[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WIP - Painting/Sculpting/Converting General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
File: space_marine_painting_johnny.jpg (314 KB, 736x846) Image search: [Google]
space_marine_painting_johnny.jpg
314 KB, 736x846
No WIP thread on /tg/?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
https://mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
https://mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
https://mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
https://mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
http://www.miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
http://pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate, motherfucker
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

>Previous Thread:
>>48035678
>>
File: IMG_20160701_212923.jpg (901 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_212923.jpg
901 KB, 2560x1920
Lads, lads. I'm a fucking genius.

I figured out how to fill slotta bases.
>>
Took pic of the first model I painted and the latest one. Thoughts? I didn't wash the yellow because I wanted it to be bright, but I did wash the black parts (legs/abs) on the new guy. My highlight game is crap tho, can't seem to get those clean lines. And, well fuck, the hand on the new guy needs another wash. And damn that's a lot of white showing through, I thought I'd fixed that. Didn't see it when painting, but dat helmet jawline is messy. Maybe I'm handling the model wrong? I grip it by the part I'm not painting, maybe that's rubbing the dry paint off? Do I just need to not hold the model at all once the paint dries?
>>
>>48063041
Or you could just fill it in with sprue or whatever basing material you are using
>>
File: Baby steps.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Baby steps.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>48063070
Fuck sake here's pic.
>>
Hey mates, I've got a question. Is GW's Imperial Primer any good? It's too hot here to use my Chaos Black spray, so I was wondering if it was any good or not?
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1986x785) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1986x785
Working on a couple of Frostgrave warbands.
>>
File: dready.jpg (44 KB, 415x459) Image search: [Google]
dready.jpg
44 KB, 415x459
Got this Dread painted today, just using old SM models to learn techniques, was working on highlighting this time.

How does it look?
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 2048x1124) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 2048x1124
>>48063144
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 2048x668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 2048x668
>>48063164
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 2048x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 2048x1000
>>48063181
>>
>>48063164

Nice GS work anon.

What plastic kits did you use? Frostgrave one and some Perry?
>>
>>48063070
>>48063102
Yes, your fingers rub the paint. Hold it by the base, or affix the model to something while you paint it.
>>48063041
Nice technique. Whatever works for you is always the best way to do things
>>48063144
>>48063164
>>48063181
>>48063197
Nice greenstuff on the models, but I feel like the base rocks are too flat, like they've been pressed down rather than having any sort of texture to them
However, the beards on a few of them look like they stick out far too much on the face, like they've been plonked on top, rather than growing from the skin
>>
>>48063155
With highlighting, using a single colour all over the model looks a little janky. Try using a brighter colour to highlight on edges that will be touched by light, and a slightly darker highlight on lower edges
>>
>>48063041
Noice
>>
difficult to know what vehicles space marines drive and if they can be converted to some sort of armor equivalent
>>
>>48063248
Thanks. It's Frostgrave soldiers, cultists and Perry Footknights.

>>48063283
Thanks. I kinda wanted the stones to look like busted up pavement rather than just rocks. As for the beards I just decided that they would get hobo beards because it's easier to greenstuff.
>>
>>48063538
If you want busted up pavement, they'll need sharper edges on the sides. the flat on top, rounded corners thing makes them look strange
>>
>>48063516
>difficult to know what vehicles space marines drive and if they can be converted to some sort of armor equivalent

They're gonna drive me ta drinkin' if they don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjfPQnGpIjY
>>
Today I hunkered down and did a bunch of Tau bits from the stripped Fire Warrior pile I had been slowly cleaning up (mould lines and paint bits) for like.... 2-3 months.

At long last, the end is in sight. I mean don't get me wrong I still have a box of pathfinders, stealthsuits and a ghostkeel to clean up but those are new casts and generally have very little mould lines. the stuff I'm cleaning is old-school Fire Warriors, with often a thick mouldline running right down the MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING LEG ARMOUR.

Lots of conversion work to go after, comrades, but it shall be done.
>>
>>48063582
They will look better after I painted them and added vegetation.
>>
File: 20160627_201131.jpg (2 MB, 1470x1810) Image search: [Google]
20160627_201131.jpg
2 MB, 1470x1810
Touched up my dorf hut a bit. Moreso the clan emblem in the stonework.

Need to work on the guard house next.
>>
>>48063868

Looks good anon. Blue foamboard?

Are you the guy with the dwarf drinking hall with LEDs?
>>
>>48063868
Looks cool. Some careful drybrushing with grey on the emblem for highlights would really make it stand out even further.
>>
File: AftStackBefore.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
AftStackBefore.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
More progress on the USS Missouri. This time it is the aft exhaust stack and antenna array.

Pic is basically the standard final look for the model, with the exception that the plastic antenna is not attached.
>>
File: AftStackWip.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
AftStackWip.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48064272
>>
File: AftStackDone.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
AftStackDone.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48064330
damn pictures being sideways
>>
>>48064330
>1/700 scale battleship details

Emperor's Teeth! It's so tiny!
>>
Ok so I'm planning on making my Foot-centric Tau a Jungle/Swamp theme. I want everything to have SOMETHING unique and at varying levels of concealment or survival. Ghostkeel, stealthsuits, shadowsun and the like are covered as they have stealth tech to rely on. The pathfinders I'm thinking of giving ghillie capes. A good balance between nice physical camouflage and not covering up premium model detail with flock.

But what do I give my Fire Warriors? I don't want to give them Ghillie capes as well, otherwise they'd blend in with the pathfinders too much. They're meant to act as the bait for my tactics, providing nice juicy MSU targets. I actually contemplated just fluffing it as they just settle for the colour scheme since their role is to actually attract attention.

I COULD keep it that way but y'know, taking ideas.
>>
>>48064515
Also I actually contemplated painting my Commander in a brown crackled texture to stand for tree bark, give him one of those asian ricepicker hats and have a bush growing out of it and have him pretend to be a tree.
>>
>>48063155

Slap a decal on the shoulders and the empty slab on the left.
>>
>>48064367
why do the shoulders go so high on the epic model? its like they're all hunchbacked marines.
>>
>>48065744
I am guessing it is easier to make them like that.
>>
>>48065744

Probably easier to cast with a fairly flat end instead of a tiny extreme point if the head was above the shoulders.

