[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rogue Trader Ship Names!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_mwfesvmkhI1srare8o1_400.jpg (152 KB, 368x416) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwfesvmkhI1srare8o1_400.jpg
152 KB, 368x416
Hello /TG/!

We need a name for our space ship in Rogue Trader. Our Rogue Trader is really crap at picking names. He suggested such amazing names such as "Boaty McBoatface" and... Thats it.

Please bless our party of four with a name.

Pic Related (Our Rogue Trader)
>>
What kind of character is he?

Is he a murderhobo?

Does he have a code of honor?
Blasphemous Watcher is just some random edge name I made.
>>
Twice for Flinching is always good
>>
The Emperor's Wallet
>>
>>48037435
Noble that sits back and lets everyone do everything.
>>
>>48037331
The Grace of The Most Divine Emperor on Earth Cast Forth Into The Void To Spread His Will And Bring About The Everlasting Glory of Mankind.

Called "The Grace" for short.
>>
>>48037515
The three characters currently made by me and the Trader is a shapeshifter who took the place of an assassin trainee and 'somehow' managed to survive through all the training and his currently goal 'somehow' managed to still hate the imperium despite all the brainwashing. That's the first.

Our next is a Felinid (Cat person) who dances, plays and instrument while singing a story.

The noble is described as someone who throws money at everything. I highly doubt we will be ever having anything to do with spreading the emperor's word.

I'm about to make a Lizardman from the Tau to also just be there.
>>
>>48037579
Apologies for bad grammer, I'm typing this with a keyboard illuminated by a dozen monitors while also suffering from sleep deprivation.

We probably got a thousand rules wrong while also managing to tear some lore apart.
>>
>>48037579
The Black Adder then.
>>
File: Slaughter Cruiser.jpg (118 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
Slaughter Cruiser.jpg
118 KB, 1032x774
>>48037331
Here's some of the names I remember off the top of my head that our group went through when picking ship names.

>Fleet vessels: [Rogue Trader]'s Pride (Corvette/Frigate) and [Rogue Trader]'s Talent (Grand Cruiser or higher)
>Blind Spot
>Magnum Mysterium
>Reluctant Respite
>My Girl
>Hope and Prayer (Works best of ship is a colossal hunk of junk)
>Aluminum Falcon
>Cloud 9K
>Rex Regnum
>Imperator Vult
>Rolling Probable Cause
>A Friendly Vessel
>Unknown Quantity
>S.S. Good Times
>Malignant Flame
>Perdition
>Princess Argent
>Auric Fate
>Conjugal Corvette
>Staryu
>Starmine
>Breadth of Heaven
>Arrogance
>Big Dick ("Big Dick's back in port!")
>Slow, Loud, and Brutal
>Godspoke Word
>Humility (Only works on ornate, massive ships)
>Renegotiator
>The Counter-Offer
>I Plead the 5th
>Lonely Wander
>Ward of the Sector
>Gambling Debt

On a slightly unrelated note, goddamn do I wish we could play Slaughter cruisers as non-Chaos followers. GM threw a Daemonic one at us a few sessions ago, and it STILL is our nemesis (as in we can't properly kill it).
>>
>>48037331
What kind of ship is it? Is it a grand old cruiser? Is it a fast and stealthy raider? A tried and true frigate?

I usually try to have ship names at least in part reflect the character of the ship: A galleon should have some long fancy name, while a pirate raider could be something simple like "Surprise" or "Swiftsure" or something like that.
>>
>>48037331
The Spacy Dandy
>>
>>48038048
I really Really Should have mentioned it.

It's a cruiser! A rather big one... We haven't quite got it fully build but we love it none the less.
>>
>>48038033
If we were inquisition, we would totally go with probable cause.

Currently, Our trader prefers A Friendly Vessel.
>>
>>48037331
George Bass (famous lost explorer)
Ship and launch theme: Drop the Bass (Pre-Dark Age of Technology music)
remembered for discovering the strait between Australia and Tasmania, but he is even more famous for vanishing during an 1803 voyage to South America.
http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/6-explorers-who-disappeared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxqDNr1V4ek
On Melbourne Beats channel on Ye Olde Yetube.
>>
>>48038106
I like it. But we don't serve slannesh. Because our rogue trader has a 'hatred' towards all chaos worshipers, none of us can have anything to do with chaos. But he's also a xenophile so that takes away and sort of imperial worship factors...
>>
>>48038149
Any*
>>
>>48038106
Hoping to strike it rich as a private trader, Bass returned to Australia in the early 1800s on a merchant ship called the Venus. When his cargo failed to fetch a respectable price,
Bass hatched an audacious plan to travel to South America—then a Spanish territory—on a -rogue_trading_mission_.
He set sail in February 1803 but soon disappeared with his crew in the Pacific Ocean, never to be seen again. While the Venus was most likely lost at sea, another theory argues that Bass and his men made it to the coast of Chile, only to be arrested as smugglers and forced to spend the rest of their lives toiling in a Spanish silver mine.
>>
>>48038180
George Bass took the ship Venus on a rogue trading mission. And disappeared; so it's suitable for a low ranked rogue trader.
>>
>>48038209
K.

