[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: Thunderstrike Brotherhood.jpg (300 KB, 1280x858) Image search: [Google]
Thunderstrike Brotherhood.jpg
300 KB, 1280x858
>resources
pastebin.com/LPEdZcTi

Let the storm rage on edition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread
>>48041710
>>
First for forge world please make chaos dwarfs a real army again
>>
>>48057138
>>
File: j88.jpg (48 KB, 600x443) Image search: [Google]
j88.jpg
48 KB, 600x443
So, about them Sylvaneth. Looking through the points, Treekin seem incredibly cheap for what they do and since they retain the Sylvaneth keyword I can stuff them into the force without losing anything.
So, looking through conversions and found these here. I think they look awesome, would you be okay with those being fielded as Treekin?
>>
>>48057271
how much treekin cost?
>>
File: witch elf altar.jpg (398 KB, 929x1388) Image search: [Google]
witch elf altar.jpg
398 KB, 929x1388
Daughters of Khaine (feat. Darkling Covens) coming to cut some dicks off:

>General:
>Cauldron of Blood 220 Pts

>Battleline:
>10 Dreadspears 80 Pts
>10 Dreadspears 80 Pts

>30 Witch Aelves 420 Pts

>Bloodwrack Medusae 120 Pts
>Sorceress 80 Pts
OR
>4 Doomfire Warlocks 200 Pts

>Total: 1000 Pts

Taking the Tenacious command trait for one more Wound and the Pheonix Stone to heal one wound in my hero phase to keep the cauldron bubbling.
The Warlocks would be better against more elite armies with a smaller model count and the Bloodwrack Medusae + Sorceress would be against most other armies.
Any other ideas you gus think would be good?

I was afraid with 1000 pts being the smallest game we woud go back to needing big ass armies but the costs seem to be big enough for everything to stay decently small.
>>
>>48057350
100 for 3, cheaper than 10 Dryads and as much as 5 Revenants. This gets you 9 damage 2 attacks with 12 Wounds at a 4+ Save.
>>
>>48057429
Could you convert the Kornuth Hunters to Proxy as Tree-Kin? Like if you just give them fists or something?
>>
>>48057417
I agree with the regen on the Cauldron, but since the extra wound doesn't affect its damage chart (it regards wounds suffered, not wounds remaining) I wouldn't take Tenacious but Reckless or Inspiring. I'd also go with the Medusa and the Sorceress because Doomfire Warlocks are really only worth it in units of 15.

You aren't Boob Elf anon from last thread are you?
>>
>>48057540
I think they'd be too big; they're basically half-size Treelords. Besides, just about the only thing in the Sylvaneth list that's better than Treekin are Kurnoth Hunters.
>>
>>48057540
>>48057429
>>48057350
>>48057271

Problem is though that Tree-Kin don't feature in any of the battalions
>>
>>48057540
>Like if you just give them fists or something?
dryad claws/branches would probably fit without much issue
>>
>>48057569
Okay, the Old Treekin just don't look that good next to the new Sylvaneth since they are styled like the 6th/7th edition Treeman.

I mean, Treekin look very charming because I like the whole Walking Branches look but they will stick out visually.
>>
File: Untitled.png (479 KB, 880x819) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
479 KB, 880x819
Assuming his rules don't change when he changes into Spirit Of, what would be good command abilities and artefacts to put on Durthu? I was thinking Legendary Fighter (+1 attack, for 4 on the big sword) and Phoenix Gem (heal a wound each hero phase).
>>
For skelebro from last thread:

>>48056835
Tomb Blade should go on the Wight King. You can transfer the heal to any unit in range.

If you aren't rezing 2+ wound units with the Herald, he is sorta pointless. He's made to abuse chariots/necro knights.

Switch the herald for a necromancer, imo, and stack them skellies together into two 20 squads and a 10.

You only get 5 turns in a normal game, so make them count. Death may be good at incremental advantage, but you won't squeeze much out in 5 turns. What is your plan? Tarpitting objectives until the shot clock runs out?
>>
>>48057572
Not anything I'd see as a problem. In 1000 points most Battalions are too expensive to be useful anyway.

>>48057596
Yeah, they probably would, wouldn't they. Eh, maybe I can do it with decent painting. Though yeah, the actual Treekin models look.. eh.

>>48057611
Well, I think the only thing about him that might change is the Command. I mean, look at Kurnoth Hunters' Command relay. That basically screams "Hey, the army will get a targeted Command buff", at least to me.

For Artifacts, I wouldn't even assume at this point, as Sylvaneth will get their own Artifacts and Traits. If I were to play them with the generic Order stuff, I'd take the Phoenix Gem and Reckless though. Huge-ass circle of rerolling run and charge rolls? Yes, please.
>>
>Tfw interested in AoS
>Live in the capital of my country
>Country has a fairly big wargaming scene
>Can't find anyone to play AoS with

Well that sucks. Even went on the biggest AoS group on FB (the one for my specific country) and asked, only guy who replied lived like 4 hours away.

Shit sucks, seems like a fun game actually.
>>
>>48057611
Maybe his "rules" won't change but he won't be a hero anymore. So no command abilities and artifacts for them. Right?

Btw. the Battletome comes with new artifacts and command abilities, so isn't useless to evaluate with only the generic order ones.
>>
>>48057669
>Sylvaneth will get their own Artifacts and Traits
I am dumb. In my excitement I forgot all about this.
>>
File: Slyvaneth.jpg (998 KB, 2200x1766) Image search: [Google]
Slyvaneth.jpg
998 KB, 2200x1766
>>48057686
He has the "Leader" battlefield role, according to the points page at least, so I'd assumed he was still a Hero.
>>
>>48057547
I thouht about taking reckless but since the Witch Aelves can reroll one dice when they charge anyway that seemed kinda pointless to me. Inspiring just seems pointless since the witch aelves are gonna be immune to battleshock and I don't thik it's worth it just for the Dreadspears.

Nah.
>>
>>48057108 #
Reposing:
Herald doesn't need to hold hands, but the standard is too good for my brick formation, and the blade I can just use for his own good. The knights are part of the formation and must be taken, and I need to use 3 skelly units as well. Taken in 10's because that's what I have atm & there wouldn't be points enough for the extra bros. Could exchange TH for a necro for the save/bolt, but the rez might work better for keeping the smaller units alive.
>>
>>48057702
Touché.