You need something prominent to make up for the lack of detail at 6mm too. Nice big shoulder pad and rims to get an alternate colour on.
>>
File: 102_4931.jpg (314 KB, 689x684) Image search: [Google]
102_4931.jpg
314 KB, 689x684
Any comments on this before I move on to the next sorcerer?
>>
>>48065954

The mini itself is rad as fuck, but the sultry slave girl seems a weird addition.

Word Bearers are the zealous monastic legion (evil edition). Scantily-clad slaves is more of an Emperor's Children aesthetic choice.
>>
>>48065954
Loving it.
>>
>>48065954
pink hair?

other than this, it looks great
>>
>>48066006
Here's what happened:

I'm doing it for a friend of mine, he wanted to use these chinacast slave girls with this Cyclopia Cabal he's making, and asked me to make one for being on a jump pack or jump pack equivalent. I made it for the most part, putting the sorceror on a tactical wreckage, and added the slave girl on this base as she wouldn't fit with the third one you may see soon, but I was still missing a jump pack, eventually a week later I was given the option to have either a ill fitting jump pack, or these wings here ...
so I put on the wings as it seemed to fit the model more obviously, but with the wings I was tempted to do inscriptions, and then he became a word bearer than the possible Emperor's child or other more appropriate legion. At least in this pose he looks like he's more protecting her as she was backing off from the main battle. Or at least, that's how I'd like to think of it.

>>48066024
Thanks
>>48066024
Yeah, the pink was requested, specifically to make her look as drag queen as possible. I just got a little lazy so I painted her corset and clothes black because that's what I picture when I think kinky.

Thanks for the compliments. I'll be glad to move on now.
>>
>>48065744
That is how terminators used to look - they had really high rounded shoulders in older editions before they got their modern "boxy" look.
>>
Largely done with my bloodwretches. I have realized that diluting a color with water doesn't necessarily make a good wash the hard way.
>>
You know how people say you should have two water pots: one for metallics and one for non-metalics?

Well I only have room for two water pots, and I've found it more important to have one water pot for the first rinse, and another water pot for the second rinse to really make sure the brush is clean. This means I have to use the same first pot for both metallics and non-metallics, but I haven't had any problem with metallic flakes contaminating my non-metallic colors. I guess the second pot of rinsing really cleans it off well enough.

I can't imagine having only one pot of water for a color and rinsing everything there, then dipping into more paint. And even using this dirty pot to thin your paint too? Ugh.
>>
Going to buy my first box from a store tomorrow. I have $40, I'm hoping someone lets me borrow some tools while I wait on my own to come in, otherwise i'll just have to buy a box and wait.
>>
>>48064024
Yep, and pink foam actually.

>>48064031
I considered it, but currently have enough on my plate as is with the project.
>>
File: WIP_first_terminator01.jpg (79 KB, 897x1280) Image search: [Google]
WIP_first_terminator01.jpg
79 KB, 897x1280
>>48066253
>That is how terminators used to look - they had really high rounded shoulders in older editions

Revenebo!
>>
>>48066744
>buying warhammer new
wew
e
w
>>
>>48067219
the shop offers help with building hands on
>>
>>48067219
>being used shit on eBay instead of new stuff at 20% off

Pathetically poor. You probably buy clothes at goodwill.
>>
>>48067372
I actually buy and sell things on ebay/other sites for fun, usually stripping and making things look nicer. thanks for the projection tho
>>
I wish to go full magical realm with my slannesh army.
Does anyone know of any 28mm bitchsuit minis their are? I plan on getting various ones and giving them chaosy stuff.
>>
>>48067372
Wew Lad...
>>
>>48066744
See if you can get the battle for vedros set.
If not, tell them you're new. They'll likely throw freebees and tutorials, atleast if they're a GW store.
>>
>>48064272
Heh! I looked at the first pic without reading the comment and thought I was looking at some sort of 40K 'High-Tech' trash can...
>>
>>48067532
They're an official GW warhammer store. I went in there to get an idea of what the game is all about a few weeks ago. I don't know what kind of freebies and stuff they have though. though if they have a hat for my gaunt that would be nice.
I bought a bottle of plastic glue today, are there any tools i should pick up before i get there. I ordered this and am not sure if theres anything I'm missing otherwise. Keeping it simple as possible that is.
http://www.gntools.co.uk/top-quality-tool-kit-ideal-for-airfix-models-and-warhammer40k-games-workshop-model-makers-set-8-255-p.asp
>>
>>48067372
You mean you don't pay 100% retail? You must be one of these "poors" too.

Keep that trollin shit on b and not in the friendship circle.
>>
>>48067850
It's usually a free space marine. but talk to them, see what they'll do.
Buy shit from a small time hobby store if you can, they offer discounts. also, there's recasters you can look out for.
>>
>>48067940
w..why can't i just go to a gw store and support them a little so i can drop my sick beats at the game table
>>
>>48067944
I'm not going to be painting yet. that'll be for payday, the tools i linked i already ordered so in terms of those i'll be okay. Just looking for a few more things i may need to pick up on the way to the store tomorrow from the Micheals or hobby lobby
as for free models I had no idea of that being a thing. Neat.
>>
>>48067951
You can spend your money however you like anon but you keep your goddamn sick beats to yourself, no one wants their painstakingly painted models melted from some of that hot fiah.
>>
>>48067987
Stay the fuck away from Michaels. I made that mistake. They're only good for exacto knives and model cars for looting.
Hobby lobby has acrylic model paints, which can help you out. They're good.
I recomend you just go and get this. Literally everything for 42$.
https://www.amazon.com/Hobby-Starter-Mega-Brush-Set/dp/B00HC8H4EI/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1467427539&sr=1-1&keywords=army+painter+brush+set
>>
>>48067987
>hobby lobby
wew. they have a better in-stock Vallejo selection than my FLGS, but their selection otherwise for anything miniatures was absolutely sad
>>
>>48067996
YOU CAN'T HOLD ME DOWN
>>
>>48068040
>that huge ass whammy bar that he's holding onto
I don't even want to look the prices of those up on ebay
>>
File: fug.png (890 KB, 698x518) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
890 KB, 698x518
>>48068029
I'll save the link for later. But i've seen a few good brush sets for a bit cheaper. Like I said, I'm going to hold off on painting for a few days and focus on building right now.
For now I have pic related being shipped from the UK so i'll have to borrow those specific tools from other players or the store for now an xacto, and some plastic glue. That seems like enough for now. Or I may be going full retard.
>>
>>48068124
All you really need is some clippers, an exacto knife, and glues. I recomend super glue and plastic glue, it's nice to have both in your arsenal. as far as clippers go, Any will do. Find some that you like. I use https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-5-nippy-cutter?variant=5717834117
>>
>>48068205
I'll pick up some super glue tomorrow then. Thanks for the help. if my build results aren't too shit i'll post tomorrow night.
>>
>>48068124
>good brush sets
I could use some links some time. I bought a set of 3 for $5 a few days ago, and after a few strokes there was already a loose "strand". I haven't used them since because I like my shitty old ones better even in functionality.

