[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: Alarielle.jpg (199 KB, 1003x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle.jpg
199 KB, 1003x1000
>resources
pastebin.com/LPEdZcTi

All hail to Alarielle's feet edition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread
>>48057138
>>
File: Queek Headtaker Never 4get.jpg (585 KB, 795x1371) Image search: [Google]
Queek Headtaker Never 4get.jpg
585 KB, 795x1371
Queek shall rise again.

Hail to the King.
>>
File: liz5.png (3 MB, 1534x931) Image search: [Google]
liz5.png
3 MB, 1534x931
>>48074882
Not if I have anything to say about it, faggot.

If you do, it's because I allowed it.

Just.
As.
Predicted.
>>
>>48074862
4th for Ushoran a best.
>>
>>48074862
So i've decided to pick Slaves to Darkness as my second Army. The theme is that they are a kingdom that has recently pledged itself to Chaos as a way to survive the never ending dangers of the the realms.

So, how do warriors of Chaos work in AoS? I know Chaos has little to no ranged game, and thus, are entirely focused around melee. I plan on using mostly Warriors, with some Marauders, led by a Exalted Hero, but I know ill need other things. I just have no idea what they'd be. Anything I should add onto it? Also, Id love to hear ideas for their kingdom: Why they fell, how they worship, how they fight, etc. Im also looking for cool character ideas for their heros.
>>
File: Skaven Vermalanx.png (6 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Vermalanx.png
6 MB, 1536x2000
>>48074893
>Implying you could wipe your own ass without a Skink assistant

Froglets, when will they learn?
>>
>>48074893
Lol rat men demolish you temples
>>
>>48075075
No they didn't. We went into fucking space.

>>48074971
I have evolved beyond pooping, anon. I am one with the stars. You're just living in the shadow of bigger things. Pathetic.
>>
When do you think the traits and abilities will be available for other sub factions like ironjawz and pestes
>>
>>48075157
>orks
>getting things
>>
>>48075198
>>orks
To hell with the orks, I just care about the pestilens
>>
I'm impressed by that the latest releases don't have the most retarded names possible.
>>
>>48075198
This ain't 40k, maybe someone in the design team actually cares about fantasy Orcs

>>48075157
Probably pretty soon, one of the good things to come out of AoS is now GW has an effective digital delivery system for minor additions and updates (AoS app), so they can push through a few minor changes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they provided some kind of pdf within about a month of the General's Handbook dropping containing updates for Ironjawz, Flesh-Eater Courts, Stormcast, and Seraphon.
>>
Potential Seraphon player here: with the changes to summoning in matched play, has the Slann lost a lot of value? His kit seems so focused around it that I wonder if you might as well just take Kroak anyway.
>>
>>48075376
>Seraphon didn't get an update

Didn't Stormcast get Warlord Trait Table or something but Seraphon was one of the 3 that didn't?

>>48075438
Don't take Kroak. He is a trick. He is about 200 more expensive than he should be. Take a regular Slann + Starpriest. That'll do it.
>>
>>48075438
>kroak
Overpriced toad
>>
File: Make like a tree.png (3 MB, 1270x1082) Image search: [Google]
Make like a tree.png
3 MB, 1270x1082
Too much legs.
>>
>>48075438
Given that Kroak is more than twice the cost of a Slann, I think a Slann is still a viable option if you're intent on bringing a frog.

Anyway, for 260pts the Starmaster is still alright as an option. The Constellation provides a decent set of buffs that you can potentially tailor throughout the battle as need requires, and the Command ability provides decent maneuverability.

Being able to cast 3 spells in a turn is pretty good, too. Sure, you might not be summoning 3 units a turn anymore, but that's still +1 to a save, d3 mortal wounds on an enemy within 18", and being able to take Battleshock on 2d6 dropping the highest, each turn.

The Starmaster also isn't terrible stat-wise, with 7 wounds and a 4+ save. 6 attacks in close combat with rend 1 isn't bad, either.

That said, he isn't anywhere near an auto-take now either, and personally I think I'm more likely to go with an Oldblood or Scar-Vet on Carnosaur most of the time, but that's mainly because I like the model more.
>>
>>48075524
She has big thighs. There's some serious muscle going on there. Probably for crushing skulls with.
>>
>>48075512
>Didn't Stormcast get Warlord Trait Table or something but Seraphon was one of the 3 that didn't?

I thought 'Order' as a very general allegiance received traits and artefacts, but I'm pretty sure Stormcast specifically haven't gotten any yet.
>>
>>48075582
I'd let her crush my skull any day
>>
File: 1467476814564.png (3 MB, 1270x1082) Image search: [Google]
1467476814564.png
3 MB, 1270x1082
What is this in the red square?
>>
>>48075512
>>48075521
>>48075573

Thanks for weighing in. Kroak looks/looked appealing due to the better inherent spells and dice manipulation.

Anyone mind showing off a 1000pt build just to point me in the right direction? Slann as general not mandatory.
>>
>>48075603
It is for Order as a whole, but, shock-horrors, there's a Stormcast in the picture, so whiny Sera-fags feel under-represented. Again.
>>
>>48075620
Bird?
>>
>>48075620
Bird with sprite on the back. Probably just artistic license based on warhawks. I doubt we'll see more trees beyond current release now.
>>
>>48075624
You know, if you like Kroak's model more, which most people do, you can totally still use him as a normal Slann.

Example list for Seras is hard. You could run lots of Skinks and their pets, you could run Saurus Knights, Skink Starpriests and Carnosaur Heroes, you could run footslogging Saurus and a bit of Stegadon fire support... The army has a lot of combinations that fit in 1000 points, a lot of them viable.

Off the top of my hat, what I would do:

>Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur
>Skink Starpriest
>5 Saurus Knights
>10 Saurus Knights
>Stegadon w/ Bolt Thrower

Simple tactic, toss your buffs and charge while the Stegadon also gives fire support.
>>
>>48075524
No such things.

>>48075582
She is also a life godess, so she needs strong thighs for all that procreation.
>>
File: 1459816207883.jpg (20 KB, 350x370) Image search: [Google]
1459816207883.jpg
20 KB, 350x370
>>48075582
>>48075748
You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this.
>>
>>48075813
Probably at least as long as I have.
>>
So how rushed do you guys think this book is?

Really sucks they missed one several battalions, the silver tower stuff, etc

I guess FW has to release their points and such at a slower pace. But if all this is to prepare for the summer battle it's a bit lame how some shit is absent.

