[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Communal World Building Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 27
File: 01-1024x802.jpg (251 KB, 1024x802) Image search: [Google]
01-1024x802.jpg
251 KB, 1024x802
Making a location is really easy. The trick is to make it vivid and focus on what matters to the game. By keeping the details vague and writing down only what the players can discover everything comes together really fast. Nondescript goon stats can plug into any NPC should combat become necessary, no need to worry about it just yet.

>Name
>Occupation
>Power base
>Allies
>Enemies
>Conflict
>Secret (Opt.)

Populate this small town with NPCs. Cover the 6 categories and try to reference other NPCs. Add a pic, and we're ready to play.

It's been nearly a generation sense the fall of the USSR. And in it's wake formed countless dictators and warlord states. That is were you live, in the ancient hamlet of Severoyev that's been forgotten by all but the tax collectors.
>>
File: Master_of_Laketoun.jpg (720 KB, 1166x1920) Image search: [Google]
Master_of_Laketoun.jpg
720 KB, 1166x1920
>Name
Ivankov Nikodim Nikolayevich
>Occupation
Severoyev's Mayor
>Power base
The rich(er) locals
>Allies
The local Presbyter, the mercs he has hired to keep the rabble in check, the other head town officials in nearby villages who he's in a alliance of necessity with
>Enemies
The local business holders who're being taxed dry, the representatives of the regional warlord
>Conflict
If he can't pay the next tribute he'll be "replaced" and who will be there to live in his lavish house then? "Guess I'll just have to raise the taxes." The pesantr- I mean the citizenry are getting ever more fed up lately.
>Secret
The town used to be a hideaway the nobles of Old Russia used after the fall of the Tzar. There's many escape tunnels and even a massive storage of black powder to be blown as a last defence.
>>
File: Liberty-Prime.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Liberty-Prime.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
>>48051902
>Communal World
YOU KNOW THE DRILL!
>>
>>48051902
Are we archiving these somewhere? I'd hope we'd put them on 1d4chan or someplace.
>>
File: Maksimilian.jpg (76 KB, 730x1095) Image search: [Google]
Maksimilian.jpg
76 KB, 730x1095
>Name
Maksimilian Sokolov
>Occupation
"Smuggler" is such an ugly word, no?
>Power Base
Those who need something and don't care how legal it is.
>Allies
Other criminals. His dog, Rasputin.
>Enemies
Ivankov Nikolayevich, the town government.
>Conflict
The "police" have been getting closer and closer to catching his "shipments."
>Secret
Is owed "favors" by people in high places.
>>
>>48051902
>Name
Giancarlo Dominigo
>Occupation
Second in commond of the "police" force
>Power base
Only one person controls him: The Cheif of Police. Other than that, he has free reign over the city.
>Allies
His Italian family (they immigrated there just before the war, and managed to survive)
>Enemies
Smugglers, other policemen, civilians
>Conflict
He's been tasked with taking down Maksililian's operation
>Secret
He knows the location of a secret large lake full of fresh water, which is scarce in the town
>>
>>48051902
Live, thread!
