[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wild Hunt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15
File: 1460311624407.jpg (894 KB, 800x1133) Image search: [Google]
1460311624407.jpg
894 KB, 800x1133
>A distant horn is heard
>suddenly the eyes of all the nearby elves turn pure black and unblinking
>they reach for their weapons
>"too many to slaughter, must run, must run now" your gnomic guide whispers
>>
>>48050253
Depending on the system and setting. (Many of them) gnomes are also fey.
Thus your greentext should be....

>A distant horn is heard
>>
>>48050253
>gnome recommends running
>legs shorter than a turkey drumstick

must waddle, must waddle now
>>
>>48050253
>too many to slaughter

No such thing. BLOOD AND THUNDER!
>>
>>48050253
>>
>>48050253
>your gnomic guide whispers
Clearly this all happened because someone was dumb enough to trust a gnome.
>>
File: 1439007483034.gif (1 MB, 296x142) Image search: [Google]
1439007483034.gif
1 MB, 296x142
>>48050253
Bitch, I'm too big for their shit.
>>
>>48050253
>too many to slaughter
No such thing.
>>
File: sarban the sound of his horn.jpg (22 KB, 237x400) Image search: [Google]
sarban the sound of his horn.jpg
22 KB, 237x400
>>48050253
Well. What a strange day of coincidences.
>>
>>48050253
God damn it, now I really want to frolic in the forest with a nudist wood elf.
>>
>>48052373
She's not a nudist though, she wears a leaf/ivy string bikini.
>>
>>48052696
He never said it was with that specific elf, just a nudist elf in general.
>>
>>48050755
VICTORY AT SEA
>>
I'm running a ravenloft game at the moment where the dark powers are slowly turning the players into darklords as they fuck up, one of them is an elven wizard and I have planned for him to eventually become the dullahan if he fucks up

If things get to the point of BAD END he'll see the wild hunt come and stop in front of him/the party. At that point the hotrible truth will dawn on him and they will place the crown over his severed head
>>
>>48052757
Yeah, that or a dryad or a nymph or something. There's a certain purity and innocence to that kind of thing.
>>
Not to toot any horns but I'm pretty sure my character could handle it. If only because that's such a specific situation that is tailored to his strengths.
>>
>>48050253
Ahh, fae hunts.
I eat those for breakfast.
I mean literally.
>>
>>48050253
I've read enough mythology to know running is the OPPOSITE of what you need to do. Beasts only respect strength. Stand your ground and you may survive.
>>
File: do you believe in destiny.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
do you believe in destiny.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>48050253
Let them come. They can't kill what's already dead, and whatever else they can do, it's better than I deserve.

Save yourself, if you must, but this is where I die.
>>
File: bloodsucker.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
bloodsucker.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>
>>48053812
source?
>>
>>48054735
google RWBY
>>
>>48054158
I don't get it.
>>
>>48055041
You don't see the almost invisible guy with glowing eyes running past the camera?
>>
>>48055041
Something nearly invisible runs in front of him, which is why he stops and turns to try and see it.
>>
>>48055063
>You don't see the almost invisible guy?
pls understand
>>
>>48054158
GET OUT OF THERE, STALKER!
>>
File: Outdoors_Concept.jpg (38 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
Outdoors_Concept.jpg
38 KB, 760x428
>Many gods, worshiped by different peoples
>The followers of Midr, the Holy and Righteous, grow increasingly militant and imperialistic
>He claims himself the One True God
>Tensions between religions start rising
>One day, the Midr States occupy a city belonging to a neighboring sovereign nation
>The people of that land worship Hielde, the Solemn and Just; but Midr gives his command
>From 47 villages, the righteous Midr crusaders take the heretics from their homes and families
>A thousand peoples, many women and children included, are forced to march to the city gates
>They are proclaimed traitors to the holy cause, and are deemed judgement
>There was no sun that day, the day the rivers coursed with the blood of a thousand corpses