Certainly sucks to be a Chaos Dwarf player, that all i know.
>>
>>48075748

I love the fact that the life goddess is also their crazy war goddess in her spring/summer aspect.

Something about a god that is down with fighting and fucking is great.
>>
>>48075923
>the silver tower stuff,
I think they'll just update the existing pdf.
>>
File: 1466645501281.jpg (347 KB, 1600x1745) Image search: [Google]
1466645501281.jpg
347 KB, 1600x1745
>>48074862
>tfw Chaos undivided sucks
>tfw Warriors, Marauders, Harpies and Hero's all suck.

How do I make Chaos undivided viable?
>>
>>48075923
>I guess FW has to release their points and such at a slower pace.
FW has always had to release their own stuff, so it shouldn't have been suprising that FW stuff didn't have points in the GH.
>But if all this is to prepare for the summer battle it's a bit lame how some shit is absent.
For all we know they might have the PDF with point values ready and are gonna post it on the website on the day of the GHs release. I wouldn't count on it but it's still possible.
>>
>>48075923
Spoken like someone who has no fucking clue how this sort of thing works.
Do you really think they added two factions that haven't been released yet but "forgot" about Silver Tower? No. They left that out on purpose. There is a Tzeentch release coming in the future. This release will probably include all the stuff we got sneak peaks for via Silver Tower, but it is so far in the future that they didn't want to include it yet. So you can use the Silver Tower in Open or Narrative, but Matched will have to do without it until they have an actual release including Battle Traits and Artifacts.

As for the Forgeworld stuff, when has the main GW team EVER supported FW? They LET Forgeworld decide on their own rules, at their own time, as they have always done.
>>
>>48075923
The narrative batallions are probably missing with good reason (such as being fucking bullshit) and I really doubt GW expected the Silver Tower stuff to actually be as popular as it turned out to be.
In the end it is apparent that the book was not initially meant to be part of the release cycle, to be sure, otherwise Jervis Johnson and his ilk wouldn't have defended the lack of points and structured play as much as they did, let alone releasing the relevant book only a year into the game.
Overall, the point values in general seem pretty much on spot, some exceptions notwithstanding, and the rule tweaks overall make sense and clear up the largest issues the game has apart from the Knight-Vexillor bullshit being still broken.
And FW shit being absant from a GW book is surprising for nobody. That's how things have always been, and FW probably has a pdf with the point values and such waiting in the wings.
And playing Dawi Zharr sucks for a great many reasons, lacking point values are such a minute concern when compared to our shit-tier infantry, it hardly bothers me.
>>
>>48076050

I dislike that a unit with 10 models costs the same as one with 30, and that it's skewed toward having lots of models like WHFB did, but I can deal with it.
>>
>>48075923
So long as people arn't taking mournghuls in competative play, im happy
And this is coming from a death player
>>
>>48076050
What did JJ say? There was an article he wrote on points that did the rounds after AOS came out, but that was from a classic white dwarf years ago.
>>
80 GBP = 106 USD

Cost in on US GW Site = $130...

sure why the fuck not.
>>
>>48076140
Did you factor in the cost of moving it across the Atlantic Ocean
>>
So are there any NoVA fags here? Had a question about the Springfield GW store.
>>
>>48076097
>I dislike that a unit with 10 models costs the same as one with 30
Being retarded must make life difficult for you, anon.
>>
>>48076164

It does please don't discriminate anon-kum
>>
>>48075974
It's also a great representation of nature that is not some romantic hippy drivel. Real world mother nature is a violent bitch and there is all kinds of war going on in the animal kingdom.
>>
>>48076115
There was some talk of the design team on a con or some such, where they said that AoS not having points was a brilliant move since they wouldn't be able to make it balanced anyway and anything the fans would vome up with would probably be better.
>>
>>48076097
Is it really that difficult to understand that you pay those points for each batch of (MIN number) models you take? I thought it was just some anons taking the piss out of a somewhat vague system, but I keep reading such comments...
>>
>>48076097
Buh? If you don't intentionally only play mass infantry, you are unlikely to go above 40 models in 1000 points.

>I dislike that a unit with 10 models costs the same as one with 30
So what? 10 Blightkings can mulch any 30 mass infantry models of their own cost. The reason mass infantry is weaker is because they're shit unless taken in great numbers. If you decide to go that route, then yes, you will end up with 80 models in 1000 points. If you play a monster and some elite infantry, you will most certainly not get to huge numbers. Out of 4 1000 point lists I've made so far (Bloodbound, Sylvaneth, Rotbringers, Seraphon), one has 18 models, one has 28 models, one has 35 models and one has 38 models. Sure, you can go out of your way and cram 150 Ungor in 1000 points, but that would be a) shit and b) your own choice.

>>48076108
Why? If it costs 500 points, I'd be okay with it. Remember, in Matched, you can only cast 1 Mystic Shield per turn.
>>
>>48076155
It doesn't cost $24 to ship a box that size to the US from the UK
>>
>>48076140
£80 is $142 aud but the model is $225 here, stop complaining that you have to pay a little bit more then England, at least you don't deal with Australian prices.
>>
>>48076286
>Why? If it costs 500 points, I'd be okay with it. Remember, in Matched, you can only cast 1 Mystic Shield per turn.

You'll be happy if it costs even 340 and you'll like it. 500 is a massively hopeful dream knowing FW

And mystic shield isn't even the problem, but even that one shield will go a long way on a Mournghul, the things are nigh unsinkable
>>
>>48076336
As of RIGHT NOW 80 GBP is 106$ so idk where you're getting your numbers.
>>
>>48076363
AUS$ you doorknob.
>>
>>48076356
Actually lately FW has been getting pretty good with their balance work. Ask any 30k player and they'll readily tell you 30k feels more balanced than 40k.
If anything the Mourngul will be priced so high it's nigh useless and it'll cost more than Behemoth slot.
>>
>>48076363
Remember prices aren't based on today's exchange rates. The pound is suffering from fluctuations. Also the buying rate on a currency ain't what the market sells at. You've got to be buying a lot of money to get those rates.

Justsayin
>>
hrmn. i've been thinking on a kill team/skirmish level for the game. something like 300 points to select dudes, dudes are bought individually. Dudes act individually but you can glom dudes from the same valid unit into a single squad, which you want to do a bit for the ability of having ablative wounds and spreading unit buffs. (like if a unit can be only spear or only swords then only spears can glom together, etc.)