You're right.
>>
>>48057683
Well, you can always try to convince WHFB players. Now with the point system coming, that might be even easier.
Because in my experience, and I know how harsh this sounds, WHFB players will at some point try AoS out because playing a game they consider inferior will still beat not playing at all because there's nobody to play with.
No, that's not wishful thinking, that's how half of the AoS player base in our local store came to be.

>Hey, wanna play some AoS?
>Well, how about some WHFB instead
>Sorry, got everything on round bases, no Core and not the first clue about how WHFB plays
>Well alright, let's have a look at your shit game
>...
>Well that wasn't half bad.
>>
>>48057771
Well, a Necromancer on Nightmare would actually work quite well. Vanhel's Danse Macabre would turn your Chariots from damn powerful to absolutely frightening
>>
>>48057243
Alarielle the Everwaifu
>>
Should I run a Daemonette unit as 20 or 30? 20 means if I lose one I suddenly lose any advantage but 30 is expensive.
>>
>>48058155
You're talking about Matched I suspect?

I suggest you play one blob of 30, but find something very cheap to fill your other Battleline slots, like Marauders or Ungors.
>>
>>48058200
CLANRATS!
>>
So, Im the person from the last thread whobwas looking for army ideas, and I've come up with a few different groups for you all to comment on. However, I am always open to recommendations, or any neat ideas you can think up. Heres what I have at the moment though:

>Steam Punk Humans
Basically, A army that takes influence from the game Dishonored. They comes with a focus on relatively advanced Steampunk units, along with a back up of basic foot soldiers. Lore wise, they are the army/guards of a large port city in the Realm of Shadow, which relies on the great levithans of the deep and their precious oils as a way to power their weapons and light their city. To protect themselves from the taint of Chaos, they watched by a highly authotorian cult of Sigmar.
>Chaos Warband
After watching Archaeon escape the machinations of Chaos and form his own destiny, a Charaismatic warlord decides to follow in his example. However, instead of following in Archaeon in the path of ruination, this Warlord takes it upon himself to gather those who survive the assaults of Archaeon, and form from them his warriors, figuring that if they can survive the ruination brought by the Everchosen, surely they are capable warriors. The warlord even goes out of his way to settle disputes and stop fights, hoping to ensure true loyalty to himself.
>Bretonnian themed Treemen
By a strange, fey technicallity, Araellie ttooka few souls of Bretonnian knights and ladys, for they had once died protecting Athel Loren. Thus, they were transformed into Slyvaneth upon the rebirth of Araellie. At first overwhepmed with the change, they soon grew used to the feudal structure of the Treelords. Led by a new, mysterious Green Knight and his court of Hedge Knights, they fight for their new Bretonnia. Although they do not ride steeds, they still stride through battle, baring their ancient colors and iconography.

These are just the most thought out ideas I have, but like Ive said, im always looking for suggestions.
>>
Anyone read the Sigvald book?

Is it any good?
>>
>>48058002
never played whf, believed the shitposting
decided to buy an empire battalion because i liked the models and aos was played a lot at my store
turned out to be really fun, and less of a hassle to set up than 40k
>>
What army are girls supposed to play since there are no tyranids?
>>
>>48058316
the first one is the least special snowflake of them all
the second one is the biggest special snowflake of them all but it won't cost you your left kidney in conversion bits
the third one is interesting but i have no idea how you'dd convert those , trees with greathelms ? also making an oc character that tries to follow in the footsteps of Giles le Breton is just shitty
>>
>>48058369
elves
>>
>>48058316
The second one doesn't sound very Chaos-y, with the warlord looking to stop fights in his ranks and generally be a jolly nice chap so everyone likes him.
>>
>>48058383
>>48058369
Skaven, because furry little critters. Skaven are only scary on their artwork but their mini's are kinda adorable
>>
>>48058383
The tree gundam isn't very girl friendly, and neither are the nudist elf barbarians
>>
File: Sylvaneth.jpg (294 KB, 700x368) Image search: [Google]
Sylvaneth.jpg
294 KB, 700x368
>>48058369
Sylvaneth.
>>
Bloab Rotspawned Chariot dude here. I have my list. It's glorious.

1k points (unchanged)
Leaders -
Lord on Daemonic Mount (140) - General
Bloab Rotspawned (260)

Battleline -
10x Horrors (140)
10x Gors (80) - will probably use Tzaangor models as proxy or Tzaangors if points are similiar

Rest -
2x Gorebeast Chariot (200)
1x Burning Chariot of Tzeentch(160)
Total 980 points

1.5k points
Originally here I had a Bloodstoker, 20 Daemonettes and a Herald on Burning Chariot. However this is kinda shitty because a) herald on chariot is meh b) Bloodstoker can only buff 2 chariots in the army and c) Daemonettes can only wound in one phase, which doesn't match my gameplan really. Also 20 Daemonettes doesn't really help as if one does they kinda suck.

Instead.
Herald of Tzeentch on foot (120)
10x Pink Horrors (140)
Burning Chariot (160)
Gorebeast Chariot (100)

Total - exactly 1500

This is great because I get an extra Gorebeast chariot (I love the model), which helps me as well because then I can use my Command Ability more. An extra burning chariot gives me a whole bunch more dakka, and Horrors and a Herald give me shooting and Magic, which really helps the army and the gameplan (wound in as many phases as possible)

For 2k I'm not sure yet, but I will probably take
Bloodstoker (80)
Skullcrushers of Khorne x3 (160)

This leaves me with 260 points so I'm not entirely sure how to spend those. I'll have to think about it. I would like to add the Ogre from Silver tower but I'll probably be running 1.5k mostly anyway. I really like the list even though it means my poor Bloodstoker has to be benched - maybe I can drop the Gors for him occasionally if my enemy agrees to 2+ battleline at 1.5k.
>>
>>48058371
Well, for Chaos, I actually plan on buying a variety of different models from different people, so as to represent how the warband was gathered. Some Shield Maidens from Frostwolf, Some warriors from Avatars of War and some from Mom's miniatures. Basucally, its a Chaos cult that operates somewhat like current ones, praying on the weak, and offering safety and a home, in exchange for loyalty and revenge against Archaeon.

