[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG EMN Spoiler thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 6i9kcmlizj6x.jpg (29 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
6i9kcmlizj6x.jpg
29 KB, 265x370
Playing cards from exile edition

>pic related

Stromkirk Mystic
Creature - Vampire/Horror
Trample
When ~ deals combat damage to a player, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast that card.
Madness 1R
3/2
>>
Fuck wizards their Standard balancing has been so shit lately.

What's that boys Red is not playable one bit in the meta right now? Okay sweet it's time to print a couple more 3 drop green creatures that fit right into CoCo decks and GW Tokens.

Oh shit is White not 100% of the meta yet? Alright here's the best 4 drop flyer in standard right now.

Blue has no draw power after Dig rotates? Okay let's print a green ponder and a green forbidden alchemy.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_Hsa8OHnoib[1].jpg (343 KB, 750x779) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_Hsa8OHnoib[1].jpg
343 KB, 750x779
What's her ult?
>>
>>48053101
desu this set was done with design right around Oath's release, they had no idea what the meta would look like
>>
>>48053101
How much you want to bet the sorcery Accumulated Knowledge variant wasn't a sorcery until Development got their mitts on it?
>>
>>48053101
Fuckin' crybaby.
>>
>>48053101
>Implying Red isn't going to be one of the most powerful colors once Kaladesh releases
>>
>>48053151
Oh boy I can't wait for Gideon emblems + 1/1 thopters fucking everywhere
>>
>>48053139
Why is Development the No Fun Allowed Zone?
>>
>>48053067
Cast or play? Need dat land drop action
>>
>>48053175
Cast, sorry. Just threw together the topic quickly.
>>
File: 1467245420292.jpg (92 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1467245420292.jpg
92 KB, 540x960
>>48053104
I want it so bad man
>>
>>48053144
Yeah bud I love going to large tournaments and 50%+ of the field is GW Tokens and the other half is split between Bant CoCo and Humans. SWEET
>>
>>48053203
Possibly the most obvious fake I've ever seen.
>>
>>48053136
How is that an excuse
>>
File: 1416504847989.jpg (17 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1416504847989.jpg
17 KB, 500x375
>>48053203
>Ult that can be done by uncommon rarity sweepers
>>
>>48053136
>they had no idea what the meta would look like

They build the sets years in advance and playtest the hell out of them. They have some idea, even if they sometimes miss a few things (like Thragtusk).
>>
File: HK4iHij.jpg (71 KB, 600x1454) Image search: [Google]
HK4iHij.jpg
71 KB, 600x1454
>draw from pact
>you discard
>deal 2 and gain 2
>Harmless Offering
>tfw
>>
>>48053194
Goddammit, they just want vampires to be shitty
>>
>>48053252
According to the newest post on their developer blog, they want vampires to be a playable tribe once EMN is out.
>>
>>48053191
>What nukes? I actually don't really know her involvement in the story so far, other than Jace finding her journal.

Tamiyo is carrying several iron-bound scrolls which Jace saw in her mind; one of them is the spell that destroyed Serra's plane. The others are equally terrible, all are capable of world-ending events.
>>
Siege Rhino
>>
>>48053260
I want to believe
>>
>>48053191
>All the more reason to call the Gatewatch. It was a miracle, sure, but everyone acting like it was some asspull aren't really giving them much credit. The plan was good and it worked, and the oldwalkers fucked up and had to shove the Eldrazi in a closet in the first place because Ugin was a big fat liar.
One, we don't know if Ugin is a liar due to not knowing much about Eldrazi.
Two, Gatewatch defeating TWO titans the way that they had REALLY downgrades any danger that Eldrazi always represented.
>>
>>48053272
I think I remember him telling her to use one against Avacyn when they were gonna die but then sorin showed up.

I should reread I am Avacyn
>>
>>48053315
This. If the Gatewatch had killed or even just sealed Ulamog, that would have set them up as credible to me.

They defeating a giant plane-eating monster! They learned that teamwork can save the day. There are still two more out there though, and (if they sealed Ulamog) the one they sealed could still get free.

That leaves them with 2 Eldrazi at large, and one more imprisoned. Lot of cards on the table, but still no mean feat.

Instead we got them burning two supposedly immortal creatures to death with the vague plan of 'what if we tried MORE mana?'

And then it worked, which just makes the whole thing feel like a dumb contrivance. All that rallying of Zendikar and making them fight for their home? Didn't matter, just burned it. There's still an Eldrazi at large? Who cares, burn it too!

Nothing is a threat to the Gatewatch, which means there's no real sense of tension.
>>
File: CmQSmpfUEAAzHzE.jpg (57 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
CmQSmpfUEAAzHzE.jpg
57 KB, 720x405
So this bitch gets an Oath because she'd rather rely on the Jacetice League instead of the Veil. JUST.
>>
Aren't full spoilers supposed to be out on Friday?
>>
>>48053388
I remember when Elf Hitler had trouble simply stalling ONE Eldrazi titan using all of Zendikar's power, so the lack of danger+consistency in latest set is really off-puting.
>>
>>48053156
No Fun Except Their Fun (Except When They Screw Up Like Always, Which Is How We Got Siege Rhino)
>>
>>48053067
>Stormkirk
>in anything but Blue or Dimir

Fuck flavor, I guess.
>>
>>48053395
Dayum, did Lili just get hotter?
>>
>>48053424
>Avacyn, The Purifier
>Angels
>in anything but white

Fuck flavor, I guess.
>>
>>48053395
You do realize she's probably going to push the veil to her limits and be going to the next set searching for someone that can stop it from killing her?