Thinking no restriction on what you can buy(300 points is tiny tiny), and allegiance stuff is in effect so you can get command traits and general stuff and an artifact.
>>
So what's the official ending to all gates?
>>
>>48076008
You don't. Undivided has always sucked ass.
>>
>>48074969
Chosen smack shit around real good. Compensate you lack of range with a hell cannon, and think about aligning them to a God of Chaos. Khornish warriors of chaos are brutal melee fighters. Maybe use this choice as a story arc, but either way, it lets you introduce more models to your army.

Lead character wise, the aspiring death bringer gives you additional attacks to your units I think, might only be khorn. Honestly Archaon's Warlord Without Equal is really good, but he's expensive $ and points. Hellcannons will make your opponent hate you though, don't bring more than two.
>>
>>48076158
NoVa fag here. I've been trying to find people to play with forever. Usually go to Fairfax though.
>>
>>48076943
I mean I was trying to get into AoS but I didn't know if there were any people in NoVa who actually played it. Pretty close to Manassas, so...
>>
>>48076475
Yeah, no shit the 30k is balanced, all the armies are basically the same.

The funny thing is that the only one that is not (mechanicum) is also the one that is incredibly unbalanced.
>>
>>48076781
I was also thinking that things that are limited to one/unit are limited to one/warband. So you could only take one unit leader per different squad (for example you could only have one Freeguild guard sarge in the warband no matter how many freeguild guard you buy. but if you buy a handgunner they can be your one handgunner squad leader, buy a crossbowman they can be your one crossbowman squad leader)

Maybe change the unit thing to a coherency thing. where dudes from the same warscroll (regardless of loadout) are counted as a unit for unit benefits as long as they keep an unbroken link of dudemans with no more than i dunno, two inches between each dude?
>>
Any londoners here?
Where do you play AoS?
>>
After a full day of going through the book now that i had access to it...

I am liking the path to glory campaign stuff (however only the factions which have had aos updates are playable... and all of chaos.)

But i havn't found points cost for any of the formations from the realmaget wars books

I have a friend who is collecting an army based on one of the formations and with no points cost i don't know if one should be made up for it or if its okay to play it without points? (its not the 200 points one cos its calledskullkers of runestruck path)
>>
>>48077076

i play at my local store in west london,
>>
>>48077065
This. 30k is so bland it'd be impossible to fuck it up. AoS is whole different game.

>>48077167
Just have to agree on a number. most formations cost about 60-80, 80 is probably a fair price.

I can't find the cost for the Virulent Horde but i assume it will be about 60 given how weak it is.
>>
Anyone read this already? Are stories interesting?
>>
>>48077167
Just pay a 100 for it and call it a day.
>>
>>48077273

not out yet, that one is out next week, and ill probably pick it up.

talking about lore quickly. who here has bought all the aos cds? i listened to the first one but havnt bothered with the rest as i don't want to fork over £12 for 1 hour of talking. If so can i be given a quck runthrough of what happened?
>>
>>48077318

It's out as e-book. But I'm reluctant to buy it not knowing its quality.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hey I really think my highlights have improved
>>
Is 1k the new default game size for AoS?

I think that puts me at almost 3k of chaos..
>>
>>48077581
I thought AoS didn't use points, are you just using the fantasy points values?
>>
>>48077596
The General's Handbook, a new Rulebook for AoS, is adding a point system.
>>
>>48077581
Considering the point system isn't even officially out, saying anything is a default game size is a bit premature.
>>
I'm probably being retarded but looking at the Skaven points for the WLC I see that it gives the points for 1 but the max size is 1. Does that mean that I can only take 1 per army?
>>
>>48077581
1k seems fairly small for most of the newer armies. Stormcast and Ironjaws have tiny forces under that value, for example. I really hope for 2k to become the standard, to be honest. AoS plays quickly anyway, so it shouldn't be much of an issue.
>>
>>48077996

One per 'slot'. No unit of WLC, basically.
>>
>>48078024
Ah that makes more sense. Another question, is it still possible to make a Throgg all troll and monster list? Now with the forge world prices dropping I'm thinking about getting a hag
>>
>>48078067
In Open Play yes, in point games no. You'd need to have some Battleline unit and none of the monsters are one. Also, the Hag is only destruction, you wouldn't be allowed to field her in a chaos army in matched play (the one with points).
>>
UHH!
THICC!
>>
>>48078120
Aw...I've been wanting to make this list since 8th ed but I've been gun-shy because of the price...my wallet is safe I suppose
>>
File: 99120204017_DrycaHamadreth01.jpg (49 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120204017_DrycaHamadreth01.jpg
49 KB, 600x620
>Friend tells me feminist are ruining aos/40k
>this comes out
ayy lmao
>>
>>48078244

I wouldn't say they're ruining it, they're just writing about ruining it.
>>
>>48078244
>Friend tells me feminist are ruining aos/40k

Your friend is a fucking idiot and needs to spend less time on /v/, Warhammer is the one thing feminists simply cannot touch, the designers don't even pretend to give a fuck.

Hell the GW team barely listens to it's own audience, why would they give a shit about some unpleasable bitches who won't even play the game
>>
>>48078226
>Alarielle the thighqueen
>>
>>48078282
>Your friend is a fucking idiot
this
>>
>>48078282
>GW team barely listens to it's own audience
sad but true
>>
>>48077569
Looks good, but a tad harsh for cloth. Maybe ad a wah or two.
>>
>>48078020

The getting started boxes are about 500, give or take, so I'd assume they want you to at least buy 2.

1k is the points values I keep seeing lists for.
>>
>>48078020
1500 is probably more realistic.
>>
>>48078226

>GW can actually design characters that look female

What world is this I'm living in
>>
>>48077581
>>48078020
>>48078405

The 'official' game size in the book is 1k, 2k, and 2500.

