[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: bestgeneral2.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
bestgeneral2.png
1 MB, 1024x768
CAPTAIN CATACHAN edition

> Codexes
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
File: 40kgeneralbingo.png (218 KB, 1200x1400) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneralbingo.png
218 KB, 1200x1400
This thread needs bingo!
>>
>>48075205
Asking again here:
>>48075206
>>
>>48075006 #
>Well that'd bloody obvious, isn't it? Think of your family who has to pay for the damages, you inconsiderate bastard.

And it's unavoidable as you can't run into battle skyclad without getting shot, poisoned, irradiated or worse.

I have a feeling that the Imperium doesn't send out notifications of death, but bills for damaged, destroyed and lost equipment instead.

Your family is turbo-fucked if you happen to crew a tank or fly a Valkryie.
>>
>>48075231
You just need to buy a single attack bike from GW, and put the Cataphractii captain on the attack bike. He also needs a thunder hammer, which you can probably obtain from your GW's Bit Box.
>>
Can you Anons make a good command squad with Colonel "Iron Hand" Straken?
>>
>>48075242
Cataphrachii terminators can go on bikes?
>>
>>48075252
Yes. Read Angels of Death. Essentially what it is is that Cataphractii Captains(just the captain sadly), can take Special Issue Wargear. As well, Cataphractii Armour's rules does not say it counts as terminator armour for the purposes of wargear, only formations and transport capacity. Therefore a Cataphractii Captain can take a bike or a Jump Pack.
>>
>>48075252

RAW, yes.
RAI, no.
So good luck trying to get a pickup game with this approach to the rules.
>>
File: 1465688576679.jpg (22 KB, 572x511) Image search: [Google]
1465688576679.jpg
22 KB, 572x511
Anyone else suffer from thinking all the armies are cool and can't pick one?

I think psykers are cool and don't really like anything Imperium
>>
File: Captcha_28766b_5899824mobile.jpg (14 KB, 340x421) Image search: [Google]
Captcha_28766b_5899824mobile.jpg
14 KB, 340x421
>>48075283
>don't really like anything Imperium

Fucking race traitor.
>>
>>48075283
This is mainly why I never started Fantasy, I like most of the armies so I decided to just get some minis I liked and settle for 40k. But that's ok since I disliked the setting and rules in general of fantasy.
>>
I'm still stuck deciding wether to go IG or Renegades. Fuuuuuuu.....

What would you do? Also I'm aiming for a fun list and either allying with daemons or power armour.
>>
>>48075323
I had the same problem with fantasy. I ended up going with Lizardmen, cause who doesn't like dinosaurs?

As for 40k, there is less variation. Space Marines are, well, Space Marines. The new BA's are awesome though. Eldar are OK. Imperial Guard are great due to unit variation. Forge World does some sexy models.
>>
>>48075280
only by the most twisted munchiny interpretation of RAW.
Good luck finding a tournament that lets you play that either.
>>
>>48075397
renegades are cool because you can customize them a lot, instead of just having boring starship troopers
>>
File: Noise_marine_1.png (1 MB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Noise_marine_1.png
1 MB, 600x800
>>48075283
Not really.

The instant i meet my faction and learn its lore, I knew that was my thing.

I like a lot of factions, but I love mine.
>>
>>48075232
Tanks and valkyries are not personal equipment, though.
>>
>>48075252
Of course not.

If you think that they can, then you are part of the cancer that ruined the game in the years.
>>
>>48075435
Mhm. In 40k there's only 2 races i liked and a subfaction. Necrons, Tau and the Thousand Sons legion. The rest are ok but not nowhere near enticing enough to ever field or even collect.

But fantasy, man.. you like Arthurian Knights and legends, egyptian skellingtons (I use some of the Tomb Kings range for TS), Sneaky vile were-rats and abominations, giant aztec dinosaurs, marauding beefy viking motherfuckers, castlevania-tier badass vampire monstrosities like vargheists and varghulfs? Fantasy's got so much cool fucking shit in terms of races and models.
>>
>>48075471
I was that way when I started reading the lore and found out about Tyranids, but upon hearing about how bad they are I feel reluctant to blow money on them if they're just gonna look nice.
>>
>>48075477
They're signed over to the person who commands them (tanks) or pilots them (valks and other flyers). It's pretty common to sign over equipment like that in the military. When I was in I had signed for a couple of HMMVWs and had $15kUSD in personal equipment. I can't imagine the IG doesn't do the same.
>>
So how many paints baseline is necessary for an okay job?
>>
>>48075506
I play Sisters because I love the Exorcist tank so much it sold me on the army as a whole. I like DE models so much I'm starting an army of them despite them being bottom tier trash according to the internet (they might fare better in my local meta, who knows).

Play something because you like it and want to have fun with it, not because the internet tells you to. Regardless of what you start with initially you'll lose a lot anyways, so might as well lose with something you like until you get good enough to win with it.
>>
>>48075519
Of course they're issued to their operators, but usually the Guard rules are far stricter in terms of personal equipment over merely issued ones.
>>
>>48075533
Depends on the paintscheme and what level of detail you're aiming for.

Bare minimum for a 3 color scheme job would be about 6: 3 base colors, and 3 colors you actually want to use to paint over those base colors (unless one of them is black, then you only need 5).
>>
>>48075506
I play Mono-God CSM.
I'm the definition of bad on the table.

But I love my army and I don't care.
They're awesome, and I'm gonna buy, paint and play them no matter what.

My dudes are so awesome every game is a moral victory.
>>
>>48075575
Spoken like a true man
>>
>>48075575
>But I love my army and I don't care.
>They're awesome, and I'm gonna buy, paint and play them no matter what.
>My dudes are so awesome every game is a moral victory.
And that, is the only true way to play the game. Everyone enjoys playing against someone who truly loves their army and is passionate about it (plus painted armies are the fucking awesome) over playing someone who just cycles through armies like a Sororitas Order going through tampons during their period.
>>
>>48075641
>like a Sororitas Order going through tampons during their period
It depends on the brand and the Order.
>>
>>48075575
inspiring, i think i'll pull my 1k sons out of storage for a few games now
>>
>>48075689
Bloody Rose using the generic brand tampons.
>>
>>48075575
>>48075604
>>48075641
>>48075694
I play pure 1k sons CSM myself but honestly, they are just not fun to play.

I love the army, I have converted, kitbashed, fluffed, painted and based most and I don't care if I lose (In fact I win a lot with them in my meta, no WAACfags) but they just aren't fun to play. Before the cabal, I couldn't even field a good amount of sorcerers, now I'm paying a premium for the privilege of being fluffy and cutting out so much shit I have already to field them. So not only do I get to do nothing but walk forwards and shoot and now, finally, cast a few spells, but I'm leaving half my legion at home because everything's so expensive.
>>
>>48075718
I think they go through those quickly. I have a feeling that Valerous Heart doesn't use any, but what brand would Argent Shroud use?
>>
>>48075730
I played without any God specific units (just haven't gotten the models, autism won't let myself play proxies) and I get what you are saying. I love pairing with daemons when my games get stale, although that's better for higher point games
>>
Can someone explain how void shields work? They're not in the core rulebook and I can't seem to find them online.
>>
>>48075879
It's an AV12 shield that comes back on a roll of 5+ at the beginning of your turn.
>>
>>48075911
If it doesn't come back the first time, is it gone forever? Or do I get to keep rolling?
>>
>>48075397
Just go with Imperial Militia and Cults. It's a 30k army list that's better than renegades and highly customizable.
>>
>>48075879
Each void shield is AV12. Glancing/Penetrating hit from shooting attacks causes it to collapse. When all shields are depleted, the target itself takes damage normally. At the beginning of your next turn, roll a D6 for each shield that's down and on a 5+ it comes back online.

