[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Hero Academia (US edition)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Quirks_slider.png (373 KB, 670x360) Image search: [Google]
Quirks_slider.png
373 KB, 670x360
So the Manga naturally takes place in Japan and has all the relevent Japanese mannerisms and what not.

How do you suppose the rest of the world or in this case, the United States, would be like in this universe?
>>
>>48062834
All Might would be a bigger celebrity there?
>>
>>48062834
Das rayy ciss
>>
>>48062871

I would think he's a world wide celebrity as he's been around and fighting for a good while that and using states and cities in his special moves as well.
>>
>>48062834
>How do you suppose the rest of the world or in this case, the United States, would be like in this universe?
AMERIKA, FUCK YEAH! WHITE-HEADED EAGLE, BITCH! SHIT, NIGGA, SUSHI ARE TASTY! OBAMA! MISTAH PRESIDENT! U-S-A, U-S-A!
JAPANESE SO FUNNY! I LIKE DIS ANIME THING! DOLLARS TO EVERYONE!
>>
>>48062913

Now I just imagine various super hero factions split along political lines

Republican heros vs. Democrat heros.
>>
I believe theyve mentioned the main hero association Hq is in america, so one assumes we'll go there at a later arc.
>>
>>48062834
they probably have a bigger issue with unlicensed heroes over in America and gang related violence would be a sort of cold war, on one hand your gang has some awesome destructive quirks that wipe out your rivals but on the other, using them gets the heroes on your ass who can and will feed you your teeth.
>>
>>48062903

UNITED STATES #1 RANKED HERO, "YAMATO BANZAI!"

SIGNATURE MOVE: OKINAWA SMASH
>>
>>48063161
>2nd amendment debates in a world where people can be born with WMD-level powers
OH BOY WHAT A TIME IT WOULD BE
>>
>>48065614

Same-quirk marriage
Universal quirk/quirkless bathrooms
Ban immigration of quirkless
>>
>>48065558
But All Might is American...
>>
>>48062834
why is this on /tg/
>>
>>48065772
His real name is Toshinori Yagi. He is Japanese, maybe of American descent but definitely Japanese.
>>
>>48062834
Hopefully with a society that reflects the absurd superpowers of the oh so heroic "heroes".
Japs literally cannot understand that if you add some extreme element to society, it should differ greatly from the real world's.

>oh people have had superpowers for some generations now, but we haven't changed our ways or anything
>I mean, why would we?
>>
>>48062834
Did you actually read some of the latest chapters?

The US is where the hero phenomenon started, the big deal heroes all live there, and everything happening in Japan is literally a sideshow to what's happening worldwide
>>
File: tumblr_n53pb71FHg1sp1wslo1_500.jpg (114 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n53pb71FHg1sp1wslo1_500.jpg
114 KB, 500x501
>>48066147
let's be honest here, the west isn't very good at that either. the marvel U should be damn near post scarcity at this point but it's still the world outside your door.
>>
>>48067330

>Super hero billionaire who created a nuclear fusion reactor that fits into his chest and never runs out
>A scientist who's smart enough to literally cure diseases (Dr. Banner)
>Alien contact with super advanced speicies
>People with literally the power to replicate matter perfectly and with no limitation
>The entire world is exactly as it is.

WHY?
>>
>>48065790
>why is this on /tg/
Would also like to know
>>
>>48067687
>>48065790

Because you're both colossal faggots thats why.

And also to get some ideas for a super heros game based on MHA.
>>
>>48067739
well if you guy's are looking for idea for supers games there used to be a superhero general that came up with a whole lot of stuff for a original supers setting, but it died earlier this week maybe we can try our hand at reviving it?
>>
>>48067664
>limitless power reactor
>power grids that get knocked out by EMP

>Control of an infinity stone
>They make a shitty robot out of it and a girl who can sometimes do things that are kind of unfair.

>Completely bulletproof armor that would obviate small arms made out of "rare" material
>But they can transmute matter

>True artificial intelligence
>Computers stuck at our level

>Tesseract
>Did fuck-all with it

>Literally-tons of salvage from advanced spacefairing alien race
>Did fuck-all with it

>Plasma-casters and laser rifles
>Military armed with guns
Okay.exe has stopped working.
>>
>>48068717
There's a tg project called Cape World that works to correct how nothing seems to change in a world with super heroes.
>>
>>48067739
Is there a reason why you didn't ask /a/, which would be infinitely more familiar with the source material, or /co/ which would doubtlessly direct you toward appropriate comics?