Then they unleash the entire fucking race of spirits that powers the veil and oh no planar fuck up 200587 occurs.
>>
>>48053395

Considering that Liliana is utterly self-centered and will fuck over anyone and everyone to hold onto power and youth without paying the price those things demand, I don't really understand why she would sign up with a party that will constantly be dealing with things that don't personally affect Liliana.

Of course, I'm pretty fuzzy on why Liliana is fighting for Innistrad at all. She doesn't have a dog in this fight the way Sorin does and considering that she casually unleashed thousands of demons on the plane and fucked off once she had what she wanted last time I don't think she's THAT attached to her fucking summer home.
>>
>>48053424
The Stromkirks were always a bloodline of vampires and thus black and red aligned as a whole. Thats just how vamps work, other than sorin.
>>
File: stormkirk.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
stormkirk.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>48053424
Are you even trying with this?
>>
>>48053451
Long term things, I guess? Maybe she doesn't want Emrakul fucking things up for her in the future.
>>
>>48053451
The story on the website shows that she wants Jace to owe her, and then in turn help her with the Veil as a result.
That and she does have a bit of a soft spot for him too.
>>
>>48053395
Her full oath, as best I can tell:

>"I see that together we're more powerful than we are alone. If that means I can do what needs to be done without relying on the Chain Veil, then I'll keep watch. Happy now?"

Sounds like she's still somewhat in it for herself.
>>
File: CmQXd_KUEAAMRsu.jpg (53 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
CmQXd_KUEAAMRsu.jpg
53 KB, 720x405
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit neegah.
>>
>>48053234

>and playtest the hell out of them

C'mon, you don't actually believe that, right? Of course they playtest but I'd be surprised if it were actually very thorough, they let obvious issues slip through in almost every single set. It's not like they need to bother much anyway. The cards will sell regardless of the balance every single year, the game has too much inertia to fail all at once.
>>
>>48053451
She honestly has no good reason for it. They're shoehorning her into the gatewatch for the purpose of having their main five all being in there, damn any of it making sense. It's checking boxes for the sake of checking boxes. The Origins Five are the First Five Gatewatchers, there's one of all five monocolor, and that's why Kiora didn't end up in it and I'm guessing none of the other walkers involved in SoI will either.
>>
>>48053101
>playing standard
well there's your problem right there
>>
>>48053502

I was under the impression Tammy had decided her job here was to observe the outcome. Wonder what made her decide to get involved.
>>
>>48053388

>people still this salty

The more of EMN we get, the more in convinced that Emrakul is the real power behind the Eldrazi. I'm totally expecting a reveal somewhere down the line from Ugin that tells us the Titans were only killed because Emrakul had left since Emrakul has control over living forms. Basically, the Titans were extensions of Emrakul, Nahiri summoned Emrakul away, Ula/Koz were still devouring the plane, Jacestice league eventually stops them.

Think about it. Emrakul is combining things together into bigger things, so then how does Emrakul feed from the plane itself? By fusing more and more living things together until you have something suitably capable. Emrakul is also aesthetically VERY different from the other Titans, and her key trait is the lattice structure. If you combine enough lattices, they eventually become solid like a crystal structure.
>>
>>48053451
>>48053451
Theres a few cards that talk about how differently this plane responds to her compared to others, she's constantly surprised by how easily shes able to pull up dead shit on innistrad.

Also her recent lore story made it sound like she had absolutely no intention of helping Jace and was about to planeswalk when she just found herself headed towards the danger without thinking.

Maybe its for Jace, maybe she's being manipulated by the raven man, maybe its just shitty writing, who knows
>>
>>48053461

But they literally worship an ancient ocean god. I'm so pissed nothing has tied into that yet, and the giant ocean monsters we've seen have all be unaffiliated.
>>
>>48053512
Imagine if GateWatch was Gideon-Jace-Chandra-Nissa-Ob Nix instead, but then we got a proper betrayal instead of the half-assed on they did in Oath.
>>
>>48053104
-6: Separate all permanents target player controls into two piles. That player sacrifices all permanents in the pile of his or her choice.

;)
>>
>>48053502
God fucking dammit. The fucking jacetice league strikes again.
>>
>>48053502
Oh look, Nissa sealed Emurkul into the moon, just like everyone predicted before it was even announced.

Now we just need Elves to pop up on innistrad again and we're 100% on predicting this entire damn block.
>>
>>48053492

>Oath of Liliana
>"S-Stupid Cloak Boy. I-I'll hang out with your dumb little club for a favor. It's not because I like you or anything, geez!"
>>
>>48053495

I was actually about to post this right here. She is basically joining them so she doesn't have to keep killing herself by using the Chain Veil.

Also >>48053395

Hot as fuck
>>
>>48053502
Haha, just fuck my story up! This is actually worse than anyone predicted! Yeah I am done.
Fuck magic.

Moon atleast looks fun to play though.
>>
>>48053502
I'll bite, what's the magazine and what does the article say?
>>
>>48053432
This plane is full of hotties. Highest concentration of any, by my estimate.
>>
>>48053517
Oh okay. I guess I'll be looking forward to Emrakul being the big bad Eldrazi that was the real threat all a-

>>48053502

Oh nevermind
>>
>>48053565
I know, would fuck Geralf and Ludvic.
>>
>>48053502
Looks like the power of friendship will save the day again.
>>
>>48053527
Well, technically there's nothing stopping them from worshiping an ancient ocean god in a cult-of-rakdos sort of way. But your point on not exploiting the fish business is fair enough.
>>
>>48053563
>Magazine
That's the art book for Innistrad. Just like the Zendikar one, it leaked early and all the story spills loose. ggwp wizards.
>>
>>48053495
When jace went to visit her she was mentioning how she just wanted to be rid of the chain veil and be strong enough on her own or something like that.

