[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TG related literature.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
/Lit/ are pretentious fags than hate fun, so /tg/ best books for getting ideas for your games?
I will post some of the ones than I liked.
Conan the Barbarian, cool setting, one of the origian fantasy murderhobos and very fun to read about.
Farfhard and the Grey mouser: Barbarian and thief/swordsmen duo of bad asses, another must for anyone than likes fantasy old school.
Dying earth and anything Jack Vance: You know vancian magic? This is the first time it appears. Awesome settings too, lots of crazy shit and full of Adventure.
Chronicles of Dragolance: How a good DnD game should go. I loved it as a teen, draconians, dragons anda paladin nation, but they gave us cancer. Or kenders.
The First law: Meh setting, awesome characters. Gloom but full of rythm.
The Second Apocalipsis: This one or you love it or hate it. Not for easy to offend people, the setting is awesome but the characters are some of the shittiest people ever. I could only emphatize with one and he was pitiful.
Brandon Sanderson: Awesome setting, not so hot characters, the Way of kings is awesome in a shonen way.
The Traitor Son: Knights mercs, wild monsters and a world full of magic than is kinda of a lazy real world but not. I loved it, the dude liked his medieval combat and it made it come alive nicely.
David Eddings: Formulaic and kinda of previsible, but I read his books like an american eat burgers.

Feel free to post your prefered books, obscure but good shit. Like Blood monster tattoo. Monsters, Pre-Napoleonic tech weaposn and amrour with lots of biotech. Monsters everywhere and an author with a love for obscure words and to make new words. Pretty cool for a young teen book, lots of quality in world building.
>>
>>48048528
NPCs by Drew Hayes: When a group of Player Characters die in a Tavern, a group of NPCs have to take their place in an attempt to keep their insane King from finding out about their deaths and bringing doom to their village.

I didn't have high expectations for the book going in, but I actually fell in love with it for some reason.
>>
>the Way of kings is awesome in a shonen way.
So, bad?
>>
>reading fiction
>>
>>48049098
>Implying that TTRPGs aren't just a cooperative fictional story.
>>
Mogworld. A book about a zombie in a fantasy world who isn't supposed to exist, but does anyway. It's really good but I don't want to spoil anything.
>>
File: Cao Cao come at me bro.gif (904 KB, 340x257) Image search: [Google]
Cao Cao come at me bro.gif
904 KB, 340x257
Romance of the Three Kingdoms, if you want some good inspiration for elaborate multi-way civil wars.
>>
not a lot of SF so far
>>
>>48052750
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clone_Republic

Pretty good military sci-fi. The poor naming choice unfortunately makes it hard to find. I've got PDFs of the books somewhere, I'll drop a dl when I find where they're saved.
>>
>>48048528
Team Yankee is a pretty good book. The Cold War Flames of War is based off of that book
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
>>48048528
The Expanse novels are basically the PERFECT Traveller game; a eclectic group of private individuals on a spaceship that's way too cool for them to actually afford who go around getting involved in politics WAY over their head and generally spend a lot of time making already complex situations way worse while encountering crazy alien bullshit that is genuinely less dangerous then all the crap the rest of the human race does.
The main character is like the perfect example of that one PC who genuinely thinks that plans that brake EVERYTHING is totally a good idea.

The tv series isn't half bad either, great production values.
>>
Space Viking influenced so much of Traveller, especially The New Era that it's ridiculous. Not to mention it's public domain, so you can read that shit RIGHT NOW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Viking
>>
>>48052750
>>48053551
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hs5x4l5atxc5gd/Clone+series.zip

Writing except from a biography he ghost wrote for. http://sadsamspalace.blogspot.com/2012/06/excerpt-from-rogue-champion.html
It's a boxing piece, so you get a little sample of how he handles combat.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.