[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If constraints on mtg deck construction were lifted, what single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 223x310
If constraints on mtg deck construction were lifted, what single card would you fill your deck with besides the necessary lands? You may answer for any format. No card is banned.
>>
>>48086336
Make a deck with 30 mox pearls, 30 shahrazad
>>
>>48086336
14 Strip Mines, 14 Mishra's Workshops, 16 Trinispheres, 6 Crucible of Worlds, 5 Smokestacks and 5 Lodestone Golems
>>
>>48086375
>No win condition
LAME!
>>
>>48086434
The win condition is to bring a week's worth of water and rations. Outlast the competition until they forfeit. And then forfeit again, and again, and again until they're back to the first layer of the game.
>>
Deck composed entirely of Chancellor of the Dross
>>
>>48086559
I didn't think there would be an objectively correct answer, but I think this is it.
>>
>>48086559
Losses to decks that have a Chancellor of the Dross in the starting hand then run actual cards.
>>
>>48086336
wheel of fortune, black lotus, lightning bolt
>>
>>48086559 >>48086586
You sideboard in swamps for the mirror.
>>
File: sound the call.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
sound the call.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>48086336
Could be fun
>>
>>48086586
That's actually a risky proposition, since you'll only survive their chancellors if you go first.

The true way to beat the Chancellor deck is something that can go off during your opponent's upkeep with Spirit Guides.
>>
File: Ookazi-5DS2-EN-C-1E.png (586 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
Ookazi-5DS2-EN-C-1E.png
586 KB, 400x580
>>48086336
20 of these bad boys
>>
>>48086852
The correct answer in Yugioh is 35 Pot of Greed and Exodia.
>>
The theoretical format known as "Super Unrestricted" has displayed that lands are not necessary.

The optimal deck looks something like
5 to 8 Leyline of Anticipation
12ish Force of Will
A debatable number of Black Lotus, start around twenty
Tenish Contract from Below
Several wishes, so you don't ante away your wincon
Some stifles
A couple Angel's Grace

Your wishboard should include some silver bullets based on your local meta, and several wincons. Tendrils of Agony and twin Urza's Rage are my favorites, but Disciple of the Vaults Faith's Return is pretty fun too.

Basically, it mulls until a leyline, a lotus, and a contract are in. Then it draws the whole deck (minus six cards going to an unreachable zone) and wishes for a way to kill you... during the initial upkeep.
Also, it protects itself very hard and kills your win.
>>
What about Duel Masters?
>>
>>48086336
20 Black Lotus
20 Lightning bolt
20 Ancestral Recall
>>
>>48086882
>In yugioh
Nah son this is limitless magic.
No cards banned.
>>
>>48087434
So what's stopping you from printing a card that says you win the game immediately with a legally binding contract that also says you get to fuck their sister?
>>
>>48087544
>No cards banned.
>No [existing] cards banned.
you absolute twit
>>
>>48087598
If the contention is that you could play Yugioh cards, what's the cutoff? If they have to be from other card games, you can just make your own card game including the "I win and I fuck your sister" card.

You have to define these things.
>>
File: Blast from the Past.full.jpg (185 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Blast from the Past.full.jpg
185 KB, 480x680
20 Black Lotus
20 Plague Rats
Now that's REAL Magic!
>>
>>48088014
When you pay Buyback on Flashbacked card, what happens?
>>
>>48088020
It gets exiled as it leaves the stack as per flashback rules. Buyback's scope is enclosed by Flashback's in these cases.

This article has a perfect answer.
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Buyback
>>
>>48088020
>Buyback [cost]” means “You may pay an additional [cost] as you cast this spell” and “If the buyback cost was paid, put this spell into its owner’s hand instead of into that player’s graveyard as it resolves.”

>“Flashback [cost]” means “You may cast this card from your graveyard by paying [cost] rather than paying its mana cost” and “If the flashback cost was paid, exile this card instead of putting it anywhere else any time it would leave the stack.”

It gets exiled.
>>
File: praise the sun.jpg (6 KB, 187x200) Image search: [Google]
praise the sun.jpg
6 KB, 187x200
>>48086336
20 Black Lotuses
20 Mana Screw
20 Titans
>>
>>48087157
>So you don't ante away your win con
Ante is almost certainly "inside the game"
>>
>>48087984
No, jackass. Because then if they win the coinflip they get to fuck YOUR sister.
>>
>>48088364
I think that's his point? So that if your wincon gets ante'd you can get it back via wish.
>>
>>48086559
So if the life gain aspect wasn't on the card and both players had a hand of 7, who's would resolve first? I'm guessing the guy going second because the other has priority first but I'm no judge.
>>
>>48088393
Just don't have a sister.
>>
>>48086586
If you're on the draw x7 Chancellor of the Dross always wins. Active Player puts their chancellor(s) on the stack first, then you put your seven chancellors of the stack. After the seventh one resolves they have -1 life and you win the game.
>>
2x black lotus
57x manamorphose
1x tormod's crypt

Or, if you want to actually win, replace the crypt with grapeshot.
>>
>>48086336
I would add Emerakul the aeons torn to my colorless Eldrazi EDH deck so I could have every copy of all the titans in one deck.
>>
>>48088405
You can't wish back ante.
>>
>>48088405
>>48091829
You get a wincon from your sideboard.
>>
>>48088903
Since they'd both trigger simulataneously the active player, in this case the person whose upkeep it is, will get to stack the triggers. Meaning they'd obviously have theirs resolve first, killing their opponent and winning them the game because the state based action would clear the stack once it confirms the player is dead. Two decks of nothing but Chancellors is literally a 50/50 matchup.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.