When she was trying to have stop his mind fuckery with death magic the chain veil got involved and almost killed him.
>>
>>48053542
Is that a star of David absorbing emrakul?
>>
>>48053565
Why is every piece Karla Ortiz ever done so attractive?
>>
>>48053502
What book is this from?
>>
>>48053587
Was there ever any doubt? Innistrad is a popular plane, why would they ever get rid of it when they could return to it again, after all
>>
>>48053563
I don't know, this is from a Japanese twitter.
https://twitter.com/Diene9/status/748749404643872768/photo/1
>>
>>48053567

>waahhh they killed the Eldrazi instead of sealing them what bull shit power of friendship shit
>Waaah they couldn't kill Emrakul so they sealed her
>>
>>48053593
No, I think it's Nissa's weird Elf-leaf emblem thing that she uses.

Unless that was supposed to be some jew joke, in which case bleh.
>>
>>48053502
did anyone not see this coming?
>>
>>48053602

What's to return to? The entire balance of power of the plane is still fucked, the monsters are worse than ever, and the protections humanity depended on to survive are all gone forever.

Despite what Arlinn seems to think, the monsters are going to wipe humanity the fuck out in months unless something ridiculously drastic happens, not decide to sit around a campfire singing kumbaya.
>>
>>48053607
Well, they could've driven it off instead
Or they could have lost and had to retreat as innistrad became a writhing mass of emrakul
>>
>>48053607
Mate, the problem here is we knew they were gonna seal emmy in the moon from the moment we heard about return to INN.
>>
>>48053607
>Missing the point this badly

If they had sealed one and had two on the loose, that could have worked. They often played up Ulamog as the weakest, so spending a full block only to trap him would have been okay.

Killing two in a single block was too much.

Meanwhile, they've got Emrakul played up as the strongest of the three, and they've dealt with her in a single set.

My issue is how they seem to be knocking out the Eldrazi at a rate of 1 per set. Where's the challenge? Aren't these things supposed to be dangerous?
>>
>>48053607
Nice Redirect, but I am gonna have to Disrupt it. The problem is not what is being done, it's the way the events are executed.
>>
>Emmy gets sealed in da moon
>Superfriends all patting each other on the backs at the afterparty
>Seals on the moon start glowing brightly
>Moon shatters into countless pieces and start raining down on Innistrad
>Emmy reappears in the sky but then warps away
>Innistrad is permanently destroyed

How would you react /tg/?
>>
>>48053629
Yep. People were already calling Shadows over Innistrad with Eldrazi in the moon and lovecraft tentacle horror way before any news about the block dropped.

Most of the mystery came from people hoping that they wouldn't do the blindingly obvious.
>>
>>48053629
I'm just sad it doesn't match The Prediction completely, since it got all the other parts right
>Set name Shadow Over Innistrad
>Involves Emrakul coming to buttfuck the plane
>Emrakul gets punted into the moon
Only thing different is that it's not Sorin sacrificing his life to make it happen.
>>
>>48053640
I don't care at this point, just want to build fun new decks.
>>
>>48053412
Yeah, but the silver moon is basically a giant Helvault, meant to store things like that.
>>
>>48053640
>Innistrad is permanently destroyed

Doubtful, since chunks of moon probably aren't any worse than most of the populace being a big katamari of calamari, but it would be a nice change of pace from the Gatewatch solving everything.
>>
HELLO DEAR LEAKERS
PLEASE GOD SHOW ME A GOOD RED CARD
SEND HELP I AM DIE SOON
>>
>>48053502
How can these motherfuckers not snap higher resolution pics of this shit
>>
>>48053649
Was refering to BfZ+Oath.
>>
>>48053640
So, kinda like FFXIV and Bahamut? I'm okay with that.
>>
>>48053655
I think he meant chunks of the moon raining down in addition to all the other shit
>>
>>48053640
As long as the mad science team survive on the Ludvic weatherlight 2.0
>>
>>48053671
Well yeah, but I mean at that point what's the worst that can happen? Pretty much everyone is dead anyway. It might cause an ice-age, but that's not going to 'permanently destroy' the plane any more than it already is.
>>
>>48053395

Oath guesses?

2B
Etb get a 2/2 zombie

If a Walker etb, opponent discards
>>
>>48053680
>Weatherlight 2.0
>Made off random pieces of eldrazi, zombies, robotics, and randomly screaming scaabs
>>
File: laughing anime grills.gif (147 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
laughing anime grills.gif
147 KB, 480x270
>>48053101

>he doesn't play UR aggro or eldrazi

you haven't lived until you've dealt your opponent 20 damage with 2-3 copies of Fevered Visions while countering every relevant spell they cast

>mfw
>>
>>48053646
>Only thing different is that it's not Sorin sacrificing his life to make it happen.