The rule can be found in the Escalation and Stronghold Assault books.
>>
File: Inquisition_Logo.jpg (82 KB, 505x599) Image search: [Google]
Inquisition_Logo.jpg
82 KB, 505x599
Looking to build a small Inquisition force. Does anyone have and good ideas for models to use as acolytes armed with bolters? I might build some using various bits like Victoria Miniatures. Also general advice on how to run Inquisition would be nice.
>>
>>48075919
Yes, you can keep rolling every turn, as long as there's shields that are down.
>>
>>48075919
You get to roll for all of the missing ones every turn. Also, they eat a hit entirely. So if you get shot with a weapon that fires two shots and both roll 12 to pen you lose two shields, but if you get shot by something that pens once and then does d3 hull points (like a D weapon or turbo-penetrator rounds), you only lose one void shield.
>>
>>48075575
here's the thing dude, i get where you're coming from but getting your ass handed to you in a competitive game (competitive meaning pvp) over and over because my guys suck is just not fun no matter how cool they are in my head
>>
>>48075853
the legion-specific units make all the difference. My rubrics are the backbone of my army, I love them to death but unfortunately they cost me 484 points base, without transports or anything for the leader. My mandatory Sorc HQ is another 130 and the cabal is another 500. Bare minimum to even be considered a 1k sons theme costs me 1.1K points.

I love them, truly, but they are simply not fun to play. I don't care if they remain shit, but if we get some choices and shit to do, I'll play these till the sun explodes.
>>
>>48075940
Cultists with different heads and the chaos icons filed off?
>>
>>48075970
I can't confirm, but I've heard rumors of Tzeentch deamon kin. It's the reason I'm holding off on buying God specific units. Could of course be wishful thinking, so take it with a large grain of salt.
>>
File: lip bite.png (111 KB, 542x218) Image search: [Google]
lip bite.png
111 KB, 542x218
>>48075956
>It negates an entire D hit
>>
>>48075940
I use Dark Vengenace cultists as my bolter dudes.

Make sure you only take one psyker per elites slot since they're BoP and you only get a warp charge for the first guy in each slot.

Don't give your acolytes anything more than bolters or maybe flamers, they're pretty bad with BS 3.

Fun units:

DCAs protected by Crusaders. Mix Arco Flagellants and Daemonhosts to taste, but personally I don't run either.

5 Jokaero in a Chimera spitting out HF templates

2-3 Jokaero getting Prescience rerolls on lascannons from a psyker

Conversion Beamer/Hellrifle Inquisitors, with Plasma Cannon servitors on the side if you want. Make sure to bring a Crusader for a 15 point 3+ invuln.

Deep Striking Scions guided by Servo Skulls to represent your storm troopers
>>
>>48075996
I know those lips.
>>
>>48075996
Would be bit of a shit if it didn't. The thing's suppose to protect titans from orbital barrages, etc.
>>
>>48076017
Source then plz.
>>
>>48076017
You said that just InCase somebody didn't?
>>
>>48075993
I can't speak for Tzeentch Daemonkin as that rumour has been coming and going for like a year now but I know Tzeentch is getting some form of love later on this year probably with the second Wulfen book and next year will be 8th Edition, a CSM codex update and lots of chaos focus. I'd hold out on buying legion-specific unit in case we get dope plastic rubrics.
>>
>>48076044
>>
File: Revolver Ocelot.png (7 MB, 3072x1480) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Ocelot.png
7 MB, 3072x1480
>>
>>48076066
>next year will be 8th Edition,

?
>>
File: Grievous is unamused.jpg (56 KB, 450x333) Image search: [Google]
Grievous is unamused.jpg
56 KB, 450x333
>>48076166
Too clean for me.
>>
>>48076187
Next year is 40k's 30th anniversary and all but confirmed by the most trusted rumour guys, those who are basically never wrong. The Hour of Chaos will be upon us.
>>
File: The Boss plays soccer.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
The Boss plays soccer.gif
2 MB, 400x225
So what human planets are the ones being fucked up by Tyranids the most? Fucked up but not abandoned, just constantly being defended piling up corpses from both ends endlessly.
>>
>>48075762
Argent Shroud uses pads with silver threads woven in.
>>
>>48075996
Art looks familiar. Sauce?
>>
File: tyranid-paranoia.jpg (53 KB, 485x206) Image search: [Google]
tyranid-paranoia.jpg
53 KB, 485x206
>>48076237
Catachans.
>>
>>48076044
InCase is awesome. I prefer lesbians and yuri for my schlick material but her stuff overrides that and I end up enjoyong her futa stuff.
>>
>>48076235
If they pull the same garbage they did with Age of Sigmar, I'm burning down a GW store.
>>
>>48076306
At this point I haven't had any sort of GW scene in my area for months. Either they fuck it up and nothing changes, or they fix something that makes locals comfortable playing again. In short this can only be a positive change for all the people who vaguely want to play 40k but the rules are too retarded.

If they REALLY fuck up then we might see a complete fan edition like the 9th Age or something.
>>
>>48076351
Meh, AoS is structurally sound, especially now that it has points values. 40k would be fine under such a system as long as it gets the free rules datasheets too.
>>
>>48076351
Plenty of games in my region, and I like the complexity. I remember how 40k was in the 90s with its charts, tables, and variety. They dumped most of it and increased army sizes to sell more models.

Extra stuff like fliers and planetstrike built up over the 2000s, but were haphazard. Unifying buildings/bastions, superheavies, fliers altogether in basic rules is awesome. More variety of models and fewer rules required. Brought me back to the game after 10 years of absence. That and the renaissance of old lore. (Aside, I called them on the phone circa 1996 and told them they should have Horus Heresy rules, and they said balancing the superhuman primarchs would be too hard.)

But now people are apparently complaining it's too complicated? I don't want my game turned into paste eater kiddie nonsense.
>>
Doing a 200pt kill team doubles thing tonight with the Black Library rules. How bad will I get spanked with pure Ork Bikers?
>>
>>48076444
Streamlining won't make it paste eater levels of stupid but instead put the focus on tactics over rules loophole exploits.

Simple to learn but hard to master is what a good wargame should be and I'd welcome a 40k like that.
>>
>>48076444
Well, if you play CSM or Daemons now, you should be more than enough familitar with charts. So it's not like that's gone. Besides, a lot of games in the old days had charts.

>But now people are apparently complaining it's too complicated?

