[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Desired games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 21
File: Moe RPG.jpg (130 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Moe RPG.jpg
130 KB, 700x700
>tfw you'll never run/play that game
What is it, /tg/?
>>
TTGL styled Imperial Knight adventures.
>>
File: these_feels.gif (133 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
these_feels.gif
133 KB, 500x500
A good Pokémon game that closely emulates the feeling of the show.
>won't happen because so few people seem to get the core concepts of Pokémon

A good Adventure Time game thay closely emulates the feeling of the show.
>won't happen because AT seems to only attract total autists

A Dark Souls campaign that uses the fantastic 5e supplement some anon made.
>could potentially happen if I can find one more person for my IRL group

A historic RPG set in 1500s Germany.
>won't happen because I wouldn't be good enough to GM it

My donutsteel game I wrote that's like a weird mashup of Dark Souls and saturday morning cartoons.
>not going to happen because I'm constantly changing the dice mechanics and it's already weird to begin with

A 5e campaign set in my other donutsteel setting.
>could happen, but describing it will probably draw autists and draw derision from actual good players
>>
Probably Eclipse Phase. My group is too firmly set on the Fantasy genre.
>>
>Evangelion Inspired game
The problem is that Adeptus Evangelion is garbage. I wasn't really impressed when I tried to run v2.5, and reading v3 the book is a fucking mess.
>CofD set in a patchwork world made of the different Realms
Hedge, Shadow, Underworld, Astral, etcetera. All jammed together, like Woundgate. A Portal Fantasy type thing where the characters are from the modern world.
>Really just a Portal Fantasy game in general.
It's a fun genre. NOT a game where the players play themselves.
>CofD game inspired by Innistrad and Castlevania and Bloodborne and shit
Just straight up cheesy monster hunting while dressed in high colours and tricorn hats.
>Drakengard inspired game
I was almost in this ages ago, using M&M. It would be fun to get to do it, but I don't know if I care enough to GM it myself.
>A full fantasy CofD homebrew
But that would require I make it first (I like CofD)
>A fantasy game that takes place in a world where murderhoboing is a legitimate profession complete with licensing
I need to finish that setting, although really that's a typical D&D game... but I hate D&D's system.
>.Hack// inspired game where the players are able to switch out their avatars and play different 'characters' in the world and fight a secret evil AI that corrupts and infects computer networks
I would need to homebrew that system so hard.

>>48065032
What are the core concepts of Pokemon?
How do you make Dark Souls work in an RPG? Backtracking and repetition are important parts that can't really be replicated in an RPG. Although Eclipse Phase does have a "you can never really die" thing going on.
>>
File: 1465073578466.png (153 KB, 593x515) Image search: [Google]
1465073578466.png
153 KB, 593x515
That legendary campaign that becomes a best-selling replay which inspires a 13 episode OVA with character designs by Yutaka Izubuchi.
>>
File: Dark-Sun-Psionics-740x360.jpg (189 KB, 740x360) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Sun-Psionics-740x360.jpg
189 KB, 740x360
Dark Sun
>>
>>48065265
The core concepts of Pokémon to me have always been friendship, and the balance between the spirit of competition and the spirit of cooperation. All of that in a light, cheery atmosphere.

Dark Souls doesn't translate perfectly, but the 5e supplement makes it sort of work. When you die, you return to your bonfire and gain hollowing. The higher your hollowing the more likely you are to go full on crazy. They also added a fluid parry/poise system. Repetition is an important part of Dark Souls, but I'd say that it's not 100% necessary to the overall feel.
>>
>>48064823
I never played RuneQuest, only run it.

I also want to run or play Degenesis or The Burning Wheel or Mouse Guard.

I also wish I got to play more board games vidya or traditional
>>
>>48065032
>A historic RPG set in 1500s Germany
I feel this too well.
>>
A game that lasts longer than 5 sessions
>>
File: 1426440077836.png (423 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
1426440077836.png
423 KB, 398x398
>>48064823
Corporate mercenaries using sci-fi tech to invade a fantasy realm for the magical artifacts and monster parts.
>>
File: feel.jpg (49 KB, 523x514) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
49 KB, 523x514
>>48065412
iktfb
>>
File: 1466819938591.jpg (113 KB, 768x971) Image search: [Google]
1466819938591.jpg
113 KB, 768x971
>A Call of Cthulhu style game that isn't full of metagaming players who can't get into immersion in anyway
I've had some good players but there's always someone that fucks it up by just gaming the system with meta knowledge in what is supposed to be a story intensive experience.

