[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: New Flake Sheet Part 1.jpg (6 MB, 1801x5825) Image search: [Google]
New Flake Sheet Part 1.jpg
6 MB, 1801x5825
Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously:
Stuff happened. I'm too tired to type a full summary. You should read it.

Previous thread: >>48012306

Writefagging last time:
Serena Purges: >>48018318
Revas and Serena do a thing: >>48030956

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come. Unless that's too gay. I update the repo on a bi-threadly basis anyway.
>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
>>
File: New Flake Sheet Part 2.png (3 MB, 1801x1665) Image search: [Google]
New Flake Sheet Part 2.png
3 MB, 1801x1665
>>48035318
>>
File: snowstorm.jpg (4 MB, 1803x6030) Image search: [Google]
snowstorm.jpg
4 MB, 1803x6030
>>48035356
>>
>>48035373
I know the feeling.

I bet one day, a year or two from now, I'll look back at the repository and finally finish reading all of the stories I've missed.
>>
>>48035318
When is David Miller going to make it into the OP Snowflake collage?
>>
>>48035455
Whenever the guy who makes it can be bothered to update. It was almost a month between the last two updates.
>>
>>48035759
I'm kind of surprised this thread is still going on. Last snow storm eventually fizzled out, so it could be rebuilt anew without any previous baggage.
>>
>>48035943
This one has been kept on life support for a few weeks now, with one person devoted to keeping it going despite the fact that creativity is drying up and the threads are being plagued by a rather determined troll.
>>
>>48035943
This one might, but I think it's in a writefagging phase that has some steam left in it.
>>
>>48036020
As someone who wasn't around for the last one, can anyone give me a cliff's notes of what happened? Unless you think talking about it will just make things worse, of course.
>>
>>48036020
I'll be honest, Arakis is nothing compared to our troll.

It was one person making one flake that he refused to change for stupid reasons, despite the fact most other people disliked it.
In this snowstorm, we've got someone who basically churns out horrible snowflakes that he knows we will react poorly to one after another, while purposefully acting in a fashion that he is aware puts off plenty of people in this thread.
>>
>>48036414
Report and hide, anon
Report and hide
>>
>>48036382
That is indeed a different person - the one with that name from the IRC hasn't been in these threads at all since the reboot.
>>
>>48036382
>>48036489
I've accidentally stolen someone's identity? This is very distressing news. Maybe I should change it to "New Smut Anon" to avoid confusion. Or maybe "Reprehensible Filth Anon". Or "We Really Don't Need This Sort of Content, Thank You Anon".

That thing looks like a Digimon. Was that really someone's flake?
>>
>>48036612
Yes, in fact that was a common insult used for the guy's flake. The sensible people decided to not argue with him because he refused to change the character to fit MtG's theme and instead kept it so that it suited his 'style' more, whatever that was.

But like, nine out of ten of the flakes on the second sheet are as bad as Arakis if not worse.
>>
>>48036612
>That thing looks like a Digimon.
That's what everyone else said too, actually! And yes, that's the art he had drawn specifically for the bioartificer Arakis (it's the first RUG flake in the old sheet >>48035385
here)
So much was said about this one flake. So much. Goddamn.
I KNOW YOU ARE HERE, ARAKIS ANON.
I KNOW YOU HAVE GOTTEN BETTER, DESPITE THE FACT THAT I'M PRETTY SURE I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
WE ARGUED SO MUCH OVER THAT DAMN DIGIMON LIZARD HOLY SHIT, BUT YOU WERE NEVER AS BAD AS VRONAK IS.

still not green in the least though
>>
>>48036679
>>48036734
Wow. Well, now I know. Thank you for the quick little history lesson!

I decided that last name was too long and would get obnoxious.
>>
>>48036847

"We pray to Avacyn on high.
On snow-white wings fearless you fly.
Keep safe our souls. Keep safe our lives.
May angels watch us from the skies."
—Children's prayer
>>
>>48036612
The theme of the flake was that it was a viashino that gained intelligence and has the specific motivation of hating the idea of death. In fact, he hated death so much he wanted to destroy the concept of death, not just for himself but for all creatures.