>"That's the story behind the Somber March, lad.. the day that the country of Staine finally saw the truth behind Midr."
>"While the 'holy warriors' collected the unbelievers, the people did naught but march, wordlessly."
>"It's kind of odd, even. They say that, even to the moment where they were struck by the crusader's blades, both the victims and onlookers stood in a solemn silence; they greeted Death like their brother."
>"And from then on they fight, like their lost brothers and sisters are right beside them.."
>>
File: Seen_any_elves.png (60 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Seen_any_elves.png
60 KB, 256x240
>all these "teleports behind you" freeform rp style replies
>>
>>48055575
>anybody not level 1 d&d peon is freeform powergamer
>>
>>48053812
Goddamn you! I did not come here to cry you fuck!
>>
>>48053812
Those hiccups.

Someone knows.
>>
B-but I'm an elf too...
>>
>>48054158
fucking jumpy Cthulhus
>>
>>48055357
>The people of that land worship Hielde, the Solemn and Just; but Midr gives his command
>From 47 villages, the righteous Midr crusaders take the heretics from their homes and families
By definition they can't be heretics if they aren't from the same religion.
>>
>it's an elf bait thread
And you keep falling for it.
>>
>>48055041
After he exits the building, look closer to the left. Pause second-by-second if necessary. You can see two eye glows and some sort of Predator cloak.
>>
>>48056488
We've been telling them that for years, anon.
>>
File: bg-urwstart.png (663 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bg-urwstart.png
663 KB, 800x600
>>48050253
I sound a horn of my own, of course. After all, my brethren must know where the elves are hiding and that the Hunt is on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9FeOmCuWU

>Hunting is going on,
>We are a part of the wilderness.
>Hunting is going on,
>Only the fast will survive.

>In the forest we prowl,
>Looking hard for elves,
>Blood boils in our hearts,
>Our eyes like the wolves.

>We run after elves like possessed,
>And we kill without pity.
>We rejoice and we laugh when the elves fall.
>Hunting's more than just killing for the food.

>Hunting is going on,
>We are a part of the wilderness.
>Hunting is going on,
>Only the fast will survive.

>Away they will not get, those knife-eared,
>Not even the smallest one.
>We live in the forest - here, only fast ones live,
>Only strongest will survive.
>>
>>48056488
>By definition they can't be heretics if they aren't from the same religion.
Isn't the assumption here that Religion A is the one true religion that everyone once followed, and Religion B is the wrong-thinking one that stole their congregation?
>>
>>48056514
Why would you reply in a thread you don't like? That seems pointless.
>>
>>48056732

Nobody cared who he was until he replied in a thread he didn't like.
>>
>>48052373
>"Frolic"
http://pastebin.com/yHrtLyKd
>>
File: Zealot.png (2 MB, 1408x1800) Image search: [Google]
Zealot.png
2 MB, 1408x1800
>>48050253
DEUS
VULT
>>
>>48052181
the fuck is this?
>>
File: Bane_TDKR3.jpg (49 KB, 470x706) Image search: [Google]
Bane_TDKR3.jpg
49 KB, 470x706
>>48056998
Is he a big guy?
>>
>>48056727
Then they're apostates, you cannot be a heretic of a religion you aren't part of. If they've left their former faith they aren't part of it anymore and can't be heretics.
>>
>the wild hunt can only be in fantasy
>removing all aspects of pagan horror from the wild hunt

It's like you don't want to have fun.

Here's a short horror campaign for you.