It ain't over yet =)
>>
>>48053705
>Weatherlight 2.0
>It's made out of Hanweir, just insulated with skaab pieces
>Ludevic rolls up to the final fight, apologizes for being late, and tosses Emrakul into the moon singlehandedly.
>>
>>48053745

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard will people rage if Ludevic doesn't get a card and dies like a bitch in the fluff?
>>
File: Ulvenwald Captive.jpg (90 KB, 504x353) Image search: [Google]
Ulvenwald Captive.jpg
90 KB, 504x353
Thinking of getting back into Standard. Is green ramp still viable even with no more Elvish Mystic or Llanowar elf?
>>
>>48053745
>When asked why Ludevic threw Emrakul into the moon, Ludevic simply replied with: "just because I could."
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (76 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
76 KB, 600x450
>>48053752
>Nissa flavortext
>Innistrad card
>>
>>48053751
They wouldn't kill him. They won't give him a card maybe but they would never kill him.
>>
>>48053705
>>48053745
Yerse!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJo_3B5-1uk
>>
>>48053752
Yes but not because of that card. That card sucks ass.
>>
If the heron mark on the moon just turns out to be a fucking mark on the moon and not a mark of what's been imprisoned in the moon and they shove emrakul in there and then somehow make werewolves in control of their bloodlust through arlinn kord.protectors of innistrad after the vampires are severely weakened after fighting emrakul and nahiri I'm going to be so fucking disappointed.

But so far I've been right on fucking everything.
>>
>>48053770
>Next set will also have flavor text from the Jacetice League
>>
>>48053770

I kind of want Nissa and Sorin to bump into each other, just to see how that ends up being spun.

I can't imagine Sorin would be too happy to see her, all things considered.
>>
>>48053699
I don't think I even need to try guessing beyond this I feel like you nailed it. Maybe change the last bit to

At the beginning of your upkeep target opponent discards cards equal to the number of planeswalkers you control
>>
>>48053770
I could not agree more.
>>
>>48053626
Ludevic's got something big up his sleeve, I know it.
>>
>>48053824
>Emmy shows up
>Plane gets buttfucked
>Emmy imprisoned
>Jacetice league fucks off
>Gisa, Geralf, Ludevic are left to pick up the pieces
>>
>>48053824

The guy is nailing woodland creatures to suits of armor while the plane burns around him.

I get the feeling that much like Geralf Ludevic is a pretty good mad scientist but is by most yardsticks not very smart.
>>
>>48053804
I really want this to happen just for Sorin/Nahiri to waste her on the spot.
>>
>>48053804
We still need to see if he keeps his word that if Lili started shit on Innistrad, he'd kill her. He already knows she;s the one that busted the Helvault.
>>
This is getting boring. I hope we get some non-corrupted cards soon.
>>
>>48053851

Sorin's going to have a busy day if there's still a plane and he's still alive.

>Kill Nahiri for attempting to destroy my home plane
>Kill fucking Olivia and her family since she can't be trusted to stop holding blood orgies while the humans recover and she won't stop gloating about how Avacyn's dead
>Kill Liliana because she broke the Helvault
>Kill Nissa because at least some of this is because of her decisions and Sorin is feeling extremely vengeful.
>>
>>48053565
It strikes me as completely retarded that these two would get themselves surrounded in public by fucking mindless horror-spawn without implying that the spawn hacked their way through hundreds of zombies and skaabs to get to them.

Why the fuck would he be carrying a pitchfork and not a bonesaw or something.

Such good art wasted on the fact it makes no fucking sense.
>>
>implying ludevic isnt busy trying to staple tentacle monsters to an umbrella or something
Seriously, he made a werebot and now everythings sprouting extra limbs, I bet he thinks its glorious and is trying to make new fun toys with all the monstrosities wandering around.

Which one was it that took creatures and just started duct taping knives to appendages and called it done?
>>
>>48053626
There's a decent chance the W/B Angel sister is going to be revived and it will be Sigarda's host of Humans and Werewolves on the side of good, with W/B Angel trying to broker some agreements with the Demons and Vampires.
>>
>>48053395
BB
Sorcer
Destroy target creature or planswalker.

"Talk to the hand."
>>
>>48053876
>Killing any member of the Jacetice League

not happening
>>
Does anyone have a PDF of the Zendikar artbook?
>>
>>48053876
Actually I think most of this comes back to Nissa. Sure Lili broke the vault, but Nissa still freed the Eldrazi. Without that Nahiri wouldn't have done anything, and Avacyn would have been around to help fix things.
>>
>>48053851

>*unsheathes sword* The fault is yours Liliana
>I had a demon to kill
>I warned you
>You locked the bitch in there
>nuthin personell kid
>I literally just saved your plane from becoming a Chinese cartoon
>tch I'll let not go THIS time
>>
File: pitchfork anna.jpg (312 KB, 1228x898) Image search: [Google]
pitchfork anna.jpg
312 KB, 1228x898
>>48053882
Pitchforks on Innistrad are no fucking joke when humans are carrying them, especially 3/4 humans.
>>
>>48053395
For fuck's sake, another Oath cycle? Is there anyone who actually likes this Jacetice League bullshit?
>>
>>48053944
Rosewater and the Hasbro film division.
>>
>>48053944
>cycle
I think it's just the one anon
>>
>>48053944
Hope you like Oath cycles, because that's all we'll ever get from now on.
>>
>>48053851
People keep going "omg Nahiri's gonna get off because she's a woman!" but Lili's got the strongest pussy pass in the entire multiverse
>>
>>48053656
We got donate.
>>
>>48053067
Will all fucking vampires be horrors?
Why does WotC hate the best creatures? They fuck up vampires, fuck up orcs, fuck up dragonkin/viashino and never even print dwarves anymore.
>>
>>48053918

I love the fact that they're both 3/4s. Like, that means Gisa can not only kill a bear, but that the bear hardly even phases her. Look at this way: Thalia is a 2/1 first strike, and she's one of the best cathars in the land. If she wee to fight Gisa one on one, she'd get in a quick hit, and Gisa would just slap her dead with her shovel like a fucking TF2 Soldier.