He proceeded to argue his character was still green because he mainly used growth and strength-bolstering magic as his magic of choice.
>>
File: smol birb.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
smol birb.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Reposting new Acervus FOR GREAT JUSTICE
>>
>>48036937
>With black's fierce individualism they hope to overpower the Eldrazi hive mind.

Reminds me of the flavor text on the most recent reprint of Grasp of Darkness. I like that it also just so happens that Grasp of Darkness kills Thought-Knot Seer and that newly spoiled Town'rakul meld card. Obviously it kills a lot of other things, too, but it was just something I noticed.

My favorite thing about Magic is lore and flavor interacting with the game mechanics themselves.
>>
File: daily reminder.png (684 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
daily reminder.png
684 KB, 2000x1000
>>48035373
>>
>>48037092
Daily reminder that Nahirifags are literally mentally retarded and actually believe it's perfectly justified to decimate an entire dimension because the big bad vampire hurt your poor wittle feewings.
>>
>>48036922
actually, his old version's "dying" act was to avert this, seeing the error of his ways but being unable to stop his own experiment. The new version does not have the same philosophy. At all, in fact.

>>48036734
he's fairly different now, but the trouble trying to post any material about it would cause isn't desirable to any party here in contrast to the enjoyment of the current flakes already here, so I'll refrain from doing so.

>>48036612
I like digimon, so that's fine, magic's visual style can fight me.
>>
>>48037128
Well, Emrakul's gonna devastate some plane or another. Might as well be this backwater shithole that needs an asshole's convoluted life support system just to not kill itself instead of a plane that's actually important
>>
>>48035318
I have never seen this before and it looks very interesting. I've looked through the repository but I don't necessarily see any instructions. How does one go about joining in, if indeed that is still a possibility?
>>
File: Jayala.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Jayala.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Reposting Jayala, the artificer we may or may not have needed or deserved.
>>
>>48037438
>>48037501
>inb4 she gets in a fight with Cala, who happens in and breaks some of her stuff
>>
>>48037438
I like it!

Also, is anyone else excited about going to Kaladesh? As a Standard player (also known as gutter trash), I'm excited to have an artifact block in the same rotation as BFZ. Can my dreams of an all-colorless deck in Standard come true? Walker of the Wastes, has your time come?
>>
>>48037438
UR, maybe, but seems to be more U than R.
>>
>>48037859
Tried to balance that out a little bit with her whole spark ignition story- at the end of the day, she always wants a little more than she has. Not Black, because she's not selfish about it and she's willing to work normally to get there, but she is driven by those desires.

At least, that's how I justify it. She may very well tend a little closer to Blue overall, which is a good thing given all the time she's spending on Fiora...

>>48037563
I need to read up on everyone else's flakes way more now that I've made a passable one, aaaaaa-
>>
>>48037563
>Inventor
VS
>Knowledge-thirsty, but prone to fits of chaos

Oooooooh boy... That's a UR face-off if I ever saw one.
>>
File: Venn Character Sheet.png (968 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Venn Character Sheet.png
968 KB, 1562x1186
FINALLY GOT VENN'S SHEET DONE.
>>
>>48038544
OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
>>
>>48038544
Oh, thank goodness. Someone that bothered to put that they have traveled to the plane that they draw some of their go-to spells from.
>>
>>48038544
>Lightning Bolt
>Lightning Helix
>Path to Exile

I see your flake is a Modern player!
>>
>>48038615
To be fair I play Modern myself, and I started playing magic during Darksteel. So I have none of the better burn spells from pre-8th
>>
>>48038591
Wait, people don't do that? How the fuck does that make sense?
>>
>>48038679
I think the way it happens is that people think up a backstory for their flake, then they decide on the deck archetype their flake might play and start looking for cards. But at that point, they're thinking less about the backstory and more about the archetype. The game and the lore don't always connect in people's minds and I think they just don't notice. It's a pretty understandable mistake, depending on the flake.
>>
>>48038679
Hey Venn! We should start planning shit, Serena should be crossing his path soon, I want Ravnica adventures.
>>
>>48038820
Sorry it's taken so long to get that story done - I ended up making a whole new flake in the process, and putting in a lot of completely un-smutty bits. But I think it will turn out really well!
>>
>>48035208
Yes. Yes it does.

