[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/whfg/- Warhammer Fantasy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 23
File: Lore-of-Metals.jpg (210 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Lore-of-Metals.jpg
210 KB, 600x900
Warhammer Fantasy General: Chamon Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread: >>48027825

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux (embed)
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk (embed)

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Rescued WHFRP 2e Fan Material (Please download and post any material you find not in this collection)
https://mega.nz/#F!apdlzArL!-j3HfTPkpJFu_tk9H0HQ_A
>>
File: Stirland_village.jpg (38 KB, 736x354) Image search: [Google]
Stirland_village.jpg
38 KB, 736x354
I want to run a WHFRP set in Stirland, since it seems like it's a good setting 'cause I'd be able to get the best of both the Empire and Sylvania going on. Spooky and rural, but not *too* spooky and rural.

Other than Heirs of Sigmar, are there any books with info on it? Like a lot of the armybooks for the Empire show a 'Blighted Towers' or some such on the maps in Stirland, but none of them, neither Heirs of Sigmar, say what the fuck that is.
>>
File: ogres.png (1 MB, 1010x1409) Image search: [Google]
ogres.png
1 MB, 1010x1409
>>48079186
we should have waited a bit more, I say, it's not like page number means shit with catalog and search function.
>>
Anyone have pdfs of Warpstone magazine? I found a torrent for most of them but it has no seeders.
>>
>>48079426
Yeah that's true. What's done is done now.
>>
>>48079511
You can delete it and wait another hour?
>>
>>48079511
sure, no big deal

>>48079544
what would change really?
>>
>>48079581
There'd be a thread where the first 10 comments aren't about how this one was started wayyyyy too early.

Plus there was still conversation ongoing in the previous one.
>>
>>48079648
New threads don't always cut off all conversation, it's fairly simple to continue it.
>>
Are there more locations like Mordheim in WHFB?

I'm looking for places to set a Mordheim-esque campaign, but I'm considering setting it in a different place.

However, the Mordheim map seems neat enough.
>>
>>48079748
Moussilon fits pretty well.
>>
>>48079748
Other anon mentioned Moussilon, which is a great choice. If you go up to Kislev, Praag might be a decent choice, since it's got some hefty corruption in it, even if I don't think it's as far gone as Mordheim or Mousilion, since people still seem to try to settle there.
>>
File: 124_large.jpg (214 KB, 599x900) Image search: [Google]
124_large.jpg
214 KB, 599x900
>>48079748
are you looking specifically for warpstone meteor'd places or will any place fucked up by eldritch forces work?
because on top of my mind, leaving apart the chaos wastes and looking for some exotic spot, I remember lustria having a pair of interesting ruins: one is the city of echoes that from time to time pops up a portal to chaos but even in calmer moments you can imagine there being, well, echoes, stuff like the roars of long passed wars battling ghosts removed from time and other warp anomalies (other lustrian results of the chaos invasion to take inspiration from are a battlefield where magically augmented superaggressive jungle grew on solified flames pillars or a crater caused by the explosion of a slann still inhabited by the small sun that is its still conflagrating soul); considering it is an abandoned city warbands could go there in search for treasures, daemonic pacts or more personal reasons.
>>
>>48079748
As well as Mousillon and Praag, you could also go something a bit more exotic, such as Arnheim (High Elf colony under contant siege by Dark Elfs and other evil doers.), a random Border Princes town, or Karak Eight Peaks.
>>
File: Map of Mordheim.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Map of Mordheim.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48080347

Looking for a place a whole lot of different factions or species would have reason to fight over. Might just fluff around it and make it someplace not WHFB at all, as I've been looking over Frostgrave and ASoBaH rules as well, so any kind of team can feel welcome.

It could be something akin to LotR's Moria that the warbands are fighting over, and the riches or resources contained within, or some other, stranger, ruin like Skyrim's Blackreach or The Forgotten Vale.