Speaking of shovel, I want an equipable shovel for Gisa.
>>
File: 16q933.jpg (26 KB, 478x350) Image search: [Google]
16q933.jpg
26 KB, 478x350
>>48053814
>>
>>48053994
DO YOU REALIZE WHAT IT MEANS TO BE ABLE TO RUN DECKS WITH TITI MONSTER IN THEM?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>48053996
damn, look at that shovel.
>>
>>48053151
They'll find a way to make it a green-dominated set.
>>
>>48053996
Fuckin' A, Bubba. That shovel better be an artifact with +2/+0 and ridic overcosted but with an option to sac a creature to get it out for less.
>>
>>48053067
Ok, where does this fit in with BR vamps? I know Bloodhall Priest/Stromkirk Condemend will replace Incorrigible Youths, but I just can't seem to find room for this chick.
>>
File: 225[1].jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
225[1].jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>48053996
Just use Bludgeon Brawl.
>>
>>48053260
They're not doing it right so far.
>>
>>48053882
Brah, they're 3/4s on their individual cards, they can pimpslap bears.
>>
>>48054024
For it to be Gisa's shovel it would probably have "Equipped creature has 'T: Exile target creature card from a graveyard. Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped'. "
>>
>>48053996
Well considering Thalia has first strike I think she could take Gisa or Geralf 1-on-1, right?
>>
>>48054079
Assuming that Geralf is 1/1 by himself, the pitchfork would make him 2/2 firststrike. So answer is no.
>>
>>48053987
No, we didn't get Donate. We got the bullshit version of Donate that only targets opponents.

Just my opinion here, but the "target opponent" clause is probably the worst thing in Magic in recent years. The "exile *spell name*" like on Eldrich Evolution or the bullshit exile clause on Possessed Skaab to prevent crazy shit from happening comes close. They just don't want to give people a reason to Snapcaster Eldrich Evolution; I'm not saying Snapcaster needed more gas but why the fuck not?

It's terrible that they're hobbling spells to prevent them from being broken. It's terrible the community is more tolerant on a lack of exploitative flexibility than having crazy spells be banned if they actually prove to be too strong.

They have the fucking banhammer for Constructed; use it. I can't believe I'm looking at cards and just want to sharpie a line off it - I've never thought that before until this past year.
>>
>>48054089
Without the pitchfork he's a 3/4.

2*2=4 so he dies to Thalia, right?
>>
>>48053495
Who writes this shit? They need serious writing training, like -a bat to the knee for every unnescessary word- serious.
>>
File: 65.jpg (62 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
62 KB, 312x445
>>48053885
>Which one was it that took creatures and just started duct taping knives to appendages and called it done?
That was Ludevic.
>>
>>48054102
>2*2=4 so he dies to Thalia, right?

It's a 3/4 Geralf vs. either 2/1 or 3/2 Thalia. She dies and he's fine.
>>
>>48054079
You tell me.
>>
>>48054045
>>48053996
Geralf and Gisa probably *aren't* 3/4s all by themselves, just like how Teysa isn't a 4/4 all by herself.
>>
>>48054126
If it works it works.
>>
>>48054135
>because a nerd and a goth chick can order zombies to kill bears with their bare hands

>and then Ludevic will make a zombie with bear hands to kill bears with bare bear hands
>>
>>48053599
Because she's a turbo-hottie herself.
>>
Gideon (the Monkey) was there and sweared for Justice, Peace and the American Ways.

Nissa (the ex-Nazi) swerared for Life.

Jace (the Sperger) sweared for the Sake of the Multiverse.

Chandra (the Girl on Fire) was there for FREEEEEEEEEDOOOOOM

Liliana (I don't pay my plastic surgeon) was there for ... "look i found 4 idiots to do my laundry".

The Multiverse is fucked.
>>
>>48053882

Do either of them look particularly scared? Gisa is ready to happily stab a dude with a shovel, and Geralf looks more annoyed than anything else.

>Sister dearest, remind me why you dragged me out here.
>Look at their faces! *pokes mass of snakes with shovel*
>Yes. Snakes. Lovely. You have met your namesake, correct?
>Grinny doesn't have snakes for a face. I thought you liked putting stuff in the wrong place.
>Ever the child, sister. My creations have parts where they're needed. These are-
>*Stabs snake person with pitchfork*
>Incredibly rude. I don't suppose they got their etiquette from you, did they?
>*PANG* Too close snake face!
>No, I suppose not. They're far more polite.
>>
Falkenrath Aristocrat callback card when?
>>
File: lololoshrug.jpg (236 KB, 2016x820) Image search: [Google]
lololoshrug.jpg
236 KB, 2016x820
>>48054186
>Chandra

So Close
>>
>>48054193
You write Geralt and Gisa rather well.
>>
>>48053649
>Yeah, but the silver moon is basically a giant Helvault, meant to store things like that.
That doesn't even make sense. You're saying that the moon is purposefully designed to act as a Helvault and Sorin just made his because of reasons? Fuckin' bullshit, dude. No way.
>>
>>48054096
"target opponent" clauses ensure that redirection effects won't send Cruel Ultimatum et. al. back at your face. They are great for multiplayer
>>
>>48053646
>Only thing different is that it's not Sorin sacrificing his life to make it happen.
Because that's retarded animu shit and WotC's writing team is trying to ape Marvel comics.
>>
>>48054215
"Dude, what's with everyone's eyes? Chandra, do you see this too?"
--Gideon
>>
I can't wait until Liliana makes up some big phony story about Razaketh and Belzenlok being planar threats and sends the League after them.
>>
>>48054228
His point is that you could temp-steal someone's stuff and then donate it to yourself, allowing you to keep it forever.
Bazaar Trader does the same, in fact.
>>
File: I_m_a_fucking_faggot.gif (439 KB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
I_m_a_fucking_faggot.gif
439 KB, 400x292
>>48054236