Why there is no 750, or 1500 we shall never know. But house ruling will provide that, and yes you are somewhat encouraged to buy 2 of the starter boxes, it's not a bad idea for most armies and they are good value.
>>
>>48078430
The world where the designers started producing testosterone
>>
>>48078375
The wash was what made it harsh. It was originally like in the above pic until an anon recommended a wash, so I did that, got a muddy green colour, and just used Nurgling. Which wash do you recommend? Also, do you recommend doing a base of death world instead? Atm I go castellion earthshade straken then earthshade then Nurgling.
>>
>>48078020
You should see my Ogors. My list got 14 models on the table.
>>
>>48078553
This is one before the second earthshade
>>
What is a good General for a Skarbrand centric force that doesn't want another Thirster?
Would like to have Command Ability but Skarbrand rolls alone.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48078573
>>
How are orruks? specifically the ironjaws stuff, I dont really care for the older style pot-bellied bow legged orcs.
is there enough there for a small but fun/interesting force?
>>
Anyone have a good Grot list ? I can't really find any obvious synergy outside of the spider ones.
>>
>>48078605
Very tough, multi-wound, good armour save, high damage, poor movement. Really fun to use and easy to assemble / paint. you only need to buy a few things.
>>48078627
Use Skarsnikk he has points and is still legal with his moonklan keyword
>>
>>48078244
Dumb question but where the fuck do they get those rocks for bases?
>>
>>48078695
Dammit I want Skrolk
>>
>>48078627
a LOT of grots with lances
grots shaman
enjoy your 40 attacks 3+ 4+ rend -1 you just fielded for pennies.
I remember the grot warboss command ability gave them +1 attack also but i think the model has been axes. Should still be there on the rules tho or in the app.
>>
Is this generals handbook going to be available for free online? I thought the rules for aos were supposed to be free or are these seen as optional?
>>
File: image.png (403 KB, 400x484) Image search: [Google]
image.png
403 KB, 400x484
Don't try tasting fleshshade guys, it tastes like ass.
>>
File: 1374720800829.jpg (25 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
1374720800829.jpg
25 KB, 450x402
>>48078758
Getting quite pathetic there.
>>
>>48076020
>>48075923

Speaking of silver tower, I made a spreadsheet of all the playable characters. Quite autistic of me, I know. You can get it here, if you're into that sort of thing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByzCv9bdhqUVVXJvdmVTMHZ5QUU/edit?pref=2&pli=1 I also made a Hero Card template, I can upload the PSD somewhere if there's any interest.
>>
>>48078758
doublty so.
the rules are optional for competitive play and campaigns.
also >>48078772
why would you taste it?
>>
>>48078758
The base rules will be free, the general's handbook adds a bunch of scenarios and blahblahblah.

The Chaos alliance book adds a bunch of battalion options, the new Skryre stuff, and it was about 40 CAD, so I'm guessing it'll be about the same price for the competitive aspect of the game, which they will stress as completely optional.
>>
>>48078854
book prices are out. It's 20 euro/15 britbongies/25 USD.
its a great price actually, the thing is stuffed with content.
>>
>>48078852
I lick my brush to straighten the bristles.
>>
>>48078964
You fucking degenerate.
you sure like licking em, uh?
Those poor, innocent brushes.
You should be put in jail.
>>
>>48078964
I take it you also lick Windows ya weirdo!!
>>
>>48078903
especially considering how much the 40k codexes are, i completely agree
>>
>>48078563
So? Played a 40 Wound game last week with Ogors as my opponent. He put down 7 models. Tyrant, Stonehorn, 5 Ironguts. There.
The tiny model count is like half the appeal of Ogres, WHFB or AoS.

>>48078605
Non-existent ranged game, FUN* magic, ded 'ard infantry, unreliable but potentially devastating cavalry and the fucking hugest monster mount I've ever seen.
As their own force they work out perfectly. If you focus on Brutes and ignore 'ardboys you can even get a reasonably small model count army. Like, Megaboss on Maw-Krusha, 2 units of Brutes and either of the support Heros and you're at the 1000 point mark.

>>48078758
Just in case you're asking seriously: The latter. Matched Play is a completely optional part of the game you do not have to use. It is meant for tournaments, not meant for casual, "let's put some models on the table and just have fun" games.
And even then, the book is actually quite cheap for how big it is. I think if you printed a pdf of it in full color, it'd be more expensive than buying that book.
>>
>>48077036
We should meet up and play some AoS or something then.

Both Fairfax and Springfield GWs are great, but they're both tiny holes in the wall. I can't decide which one I like better, but the Fairfax one is a little closer to me so I go there more often.
>>
>>48078964
>der style pot-bellied bow legged orcs.
>is there enough there for a small but fun/interesting force?
I prefer suckling on them while painting with another brush. Works like a charm and doesn't leave much of a aftertaste.
>>
So Drycha is the spirit of an elf from the world that was. Any speculation on who she might have been? Or is she merely a nobody?
>>
>>48079111
I don't have an army is the problem, Anon. If anything I'd just be going in there to buy a sourcebook/listen to the advice of the managers on what game to pursue.

I've always been a fan of the Lizardmen in Fantasy Battle, though so if we ever do meet up somehow, I'll be playing Seraphon (hopefully).

May go in tomorrow just to scope it out.
>>
>>48079165
Surprise, surprise, Drycha was, who'da guessed, Drycha. I know, that's hard to take in, but that's how it is.
>>
>>48079168
In that case, asking for an intro game is the best idea. Only issue is that when I went, AoS wasn't really popular in either location let alone VA itself.

I'd give you one myself, but I'm honestly in eternal sprue hell with my armies, save for my main one.

There's apparently a huge, elitist 9th Age group at The Island Games and Victory comics sometimes has AOS games, but I've never seen one with my own eyes.
>>
>>48079230

Whelp silly me I know next to nothing about the wood elves from WHF. I should have really just googled it first I guess.
>>
>>48079300
That's depressing, I guess. I mean, I kind of figured that AoS wasn't popular in VA but I really don't want to waste my money and time on a game nobody but us two will play that aren't elitists.
>>
>>48078816
I think the OP has an imgur link to all the app heroes that I shooped and posted a few months back, I also have a few homebrew guys I've made if anyone is interested
>>
>>48079432
Check out the GWs for yourself. I know that the Fairfax one is trying to drum up support for campaigns.

I plan to play in the summer of war (once I get my tomb kings up to par) on Saturdays, if that means anything.
>>
Who are you guys playing for in the campaign?
Im gonna try to wrck those fucking cities down to the ground with chaos.
the landue belonged to nurgle so-
fuck trees
fuck stormcasts
fuck alarielle
>>
>>48079499

So it does, I have wasted several hours of my life!
>>
>>48079765
>fuck Alarielle
If only
>>
>>48079769
Nothing wrong with that anon, look at the board we're on haha!
>>
>>48079765
I have played slaanesh for five months so I am gonna go back to an old project: my sylvaneth force
will buy some of the new units and paint everything as quick as I can to protect my forests from nurgle scum
>>
>>48079803

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy inputting stats for fictional beings into spreadsheets
>>
File: image.png (416 KB, 399x484) Image search: [Google]
image.png
416 KB, 399x484
>>48079881
AAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHA
>>
>>48079765

i was gonna join the chaos side with khorne but then something drew me to the ironjawz.

