[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most interesting take on Elves you've seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 20c.png (56 KB, 813x520) Image search: [Google]
20c.png
56 KB, 813x520
What's the most interesting take on Elves you've seen in any setting, custom-made or otherwise?
>>
File: The-Witcher-3-Eredin[1].jpg (162 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
The-Witcher-3-Eredin[1].jpg
162 KB, 1024x576
>>48088743
>Dress up in spooky skeleton armors to spook dumb humans
>Send incorporeal drone spooky skeleton ghosts when your navigator is too tired of dimension jumping
>No really theirkingdom is more or less generic disney elvish realm, but they dress up in edgy armor because fuck you that's why.
>>
>>48088743
40k orks
>>
>>48088743
i liked in Battle for Wesnoth where future-elves were desert dwelling, hunter-gathering nomads, basically living africanigger style and scraping together a hand-to-mouth existence. Also they had bolos
>>
>>48088801
Possibly inspired/influenced by Elfquest?
>>
>>48088801

>elves were desert dwelling, hunter-gathering nomads, basically living africanigger style and scraping together a hand-to-mouth existence. Also they had bolos

That sounds like the Elves from Dark Sun.
>>
>>48088743
The Inheritance elves.
The were absolutely retarded in every way, but it was certainly interesting.
All this modern science and they still can't figure out that Riders' swords are made from a fucking astroid.

Also, the most powerful sword in the universe is a mono-molecular sword made from plexiglass, and is so legendary that no one except the Mary Sue knows of its existence.
>>
File: bubba-ho-tep.jpg (196 KB, 1200x691) Image search: [Google]
bubba-ho-tep.jpg
196 KB, 1200x691
>>48088743

i read that as, "what is the most interesting take on Elvis you've seen in any setting"

runner-up is the movie 3000 miles to graceland
>>
>>48089150
Wesnoth is 13 year old yo
>>
File: King Balor.jpg (47 KB, 683x367) Image search: [Google]
King Balor.jpg
47 KB, 683x367
Hellboy 2's elves took a lot of the standard things, but I liked the aesthetic, the way they turned to stone when they died, and the life-link between the siblings. Also, it handled the idea of their fading culture being accepted by some, but raged against by others
>>
File: nuada and nuala.jpg (45 KB, 683x367) Image search: [Google]
nuada and nuala.jpg
45 KB, 683x367
>>48091630
>>
>>48091649
Those guys really gave me delf-vibes.
>>
In a current setting we're playing elves are, at the highest levels of society, evil as fuck. This isn't terribly new or novel but they have a few things going for them.
>Elves are ultimately artificial, they were created to serve as familiars to the powerful precursor race and they played a large part in the inevitable destruction of the powerful precursor race...mostly by selling out to a different powerful race then trying to sweep both once they were weakened and only barely succeeding
>With society in shambles they decided to pick up and fix everything in their own image
>Used precursor magic to make their own races
>Fucked it up horribly multiple times and this is where about a quarter of the dangerous monster races come from. Very specifically orcs (an extra dangerous form of them too, that can reproduce like Tolkin orcs from mud pits) came from their experiments
>The few races they didn't fuck up (half elves, wood elves) functioned as servant races until the wood elves rebelled and the half elves used the situation to negotiate a better lifestyle within elven society
>Elves are very active in the world but still small in number, they HEAVILY cultivate a benevolent elves image and hide most of their historical bullshit
>Your average elf is probably fine but the higher ups as well as a couple of secret police organizations are unambiguously evil
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.