For the Sylvanneth, Exactly on the spot, but the Dryads will have the least of it all. Here's how I figure the parallel:
Treelord-> Lord
BranchWraith-> Damsel
Spirit Revnant-> Knights of the Realm
Kurnoth Hunters-> Grail Knights
Dryads-> Men at Arms
Treekin-> Questor Knights
>>
>>48058002
>try to convince WHFB players
It would be easier to convince them to dance naked coverd in syrup from head to toe.
>>48057683
>>48058002
Also the game is shit, just deal with it.
>>
>>48058390
Thee Warlord does this as a way to cement his power base, and keep away the whole backstabbing tendencies of Chaos. By promoting himself as the idol of Chaos, and not encouraging traitorous actions, he's able to keep a diverse group of peoples under his thumb. They're still evil bastards, and the Warlord is still sure to only bother recruiting helpful people. He's just practicing the Ciaphas Cain strategy of Survival
>>
>>48058444
>tentacles
Seems legit.
>>
>>48058534
guess u never heard of vines before
>>
>>48058333
>and less of a hassle to set up than 40k

SO MUCH THIS.
Last Saturday I played AoS next to the 40k table at the local store. Both tables started at the same time. We got through 2 whole games before they'd started the first turn. We played through a third one and started a fourth before their fliers arrived.

>>48058369
When AoS started out, I saw a couple girls buying Vampires and Sylvaneth.
>>
>>48058461
Oh, I actually remember you
>>
>>48058582
Yeah sorry I basically post variations on the same list every few days and get like 1 reply
>>
>>48058514
you sound fun at parties

All in all I'm really excited for the points system. I've had a look at the book in my local store and I much prefer the points system to the current clusterfuck.

Torn between a deathrattle or flesheater counts army for AoS.
>>
File: image.png (313 KB, 400x484) Image search: [Google]
image.png
313 KB, 400x484
>>48058369
SKAVEN!!! THE HORNED RAT!!! FOR SKAVENBLIGHT!!! KILL KILL THE MAN-THINGS!!! ROT-WITHER THE REALMS!!!
>>
So registration for the LVO is happening. And they are doing an AoS GT. And according to them GW with have a hand in supporting the event.

Tis truly a new era for GW.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PWGde24mI8q2aeZIR4nhOnS7tmPP8uY2Jx50a5fEOOk/edit
>>
>>48058594
>you sound fun at parties
I'm.
>I'm really excited for the points system
Of course you are, you can start playing at last.
>I much prefer anything to the current clusterfuck.
Fify.
Have fun matey.
>>
>>48058532
Eh. I'm not feeling it. He says he's an idol of chaos, but he's unwilling to deliver an arsekicking in his own ranks. That just makes him look weak, and perceived weakness leads to challenges. And about
>not encouraging traitorous actions
Other chaos warlords don't encourage their followers to stab them in the back, it's just a thing that happens.

And his warband apparently consists of evil bastards who are helpful people. How are they simultaneously evil bastards and helpful people?

Are you sure you don't want to play Free Peoples with this? It's just not Chaos at all, as you're describing it. Remember, Free Peoples don't have to be worshippers of Sigmar or whoever.
>>
>>48058369
I like Skaven.
>>
File: 1462585666417.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1462585666417.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>48058514
Here's your (You)
>>
>>48058647
see >>48058670
>>
>>48058591
I think that's mainly because your list is just damn good already. If you set up all the pieces correctly, you can absolutely obliterate whatever stands in your way and it's decently tough all things considered and yet it doesn't feel completely overpowered.
>>
>>48058737
Thanks :). I just love choosing a theme and optimising it no matter how wacky the theme. Once it's all assembled and painted I'll definitely post pictures, I'm just helping my girlfriend do her Seraphon right now and finishing up Silver tower.
>>
Glad to see people making lists at 1000 points. Felt for awhile part of why WFB went under was the creep in size, from both GW lowering points costs and the community wanting to use all their stuff (typical game-size in my area was 2500). That was a huge barrier to entry.
>>
>>48058648
>Are you sure you don't want to play Free Peoples with this? It's just not Chaos at all, as you're describing it. Remember, Free Peoples don't have to be worshippers of Sigmar or whoever

There are? Huh. I thought everyone sorta worshipped nowadays. Well, the only problem I honestly have with freepeople is that Im not huge on their aesthetic, while Chaos warriors and such look really nice. Im not a huge fan of their HRE looks, while the Chaos factions have awesome looking guys, like the Exalted Hero, the Armored Warriors, and have a awesome variety of options of conversions or non-gw models. I just dont like the whole Insane, backstabbing army of loonatics part of the fluff
>>
>>48058030
No chariots in my 1000 pt list tho. Those would fit well with a 2000 pt, since I have 5 of them laying around. So maybe those along with a bone giant and some kitbashed necro knights for the 2000 mark with buffed skelly units?
>>
How well does the Tzeentch 'theme' function presently? I imagine still not as good as Khorne and Nurgle, but does it have more game now?
>>
>>48058960
Sounds like a plan. The Necromancer still fits though with all the normal skellies and Grave Guard. Have him buff either the 20 block or the 10 GG and he'll do just fine. Or, if you really can't leave the Herald out, consider dropping the Archers to make room for the Necromancer. Unless they're part of the Battalion, but I'm pretty sure they aren't.
>>
>>48059050
see >>48058670
>>
How's my 1k?

-1plague furnace (220)
-30 plague monks x2 (420)
-Congregation of filth (60)
-10 plague censer bearers (120)
-15 plague censer bearers (180)
Total of 1000 points. Was originally 940, because I ran one unit of 20 censer bearers.
>>
>>48059003
Oh it works alright. Tzeentch Mortals are dead hard thanks to all the Save rerolls they toss around while Tzeentch Daemons are fast and damaging as hell (6 damage D3 attacks for a single Exalted Flamer), but can't take that much damage. It's a shame they got rid of Forsaken though, because in my opinion, nothing screams Tzeentch as much as they did.
>>
>>48059097
How about leaving some Censer Bearers out and adding some Plagueclaws?
>>
>>48059144
Each claw is 180, so I guess I could axe the 15 for a claw leaving myself with 10.
>>
>>48059144
My 2k uses two claws, so I might as well
>>
How's this look at 2k? Specifically built around what will be an Avatar of Tyrion and his small battlehost.

