[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DM acquaintance says he'll DM for small group of mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: received_10210093729046797.jpg (23 KB, 507x253) Image search: [Google]
received_10210093729046797.jpg
23 KB, 507x253
>DM acquaintance says he'll DM for small group of mostly inexperienced players.
>Go to his house, me, one friend and two other acquaintances as the party.
>Realize tonight we probably won't even get to character creation, just set up expectations for the new players and get into the world a bit.
>DM says we can play Catan
>Play boring long game of Catan, half of us bore-quit
>DM guy: "If you can't even sit through a game of Catan, how can I expect you to play a campaign.

And I like Catan, it was just a slow boring game that time. Now he won't DM for us. Who is the fegget here?

Pls no "do you even Catan"
>>
>>48099567

Well, if you couldn't Catan, then he has a point. How can someone run a game for people who aren't mesmerizing?
>>
>>48099567
Why'd he get mad? I thought the point of Catan was to be the last guy to bore-quit. I thought that's how you win that shitty game.

Either way, doesn't seem like a loss to me. Was he gonna run a Catan based campaign or something? Fugg em.
>>
>>48099644
Not a catan based game. Some seemingly interesting bronze age Conan style setting. I feel like we missed out but come on, one game of Catan to judge?
>>
>>48099567
Sounds like he procrastinated, got in over his head, and was fishing for an excuse to not run something he didn't have the concentration to prepare.

It could have been anything that occurred that evening. If you would have enjoyed the game, he would have suggested that everyone just play board games weekly instead; if you would have declined the offer to play Catan, he would have said that he wouldn't run something he couldn't expect you to show up to. Barring that, he would have found a way to get mad at someone and cancel it on the account of one person; casting himself as a victim of the unfortunate recipient. What he should have done in this situation was be honest and say: 'yeah, sorry guys, I'm going to need another week or two to set this up.'

>DM guy: "If you can't even sit through a game of Catan, how can I expect you to play a campaign.'

This should be your clue, he's projecting. Because if he can't design one session, how does he expect to run an entire campaign? That being said, don't be bitter, instead, take this as an opportunity to run that game one game you always wanted to run. Be the hero your group needs.
>>
>>48099567
>BerenSTAIN
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>48100646
>Implying the people that bitch about GMs on /tg/ would EVER get off their asses and GM themselves.
Hoho Haha.
>>
File: how-can-we-help.jpg (23 KB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
how-can-we-help.jpg
23 KB, 480x340
>>48100673
A series of children's books written and illustrated by Stan and Jan Berenstain?
>>
>>48100688
I'm making a habit of giving people the benefit of the doubt, it makes me less angry in the long run.
>>
>>48100754
This is 4chan, how dare you be a reasonable and well balanced individual.
>>
>>48100646
That Catan board is bugging me so much.

>non-desert space w/o a number or two desert spaces and one has a number
>no 12
>not enough brick or wheat spots
not 100% on this one:
>but one of the players placed one of their first two settlements on the spot with no number
>>
File: sniper grin_2.png (287 KB, 671x560) Image search: [Google]
sniper grin_2.png
287 KB, 671x560
>>48100688

>Players
>Not an inferior parasitic species that try to attach themselves to host-GMs at every opportunity
>>
>>48100673
>berenstein bears
how is like in the Alt Universe?
>>
>>48103612
>>48100748
>>48099567

I swear that people just photoshopped a ton of these covers and spread them around the internet before doing the whole "Berenstain or Berenstein?"
>>
>>48099567
>the berenstain bears
>berenstain

NO WRONG
NO
IT'S BERNSTEIN DAMMIT
Fuck

And he's the faggot for starting people out with Catan. It's a slow game at the best of times
>>
>>48105495

At least it weeds out power gamers who would've spent most of the game on their phones until combat starts.
>>
Op here, you guys made me feel a lot better. I have limited skills, but I feel like if could run a game myself. If I do though, catan homeboy gonna get real mad when he hears through the grapevine.
>>
>>48099567
>the GM considers his games to be about as engaging as Catan

You're better off
>>
>>48100646
>>48103116
>illegal settlment placement on the 8 hex
>the OTHER 8 hex has no settlements next to it
>6's are similarly underpopulated

It's almost as though the artist had never played the game
>>
>>48106640
Seems you found your solution Anon. Your best bet is to find a new DM either within the group of players or outside this individual and cut him from the game entirely. If this is the kind of shittiness you can expect from him when you aren't even playing, you are likely to see "That
Guy/ That GM" shit come up throughout the game no matter what role he is in.
>>
>>48100754
Fuck you and your "maturity." I get angry the second people act even slightly different than I want them to and don't tolerate any bullshit from anyone. And I get snizz on the reg. Bitches love assholes and so do I if you know what I mean.
>>
>>48099644
>I thought the point of Catan was to be the last guy to bore-quit
No, the point is to build a web of alliances and deals to fuck over whoever has the most obvious lead until the game's solidified into factions, get your hands on a trade route, then double deal like a motherfucker and snatch longest road and largest army at the last second.
Additionally, it's to speak in outrageous accents while negotiating as FIRST COMRADE OF THE GLORIOUS DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF SHEEPISTAN, LONG MAY HE REIGN.

If you aren't getting into politics and trades, of course it's going to be boring.
>>
Op have you considered running a Catan style campaign just for shits? Like settlers on a new island, fight back the indigenous monsters, grow resources build forts and families? Could actually be reallu cool
>>
>>48105466
Naw, the publisher or author changed it to make it sound less Jewish at some point.
>>
>>48106926
>Thief is on the 12
Why? Why would you do that?
>>
>>48107959
Sometimes you want to mug one particular person, but all their good tiles have other people on them you might not want to fuck over.

Sometimes the 12 is their only source of that resource, and cutting them off completely from something they desperately need is worth it.

Sometimes you just need to move the fucking bandit even though he's right where you want him, so you just put him wherever doesn't affect you and knight him back next turn.
>>
ITT: Catan Cancer
>>
>>48109001
Catancer
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.