Ima gonna smash y'all up good an stuff
>>
>>48079881
Mfw:>>48079967
>>
>>48079967
REMOVE
>>
>>48079881

Any of you guys have good Daemonettes proxies ? I ordered a box of official GW Daemonettes but I wish I had some sexier ones because I'm a horrible mysoginist or something.
>>
File: image.png (388 KB, 399x485) Image search: [Google]
image.png
388 KB, 399x485
>>48079999
Your quads cannot weaken us anon. We will rot-wither the land for the great corruptor!
>>
>>48079881
>can to protect my forests from nurgle scum
Its fucking on, treebitch
>>48079977
all this betrayers of chaos disturbs me
even tho, I just doin't want order to win.
i want the whole realmgates wars in the realm of life beign rendered useless and the cities burned to ash.
>>
>>48079963
I know how that is haha, kinda sad that i'm done shooping those guys it was fun to do especially after my brain dead job!
>>
File: beastmenshaman.jpg (60 KB, 428x768) Image search: [Google]
beastmenshaman.jpg
60 KB, 428x768
Beastmen Start Collecting! when lads?
>>
>>48080100
when beastmen become relevant
never
e
v
e
r
>>
File: new order artifact.jpg (7 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
new order artifact.jpg
7 KB, 299x168
>>48080039
quads are the blessing of alarielle. they give me the strenght to bash you chaos fiends and save our glorious realm
>>
>>48079720
Well I mean, I've always been a FB faggot since I was like 10 years old and I got a World of Warhammer book with the old Warhammerquest art inside of it.

I've always loved Tomb Kings/Nagash and Skaven+Lizardmen. I'm a faggot.

But I'll definitely check out the Fairfax store probably tomorrow since I'd wager they're closed on the fourth. If you see me, I'll be the fat guy with a goatee and a hippy haircut.
>>
So I'm assuming that since atm I'm using the pestilens alliegance and using plague monks and censer bearers as battle lines, I don't get any artifacts, command abilities, or command traits?
>>
>>48080556
>>
>>48078331
seems it's changing...hopefully
>>
>>48080937
Maybe
>>
>>48080153

Haven't been Sq!

.... yet
>>
>>48080556
Not until GW releases something for the older Battletomes, yes. And I fucking hope they will.
>>
>>48079088
>>48078695
thanks, I think I finally may dip my toes into AoS with the ironjaws and the new generals book.
>>
>>48081604
Play skaven
>>
>>48081660

Skaven is for edgy faggots who want to be chaos hipsters and do meme speak all the time.
>>
>>48081692
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>48076878
I actually had a nifty idea about how to incoperate more Chaos god aligned units to my army. So basically, R8 my fluff:

In the court of Tersua, lord Hängren had four children, of which he promised to them a portion of the Kingdom when he passed. However, upon agreeing to the Pact of Truth, by which he declared that Chaos was the only true power, the twisting influence of the pact began to be invoked. His Children each had their own opinion on the actions of their father. But, in order to protect them from the powers of the dark gods, he has kept the direct dealings with them to himself. Yet even now, their influence is felt.

The first of the kings sons and the eldest of all his children, Rhurdug the Pure, was in disbelief at his fathers decision. He was Moritfied, in knowing that by now swearing fealty to his father, he swore fealty to the darkgods. He retreated into his despair, establishing his lordship in his families ruined manor, and the town of Boggerd, the eldest in the empire and current capital. While his brothers and sister pursue their own agenda, it is through his grim and monotonous determination that the beauracratic

Lord Tyran, third eldest, grew frustrated and angered by his fathers weakness, took the army of the realm, and has begun to take his fury out on the surronding neighbors and other chaos lords. He has made impressive gains, and has led the army to even greater glories.. Yet, his rage lingers on, unsaited by his victories. Indeed, only time will tell of he will gain control over his hatred, or if he will be consumed.
>>
>>48081807

The last of the brothers, Darling child of the king and beloved of the people, is Torväld the Hero. Youngest of the princes, he has garnered a reputation as a champion of the people, and has crept his way into the hearts of the nobility and Church. He is the first to marry, and is known for his legendary revelries, with both poor and rich. His bride, however, is a mysterious outsider from beyond. Further more, he is the only child who encouraged his father to make the pact, and has fully embraced the benefits that have arose. He arose his new, splendid mansion from the former temple to Sigmar. In its formerly hollowed halls, it is said that the Celebration of the Pact still parties on, despite the many months its been.

Finally, the last of the siblings and second oldest, Princess Sivessa was dark, distant, and most of all, eurdite. When the pact was made, Sivessa was placed under his Majesty's royal advisors protection amd tutelage. Learning with a frightening speed, beyond what was considered proper from a girl of her stature, she soon outpaced her teachers in knowledge, and took the Academy under her wing as her private library, laboratory, and study. It was through such tenious study and research did she awaken the mystical powers within her, along with producing wonderous new weapons and inventions. However, past her cold, icy demeanor, she is surprisingly close to Lord Tyran. Infact, it is even said that when his cherished sister is near, his rage abides. What is known, however, is that she often follows him, offering her wonderous powers to his disposal.

The army of the kingdom takes a core of former knights, now Warriors bedecked in the sigils of chaos. Most of the time, they are lead by Tyran, with support of Sivessa in the form of magic, but on occassion Rhurdag may lead his followers on a audit, or Torväld may call for a rampant crusade, leading a thunderous party across the realm.
>>
>>48081931
The king himself is mostly to pre-occupied, leading a inner circle of spies and advisors, secretly following the will of the gods. However, it is said that he has grown ill in recent times, and it comes at no worse a time. Sigmar has returned, and reports of a golden army of warriors making their way to the kingdom frow ever more frequent. The King has been quiet, and like his many trustees, he has grown to cloaking himself in robes, hiding his form from the people. It has been ages since they've seen him, and his rule grows ever stranger and insidious. Rumors of hidden weapons, secret tunnels, and a strange ally he intends to use to fight Sigmar and his army. But even Rhurdug, desperate in his loyalty, grows weary of his decrees, and the siblings begin to wonder what to make of this bizzare situation...
>>
>>48075438
I have only played a handful of games with the new rules for Pitched Battles but so far it seems like Slann are still very good and definitely worth running.

The constellation buff is great; +1 casting or Hit1RR are both amazing buffs.

Surprisingly good melee attacks. One of my games came down to the wire and I was forced to charge my Slann into a Tzeentch Daemon Prince and I ended up killing him.

