[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UESRPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: UESRPG Core Rulebook Cover.jpg (7 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
UESRPG Core Rulebook Cover.jpg
7 KB, 194x259
My group is thinking about playing a campaign in the Unnoficial Elder Scrolls RPG, has anyone here played it and can you say if it's any good or not?
>>
>>48047392

Well, it's based on Runequest, so it depends on whether or not you think Runequest is good.
>>
>>48047392
I've mostly only heard good things about it, but then again I've mostly talked to people involved in the development of it.
Not played it myself yet.
I do know that it's playable and is in use by at least a few ongoing groups, which seem to have a good time.

How do you feel about Runequest?
>>
>>48048829
Never played, not an MMO person.
>>
>>48050290
Runequest is a RP system senpai, you're thinking of Runescape.
>>
>>48050331
Wow I feel fucking stupid, I'll have to research Runequest some.
>>
>>48050360
If you haven't played it I don't think learning its rules in order to then learn TUESRPG's similar rules is necessary.
>>
>>48050381
Yeah I know, I'm not planning on learning the rules, just getting a feel for both games.
>>
>>48047392
It's awesome
>>
>>48047392
Well, not knowing that it has some connection to Runequest i always thought it is based on the FFG 40k RPG's, but yes, if you like or can handle crunchy gameplay it is a good system with a lot of choices that can be made just for flavour.

The character creation allows you to make just about anything you can think of, starting at any power level, and the combat system is deep and varied.
Wanna go starting adventurer with sword and board. There you go. Wanna play a high powered epic campaign with daedra and dragons involved right from the start? Slapp some more creation points on that character and a badass has been born.

But be warned that combat is,to some degree even for baddasses, also extremely deadly and while it is certainly possible to play stuff like a dedicated alchemist or merchant the should invest at least a bit into combat skills in order to not be useless in those situations.
>>
>>48047392
It's fucking dope, would highly recommend. Creators of the game are really receptive to questions and feedback too, which is a huge plus
>>
File: 1411201052115-0.jpg (72 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1411201052115-0.jpg
72 KB, 392x500
>>48054562
UESRPG is based primarily on two games; one part RuneQuest - a game that is moderately crunchy. The other half of UESRPG is WH40K, which is fairly light. One would think that the UESRPG then is a moderately crunchy system.
No, it is really crunchy. It suffers from being a crunchy system written by amateurs, so it's kinda lke the original AD&D, with rules everywhere and missing the red thread that makes the crunch easy to ingest.
If you soldier through it, you will however find a solid game.
>>
>>48047392
Its a number crunching simulator. Just stick to 5E with the elder scrolls info swapped in. Theres a wiki for all the right info.
>>
File: budding heroes.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
budding heroes.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48047392
It's pretty good.

PC spellcasters suck in in, since magika regenerates at a snail's pace. Interpret this as a good or bad decision at your leisure.

Be careful with the supplements. Shadowcasters and Vampire Lords can be incredibly powerful if you try, and should be very carefully controlled. Shadow Casters shouldn't be allowed to have a Convergence Rating higher than 4 or 5 at (default) character creation, and becoming a vampire lord should probably be only available after Character creation.

>>48059037
>"lol just use 3.5. It's free and easier"
>"lol just use GURPS. You can do anything with it"
>"lol just use 5e. It's so simple"
Here, look at PDF related, it's probably right up your alley. You're welcome.
Now fuck off.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.