[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 1280x724) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 1280x724
I'm new to 40k and I'm trying to build an army and I'm torn between the imperial guard and the nids what are the pros and cons of both?
>>
>>48061459
GW loves to give shiny new things to Imperial Guard, especially because that army has a lot of autists who drop $800 for a plastic tank instead of building one out of cardboard.

So you should probably pick nids.
>>
True but the nids have so many models you have to put on the tabe one has to wonder if the price weighs out in the end
>>
File: clearsky.webm (3 MB, 1700x730) Image search: [Google]
clearsky.webm
3 MB, 1700x730
>>48061459
>Wargame: Eye of Terror Escalation
I didn't know I needed that in my life so much.

>>48061549
Guard is really affordable if you proxy, and I've yet to see a place refusing someone with not!ww2 miniatures.
>>
>>48061459
>imperial guard
great tanks, loads of infantry, reliable performance, solid unit interaction, endless Forgeworld stuff, tons of support, actually playable
>tyranids
lots of big griblies, fairly nice models, supposedly *very* popular with female players
>>
>>48061459
Guard get badass points and variety.
Nids nids nids nids nids, nids nids nids.
>>
nids nids n
>>48063491
oh.
>>
>>48061459
Nids are the NPC faction and are pretty much unplayable.

Guard you can proxy with historicals.
>>
>>48061459

Depends how much you like the Hive Tyrant with wings.
If you're answer is 'I'd literally take 3+ in every army I write and want more than 50% of my points invested into them' then you should play 'Nids.
Otherwise the Guard.
>>
>>48062996
>I didn't know I needed that in my life so much.

I did. I can only hope that considering Focus have published numerous GW games in the past that they and Eugensoft will make the connection.

I mean, what are Eugens even working on right now? Some more unit patches for Red Dragon?
>>
Now, im usually a guard player, and sometimes i tried the nids of another's guy army.

they are really funny, but maybe its just me that only play's for fun
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.