Being able to cast both Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield with the Slann lets you use the Starpriest and Starseer unique spells more, and they are both very good. Stacking Summon Starlight and Mystic Shield can turn any unit into a tanky one. Slap them both on a Sunblood or Scarveteran on Carnosaur and your enemy will have a very hard time taking them down.

The unique spell Light of the Heavens is not very good but the Slann are worth their points even if they only ever cast the generic spells, but being able to hold points in reserve and suddenly drop a bunch of Salamanders to shoot at a heavily armored unit or a squad of skinks to stop an important charge is incredible.

Once they add unique artefacts, arcane treasures, and a spell lore then you can expect Slann to get even more valuable.
>>
>>48077581
2k is the standard

1k is more like a small skirmish game (you'll get about 4-6 units)
>>
>>48078758
The points will be added to warscrolls in the app but there has been no mention of putting the rules for Matched Play/Pitch Battles for free.
>>
>>48081982
For the Hero's, I plan to use this for the four siblings:

Rhurdug: Chaos lord with Mark of nurgle
Tyran: Exalted Hero of Chaos
Torväld: Chaos lord of Slaanesh
Sivessa: Tzneetchian Sorcerer
>>
>>48081692
I take it you get beat by skaven a lot and you just choose not to change your strat
>>
Has anyone noticed how unbalanced some of the path to glory tables are? Just compare Stormcast and Sylvaneth.

Stormcast infantry table all has options for 10 liberators
Mounted is 1: 5 gryph-hounds, 2-5: 2 dracoth riders 6: drakesworn templers.
Hero options are 6 assorted heroes.
General options are: Lord-celestant on foot + 7, drakoth + 6 or stardrake + 5.

Sylvaneth infantry is 1-3: 5 dryads, 4: 5 revenants, 5: 5 spite revenants, 6: 3 kunoth hunters.
Hero is 1-2: branchwraith, 3-4 branchwych, 5-6 treelord.
General options are wraith/wych + 6 or Treelord anchient/durthu + 4

Am I missing something? I was really looking forward to path to glory with sylvaneth but the tables are just insulting. 5 drayds really?
>>
While we're on the Seraphon, I'm contemplating colorscheme. Don't know whether to go unified or make things vary by species/group. Was thinking of doing a dirty white + purple or blue scales for the Saurus at least.
>>
File: xix1bqse.jpg (109 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
xix1bqse.jpg
109 KB, 600x620
Much better with pupils
>>
>>48082448
Why does no one do traditional green dinos?
>>
>>48082615
Looks grumpier
>>
>>48079765

what campaign?
>>
I really want to run the Glottkin in AOS, as now I don't need 2,500 pts. to field them.

I was thinking the Glottkin, Festus, and 10 Blightkings would make an incredibly tough, self-healing core. What do you guys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (327 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327 KB, 1000x1000
>>48082750
>>
>>48082626
They'd look better as a muted grey/purple color scheme, but that's just me.
>>
>>48079765
>fuck trees
I want to FUCK a kurnoth. I am also curious as to what the inside of a quiverling would feel like, since they can fit those enormous arrows inside themselves.
>>
File: 100_2357.jpg (386 KB, 1923x700) Image search: [Google]
100_2357.jpg
386 KB, 1923x700
>>48082626
mine are green

my skinks are brown
>>
>>48082615
She looks annoyed. I think I will paint her as delicious brown girl with white hair.
>>
>>48078758

Just wanted to say I was being honest, I genuinely wasn't sure if this was going to be free or not as I heard when AoS came out one of the nice things was it's free rules. £15 is actually a surprise to me, I don't mind paying that at all. I was expecting 30-40 at the least. I can understand that it is seen as optional.
>>
File: SkavenLordSkrolk.jpg (340 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
SkavenLordSkrolk.jpg
340 KB, 682x1024
>>48078746
He wants YOU Anon.

For his army.

All shall wither and rot in the name of the one true aspect.
>>
>>48082937
probably not good.
Would be like puting your dick in a treehole.
>>48082792
tough. Blightkings nemesis is the lack of rend. festus takes care of that nicely.
>>
>>48082964
>>48082615
This, she's literally a brown elf.
Especially with those muscular thighs.
>>
>>48083023
i REALLY hope he gets a new centerpiece model.
His old model kinda sucked.
always loved his fluff anyay.
>>
>>48083023
>Implying Skaven arent a sideshow to Chaos
>>
>>48083054
arrows are delicate

It's probably like warm, soft moss.
>>
>>48082626
Don't like the purple grey dinos personally. I like my dinos with blues reds blacks yellows greens oranges. Save the purple for the slan.
>>
>>48075620
>>48075673
>Probably just artistic license based on warhawks.
Could be. These days artists are generally briefed to only paint stuff you can build with the kits though.
>>
>>48082958
Great job, anon!
>>
>>48078735
Watcha call it... Bird Sand?
Stuff you put in the cages as litter from a pet store. Usually beach sand with crushed bits of seashells in it giving it a bit of a mixed texture.
At least that is what they used to use back in the day.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hey /tg/, the more I look at my sample monks, the more I feel like I fucked up the highlights (don't tell me to thin more, we're working on that).
>>
>>48083235
You need to thin your paints, m8. But I'd say for the highlights look for the raised pieces of cloth on the cloaks after you gloss them and apply lightly.
>>
>>48083156
that's an old image, I just haven't done anything with my lizards in a long time
>>
File: tree-revenant vs headbangers.jpg (150 KB, 1585x565) Image search: [Google]
tree-revenant vs headbangers.jpg
150 KB, 1585x565
Did anybody else feel reminded of this or is it just me?
>>
>>48083259
Yeah, I guess. I just feel my colour is off. The monk on the left was my first attempt at highlights (on a monk) and the left is a more recent example with thinner lines. Is the improvement visible?
>>
>>48083325
Now that ya mention it... Kek
>>
>>48083325
Those guys look fucking cool

The only wood elf models i've ever liked the look of, damn.
>>
>>48083235
Not bad but I think you need to brighten up the cloaks a bit with another coat of green after the wash then apply the highlights. Looks like the wash was a little heavy.
>>
>>48074862
So, should I take the plunge and buy the Start Collecting!: Slaves of darkness? Is it any good?
>>
Rules question, does the nurgle daemon fnp work against wounds or the damage caused by wounds. Basically does my opponent get 1 save or multiple saves
>>
>>48083412
So what I'm doing atm is I'm going castellion base, earthshade wash, straken coat, EARTHSHADE, then Nurgling highlights.
>>
>>48083413
Dont get them. Get any other box.
>>
>>48083413

pretty solid deal
>>
>>48083413
You'll regret it. Start off with an army that has a proper battletome and fun mechanics or you'll get bored of it fairly quickly
>>
>>48083449
Except the fact that the wizard is the only thing worth taking in the box
>>
>>48083496
chaos warriors and knights aren't the worst units in the game
>>
>>48083413
Chaos has superior versions of almost everything in that box.
Chosen are better than warriors
varanguard are better than knights
Chariots are kinda derpy.
>>
I am reading the new Sylvaneth stories. Good stuff so far but I need some fey music to put me in the atmposhpere for immersion sake.