>>48068205
what's the point of having both glues? just wondering because I use super glue for everything
>>
>>48068360
Some things, such as say, sights for ork guns, are better plastiglued. sometimes vise versa.
>>
File: space_marine_trio_FWW_medium.jpg (475 KB, 1280x955) Image search: [Google]
space_marine_trio_FWW_medium.jpg
475 KB, 1280x955
>>48067987
>as for free models I had no idea of that being a thing. Neat.

How do you think I got this sweet Blood Angel Space Marine?

>>48067944
>also, there's recasters you can look out for

Why do you think his head is different from the others?
>>
>>48068360
>good brush sets
My art teacher back in school bought hers from hobby lobby mostly, if you poke around and mess with the packaging you can find some decent ones.
>what's the point of having both glues? just wondering because I use super glue for everything
I think its just because plastic glue is more permanent, at least thats what i've always been told
>>
>>48068390
makes sense

>>48068425
hobby lobby didn't have anything at all suited for minis when I checked, but that's where I got my shitty old ones 10 years ago that I still use. I looked for army painter ones (because someone suggested them here) at my FLGS but my they didn't even have those
>>
File: masters_brush_cleaner.jpg (198 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
masters_brush_cleaner.jpg
198 KB, 1200x1200
>>48068029
>Stay the fuck away from Michaels. I made that mistake. They're only good for exacto knives and model cars for looting.

I disagree. At 40% off - something Michaels offers nearly all the time - a single high-end paint brush can be a decent investment. Also, you can pick up some brush soap there with a 40-50% off coupon and it's not a bad deal, either.

But yeah... don't buy yer paints at Michaels, unless you need something cheap to, say, paint an entire hillside at 28mm scale!
>>
>>48068465
Huh, maybe i just have better stores in my town. Hobby lobby is more expensive but has everything you may need for anything. Micheals is cheaper but is more limited.
thats all i have for local craft stores actually
>>
>>48068360
>what's the point of having both glues?

Plastic cement is only for gluing plastic to plastic. It softens and melts the plastic parts together, forming a permanent bond. This also frequently has the side effect of reducing the visibility of seams between pieces.

Super glue is for gluing metal or resin; plastic cement will not work on these materials. You can also use it on plastic models, but the bond is usually more fragile than that made with plastic cement. Also, when you insert pins or magnets into plastic models, since these items are usually metal, you'll have to use superglue to bond them to to the plastic.
>>
>>48068360

I also use super glue with everything, but that's because all my models have resin on them somewhere.

Plastic glue is worthless IMO. A GOOD superglue that properly cured will form just as strong a bond and won't permanently fuse the plastic. The only time I would say plastic glue is even useful is building shit like Rhino hulls.
>>
File: IMG_20160630_165902072_HDR.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160630_165902072_HDR.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
i was in on the first reaper bones kickstarter but never painted any of the minis. i've never done this before and i just got through my first 12; lots of learning. i'm just using cheap craft acrylics, and mostly out of convenience.
>>
>>48068787
Try putting that spear in hot water in order so straighten it out, along with any of the other bent weapons.
>>
>>48063120
it is. use 2 thin coats. will not bind well to resin for some, but it works fine for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
3 deathwatch ready for washes ( the towards the right is a black dragon, hence the bone spurs on head and elbows) . I'm also doing 1 tactical marine from all 18 HH legions. These are the first two (still got highlighting and basing to go).

R8 m8s
>>
>>48069493
why dip? why not selectively line wash?
>>
File: The Sands of Dune.png (1 MB, 1224x599) Image search: [Google]
The Sands of Dune.png
1 MB, 1224x599
I'm use modelling sand to base my guys.
Can anyone tell me if the amount of sand I'm using is too much?

Also, I'm trying to get my bases as close to the "goblin green" style as I can but I'm not sure what paints to use at all.

Would it be best to use Caliban Green or Warboss Green for the base coat?

What about for layers? I have Sybarite Green, Warpstone Glow, Warboss Green, Moot Green, and Skarsnik Green.

I also have two drybrushes, Hexos Palesun and Niblet Green.

Anyone got any advice?
>>
>>48070305

Where did he mention he was dipping? I don't dip but I'm so lazy when I wash my miniatures it might as well be a dip. I just slather that shit on. Then I wick away the pooling excess and when it dries, I just clean it up with layer paints again.
>>
>>48070369
is.... is that johnny?
>>
>>48069493
how did you achieve that perfect curve on the top of the white skull, on the middle guy
>>
>>48070369

You're not using enough sand. You should cover the entire base with glue then dunk it in sand and shake off. You should not be able to see the base at all through the sand.

The only exception is if you wanted your base to be partially sandy but being able to see mud or water or whatever underneath the sand, but if that were the case, you would have done that underlying layer already. If it's just going to be sand only, you should not see the bottom of the base at all.

The old school green bases were done with Goblin Green. The closest equivalent is Warboss Green by Citadel, or the actual original Goblin Green from Coat d'Arms. Vallejo Game Color and Army Painter also make Goblin Green, and Vallejo Model Color has Pastel Green which are all close approximations.
>>
>>48070404
Who's Johnny?
Those are just my bases and paint pots.
>>
>>48070423
Thanks, I'll wipe these down and try again.
>>
>>48070305
wot? i dont dip. when i said >washes i meant several types of wash. nuln, agrax, blue, red etc.

>>48070419
I put about 10 absolutely tiny dots of grey paint in a semi-circle as a guide, then I just connected the dots with a line of white paint.

It only took about 2 minutes to do the whole mask from marking it up to painting.
>>
>>48070369
That seems like kinda large grain sand, they're more akin to a rocky surface than a sandy one in scale. There is finer grain sand that gives better coverage and would likely be easier to get a model glued to if you prefer doing the bases before gluing the models on.
>>
File: 424242.jpg (531 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
424242.jpg
531 KB, 1080x1920
Muh Warp Hunter.
>>
>>48070714
is that a Crayola?
>>
File: God-Emperor of WIP.png (962 KB, 1233x455) Image search: [Google]
God-Emperor of WIP.png
962 KB, 1233x455
I tried adding more sand to the bases.
This look fine for the texture of a green, grassy-type base?