Well, when you have new supplements and formations with special rules getting released every other week, and the FOC is a joke, it's a bit of a mess really.
>>
File: Catachan_Male_Trooper.jpg (200 KB, 535x1245) Image search: [Google]
Catachan_Male_Trooper.jpg
200 KB, 535x1245
>>48076237
The Devils aren't so bad compared to the rest of this Tyrannoformed hole they call home.
>>
Does anyone have the Space Marine Start Collecting formation?
I just realized I have an overabundance of Terminator Captains
>>
what changes to the core rules would GW make in 8th if they wanted to make the best game ever?
>>
What's better for a Blood Angels captain, Valour's Edge or a Relic Blade?
>>
>>48076444
Not the same anon, but I think current 40k sometimes gets described as complex when what it really is is bloated. There's a huge number of special rules to remember/look up, formations and detachments spread across campaign books and other supplements, and so on. And yet a lot of interactions in the game are relatively simplified, for example vehicle damage is just a straight chart rather than working out where the shot hit and what it did to that component.
>>
>>48076569
buff combat and make av hardier
>>
>>48076497
If keeping a combined arms game, then I generally agree. But the variety of armies and units types requires a variety of special rules. Getting rid of too many will damage the diversity of the game and (worse from a business pespective) ruin people's armies. No one wants to put $500 into a miniatures force only to see it rendered illegal or obsolete.

A new edition should be tweaks, not an overhaul. But if it's only tweaks, why need a new edition? Consolidation of FAQs, like I've seen suggested?
>>
>>48076569
Reduce the BS table across the board, say shift it one column across (with a buff for orks and anything else BS2, before the orkbros all jump on me). It's too easy to hit now, too much stuff hits on a 3+ or better, when back when they had BS penalties for cover etc. 3+ was where a good marksmen started from before penalties were applied.
>>
>>48076599
Sometimes an overhaul is a good idea (Rogue Trader to 2nd Ed, 2nd Ed to 3rd).
>>
>>48076577
>formations and detachments spread across campaign books and other supplements

But unless these are actively used in your game, they're irrelevant. No one has to use them, and if no one does they don't matter. They're options that fit into existing rules, not true bloat.

TSRs Player Options rules expansions were bloat. God damn... they broke everything.
>>
>Warhammer 40k turns 30 years old next year. The new edition is due. The clock will be taken from 5 minutes to midnight to 1 minute to midnight with the return of the Daemonprimarchs - or will they return alone? This is the theme of the new setting - think along the lines of 13th Black Crusade - but this time, it's serious. They want to get the same excitement as the community had during the End Times - without actually going as far as Age of Sigmar did.

>Chaos fans - this is your hour. Stop beeing grudgy, there will be lots of love for all of you - renegades, former legions, daemon lovers.

ARE YOU READY FOR

EMPRAH
>>
>>48076572
What are you attacking with him
Marines- Valour's Edge
Anything without 2+- Relic Blade
>>
>>48076755
Natfka has a claim that it'll drop Sep '17.

If true it'll line up with the release of Rogue Trader 30 years ago.
>>
>>48076237
Damn who is that stone cold bitch
>>
>>48076569
Derandomize charge distance, make it 6 or 12 inches STANDARD
Remove restrictions from charging out of reserves
Make vehicles more durable. No rolling on the damage chart unless the weapon is AP3 or better, and shift all results up by one (so explodes is now on an 8, immobilized on a 7), a roll of 1 always means "downgrade to glancing hit"
>>
>>48076572
Thunderhammer/powerfist and a stormshield if you plan on having him dance with the big boys. Otherwise, relic blade.
>>
>>48076842
>charges are now 12"
>can charge out of reserves

congrats you just handed the game daemons and marines
>>
>>48075542
I win mist my games on points with my de, they miss out on the cheese but can play well regardles. Have great mc weapons as base and some great anti tank options to boot.
>>
>>48076949
Okay everyone, go ahead and mark off "Orks are a strong codex, I win with them all the time" on your bingo boards.
>>
>>48076755
No pls, i just started this hobby...
>>
>>48076569

>Add reaction shots
>Remove snapshots
>Nerf psychic powers
>Remove summoning
>Bring the truckloads of wargear back from 3rd edition
>Add in a couple more detachments alongside CAD that every faction can use
>New vehicle damage chart: Add the amount you beat the vehicles AV by to the vehicle damage table
>Give snipers pinning.
>>
File: 20160702_133424-1600x1200.jpg (447 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160702_133424-1600x1200.jpg
447 KB, 1600x1200
Send help
>>
>>48077058
Orks are a strong codex though, I win with the all the time vs. Deldar and Tyranids.
>>
>>48076842
>Derandomize charge distance, make it 6 or 12 inches STANDARD
4+I"
>>
I wish there was a game store nearer than 2 hours away. There used to be a game store just a few miles away, but they had a hard time getting enough people to come by regularly (lots of people in the area, but almost no /tg/ people) so they closed this year...

Years ago there was also a store sort of near where I now work, but it was broken into three times, losing many thousands of dollars of merchandise, so they closed down too.

Going to the nearest GW store and back would pretty much be an all-day thing for me.

The city I live in has nearly a million people, why do none of them play traditional games???
>>
>>48076842
>Derandomize charge distance, make it 6 or 12 inches STANDARD

Yep, just fuck over 50% of armies because they are guaranteed to be steamrolled by 12" charges. And while we are at it, lets make more melee units suffer and make it so they can only charge 6 inches. That way the 12 inch charging melee guys can just move out of the way slightly and then return so that they can get the bonus for charging.

>>48077113
>4+I"
This actually isn't too bad of an idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>48077102

Lone Vostroyan Sergeant + lowly scrubs are on their way!
>>
>>48077125
>The city I live in has nearly a million people, why do none of them play traditional games???

They probably do, you just aren't looking in the right places. Many people before gamestores were popularized ran their tabletop games at home. Ontop of their tables.

Search online in you area for groups looking for players for rpg. Get together with some people and build a table between you people and host Warhammer Wednesday at a house.
>>
>>48077102
I didn't even notice that there was a sororita in the picture at first.

sounds like your gaming group needs a "all models have Hatred (unpainted models) and Preferred Enemy (unpainted models)" rull
>>
recommendations for models to put in a tzeentch heavy daemons list 1500pts? i think i definitely want a fateweaver, loc, and probably 2 soul grinders. not sure about footsloggers though
>>
>>48077125
What city bro sounds harsh
>>
>>48077200

You forgot to factor in unpainted models have Feel No Paint.
>>
>>48076569
No amount of rules will make the game better, it could be slightly more tightly written that´s all. In the end the game is going to be broken unless 100+ tests are made by hardcore gamers before each codex and supplement release.
>>
>>48077169
They shall be my newest warriors, these figures who give of themselves to me. Like plastic I shall de-mold line them, and in the basement of war glue them. They will be of resin will and greenstuff muscle. In great monopose armour shall I clad them and with the most basic loadout of guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by thinned paint or good bases, no safe case will carry them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that most foe can out cheese them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Tourneys. They are the Defenders of Shelf Space. They are my Primed Marines and they shall know no paint.
>>
>>48077201
You could do the dirty dirty with the discs and screamers and then fill whatever you have left with horrors and heralds.
>>
>>48077201
Field only psykers, roll on demonic summoning, have all the demon modes you have nearby, huddle into a corner and shit out demons at mach 5
>>
>>48077263
It isnt a black and white issue. The game has plenty of room for improvement.
>>
File: 1463364397220.jpg (49 KB, 600x708) Image search: [Google]
1463364397220.jpg
49 KB, 600x708
>>48077200
>"all models have Hatred (unpainted models) and Preferred Enemy (unpainted models)

now you're just being silly, no way someone would actually do that offline.
>>
>>48076569
Make monstrous creatures, artillery, and super heavies not be 100% efficient until they lose all hull points or wounds.

