tyranid.
It's broken, but not broken enough to get them all the way to the big boys table.
Instead of then going ork/sisters/blood Angels and just playing fluffy shit, they still vainly spam away, never trying anything else.
Pathetic really.
>>
>>48119050
sorry I haven't started them yet
But I haven't seen many of them online anywher
I like the color scheme too-bone and steel grey
It'll go well with a lucius war convocation- red, black, and bone
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 185x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 185x272
>>48119050

Sorry mate, on vacation. They're just standard color scheme like pic related, but I've considered swapping the green/bone colors on the pauldrons.
>>
>>48119031
I dunno man, a big part of this hobby for me is the construction and painting, so I enjoy magnetizing and making even my rank and file dudes nice little models.

Also, I forgot to mention but I have several drones from the crisis suits and fire warriors. Should I primarily make them marker lights? I was just going to not glue them so that I can make them whatever I want when I play.
>>
>>48118820
To be fair, I heard a rumour that DV is getting discontinued at some point soon as well. The expansion packs being discontinued is the only proof I actually have so far though.
>>
>>48119070
I mean don't blame the players
The codex is almost from another game at this point
Who said we haven't tried anything else?
If we didn't run 3-4 tyrants we would never make it to turn 5
just look at the nid codex for like 15 min
then open a random page in eldar's dex

really makes you think
>>
>>48119165

What's the point of magnetizing shit you're never going to use ever.
>>
>>48119208
>8th Edition Pulse Carbine 24" S6 AP3 Assault 2
>>
>>48119061
Thats pretty nice
I was thinking that without the AdMech
and trying to put in the armoured task force
you get a 12" PotMS bubble on your techmarine
bretty good on a predator wih sponsos imo
>>
>>48119061
>thinks smashfucker is good
>doesn't even have a proper smashfucker
>>
>>48119208
You seem a bit too upset about how someone is choosing to build their kit, anon
>>
>>48119257
That one kinda looks interesting when it re-rolls ones
>>
>>48119230
>This kills the vespid
Fuck tau and suits give me ally races, the tau aren't supposed to fight on their own.
>>
>>48119257
What am I missing? Because if you mean bikes, that's to much RAW even for me. But other than that, it's Reroll-1's 2++/2+FNP/5+IWND (he gets the 2++ from the Psykers pulling Sanctuary). It may be diet, but it's still fucking insane
>>
>>48119328

>the tau aren't supposed to fight on their own.

Yet they are the backbone of their own expansion efforts.
>>
For Gladius, does Skyhammer count as a valid Auxillary?
>>
>>48119292
>>48119257
and you could argue that he can take a bike
since Cata Term armor counts as terminator armour for use of teleport homers, embarking on transports and formation restrictions

unless formations restrictions means you cant take a bike,
thats almost like a 1 model screamerstar
>>
Is there any starting guide? None of the links in the OP seem to help new players.
>>
>>48119234
I just love the Admech CAD. The Dominus can heal a wound to his unit (if I put plasma on the destroyers) and if not, that's 30 fucking Grav shots going 36" and healing faster than you can kill them. Plus if I give the Dominus the stasis field, he's healing wounds with a 2+ invuln.
>>
>>48119345
Not for gladius, but I think imperial firsts can take it in their version.
>>
>>48119343
Yes they are but it has been stated that they are also dependant on their other allies, in the Tyranid or eldar codex they join forces with all their neighbour empires and even border worlds of the Imperium to have any chance against the coming tyranid force.
>>
>>48119061
>that
>SMASHFUCKER
That isn't even baby SMASHFUCKER.

These are the proper SMASHFUCKERs:
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_Smashfucker
>>
File: Ultramarines Wisdom.jpg (105 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarines Wisdom.jpg
105 KB, 720x960
I'm a new player who is struggling against every race right now.

I've played about 15 games so far, against SM, Tau, Eldar, CSM, Daemons, Orks. Won very few of them, and even then it was mostly luck.

1) How do I make a 1850 Gladius Ultramarines list that doesn't suck?
2) How do I play said list?

I just want a good, well-rounded army that relies on solid fundamentals and not any cheesy tactics. But I'm struggling very hard. Please help me, tg.
>>
>>48119385
Is Smashfucker without a bike+cataphrachi still a valid Smashfucker?
>>
>>48119384