>>48070604
I'm using the standard Games Workshopâ„¢ Sand.
>>
>>48070763
i knew it!
>>
>>48070714
the blue on the gun looks like shit (assuming wip), but the rest is amazing
>>
File: 1_G_005.jpg (16 KB, 350x450) Image search: [Google]
1_G_005.jpg
16 KB, 350x450
>>48070763

Yeah looks good. Don't forget to drybrush some highlights of a lighter green or a yellow to mix in some other streaks of color. You don't want your base to just be a solid block of goblin green rim and goblin green grass sand.
>>
>>48070824
The glow effect is impossible to get right. I've looked at a bunch of tutorials but none of the techniques translate well to the grippy bit of a pen...
>>
>>48070886

The vents look fine it's the glow spilling onto the barrel that looks bad. Try watering down the blue more.
>>
File: 20160702_163854.jpg (245 KB, 1061x736) Image search: [Google]
20160702_163854.jpg
245 KB, 1061x736
>>48065744
Old marines were pretty hunchy. Also look at some of the super old metals blood angel anon posts, they basically have spine deformities.
>>
>>48066476
Did you add a tiny bit of washing liqud to break the surface tension?
>>
>>48067372
Why would you not keep the internal economy going? We all need to sell something eventually. If no one ever buys we all just end up with useless shit in cupboards.
>>
File: 20160701_234502_Richtone(HDR).jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160701_234502_Richtone(HDR).jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Was gonna paint the next 9 like this one. Any advice before I dive into it?
>>
>>48071341
>If no one ever buys we all just end up with useless shit in cupboards.
>not just tossing all your useless shit in a wood chipper

I bet you don't even pour rare wine vintages down exotic storm drains.
>>
>>48071366
Hair looks like another highlight might do it some good. Color on the armor is nice, but the wash pooled a little on the steel of the gun. Overall looks pretty nice!
>>
>>48071366

My advice is to resize your fucking images.

I'd also use a brighter bronze/brass on the flamer tip (then of course bringing the tip back down with some scorch burn damage weathering).

If you feel your order needs a bit of a brighter scheme with more pop, you can use a red wash rather than the black you're using. Also the orange hair blends with the red armor so I hope you have some brunettes and white hair tossed in for good measure.
>>
>>48071366
too much wash and I don't like the matching hair myself. looks nice though, post progress pics since I'm going to start doing my sisters once I get my 71 paint purchase in
>>
>>48071399

Why are you buying that many paint pots?
>>
>>48071383
I base my new marines with the ground up remains of my old ones.

Not completely wasteful. I'm more middle class.
>>
>>48071399
>>48071394
Hair was actually just me trying a red head out since I've never done it before. She's the only one in the army with it.
>>
>>48071410
got them for $70 shipped so I couldn't resist. granted they're used, but apparently not used much. I'm just going to take what I need and sell the rest
>>
>>48071430
You can also snort them to get through those long winter days!
>>
File: WP_20160701_19_57_15_Pro.jpg (210 KB, 988x604) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160701_19_57_15_Pro.jpg
210 KB, 988x604
Converting Fenrisian Wolves into Cyber Wolves.

At first I was going to Greenstuff plates into their body, optics for eyes and some wires etc.

But then I decied to toy with the idea of making like a simple armor for them. Pic related is a basic mockup. I would join the plates of armor with wire.

I could then also do the optics and other bionics on top of this.
But this would be more like light power armor for them.

Thoughts and opinions /wip/?
>>
>>48068468
SKUB GET OUT
>>
>>48070763
dear lord you bought sand from gw? why?
>>
>>48071193
Is it wrong to want to try to find just backpacks of these or am I separating Woody from his hat doing this?
>>
>>48071501
>not skubbing his brushes

Look at all these anti-skubfags and their splayed brush tips.
>>
>>48071565

You're just jealous his bases are more official than yours. Don't you have some cat's litter box to be scooping sand out of? Shoo, poorfag!
>>
File: Johnny.jpg (68 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Johnny.jpg
68 KB, 250x250
>>48063041

PVA nornally fills those when basing.

No extra step is necessary. Lad.
>>
>>48064367
>dont ever talk to me or my son again heretic
>>
>>48071600
I got my current thing of sand from hobby lobby thank you very much... but it does have a strange odor for sand. It's kinda high grit too to be honest.
>>
>>48070369

Nobody's mentioned it, so I'd add -

The best bond is had by gluing a plastic model directly to a plastic base using styrene cement. Let it set and THEN apply the PVA/ sand. Fwiw, I then use an old brush handle to push the gravel round a bit to be sure the grains are not QUITE touching the model proper and to help fill-in any base slots.

HTH
>>
>>48071585
i say its okay anon. as i am on the hunt for a commisar hat
>>
>>48071784
That's what I'm going to do for the bulk of my models. I'm just making sure I like the color and texture on these few spare bases I have.

Is there any way to make it seem like the model isn't a few inches deep in grass/mud however? With the amount of sand I used on these bases all my guys will end up ankle-deep.

Also, how much primer am I supposed to use on the sand? It soaks up Imperial Primer like a sponge and I haven't got it black yet.
>>
>>48071487
unless you cut some detail into those plates I'm really not feeling it. Green stuffing the plates to look more fitted would be better. These just look like pipes stuck to wolves.
Cutting off an entire limb and remaking it as bionic would look a lot better I think.
>>
>>48071585
They are really nice backpacks. I have a ton of these guys in a box. They became my teach new friends to paint models.
Want a pic of the back?
>>
>>48071822
Yes but is it to reunite said hat with a hatless officer?!
>>
>>48072005
I do agree. I'd probably greenstuff a trim round the edge akin to the wulfen armor, or like a SM pauldron.

Hopefully the concept of cyberwolve being armored instead of just bionics is well received.

I will practice trying to do some bionics. Just thought this would be easier but could be as effective.
>>
>>48071698

High grit is better. It means it'll be smaller and finer. Unless you meant it's low grit/coarse.
>>
>>48071834
The sunk in look could be remedied by getting thin sheet styrene and cutting it out in the rough shape as the bottom of the models feet and hoping it's the right thickness of the flock or using some sort of putty to the same effect but that's kind of a tedious project to be honest. Smaller grit sand will cover better and thinner so that is an option. Terrain with the amount of space in it underfoot as the size of sand you're using is going to have space to accommodate some sinking, especially for the heug mutants in armor that are the space marines.
>>
File: No Sneaky Beekee in this Pic.png (788 KB, 1047x483) Image search: [Google]
No Sneaky Beekee in this Pic.png
788 KB, 1047x483
How is this in terms of primer?
It's not a solid black which worries me and makes me think I need another coat, but I used a lot already.