Vehicle damage chart shouldn't be as punishing, shaken can affect movement on some low rolls instead of snap shots only.
>>
File: IMG_20160702_121948.jpg (943 KB, 2608x1960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160702_121948.jpg
943 KB, 2608x1960
>>48077102
Rally, Sisters! The Order of the I'm Not Spending Money On Ugly Decades Old Sculpts will not abandon our sister in her time of need!
>>
>>48076569
rework the assault phase entirely
>>
>>48077359
I really don´t think so, I honestly think the game is close to perfect. You could argue that variable movement distances is wacky, which is true, but I also believe that it is somewhat necessary to make the game fun and interesting. You could certainly make the game more chess like, but that would also make it harder to get into.

Like Starcraft or chess for example are both games which you´ll lose 100% of your first 1000 games against a top of the line player. In 40k you always have that small chance of winning and I think there is something to be said about that.

I guess some comeback mechanisms would be great. But you can implement that through missions.

Making monsters lose arms and legs would be fun , in that way I´m in the opposite camp of people who want vehicles to become more like MCs. The whole 0/1 state of MCs and in a much bigger way GMCs and SH vehicles is somewhat toxic in that you either have 400 pts of firepower or you don´t. As a fandex writer it would certainly be more easy for me to balance big things if GMCs didn´t become stronger the bigger part of your army they take up because people often can´t deal with certain things at certain points levels. But again this can be somewhat mitigated by missions saying that GMCs and SHVs must start the game in reserves.
>>
File: IMG_20160702_132149.jpg (427 KB, 1404x2212) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160702_132149.jpg
427 KB, 1404x2212
Kitbashed me an Archon out of the start collecting box set.
>>
File: when u see the lads on tg.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
when u see the lads on tg.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>48077541
>game is close to perfect
>comparing to starcraft and chess
>>
>>48077549
I'd fuck her.
>>
>>48077549
the drawing was made by a terrified guardsmen.
It looks like an Archon...
with boobs.
>>
>>48077475
Dude saint Celestine can kill any but dedicated close combat units and can ressurect
>>
File: cartel.jpg (48 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
cartel.jpg
48 KB, 600x399
Are there landmindes in 40? If not, what rules should they have?
>>
>>48077541
I wish i was good at rts games. I always peak as the best economic force but switching over to the warforce and managing units always led to me loosing.
>>
File: boobytraps01.jpg (94 KB, 450x607) Image search: [Google]
boobytraps01.jpg
94 KB, 450x607
>>48077636
Models already exist, prob dangerous terain.
>>
>>48077537
>Units can now choose to Charge at the beginning of any friendly Assault Phase
>The following conditions will result in a Disordered Charge:
>-Unit ran this turn (negated by Fleet)
>-No model in the unit has Line of Sight of a model in the target unit
>-Unit entered the battlefield this turn (including deployment, negated by Infiltrate when entering via Deep Strike or Outflank)
>-Unit disembarked from a Transport this turn (negated by Assault and Open-Topped Transports)
>-Unit fired one or more weapons without the Pistol or Assault weapon types this turn (negated by Relentless)
>-Charging through Difficult or Dangerous Terrain (negated by Moves Through Cover)
>-Charging multiple units (negated by Furious Charge)
>-Consolidating into combat (this one should stay scary for the assaulter as well as the assaultee)
>Disordered Charges now cause models to have their Initiative reduced by 2 (minimum 1) as well as lose the additional attack from charging
>Assault distance is now I+4
>>
>>48077609
Of course you'd fuck a plastic model.

>>48077609
Warrior legs, torso, blaster pistol with a Reaver head and the Archon's cape, huskblade, trophy and broken soul stones.

I also added the ribcage and skull from the original plastic base. I also used a couple chunks of sprue to counter balance the base.

But yes, female Archon because I wanted something different than the standard Archon and there are a fair number of female Archons in fluff but not on the table.
>>
>>48077643
if your macro is actually good you can get to like diamond on sc2 just by making lots of units and moving them in a blob
>>
>>48077660

This must be quite old. I guess my best option is to made them myself.
>>
>>48077643
The solution is to build like 8 barracks and have them pumping out Marines the entire time.
>>
Been out of loop for few months, chaos got a new codex? Is it any good?
>>
>>48077874
chaos got a quick update to their supplements, they were okay
>>
>>48077636
Mostly Dangerous Terrain. Unfortunately there's very little in the way of mines these days. Maybe use the Tanglewire (stronghold assault) as minefields?

In the old days Whirlwinds could lay down Large Blast sized mine fields, but since it was either that or actual missiles, few people used them. Catachans and Kroot mercs could set up traps in terrain, including mines. Scout bikes can lay down mines in terrain that causes like 2D6 S4 hits or something on the enemy. Stronghold Assault also lets you mine fortifications (when you enter it, the unit takes loads of hits and the building is destroyed).
>>
>>48077874

For the Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter.
>>
>>48077549
I wanted to make a female archon just so I could be a special snowflake, how did you get the back to fit like that?
>>
>>48077981
Cut the tabs off the original torso to fill the gap between the female torso half and the back, and some trimming on the Archon's back half and the female torso front.

Basically fiddly tweaking and trimming.
>>
Do any Anons know anything about buy Kriegers off eBay instead of directly from FW? The savings are incredible, and I don't mind waiting for the models to show up. Are they going to be shittastic though? Or are they ok?
>>
So.. Has anyone tried Stormcloud Attack yet?

Is it shit or nah?
>>
>>48075205
R8 my first ever list? I made it mostly out of duplicates of the Dark Vengeance box for cost reasons. Librarian and Company Master go with the Deathwing

Battle Demi Company (625pts)

····Assault Squad (100pts) [4x Assault Space Marine (56pts), 2x Flamer (10pts), Jump Packs (15pts)]
Assault Space Marine Sergeant (19pts) [Melta Bomb (5pts)]

····Company Master (140pts)
········Terminator Armour (50pts) [Lion's Roar (20pts), Power Sword]

····Devastator Squad (130pts) [4x Plasma Cannon (60pts), 4x Space Marine (56pts)]
········Sergeant (14pts)

····Tactical Squad (85pts) [Plasmagun (15pts), 4x Tactical Marine (56pts)]
········Sergeant (14pts)

········Sergeant (14pts)

········Sergeant (14pts)

+ Auxillary (875pts) +

Deathwing Redemption Force (590pts)

····Deathwing Terminator Squad (225pts) [Assault Cannon (20pts), Chainfists (5pts), 4x Deathwing Terminators (160pts),]
········Deathwing Sergeant (40pts)

····Deathwing Terminator Squad (225pts) [Assault Cannon (20pts), Chainfists (5pts), 4x Deathwing Terminators (160pts)]
········Deathwing Sergeant (40pts)