Tyrion: 260
Luminark of Hysh: 240
Dragonlord: 400
Dragon Noble: 100
20 Spearmen: 160
10 Silver Helms: 280
5 Judicators: 160
5 Dragon Blades: 160
5 Dragon Blades: 160
Dragonlord Host: 80

Hope to get second turn. If you do, let the enemy come to you, and counter-charge them t1. If you get first turn, activate Dragonhost and charge them t1 anyway. Push the Luminark, the Judicators, and the Spearmen up as a blob, with the spearmen bubble wrapping the other two.Dragons aren't subtle tools, but they're very effective ones.
>>
>>48059003
Horrors are very good, Tzeentch is really shooty, really fast and really frail. It's basically glass cannon which is ok. Some of the Silver Tower stuff is weirdly tanky so when that gets points we might see that thrown around a bit.
>>
So what's neo Ariel's fluff?
>>
>>48059520
I'll tell you tomorrow when I've got the white dwarf in my hand. Leakers don't tend to leak the fluff pages, sadly.
>>
>>48059056
Yeah, they're not. I added the herald purely for more rezzing. Normally is d6/d3 for gg and bk, but batallion kicks it up by +1 and the banner would have done the same. The question is really if I'm better served with one more rez per turn per unit or a necro/liche priest for the buff magics.
2 k list would fit the same +
5 chariots - 280
3 necro knights - 160
3 necro knights - 160
Necromancer - 120
Liche priest - 120
Buffing each skelly unit to 20 each - +160 points
>>
>>48059520
She is the goddess of life now, ruler of the realm of life. At first, she was a goddess of Sorrow, sad over the death of the old world. Nurgle got word of this, and decided that Araellie would make a beautiful addition to his garden, and invaded, hoping to corrupt the plane. After wounding Araellie, he got pretty close, but thanks to the efforts of the stormcast, she was reborn as a warrior goddess.
>>
File: SE1.jpg (170 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
SE1.jpg
170 KB, 960x960
>>48057138

Hello fellow kids, are you interested in learning more about the adventures of your favourite Stormcast Eternalsâ„¢ Stormhostâ„¢? Then consider picking up these titles that correspond to your favourite Stormhostâ„¢ from Black Libraryâ„¢ today!
>>
File: SE2.jpg (140 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
SE2.jpg
140 KB, 960x960
>>48057138

Only the Faithful!â„¢
>>
File: SE3.jpg (151 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
SE3.jpg
151 KB, 960x960
>>48057138

For Sigmar!â„¢
>>
File: SE4.jpg (158 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
SE4.jpg
158 KB, 960x960
>>48057138

Duty and Honour!â„¢
>>
>>48059639
Sounds better than most AoS fluff.
>>
>>48059615
Or I can sub in Arkhan for 340 somewhere, since I have the model.
>>
File: 1464888496123.jpg (302 KB, 658x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464888496123.jpg
302 KB, 658x1200
Hang on a minute. Alarielle cut off her right hand in order to create the Lady of Vines (her right-hand branchwraith, geddit?). Why then is it her left hand that's missing?
>>
If anyone is interested, some guy on reddit made a point calculator for new general's handbook:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/4q7f6k/generals_handbook_point_calculator/
>>
File: 1393998092327.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1393998092327.gif
1 MB, 500x281
Anywhere leaked the WD with english rules?
>>
Any examples of Bloodbound lists? I see the synergies, but what do you prioritize at 1000? What do you branch out to by 2000? Is it worth incorporating Daemons or Slaves to Darkness?
>>
File: 1467207054387.jpg (146 KB, 764x796) Image search: [Google]
1467207054387.jpg
146 KB, 764x796
>>48059991
I've seen them for Alarielle, the kurnoth hunters and the two -reverent units. Don't have drycha or the branchwych in english I'm afraid.

1/4
>>
File: 1467207118721.jpg (90 KB, 773x517) Image search: [Google]
1467207118721.jpg
90 KB, 773x517
>>48060028
2/4
>>
>>48060005
Blood reavers are pretty much bread and butter. You need a bloodsecrator and then maybe an exalted hero and some wrath monger. There's so much synergy there you can't really go wrong if you hunt it down
>>
File: 1467207181384.jpg (78 KB, 769x515) Image search: [Google]
1467207181384.jpg
78 KB, 769x515
>>48060046
3/4
>>
File: 1467207244490.jpg (71 KB, 772x519) Image search: [Google]
1467207244490.jpg
71 KB, 772x519
>>48060063
4/4
>>
>>48060079

Really dont get the purpose of these...
>>
>>48060005
War shrine and Skulkcannon are good but not worth in 1k games. Khorne Daemones are Meh except maybe the flesh hounds, though I've yet to see someone run them.
>>
File: 1463854491972.gif (1 MB, 400x253) Image search: [Google]
1463854491972.gif
1 MB, 400x253
>>48060079
>>48060063
>>48060046
>>48060028

ty stranger
>>
Anyone have any cool alternate colours for pink horrors ? Preferably with pictures
>>
>>48060028
>>48060046
>>48060063
>>48060079
So are the sylvaneth tied to the elves in any way? Like, do Alarielle or her tree-people care if elves are killed? Or humans for that matter? Like, what is the lore here? Are they only interested in protecting the forests or do they actively take part in Order's struggles?
>>
>>48060278
blue.
>>
>>48060465
Ah shit I meant colour schemes :/ I've seen some great black and white ones
>>
>>48060483
I understood, it was a pun. Sorry anon.
>>
>>48060286
According to GA:Order, Sylvaneth consider WE as "estranged cousins" and HE/DE as untrustworthy and crazy respectively.
As for the other Order factions, if your curious:
Stormcasts are seen as abominations because they're outside the cycle of death and rebirth and most other Order factions they'll tolerate uncomfortably until one desecrates their holy places (read: fells a Wyldwood tree for firewood)
>>
>>48060531
Yeah I know I was asking for it with that wording. I chuckled
>>
>>48060591
Sounds like they should be fine with Nagash then.
>>
>>48060140
1) Small units hiding between your Dryads to lower enemy morale
2) blocks worth of them buffed by Drycha
3) maybe some Battalions buff them to dick-finity
4) maybe some spells in their lore are especially good for them
Not saying they're great, but I can see some potential
>>
>>48060153
Bloodletters are actually incredible, especially when buffed by a Bloodsecrator.
Imagine:
Bloodletters + Chaos Allegiance Battle Trait + Command Trait "Lord of War" + Bloodsecrator + Locus ability of reroll 1s To Hit

Potentially, this gives you Bloodletters that attack twice, hit on rerollable 2+ and each 4+ immediately makes a Mortal Wound. On average 18 Bloodletters would make 9.3 Wounds at -1 Rend and 21 Mortal Wounds. That's pretty terrifying, but you have to properly support them.
>>
>>48060797
Oooh that's pretty nasty, I must have overlooked that.
>>
Have points for dispossessed been leaked? I do not see any in the leak doc except for a couple battalions.
>>
>>48060963
really? have you even looked in the OP links? look again
>>
So I bought "King Vladivostoks big gay ghoul orgy" and I have no idea what variant I should assemble and why.

