[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ podcasts/recordings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Decaton overseer.jpg (330 KB, 640x814) Image search: [Google]
Decaton overseer.jpg
330 KB, 640x814
I'm looking for recordings or podcasts of /tg/ games to listen to/watch to fill the void between actually being able to play games myself. Any suggestions on good ones? Modron picture because Primus wills it.
>>
>>48039485
The Yog Radio podcasts of Horror on the Orient Express and other Call of Cthulhu adventures were quite good.

And Alice Isn't Dead.
>>
File: BrZ4_k1CcAAi6yL.png (203 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
BrZ4_k1CcAAi6yL.png
203 KB, 600x337
>>48039485
>>
Any podcasts where they talk about the games themselves and their mechanics? I find most "actual play" recordings to be incredibly grating.
>>
>>48044271
I don't know if it's still available but one called Actual People Actual Play sounds like what you're looking for.
>>
>>48044271
Personally I prefer the gameplay ones, but I generally put them on as background noise while doing other things
>>
>>48045979
>>48047791
My problem is the people are usually annoying, competing for laughs, trying to one up each other for shitty jokes, always going on about their characters, etc.

If I were to listen to an actual play podcast I'd want something more serious and chill instead of a bunch of tryhards trying to show off.
>>
Roll For Initiative, the 1e podcast
>>
>>48039485
A couple of youtubers are playing a game of Shadowrun that I've been enjoying. They play on twitch tv but the GM puts it all up on his youtube channel. His channel name is enterelysium. Just search that and you will be able to find it. It is called roll4it.
>>
Dungeons and randomness isn't terrible
Even though they're all pretty shitty mary sue's
>>
Godsfall is my personal favorite. It's mostly play, but the DM has several worldbuilding episodes
>>
Though it's not game related, I do like 'Hello from the Magic Tavern'

It's basically a talk show with the denizens of a fantasy world, the show's premise being that the guy making the podcast fell through a portal behind a Burger King and ended up in the mystical land of Foon.

It seems to be partly scripted/partly improv'd, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. A lot of the characters they have on are pretty funny. Flower is shit, in my honest opinion.
>>
>>48042301

>Alice Isn't Dead

Or, you know, something that was written.

By a writer.
>>
>>48048757
I definitely get what you mean.
The podcast I recommended, >>48045979, is a recording of them discussing games after they've played them so it's not an 'actual play'.
>>
>>48044271

Someone on /tg/ suggested System Mastery to me a while ago and it's been pretty good. They review old rpgs, usually of the shitty variety.

Fear the Boot is pretty solid as well. They're more topic based and talk about stuff like party dynamics or whether prison escapes are worth putting in your games.
>>
Can anyone recommend an actual play podcast of rouge trader, the main criteria being good audio quality/editing? I've heard so many podcasts with godawful audio that you can't hear half the time.
>>
File: Most Common Correction On tg.png (12 KB, 479x496) Image search: [Google]
Most Common Correction On tg.png
12 KB, 479x496
>>48054283
>asks for podcast about fairly niche game

>expects the quality to be anything but the mics built into the laptop

I regret I have but one reaction image to give, so that I cannot mock you properly
>>
Rollplay West Marches is pretty interesting
The roleplaying can be cringy at times but I like the setting and there is some pretty interesting character development.
Its a 5e hex crawl campaign with a rotating cast of twitch streamers.
I would start with ep 3 if you give it a shot.
>>
>>48056852
M8 my expectations are for all the podcasts to have shit audio, that's why i came here to ask if anyone knew a podcast that was the exception rather than the rule.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.