····Librarian (140pts) [Digital Weapons (10pts), Psychic Hood]
········Psyker (25pts) [Level 2 (25pts)]
········Terminator Armour (40pts) [Force Sword, Shroud of Heroes (10pts), Storm Bolter (5pts)]

Ravenwing Attack Squadron (285pts)

····Ravenwing Bike Squad (210pts) [2x Plasmagun (30pts), 5x Ravenwing Biker (125pts)]
········Ravenwing Sergeant (55pts) [Melta Bomb (5pts), Power Sword (15pts), Veteran Sergeant (10pts)]

····Ravenwing Land Speeder (75pts) [Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher (25pts)]
>>
>>48078766
I like it, maybe lose the plasma cannons IMO and go for Lascannons or Grav. The scatter from the shot more often than not seem to miss (with me anyways) plus why run the risk of killing much needed space marines.
>>
>>48078766
I should add Im using the Lion's Blade Strike Force.
>>48078803
What are the pros and cons of grav and las?
>>
>>48078766
On closer inspection, this is pretty much the list i run with moderate success. Less plasma and Relics, more Rhinos
>>
>>48078827
Grav and las are situational. If you arent really fighting vehicles or anything with a good armour save, its a bit tricky to get good use out of them. Atleast with grav you get 2 shots.. I think
>>
how to collect me some orkz, boss?
>>
>>48078871
That new beginners set that is just Assault on Black Reach repackaged and broken down. Looks like some good savings
>>
File: dalyfe.jpg (150 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
dalyfe.jpg
150 KB, 894x894
>>48078871

I've been very successful on Ebay since a lot of ork players have been offloading their collections.
>>
File: 1464276366439.png (157 KB, 481x394) Image search: [Google]
1464276366439.png
157 KB, 481x394
>>48078895
>US and Canada only

why must GW hurt me so
>>
>>48078945
Won't take long for it to end up on eBay and shit.
>>
File: 1463881987231.jpg (5 KB, 199x250) Image search: [Google]
1463881987231.jpg
5 KB, 199x250
>>48078945
Unfortunate. That was my first ever Warhammer purchase.. I might just have to get again for the captain.. I believe mine was lost/stolen/swept away
>>
File: 1465386087588.jpg (53 KB, 453x402) Image search: [Google]
1465386087588.jpg
53 KB, 453x402
>>48078976
There's one available, but shipping from the US will still take 20 days and cost me about as much as the set itself.
>>
>>48077113
>Librarius Conclave channeler charging 13"
>>
>>48077576
Well the core rules anyways, there are problems throughout but problems that could be solved in the codices should be. Like if you for example buffed the currently UP melee aspect of the game but then all the codex writers increased the price to make up for it you´ll have gotten nowhere.

Well both Starcraft and chess are entirely skill based, I don´t see the problem? Starcraft is about being able to quickly enact your plans and react to your opponents plans, the only reason why you don´t see that in chess is because the timer is longer than 1 sec/move, I´ll tell you that´d be interesting if extremely confusing to watch.
>>
>Wben rolling to wound, use a targets initiative instead of its toughness
Can I choose to to use toughness or initivate? Example shooting at T3 guardsman, would wound them on 2's but they have I3
>>
>>48077098
Nothing will change. 40k is popular. WHFB wasn't.

Also, re-read it.

You just got into the hobby, so what the fuck do you lose?
>>
>>48079482
>Can I choose to to use toughness or initivate?

Does it say you can? It tells you to roll against Initiative instead of Toughness.
>>
>>48078827
Grav is absurdly OP, lascannons are meh at best. If your opponent doesn´t have an army engineered to face grav and stands in the open he´ll be gone before turn 2. When an immobilized vehicle suffers an additional immobilized result it suffers an additional hull point instead. This means that you need to roll 5+ twice to destroy a normal vehicle. Seeing as how gravcannons can re-roll that 5+ you just need 6 shots to destroy a vehicle. Which is only slightly more than what a single grav cannon packs, meaning that you have a very good chance of destroying a vehicle every turn with a single heavy weapon, vs destroying one every couple of turns, maybe. Even if you don´t destroy your target it´ll be cripled, sometimes to the point of it being useless.
>>
File: icariates.jpg (232 KB, 1280x471) Image search: [Google]
icariates.jpg
232 KB, 1280x471
>>48077475
That's why I ordered a load of Raging Heroes models. But according to some people on /tg/, these models are 'naked and sexualised'.
>>
>>48079566
Alright, was just confusing me a bit.
>>
>>48079521
>40k is popular.

Not after AoE.

>WHFB wasn't.

Because GW kept fucking it up the ass.

>what the fuck do you lose?

The reason he got into it?
>>
>>48076755
It's over
Might not be now, but Chaos inevitably wins at the end anyway
>>
>>48075641
I'm looking at something like 16 losses with Dangles over various points, so far my tactical squads have done some nutty shit and keep me going.
>>
>>48079636
>inb4 all the butthurt denial from Xenosfag and Imperialfags

It will be like what happened in WHFB fanbase. They would be shock and say it's not suppose to happen when all the fluff pointed that Chaos was going to win eventually and there was nothing that can be done to stop it.

It's pretty much the same thing in 40K, the victory of Chaos is presented as a certainty, not to the same extent as WHFB but in recent years they pointed towards it greatly.

You know why? Because Chaos is a reflection of mankind. It's the sins of men cast back at them from the mirror hell dimension of the Warp. Mankind cannot defeat Chaos because man cannot defeat himself. there is no suppressing of the human condition that gave birth to Chaos and feeds it. To have mankind win against Chaos is to justify all the evil and atrocities of the Imperium and portray them as good and just. That cannot happen and will not happen. Chaos is suppose to execute humanity by the gallows that the Imperium has constructed. It's poetic!
>>
>>48079623
40k is popular, ergo, they won't change it dramatically. They did 13th BC already. They just retconned it. WHFB wasn't popular since 5th, 40k took over it. WHFB also dropped out of Top 5 wargames in 2013, but yes, it was fucked in the ass, but that was a symptom of a shit CEO and his terrible attempts to fix the problem, rather than understanding that fantasy wasn't that popular any more and was overly complicated. AoS rules are, with the introduction of points, what they should have done. The problem was complicated rules (relatively) and high introduction cost. AoS fixes that somewhat. I don't think that's the problem people have with AoS, but the fact it ruined a setting they had been used to. Again, unlikely to happen with 40k.

And he got into 40k for a reason other than playing the game. If he got into this for the rules, he's retarded. If he got into this for the fluff, then he isn't going to lose anything. 40k isn't going to end. They aren't going to destroy the entire galaxy and redo it it all. WHFB was limited to one planet, not to an entire galaxy. If the Age of the Emperor happens, it'll be the same as it is now, except instead of Imperium 'holding back the darkness', it'll be 'the darkness is winning'. I suspect they'll introduce campaigns and such to make you play as a army during the period, to make people feel invested. Or something, I dunno.

>>48079636
As far as I know, 40k has never said Chaos wins in the end. WHFB has stated since 3rd that Chaos wins. 40k has always been 'each race can win' except Tau, fuck knows what their goal is.
>>
>>48079835
>As far as I know, 40k has never said Chaos wins in the end. WHFB has stated since 3rd that Chaos wins. 40k has always been 'each race can win' except Tau, fuck knows what their goal is.