I want to have a ghoul king rather than a vampire lord, but I don't know if the terrorgheist or zombie dragon is better. I like the model of the dragon better though.

I much prefer crypt flayers to crpyt horrors visually but the horrors just seem better.

Any advice?
>>
Wait... If people want blue horrors, why don't they just paint the pink ones blue?
>>
Order Serpentis, Vanguard (1000pts)

Dreadlord on Black Dragon
5x Drakenspawn Knights
5x Drakenspawn Knights
Drakenspawn Chariot
Hydra

How would this do?
>>
>>48061325
Because rules wise pink horrors split into blue horrors.
>>
>>48060140
I could see a small squad of these using a sort of combined-arms approach with the Drychnaught. Debuff the enemy for the spell and provide some ablative armor against charges. I mean, it's not much and it might be actually interesting if Drycha made the battle line if she was general.
These and Tree Revs really feel like they should be 2 wound guys.
>>
>>48061209
Just play whichever is visually more appealing.
The Terrorgheist and Zombie Dragon are pretty equally powerful all things considered. The Horrors ARE better than the Flayers in terms of raw damage output at least though the Flayers are probably more consistent. If you really can't make peace with the Horror's design and the Flayers' rules, just build Flayers and play them as Horrors but be sure to tell your opponent about it.

Also consider that by deviating from the box cover you lose the ability to use the Battalion that comes with the box (not that said Battalion is so very good, but...)
>>
>>48061360
So? Use them as a blue horror model. If it has to be smaller, mutilate the pink model before painting.
>>
>>48061385
Tree Revenants are perfectly fine the way they are, you just have to look closely at how their rules interact.
>>
>>48059709
These guys also were the heroes of the Pestlins novel.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
Plague monk guy from last night. Just picked up some new colours. Gonna highlight with Nurgling green (the wash is over straken) and add typhus to metal bits on all my pestilens stuff.
>>
>>48060591
>Stormcasts are seen as abominations because they're outside the cycle of death and rebirth and most other Order factions they'll tolerate uncomfortably until one desecrates their holy places (read: fells a Wyldwood tree for firewood)

Source? The Daughter of the Everqueen saw them as friends after fighting with her during the seed event.
>>
>>48061325
Because Pinks are like twice as big as Blue. Since Pinks split into two Blue, having their only difference in color really doesn't work. (especially since I've never ever seen anyone actually paint their Horrors)

>>48061359
Looks great, would play against.
>>
>>48061409
Oh wait people actually want a blue horror box?
>>
>>48061444
Looking good senpai
>>
>>48061452
GA:Order, page 85:
>Even Stormcast Eternals are regarded with unease by the sylvaneth, for they are not of the natural cycle, their endless Reforging breaking the seasonal balance of the Mortal Realms
>>
>>48061487
I botched some of the mouths, so my excuse is that they're the church of the frothing foam (ie. They have rabies)
>>
>>48061429
They are certainly better than Spite Revenants, but for their cost they are janky warmachine hunters that lack both on the offense and the defense.
>>
>>48061444
Great! Dry-brush the Typhus Corrosion'd knives with some orange to show rust and you're done.
>>
>>48061509
Well, if you play 10, you should have enough Wounds to survive a salvo from the war machine you want to kill and still have enough attacks to kill it. Also, with the 1 reroll per phase you have an over 50% chance of making the 9" charge after the teleport. Thanks to said reroll you also barely have to worry about Battleshock.

I wouldn't use them over Dryads, but one unit of 10 or two units of 5 in addition to the Dryads I'll probably use.
>>
>>48061408
cheers for the advice, I don't really rate the battalion ability that high anyway and you have to pay points for it in the book
>>
>>48061517
Lol, I'm too cheap. I've just been adding earthshade for rust. Really gotta pick some up. Considered it today
>>
>>48061749
I have to say, the technical paints are fantastic. Well worth it, even if you use Vallejo for everything else
>>
File: skaven plague priest2.png (5 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
skaven plague priest2.png
5 MB, 1536x2000
>>48061749
The Horned rat does not approve of cheapness when painting. Every disciple matters

Get some Bugman glow, wash flesh-shade, and highlight in cadian flesh tone for doing Pestilens skin.

Leather and ropes is just doombull, dark wash, skrag brown.

Robes are death world, wash, straken, ogryn camo, nugling green highlight.

metal is just [any base metal], Nuln wash, runefang highlight.
>>
Anyone come up with a good Grot list? Nothing really jumps out.
>>
Tzeentch mortals WHEN?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48061970
For skin I use cadian, fleshshade, and then Kislev. Robes I use castellion, earthshade, straken, more earthshade. Metal, well, I do what u said, but instead of nuln, I use earthshade. Rope: haven't done any yet. Wood, I do rinox hide, Sylvaneth bark, and then (you guessed it) EARTHSHADE!!!
>>
>>48061444
Dude, you MUST thin your paints
seriously, you covered every details in the skin
THINYO
PAINTS
NIGGAH
>>
>>48062242
U realize that was my very first model ever
>>
Am I doing it right? My first time highlighting a small model
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48062321
>>
>>48060140

are you kidding nigga?
2 dice battleshock test, and also -1
you use them to debuff your enemies and make them run like children.
Also, 3 attacks each is not that bad.
>>
>>48062343
As a first model, is not bad.
base, wash and hoighlights look fine but, but(expecially for the base)you must thin your paint, by either using a wet brush or8easier)a palette where you can thin your paint to the best thickness.
Expecially for base colour, you should never go with only one thick layer-better aim for 2 or 3.
>>
>>48062369
They're also flimsy as fuck and have awful weapons, so anything even semi-competent in combat will kick their heads in no problem.
As a non-Battle Line unit purchased in 5s with no trick except the bravery shenanigans that's not very impressive.
>>
>>48062274
He's right but maybe he could be nicer about it. You want to thin them a little and use multiple coats to retain detail. We've all done it. Some of us have entire armies that need stripping because I was 12 once and spraying was hard work.

I once painted an entire skeleton army boltgun metal because it went on easier than white. Don't ask.

