[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the goofiest thing you've ever done in a RPG? >last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
What is the goofiest thing you've ever done in a RPG?

>last session
>trying to set the scenery for the town they're traveling too
>it's a rural village, thriving on commerce and agricuture
>lately it's been harassed by kobolds
>on the way there they find a broken down wagon with some corpses
>nearby are some bushes
>"I check the bushes"
>roll perception to see if you're surprised by what's inside
>a cat jumps out
>one of my players jokingly asks if it wears boots
>lightbulb.jpg
>"No, but it does stand on two legs. Also, it claims to be a prophet on his way to becoming the Cat God, and asks for your monetary contribution to the cause"
>laughter all around
>Player asks the cat to demonstrate his power
>Cat casts animate dead and makes the corpses dance
>PCs give him a couple coins, asks him to join them
>in the end cat goes his own way, he'll eventually come around to help the PCs
>>
>>48061638
I once had a cat show up on a dwarven mastersmith's waiting room. Apparently he'd purchased full plate from the dwarf. Kinda like those neko things from Monster Hunter. The players struck up conversation with him, apparently a local noble who I included as a plot hook had killed his father for not being able to pay taxes so he was gonna get revenge.

They were in the middle of planning to stop a coup but fucked up so civil war occurred. The cat later returned as leader of an entire company of feline mercs called Mousers.
>>
>>48061719
>The cat later returned as leader of an entire company of feline mercs called Mousers.
"And just like that, it was stolen by another DM!"
>>
Probably using the early game BBEG as a mount. It made sense at the time.
>>
>>48061638
>Encounter wall we need to get someone across
>Rogue fails three climb checks in a row
>Barbarian gets frustrated, picks her up, and throws her over the wall
>16 to throw, 1 for aim
>Head hits the rim of the wall. Rogue goes over said wall, lands on the other side, and passes out.
>Wizard realizes he has Spider Climb prepared.
>>
>>48062562

Wah-wah-wah-waaaaaaaaah.
>>
I once allowed the Interdimensional Gravity Cat Team Transportation Unit in a 3.5 game because the shark had already been jumped long before at that point. Essentially, the party needed to reach a temple entrance carved into the mountainside. You might think, "hey, some spider climb and let's call it a day." You would not be the group's most vocal and *ahem* creative member. After a twenty minute debate, he had the rest of the 9-person party on board with his latest hare-brained scheme: pet cat plus buttered toast equals antigravity. Oh, and since we only have two cats (party mascots, of course) we'll need some contraption to get everyone up there at once. So somehow attach them to the wagon -the elf rogue is handy with stuff like that, so she'll figure it out...

Multiple natural 20s later, and everyone is up on the cliff. This abomination got added to repeatedly over time until it was useful for breaking in to pocket dimensions with unknown and unknowable environments.

This is what happens when no one wants to play the wizard.
>>
>>48061638
Gundams in a fantasy setting:
G(nome) Golem is an actual underground society where gnomes pilot golems in a hidden battle arena known only to the rich and magically powerful.
The history teacher at the most prestigious magical university in the world used to be a fighter in her heyday, and she still knows how to design and repair the golems. She'll even train you a bit and teach you fighting tips if you know how to ask.

Or that one time I set up a cache of traps the party stumbled their way through only to find out that the prize at the end of it was a gold statue of a gnome wizard in the thinker pose (thankfully, he was clothed).
When they tried to sell it to a high-end antique dealer, I rolled to see if the dealer recognized the figure (the wizard's a recurring NPC in the setting). He did, and promptly informed the PCs that they couldn't pay him to take it.
>>
>Playing tabletop with friends, forget what system (I think it was FATE, might've been Dresden Files RPG).
>Know nothing of the setting, but thankfully the game isn't serious at all.
>Decide to make a character who's an alchemist.
>Who has no clue how alchemy works or what he's doing.

>Grab any sort of substance that might be imbued with metaphorical properties (burned rubber from a speeding motorcycle, tears from a crying maiden, blood smears from a hobo fight over a bottle of hooch...)
>Mix all of these together in no particular fashion and try them out with no clue what they do.
>Wind up animating the beard of our wizard, it now moves of its own volition and uses a twig as a staff to cast spells.
>Accidentally temporarily turn a guy I'm trying to save into a horror who has one orifice through which he hears, speaks, and sees.
>When I finally get a harming potion out of several ingredients prepared a certain way, accidentally forget what the final ingredient was and wind up accidentally transforming an enemy wizard into a dire chimera.
>>
>>48061638
>What is the goofiest thing you've ever done in a RPG?