U just basic, nerd
>>
File: 65.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
>>48054147
Wait. Shit, I guess it >>48053885 was talking about the Ludevic/Geralf collaboration.
>>
>>48054239

I swear if they want to keep tha black bitch around at least they should give me some Chandra Gideon Boros Sex to compensate.
>>
>>48054256
Does anyone know who made Grimgrin?
>>
>>48054268
Geralf did. He apparently based its appearance on Gisa.
>>
>>48054268
Geralf made Grimgrin and named it after his sister's face.
>>
File: Image.jpg (25 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
25 KB, 223x310
>>48054227
The moon of Innistrad is just a big mass of silver; the Helvault was part of it and its presence fucks over magic things hard.
>>
>>48054249
gotcha but I don't agree that "target opponent" is something bad added to Magic. It's just as hindering to people that want to take advantage of your spells.
>>
>>48054268

Geralf did, basing and naming it after Gisa(that stupid smile of hers)
>>
>>48054305
Perhaps, however the synergy on your part can be built around, but the chance that someone is packing a Shunt is really REALLY low.
It's not an even trade-off.
>>
>>48054193
No, you don't get what I'm saying.

These people are notorious and the equivalent of serial killers. They are literally legendary and probably have Bin Laden notoriety. They are probably the topic of children's faerie tales and have a kill-on-sight order placed on them. And this was all probably during "peace" time.

One has hidden labs like Batman to do crazy shit; the other one razed the fucking capital during Innistrad and before that was probably some crazed Kwai Chang Caine plundering graveyards wherever she went.

The point is these two don't just go into the street; together; especially not the guy with a wacky eyepatch. They didn't get themselves get caught by a militant order of the faith so why the fuck would they get caught by snake-faced assholes as the art implies.

The art of these two in this situation can't be anything short of a backdrop of a ruined heap of zombie flesh because their creations failed to protect them from the Eldrazi.
>>
>>48054287
He didn't base it off her, he named it in mockery of her.

Just look at her though, "Grimgrin" is apt with that smile she's got in >>48054135 and >>48053565
>>
>>48054325
Fair. I doubt anyone would run them outside multiplayer formats.
>>
File: l1knnpl2qk6x.jpg (538 KB, 3640x2141) Image search: [Google]
l1knnpl2qk6x.jpg
538 KB, 3640x2141
>>48053395
Now with clearer text.
>>
>2WB
>Sorcery
>Exile all planeswalkers.
>Card art is Sorin blasting all magic immigrants into the blind eternities.
>>
Severe lack of enchantment spoilers in EMN. I just want some centrepieces for my Starfield Pact deck before the rotation.
>>
>>48054328
>and have a kill-on-sight order placed on them

They actually arrested Gisa and held her captive for a while before Geralf broke her out.
>>
>>48054352

Gideon invited best girl.

Jace instead put his ex on the job.
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 706x876) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 706x876
>>48053502
And we have Emrakul's demise.

> Emrakul is pulled into Innistrad
> Oh no, my friends are all dead
> I better make some more
> We have to eat to keep mana energies from overflowing
> We have to save the multiverse from becoming a ticking time bomb
> We gotta eat
> Hey, all you little creatures
> Hey, all you little peoples
> Hey, all you little wolfers
> Hey, all you little angels
> Will you help me save the multiverse?
> Oh you will!? Gee Golly Thanks!
> Hey, some more friends out from no where!
> Will you help me---
> What are you doing?
> What's happening to me!?
> My friends!
> No!
> Don't leave me in the moon!
> My...
> ...friends.
>>
File: GISA_2013.png (1 MB, 1200x878) Image search: [Google]
GISA_2013.png
1 MB, 1200x878
>>48054329
>>
File: 023752507983.jpg (47 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
023752507983.jpg
47 KB, 300x225
>>48053395
>with emrakul gone
I'm fucking livid
>>
File: 1450096278814.jpg (28 KB, 750x715) Image search: [Google]
1450096278814.jpg
28 KB, 750x715
>>48054352
>With Emrakul gone
>The Planeswalkers cheered their victory

FOR FUCK'S SAKE! WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT OF HAVING A VILLAIN IF YOU'RE JUST GOING TO KILL THEM IN THE SET THEY'RE INTRODUCED IN? AM I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT THE ELDRAZI WERE A THREAT IF STUPID SHIT LIKE THIS KEEPS HAPPENING?

AHHHHHHH
>>
>>48054352
Does Jace hate Liliana or is he tsundere for her?
>>
>>48054386

Let's hope they killed Phyrexia next and let the fuckers stay dead.
>>
>>48053067
Unless something crazy good is spoiled madness vamps are still gonna be shit
>>
>>48054393
They fucked up hard with the two set policy. It's pretty stupid.
>>
>>48054305
Look, it is bad. Just like "destroy target creature your opponent controls".

There are times where you have to murder your own creature. And clauses like "your opponent" that prevent that are completely stupid. It's not like the situation presents itself often but when you find yourself in that situation and the card reads that you cannot just nuke yourself (which at all other points in the game would be to your disadvantage) to your advantage, then it feels bad.

And I don't know why they are doing it. I can only speculate that their stupid user surveys revealed that players don't like their own magic getting thrown back at them.

Here's the point. If Lightning Bolt said, 3 damage to creature you don't control or target opponent there would be legitimately some times where I lost the game because I literally could not shoot myself in the face. And with the way they're using the "opponent" clause it only creates more of those situations. I'd rather have the flexibility to do whatever rare niche applications because the mitigating benefits they have from using the "opponent" clause cannot possibly be as good as those moments where you find the line out of a bad situation by aiming your spells at yourself.

