[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mecha: The Rebellion 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: fantasy-space-wallpaper-img21.jpg (446 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
fantasy-space-wallpaper-img21.jpg
446 KB, 1920x1200
(First things first, unlike Fledgling Super Quest, this is not an original setting. I am actually using a variation of rules from Mecha: the RPG and one of the 3 base settings within the book that I own. Don't be a cheater and spoil the surprise for those looking to play. Besides a setting is just a suggestion.)

Arion Mannis will rule Destiny Arbor. Only the Separatist Guard stand in his way.

Destiny Arbor is a system of eight planets, each terraformed and suitable for human life. Since the first colony ships landed centuries ago, the system has been ruled by an ancient monarchy: the Mannis Dynasty. Over the years, the Mannis family has, for the most part, been benevolent. They have ruled in the interest of the people and grown the fortunes of Destiny Arbot to rival any other long-standing Sol colony. However, that will soon change.

As the elderly King Forrest Mannis slowly wastes away on his death bed, his youngest son, Prince Arion, awaits the day he will inherit the kingdom. Unlike his father, Arion is manipulative and power hungry. Behind his dying father's back, he has taxed the worlds of Destiny Arbor into poverty, greedily consolidating the system's wealth for himself, with plans to amass a grand army and lead a crusading campaign to conquer the entire galaxy.

But Prince Arion's plan may be short-sighted. He has underestimated the will of his subjects. Under the strain of the mad prince's tyranny, five planetary baronies banded together to form the Separatist Guard: an army of freedom fighters dedicated to deposing the corrupt prince and establishing planetary independence. In response, the mad prince has rallied the forces of the Destiny Defense Force, who view the Separatist Guard as terrorist insurgents who stand in opposition to the Prince's promises of peace and unity. The lines of battle are drawn and Destiny Arbor stands locked in civil war.

But first, who are you?

>Give me your name and gender.
>>
>>48062617
Jaskaran Singh, male.
>>
>>48062617
Mallory Arget Male
>>
>>48062685
>>>/fuckoff/
>>
>>48062659
+1
>>
>>48062666
I think I'm going to listen to satan this one time.

You are Mallory Arget, male, and you are a new arrival with:

>Summer Squadron: Mechanized Infantry
>Winter Squadron: Mechanized Special Operations
>Autumn Squadron: Logistics, Medical, and Administration
>Spring Squadron: Intelligence
>>
>>48062801
>>
>>48062801
>Summer Squadron: Mechanized Infantry
>>
>>48062801
Blessed be the logistics workers.
>>
>>48062813
>>48062865
Straight from the officer academy located on the affluent rebel planet of Elrand, you were assigned to Autumn Squadron. You learned quickly of their collective nickname of Harvestmen. Soldiers, especially gifted pilots such as yourself, are often dispatched with Winter and Summer flights for support.

Before your shuttle goes planetside, all occupants are subjected to a personnel review to root out spies. You are definitely not one, but you suffer through it like all the other passengers. You adjust your uniform, now decorated with burnt orange accents to denote your standing.

>Choose your archetype

>Hotshot Pilot: You are young and brash, but your skill in a mech landed you in officer school and on the fast track to real leadership positions
>Media Darling: Your good looks and charismatic presence almost out shine your skills in a mech. Almost. You are here to raise morale, kick ass, and look good doing it.
>Gearhead: You are a techie through and through. You dominate the battle field not through force but through knowing your machine better than your opponent knows theirs.
>Naive Cadet: You are a well rounded individual who can be anything they set their mind on. Your only weakness is your own self doubt and inexperience.
>Noble: You come from a noble family from Abrax and, in the warrior tradition of your people you need to prove yourself. You family pulled strings to land you in a potential leadership role, but you know that you didn't need their name to get it.
>Accidental Enlistment: You never asked for this. A clerical error must have put you in a forward position, you're positive. Sure you're okay in a mech, but you get by on luck more than skill.
>>
>>48063293
>Naive Cadet: You are a well rounded individual who can be anything they set their mind on. Your only weakness is your own self doubt and inexperience.
Standard Gundam protag fare.
>>
>>48063330
I'm going to give this another 10 minutes. If there are no other replies, we stick with the standard protagonist template.
>>
>>48063293
>Gearhead: You are a techie through and through. You dominate the battle field not through force but through knowing your machine better than your opponent knows theirs
>>
>>48063293
>>Noble: You come from a noble family from Abrax and, in the warrior tradition of your people you need to prove yourself. You family pulled strings to land you in a potential leadership role, but you know that you didn't need their name to get it.
>>
Well at least there's more participants. Another 5 minutes and if a consensus is not reached, I will randomly choose one of the 3 chosen archetypes.
>>
>>48063782
>>48063782
Random roll chooses Naive Cadet.

The officer conducting your review remarks how standard your academy scores are with a small chuckle. You furrow your brow slightly in irritation on how negative he made that sound. His face settles back on you rather than the paper and continues, telling you that the exams don't take what kind of potential the test-taker has into account. He asks you what you think your strengths are.

Strength: 2
Agility: 2
Intelligence: 2
Will: 2

>You have 3 points to spend on any stats. No stat can exceed 4.