>My Mage the Awakening campaign set in and around the London Underground
The few people I have that even like WoD/CofD have a huge hard on for Mage the Ascension. Which I can understand but it doesn't fit the aesthetic I'm going for as well...

>A fantasy heist campaign with political intrigue and lots of careful planning
None of my players are clever enough. Which sounds pretentious but I mean they really don't have patience and prefer violence as plan A and diplomacy/stealth as plan Z.

>Continuum
I love the concept. But its just not a good system and I will never be able to motivate anyone to subject themselves to the thought exercise. Also the same problems as the above game.

>My D&D game of several party stories coming together Avengers Style
I got each group to play through their arc and each of them learned one part of the larger picture but I'll never get their schedules to all line up properly for the finale chapter

>A rotating GM group
We've talked about it for a long time and figured out how it would work but no one else is as comfortable GMing as I am so there is a lot of hesitation from the group now. And deciding on a setting everyone knows and likes to make adventures in is a fools errand all itself.
>>
>>48064823
Mechs fighting lovecraftian Kaiju in the afterlife-sorta. Literally never going to happen because there's no mecha system rules-light enough to not bore my players to death.
>>
>>48064823
I want a copy of Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Shadowrun, and ShatterZone.
By brother has a copy of ShatterZone, but it's still not mine.
>>
>>48065401
>>48065032
I've debated making a setting that's a pastiche of Treaty of Westphalia-era Germany.

>>48064823
>Run
Terra Primate and/or All Flesh Must Be Eaten fantasy game. Tried to run it in college but tests stopped me from actually doing so.

A DCA game set in a custom Earth-3 (reversed morality universe). It would have been different, with less of a straight mirror morality and more of a moral ambiguity. I had some notes but they were on an external HD that's now bjorked.

A Funnel World one-shot.
>>
>>48065032
>mashup of dark souls and saturday morning cartoons
.....tell me more
>>
>>48065271
my biafran askari!
>>
>>48064823
GURPS. It checks all the boxes of a game system I want to play and run, but everyone I know doesn't want to experiment beyond D&D 5e.
>>
>>48065032
>AT seems to only attract total autists
The worst part is that the show is actually pretty well written, but probably the only people who are dedicated to the show enough to run a campaign in it are autists. Although, if you do it well, it sounds like it could actually be a pretty fun campaign.
>>
>>48065412
>A game that lasts longer than two sessions.

I need less flaky friends.
>>
>>48066015
I think it's because GURPS just gets a really bad rap for to real reason. Even on /tg/ people complain about it being a "physics simulator" that requires a "science degree" to understand.
I think that the meme originates from overconfident DMs not taking the time to judiciously select what rules are being used leading to clusterfucks.
>>
>>48065032
>>48065373
>A good Pokémon game that closely emulates the feeling of the show.
Have you tried Pokerole? I have tried it and it feels a lot inspired by the anime.
>>
File: QdXuyC4 - Imgur.jpg (540 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
QdXuyC4 - Imgur.jpg
540 KB, 1600x1200
>>48064823
ACKS
>go from level zero loser to max level hero
>meet lots of henchmen buddies along the way
>accrue scars and injuries
>slowly build up kingdoms from scratch
>have power that extends far beyond the reach of my PC's sword
>form a lasting legacy and have a real impact on the game world
>not remembered as "that murderhobo who killed 50 demons before dying"
>>
>>48065401
>>48065032

Getting ready to get my ass kicked but what's so interesting about 1500's germany?
>>
>>48065793
>>A fantasy heist campaign with political intrigue and lots of careful planning
Have you read Mistborn? The first book is literally meant to be a fantasy Oceans Eleven.