On that note, I would love it if you could order your creatures to attack yourself.
>>
>>48054386
>>48054393
>Killed
She's not killed, just imprisoned.
>>
>>48054404
Post yfw they spoil a Vampire Rootwalla.
>>
>>48054414

Why do you need to Danate something to yourself? The Killling i understan but why the Donate something?
>>
>>48054352
Well what's the remaining pages filled with?
>>
>>48054427
act of treason effects
>>
>>48054403
>All the crazy shit with Urza, Legacy, Karn, Mirrodin, and Neo Phyrexia
>And Jacetice League will simply defeat the Phyrexians forever in two short blocks
>Something that took MANY UPON MANY blocks to simply weaken using old walkers and even some of the most powerful old walkers working together in large groups
>>
>>48054414
"Target opponent" in this case is to prevent players from abusing the spell, nothing to do with any user surveys. You can Donate permanents to yourself for an advantage, which is never what the designers intended.

It's just a fixed Donate.
>>
>>48054328

You don't get that they're both sociopaths who are EXTREMELY skilled at what they do. They don't give a fuck about social norms, and show their love for one another with insults and zombie fights.

It's pretty safe to assume that the joe basic elzdrazi horror is a 3/2 because of all the tokens. Gisa and Geralf together are a 4/4, which means the horrors don't really threaten them.

Now, Gisa raises 2/2 zombies en masse, which are enough to defeat the horrors before breaking apart. Geralf has more sophisticated death machines that can cut down swathes of horrors with little effort.

So no, the art is 100% fine.

>>48054220

Thanks. The key is know that they're both sociopaths on different ends of the spectrum who actually care for each other.
>>
>>48054435
You know what?
I would really love if the Jacetice League decided to go take care of the New Phyrexia situation and got soundly defeated and repelled from the plane. Even better if their fuck up gives Gitaxias enough information that he's able to get Venser's compleated corpse ready as the engine for making portals to other planes.
>>
>>48054393
> killed
> set they're introduced in
How new to MtG are you? Emrakul has been around for The better half of a decade.
>>
>>48054352
Whatever happened to shit like Alara-Scars? Why does everything need to be hunky-dory in the end? Why do the bad guys need to get fucked every block?
>>
>>48053451
She's fighting for Jace and so that sorin doesn't turn her into a pile of ash
>>
>>48054487
> turn her into a pile of ash
Sorin stands no chance against Liliana with the veil.
>>
>>48054239
>Hey Burn Bitch, do you want to help me kill a demon in Kaladesh?
>No, fuck you!
>Ok, let him keep your daddy's soul then...
>!!!!!
>roundabout.mp3
>>
File: vomit.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>>48054352
Spare me.
>>
>>48054352
At least Sorin is not kill
>>
>>48053395
She wants to fuck Jace and all this shit trying to kill him gets in the way of who she wants.
>>
>>48054477
they reintroduced her as a threat
also, why the trip?
>>
File: 183.jpg (72 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
183.jpg
72 KB, 312x445
>>48054427
I'm not saying the Threaten interaction happens often if ever. I'm saying you should give players the opportunity to do this utterly useless non-competitive thing. And using the clause at all may even impact competitive situations.

They may say, "we're doing it for flavor". Well fuck them. Fuck the people who put flavor ahead of mechanics. You can get your flavor in a million different ways but when the time comes this "opponent's only" clause is going to hinder someone.

I would rather get screwed by my own spell than not have the option to hit myself.

Look at Skinrender. I've had to kill my own creature because my opponent bounced their only target before it resolved and Skinrender had to kill either itself or another one of my creatures. I fucking love that. That's the way the game should be - with maximum flexibility and consequences that you can learn from. Those are the best moments in the game when your only line is to do something that hurts you.

What is the point if the game is just going to hand-hold you through all the interactions. How much extra work have you made for your MTGO people because you are printing these stupid cards that don't allow for universal targeting? I bet some guy lost a day of work because he couldn't copy-paste Donate because of this no-opponent clause.
>>
File: 1398129.png (164 KB, 618x375) Image search: [Google]
1398129.png
164 KB, 618x375
>>48053502
>the jacetice league uses the power of friendship to seal emrakul into the moon, just like everyone predicted
>>
>>48054511
Yeah, and now, after six years, Emrakul meets its end. Who cares that it happened at the end of a 2-parter?
>>
>>48053944
>cycle
We'll only get one. Oaths represent new members joining the Superfriends, and probably won't ever be as numerous as the first time again.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1600x1487) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1600x1487
>>48054511
It's a thing from another thread. Original trip name is Vronak-chan. And we've been discussing current shit a lot. Thus, the new name.
>>
>>48054485
I don't know about you man but I'd fuck Lili at the end of every block.
>>
>>48054352
>Gideon whining because Lili uses dangerous and so is muh evil
>Not killing Nahiri on sight for purposedly summoning a fucking eldrazi titan to destroy a plane.

Fuck this color-coded morality shit.
>>
>>48054477
You don't get it, do you? Emrakul was meant to be a spooky, nasty surprise and a significant threat on Innistrad after we heard nothing about her for quite some time, only for the Jacetice League to shove her inside a glass bottle and completely invalidate her as any kind of threat or villain in the same set she reappears in.
>>
>>48054352
Any chance you have the page on what happens to Nahiri, anonbro?
>>
>>48054535
This.
Wizards is the fucking worst for story telling, like holy shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (456 KB, 1600x1487) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
456 KB, 1600x1487
>>48054524
> Emrakul is being sealed away into the Moon
> she displays an unrevealed ability
> she not only can put herself into planes
> she puts herself into Nissa
> Nissa'rakul becomes a new waste/colorless Walker
>>
>>48054539
>Emrakul was meant to be a spooky, nasty surprise

No one was surprised.