>>48070953
There are already comics that have done that job better than /tg/ can.
>>
>>48067330
You make a fair point, everyone in the industry can make a much better job, but Japan has done the worst job so far.
>>
>>48062834
all the big stuff happens primarily in america, well the hero stuff. China had the first natural born Quirk user. Since the hero organization has it's roots in america one can assume that has an effect on old world political nonsense. (though the rise of quirk users probably ended a lot of bullshit and created entirely different bullshit)

I can see nonsense like south american drug cartels trying to use Quirk users to do crap, maybe have the Catholic church start putting the faithful to use in those areas, healers healing, combat quirks fighting criminals, social quirks fighting corruption.

In general I'd try to get a vibe for the culture of an area and extrapolate from there. South America is largely a corrupt shithole, why not change that aspect and say social pressure from moralistic types combined with the oomph of quirk users really turned things around?
>>
>>48071582
>Comics that have done that job better than /tg/ can

Planetary and sort-of Astro City?

It's a fun little project. No reason to knock it just because the guys contributing to it don't have Eisners.
>>
File: My-Hero-Academia-Volume-1.jpg (199 KB, 500x753) Image search: [Google]
My-Hero-Academia-Volume-1.jpg
199 KB, 500x753
one argument you could make for things being more or less the same despite 80% of the population being superpowered is that of that 80%, most of the powers they have are small gimmicky powers like attracting tiny objects to yourself or creating condensation, a neat party trick but not exactly earth shattering in the grand scheme of things.

whereas the top 10 or 5% with "good" powers are just so rare that they cant really be used for society efficiently enough to make a HUGE difference or said person with the power doesn't want to use it that way, I mean just because you have the power to run at Mach 3 or generate a million volts doesn't mean you want to become a superhero, that shits dangerous man.
>>
>>48075304
One of the students noted that those who have electrical powers have it easy with the wide range of jobs they can get outside of superheroing.
>>
>>48071602
I think Japan does a great job in sienen shit (probably spelled that wrong). Like shit like Akira and Ghost in the Shell are all about those differences
>>
>>48075352
yeah I remember seeing that, but again that can mean there's so few people that can produce useable and/or sustainable amounts of electricity that when they are found they are in high demand.
>>
>>48065558
>United States #2 Ranked Hero, "Enola"

Signature Move: Hiroshima Bomber
>>
>>48062834
If you didn't think your life was a lottery before, it is now. Those with useful or powerful Quirks will either exploit the fuck out of them or be exploited the fuck out for them.
The disparity in wealth will be fucking ginormous, and most of the 'useful' Quirk carriers will still be just as vulnerable as other people, so a pissed off guy with a gun could write some sort of manifesto on how Quirks are unfair and start shooting.
>>
>>48075352
that also means that electric quirk hero's can find employment easier , its a change but not a super grand one like Mr. Fantastic curing all the disease or tony stark creating clean efficient unlimited energy. it would be a nice bit of flavor text but I don't think it would be a real game changer so to speak.
>>
>>48075391
Yeah, that shit is terrific.
But nowadays it ain't like that.
Still, they are exceptions to the rule, as the mainstream promotes not thinking too hard about stuff like that, while still ensuring that fans speculate with their pretentious overthinking
>>
I'm just trying to imagine how Anonymous would have developed in that world.

It's probably still be in old school anonymous right now, because everyone wants to play secret society but it's more of a Pirates Who Don't Do Anything kind of deal because theyre still just bored nerds and don't want the attention of big heroes, though the green balaclava/suit combo still sees the light of day when /k/ and /g/ aren't trying to see who can make the coolest hero gear
>>
>>48064091
So, american My Hero Academia is just Worm?
>>
>>48067664
>WHY?

Because paying customers are invariably contemporary humans, and we pay to see heroes battle threats TO US, so publishers have learned that threats to OUR WORLD are vitally important - to sales figures.

HTH
>>
>>48076647
not nearly that bad. helps when quirks don't have the "makes you want to seek conflict" effect on their powers.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.