>>48066066
>>48066015
I don't think GURPS is too complicated (it is certainly complicated and most of that complexity is front loaded in chargen, which makes it worse), but it's kind of a bland system in my experience. You have to REALLY be good at it to change the gamefeel.
>>
>>48066479
Germany from the 1500's or so into the 1600's was basically the clusterfuck to end all clusterfucks. Someone a little more familiar than me could tell you more, but I'll just say 30 Years' War, and leave it at that.
>>
A Black Crusade game that:
1. Lasts longer than two sessions
2. Has people willing to work together rather than backstab each other
3. Isn't pure stat-wankery

An All-Dragons D&D game that:
1. Is largely RP-based
2. Same as #2 above
3. Isn't ruined by furfags/ERP
>>
>>48064823
Aria: Canticle of the Monomyth
>>
>>48064823
Something I would love to play/run would be a Rouge trader game with the only major plot being that the house owes back taxes and the IRS branch of the inquisition is getting antsy
>>
i have this idea for a numenera game that heavily features time travel. at the beginning of the game, all of the PCs get arrested by some local king and are set to be executed for attempted murder, with none of them having ever met each other before or knowing what the hell is going on. eventually adventures happen and they find a time machine and it flies out of control throughout time and space, and it turns out the 'attempted murder' was them nearly crashing into the lord at some point in the past with this time machine, then zooping on out of there to some other time.

i put a decent amount of work into everything but nobody in my group wants to play numenera and im afraid of disappointing (or even DMing for) strangers :(
>>
File: 1459424885121.jpg (243 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1459424885121.jpg
243 KB, 900x900
>tfw you will never get your old 5 year long group back to play in the same world but now 100 years in the future to see how there decisions formed the world
>>
File: IMG_0325.jpg (228 KB, 500x744) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0325.jpg
228 KB, 500x744
I have a homebrew campaign I've always wanted to run with the setting of Tales of the Abyss, the Villains of Wakfu and FFXII, and the story of Radiant Historia. I just love the way prophecy, predestination, and time travel can interact with each other. But I'll never find the right group for it.

Yeah, I'm a huge Weeb.
>>
Ringworld: Underdark Edition
>>
File: Screenshot_20160429-193802.jpg (1 MB, 1424x2206) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160429-193802.jpg
1 MB, 1424x2206
>>48065976
Here's a screenshot of an early concept I pitched to /wbg/
>>
>>48067213
I'm in the same boat anon. Which sucks since the last thing the party did was use blasting powder to drop a major trade hub into the sea and murder the soul of a lich who kept fucking with them.

Considering one of them betrayed the others and became the next BBEG, I'm really fucking pissed we're so busy these days with jobs and family. Was an excellent campaign.
>>
>>48067716
I want this so badly. So badly it fucking hurts.
>>
>>48067151
>3. Isn't pure stat-wankery
To fix this, explain to people that Warhammer's system assumes that most actions will have equipment or circumstance modifiers, so they don't need to minmax to get 70 in a stat out of the gate.
>>
File: Dan Backslide.png (357 KB, 670x420) Image search: [Google]
Dan Backslide.png
357 KB, 670x420
>>48064823
I actually have a personal list of 'games based on X I need to run in my lifetime'.
I know I'm a shitter with garbage taste, but apparently people love my DMing.

Games I am running or have already run:
>RPG Cliche Rundown Game
>Bravely Default Game
>Rokugan/Weeb Game
>Kingmaker (not the Pathfinder AP, really deciding who the future King is)
>Fables Game

Games I've run but deserve a revisit/do-over:
>Zombie Apocalypse Game
>Fire Emblem Game
>Fallout/Post-Apoc Game

Games I have yet to run:
>Street Fighter/Martial Arts Game
>80's Movie Cliche Rundown Game
>Advance Wars: DoR Game
>Power Rangers Game
>Star Wars/Space Opera Game
>Conan Game
>Indiana Jones Game
>Metal Gear/Tacticool Game
>'nam Game
>World War X Game
>Wild West Game
>Persona/Jojo/Supernatural Mystery Game

My secret of terrible taste deserving of hanging dies with you, /tg/.
>>
>>48066598
Ignore him, read The Lies of Locke Lamora instead.
>>
>>48066479
guys in really fancy dress with huge fucking swords killing guys in fancier dress with really fucking long pikes, all over whether or not to hang jesus on the walls in your churches
>>
>>48067716
Strikes me as more of a Undertale/Dark Souls hybrid than anything else, but I definitely want to see what can be done to the concept.
>>
A 3.5 game in Epic 6 using weeaboo fighting magic and a few other splats in place of core. I know I'm wrong for wanting it, but...
>>
>>48068266
sounds like my kind of party
>>
>>48068255
Or he could read them both.
I actually never really got into Lies. I have trouble reading books unless they grab me within the first few pages.