Actually, Chaos has been pushed as Greatest Threat and the one most likely to win. To say otherwise is to show dismal ignorance.

I want you to open the 7th ED codex and see the timeline section. You will an hourglass with two symbols. The upper half is the symbol of the Imperium which represents the Age of the Imperium. The lower have is the symbol of Chaos which represents the Age of Chaos.

As the timeline progresses, the bloody sand pours from the Imperial half to the Chaos half. When it reaches the era of the Time of Ending and 999 41K, there is little sand left in the Imperial half. Why didn't you see sympols of other factions of the hour glass? Because they do not matter at all in the end game.

The final text accompanying all of this says this is the last days of the Imperium. Whether it will lead to eternal damnation or ascendancy for humanity, nobody can tell.
>>
>>48077434
Not him, but in our friendly bi-yearly tournament (about 8 of us get together) all units have Preferred Enemy (Unpainted Models).

It just encourages us to get on with our hobbying and not put it off.
>>
>>48079835
>They did 13th BC already

What a pointless point.

They did SoC in fantasy and then they retconned it. Years later they did the End Times that replaced it.

EoT is in the same boat. Retconned and awaiting replacement.
>>
40k End of Times has already begun. The difference, is that it will take centuries to finish which could mean decades in the real world.
>>
File: 20160702_161843.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160702_161843.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
Rate my librarian. Suggestions?
>>
File: End Times Chaos (1).png (2 MB, 2126x948) Image search: [Google]
End Times Chaos (1).png
2 MB, 2126x948
Posting End Times fluff.
>>
File: Marines (End Times).png (791 KB, 1792x2036) Image search: [Google]
Marines (End Times).png
791 KB, 1792x2036
>>
>>48080075

Suspension of Codex Astartes in favor of a surge founding to elevate all available Chapters to Legion strength when?
>>
File: End Times (Orks).png (3 MB, 3196x1540) Image search: [Google]
End Times (Orks).png
3 MB, 3196x1540
>>
File: Dark City in trouble.png (773 KB, 2790x874) Image search: [Google]
Dark City in trouble.png
773 KB, 2790x874
>Vect : SHIIIIIEEEEEEEET
>>
File: The Grand Calculation.png (577 KB, 3388x880) Image search: [Google]
The Grand Calculation.png
577 KB, 3388x880
>>48080105
>>
Where can I find The Last Church short story lads? The megas is full of folders I dunno if it's there or not. Search doesn't turn up shit, not even Tales of Heresy
>>
>>48080122
Never. Just found more chapters.
>>
>>48080053
I'm curious on the yellow and blue for the hood.
>>
So eldar shining spears...
Worth it? Theyre expensive even if you convert but theyre neat.
>>
>>48079834

Chaos was not born out of humanity. Merely reshaped by it simply because of numbers.
>>
>>48080227
I thought it was audio only.
>>
File: Dark Angels (Age of Ending).png (914 KB, 705x903) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels (Age of Ending).png
914 KB, 705x903
The End is nigh!
>>
File: Dark city in trouble 2.png (48 KB, 550x676) Image search: [Google]
Dark city in trouble 2.png
48 KB, 550x676
>>48080169
>>
Aren't the mortal wounds of the Imperium pretty much self-inflicted as result of the aftermath of the age of Apostasy?
>>
File: These are the End Times.png (157 KB, 1704x852) Image search: [Google]
These are the End Times.png
157 KB, 1704x852
These are the End Times!
>>
File: 20160702_151027.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160702_151027.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>48080257I think it's just the yellow lighting I have in my room it's actually beine here's a better pic for the colour
>>
>>48080264
Don't reply to him. He gets like this a lot.
>>48080345
I'd say the Regin of Blood is the point where all of the stupid came in. If the "who has a bigger cock" fight between pencil pushers and priests didn't happen the Imperium would be in a much better place.
>>
File: IE-Jet-Girls.jpg (201 KB, 889x614) Image search: [Google]
IE-Jet-Girls.jpg
201 KB, 889x614
>>48079608
>Not using these ones instead
>>
>>48080418
Ah. The paint is a little too thick for my tastes.
>>
>>48080424
>Don't reply to him. He gets like this a lot.

You are a coward and that is not an argument.

>>48080264
I said human condition as in rage, greed, and being utter craven scum to each other like this guy (>>48080424).

Xenos share that condition with humanity. After all, the xenos in 40K are scarcely alien in their emotion and are equally incapable of suppressing their emotions and drives to be utter bastards.

Humanity is just the best producer of the human condition to the point that Chaos now is 95% human with daemons actually speaking in Gothic when there is no humans around.
>>
So what're the odds GW will do another narrative campaign to decide the story?
>>
>>48080553
None.

They want to control the outcome.
>>
>>48080426
L to R:
>Nazi salute
>Pointing
>Praise the sun
>Sonic
>Black power
>>
File: Herald of the End Times.png (518 KB, 846x587) Image search: [Google]
Herald of the End Times.png
518 KB, 846x587
He who heralds the End Times, Be'lakor the Dark Master of Chaos!
>>
>>48080269
Nope, it's a short story but there's an audiobook of it. I just can't find it.
>>
>>48080553
Fat chance. If they thought Chaos got fucked enough in the Fantasy version, imagine how bad it would be in 40k. Tau and Eldar would gain majority control over the galaxy and Chaos would be deleted in entirety. All Daemons would cease to exist.
>>
>>48080553

>Eldar, Tau, and Space Marines crush all opposition.
>Every major threat from Orks, to Chaos, to Tyranids are crushed (excepting the Necrons).
>>
That leaves the Tau, Tyranid, craftworlders, and Necron End Times lore.

I don't think anyone is interested in reading those.
>>
>>48080681
Isn't the tyranid end times lore simply "there are even more tyranids on the way"?
>>
>>48080551
>The human condition refers to a bunch of bad things
Watch out, your grimderp cynicism is slowing.
>>
I want the opinion of some people who dislike formations and detachemnts.

Do you think it is a bad thing that SM have a formation that makes them play like a battle company. Do you think it would be better if they used 2 tac squads and 3 dev squads? Is it not worth it to stifle creativity in order to better represent the games universe? When you are using Scouts, Dreadnoughts and Devestators led by a Chapter Master do you believe you are playing as much of an SM army as a person playing a battle company? Is something not lost in translation when people min/max and avoid fluffy and fun units?

No matter how you spin it, I think it would be very hard to make rules which encourage not only the use of Tacs and Devs but also Assault Marines. Isn´t it somewhat fluffy if all Marine armies look alike and are easy to make a single tactic which works against all of them? Doesn´t that represent a weakness in the structure of the IoM?
>>
>>48080681

Is there even one for Tau?

Either they get technological enough (achieving a technological singularity or triggering a Men of Iron Crisis) or the true masterminds behind the Tau's rise to power show up.
>>
>>48080681
Necron End Times would be something like "Yeah, that's cute"
>>
>>48080678
>>48080673
I sorta wanna see it now, If only to see GW try to salvage it.
>>
>>48080700
Nah, it has do with Leviathan penetrating Segmentum Solar and making a beeline to Terra.