>>48072084
That does sound like a lot of work.
I guess I'll just try to use finer grit sand for my guys.
>>
File: MattV8.jpg (588 KB, 618x1427) Image search: [Google]
MattV8.jpg
588 KB, 618x1427
>>48072036
It -could- but you should really try to make it look like armour.
Check out some historical examples of viking armour and try to emulate that to a degree.
Also look at horse barding. You typically want it to look fitted as bit slabs of flat metal inhibit movement.
>>
>>48072049
Ahh my mistake, I mixed em up. It's mostly low grit, although it seems to have a bit of both in there.
>>48072015
Yes please.
>>
>>48069493
that night lord is glorious
>>
>>48072097
You may have better luck with spray primer (you don't need to get GW), I think imp primer can be pretty watery and yeah that sand has the possibility to soak it right up. Spray priming has the advantage of adding another layer of a bond to the base but spraying has the typical disadvantages (need the right weather etc.).
>>
>>48072130
>I think imp primer can be pretty watery
I think I'm having that problem right now.

I'm trying to use it to prime a metal model but it looks more like a wash of Nuln Oil than than any primer I've used before.

Maybe it's just since it's the first coat but it's still very thin. At least it won't obscure the detail easily.
>>
File: oldpack champ and mook.jpg (468 KB, 1665x1000) Image search: [Google]
oldpack champ and mook.jpg
468 KB, 1665x1000
>>48072111
Here's a champ and the general mook backpack.
>>
>>48072243
Sadly the paint is quite thick on these guys. Need to strip them back for future 'learn to paint' sessions.
>>
File: Inquisitors.jpg (700 KB, 1542x1198) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitors.jpg
700 KB, 1542x1198
Anyone bought from Hasslefree Minatures before?

I'm tempted to buy the two models in pic related to use as Order Xenos (left) and Order Hereticus Inquisitors (right).

Pic is pretty big, be careful emuposters.
>>
>>48072307
It's not even a meg. What's up with that meme?
>>
>>48072307
I have, they're good, if a little pricey on shipping because of my location.

they sent some hard candy with my order too, which was pretty cute
>>
>>48072322
Aussies only get 1kb a minute, and a 10kb/month limit from their ISP.
>>
>>48072307
Definitely order some, hasslefree are good people.
>>
>>48072307
>700 KB
>big

>mfw faggots spamming 4-6MB pics of shitty uncropped WIPs
>>
>>48072356
>>48072333
Sweet, order placed.
Now I just learn how to paint resin AND faces. Oh boy, what fun I'll have.

I think the damn resin buggers I have already are gonna snap the moment I look at them funny, let alone when I scrub 'em to get the mold release off.

Speaking of post orders, I wonder when my second Johnny will arrive.
It's already a few day over the estimated time for delivery.

Fucking captcha required 6 or 7 verifications, god damn.
>>
>>48072456

Resin paints like plastic once it's spray primed so you don't have to worry about that. Just dump them in a tub of warm water and some dish washing soap and swish them around until it gets bubbly and leave them to soak for 10-30 minutes and scrub and rinse with a toothbrush afterwards.

Faces are also easier if you use a flesh wash and don't try to paint the eyes. This works for gruff, squinty-eyed male soldiers but I don't know if it will look good for women.
>>
>>48072205
I've mainly used it for bases and touchups on spots that spray primer missed but yeah I dunno if it needs to be mixed alot better than it comes but it separates into thick and watery in the bottle, well mine did. I haven't tried to use it on any metal models but I used it on a reaper bones piece and it really doesn't do the job imo.
>>48072243
I've got a few of the "mook" ones from zerker boxes but yeah that other one looks nice and unique.
>>
>>48072540

Imperial Primer is quite watery but it should also have good coverage. Something is wrong if you're not getting a dark, solid black coat.

You're obviously supposed to shake your paints well before you use them.
>>
>>48072540
Either you didn't shake the paint well enough or reaper bones just doesn't take paint very well due its material.
>>
>>48072648
I think I probably got a bad batch, not really sure what the deal is. I shook the absolute fuck out of it when I noticed that it was starting to separate but I don't know maybe I got a pot that someone else opened in the store and it started to dry out or something.
>>
>>48072656
Bones has some issues with taking paint in general (they claim it doesn't need primer), especially those further on the rubbery side, hell it can even take spray primer extended amounts of time to dry on the stuff during which time it will be very sticky and awful.
>>
File: tana2.jpg (343 KB, 1158x761) Image search: [Google]
tana2.jpg
343 KB, 1158x761
FEED MEEE
>>
>>48064515
Bumping for this please
>>
>>48072865
You did a great job at making a long pink worm look scary, 9.7/10.

I wonder if this is what feminists think a penis looks like.
>>
>>48072975

"I call it the 'Barbed Strangler', and he's about to Deep Strike into your pants."
>>
File: 1467456435195-1073322545.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
1467456435195-1073322545.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Whilst we're talking about priming Reaper Bones I have a related question.

I bought a 17ml dropper bottle of Vallejo Grey Primer, a bottle like the brass on the left, with the intention of brushing it on my Bones, only for the seller to send this 60ml bottle. Seems very fluid on a shake.

Instructions only mention airbrushing, is it the same stuff as the smaller bottle?
>>
File: THICC.png (620 KB, 818x447) Image search: [Google]
THICC.png
620 KB, 818x447
Just about done with these, all that's left is the drybrush of Hexos Palesun. I know the paint is a tad thick, but I'm really loving the color so far.

I've never done a drybrush, I really hope I don't fuck up. I know the theory behind it but I'm still kinda antsy.

>>48072998
No anon, don't stick it in my Acid Maw!
>>
>>48070760
Nope. That looks like a pen
>>
>>48073044
wheres the sneaky beakie?
>>
>>48073032

The big bottle and small bottle are the same shit. The big one is just the economy size version.