Maps and ruins and descriptions of wide and varied places are what I crave. As a skirmish campaign like Mordheim, I'd like to introduce quadrant-control as a mechanic, so team factions can start garnering influence and gathering resources from various locations. I can see a lot of potential in Mordheim because I can see the value a lot of factions place in it. Wood Elves could try for the Gardens and turn the city's captive woodland into an ally, while pious Sigmarite Priests would strive to seize their patron's cathedral, and undead would scrounge for graveyards from which to animate the dead heroes of old. And the bridge through the center would cause some fun fighting over that as a chokepoint, or teams could find sly ways around it.
>>
File: 22.png (2 MB, 1290x706) Image search: [Google]
22.png
2 MB, 1290x706
>>48080593
>Maps and ruins and descriptions of wide and varied places are what I crave.
I've got you covered

no, really, I don't, sorry.
>>
>>48079389
Hopeful signal boost to this post
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 600x620
Would you a HercuHeralarielle?
>>
File: ariel.png (884 KB, 784x1090) Image search: [Google]
ariel.png
884 KB, 784x1090
>>48080875
>not preferring the original yandere mothgirl
>>
File: Mousillon.jpg (285 KB, 2198x1698) Image search: [Google]
Mousillon.jpg
285 KB, 2198x1698
>>48080593
Mousillion only has a meh map as far as I've found that I think is questionably canon, but there's a lot to fight over - I could see Tilean or Estalian adventurers, Empire mercenaries, and of course a lot of Bretonnians, either questing or trying to clear out the renegade lords and knights. There's also probably a lot of draw for Necromancers.

>>48080875
Body is yes, face is meh. It's obviously a figure that's for posing on something bigger, not something on its own with emotion.
>>
File: ro.jpg (138 KB, 1200x587) Image search: [Google]
ro.jpg
138 KB, 1200x587
>>48081434
>yandere mothgirl
There's but one worthy.
>>
best adventure in WFRP?
>>
>>48080731
Which battleplan is that? Looks fun.
>>
>>48081909
I like Terror in Talabheim the most.
>>
>>48081909
Mine.

:^)
>>
>>48079389
I'm not sure, is there any info about Stirland in Night's Dark Masters or one of the vamp-related black library books?
>>
>>48079389
You might want to check out the Empire Army series from BL. I'm not sure if Stirland is in there because I got really bored of reading about Hochland. Iron Company was good, but going back to that backwards hick province in the very next book wasn't interesting to me.
>>
File: warsovpost_00001.jpg (1 MB, 1782x2627) Image search: [Google]
warsovpost_00001.jpg
1 MB, 1782x2627
How would you feel if I introduced psudo-communists into my WFRP campaign at some point? I really want to take my adventures to Kislev, and having read the Ambassador it has the right set up for an organization like that. The Imperial Ambassador, who has been to courts all over the Old World, said that the Winter Palace makes everyone else look like dog shit in comparison. This is a country that stands on the brink of destruction every Tuesday. While very patriotic, I imagine that the Kislivites still have a breaking point.
>>
>>48085651
I could see a collectivist movement forming in the wake of the Storm of Chaos. Maybe even out of Praag, which is home to dishonest shifty intelligensia, which you need.
>>
>>48081976
It's fluff
>>
>Many months ago
>"$40 Tomb Guard? I'll get them when I have more money"
>Have more money
>$100 Tomb Guard
>>
>>48086894
I know that feel. I can't get great cannons or knightly orders without shelling out big bucks online.
>>
>>48085651
Liber Fanatica's Enter New Perils/Perils of the Empire has a section about revolutionary organisations in Reikland that you could use.

http://www.liberfanatica.net/liber.fanaticaVII.pdf

You can also find it in the link at the bottom of the OP
>>
File: image.jpg (327 KB, 637x962) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327 KB, 637x962
>>48081548
>Not the best yandere cute mom moth goddess

#MothraSaves
>>
File: fuck this castle godzilla.gif (900 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
fuck this castle godzilla.gif
900 KB, 400x200
>>48087386
Well fuck me, I completely forgot about Mothra.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 550x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 550x825
>>48087505
One must never forget Mothra, the lost Chaos God of Law.
>>
>>48079186
noob here
which edition is this
>>
>>48087567
Chamon edition.
>>
>>48087580
thanks
most of the links have edition numbers. do thay matter
>>
File: godzilla final wars.jpg (750 KB, 1280x991) Image search: [Google]
godzilla final wars.jpg
750 KB, 1280x991
>>48087555
Nothing an unhealthy doze of cavinton won't fix.
>>
>>48087585
Oh, you mean editions of the game? like 7th, 8th etc?
>>
>>48087597
yes for the core rule book
sorry for not being clear
>>
>>48087604
It's fine, my mistake too.