We did NOT rape the elven princess.
The GM thought we were absolute madmen.
>>
>>48061638
Had a player take his mech through a ship's corridors because the pirate raiding party they were fighting had smaller, better scaled mechs. He and his walker passed all the tests to tard-rage warp the bulkheads. Permanent, millions-of-credits damage to the ship's interior, but god damn was it in character.

>everyone has better robots than I do
>well fuck you guys I spent good cred on this shit
>destroys ship interior angrily walking to the Bridge
>calls the captain of the ship a fuckstick for making his robot obsolete

It was also after he blared "X Gon' Give It To Ya" through his mech's speakers and ran through an active powergrid to jackhammer armed goons to death. The mech barely made it out of there in one piece, but he made his joke and it was fucking great.

In-character implications are that now, throughout the setting, people are trying stupid shit with his brand of Mech as a meme
>>
I like this thread. I don't play enough non-serious games.
>>
I let one of my players murder the entire elven ruling family except a princess and take over the kingdom as emperor. Many 20s were rolled that day.
>>
>>48061719
This is cute as hell. Like >>48062145 said, I'm stealing this.
>>
>>48061638
It's not terribly dramatic, but our Dragonborn Sorcerer has taken, in character, to using Prestidigitation to create amusing sound effects in otherwise serious situations.

>Be Paladin
>Going with Cleric to talk to some guys
>"Sir, are you aware these woods are infested with undead?"
>Sentence is followed by DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Generally, the Sorcerer is the source of all the usual first-level antics.

>Trying to convince pixies to show themselves
>Generally making a show of peacefulness
>Nothing
>Try to make them laugh with antics
>Nothing, nearby NPCs confused
>Fighter and Sorcerer push me over for slapstick comedy
>Sorcerer provides goofy sound effects with prestidigitation
>Nothing
>Sorcerer then disrobes to be "natural" and show friendship to pixies
>Pixies are unimpressed by lizard dong

Now that he's figured out all the little things he can do with it, I'm a little bit scared. Given that this is his first time playing D&D, he's picked up worryingly quickly on all the shenanigans he can get away with using cantrips and 18 Charisma.
>>
>>48064049
This needs to happen in more games. NPCs trying to replicate dumb pc tricks as a meme.

>People of every race and gender dressing up like the bard, puts moves on nearby "disguised" broom. Orcs crooning terribly in the background
>Unused mechs have cockpits retrofitted to form various kinds of appliances (super AC and shelves makes it a fridge, computer and emulator make it a gaming platform, radio speakers hot wired to boombox make it a stereo system, pilots chair replaced with lazy boy and instruments replaced with book shelves, etc.)
>Elf puts herself in manacles "Imma slav, wat do"
>Various wizards polymorphing random shit into little girls
>Shadowrunners create data base of each other doing the dumbest shit possible to break into a museum's security system, when the password clue is clearly displayed onscreen as a simple history question
>>
>>48063977
But why?
>>
File: o fuck said hamlet.jpg (13 KB, 324x98) Image search: [Google]
o fuck said hamlet.jpg
13 KB, 324x98
>>48067045
The players also have a video clip floating around of a gunship getting blasted by a frigate's main gun, with a tagline "Don't fuck with the Black Scribes."

They got a pretty fat bonus from High Command about that shit, and it was fucking hilarious to roll "wat do" tests for everyone that was watching.
>>
Main quest giver/plot driver was a gnomish necromancer who animated various pets he had at one point.
>>
>>48067359

Some men... Some men don't want to watch the world burn...
>>
>>48062145
>>48066340
ever underestimate the monster hunting capabilities of your friendly neighborhood palicos!
>>
bemp
>>
>>48061638
>the goofiest thing you've ever done in a RPG
Once in Vampire, a guy hired my Malkavian to get an item off a boat. And he told it was important it be done "quietly", putting the typical Mr. Johnson emphasis on the word. So I went down to the docks and murdered every person within a hundred feet, burned down the ship, and walked through the city with Dread on, sending hundreds of people screaming in terror. When I delivered to the guy, he asked if I had done it quietly, and I told him, "I didn't say a word."

Paid me extra.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.