There is other fluff about minor hive fleets doing stuff across the galaxy like the two hive fleets sandwiching Sam-hain.
>>
>>48080711
Human condition is 40K. You got to admit that compassion and true altruism in 40K is lacking to the point that they have no impact in the Warp.
>>
>>48080725
They will do what they did with the precursor to the end times (Storm of Chaos or something, can't remember) "LALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU, CHAOS IS DA BEST, BEATS ALL THE REST"
>>
>>48080713
You shouldn't be forced to use formations to use fun and fluffy units or vice versa. Every unit should be of equal value when its points cost and FOC slot are counted against its usefulness.
>>
>>48080754
in 40K*
>>
>>48080713
The reason most people complain isn't the fluff, it's the fact that by using a battle company you can bring like 2500 points to a 2000 point game.
>>
>>48080754
>You got to admit that compassion and true altruism in 40K is lacking to the point that they have no impact in the Warp.
Compassion and altruism are the things that keep people believing in the Imperial Faith, which has a huge effect on the Warp.
>>
>>48080722
Actually, the Necrons went quiet. Their whole race, all dynasties went silent in the last bit 999 41K. While the galaxy is tearing itself apart, the Necrons are nowhere to be seen. They might have decided to Sleep again.

>>48080717
Actually, it has something to do with the Prophecy of Arthas Molach and Farsight becoming or not becoming the "Mon'tshaar" aka "The Terror That Burns Dark".
>>
>>48080775
Pretty much this. The biggest reason people dislike formations and detachments is the fact there's a good few of them that add bullshit rules and such.

Formations and detachments should be like CADs, a mould for a custom force for your army with all the slots you need.
>>
>>48080775

Don't exaggerate you cunt nugget nobody takes razorbacks in BC. You get 210 points for 6 free rhinos or pods. Then a free 35 for every extra one you cram in there. The Tau piranha/Skyblight Swarm/DKoK/Chaos Daemon summoning and even War Convocation all give more free points than BC.
>>
>>48079919
>Whether it will lead to eternal damnation or ascendancy for humanity, nobody can tell.

That's exactly my point. Every faction, as I said, has an 'End Game'. This has been mentioned plenty of times. It's exactly my point. Greatest Threat =! Winner. WHFB had in 3rd edition, quite literally, stuff along the lines of "no matter what happens, Chaos always wins". 40k has yet to have such a comment.

Whatever Carnac, you're right, I'm wrong, not gonna argue with you, it's a pointless exercise.

>>48079955
And WHFB isn't 40k. 40k is still the 2nd most popular wargame in the world. Changing what is already a 'winning' formula would be stupid and the age of stupid decisions by their CEO is over, as he doesn't exist.
>>
>>48080789
You mean fear and oppression is what keeps the Imperial masses believing.

There aren't many believers in the Imperium as it is. The Imperium is filled with the faithless and the hopeless.
>>
Could use some help settling on a chapter. Looking for the more 'Rip and Tear'-minded of them. So far I've got Flesh Tearers, Carcharodons, Black Templars and Minotaurs, am I missing any lesser known ones?
>>
>>48080853
>the age of stupid decisions by their CEO is over, as he doesn't exist.

Well, seeing that they're really pushing AoS and the price of those kits is crazy even for GW, his spirit seems to linger upon the company and will need some strong voodoo to get rid of.
>>
File: celestine.jpg (463 KB, 1114x1080) Image search: [Google]
celestine.jpg
463 KB, 1114x1080
>>48080426
Didn't like them that much. I also got this, which is neat. I am hoping that, if SoB are ever properly updated, Saint Celestine becomes a generic Living Saint, like Daemon Princes, with the ability to make your own gal. I resisted buying a lot of other stuff as well.
>>
>>48080880
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Loyal_Space_Marine_Chapters_(List)

That should get you started on the basics. I'm sure you'll be able to find something.
>>
>>48080775
Battle Company gives you 6-12 free transports worth 35-65 points each. You can get anywhere from 210-780 free points from it, with 500ish being pretty common.
>>
>>48080853
No, they don't have an End Game.

The Necrons don't. With their race disappearing at the eve of the End Times. Whatever is going on with them is a mystery, they might come back or not.

The Orks End Game is about combating the big bag aka Chaos. No mention of them winning.

Tyranids are jobbers and a joke.

The Eldar plan stinks of the Incarnates failed plan.

The Emperor himself foresaw that Abaddon and his crew will destroy him. The writing is on the wall and I like how you ignored it. The fluff says that these are the final days of the Imperium and Hourglass points at the coming of the Age of Chaos.

Now concede and begone with none arguments.
>>
File: 1462288257731.jpg (82 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462288257731.jpg
82 KB, 1024x1024
>>48080826
Necrons are so old they've been through their own End Times already, that's why. They probably went back to sleep cause "Ah shit, this again. NOPE, I'm off to bed. Wake me up when these upstarts have cannibalised themselves so I can get back to work".

Or they could just say fuck it and take a leafblower into the Celestial Orrery.
>>
>>48080843
>nobody takes razorbacks in BC
No one fucking takes 60 tactical Marines to anything, asshat.
>>
>>48080883
Pushing AoS because it's a new product isn't surprising, anon. The prices are not much different to any other company, but the main reason is, you don't need 200+ models any more to play. Plus, the AoS stuff can be used in 40k, Orcs and Chaos stuff specifically.
I'm talking more about community based rule feed back with the FAQ's, the release of AdMech as a faction and a few other things. I doubt many people in online communities like AoS, but, even if everybody in this thread hated it, that's 65 people. It is a game for new players, not for us.

Don't think when I say the CEO won't make stupid decisions, it's inevitable, but everything Kirby did was terrible. Nothing he did was very good.
>>
>>48080826
>They might have decided to Sleep again.

Nah. This is just the typical: "They are planning something" kind of thing.
>>
File: 1 You.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1 You.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>48080924
>Now concede and begone with none arguments.

I literally did just that, but good job ignoring it, resident shitposter-kun.
>>
I got some Grey Knights half off at a random gaming shop I found. I haven't played 40K in about 10 years, so I'm unsure of how things work now. Does it matter which nemesis force weapons I put on them, or are swords/halberds/hammers all the same for the rules?
>>
>>48080880
Raven guard are quite fond of the old lightning claws, although they're still not all about the rip 'n' tear.
>>
>>48080763
Sure but you would still never see a battle company, there are simply things within the formation which contradict eachother.

You have tac squads which are a mostly defensive choice which doesn´t mind too much being assaulted.

You have Dev squads which just want to sit at max range and pew pew without ever getting close to the enemy.

Assault Squads want to get close to the foe.

The fact is that assault squads simply don´t fit in with what is otherwise a fairly defensive mid ranged army.

So if they were made competetive to the point that they´d be worth taking in a NotBattle Company then they would be overpowered in an army playing to their actual strength. Like a balls to the walls pod rush, which is where their rules actually fit.