The last full edition for WHFB was 8th, with a bunch of extra rules coming in for the End Times. People here talk about the unofficial 9th edition rules that was made by fans.
>>
File: image.jpg (731 KB, 1225x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
731 KB, 1225x1920
>>48087594
Mothra is interesting because her main power is "cannot die, is automaticallh resurrected within an hour" and Hydra-like splitting of herself as larva.

In theory, the Chaos Gods could not ever beat her.
>>
>>48087627
thanks
also the core rule book is that 8th edition?
are the different editions compatible with each other?
>>
>>48087637
In practice though GW will find a way. Well, not for the Chaos Gods, but their champion is ever ready to lay down the law. I mean chaos.
>>
>>48087637
That would be perfect for them. A war that could never end. If Chaos kills everything, Chaos dies.
>>
File: Warhammer Rulebook.jpg (35 KB, 444x319) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer Rulebook.jpg
35 KB, 444x319
>>48087645
pic related is the most recent core rulebook, which yeah is 8th edition.

All the editions are somewhat compatible, but require quite a bit of homebrew balancing to get right, not something that'll be accepted in professional gaming clubs or whatever.
>>
>>48087682
thanks
>>
>>48079748
Border Princes if full of the places as this one,you also have that abandoned vampire city there.
Lustria is also full of places like this
If you want some ayylmao tech/magic you can go with Drachenfelts
>>
File: mfw the wood starts kicking in.png (800 KB, 576x860) Image search: [Google]
mfw the wood starts kicking in.png
800 KB, 576x860
>>48083864
late to the party, but I'd be interested

>>48077531
>>48077665
>Yeah sure, go for it.

>TREE-REVENANTS
>unit size: 3-20; special choice; 25ppm
>M5 WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I5 A1 LD9
>the unit champion (protector) has 2 attacks instead
>special rules: always strike first, forest spirits, fear, scaly skin (6+), memories of war, waywalkers
>memories of war: these spirited beings are in constant contact with the souls protected in death by the forest and can their experiences as their own; during any turn, the unit can reroll up to a number of rolls equal to the size of the unit at the beginning of the turn (for example, if the unit has 10 models at the start of a turn, it can reroll up to 10 dice rolls during the turn), these dice can be used to reroll to hit rolls, to wound rolls, armour saves, ward saves or characteristics tests like iniziative or leadership for the purpose of morale.
>waywalkers: tree-revenants are as much ghosts as they are living beings and can move in both worlds at will; during the movement phase, if the unit hasn't declared charges, instead of moving normally, the unit can acquire the ethereal special rule and move up to 15" for that sub-phase.
>equipment: enchanted blades

>options:
>champion 10pts
>the champion can have a magical item up to 25pts
>music 10pts
>standard 10pts
>the standard bearer can have a magical banner up to 50pts
>any model can choose to replace his enchanted blades for an enchanted glaive for free