>>48035304
> how dare someone use an idea that WotC came up with to model their flake after
> time travel is not canon
> which is why it's happened three separate occasions in canon lore
> can't be replicated
> Urza makes time bubbles
> The events of Retether depict literally an infinite amount of time streams that are manipulated
> Karn (through Urza's incomplete work on a time machine) learned how to travel days and centuries back into time
> Teferi learned how to pluck himself and even an island and a half out of the time streams and have them all reappear at a later date, while time passed for us, none had passed for them
> Sarkhan travelled over a thousand years back in time using Ugin's Nexus
> Tezzeret spoke of time mages known as Clockworkers that teleport through time, both forward and backward
> Clockworkers even manipulate time for individual people while not affecting anything else
> Clockworkers can use time as a bride to parallel universes
> Clockworkers literally manipulated time to make every event in their lives happen how they liked it to happen
> and last but not least, Literally Temporal Magic is a thing

>>48035375
Yes it is, look above.

>>48035408
Yes, because Oby and Garruk didn't get stronger from being cursed. Also, the degree of which Graveborn is stronger is debateable. He just ports his ship through the Blind Eternities. His main crew are already Planeswalkers. And the rest of his crew are zombies he summons once in a plane.
>>
>>48035375
Time Manipulation is all over MtG. Both in lore and in Card form. Saying "it only happened three times" repeatedly doesn't make it true.

Vronak was originally mono Black. The original Flake-anon said that to have access to other colors, his identity is domain just like a commander deck. I just went along with it because he made some sense.

I never said it was physical cards. I never said it was anything more than an idea created by R&D. Why are you bitching so much about it?

Graveborn travels with his pirate crew through the Blind Eternities, but is only physically moving his ship. The other crew members that traverse with him are Planeswalkers themselves. He doesn't actually make anyone planeswalk. You're really getting bent out of shape over something you don't even know what you are talking about. How about you take a chillpill and stop going full retard rage over here.
>>
>>48037649
A mono-nothing deck is 100% viable. Especially with Kaladesh coming. If you want to go that route, I say do it.
>>
File: MtG_Snowflake_Base.png (149 KB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Snowflake_Base.png
149 KB, 1562x1186
>>48037428
All you do is you fill in one of these sheets. Come up with a character that you think would be a cool planeswalker and start writing and pasting.
>>
File: image.png (428 KB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
428 KB, 2114x1600
>>48039689
Small sheet. Use big sheet.
>>
>>48039351
That was before the original flake-anon got sick of you and regretted ever defending anything you ever made.
>>48039693
With those horrible artifacts? Ew. Bigger is not better.
>>
>>48039705
Pffsh. Original flake-anon had no problem with me.

What, you carry more than three artifacts with you?
>>
All this talk of time travel makes me wonder how the two Serena's would interact, to be honest it would probably end up with W Serena hugging the sad out of R/W Serena.
>>
File: Samnel.png (2 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
Samnel.png
2 MB, 2114x1600
All right, everyone, sorry for the great delay. I've got a new flake, and a new story that starts out not particularly lewd or silly but gets lewder and sillier as it goes on. With Serena in it.

http://pastebin.com/UL37mEai (NSFW!)

It also ended up being a lot longer than I thought it would be, but I think that's ultimately a good thing. And for those of who you aren't fans of this reprehensible filth, I sincerely apologize. It's what I do.
>>
>>48039861
https://youtu.be/7wfYIMyS_dI
>>
The sleeper has awakened...

