[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking for some widely played, great board games similar to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: heroquest.jpg (193 KB, 1051x664) Image search: [Google]
heroquest.jpg
193 KB, 1051x664
looking for some widely played, great board games similar to pic

thanks
>>
>>48097837
Descent: Journeys into Darkness
Super Dungeon Explore
The series of D&D board games
>>
>>48097923

I knew someone would be along to mention the co-op filth, with no DM using a dungeoneering theme and try to compare it to Heroquest.

Descent is a tactical combat game with no exploration elements.

The others are co-op trash. Maybe beating a game mechanic is somehow fun and exciting to you I prefer a human opponent.

1. Go to: http://www.yeoldeinn.com there is a trove of homebrew content.

2. Check out Mantic's Dungeon Saga which has nice minis and the mini-less Dungeon Venture.

3. Closely scrutinize dungeon themed games which do not share Heroquests core mechanic of players vs. Zargon/Morcar (DM).
>>
The Best part of Heroquest is the expansions. Which you should immediately discard.
>>
Obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A
>>
>>48098153
You're really upset about co-op games, maybe just chill out a bit hey
>>
File: 1466726603021.jpg (93 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1466726603021.jpg
93 KB, 620x670
>>48098161

>... You can't even tell what this is

Every time.

He's right though.
>>
>>48097923
>Descent: Journeys into Darkness

Absolute trash game
>>
>>48097837
Dragon Strike! It was a fair primer for actual RPGs as a wee lad, and a good time to boot. But while it's a lovely game, it's likely too similar to Hero Quest for you to give much shit if you already have that as an option (wouldn't know, I've never played Hero Quest).
>>
>>48098205

Co-op games are fine but they are also wildly popular to the point I think many gamers are being robbed of the highly satisfying experience of besting a human opponent. As well as missing the fun of trash talk. Also there are many games that are co-op only that would be more fun to play vs a human. Zombiecide comes to mind.
>>
>>48097923
>Super Dungeon Explore
Am I blowing this year's Xmas budget on ALL OF THE EXPANSIONS or getting Kingdom Death core? Decisions, decisions...
>>
>>48097923
Warhammer Quest
Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower.
>>
>>48098153
what would you recommend for non co-op (vs. DM) board games then? just to weigh my options
>>
>>48098787
>implying heroquest isn't basically co-op
The GM makes little to decisions in the game. He's basically there to keep track of hidden information in the rulebook, which most of the 'co-op filth' just does by having the rulebook and components spaced so that the information is revealed with the exploration without needing a human tracker.
>>
>>48098161
10/10

I need more reviews like this.
>>
>>48098829

Dungeons & Dragons with a battle mat
>>
>>48098153
Hey retard, SDE might have a care bear mode but the default is getting your dick kicked in my the Consul, plus it has a straight PvP mode. Do you just enjoy being wrong or are you developmentally disabled?
>>
>>48098787

I have the internet for being assholes to people and I can do that shit any day of the week.

It's rare that I actually get together with my buddies, we're all married and moved away. So when I actually want to get together with people I like and don't get to see too often I'd rather just play a boardgame.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.