[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happy Fap of July, /tg/. Here's my dilemma: >Wanna design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Chinatown Venice.jpg (523 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
Chinatown Venice.jpg
523 KB, 1280x905
Happy Fap of July, /tg/.

Here's my dilemma:
>Wanna design a city-state in a fantasy setting
>Can't decide if it should be on the water like Venice or way up in the mountains like Macchu Pichu
>Decide to combine both

Now how do I put a large body of water way up in the mountains and why would anybody build a city-state there?
>>
Floating mountains.
>>
A caldera lake in a dormant volcano.

Said lake is home to some highly valuable/sought after species of rare fish.
>>
>>48110143
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Titicaca

This, but maybe a smaller lake?
>>
Naturally warm water from a subterranean heat source, in a world frozen by a new ice age.
>>
>>48110143
Mountains are easy to defend, and if it's a major source of water (i.e. the source of a major river), it allows you to hold the water supply of the surrounding regions hostage, and translates to a lot of political power.

If the mountain is a huge source of water and multiple rivers, you could make the city-state an arbiter of rivers that can affect the balance of power by determining how much water each river receives.
>>
>>48110143
The city is built up, around and atop a series of ancient dams.
>>
>>48110504
something like this. i see it as a giant crater/bowl of mountains that has a lake in the middle, and a city built in that.
>>
File: Alana.jpg (485 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
Alana.jpg
485 KB, 1275x1650
Bumping for more ideas.
>>
>>48112605
Something tells my you may have selected the wrong image.
>>
>>48112688
Looks like a mountain to me, and breast milk is like water, right?
>>
>>48110143
>why would anybody build a city-state there
What you call home hasn't historically been up to you. If I recall correctly, Venice itself was built because the people were pushed into the less than ideal spot.
>>
>>48110185
This.
>>
>>48110185

>magical fish that when eating gives certain powers
>powerfull magic users make their home there, because magic fish boosts their powers
>said magic users have money and influence, making for a great influx of traders from foreign lands to cater to their tastes.
>lavish parties under the moonlight, with the flsh glowing in the channels

Shiii this writes itself dude.
>>
>>48112997
>What you call home hasn't historically been up to you. If I recall correctly, Venice itself was built because the people were pushed into the less than ideal spot.
This. People fled to the islands to escape invasions by barbarians like the Huns and Goths.

A city state in the mountains would be very difficult for an outside invader to assault.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.