It is a thin primer that can be airbrushed with little to no thinning, but it can also be paintbrushed on just fine. It won't be as scratch proof as a spraypaint primer, and it takes a long time to cure, but if you don't use your miniatures as cat scratching posts, it should be fine.
>>
>>48073032
I haven't personally used any Vallejo on bones so that might be a question for google. Bones is such a weird material it's probably worthwhile to do some research and find matching answers to questions. Sorry for not having an actual answer.
>>
>>48072975

That would certainly explain a few things.
>>
File: Spring Meadow.png (1 MB, 851x679) Image search: [Google]
Spring Meadow.png
1 MB, 851x679
Did a drybrush of Hexos Palesun and then Niblit Green over it since it was a little bright.

Then I did Palesun again since I covered up too much.

Then I did another coat of Niblit since it was too bright again.

I think I got a good color in the end though.

I'm debating whether or not to go around the base with Warboss Green or shifting the whole idea and going with a dark Brown to get a very earthy feel.

>>48073164
He's too sneaky for you.

The reflection to the right of the Warboss Green pot is his base. I didn't think he was in shot, but he snuck in anyway.
>>
>>48073032
>>48073168
I found the vallejo primer to be terrible thin to be brushed on.
>>
>>48073183

Yeah I've done a bit of research, there's a guy on the Reaper forum with some great articles. I decided on this as even recommended spray primers sometimes fuck up on Bones.
>>
File: 51B-rzwlC-L._SX300_[1].jpg (13 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
51B-rzwlC-L._SX300_[1].jpg
13 KB, 300x240
Is it heresy to break the slot off of an old slotta-base Space Marine?

I really dislike the slotta-base style and I'd like to put him on a more modern base, but destroying part of a hobby's history makes me fill ill-at-ease.
>>
>>48073312
It's your hobby, do what makes you happy. In any case, keep the slotta bit, maybe stick it around his base like a plaque of office, make them a sergeant perhaps.
>>
>>48073324
I like the idea of my guys name being "MARINE."
>>
>>48063144
>Tons of cultist bodies with carefully rationed soldier bits
Let me guess, anon: you did the preorder and got the one sprue of soldiers and the full box of cultists, right? I'm in the same boat. The cultists are cool, no doubt, but the soldiers are truly great.
>>
>>48073342
The Marine Marines: Hardcore exemplars of what it fucking means to be a marine, so much so they try to out-marine the Ultramarines.
>>
>>48073312

You're going to have to choose whether you want to put up with basing a slotta model or if you can stomach snipping off his tab.

A lot of people cut off the tab, especially if they're going to be doing elaborate bases anyway.
>>
File: WP_20160702_13_00_45_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160702_13_00_45_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>48073312
2003 GamesDay Wolf Priest.

Rebased onto a 32mm base like the rest of my army, including about 40 metal minis.

Come at me.
>>
>>48073639
32mm looks real nice but I ain't fucking buying a ton and rebasing all my dudes. I'm keeping the handful I got to rebase my infantry special characters so they stand out more.
>>
File: deff.jpg (867 KB, 1500x2168) Image search: [Google]
deff.jpg
867 KB, 1500x2168
How are you all this fine saturday? More work on the deff dread, decided the orange was not vivid enough so turning it more towards yellow. Also stripes and metallics, still so much to do. C&C wanted.
>>
File: johnny_covert_ops.jpg (568 KB, 667x973) Image search: [Google]
johnny_covert_ops.jpg
568 KB, 667x973
>>48073164
>wheres the sneaky beakie?

What do you think the word "covert" means?
>>
>>48072664
>[Imperial Primer]
>I shook the absolute fuck out of it when I noticed that it was starting to separate

Get a wooden craft stick, or take da uvva end of a paint brush you no longer care about, and mix down into the bottom of the bottle with it. Shaking may not be enough!
>>
File: The True Veritas Vitae.png (750 KB, 726x706) Image search: [Google]
The True Veritas Vitae.png
750 KB, 726x706
Welp, the primer is coming off my new lil pet project as I paint him.

Even after 4 coats of Imperial Primer.

Since he's heading off to a simple clean bath anyway, I don't feel bad posting him.

Beware, contents may be heresy for many reasons.
>>
>>48073815
The hard bit the pages of the Codex Astartes are wrapped in?
>>
>>48073823
>Shaking may not be enough!
I'm the guy who posted >>48073841

I'm having a hard time controlling the Black Rage here.
>>
File: johnny_collage02.jpg (2 MB, 4871x3000) Image search: [Google]
johnny_collage02.jpg
2 MB, 4871x3000
>>48070404
>is.... is that johnny?

I'm not gonna add >>48070369 to the collage until he's painted.
>>
>>48073867
>I'm not gonna add (You) to the collage until he's painted.

As it should be in all things.
I need some motivation to get both of mine done.
>>
File: stick_it_to_em!.jpg (169 KB, 800x846) Image search: [Google]
stick_it_to_em!.jpg
169 KB, 800x846
>>48073841
>Welp, the primer is coming off my new lil pet project as I paint him.
>Even after 4 coats of Imperial Primer.
>Since he's heading off to a simple clean bath anyway, I don't feel bad posting him.

Hold off, m8! There may yet be hope.

It looks from >>48073841 that you've not stuck him to anything. Are you handling your model as you paint, then? That's a big-time party foul! Your grubby fingers will wipe away the paint as you work, even if the paint is dry!

Get something you can handle *instead* of the model. I like these big flat medicine bottle lids, as they don't tip over easily, even with the weight of an old metal model. Stick a gob of blue-tack to the top and stick the base of the model to it. Then, as you paint, turn and maneuver the model using whatever you stuck it to instead of the model itself, and the paint won't be as likely to come off.
>>
>>48073867
>every shade of Johnny
We need more Johnny's.
>>
File: eldar_are_coming_johnny.jpg (160 KB, 569x816) Image search: [Google]
eldar_are_coming_johnny.jpg
160 KB, 569x816
>>48073889
>I need some motivation

GW just released the Eldar and Dark Eldar "Start Collecting" boxes.

>>48073988
>We need more Johnny's.

What are you waiting for, anon? My two are already in there!
>>
>>48073938
Huh, I thought this may have been happening but I wasn't sure if it was the case or not.

I usually just tend to grab the model by the base if I'm painting the dude and vice versa, but using blue tack to stick the bastard down seems like the better idea, I won't lie.

One more thing to order off Amazon, but sincere thanks.