>>48068212
>>Metal Gear/Tacticool Game
I was thinking about running this, mixed with Jurassic Park. The group would be a FOXHOUND style group sent to a secret DARPA funded research facility on a remote island that was taken over by another group of terrorists. The Terrorists would have let free the cloned dinosaurs, and later in the game they'd face bionic monsters. It would finally culminate in a Metal Gear that's basically a dinosaur Evangelion.
Also the twist is that they were all clones created on the island.

I even started playing around to make a mock up of what the Metal Gear would be like so that I could make it in Blender, but that never happened.
>>
>>48068399
Front view
>>
File: Wiedzmin_gra_wyobrazni.jpg (56 KB, 473x651) Image search: [Google]
Wiedzmin_gra_wyobrazni.jpg
56 KB, 473x651
>>48064823
wiedźmin gra wyobraźni - This is the original Polish-language only RPG that was released for roleplaying in the Witcherverse. Everything I have heard about this game made me want to DM it badly. The system is awesome, simple, fast-playing and fun. It avoids all of my Fantasy RPG pet-peeves, and it's based on my favorite fantasy IP of all time.

The worst part, there was a translation project started this time last year by some Polishfriends on /tg/, only to be abandoned halfway through.

Why u do this Polishfriends? WHY!?!
>>
>>48068399
He probably should read both.
You should really finish Lies, it gets pretty good after the first few chapters.
>>
>Any game ever

I live in the middle of nowhere, have shit-tier Internet (so online games are out), have very few friends, and the only friend who's interested admitted he'd be a That Guy.

>If I played, I'd just kill random villagers
But that would just derail the campaign for no reason and cause lots of problems!
>Yeah, so?

Fuck my life.
>>
>>48065143
I'm running EP and I've grown to hate all of my players AND the system with the strength of a thousand suns in just under four sessions. Only a completely autistic madman and can run it well in its default state, and only for a party that doesn't care much about crunch.

The setting is interesting though, and maybe will work decently under other system.
>>
>>48067789
Its pretty close to being done, I just can't decide whether or not d12+modifiers is a dumb rolling mechanic

>>48068276
I've been told that as well. It's working title is UnderHearts which I realized too late was very close to Undertale (which I have yet to play but sounds wonderful) and thus needs to change.
>>
>>48069205
Why is there this big "D12+mods" push?
>>
>>48069205
You really should. It's quite good. Might I suggest Battlehearts?
>>
>>48068716
Several ply by post sites around the internet. Perhaps not real time, but interactive and use lots of systems.

Less whine, more unfuck your life.
>>
A game where the players must guard and protect a wagon full of usable items. they must debate over using the items in it to solve problems, but if they do they loose out on the reward for delivering the goods.

A game where everyone is merfolk UNDER THE SEA.

A game where I legitimately unsettle and terrify my players.

and Ironclaw. But no one wants to touch it because they are afraid of catching furfaggotry.
>>
>>48067716
I really like this
>>
>>48068212
>Fire Emblem Game