Mecha Combat: 2
Personal Combat: 1
Social: 2
Field Ops: 1
Repair: 2
Medic: 2

>You have 3 points to spend on any skills. No skill can exceed 4.
>>
>>48064038
Strength: 2
Agility: 3
Intelligence: 3
Will: 3

Mecha Combat: 3
Personal Combat: 2
Social: 3
Field Ops: 1
Repair: 2
Medic: 2
>>
>>48064038
>>48064066
this works
>>
Question, what kind of weapons will our mech have?
>>
>>48064166
We will get to that once you pick your mech.
>>
>>48064166

Fists only, final destination.
>>
>>48062801

>Summer Squadron, Mechanized Infantry

Being anything BUT a mech pilot is silly.
>>
>>48064221
Despite their advantage of planets, the amount of able bodied pilots on the Separatist side makes all squadrons mechanized. Summer Squadron does most of the heavy lifting though.
>>
>>48062617
I'm sad to say this, but what you gave in the intro reeks of Mechwarrior 4.
>>
>>48064066
You express your above average agility and intellect and the officer jots down a few notes. You go on to exposit on your excellent combat skills both in and outside of a mech and the man just keeps taking notes. At the end, he nods his head and the lights of the office connecting the shuttle to the hangar bay light up. The officer, now identified as a Captain, congratulates you on passing the review, though you catch a hint of sarcasm. You aren't sure if its aim at you or the test though. He Captain introduces himself as Captain Marcus Knight. A flight wing leader on Summer Squadron.

"Due to heavy DDF activity and our own resources spread so thin, all soldiers are required to pilot a mech. You'll be no different. Now, as a warning, once you choose a mech you're stuck with it until either you're dead or it blows up. We have enough mechs to resupply, but the neural integration components that help you pilot can cause severe psychological damage if you switch mechs continually."

>Nod in understanding
>Ask a question
>Roll your eyes. This was all pounded into your head back the academy.
>>
>>48064777
>>Nod in understanding
>>
>>48064777
>Nod in understanding
>>
File: hangar.jpg (1 MB, 1500x782) Image search: [Google]
hangar.jpg
1 MB, 1500x782
You nod. You are already familiar with the Anatomical Integration and Mimicry Software (AIMS for short) used universally in mechs, but to do anything otherwise could be seen as disrespectful to a commanding officer. Captain Knight walks you further through the hangar and the automated lights illuminate six rows of mechs in the giant hangar. As you stare at them, the Captain continues. "I'm sure you already know all this, but the Guard use typically 6 types of mech. The Grave Hound, Howling Dragon, Break Wolf, Dust Cougar, Ghost Fox, and Battle Crane. Each one has its purpose on the battlefield. You're stuck with it til death do you part, so choose wisely." He grins and walks towards the a door to the southern end of the hangar before lighting up a cigarette and leaning against the metal wall. You wonder if he is letting you chose out of wisdom or laziness.

>Check out the Grave Hound.
>Check out the Howling Dragon.
>Check out the Break Wolf.
>Check out the Dust Cougar.
>Check out the Ghost Fox.
>Check out the Battle Crane.
>>
>>48065017
What's the purpose of each, since I have ever played the mecha rpg.
>>
>>48065051
Checking out the mechs will give you a summary of the mech and its base stats.
>>
>>48065017
>>Check out the Break Wolf.
>Check out the Howling Dragon.
>>
>>48065017
>>Check out the Grave Hound.
>Check out the Dust Cougar.
>>
>>48065017
You might as well just drop all their stats into a Pastebin, SixWing and link it in the next post then give us the choice of which we'd like to choose.
>>
I'll consolidate them later. For now choose one to inspect first.
>>
File: Ghost Fox.jpg (62 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Fox.jpg
62 KB, 480x640
>>48065217
You decide to check out the Ghost Fox first. The machine is painted in dull black and grey, though a central point on its chest glows with a ghostly blue-green light. The armor is lacking, almost looking like a bare skeleton compared to other mechs in the hangar. You understand that give it much more maneuverablility compared to most of the other mechs, but at the cost of all of that armor, you aren't sure. You stare at the pulsing core puzzled about its purpose, but once you get a look at the cockpit you understand. A screen a switch reside on one side of the pilot's chair. In closer inspection you see that the readout contains information about an honest-to-god cloaking system. Real Invisibility! This tech was only just being tested in labs when you were in the academy, but now its out and already being used out in the field. Beside the mech is a single massive rifle. It looks like it could do quite a lot of damage to a single target at mid- to long range.

>Weapons: 1
>Armor: 1
>Technology: 3
>Speed: 3

>Possible Configurations: Flanker (can spend an action point to gain extra damage when flanking an enemy), Prowler (spend an action point to activate stealth for a short amount of time)

Which mech do you want to insepct next?
>Grave Hound
>Howling Dragon
>Break Wolf
>Dust Cougar
>Battle Crane
>>
>>48065546
>>Break Wolf
>>
>>48065546
>>Dust Cougar
>>
Well boys and girls, I'll have to unfortunately call it here. I might run this again some other time, but I'll be returning to form with Fledgling Super Quest soon. Thank you for the fun time while it lasted and hope you all enjoy your Fourth of July weekend!
>>
>>48065941
Ah well. Thanks for running!
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.