If that's your first go, good job. But yes, thin your paints a bit. Some paintanon should give you a better idea on doing it properly.
>>
>>48062423
Oh, I accidentally put my original highlight on as a second base, so that's probably why it looks so thick
>>
>>48062440
Is my highlight colour right, or should I go darker?
>>
>>48062523
no, it looks thick because you are using pure colour. And that's wrong.
if you thin your paint you can apply multiple layers without damaging any detail.
using a thinner(like the shitty lamian medium)is not required: clear water works well enough.
Watch warhammer tv duncan tutorials and watch how he paints. That might help a lot.
>>
File: 05702-1001-1-2ww-m.jpg (62 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
05702-1001-1-2ww-m.jpg
62 KB, 400x400
>>48062568
note:

if using water to thin your paint, be sure you don't have super hard water or the mineral deposits can be bad.

also, the tiniest drop of dish soap in your cup of water will keep the watered down paint from forming rings, but be sure to use a brush cleaner like pic related to keep your brushes happy and healthy, as dish soap can be rough on them. If your water is foaming up, you've got too much soap in it.
>>
>>48062568
Ok but what about my highlights
>>
>>48062626
That Masters Brush Cleaner is a fucking godsend. It turned my shitty crusty old starter set brush into something actually usable again.
>>
>>48058369
Sylvaneth
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
There, my first ever fine detail highlight job. Did it in Nurgling green.
>>
>>48062423
This is the beauty of skaven. There are so many of them, if you fuck up a few, the other 100 still look good
>>
>>48062843
This looks fine.

Wash the teeth a tiny bit to bring them out, put a dot of yellow or rot in the eye and it's done.

>>48062861
This is very true.
>>
>>48062861
even in more elite armies, a short bath in solvents will turn back the clock as if your fuckup never happened
>>
>>48062646
its fine. Colour choice is definetely right.
not bad at all, considering its your first model! My first was a LOT worse than this.
Now just drybrush with a shinier metal the blades, if you feel confident you can paint the eye in one colour(yellow or white are both fine)and you're done.
>>
>>48062958
Beautiful. Hopefully I get enough practice with all these monks so I don't need to worry about that
>>
>>48062993
Ah, I've got evil Suns scarlet for that.
>>
>>48062995
it's also really helpful if you ever buy used models from others or on ebay

you can grow your army really cheaply that way
>>
>>48062843
Looks pretty good, but if I may offer a couple pointers:
Try to keep your paint VERY thin when doing highlights, as it's very easy to overdo a highlight. Also, I notice that your hands are monochrome - an alternate method that would show a lot more detail on the hands would be
A: a layer of dark tan for basecoat
B: pick out the fingers in a lighter tan, leaving the space in between them dark to show depth
and
C: dot a very light tone on the knuckles and joints.
It's a simple and fast technique that's good for doing hordes of these fiddly little miniatures - and you could apply the same method to your tail, which is also a bit flat.
Consider giving the eyes a dot of bright red/yellow colour, to give them some pop.
Since weapons are generally big and flat, I like to create some visual interest by painting the handle in a different colour from the blade, and sometimes by drybrushing a contrasting metal tone onto the blade.
Finally, don't neglect your bases! Seeing my models on a base, even if it's as simple as brown paint/grass, is really nice for me because it "puts them into the world". Having all of your completed models displayed in a nice formation is a great motivator during lengthy painting projects.
Great work for a first ever detail job! Keep it up!
>>
>>48063019
100% this. Simple green melts paint off models like a dream, and even cleans dried glue of your fingers! Love the stuff.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48062914
Tadaaaa. Also thinned some of my highlights with castellion (just a thin line along the edge of the Nurgling) to make them sharper. It's so close to straken with earthshade that it's near impossible to notice without a lens
>>
Painting Tutorial for Alarielle by based Duncan is live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hLLRvSLiKk
>>
>>48063139
>Simple green melts paint off models like a dream
I've tried simple green with and without the help of an ultrasonic cleaner, and I haven't been impressed.

Stuff I find works better:

>91% Isopropyl Alcohol
Very expensive, but removes paint in 5 minutes with some gentle scrubbing. Some stubborn spray primers won't let go however. For when you don't want to wait. No sonic cleaner necessary.

>Super clean + 30 minutes in ultrasonic cleaner
Get it where you get automotive supplies. Causes chemical burns if you touch it, but gets models pristine clean in 30 minutes in the sonic cleaner with zero scrubbing, primer and all.

Simple green in the sonic cleaner worked a lot better than just soaking, but it still only removed 60-80% of the paint.
>>
>>48063118
Yeah, I mucked up this left hand. Look at his other tho. Some of my others have good hands.
>>
>>48063220
>put enough that you get detail, but not so much that you darken the skin too much
duncan...
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 57x105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 57x105
>things that make me cry
Every time this happens I die a bit. I just lick my brush (paint or no paint) to fix it
>>
>>48063495
I treat my brushed better than my hair..I wash them with the finest shampoo and balsam but they all eventually die.
its just too painful.
>>
>>48062671
Is there something like it in Europe? Amazon won't ship me any.
>>
>>48063611
You mainland? I managed to get it here in the UK, not sure about Euro stuff though. There might be alternative sites that do it.
>>
File: IMG_20160701_230550.jpg (342 KB, 873x905) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_230550.jpg
342 KB, 873x905
>>
File: DSC_0128.jpg (3 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0128.jpg
3 MB, 3104x1746
>>
>>48063642
Eh, Scandinavia, so kinda mainland. Still a lot of stuff from the continent we don't get.
>>
Preorders up on the NZ version of the GW webstore. Postan Drycha's rules because I don't think we've seen those in english yet.
>>
>>
File: aos-warscroll-branchwych-en.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
aos-warscroll-branchwych-en.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>
>>
>>48063953
I like that spell. If you can get her into a brawl with a lot of enemy units (having a 2" range weapon means she can stand semi-safely behind some dryads) she could do some damage.
>>
>>
>>48063597
You realize all this was posted right?
>>
>>
File: Snuffles.jpg (25 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
Snuffles.jpg
25 KB, 276x276
ADORABLE
>>
>>48064019
Nope. Just having a punt incase it hadn't been shared.
>>
>>48064025
Looks pretty fun. I love the idea of takin dead heroes and throwing them in the cauldron to have extra shooting.
>>
>>48057243