>all their neighbour empires

I find that suspect given they neighbor several large and aggressive Ork Empires.
>>
>>48119165
OP here.
If you want to do that, do it on riptides/crisis/broadsides/ghost kneels SUITS, not the fucking tiny ass infantry that, as previously mentioned, are going to be a min squad hidden out of LOS all fucking game
>>
>>48119179
Still a retard. Get out of here.
>>
File: wtfamIreading.gif (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
wtfamIreading.gif
2 MB, 720x404
>>48115083
>>
>>48115348
No more flesh tearer drop pod shit etc
>>
>>48119388
>new player
>1850
Stop being a tard just play lower point values for now.
>>
>>48119349
If he could take a bike...
Cata Term captian-120
-bike-20
-gorgons chain-45
-Cataphractii armour-0
-thunder hammer-25
-betrayers bane-25 (optional)
total-235 with a 2+, 3++ reroll 1's, 2+fnp with apoc
>>
>>48119416
That was my first post ITT.
>>
>>48119388
this >>48119423

make a 500 point list than move up
find out what works for you and what doesn't
>>
>>48119184
Once again, see sisters/orks/ blood angels. All in the same boat as tyranid fags. Still don't do that shit (but they don't have an ace like a Flyrant). And almost every codex compares badly to eldar, it doesn't 'make you think'.
>>
>>48119423
>>48119457
About 10 of my games were 500pt or 1k pts. If that's not enough I'll go back, but I was told by many that Space Marines only start getting really good at 1850.
>>
>>48119230
Also in built marker light (also two shot).
Oh and fire warriors and all suits are auto BS 4. Fuck it why not? At this point I WANT 40k to become Aug of the Emperor
>>
File: broderick-worr.png (84 KB, 300x418) Image search: [Google]
broderick-worr.png
84 KB, 300x418
>>48116440
Self bumping because, well, it's true.
Imperial Guard/AM for life.

YO HO BRING OUT THE GUARD.
YO HO WE'RE GOING TO WAR.
YO HO WE'LL SLAY 'EM ALL.
WITH OUR MAN COMMISSAR WORR!
>>
>>48119466
But nobody plays that in competetions unless as allies
and orks, idk shit bout them
>>
>>48119451
I mean does anyone have a definition for "formation restrictions"

what does terminator armour restrict in regards to formation and not equipment?
>>
>>48119466
>Sisters, Blood Angels
>same tier as Orks and Tyranids
>forgetting that CSM and Dark Eldar exist
Seriously, I don't know if it's just ignorance from not seeing Sisters, or just Sisterfags being delusional, but you fucks need to stop acting like Sisters are the same tier as the bottom codexes.
>>
>>48119345
No
The Gladius force organization chart from the base codex has not been updated in any way
The Iron Hands and Imperial Fists variants can use Skyhammer Annihilation as an Auxiliary
>>
>>48119400

You don't even have a fucking weapon on him. He's swinging a fucking bolter around.
>>
>>48119400
No
T4 means that there's a large variety of weapons you won't get your beefed up FNP against that are commonly shot at beatsticks and deathstars
>>
Which SM chapter is best suited to drop pod tactics?
I've always liked that aspect of their fluff.
>>
>>48119757
Star phantoms. They get TL on all weapons after being spat out of their pods and in the fluff are well known for their drop pod assaults and blowing up everything everywhere.
>>
>>48119757
Asides from Star Phantoms (they get army-wide twin-lined for one turn), I think Ultramarines do it better than anyone else.
>>
>>48119401
>I find that suspect given they neighbor several large and aggressive Ork Empires.

IIRC, they managed to bribe one Ork Empire to actually go out and fight the Tyranids before they got there, and the rest of them don't give a flying fuck what the Tau have to say on the matter.

Including Orks in an "allliance" discussion is kinda moot, given their nature.
>>
>>48119472
>but I was told by many that Space Marines only start getting really good at 1850

that can be said for every army

if you dont want to play small point games then dont. You shouldn't expect to win many games at your skill level anyways again just keep playing until you have a good understanding of whats in your army and how to use it.

also there are plenty of better sites to use for tactics and list than 4chan if you are not getting any help here
>>
>>48119792
What about Red Scorpions with fnp tacticals?
>>
>>48119757
Ragnar's demi-company get free drop pods via the new Wulfen book, meaning you don't need to take a whole battle company.
>>
>>48119838
It's good, but not specifically anything to do with drop pods.
>>
>>48119792

Star Phantoms also have a small reserve bonus of some sort that benefits pods as well IIRC.
>>
>>48119853
cant you droppod objsec fnp tac squads?

I guess thats only really good with demi company stuff
>>
>>48119472

Marines are expensive compared to other armies. 500 points only gets you two or three squads of wimpy marines, but it will get you two giant unkillable monsters or a over 100 models in other armies.
>>
>>48117313
Real Raven Guard CM is Murderwings
>>
>>48119796
>ultra marines
>not flesh tearers
>not any other chapter that focuses on blitzkrieg vs. measured strategic advance
>>
>>48119903
Well yeah, you can drop pod just about anything down. I understand your logic in dropping down tanky tacticals, I just thought you were looking more for chapter tactics that exemplify steel rain.
>>
>>48118285
how about this shit
even a stupider list and assuming cataphractii can get a bike

_Strike Force Command- 560
Terminator capt-245
-bike, cataphractii armour, Gorgons chains, thunderhammer, grav, digweapons
command Squad-240
-apothecary, bikes, 4 axes, 4grav, 4 SS

