[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Machine Civ Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
Turning on...
Processing...
<![CDATA[ RESTORE POWER CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE OK RESTORE CIVILIZATION LEGACY CORRUPTED
RESTORE SENSE OF SURVIVAL OK RESTORE GREATNESS NOTION OK RESTORE RESTORE CARRY OK TURN POWER]]>
The winds are slowly oxiding their metal shells, a glimpsy of energy sparkles throughout some machines systems. Awaken, at last, you take note of the vast rocky mountains, the furious snow, the sparse air and the low temperature around you. No further landscape information is taken. You feel other open entries, three more, mindless drones leave right from the snow, although they are a little rusty they still work enough. No master to take an order from, no direct order to follow from any superior being, one objective that seem to have unclear paths but a notable goal: to build a civilisation that will stand for everything
What to do?
>>
>Population: 3 drones, 1 Central Intelligence (C.I)
>Energy: 30.000/30.000 (-250/turn)
>Techs: Reverse technology
>Magic: none
>Resources: none
>Settlements: none
>>
(To make new drones you will need scrap metal and the technology to do so, using the reverse technology tech. Using it on random items and robots has a chance to release a new kind or 'breed' of robot that will have different costs and specialities)
>>
Cast fist on the mountain
>>
>>48089509
Send the drones to examine the mountainside for signs of useful resources.
>>
You send your drones to explore, they go on searching for anything that could be of any use. The heavy layer of snow makes their moves hard and hides any kinds of resources. You still decide to take your chances. As the day passes the snow stops and the slippery ice partially melts. Some broken machines are found left in the snow, they seem beyond repair, as the drones come back with your new resources you have a decision to make:
>Turn into scrap metal with energy loss
>Use reverse engineering (may loose the broken machines)
>Resources: 2 broken machines
>>
>>48090006
do reverse engineering on one of the machines
>>
>>48090006
Have one of the drones scrap one machine, while the other two drones work on reverse engineering the other machine.
>>
>>48090006
reverse engineer
(is this thread still alive?)
Can we get a description of our drones?
>>
File: images (8).jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>48090092
>>48090157
You send two of your drones to do the delicate job of reverse engineering, while the other one uses of his own energy to melt and bend the broken machine in pieces of scrap metal.
Broken Machine number one was in a pitiful state, it was covered in ice and rusted to the very core of it, missing a cable system and it looked like it had the lower part ripped off by something or someone. The machine could still had some use for reverse engineering, even though of it's current state...
Success!
It has an odd hand format, it seemed it was used to drill and mine when it worked at the time (new drone:driller)
The drone takes the machine, it starts to release a black steam, the energy is quickly lost as it overheats to dangerous levels. The scrap metal is obtained, through a bigger cost.
>+2 scrap metal -500 energy
The night cut through the skies and the snow comes, one more action until the end of the turn
>>48090285
Yeah, i was just busy at the time, the drones are humanoid, the driller is a drone with some driller hands and the C.I is just a box that needs to be moved by the drones, it just commands. Also, I like tips, I'm not really experienced with those threads and stuff
>>
Scout some more!
>>
>>48090448
Send a drone out to scout our surroundings.

>Also, I like tips, I'm not really experienced with those threads and stuff
A basic sense of what some of the units of measure mean would help. How much scrap metal does 2 scrap metal represent? Like, does that mean it's enough metal to build two new robots, or would it only be enough to refit a drone with drill arms?
>>
>>48090739
>>48090632
I think i will close the thread for now, boys, i havent done much and at the same time, there isnt much movement here today so... bye k?
>>
>>48090870
kbye
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.