Seem's pretty good but he still prefer's 'A Friendly Vessel'.
>>
>>48038209
Have the High Gothic rename Aphrodite taken by a higher status rogue trader and the historically lost ship Low Gothic ship Venus left to you. Give it the launch year as a suffix if you want more volume.
Venus-[Year]-[month#]-[day#]-[launch#]
Venus-[Year].[month].[day].[launch#]
>>
>>48038266
>A Friendly Vessel
Amicitia ("friendship" in latin (aka High Gothic))
>>
>>48037331
Our Inquisitior's ship is named Freundschaftsbezeigungen, or "Demonstration of Friendship"
>>
>>48038283
I didn't understand a single thing you said. Ok... I understood a little...
>>
>>48038316
https://translate.google.ca/#auto/la/A%20Friendly%20Vessel%0AFriendly%0Afriend%0Afriendship%0AShip
Google translate can convert to latin.
>>
>>48038316
Alright. We need that and the latin word for vessel.
>>
>>48038342
Why, it's already a friend-ship?
>>
>>48038342
amicus (friend)
amicitia (friendship)
naviculam (boat)
arcam (large boat, ark)

Amacitia Arcam sounds good.
>>
>>48038506
With Amicitia Naviculam for your small boat or shuttle.
>>
>>48038532
Amacitia Arcam (Friendship Ark)
Launch chant appropriate for launching an ark:
Dies Irae (Day of Wrath)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
The first Ark was built for the faithful to survive the wrath of God.
>>
>>48038633
Oh, and the female voices are from the Sisters of Battle that just cleansed the prior crew for heresy. Good luck. And no heresy.
>>
>>48038667
The Tarellian Dog Soldier is made.
>>
File: HMS_Warspite_03.jpg (303 KB, 1740x1200) Image search: [Google]
HMS_Warspite_03.jpg
303 KB, 1740x1200
Can't ever ask /tg/ for ship names, because they all turn in 14 year olds. It seems like some kinda meme to always respond with joke names.

If you want Imperial sounding names, a good place to start is the list of ships of the Royal Navy. Search wikipedia, you'll find it
>>
>>48037331

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_phrases

Pick one that sounds suitably badass. Some I think work:

"ad abundantiam" -> to abundance

"aut viam inveniam aut faciam" -> I will find a way or make one"

"Dies irae" -> Day of Wrath (w/ bonus theme music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MQf-86ikvM and even more lines that will work as badass ship names https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_Irae Coget omnes ante thronum -> will summon all before the Throne)

oderint dum metuant -> let them hate so long as they fear

sequere pecuniam -> follow the money
>>
The famed Rogue Trader H. M. R. Brazenheart sold his surviving merchant fleet cheap after three of them were destroyed by Astartes vessels...

Horace's Return
The Eye of Horace
>>
>>48039018
>Dies irae
Is the name of an infamous traitor Imperator titan of the Legio Mortis, so maybe not

>aut viam inveniam aut faciam
The motto of the loyal titan legion the Legio Ignatum.
But it is a very badass quote
>>
>>48039763
Fun with Latin:

>Locus Delicti

The place of a crime/ a crime scene

>Malum In Se

Wrong in and of itself. Just not right.
>>
>>48039827
>Fiat Justitia Ruat Caelum

Justice be done, though the heavens fall.
>>
>>48038798
name of the year, every year.
>>
File: shiptransit.jpg (263 KB, 1277x897) Image search: [Google]
shiptransit.jpg
263 KB, 1277x897
>>48037331
Irascible (quick to anger)
Aim To Please
Colour of Space
Drusus' Fist

Also, your rogue trader who hates the Imperium, Chaos AND Xenos sounds like he's being a massive drag.
>>
>>48037579
>special snowflake, probably a Mary Sue
>magical realm
>bland character
>another special snowflake
That sounds fucking horrible
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.