LIVE, DAMMIT!
>>
>Name
Gavriil Ivanovich
>Occupation
Gun for hire.
>Power base
His skills in combat, and the occasional free drinks at the bar.
>Allies
Those looking to hire him, Maksimilian who usually hires him to shoot enemies.
>Enemies
The relatives and friends of those he killed in combat (shooting people tends to make enemies), other mercs hired against him, goons of the various dictators of the land.
>Conflict
The increase in competition against hired guns has been drastic since the downfall of the USSR, the many dictators are ferocious against hired guns due to often being used against them.
>Secret
Saddened over the loss of what he viewed to be a great empire and still keeps the medals and trinkets he earned for his loyalty and dedication to the army.
Banged the local warlord's daughter a while back, still getting hunted for it occasionally.
>>
>>48053296
Long live communal world building!
>>
>>48051902
>Name
Antonina Vasilyev
>Occupation
Cook
>Power Base
Anyone who is hungry
>Allies
Paying customers
>Enemies
Thinks Giancarlo is a despot, owes a debt to Maksimillian that he is all too eager to collect.
>Conflict
Maksimillian is getting more and more aggressive about collecting his debt, and Antonina worries that violence will be next.
>Secret
Was smuggled across the border by Maksimillian.
>>
File: Antonina.jpg (18 KB, 236x350) Image search: [Google]
Antonina.jpg
18 KB, 236x350
>>48053437
>>
>>48051902
>>Name
The Cheif
>>Occupation
The Cheif of Police
>>Power base
Being the biggest asshole in town, basically running a gang
>>Allies
The few people he likes in the force, mostly higher ups
>>Enemies
The whole town loathes him
>>Conflict
He doesn't want smugglers or other small gangs in the town, as he wants full control
>>Secret
Cries himself to sleep
>>
File: 1390500128723.jpg (136 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1390500128723.jpg
136 KB, 480x640
>Name
Nikita Orlov
>Occupation
Arms and ammo dealer, seen here in his promotional photo for PKM Belt madness week
>Power base
People in need of firepower
>Allies
Gavril is his best customer
>Enemies
Tax collectors, cops dislike having armed people around
>Conflict
The chief is investigating him after a sudden increase in the local gangers' firepower
>Secret
Under the counter merchandise supplied by Sokolov.
>>
>>48053697
Cheeki Breeki comrade! Got any nugget food for me? Also, I could use some "extra firepower".
>>
File: ammo011e.jpg (63 KB, 1043x795) Image search: [Google]
ammo011e.jpg
63 KB, 1043x795
>>48053746
Only the best ! Non-corosive! Czechoslovakia silver-tip.
Cash or on your tab?
>>
>>48051902
>Name
Doctor Kunetzov
>Occupation
Surgeon, Chemist, Doctor
>Power Base
His medical knowledge
>Allies
Ivankov Nikolayevich, Antonina Vasilyev
>Enemies
Nikita Orlov, Gavril Ivanovich, Maksimillian Sokolov
>Conflict
Incredibly overworked and incredibly depressed.
>Secret
Obtains some of his drugs from less than reputable sources.
>>
>>48053806
Tab for now friend, I gotta contract coming up soon. Bandit killing is a renewable resource these days.
>>
File: Doctor Kunetzov.jpg (96 KB, 600x759) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Kunetzov.jpg
96 KB, 600x759
>>48053883
Dammit every time
>>
>Name