I'm still going to rebase and reprime him.
I want to try to go for a white primer instead of a black one and that fucking slot is getting the shears for sure.
>>
>>48074007
>"Move to green line, repeat move to green line."
>"They are outside, conduct the airstrike now please hurry, this is the end, tell my family I love them and i died fighting for my motherland."
>"Negative return to green line."
>"I cant command, I am surrounded, they are outside, I don’t want them to take me and parade me, conduct the airstrike, they will make a mockery of me and this uniform. I want to die with dignity and take all these bastards with me. please my last wish, conduct the airstrike, they will kill me either way."
>"Please confirm your request."
>"They're outside, this is the end commander, thank you, tell my family and my country I love them. Tell them I was brave and I fought until I could no longer. Please take care of my family, avenge my death, good bye commander, tell my family I love them."
>No response, orders the airstrike.
>>
File: IMG_20160702_143215744.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160702_143215744.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Vallejo Primer guy here.

Prepped these guys up quick, first the Werewolf. Primer seemed to take to the Bones material well, no visible "beading" or streaks; of course light grey on white it's not great.

So on Oswald the Overladen I took a tip off another forum and put a hint of acrylic black in, and it confirmed the results. Pretty thin like people have said, but if it makes future layers grip easily then it's done the job. I'll let them dry for a few hours and see how Vallejo Game Colour takes.
>>
File: desire_to_know_more.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
desire_to_know_more.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
>>48074100
>Vallejo Primer guy here.
>I'll let them dry for a few hours and see how Vallejo Game Colour takes.

Keep us posted, anon. As the summer heat overtakes those of us in the northern hemisphere, your research becomes more valuable.
>>
>>48074134

Yeah, here in the UK it's been sunshine and showers with thunderstorms all week, way too humid for sprays.

Just seen so much conflicting information about Bones (or, like stripping, the magic solution is only available in the USA) that I wanted to find a definite answer.
>>
>>48074166
>here in the UK it's been sunshine
Guys I'm scared.
>>
>>48074072
This was the transcript of an actual Russian pilot shot down behind enemy lines.

So sad. Fucking tuskan raiders.
>>
>>48074281
or was it a spec ops soldier? I don't remember
>>
>>48072307
Fuck, I see a potential female Vampire lord here
>>
>>48074295
i see something i want to fuck
>>
>>48073792
It looks fantastic, but the orange metal bits seems to just stop. I'd say that if you painted a gradient it would look even better.
>>
>>48074314
And I didnt even post the nipple version
>>
File: tumblr_o7k1n8dbwV1r94kvzo1_1280.jpg (677 KB, 1238x924) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7k1n8dbwV1r94kvzo1_1280.jpg
677 KB, 1238x924
>>48074292
>>48074072
was some kind of spec ops delta-ish fucker
not quite spetsnaz but was pretty high ranking afaik

i think they confirmed that two platoons and a company support element were eliminated in the airstrike, so ruskiduski didn't die for nothing.
>>
>>48074349
waiting on the nipple version, my growing penis demands it
>>
>>48074326
Thanks! you mean the claws and such?
>>
>>48073355
No, I ordered one of each box and I used a cultist sprue to make the minis appear more distinct. I also want to make at least 15 cultists.
>>
File: photo_2016-07-02_16-55-33.jpg (133 KB, 949x1280) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-07-02_16-55-33.jpg
133 KB, 949x1280
That mirror reflection is going to be pure hell
>>
>>48069493
What color are those Alpha Legionnaire's markings (the Hydra and shoulder mark)?
>>
File: teamkilling fucktard.jpg (39 KB, 360x522) Image search: [Google]
teamkilling fucktard.jpg
39 KB, 360x522
Gave my first go at painting a Minotaur today, tried out some new techniques, what do you guys think?
>>
>>48074841
Thin those paints. Just a little.

Nice work for your first go.
>>
>>48074841
One mother of a mold line running down the leg there.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (51 KB, 444x319) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
51 KB, 444x319
So my next major project is my Tempestus scions. I'm fixing up my Taurox Prime to look a bit more awesome (replacing the fugly-ass track pods with wheels, for one) and I want to paint my scion troopers like Cadian Kasrkin, pic related.

Trouble: I have no idea what to do with the metallic filigree that adorns the armor on scion models. I feel like it should be metal, since it's got rivets and fluer-de-lis design, but I don't know what metal won't draw attention from the actual camouflage.

Any suggestions? I use Vallejo Game Color, mostly.
>>
File: araBU2Z[1].jpg (126 KB, 1200x407) Image search: [Google]
araBU2Z[1].jpg
126 KB, 1200x407
>>48074889
For the trim/filigree?
I'd do something dark like pic related, or use the use a slightly darker shade of green that what you're using already using for the plates.
>>
File: Tzaangor Cultists - 01 - 50pct.jpg (232 KB, 1000x2200) Image search: [Google]
Tzaangor Cultists - 01 - 50pct.jpg
232 KB, 1000x2200
Started batch painting my Tzaangor Cultists for my Thousand Sons army.

At this stage I have completed applying all their base colours.
Next is a thinned wash of Druchii Violet on all the red areas.
>>
>>48075047
That looks like a heavily-washed Gunmetal.

Which would be GREAT if my FLGS wasn't shit out of the stuff and hasn't gotten any more stock for THREE MONTHS.

Well, thanks for the advice, anyway.
>>
File: aqmZf.jpg (16 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
aqmZf.jpg
16 KB, 300x287
>>48074295
>>
>>48074841
over than mouldlines it seems badly assembled too, arms look off. You will earn i guess
>>
>>48072865
good paint job. I'm going to need a bigger flashlight.
>>
>>48075196
beast men

i get it
>>
>>48074770
Sybarite green
>>
>>48075196
what are those? 6th edition gors with some ktbashing? New gors don't have mutations anymore right?
>>
>>48075585
I don't know what WHFB edition these would be from, but older Gors and Ungors with las pistols and auto pistols from the 1991 weapon sprue and mutations from the CSM mutation sprue.
>>
>>48074889
Try bronze.
>>
>>48073792
A green lense would really pop against all that red/orange.
>>
File: valkyrie standin mockup 2.jpg (873 KB, 2430x1368) Image search: [Google]
valkyrie standin mockup 2.jpg
873 KB, 2430x1368
what do you all think of my Valkyrie standin's cockpit window shape?

I'm still working on the wing shape, tail placement, I hope to in the coming weeks but some leman russ sponsons to hang under the wings to bulk out the center of my craft.
>>
>>48076494
also once the cockpit window shape is selected I will cut out beneath it and use 2 sentinel walker pilots as my flight crew.
>>
>>48076494
I dig it. keen to see where this goes.

could get a little more slope to the window though. looks a bit spacemariney now.
>>
>>48076600
slope? down to the front or something? Also what is not seen here is that I intend to use L shaped platiccard to do the edges of my cockpit.