>and a significant threat on Innistrad

No one thought she'd be a threat because we already knew that Inninstrad's silver moon would come into play, probably as her prison.
>>
>>48054474
Gitaxias knows everything about planeswalking and the multiverse from Tezzeret but refuses to aknowledge the fact that the sould is a thing.
Phyrexia would be traversing the blind eternities if Jin wasn't a fucking atheist aspie.
>>
>>48054513
>They may say, "I would rather get screwed by my own spell than not have the option to hit myself". Well fuck them. Fuck the people who put mechanics before common sense. You can get your mechanics in a million different ways but when the time comes this "any target" clause is going to hinder someone.
>>
>>48054565
>Sorin: "You have got to be kidding me!"
>>
Does anyone have a link to the Gisa-Geralf story article where they're sending letters to each other?
>>
So I'm guessing that either Emrakul's taking a permanent vacation or will be released to have fun in a few years.
>>
File: IMG_20160701_091300_zps0ukusku3.jpg (216 KB, 648x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_091300_zps0ukusku3.jpg
216 KB, 648x1024
Probably Tammy's new PW art.
>>
>>48054539
> thinking that Emrakul didn't fuck up Innistrad already
> thinking that her nasty deeds are over when she's gone
> thinking there aren't side effects
> thinking Emrakul is dead and not just waiting to be set free
> thinking Emrakul being in the Silver Moon doesn't drasticly change how the Silver Moon affects Innistrad
Come on now.
>>
>>48053451
tsun tsun for jace-kun. She needs to make him owe her so she can get her rocks off and access to his mind powers.
>>
>>48054601
It's going to be revealed later that Moon'mrakul is still subtly fucking the plane up.
>>
>>48054535
What makes you think Nahir survives? She has Sorin and the entire Voldaren clan about to tear her a new asshole.
>>
Also Sorin/Nahiri endgame
>she fights Sorin in Markov Manor, she encases him in a cocoon of stone. that's the last mention of her i'm seeing do far.
>>
>>48054626
>entire voldaren clan a new asshole

I mean Sorin's a threat but we saw how the Markovs faired
>>
>>48054625
I just said that here. >>48054618
>>
>>48054618
those are good ideas...which WotC will never touch on because the writers are terrible.
>>
>>48054597
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/games-2016-04-27
>>
>>48054640
We still don't know where the fuck Edgar ended up.
>>
>>48054629
Wow
Fucking lame.
>>48054568
Just because no one was surprised don't make it any less of an intended surprise. Wizards have been really dropping the ball in their story-telling as of late.
>No one thought she'd be a threat because we already knew that Inninstrad's silver moon would come into play, probably as her prison.
We speculated yes, and we hoped it would not be such a stupid plot.
>>
>>48054625
KEEP INNISTRAD WEIRD.
>>
>>48054649
thanko
>>
>>48054352
>all the known eldrazi titans were dead or imprisoned again

So Emrakul is in the moon and there is a setup for more Eldrazi titans to show up

Nice setting up for future plot hooks Wizards
>>
>>48054648
>because the writers are terrible.
Ken Troop, save us.
>>
>>48054617
I wouldn't mind going on interplanar adventures with Tamiyo since they'll never go back to Kamigawa.
>>
>>48054403
>>48054435
>>48054474
Honestly though, even without the Jacetice league New Phyrexia is pretty fucked. Karn is loose and he's arguably the most powerful being currently existing in the mtg lore, and with time powers to boot. That isnt something you want gunning for you.
>>
>>48054617
Best Blue. I like to picture she writes the Planeswalker's Guides.
>>
If the moon is anything like its shard, Emrakul shouldn't be able to affect shit outside of it.
>>
>>48053680
>>48053705

>they pick up Vraska and Ashiok
>plane traveling baddies
>also slice-of-life comedy

I would pour so much money into this
>>
>>48054629
Wait, you have the artbook? Is there anything with Ludevic?
>>
>>48054626
She also has tits.
Modern media critics dictate that named female characters cannot be antagonistic, and therefore cannot suffer any consequences for their actions, unless they unapologetically hold a possition of privilege over minorities like Olivia does.
>>
>>48054642
Wow, you so great!
Fucking tripfags
>>
>>48054649
>Here is a foot covered in gout. It reminded me of your personality.

Fucking aces, this is my favorite magic story by far.
>>
File: Von_Karma_Breakdown_3.gif (7 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Von_Karma_Breakdown_3.gif
7 KB, 256x192
>>48053395
>Goatwatch comes to the rescue again
Why can't we just say Innistrad is fucked, bind Emmy there so she can't wreck havoc, and get out?
>>
>>48054435
new phyrexia was a mistake in the first place

mirroden should have ended contested, so we could come back to koth and the praetor revolts
>>
>>48054642
Like I give a shit.
>>
>>48054679
They will one day anon, they will one day.
>>
>>48054710
I can definitely see them going to Ravnica at some point. the Golgari and the Simic would definitely be of interest to Gisa and the Delver, I'm not really sure about the other guilds.
>>
>>48054699
> thinking a tiny shard of the Moon shows any real affects
> thinking Emrakul isn't a cosmic forgetting monster that fucks up planes for food
> thinking Emrakul can be compared to Demons and an Angel
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.