Please tell me more
>>
>>48065417 Use Shadowrun or GURPS.
All Flesh Must Be Eaten might work well ... wit some extensive refluffing, at least.
>>
>>48069738
>A game where the players must guard and protect a wagon full of usable items. they must debate over using the items in it to solve problems, but if they do they loose out on the reward for delivering the goods.
I've thought about doing this too
>>
A serious fire emblem game that emulates the games is what I've always wanted to host. I've run a few sessions of one, but my players were always upset with the perma-death that came along with it, and that you could just reset in the games but you can't in the dnd, so it never really lasts.
>>
>>48069780
>Fire Emblem Game
The original was done in 5e, and didn't get so much done on the 'fantasy war with quirky characters end', so I'd probably get some guys to learn 4e or the game someone made for FE and pit them against a warlord who threatens the region with an iron fist, or a dark magician girl who's the sister of the 'DMPC' female Lord character. I even have a setting prepared, complete with destroyed lineage, badass dark knight and plot relevant weapon.
The only problem is the Lord character taking up too much attention and finding a way to encourage character interaction without it getting creepy.
Could probably be rolled into 80's Movie Cliche Rundown and maybe even Martial Arts.
>You're a group of loose cannons/hardasses rolled together to fight some suspicious terrorists in the 1980s, the leader of which turns out to have supernatural powers (his subordinates may also, but the main enemy must). Attack their secret bases, seduce their (fe)male agents, and generally wreck their shit with CQC, martial arts, and enough firepower to level a small state.
>>
>>48069972
I'd say either let them run more than one character or metaphorically play on Casul Mode so that everyone moves on unless they're TPKed.
I know someone put out a dedicated RPG, but I can't seem to find it among my PDFs. Found Legend, though, which I need to take another look at.
>>
>>48070165
Each of the party members had retainers and NPC soldiers they could recruit on each mission (just like the games.) The only issue I found when I tried casual mode was it just became too easy, and strategy went out the window.

The issue is probably more me being a big baby and not wanting to upset my players, while simultaneously maintaining the feel of the games. Haven't found any good people to play with who don't mind losing a retainer or two on a particularly difficult mission if it comes down to it.
>>
>>48070264
I just had an idea:
Split the campaign into 'Volumes' and have the retainers who are defeated in battle recover between Volumes. They could also just be badly wounded enough to not go back into the fray but not badly enough to be killed off permanently, refusing to go back into battle in case they are actually killed.

I am sad to say it is a matter of what your players are willing to accept in a game. Permadeath is a lot harder to accept than most people think, mostly because 'don't stop the fun with death' is ingrained in gaming culture. I'm a big baby too and don't want to hurt my players' feelings, but sometimes you need to tell them that when the warning flag goes up, they'd damn well better listen to it.
>>
>>48070337
Volumes is actually an idea I might implement, so that they still worry about losing a character, but not perma-death. Either that or I could just look for a new group, I've been dieing to try out the game with other people as well.
>>
>>48069987
That fire emblem game sounds like a lot of fun. Did they also have troops they commanded in battle or was it just the PCs?
>>
>>48070405
They actually had two aides, let me get my notes.
It was actually more centered around fighting a band of assassins, I had planned on developing into the war between kingdoms earlier but that sort of failed.
I could also pitch you the AP idea I had for the 'we be FE now' game that forms as a logical 16-years later extension of this game (which ended two months ago).
>>
>>48070467
God fucking dammit, I think I left it and some other stuff at my LGS, and the last time I went there was like two weeks ago.
Those guys are gonna be mad as hell at me when I ask for it back, because it's not the first time I lost something that big (though the last time was literally years ago).
Oh well, ADVENTURE PATH PITCH GO
>The shadow of the apocalypse falls over the land, taking the form of demons arising from the depths of a mountain lying at the center of the continent.
>It was predicted to take place at this time, but only a few actually took the warnings seriously, passing them off as the average doomsayers.
>The main cause is a young half-drow sorceress who claims to be the avatar of a goddess of darkness, destruction, and magic.
>She takes her sadistic time crushing resistance in the south, and the situation quickly develops into a threat against every plane, not just the material plane.
>With only a limited ability to interfere, the god of war sends his most powerful warrior to face the sorceress.
>The warrior succeeds in cutting off her hand before the sorceress says something that cuts him to the soul, distracting him enough so that she can hurl him across the world.
>His impact is severe enough that even a being of his power is incapacitated as he's knitted back together
>As the sorceress temporarily retreats to recover, a young paladin page barely old enough to be considered a warrior attempts to gather allies among those still courageous enough to face the darkness.
>She carries a sword imbued with divine light and claims that she knows where a legendary warhammer named Defiance, capable of banishing dark gods, is held.
>She's young and inexperienced, but her intentions are pure.
>Let's hope she can stay alive long enough to lead you to this promised treasure.
>>
>>48068791
It doesn't use that much crunch honestly. The biggest what the fuck is REP as a concept probably.
Now head over to Shadowrun and watch the absolute insanity. It's Eclipse Phase dialed up to eleven.
>>
File: 1423153351296.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1429) Image search: [Google]
1423153351296.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1429
Whether it's a rules light game or just a play by post kind of thing, I've always wanted to run a cute little game of pic related, cute girls in a super cheery school setting learning about magic with the most dire consequences being just failing a class or getting detention.