Still wouldn't have minded a loli

>>48064037

That's a part of the Branchwych I quite like too. The Quiverlings that come with the Hunters are also nice.
>>
>>48063205
Nice first try anon, by the time you get to your hundredth one of those bastards you will be perfect
>>
>>48064126
The quiverlings are bloody adorable
>>
>>48064203
Still better than the owner at my local place. He plays ogors. He uses a single, monochromatic layer for skin (Kislev), clothing (straken or Nurgling) that can even be seen through. His guys also have no facial details. I feel like I'm playing against the clay people
>>
>>48064355
Jesus. There's a reason people call washes Skill In A Bottle, could you not nudge him in that direction?
>>
>>48064355
Wow...you would think an owner of a store would know that nice painted miniatures = more people buying them (and also the paints and shit)
>>
Anyone know the (Aus) pricing on the General's Handbook? Haven't been able to find it.
>>
There's a couple of bundles on the webstore that match names of battalions on the points sheet, so we know what some of the are composed of at least.
>Free Spirits: 1 Son of Durthu (I assume that's meant to be Spirit but the webstore guys dun goofed) and 3 units of Kurnoth Hunters
>Household: 1 Treelord, 1 Branchwych, 1 unit of Tree-Revenants
>Outcasts: 3 units of Spite-Revenants
>>
>>48064560

The Sons of Durthu are actually mentioned in the preview of the Sylvaneth Battletome timeline. There are apparently twelve of them and they went on a quest into Ulgu to try and find an artifact to help with the war in Ghyran. None of them ever returned though.
>>
>>48064477
It's not a GW. It's just a hobby shop that sells Warhammer stuff in a tiny corner
>>
>>48064964
They still have most of the basic tomb kings stuff on shelf. You can still get ogor battalions there, and all the good ol whfb generals. The newest stuff in the store are the ironjawz brutes, weirdnob shamen, mega boss, war chanter and mawkrusha. There's like 5 people there who play warhammer, including myself.
>>
FAQs are now available via the app under gaming aids. Seem to take forever and a day to load though.
>>
>>48058839
You could do a kingdom that's only survived by turning to Chaos. The average person doesn't divulge in the more extreme acts of Chaos worship, it's just an everyday part of their life. With this I would try and keep your force relatively tame, but could be dedicated to any, or none, of the Gods.
>>
>>48060797
>>48060877

Bloodletters are cool. I run 2 units of 30, Skarbrand, Skulltaker a couple Heralds, two Bloodsecrators, some Fleshhounds and the four Skull Cannons I have from my 40k Daemonkin.
Might have to make some adjustments for pts but that's my basic army.
>>
Anybody have the pestilens alliegance trait?
>>
Since Necro Knights are OOP, how would you guys feel if I converted Demigryphs for that purpose? With either "surfing" skellies or black knight-ish ones?
>>
>>48062090
The honestly look like shit. You've lost all you detail. You should have thinned your paints and done multiple layers. Strip the minis and start again or stop posting your trash.
>>
>>48066724
The look perfect for skaven to me
>>
>>48066724
Nice. Guessing you're the blood pot guy
>>
>>48066724
Scroll down, he really makes em look good
>>
Contemplating Seraphon after learning the fluff for their shift to Daemons.

Leaders:
Slann- 260 (General)
Engine- 240
Astrolith- 160
Sunblood- 120

Starhosts:
Sunclaw- 80
Thunderquake - 120

Battlelines:
3×10 Warriors- 300

Artillery:
1 unit of 2× Razordon- 120

Behemoth:
Bastiladon- 300
Stegadon- 260

Other:
1× Handlers- 40

How's this look for 2000?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 367x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 367x370
>>48067116
Holy shit I think he was the blood cauldron guy
>>
>>48067189
How has noone made a blood thinner pun yet
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>48066724
Dude, I chose my worst two for experimentation, I've got better lying around
>>
>>48067236
Kek
>>
The Kurnoth Hunters entry on GW's store makes mention of Kurnoth being one of the few or the only god besides Alarielle the Sylvaneth worship. Possible sign that Orion could resurface in some form one day.

>>48065769

Doesn't exist yet

I'm guessing that at some point GW will get around to releasing Rites, Command Traits, Spells, and Artifacts for those factions whose battletomes have already been released.
>>
>>48067374
more than possible.
Alarielle has been brought back with an expansion to the sylvaneth.
My guess is that they will expand most(if not all)subfactions sooner or later.
>>
I wanna know how the Hell Thanquol may still be alive, without Verminlord-dom.
>>
>>48067457
Wouldn't mind seeing a beastmen expansion
>>
>>48066052
Hell, my necropolis knights are modified grave gaurd surfing dire wolves. Go for it.
>>
>>48067374
>>48067457

>Possible sign that Orion could resurface in some form one day.

I don't think so. The Elf Gods are dead. Their essences went to rest in a place that even the Chaos Gods cannot follow.

Their only chance of rebirth was Lileath's Sanctuary. Sadly, Lilteath lost contact with the Sanctuary after Be'lakor found out about it.
>>
>>48067506
The Verminking extends his life because he finds him as a useful figurehead.
>>
>>48067506

Probably got pulled out of the Realm of Chaos with all the other useful Skaven by the Horned Rat.

I'd imagine lore wise he hasn't been turned into a Verminlord yet because the promise of such acts has an incentive for him to do things. Alternatively he may be viewed as the best candidate for being a mortal representative.

Outside of the lore, Thanquol is kind of old and seemingly among one of Fantasy's most popular characters, I could see reluctance to really change him in any great manner that interferes with his character. He couldn't really behave like he did in Fantasy if he was a Verminlord and arguably wouldn't have much use for Boneripper either.

>>48067773

I meant more that Alarielle could create a consort for herself, someone to wage war for her while she rules. Though I think currently that is the position of the Lady of the Vines.

I wouldn't rule out Kurnous just returning for reasons either because GW has played it really loose with things and seems content to just use magic as an excuse.
>>
>>48066724
I would say "show us your models" for calling his trash, but we have all had enough of your blood cauldron by now.
>>
>>48067856

I want follow up on the abandoned plot thread about him shielding his thoughts from Verminking.
>>
File: image.png (412 KB, 399x484) Image search: [Google]
image.png
412 KB, 399x484
>>48067856
I miss Skrolk and Queek :(
>>
>>48067856
>Though I think currently that is the position of the Lady of the Vines.

I believe that she died.