_Strike force command-325
chaplin-90
honor Guard(8)-235
-banner, lances

_Armoured Task force-680
predator-115
-lasgun sponsons
predator-115
-lasgun sponsons
predator-115
-lasgun sponsons
whirlwinds(3)-195
techmarine-140
-servo, iron stone, bike

_Storm Wing-435
stormtalon-115
missles
stormtalon-115
missiles
stormraven-205
multimelta, extra armour
>>
>>48117678
What an uncomfortably fat picture.
>>
File: 1442209303194.gif (2 MB, 294x232) Image search: [Google]
1442209303194.gif
2 MB, 294x232
>>48120056
>bike and cataphractii

are you seriously gonna try this offline?
>>
File: 100_0636_original.jpg (993 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
100_0636_original.jpg
993 KB, 2304x1728
Opinions on Battle Foam? I need to upgrade out of my shitty home made toolbox and it's on sale this weekend.
>>
>>48120117
Not him, but if somebody actually took the time to model and paint that, and it looked good, I'd play against it.
Sure it's RAW as hell, but it would look fucking awesome. And if gabe can do jumps and backflips in it in DoW3 I see no reason you couldn't ride a bike.

Might have to be a modified attack bike, but oh well
>>
>>48120117
I guess it is technically allowed, but it's too RAW for anyone to take it seriously. It's fucking listed as terminator armor and is a free upgrade from regular terminator armor.
>>
>>48120119

Battle Foam is the best foam storage you can get for miniatures on the market. However, it's also the most EXPENSIVE on the market, BY A LARGE MARGIN. You do get what you pay for. The value is almost entirely in the foam, which is high quality and space efficient. Their hard canvas bags are nice, but their hard plastic gun cases seem like a scam since you can get similar cases from other stores for non-miniature purposes such as cameras, firearms, and even GW's hard cases.

That said, their foam is over twice as efficient as the competitors when laser cut. You can fit in one single Battle Foam case what would take two or three times as many trays from KR or Sabol to fit. That's a stack of foam literally as tall as you are, crammed into one large Battle Foam case.

Pictures speak for themselves. Left is Battle Foam, and right is Sabol. Both stacks fit the same amount of shit.

If you're going cheap, stay with your home made options. They work and are generally good enough for daily use. If you're going to sink money into fancy foam cases, don't waste your money on the mediocre ones, and go full retard maximum cost Battle Foam. It's a waste of money to do otherwise.
>>
>>48120210
I guess we know who's on Battle Foam's payroll...
>>
>>48120210
What about battle foam's pick and pluck options? I don't really want to do a laser cut or custom fit and I don't know what I'll be getting next so pick and pluck seems to make the most sense for me.
>>
Hey everyone moving around my 40k Armies today got me interested in playing it again (that and building a new army for AoS) I got out at the ass end of 6th and haven't looked much into 7th. I'm mainly interested in getting some play out of my Slaanesh Daemons army What are some differences between 6th and 7th and what would be some "Must takes" with a Daemons force?
>>
>>48120117
I mean its for the lulz rly
I mean you sacrifice an attack, a wound, and grav for the reroll
don't get me wrong, its totally worth it for the unkillableness
but it kinda could make sense as a balance
what does "formation resrictions" mean?
>>
>>48120250

Pick and pluck is going to be same efficiency regardless since you're going to waste space plucking imperfect shapes. If you're just going pick and pluck or basic squares and rectangles, you can just buy KR or Sabol foam. Just keep in mind the cheaper cases will have things like cardboard shells or flimsy cloth bags. Ideally you want something protective, so at the very least, a hard style bag like Battle Foam has.
>>
>>48120245
Bet you call people GW shills all the time too. God forbid this board have actual legitimate advice with actual evidence to back it up too. It'd be much better to be "shill free" and just have retarded advice from dumb niggers like you right?
>>
>>48119624
>BUT YOU GET EXCORISTS AN SHEEIT
dies like a rhino. No formations, no real cc ability on an army that MUST get up close to use its special weapons spam, no psykers, T3 all around.
Sisters suck. I'm sure you will come up with some fucking stupid gimmick that chains together 5 different sources, but the army sucks
>>
>>48119542
Dude is English your second language or something what the fuck
>>
>>48120289
Yes
>>
>>48120307
>i bet he uses dollar store brushes

I hope you guys are thinning your paints with pure distilled Citadelâ„¢ painting water.
>>
>>48120302
what if I'm just drunk?
>>
File: image.png (42 KB, 874x915) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 874x915
What? I'm loyal how dare you suggest otherwise!
>>
>>48120418
>the symbol of the loyal black shields in 30k was a sword piercing the traitorous snake
>the DA symbol is literally a sword piercing the Imperial eagle wings

Fucking traitors.
>>
>>48119796
ywhat.

raven guard motherfucker. 9 pods, turn 1. without much difficulty and meta choices in your favor from talon strike. (reroll deployment, mission, etc)

sadly for a lot of people, a properly run talon strike force is TOO hard, since very few armies aside from tau with EWO on everything or coteaz can do anything about whats hitting them full in the face, or can regain board control after turn 1.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.