Problem is I'm too new to DMing to make a game like this flow nicely and not become a drag, or find people who would be interested in said setting and not try to fuck with it as much as they can with dark characters.
>>
>>48065032
>A Dark Souls campaign that uses the fantastic 5e supplement some anon made.
Link it, anon.
>>
>>48065032
You're truly obnoxious.
>>
>>48072579
Please explain why, I'd like to know so I won't be obnoxious in the future.
>>
>>48071875
I can't find it on my phone Right now, if you ask in /5eg/ someone will probably link it pretty quick.
>>
>>48064823
I'd like to play in a game where I can create a character with a goal that's limited and reasonably achieveable in scope (retrieve my father's sword, cross the wildlands to reunite with my family, pull together enough money to start my own business), pursue that goal for a few sessions before achieving it, then have that character drop out of the story with their arc complete, and introduce someone new.
>>
A game with long time friends. They just don't like the genre, and I'm forced to play with strangers.
>>
>>48064823
>Wish you could play

1. Pathfinder forgotten realms game during the crown wars. Or the height of myth drannor.

2. GURPS or RQ6 Mongolian campaign, mythic China campaign, mythic Britain campaign.
>>
>>48072813
I know that feel. Currently questing after my ancestral sword rumored to be forged in elven blood and bound with magic in an otherwise low fantasy setting. GM has hinted at its existence a few times, but my character (and i) are starting to despair that it might not actually exist. It's actually really intense and I'm loving it.
>>
Three separate people in my group have bought the three different core books for FFG Star Wars. So far as I can tell, none of them have so much as glanced at them. None of them want to GM it, and when I offer to run it they whine about learning a new system.
It's madness.
>>
>>48068212
a conan game would involve a lot of badwrongfun
>>
>>48075487
>Buy a book
>Don't want to learn it
I'd be more concerned about wasting money on something
>>
With my current group, a game that isn't pathfinder because the literally refuse to play/run anything but
With my old group, 3rd edition of exalted and without the pages of house rolls held over from when we played 2nd edition and the gm doesn't want to read a book.
Princess the hopeful because fuck it I want to play a magical girl game and am bad at convincing people.
>>
>>48076061
>>48075487
>Buy book
>Don't want to run it
>Don't want to play it

I don't understand why they bought it then.

EotE characters start out super pathetic btw. I'd advise giving them at least 100 bonus xp to start, and telling them their non bonus xp can only be spent on attributes.
>>
>>48064823
Log horizon, Alshard fortissimo, Arianrhod.
>Why haven't I don't so: language barriers.

I'm real curious though
>>
>>48068266
Just play Warhammer Fantasy.

>>48064823
My own system, because I will never finish it.
>>
>>48068266
Song of swords?
>>
File: blue_p2.jpg (55 KB, 599x402) Image search: [Google]
blue_p2.jpg
55 KB, 599x402
>ALRIGHT NIGGERS LISTEN UP, CAUSE Y'ALL 'BOUT TO LEARN SOME BLUE PLANET.

Basically it's a semi-hard scifi western set about 200 years in the future with the best setting i've ever seen and some of the most detailed books and material this side of the wormhole. The game is super flexible for what ever type of game-theme you want to run. You wanna be private entrepreneurs scouring the water world of Poseidon for Long John veins and protecting your haul? Wanna be eco-terrorists trying to stop the GEO and the Incorporate states from polluting the pristine world? Wanna be a corporate espionage team? Wanna be a sentient Orca with a torpedo harness?

My group is pretty good and are ok with trying new systems, but I will say this is a bit of a slog to get through unless you're completely enamored like me, so I don't think they'll read the book(s).
>>
Probably my own serious system to be honest. And there is no shortage of players (I am in a weekly TRPG club and have a group of friends who play), it's all about my insane standards and perfectionism.

This rendition of my serious games is currently being revised again, turning it from d100 to d12 (it was originally Dice pool d6) and changing core mechanics such as health and inventory.
Too anal.

At least I've made some one-sheet systems that work pretty well though.