Now, wtf is up with all these deleted comments?
>>
>>48040024
Idk, could I trouble you to change the snowsheet to contain the updated Serena instead?

>>48039900
OH BOY! Time to read.
>>
My body has hit full circle, i'm up early now.
>>
>>48040037
Probably. I'm not snowanon, but I'm sure I could do it. But it's 7:00 am atm, and I'll be at work soon. So I probably won't get to it for about 10 hours.
>>
>>48040037
>>48040067
Serena's maker can be patient and wait for a normal update like everyone else. But sure, I'll do it.
>>
>>48040087
I'm easily the most patient person you will ever interact with.
>>
>>48040109
Fair warning though, if I forget I might add on the second Serena as a separate flake rather than replace the old one with it.
>>
>>48040117
That's cool.
>>
>>48040109
>>48039861
We probably could end up with some time shenanigans and have Lord Æon bring mono-white Serena with him and end up having an encounter with the WR Serena. Then you can have both Serenas on the flake sheet.
>>
>>48040153
Please don't.
>>
File: Serena Goldnights Mercy.jpg (43 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Serena Goldnights Mercy.jpg
43 KB, 375x523
>>48039900
That was fucking ace, I smiled the whole way through, I love some humour in my smut. Also the spark ignition through orgasm was great. A solid 8/10.

Strangely enough I was thinking while looking at the original Serena card that she's basically a Helvault in game terms, maybe that's where she puts them.

>O Avacyn what will we do without the Helvault to imprison the demons?
Serena, I think I have an idea...
>Oh? What is i- Avacyn no!
AVACYN YES!

Or something, Idk.
>>
>>48040349
> exile target Demon
> Serena's Boobs gets +X/+X where X is that creature's power.
>>
File: mew.jpg (12 KB, 221x163) Image search: [Google]
mew.jpg
12 KB, 221x163
>>
>>48040630
>Hey friend have this Demonic Pact, it's only slightly used. No really... I insist.
>>
If we don't get a sword duel showdown between Sorin and Nahiri to Duel of the Fates by the end of this block I will fucking riot.
>>
>>48041438
Sorin is so unbelievably better at fighting that Nahiri is, I cannot see any physical battle between them that would not be massively one sided. Killing fuckers is what he does best, she just makes things.
>>
>>48041502
Nahiri makes weapons though. She makes Sword of Light and Shadow and she wins. Not that she would forge that sword, but you get the idea. She doesn't need skill if she has raw advantage.
>>
I'd argue that she would indeed have to learn how to make the things she forged, considering she WAS an old walker before SOMEBODY fucked up Sparks.

So she has to have the Experience, maybe not more than Sorin does as Vampire but, still it has never properly explained if she is indeed a master Swordman alongside Blacksmith...if fantasy tropes are true, then she is indeed.
>>
>>48041585
Hey you have to have some level of skill with a blade to know how to make it. How it needs to be shaped, how to balance it, ect. They may not be master swordsmen, but smiths almost certainly had some skill with weaponry.
>>
>>48041627
I won't argue that, I just mean...if you give a Soldier the blade they know how to swing it and wield it in a martial way that your average smith wouldn't be able to figure out...

Of course, we're dealing with Fantasy Smiths and in popular Fantasy and Fiction being a Master Smith = being a Master Swordsman or whatever.
>>
>>48041705
Someone hasn't watched SAO.
>>
>>48041925
Yeah, people with taste.
>>
>>48042060
*AIRHORNS*
>>
>>48042060
Oh, you would like it, Serena.
>>
>>48042067
Hit the brakes?
>>
>>48042060
Sick burn is as sick as going perfect woth a legacy burn monored.
>>
>>48037438
I want to see her stumble to a myr reservoir built by the Messenger. Then things advance on the natural course.
>>
File: 0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRF9mcjlfNFdjUW8.jpg (200 KB, 1200x698) Image search: [Google]
0Bwl7IuoVRkFxRF9mcjlfNFdjUW8.jpg
200 KB, 1200x698
So...uhhhh....