You guys got any suggestions?
>>
>>48083437
Yeah I'd try hitting it with a straken again after the second earthshade. But you just want to make sure you avoid the areas where the earthshade has pooled, just kind hit the main raised areas. Then highlight the edges with nurgling. That should give you a little better gradient from dark to light and not as drastic as it is now.
>>
>>48083413
>>48083445
>>48083472
>>48083496
Lies.
Chaos warriors are incrediby solid because they are extremely versatile and can be buffed beyond the extreme.
You can adapt them for any playstile depending on the keywords and the heroes you give them and they will still perform good.
>>48083523
check the points, m8. Now having less powerful units is a lot more rewarding points wise when properly played.
>>48083538
Eluveite are a MUST
Folkstone are awesome too
anyting folk metal is fine
>>
>>48083538
enya?
>>
>>48083549
So should I try it now on one of these two? I could just go over the Nurgling or even around it.
>>
>>48083562
Chaos warriors are literally just a stat template and a body. They really aren't fun or rewarding to play unlike a lot of units coming out now. "Buff and run at enemy" won't really be fun if you see the armies you play against have fun and tactical abilities on a lot of their units. They aren't bad point for point, but they don't really DO anything.
>>
>>48083568

Open slacker radio, search for enigma, play channel. Bunch of bands will crop up with nature themed music.
>>
>>48083598
With khorne keyword, they become great attack machine because you can buff them with bloodsecrators and skullgrinder for a lot of extra attacks;
they become EXTREELY tanky due to rerollable saves if paired with a tzeenchian warshrine;
they can become faster with slaanesh mark using both warsrhine to move fast and the lord of slaanesh to hit twice; etc.
They are literally a blank state you can mold however you want.
They are THE averag warrior, the BnB itself; making an entire army out of them might be excessive, but fielding one unit or two not only doesn't hurt, but it may be pretty effective.
>>
>>48083593
Yeah, I'd give it a shot. You might have to touch up the highlights but a thin straken layer should look pretty nice.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48083673
Also got some like this (pre second wash)
>>
>>48083445
But I like the Warriors and Chariot, along with their lore of being badass vikings.

>>48083449
From a money standpoint, definetly.

>>48083472
Could you give me some more examples? Like, in Start collecting box sets as well? It just seems like the best amount of minis to money, while also having cool minis. Besides, pretty much all chaos armys play the same, right?

>>48083523
Varanguard are pricey, and Chosen are still finecrap. Can't I just run them as proxies?

>>48083562
I was hoping for a tough as nails melee army, thats not afraid to get up and close. I plan to run them with a hero representing each Chaos god when ever possible.

>>48083598
What are some fun and tactical armies in your opinion? I havent bought them yet, and Im still looking to start a new army.
>>
>>48083813
Seraphon are pretty tough to kill due their armor beign unrendable by most.
Nurgle units also tend to be pretty hard to kill.
Chaos warriors general is a great malleable army. You want tough units? you have them. Hard hitters? Check.
You can mix n match from every chaos god so you can have dedicated units(fast units, tanks, hitters, etc).
the start collecting chaos is actually one REAL start collecting. It gives you a small army to begin with wich you can later expand to your liking.
After the start collecting youd want:
A warshrine. No matter what, this baby can buff your units to the extreme, deal some good damage and beign extremely bulky.
Another chariot. these babies are good but works better when ran in units of 2-3.

another battleline/infantry units:
It can either be another chaos warriors unit or some more specialized unit. Nothing stops you from using chaos demons(in units of 20)to add either speed(slaanesh), tankiness(nurgle), raw power(khorne)or shooting(tzeench).
You can also expand with models from the whole chaos range.
But first, take this(its really a good start)and play a few games to understand what you really want and what works for you and what doesn't.
>>
File: oh-my-god.jpg (51 KB, 551x436) Image search: [Google]
oh-my-god.jpg
51 KB, 551x436
>>48083325
The mods I could do with those hairs....
>>
File: 1466911754972.gif (503 KB, 334x286) Image search: [Google]
1466911754972.gif
503 KB, 334x286
>>48083325
Guys
GUYS
>Realm of Metal
>Realm of METAL
>A game about organizing a group of rock warriors into rebelling against a demon overlord
I think I smell a homebrew duradin hold
>>
Hey, is there a light green base colour?
>>
>>48083994
Well, Like i've said, Warriors seem like a fun army to play. Like the above person said, are chosen any good? What about the varanguard?
>>
>>48084100
Chosen are extremely good, plus when they kill something you get a free wound reroll with a nearby unit.
point is, you get 5 for the same cost of 10 warriors, so you must make a good use of them.

Varanguard is ridicolously strong.
They are probably the strongest unit of chaos-but you won't field many of them. Thy cost a LOT-don't have the scans with me so i don't remember much but, yeah, they are THE elite unit.
Move fast, hit hard, won't die easily.
>>
>>48084231
Alright, well here's a few more questions: How well do Harpies fair? Are they any good at all?
Also, what would be the best way to run a Chaos undevided list, without using the Everchosen? And how necessary are hell cannons? I know that chaos really lacks ranged weaponry.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Ok, so I just dida second straken over the second wash. Went as light and thin with my paint as possible.
>>
>>48078580
Second this, I'm Smashing dudes but it's hard with no Commander, will post pic of my skarbrand soon
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Here's the first bit of highlights
>>
>>48084815
That's looking really nice anon! Keep up the good work, thinning paints is the most important thing.
>>
>>48083413
It also has the most points/$ value of all of the start collecting boxes (if built as shown).
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48084864
Look finished?
>>
Playing with options.