And Alarielle needs no husbandu. She has Malerion who is technically still her husband. The destruction of the world does not nullify oaths of marriage.
>>
>>48067910
>Queek

RIP Headtaker, too awesome for this world.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 320x320
>>48068068
The brave little skaven ;-;
>>
File: Picture17.jpg (81 KB, 1251x707) Image search: [Google]
Picture17.jpg
81 KB, 1251x707
Holy shit i just realized Grymns Brotherhoood Battalion doesn't have a points cost, unless i missed it somwhere like a Derp
>>
>>48067979
Malekith forgot who he was as the world was destroyed around him, his perspective is the last we see in the campaign book. That's the whole reason he goes by malerion now. He's still angry and bitter but not about being denied ukthuan anymore, and without that motivation driving him he's a very different character. He actually cares about the fate of the elves to the point where he teamed up with his former nemesis, and didn't seem to resent sigmar on the same level Nagash and gorkamorka did. Also, Alarielles and Tyrion were together at the very end, holding hands as the rift Grew and pretty much ignoring Malekiths pain. If alarielles gonna have a husbando its Tyrion God of illumination
>>
>>48068699
Sounds cute. Feel a bit sorry for Malekith tho
>>
>>48065163
Eh. I guess that could work, but that removes some of the more barabaric models, like Valkryies and such. But it does sound do-able. Any suggestions for the theme, beyond it being a recently fallen kingdom? Any suggestions for their relationship to the gods?
>>
>>48068807

Don't forget, he's also an abomination after fusing with his dragon and he's stuck living with his mom again. Malekith's life is suffering.
>>
File: 1463877437415.jpg (112 KB, 1280x915) Image search: [Google]
1463877437415.jpg
112 KB, 1280x915
>>48068699
So I feel like dusting off my old Skaven, is any of my stuff relavent? I haven't played since the start of 8th ed but this is what I have.
3x Warplighting cannons
240x Clan Rats/Slaves
60x Plague Monks
40x Stormvermin
36x Giant Rats
10x Wolf Rats
7x Rat Ogres
3x Packmasters
4x Plague Morars
2x Warpfire Throwers
2x Ratling Guns
2x Plague Priests on foot
1x Grey Seer on foot
1x Hellpit Abomination
1x Plague Furnace
1x Screaming Bell
1x Verminlord (new sculpt)
and a few characters but i guess those don't matter anymore. Also I have a converted BsB can i use him as anything other than a generic hero? Should i convert some jezzails? That was the last project i remember starting and i have all the bits sitting in my Skaven box ready to go, also they're all on square bases and i have no desire to rebase them, would anyone care about that?
>>
>>48068898
His mom?
>>
>>48068996

Morathi's back
>>
>>48068957
that is more than enough to be a foundation for an army. at MOST youd be looking at getting a few warmachines and then youre set
>>
>>48069096
I also have 2x Doomwheels

So what else could I get? And do Skaven still try to jam up the line with slaves or are they pretty much garbage now that units aren't a thing
>>
>>48068699
His memory returned and Malekith always cared about the elves. It's the reason he sought the throne.

Tyrion and the Everqueen were there at the end to make sure that Malekith didn't use the rifts power.
>>
>>48069239
Units are still a thing
>>
>>48069326
I didn't think there was unit cohesion anymore hence the round bases
>>
Want to try this game, and Im dead set on playing Seraphon. Friend is planning on buy Stormcast.

How effectively fucked am I?
>>
>>48069422
Have you played the game yet? I myself play skaven. I still keep my monks in a 5x8 block, I keep my censer bearers and stormvermin in blocks. I magnetize my bases and keep them all together. The round bases are more aesthetic in my experience. Skaven are still great.
>>
>>48069755
I haven't I'm literally dusting off and fixing up some of my ratmen right now so i can try it out sometime. Also are Warlitter mount still a thing?
>>
>>48069794
I know some people do it
>>
>>48063973
is it better to use the protector glaive or the enchanted blade on the leader?
>>
File: Horsemen_of_the_Apocaplyse.png (2 MB, 1283x740) Image search: [Google]
Horsemen_of_the_Apocaplyse.png
2 MB, 1283x740
So, after looking through the web for hours at the very least, I've decided that at the moment, building a Steam Punk army is impractical, and that I'll be playing Warriors of Chaos, using this guys >>48065163 suggestion. Plus, I just dont like the look of Corsairs: They're just too fancy for my taste.

So, how do these guys work in AoS? I know Chaos has little to no ranged game, and thus, are entirely focused around melee. I plan on using mostly Warriors, with some Marauders, led by a Exalted Hero, but I know ill need other things. I just have no idea what they'd be. Anything I should add onto it? Also, Id love to hear ideas for their kingdom: Why they fell, how they worship, how they fight, etc. Im also looking for cool character ideas for their heros.
>>
>>48069753
Get some can openers and you should be fine. Even the worst shit form the Stormcasts has 4+ saves and the elite things have 3+ and most also get to re-roll 1s. Without Rend you ain't getting these fuckers down. I've seen groups of Witch elves deal around 90 attacks only to have the stormcast unit take an amazing 3 wounds after the saves.

No idea what the Seraphon have that's good for that, afraid you need someone else for to tell you that.
>>
>>48070476
Sigmarines are fucking retarded
>>
When did people start serious posting in these threads wtf dudes
>>
>>48062242

I've never seen someone so mad that they carry the grudge for days and days...you fucked up the blood cauldron dude, accept it. You fucked it up beyond repair. Hating on a dude who painted his skaven (and did way better than you) is not going to help.
>>
>>48070576
they are really just chaos warriors, but not

>>48070637
when we released that we were having fun
>>
>>48070647
AHHHAHAHAA I KNEW IT WAS HIM XD. Thanks for the support on ma monks.
>>
>>48062090

looks bretty good honestly, though I think the flesh could use a wash?
>>
>>48070657

He has earned his way into Meme Hell.
>>
>>48070088
What, no love for Chaos here?
>>
File: image.jpg (493 KB, 1804x1654) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
493 KB, 1804x1654
>>48070704
Yeah. On my last few, I'm gonna try to just highlight with the Kislev instead of covering up the wash. How do my highlights on the finished rat look?
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 367x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 367x380
>>48070744
He was warned he'd become a meme
>>
>>48070745
It's a sick picture. Where's the rat horse hybrid tho?
>>
>>48070815
Rat horse hybrid? You mean the Seeker of Slaanesh?
>>
>>48070769

Highlights look good. I'd just apply agarax earthshade or fleshshade to the hands, tail, and teeth.

Also kudos for accepting criticism, instead of a certain nameless faggot who fucked up his elves and established himself a Child Eternal.
>>
Thinking about getting into AoS with the new points rules.

Want to do Sylanath since I love those Ent models. What's a good way to start? I know they are getting more models tomorrow.

Also how do the Sylvaneth Wyldwoods work in terms of deployment? Do they count on top of the normal terrain and I can place them anywhere?
>>
>>48058461
Grinder is 260 points, I think
>>
>>48070842
Thanks. I accepted the fact that I'm an engineer, not an artist, even before I started, so the way I see it, I can always improve
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.