>players are campers in some German forest
>it's the real boonies out here, nearest town is at least a few kilometers out, but they're not unprepared, they have food, shelter, water, communication and minor defense, maybe some tracking or other outdoorsman skills
>looking for a new, decent camping spot, forest is getting pretty thick and in some parts impenetrable
>decided to turn back and head in a different direction
>after a short hike through some pretty open terrain, it's getting dark, and it'll get darker in the forest
>really have to set up now
>weather's been getting worse all day
>suddenly a violent gust blow across the canopy overhead, deafening at time as the wind rips through the treetops
>players can see their breath it's so cold in the forest
>it's the middle of summer
>it sounds like a terrible storm is coming in and the wind gushing through the trees is sometimes so strong as to rip tents from the ground
>players must find a way out of the forest, in the dark
>notice that when the gusts of wind come down into the forest, they leave faint marks in the ground
>notice that the thunder in the sky sounds weird, like barking dogs in the distance
>finally let the players see colossal black shapes stalking through the dense treeline while lightning flashes and the undeniable roar of a great horn is sounded somewhere in the vastness
>the forest goes dead silent when they see the huge hounds stalking the darkness, all they can hear is far off barks and sniffing, when the hounds leave, the wind comes back
>optionally let the players glimpse huge humanoids above the canopy, with spears and swords and axes, figures in robes and armour, unless it comes off as too obvious, also optionally, seeing these huge figures brings about panic and terror, maybe even possible death
>>
>The bard, being a complete fucking idiot, tries to counter the sound by breathing in on his trumpet.
>>
>>48055641
>premisse says they are too many too fight
>ignores premisse only to say how strong you/your spells are

That IS freeform RP style replies. Or just being too butthurt to let go of power fantasies in name of dramatic narrative moment.
>>
>>48058840
For you.
>>
>>48059158
No, the premise states that your guide SAYS there are too many to fight.
>>
>>48059158
>premisse says they are too many too fight
No the gnome guide says there are too many to fight. And that guy is a pussy gnome, relative to his own strength he may be right, he couldn't fight that many and believes no one else can either. Information given in character is not necessarily objective truth.
>>
File: RikerClapping.gif (261 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
RikerClapping.gif
261 KB, 300x306
>>48059107
>tries to counter the sound by breathing in on his trumpet.

Please tell me someone actually did this in one of your campaigns.
>>
File: 1439588293949.jpg (31 KB, 573x619) Image search: [Google]
1439588293949.jpg
31 KB, 573x619
>>48059241
>Pussy gnome
>Not someone who due to his own limitation has become good at estimating when conflict can be resolved favorably or when best avoided
>Ignoring said persons words

Ya no, anon is right about the freeform RP style replies and power fantasies.

Pretty funny that this e-peen stroking would quickly be replaced by in game meta and quick retreating.
>>
>>48050253
>Let not one of those curs pass by
>HOW MANY OF THEM CAN WE MAKE DIE!
>>
File: max.jpg (153 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
153 KB, 1000x750
>>48058991
Original poster here, the religion of the setting is a bit complicated: in the general region where the world's more advanced civilizations are (an Europe equivalent), all people worship the Great Ones, god-like beings that many centuries ago purged the land of monsters, letting the civilized races grow and prosper. However since the Great Ones and their tenets are so different, different peoples take to worshiping different ones, and someone who worships a different Great One than yourself is called a heretic (it's not always an offensive connotation). Naturally however, in other parts of the world that the Great Ones never reached, they worship a million other things: Great One worshipers call them heathens.
Some of the friction in the setting is being created by the worshipers of the Golden Dragon Midr, who have created a theocratic state who is aggressively waging crusades against heathens and sometimes heretic nations. The Somber March quickly grew infamous throughout the continent, and while relations to those who worship other Great Ones are growing tense, the followers of Hielde are outraged. Staine, being a historically Hielde-aligned country, is on the brink of total war.
>>
>>48068632
This reads like the only thing you know about any kind of religion is a vague knowledge of Christianity and assume that polytheism means a million Christianities in one place. A priest of Zeus doesn't call a priest of Posidon a heretic. Henotheism is a term for the kind of religion you're describing where there are multiple accepted gods but one is considered to be preeminent but it's still not heresy to not pick the same god to be the one worth worshipping.
>>
>>48050253
>"Go ahead."

>"What are you going to do?"

>"Waste enough of their time for you to escape."

>"Why?"

>"Nobody's actually going to miss me. Why do you think I was alone when we met?"
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.