[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the Tau are evil brainwashing dictator commies I want this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (553 KB, 800x984) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
553 KB, 800x984
>the Tau are evil brainwashing dictator commies
I want this meme to end

Is anyone else annoyed at GW's desire to make the Tau more grimdark? It felt pretty refreshing to have a friendly race who'd rather negotiate first before sending in the big guns. Sometimes the endless grimdark of each faction gets rather exhausting.
>>
>>48072510
>Is anyone else annoyed at GW's desire to make the Tau more grimdark?
Nah the Tau are kinda boring and need something to spice them up.
Mechs can only go so far
>>
>>48072510

If you wanted something refreshing and different from the 40k grimdark, did you ever try, I dunno, taking a break from 40k and looking somewhere else?
>>
>>48072510
>Tau don't actually have sword arms on their except or farsighted

It's bullshit man

Literally just give it a power glaive profile or w/e, say it replaces the shield generator and is a nod to the close quarters urban combat the Tau increasingly find themselves in against the imperium
>>
>>48072510
Fuck off Taufag. They are already the most boring faction in the game, making them all noblebright on top of it would only make them stick out like a sore thumb even harder.
>>
>>48072510
No, I'm pissed at you stupid newfags who don't even know the entire point of the Tau from the start was to show the fall of a bright new empire into the grimdarkness that consumes everything in 40k. The idea that the Tau were some paradise was always a lie about to be ruptured to expose the rot within.
>>
>>48072553
What this dude said.
>>
>>48072510
GW gave you the ability to play Grimdark Tau or noblebright Tau.

The Empire is Grimdark dominion where the Ethereals control all, while the Enclaves are a noblebright democracy where all are equal.

GW gave you options. Ue them.
>>
>>48072510
Anon, I'm a tau player since their first codex, and they've always been ambiguous, because at the time GW was smart enought to 1) not fill the codex with faction wank and 2) let a bit of mystery in the portrayal so you can have "your dudes".
>Wanted a brigth-eyed commander eager to bring civilization? Possible
>Wanted a mustache twirling expansionist commie that would put Mao to shame? Possible
>Wanted a disgruntled old general rebelling against the empire? Also possible
And as far as I know, all those are still possible.

You know what I'm annoyed with? The "Bigger is Better" stance that makes them use not!titans instead of skimmers or flyers, going against all the faction stood for in its first incarnation. But all factions suffer from this.
That, and the need to insert Tau in every event, while not defeating them because a faction with 20 populated star systems can't really recover from a serious blow. I was fine with my tau minding their business at the eastern fringe, slowly creeping. Nowadays I feel like I'm reading bad sci-fi mecha propaganda.

For a nuanced portrayal of the Tau, I invite people to read the second issue of the Last Chancer trilogy, an excellent book.
>>
Aren't the noblebright and advancing Tau meant to be a metaphor for humanity before the Dark Age of Technology?
>>
>>48072807
Pretty much, they definately mean GW doesn't have to make rules for enclaves of dark age humans anymore.

Also just because the Tau can be noblebright it doesn't mean they're good guys, they are just as xenophobic as the imperium but without the millenia of dogma and reinforcement.
>>
>>48072550
I always thought the Nids were more boring.
>>
>>48072510
>evil
>commies

Oxymoron.
>>
>>48072510

No. Its about time the Tau got into the swing of things.

Anyone else remember the 'cultural exchange' they had with Rakheth? Because I sure do.
>>
>>48072510
True, they are no commies.
They have a perfect caste system, that is the antithesis to communism.

Other than that, they are Apple meets 1984.
Everything seems nice, unless you make a mistake. Then you never existed.
>>
File: img51cb42268a3c2.jpg (277 KB, 1292x576) Image search: [Google]
img51cb42268a3c2.jpg
277 KB, 1292x576
>>48072510
Farsight Enclaves are that way, my man.

If you take wh40k seriously, you really need to rethink your life choices in the first place.
>>
File: Farsight1.png (6 MB, 1538x2048) Image search: [Google]
Farsight1.png
6 MB, 1538x2048
>>48072510

But they are Shas, you haven't seen what he has seen. He knows the truth and is the future.

"Each must find their own way. If those in our heartland had witnessed the savageries of the void as have we they would know this. The hand of each of the starfarers is turned against the other; none will join their strength together just to see their ancient enemies prosper. Neither should we."
>>
>>48072510
I was always under the impression that the battlesuit opened at the back, rather than the front. There's a hatch there, after all.
>>
File: Lenin.jpg (536 KB, 880x1160) Image search: [Google]
Lenin.jpg
536 KB, 880x1160
>>48072533
This.
Plus, it adds some nice friction in between factions of the race since the brainwashing seems to be a kinda secret illuminati thing amongst ethereals (and are those even proper Tau??? ehrmegherd the plot thickens). It's not really an TAI LAFULL EBIL argument, it's a nice paraphrase of the optimistic and idealistic empire with secret machiavellian devilmen at the helm.
>>
>>48072510
The tau have always been orwellian style grimdark with a happy face plastered on top of it. The initial release was simply too subtle for the 40k fanbase, which has the collective capacity for understanding subtlety as your average 14 year old.
>>
>>48073271
>those copypasta'd poses
>>
Tau fags and anti tau fags alike seem to have this problem of ignoring the context of the setting, thinking brainwashing/conformity is evilbadwrong.

The imperium literally kills planets off because a tiny minority have fallen to chaos, tau on the other hand max out on re-education to deal with dissent and sterilization when it comes to purging populations; both of those are lawful good paladin moves in comparison.

No where else can you expect an enemy overlord to want you gone but let you live out the rest of your life in peace in the meanwhile.
>>
>>48074200
Even the battle damage on their legs is identical.
>>
>>48074200
Kinda disappointed the big one in the background isn't copypasted and enlarged from those in the foreground.
>>
>>48072553
>>48072560
correct answer
>>
>>48072510
>is anyone else tired of a grimdark setting being grimdark?

no not rly
>>
>>48076189
I kinda am.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.