>published games
None, I reckon. I am such a self-centered homebrewer that I rarely even glance at published RPG:s. When I do, I usually end up playing them rather fast, so it's not really an issue.
>>
>>48079004
If you homebrew, you really should do more than glance at published RPGs. You should mentally take apart their mechanics to understand what they do. Also, seriously, >>48069279
>Why is there this big "D12+mods" push?
Why do people on /tg/ always want to use the d12 as the core die so much?
>>
>>48079004
>>48079103
I have read several systems through and through, so it's not that I don't read them. I just read them rather rarely. I do have a strong grasp of mechanics, and I almost never get confused while reading more complex systems. My own perfectionism comes from my very probable OCPD, undiagnosed but currently under examination.

(About d12 systems) Personally, I'm a duodecimal / dozenal creep. I honestly want to make an actually dozenal game, where to understand the numbers you have to think duodecimally.
(My system isn't d12+mods BTW, it's d12 roll under.)
>>
>>48079340
>(My system isn't d12+mods BTW, it's d12 roll under.)
Same diff. /tg/ loves d12s.
I feel that d12 roll under (unless you mean 2d12 roll under) doesn't have enough variance.
>>
Shadowrun, my group is too entrenched in pathfinder. I just want lasers AND magic ok
>>
>>48079757
Why d12? Is it just because no other games give them enough love?
>>
>>48079757
Hell, I've made a system that works on six-shot russian roulette and it worked pretty well, so d12 feels generous to be honest. This is also because I see dice rolls not as "If a character does this thing they always have at least 1/12th of a chance of not succeeding in it", like the character could fail picking up a goddamn spoon. I see dice rolls as being those times in life when failure is always an option. That's why there is the chance of failing.

>>48080113
I stated my reasons on >>48079340, though I do feel they are rather underused implements in RPG:s in general. 12 is also nice and round as a number.
>>
>>48080201
>I see dicerolls as what every roleplaying game says to use dicerolls for.
Okay.
But generally most systems will have you put two numbers together and then use that sum. That means that for a d12 roll under, 12 would be the standard limit. That means that it's much easier to get bonuses that will allow you to succeed no matter what. You don't have as much room to grow, so to speak.
>>
Ars Magica
>>
Some form of a Railgun RPG
>>
>>48080401
Hmm... True.

I implemented this d12 system pretty recently, though, so I gotta figure things out before it makes wholly sense.

... Taking account my nature, it won't last a month. Wouldn't be the first total revision, wouldn't be the last.
>>
Pretty much anything where I'm not the GM/organizer-of-the-fun all the time.
>>
I wish I could get my meatspace friends to play *anything*.
>>
File: 1457044635470.png (92 KB, 295x229) Image search: [Google]
1457044635470.png
92 KB, 295x229
>I will never get to play Scion
>>
>>48080801
1e sucks and 2e isn't out yet. Maybe when 2e drops, you'll be able to do something.
>>
File: 1463895458322.jpg (35 KB, 367x368) Image search: [Google]
1463895458322.jpg
35 KB, 367x368
will never play/run an AD&D spelljammer game

will never play/run an Indiana Jones inspired eberron game (or an eberron game at all really)

I really like my current group but I don't see them ever playing in either of those settings
>>
>tfw I will never run an episodic lighthearted old-school scifi space opera campaign.
>tfw no chromatic space babes and weird ancient tech
>tfw no shady black market deals on some remote space station.
>>
>>48069299
PbP is cancerous and awful, avoid it like the plague
>>
>>48079757
Hmm... That d12anon here, again... I could figure something for implementing a 2d12 system though, that could be interesting.

d12 really is my pet die. I even have 12-sided d4 and 12-sided d6, and my current d12s are rhombic.
>>
>>48065412
A game that doesn't play every week to induce burnout
>it's been years since I played regularly
>played every saturday night for a couple months between Dark Heresy and 4E D&D
>got tired of not being able to hang out with other friends on saturday nights
>dropped from group
>>
>>48065793
>A fantasy heist campaign with political intrigue and lots of careful planning

Something with a Locke Lamora feel? That's something I'd absolutely adore.
>>
Anything that isn't D&D.
>>
>>48082565
>Anything that isn't D&D
Pathfinder?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.