>Slann Starmaster (260)
>Eternity Warden (140)
>Astrolith Bearer (160)
>Starpriest (100)
Eternal Starhost (80)
Shadowstrike Starhost (120)
>10x Saurus Guard (200)
>5x Saurus Guard (100)
>5x Saurus Guard (100)
>5x Chameleon Skinks (120)
>5x Chameleon Skinks (120)
>3x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
>Bastiladon (300)
=1940 pts
>>
>>48085074
I really don't like MSU in this game. Though the chameleons can get around it, it's usually just mortal wound bait.
>>
80's van airbrush art: the game
>>
>>48085173

Battleline feels like such a tax, haha.
>>
>>48085338
I'm planning on running 20 guard, 10 cavalry at 2k. Probably just a minimum squad of skinks for the third.
>>
>>48082128
Trying to fit in all chaos gods works with a 2500+ point army. Otherwise you can't get things that synergize properly. The fluff is nice, but keep in mind where you will stand when it comes to playing casual vs playing competitive.

What I like though, is that with this fluff, you could have a large army at home that you can constantly work on, and field a competitive section of it, whenever you need to
>>
>>48084377
I play with a guy who's list looks like this:
-Archaon the Ever chosen
-2 hellcannons
-2x 5 chosen of Chaos
-Aspiring Deathbringer
-Bloodsecretor
-Mutalith Vortex Beast

I ALWAYS focus down the hellcannons. They can dish out 2d6 mortal wounds per turn each... then I have to turn on Archaon, while outmaneuvering the rest of his army. The 48" range really hurts. I've never seen harpies fielded though.

Last thing, chaos undivided has had problems because warhammer works because of synergy. Having 4 completely different aspects in one army meshes well when you have the room to include all key components for each army, so high point games. It's hard to play, but fun when you can pull it off
>>
I never played Fantasy, and Sigmar really doesn't interest me as a setting but

Those Sylvaneth look utterly stunning and i'm interested in how they play. Is there a 40k army that you could say plays similar to them?
>>
>>48085781
Up until now they have had barely any shooting. Durthu, one of their big tree dudes, has a teleport ability using the sylvaneth forest as a three way wormhole, which he can move. Most of your army's gameplay revolved around using the forests to your advantage, although I've never seen the new models in combat.
>>
>>48085781
I also should mention I've never played 40k, so I have no idea what army would be similar.
>>
Hear something about a Tzeench release in the old thread
There anything to support this, and if so any ideas how soon? Been aching to play a proper tzeench army for years now
>>
>>48085945
>>48085957
Is terrain a big deal in AoS then?
Personally i hated the sigmar model range, but those tree people are 9/10 quality models
>>
1000 points of fyreslayers
Bringing the FIRE

Runemaster - General
80 pts
Runesmither
100 pts

Battleline
Auric Heathguard x20
400 pts
Auric Heathguard x10
200 pts
Auric Heathguard x10
200 pts

Runesmither deep strikes with the 20 dudes
First attempt at list, hows it look?
>>
>>48085501
Thats what I was thinking, to be honest. I could start with a small section of the army, and build new parts of it as I play. And when I need a huge Army, I can roll out all of the siblings at once, to represent the combined mught of the kingdom. And when its just one, it could be reasoned that it is only the ones buisness. I think I'll start with Tyran's army, along with a few of Sivessa and her acolytes.

>>48085716
I guess what Ill end up doing us running one or two in small games, before building up to the full scale 4. I think that if I limit myself to two Gods per game, Ill be fine.

Harpies, as I look at them, seem like faster versions of furies with a worse effect. At 16" with flying, their speedy, but with 2 attacks on a 4+/4+ doing 1 damage, I doubt they'll do much damage.
>>
Anyone else on Android having a problem opening the FAQs and Season of War via the app? Both just endlessly load for me.
>>
Ok, so this is what I was thinking about going with.

Spirit of Durthu - 400
Drycha Hamadreth - 280
Treelord Ancient - 300
Treelord - 260
Branchwraith - 100
Branchwych - 100
Kurnoth Hunters x3 - Bows - 180
Kurnoth Hunters x3 - Bows - 180
Kurnoth Hunters x3 - Scythe - 180
Kurnoth Hunters x3 - Scythe - 180
Dryads x10 - 120
Dryads x10 - 120
Dryads x10 - 120

Total Points - 2520
Price - $680.40

So, is this list legal? I can't remember all the rules atm. Also, anything I should change?
>>
>>48078735
From the various basing kits, most if not all of them come with a selection of slate fragments to use as rocks.
>>
>>48078244
>Those vines
Freud would like a word with the art team
>>
Quick painting question
Nagash comes from an equivilent of africa, so logically he would have a dark skin tone
But in the official paint job his skin is bone white, i get that he's been dead a while, but is that what dark skin looks like after death? And if not what does it look like?
>>
>>48086427
Look at mummies - that could give you a good idea
WE
>>
>>48086427

He's had long exposure to Warpstone, he's been dead for millenia, and that's not even his original body. Roll with it.
>>
File: banana.jpg (58 KB, 436x438) Image search: [Google]
banana.jpg
58 KB, 436x438
Is the 1d4chan 1k list viable?
Treelord Ancient - 300
20 Dryads - 240
5 Tree Revenants - 100
3 Kurnoth Hunters with Bows - 180
3 Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
<> 1000/1000pts
>>
File: nagashcover.jpg (46 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
nagashcover.jpg
46 KB, 488x488
>>48086427
This is official art of mortal Nagash.

Does he look dark toned to you?
>>
File: Nagash Cover.jpg (94 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Nagash Cover.jpg
94 KB, 600x450
>>48086580
And more.
>>
File: Poster-nagash.jpg (87 KB, 549x781) Image search: [Google]
Poster-nagash.jpg
87 KB, 549x781
>>48086591
And a lot more.
>>
>>48086044
Situational. Certain warmachines can fire at targets they cannot see with Arching Shot, but generally it gives a +1 to your saves. The whole unit MUST be within the terrain to gain this benefit, and you cannot gain the +1 if you charged. Melee combat still counts.

Scenery has its own warscroll you get when you buy the GW ones. And you can also assign a keyword to give them an additional effect (boost magic power) (deadly), as seen on the 4page base rules.

Sylvaneth is a prime example of this, with these Wildwoods that you bring to the table as part of your army. They boost almost everything your army does, and hurt enemies who run and charge through them, amongst other things. Cool mechanics imo
>>
>>48086193
Technically gotta drop that 20pts, but there plenty of people who don't care and will match you up or roll out as it is.

The list seems good, but remember to use your Wyldwoods. Id make 3-4, maybe even 5 for the list
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.