All of this can be amended by the fact that you can give people a carrot for choosing the "right" number of different units to fit a fluff based army.
>>
>>48080924
Wow, even for 4chan, this is arrogance of an extreme level. Love you don't provide any actual evidence other than "it's t-t-there!". That's not how burden of proof works. Also, the guy you replied to said you won, yet you write that shit at the bottom. Is your mother tongue English or are you ignoring it for (You)'s? If so, good on you, you got mine.
>>
>>48077201
Replace the loc's hq slot with 4 heralds and take some screamers. Also, don't forget the grimoir of true names.
>>
>>48080924
Also multiple time travellers (Death of Integrity AI and the time travelling daemon prince who has been to the end of the universe and back) claim that Chaos consumed the galaxy.

There is also a Grey Knight character from the 5th ED codex (I believe it was Stern) who believes that the fight against Chaos is futile because Chaos cannot be stopped and it is destined to win. However, he will fight on anyways. I remember having these same kind of arguments with the WHFB guys a few years before the WHFB End Times. I look forward to be vindicated (AGAIN) when the 40K End Times comes in a few years or a decade later.
>>
>>48080975
You did not. You always play I am mot going reply to you card and then later you reply. Just go already. Nobody wants your crummy (Yous). Let us discuss the End Times in peace.
>>
>>48080979

They're all different. You'll probably want 4 Halberds and 1 Hammer per 5, but this costs a lot of points. If you want to save points go 4 Swords 1 Hammer. Every single weapon type has its own rules nowadays.
>>
>people are arguing with Carnac

Fuck sake, when will people learn? Ah well. I'm out, no point seeing this shit fill the thread.

>>48080979
They are all different. They are all Force weapons, but they all do different things. Hammers do x2 Strength, Halberds give +1 Initiative, Falchions give +1A and Swords are default and I can't remember what they give. Ward Staves give 2++ in close combat I think.
>>
>>48081010
> Love you don't provide any actual evidence other than "it's t-t-there!".

Read the thread above. You will see some of the evidence provided already. Ask what "Evidence you want exactly and I will provide.

And that dude did not win anything but my contempt!
>>
>>48081030
Yes I did. Good job ignoring it. I'll point it out for you.

>Whatever Carnac, you're right, I'm wrong, not gonna argue with you, it's a pointless exercise.

Please learn to read. Thank you. Have another (You).
>>
>>48081046
>Halberds give +1 Initiative
It's +1S now. Staff gives Adamantium Will.
>>
>>48080880

Executioners

Flesh Tearers is probably the most aggressive of that list because they also have the Death Company curse. Carcharodons would be second most, then Executioners, and BT would be last as they're the least bloody and just an inferior Minotaurs.
>>
>>48080984
Slightly too sneaky for my tastes, but the lightning claws are tempting!
>>
>>48076924
Does charging from outflank or your own table corner really break the game?
>>
>>48080950

You can still put 5 marines in a rhino you dipshit. Where in that post did I even mention the squad sizes?
>>
>>48081046
>Fuck sake, when will people learn? Ah well. I'm out, no point seeing this shit fill the thread.

Not an argument.

You are a craven coward. Goodbye.

>>48080955
>>48080939
My guess is that they are having a civil war or that the C'tan have finally exacted their vengeance.
>>
File: GW-deals.jpg (491 KB, 976x2412) Image search: [Google]
GW-deals.jpg
491 KB, 976x2412
>>48080954
>The prices are not much different to any other company

I didn't say shit about other companies, I'm talking about GW internal prices.
>>
>>48080911
>with 500ish being pretty common.

Every single Battle Company GT top result says you're wrong. Razorbacks aren't as fast as pods and can't shoot grav unlike Rhinos.
>>
>>48080954
>It is a game for new players, not for us.

And what are all of us, with out WHFB armies, suppose to do in the meantime?
>>
>>48081062
I didn't say he won anything, I don't think English is your mother tongue....

As for exact evidence, how about the exact page, not a claim it's there, but an actual picture, of Emperor seeing Abaddon and Co win.

The rest of the stuff you said is assumptions. You going "Nids are jobbers" is not an argument. Eldar one, again, is not an argument. It's you applying your headcanon. Nothing has actually happened. Necrons, as you say yourself, could come back. Again, that doesn't mean anything. Just cause they're not there. You go "they don't have an End Game", then only link a few.

Provide some pictures or don't, but I'm going on assumption you're shitposting because you're misreading and ignoring things on purpose.
>>
>>48081093
But what's the skulls/£ ratio for each?
>>
>>48081064
See? That's what I am talking about. This is exactly why I ignored it because you are obsessed. You cannot leave us in peace. There is an itch in you that makes you reply despite saying you wouldn't and despite being told not to.

Get help.
>>
>>48080775
I´m just trying to argue that formations shouldn´t be removed entirely. Besides it´s not like battle companies are THAT good if you don´t take any grav.

I just think people are putting the blame on the wrong party when the game would still be fucked up even without formations, which actually allow for fluffier armies to be competetive.
>SM battle companies instead of just bikespam and superfriends
>Eldar armies that have a theme because they aren´t taking a little of this and a little of that
>Mono god Daemons being better

Why would you ever mono god except in the presence of a special rule giving you a special benefit, why should that benefit not be in the form of a formation?
>>
>>48081073
Does it? Fuck me, when did that change?

>>48081085
I will when I'm done talking to people who play the game and don't buy books and twists what's written to fit your arguments on a Burmese Etch-a-Sketch animation board.
>>
>>48081046
>>48081045

Goddam, this shit is complicated. I won't be playing in any tournaments so I think I'm just going to do a varied selection and call them something else if need be. Maybe eventually I'll do magnetized parts.

Thanks for the info, What are the little rods coming out of the backpacks?
>>
>>48080979
Halberd is a Power Sword with +1S. S5 with Hammerhand brings you up to S7, which means you can potentially hurt anything in the game.

Staff gives the unit +1 to Deny the Witch so you want one in every unit, but not more.

Hammer gives S8, but I1 can be a problem, especially when you have Instant Death anyway. Maybe take one?

Falchion is a sword with +1A. It's usually stronger than the Halberd, but lack of S7 potential makes it less versatile.
>>
>>48081139
Again?! You are helpless.

Why are you replying to me? Talk to them. You don't need to justify yourself to me.
>>
>>48081112
If you don't have WHFB armies, that's the problem? If you mean 'our' and not 'out', then you can play one of the WHFB editions or play AoS. They have points now.

>>48081093
You said they were expensive, I explained they're not overly expensive compared to similar products. Most people on here don't buy directly from GW anyway.
>>
>>48081140
I forget their name but they're the teleporter packs the interceptors have.
>>
>>48081098
It´s quite humourous how much they think that pesky heavy bolter is worth when the competetive comunity seems to believe the cost of losing fire points and transport capacity is enough to warrant a price reduction rather than a 20-30 pt increase.
>>
>>48081083
For what possible reason would you ever take a Rhino over a Razorback at the same price? Repair is useless since a Rhino dies as soon as something starts shooting at it.
>>
>>48081116
>gets btfo
>starts going on his autistic sperg

Lol dude, you got owned, just shut the fuck up.

>>48081140
Mini-Teleporters I think. Can't remember what they're called. There is rules on the weapons in the codex, which you can download for free in the link in OP.
>>
>>48081186
>You said they were expensive,

Even for GW. I mean, how could you miss that part?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.