>Occupation
Town Priest

>Power Base
Religious and conservative people.

>Allies
Traders, neoliberals and capitalist, the Mayor Nikolayevich, The Police.

>Enemies
Communists, USSR restorationists.

>Conflict
Afraid that if the Mayor Nikolayevich fails to collect the requiered tributes he might be replaced with some left wing mayor that can threaten his plans of reviving the Church.

>Secret
Used to get money from the NATO to organise anti government circles and resistances among the underground clergy in USSR and perhaps he did more than that...
>>
>>48053942
Forgot name
> Alexei Fyodorovich Nazarov aka "Alyoshka"
>>
>>48053697
Morning, Nikita. Got that shipment you wanted.
>>
>>48053982
Pleasure doing business with you,Maks. Just keep them coming, those things sell like hot bread.
>>
>>48054033
And I got something special for you too, cause you're such a good customer. 100 rounds of Dragon's Breath.
>>
File: tampere_-_eglise_orthodoxe_3[1].jpg (189 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
tampere_-_eglise_orthodoxe_3[1].jpg
189 KB, 600x800
Who is coming for tonight's mass at the church?

There will be a meeting about how to finance the upcoming observances and festives in July and a new born will be baptised tonight. The baby has a strange birthmark on his forehead.
>>
>>48054131
Is it the Antichrist again, Alyoshka?
>>
File: big_13849474957935.jpg (589 KB, 1100x736) Image search: [Google]
big_13849474957935.jpg
589 KB, 1100x736
>>48054067
Ohohoho now THAT is something I havent seen in a while.
This calls for a drink. And none of that domestic crap. I've been saving this for a special occasion.
To a successful and profitable partnership! Nazdarovya!
>>
>Name
Dynamic Donkey
>Occupation
Male prostitute
>Power base
Horny middle-aged housewives, and the magic he gets from the haunted vidya mods he collects
>Allies
Kambucha Steve, Milk Pepper (his pimp), Orf (his "dog" made from removed growths and tumors), Loan Shark (his brother), and Daniel (a starbuck barista he finds cute in a plutonic way)
>Enemies
Stealthy Ass, Meatball Backslide, Rocket Rhonda, Patt Grunwich(professional pedophile), Norma Johnson(a really burnt out CEO of an RPG company, which she knows nothing about), Kate (His secret crush)
>Conflict
Dynamic Donkey is accused of being a furry, which in his homeland is a crime punishable by death. He really isn't, he just needed a whore name that had a nice ring to it.
>Secret (Opt.)
He is a vorephile, and member of the Occultus Vorephilum, a cult of vorephiles who scheme to overthrow the king.
>>
>>48054156
You're a connoisseur of firearms and ammo, right? Shall we head out to the badlands and shoot some shit?
>>
>>48054131
Nah, I'm gonna be busy getting drunk and reminiscing the olden days... Ah, dearest friends I will miss you.
>>
>>48054153
Thinking how a man with a birthmark brought down this evil and oppressing government, I have high hopes for this child. Also good doctor... Recently I feel tired a lot and have bloody coughs. Could you examine me sometime?
>>
>>48054190
It's called "age," Alyoshka. Not even I can cure that.
>>
>>48054181
A picnic with the "merchant of death" ,as you like to call me,doc? What has gotten into you?
Doesnt matter, im always up for a good hunt. Just let me pack my bag.
>>
>>48054257
I.... suppose I don't really know. It's just really been a while since my actions have determined whether somebody lives or dies, and I've read every book in my study eight times.
>>
>>48054257
>>48054297
If you're going up north towards the woods then be careful of bandits, I shot a few earlier to help clear the place up.
>>
>>48054333
South, then. I've seen enough corpses as it is.
>>
>>48054297
Theres nothing better than a deer hunt when you want to clear your head.

>>48054333
I'll keep that in mind, maybe i should bring vests for me and the doc.
>>
>>48054387
Mind if I borrow a gun?
>>
>>48054190
But coughing up blood.. I'll take a look.
>>
File: 3164323.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
3164323.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1440
>>48054402
Of course not! And the ammo is on the house,a man never knows when he'll need your services.
Here you go, this is the ИЖ-27 over-under. A trusty and tried break action hunting rifle.
>>
>Name
Olga Samkova
>Occupation
Dairy farming
>Power base
Almost none. Used to be her father. Now some high ranked people in the village.
>Allies
None, other than some old women in nearby farms.
>Enemies
Not real enemies but people who wants to take advantage, see power base.
>Conflict
Father died recently of stress after brother died in a stupid skirmish for a warlord. Alone in a shitty house with two cows and some chicken. No money to even sustain the house. Afraid of starving.
>Secret (Opt.)
Priest Aloshyka has visited her a few times supposedly for charity after her father died. He actually takes advantage of her sexually and gives her some money so she can survive. Recently Aloshyka's friend, the Mayor was also considering taking advantage of her.