Also thanks for the interest.
>>
File: shipstuff1.png (37 KB, 1660x456) Image search: [Google]
shipstuff1.png
37 KB, 1660x456
Legacyverse heavy cruiser I'm working on today. Next to my first set of modules for 'absolutely not humans from sword of the stars' from last week. (scale unrelated)

Thinking of doing hammerhead/war/fusion sections next for modular ship. CA just needs some CIWS and radiators, and probably some greeb.
>>
>>48076640
Yeah make the angle of the cockpit window match the angle of the front of the plane more. It would make it look more guard like and less like a marine box flyer.
>>
>>48064515
Take some gauze and roll it up into a small bundle that fits on the top of their backpacks, and add some straps over that, making it look like they've got camo nets too, but just not in use. Also consider throwing some camo wraps on those long-ass pulse rifles.
>>
>>48073988
>>48074007
I'd love to add to the collage some time, but I can't find one for a reasonable price ever
>>
>>48068468
Agreed. Paints I wouldn't buy, but honestly, I've seen a better selection of Liquitex paint additives at Michael's, never seen Flow-Aid at Hobby Lobby. Conversely, Michael's never sells Daler Rowney inks individually, but Hobby Lobby does. Buying crap for my washes always takes two fucking store trip, man.
>>
>>48065954
Nope. Looks great keep it up
>>
Anyone else in hobby fatigue at the moment? I come here to try and feel motivated but... nope... gonna need a good few days break...
>>
>>48075546
Thank you
>>
>>48077723
I get that all the time, but I also do everything creative in cycles. Doing something completely different usualy gets my motivation going.
>>
File: rsz_20160702_194927299_ios.jpg (158 KB, 973x1098) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20160702_194927299_ios.jpg
158 KB, 973x1098
>>48073988
>>48073867
And heeeere is Johnny!

Couldn't find the 2 original MKVI backpacks I know I have *somewhere* so he's got to deal with a 2nd ED one until I can buy some off ebay.
>>
File: IMG_20160702_162255164.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160702_162255164.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
>>48076494
So I recut a new mock-up canopy and inserted the pilots. Any thoughts or suggestions for the final version?
>>
>>48077723
Its probably the heat, I live in Canada and the 25C weather is making me sweat buckets and im fit. Too worn out and tired to paint.
>>
So whos gonna hunt for Alarielle the thighqueen and convert her up?
>>
>>48078335
>25C
kek
>>
File: ca8.jpg (85 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ca8.jpg
85 KB, 300x300
>>48078350
This pic is true you know
>>
>>48078348

I'm thinking of using her as a daemon princess(tzeentch). Not sure how much conversion work will go into it though.

I want the beetle too. Just to have a rad giant beetle.
>>
>>48078464
I hope you plan on giving her a giant, throbbing, feminine penis.
>>
Hey /wip/, I'm painting up those Genestealer Cultists as Van Saar gangers, but I'm kind of stumped on the colours. Pic related is kinda interesting, but I'm gonna try to work with the paints I have.

I'm thinking either light gray fatigues with green padding and dark steel, uh, collar. Copper or brass tubes and metal details. Possibly a red or green padding?
>>
>>48078464
I have no idea what to use the model for besides daemons, i can use alarielle for a farseer or an autrach but what of a giant fucking beetle?
>>
>>48078348
>$265
Fucking damn, GW really thinks they can charge this much fo-
>Kiwibux, not burgerbux
gdi am I the only one that the GW site regularly changes the country to something random?
>>
>>48078574
I think they are fucking with us. I'm from Austria and I get upside down Austria prices every single time.
>>
>>48063041
That Heroquest tho
>>
File: 767LoYR[1].jpg (207 KB, 1500x1120) Image search: [Google]
767LoYR[1].jpg
207 KB, 1500x1120
Very early Battlewagon WIP. Looted these tracks from an old Hellhound from Ebay. These new containers are fucking awesome.
>>
File: Angel_of_death.jpg (26 KB, 585x315) Image search: [Google]
Angel_of_death.jpg
26 KB, 585x315
>>48078516

If it was a Slaanesh princess, obviously.

>>48078550

My first thought for the beetle was as a Maulerfiend or Forge fiend, though I don't like the idea of adding cannons to it.

I'm looking at Alarielle's head dress and thinking of Hellboy's death.
>>
>>48078013
What fuck?

The backpack is part of the model attached directly in the sculpt.

What happened to yours?
>>
>>48073823
It took some shaking, stirring, back to shaking, one more stir for good measure, to get it back to mildly working as intended, musta been a bad batch.
>>
>>48078694
>backpack part of the model
Not him, but no it isn't.
>>
>>48078574
yeah when I google GW things I get a different currency every time. then when I change it to bugerbux it takes me to the homepage so I have to re-find what I was looking at
>>
>>48074100
you sir are giving us kickstarter backer retards some hope
>>
File: Cyber Wolves.jpg (2 MB, 4508x1712) Image search: [Google]
Cyber Wolves.jpg
2 MB, 4508x1712
Fenrisian wolf kit converted to Cyber Wolves completed.

Will sand any thumb marks in the green stuff.

Where the cables go into the face, I have flattened that side of the face and will paint it as a metallic plating and a glowing eye.
>>
File: Rhino Restore.jpg (459 KB, 1524x700) Image search: [Google]
Rhino Restore.jpg
459 KB, 1524x700
And here is the before and after for the Rhino I got from ebay.
Happy with restore result.
>>
File: 1467216808589.jpg (492 KB, 1437x1201) Image search: [Google]
1467216808589.jpg
492 KB, 1437x1201
>>48078694
Some other Anon posted that a few days ago.
>>
>>48078726
>>48078847
Hmm you are right, I am mis-remembering.
I thought it was at first on mine but then it pinged off when I took a dremel brush to it. It was just stuck on tight.
>>
>>48078013
I think you should keep it; looks good with the newer pack.
>>
>>48078828
Holy damn, son. I can't even figure out HOW that thing got that fucked up, was it slathered in PVA before getting painted? and if the plastic is stained pink... was it fucking primed with red???
>>
File: 2016-07-02 17.12.33.png (254 KB, 1423x2239) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-02 17.12.33.png
254 KB, 1423x2239
Whats the worst hobby related injury you've incurred, wip?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.