>enchanted blades: range-combat/str-user/magical attacks, pair of weapons, armour piercing
>enchanted glaive: range-combat/str+1/,magical attacks, two-handed, armour piercing
>>
Is warhammerfluffsource a reputable site?
>>
File: sprites cavalry.png (274 KB, 452x497) Image search: [Google]
sprites cavalry.png
274 KB, 452x497
>>48087985
>the souls of the elves have always been favored by those beings that feed on such essences, among all the infamous slaanesh; while the asur make use of waystones to guide the dead away from the attentions of malevolent beings, many asrai give themselves to Athel Loren, communing with the consciousnesses forming the spirit of the forest as ghosts held from slipping to the underworld by a net of roots; in exchange of this protection, Athel Loren expects the asrai to help guard the forests even in death, molding for these warrior spirits new bodies made of living wood and giving them access to the vast resources of experiences shared by all the souls that have gathered behind this sacred canopy. the revenants appear as silent and evanescent beings to living creature, as they are allowed to move between the veils that make the mortal and the immortal realms; it is said that for the spirits of the dead, past present and future events blur together as time is percepted differently beyond the boundaries of mortality, if this is true they don't confirm, nor deny, some suggesting that speaking even a single word about the fate of events still unfolding may spell doom if heard by the wrong ears.
>a strange and quite unsettling fact about the revenants, is that while the most are recognized as spirits of long dead elves, others resemble people that are still alive and well, leading to rumors that the person in question will die shortly after the encounter or, the more disturbing of the options, that the forest claim the souls of the asrai without their notice while they still live; the clarifications of those elves that better know the arcane workings of the forest are even more confusing, with interpretations suggesting that the forest does not simply use the souls it receives, but that separate raw soulstuff is shaped after the experiences of the souls it takes to make new spirits; this doesn't answer from where said soulstuff comes...
>>
File: threetreemen.jpg (583 KB, 556x792) Image search: [Google]
threetreemen.jpg
583 KB, 556x792
>>48088105
>SPITEFUL REVENANTS
>of the many spirits that inhabit under the branches of the fey forest, no other kind better represents the dark savagery of the hidden places than these beings, hateful of intruders and wary even of the elven allies of athel loren after thousands of years of coexistence.
>unit size: 3-20; special choice; 25ppm
>M5 WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I5 A2 LD8
>the champion (shadestalker) has 3 attacks instead
>forest spirits, terror, hatred, fury, scaly skin (6+), forest stalker, flammable, whispers in the dark
>whispers in the dark: all enemy units within 6" of a forest that is within 6" of an unit of spiteful revenants suffer of the following effects:
>they treat all units as having the fear special rule
>they treat units with the fear special rule as having terror instead
>they roll an additional dice and discard the lowest result when taking fear or terror tests caused by models with the terror special rule
>>
File: alas poor yorick.png (190 KB, 372x495) Image search: [Google]
alas poor yorick.png
190 KB, 372x495
>>48088198
will continue sometime later with branchwitch, dryadnought and the forest spirit greater daemoness on rhino beetle
>>
>>48079186
I've updated the MEGA of the WHFRP 2e Fan Material. Decided to go back to each source and add all the adventures, I've also added lots of maps as well as all the content in the pastebin WHFRP fan mediafire folder. Finally I've renamed all the pdf files to be much clearer about what they are.
>>
>>48076395
Cheers anon, disappointing that such amazing works aren't available in English. Might try and get any rules translated to the best of my abilities, just so it's available.
>>
File: slann mage priest.jpg (1 MB, 1536x1947) Image search: [Google]
slann mage priest.jpg
1 MB, 1536x1947
>>48088303
Godspeed, anon
>>
>>48079389
I got you mane. Just get sigmars heirs, goes into depth about every province. Its 2nd edition wfrp though.
>>
>>48085651
I think a French revolution style event in Bretonnia is more likely.
>>
>>48088660
It's possible, though in my (and my friend's) 'canon' Bretonnia is a bit less extreme when it comes to peasants, treatment of them and taxation. It could still happen, but it isn't as likely as a 90% tax would make it. Our campaigns have progressed to 2540 I.C. and I have yet to start the Bretonnian/Mousillon civil war yet, but if that happens then a lowborn revolution could still pop up at some point.
>>
>>48088660
What would such an event offer to make the new state interestingly different from other human nations?
would not-napoleon be a possible special character?
>>
>>48088660
it's a bit harder to do that when they actually have magical blessings and superpowers

and all it would really end up doing is creating a weird empire 2.0
>>
>>48088303
Added even more stuff from the Strike-to-stun forum and Winds of Chaos, including a massive dump of stuff from a user who saved dead stuff to his harddrive (Grognard). Also added a contact email in case I miss anything.

>>48088594
Cheers.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.