Would have had a decent education and a respectable job with her family intact and happy if USSR was still here.
>>
>>48054452
It's been a while since i've used one of these.. I hope I can still...
*expertly cracks and loads the barrel*
Ah.
>>
>>48054460
Cheeki breeki Olga! Any food for sale?
>>
File: kurcxaar14.jpg (48 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
kurcxaar14.jpg
48 KB, 550x413
>>48054473
You are more than meets the eye doc. Where did you pick up that?
And my Laska is coming with us.
>>
>>48054553
I've... had some practice in my day. Some things you never truly forget.
>>
File: skele pirate.jpg (156 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
skele pirate.jpg
156 KB, 800x600
>Name
Captain Skellyman
>Occupation
Pirate/high ranking member a Skeleton Separatist organisation, Skeletons for Skeleton Freedom (SSF)
>Power base
Skeleton Pirate fleet, plundered riches, full support of the SSF( he's their posterboy)
>Allies
A few other pirates, SSF cells, The Party(maybe)
>Enemies
All the sovereign kingdoms, The seafarers guild, Gorgoron(rival Pirate)
>Conflict
Plunders ships in order to fund SSF activities, everyone hates him because he's a) A Skeleton, b) a Pirate and c) an important member of a terrorist organisation
>Secret (Opt.)
Plundered part of the gem used by his creator, the Necromancer Mark Hastings, to start the Undead War 60 years ago without telling his SSF allies. When the gem is complete it gives the user complete control over Skeleton kind, the ability to raise the dead in large numbers and can grant undead abilities past their unatural limits. Skeleman's shard, which he keeps hidden under his eyepatch at all times, grants him a fraction of that power.
>>
>>48054512
Some cheese, butter or boiled milk with honey?
>>
File: russian-cheese_small.jpg (49 KB, 235x160) Image search: [Google]
russian-cheese_small.jpg
49 KB, 235x160
>>48054654
Cheese please, I need to get the taste of shitty vodka out of my mouth.
>>
>>48054701
My father always told my brother never to drink. It is the root of all evil. A decent man shouldn't numb his brain he used to say. Here is your cheese.
>>
File: michal-paks-longrange.jpg (200 KB, 1408x1000) Image search: [Google]
michal-paks-longrange.jpg
200 KB, 1408x1000
>Name
Rodina Yakovna
>Occupation
Bounty Hunter/The Town Guard (As in Singular(It not as if Ivankov's Mercs are going to do anything for the civilians besides too them))
>Power base
Her Nagant. The town loves her so the less savory type typically leave her alone.
>Allies
Giancarlo, they've had to worked together a few times when bandits attack the town. Gavriil, drinking baddie.
>Enemies
Bandits have it out for her. Captain Skellyman, delusional old man at the bar who keeps making moves on her. The Chief who hates people doing his job for him and the sway she has over the people.
>Conflict
The Chief seems ready to send more then just a cease and desist notice.
>Secret (Opt.)
Her father who taught everything she knows was part of the secret police before the fall of the empire
>>
>>48054798
I'll take your moral advice to heart. Now if you'll excuse me I have a contract to turn in. Gonna get so much ruble, vodka, and pussy!
>>
>>48054881
drinking buddy*
>>
>>48051902
Anyone seen Skellyman around? He's disappeared, and I'm certain he's gonna hurt himself.
>>
File: Fun times ahead commrade.png (8 KB, 1005x541) Image search: [Google]
Fun times ahead commrade.png
8 KB, 1005x541
>>48054881
Rodina friend! Let's get hammered in honor of the Old Country!
>>
>>48055079
Gavriil you old bastard, of course I'd love a drink!
>>
File: For the old country!.png (9 KB, 1005x541) Image search: [Google]
For the old country!.png
9 KB, 1005x541
>>48055124
Down the hatch!
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1191x671) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1191x671
>Name
Fyodor Vasilev
>Occupation
Business owner; Barkeep
>Power base
His clientele, the townsfolk
>Allies
Having lived in the town since his birth, Fyodor is at least respected by most townsfolk.
>Enemies
He is an outspoken critic of Mayor Ivankov Nikodim
>Conflict
Fyodor has taken a more vocal stand against Ivankov as of late, speaking out against the increased taxation of the townsfolk.
>Secret (Opt.)
His bar, The Tzar's Bottle or "Tsarskaya Butylka", is ran out of a derelict Soviet administration office. Recently however, hidden rooms have been discovered, hinting towards a more sinister past in service of the KGB. Never the less Fyodor rents out these rooms for storage or events, both legal and not.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.