[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I fucked up /tg/ and I need your help >Be me >Be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: necromancer_familiar.jpg (513 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
necromancer_familiar.jpg
513 KB, 1400x933
I think I fucked up /tg/ and I need your help

>Be me
>Be a neutral (secretly) evil mage with disguised wooden golem minion
>Be send on a mission to a distant isle, the nearest port is a few days on horse
>The party finds a group of merchants who have been attacked by a band of bandit orcs in a nearest forest
>Accept to help them and free the ones that the orcs took
>Find the orc hideout
>Start exploring the dungeon, kill orcs and hobgoblins with ease in their rooms
>Suddenly the party splits
>Our group gets ambushed
>Paladin lays in the ground being beaten to death and elf begs for help
>Start hearing more footsteps of more orcs and hobgoblins
>Just got the golem minion the last session and be low both in hp and in potions
>imoutofhere.jpg
>Runs and try to search for the other half of the party
>See even more orcs and a few ogres flooding the path that the other group had took and hear a dying screams from one of the party members
>Left the cave and go to the port without the party thinking that they're dead
>They somehow manage to survive even after almost killing themselves
>Now the players are mad at me and want a excuse to kill my character

What should I do to stop them from kicking out my character from the party or try to kill him?

One of the characters in the surviving is Lawful Good, what could I do to make peace with them?
>>
>>48076948
If they're looking for an excuse to kill you, then get the DM to veto it because OOC is not to be brought IC, and that it's just a game.
>>
>>48076948
>now the players are mad at me
Remind them that metagaming is immature
>>
File: YdM.png (89 KB, 482x315) Image search: [Google]
YdM.png
89 KB, 482x315
>>48076948
>Suddenly the party splits
>the party splits
>>
File: s3nurhV.jpg (36 KB, 564x560) Image search: [Google]
s3nurhV.jpg
36 KB, 564x560
>>48076948
That sounds like a really good game story. Try to make this seem like an opportunity for more plot arcs, and even make a possible campaign out of it. Try and talk to your DM and other players to work out something.
>>
>>48076989
>>48077077
He already warned them about that, but since I 'abandoned' them, they're now searching for me and the DM isn't against they firing me from their party since I abandoned them, I don't really know how I could argue to the characters that I didn't did anything wrong by leaving the party.

>>48077085
I was against it, but we were so above the orcs that only another player seemed to care about splitting the party.
>>
>>48076948
>>Be [...] evil
you deserved it
>>
>>48077126
>I was against it, but we were so above the orcs that only another player seemed to care about splitting the party.
Well then you have your chance right here. Remind then of the fact that you were against this plan since the beginning, try to get the other guy who was opposed to it on your side, explain that you tried to get the rest of the party to come help but ran into more enemies and had no other option besides running away.
>>
>>48077266
>try to get the other guy who was opposed to it on your side
He is dead, anon.
>>
>>48077351
Well, that kinda of adds weight to your argument in it's own way...
>>
>>48077372
I thought about the same argument, but it seems kinda weak on its own.

Maybe I could renounce to my part of the reward from the mission (with we already took a part) in order to show my good will?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.