I wrote a poem for Gaia. It's a hymn human children used to sing to the "Earth Mother" back on her plane. Y'know, before everything died.

Please be gentle. This is the second poem I've written in as many years. I don't do this for a living.

Fated mother from on High
On midnight dreams do you fly.
O'er high hill, passed wooden glade
To all your children, blessed made.
When babes do keen and soldiers fell,
Your hand to comfort yon deathly knell.
In times of peace, twixt war-torn days
All things rejoice in high-noon rays.

O' blessed Mother, we sing to thee,
Our voice to yield prosperity.

An' when last we pass that lifely test,
Your light we follow to final rest.
>>
File: ELDRAZI GET OUT REEEEEEE.jpg (296 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
ELDRAZI GET OUT REEEEEEE.jpg
296 KB, 1536x2048
Here's the latest picture of R/W Serena alongside Murdock, burning shit. It's the scene from near the end of my latest writefagging, when the humans arrive at the scene.

I hope that village had insurance...
>>
>>48042306
>Filename
And there go my sides
>>
>>48042306
Looks like a comic book cover with the pinched waist.
>>
>>48042306
I know it is actually among the best portable device cameras out there but damn doesn't my tablet's camera suck. I need a bigger scan.
>>
>>48042364
It does, I really like the design, like I could genuinely see this as the front cover to a comic about Murdock and Serena fighting Eldrazi and shit.

I'm super happy with it.
>>
>>48042401
Serena is all like PURGE
Murdock is wondering why she's here.
>>
>>48042479
Murdock just knows that she needs to be friends with the angry angel so that she doesn't get purged to.
>>
>>48042479
And she still has no idea really.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mmpytsN0o91qz4rgp.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mmpytsN0o91qz4rgp.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>>48042296
>yfw everyone who ever sang that is mega-dead
>>
File: SOI.jpg (158 KB, 758x1037) Image search: [Google]
SOI.jpg
158 KB, 758x1037
>>48042576
>>
If anyone here has seen DHMIS, which flakes would you have as the main characters? I need this for... reasons.
>>
>>48042499
>Serena eventually goes full inquisition, the whole "if you're not with me, you're against me. " shtick.
>she eventually gets black and wherever she looks there are new enemies.
>thus is the sad tale of Serena the angel.
>>
>>48042649
What does that mean?
>>
>>48042649
>DHMIS
What?
>>
>>48042649
>DHMIS
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared?

>>48042673
Feelsbadman
>>
>>48042697
>>48042716
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared
>>
>>48038544
WHY IS HIS SHEET YELLING?
>>
>>48042673
You're late man, I've been pushing in that direction for about a week and still nothing.
>>
>>48040349
Thank you! I'm very glad that you enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun to write.

Now I just have to decide what to do next.
>>
>>48039292
>using clockworking as proof of anything
>>
>>48042966
BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON THE CAPITAL LETTERS WOULD NOT SHOW UP OR THE LOWER CASE WOULD SHRINK WITH BELEREN FONT. ALSO VENN HIMSELF IS VERY LOUD.
>>
File: doggo.jpg (27 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
27 KB, 265x370
I don't want to alarm you guys
but
it seems Wizards has been stealing from the worst ideas of the last snowstorm and decided to make a digimon themselves
>>
>>48043194
Is this real life?
>>
>>48043233
sometimes dreams become a reality
even the bad ones
>>
>>48043194
WOOF WOOF BEEP BEEP
>>
>>48043141
>beleren font fucks up everything
I am not surprised.
>>48043194
Yyyyys. Now please hand over Ludevic's card and no one will be hurt.
>>
>>48043025
I like how you dodged around the lewdness in his flakesheet. That was one of the best things I've read in a while I'm serious, sexual predator Serena is hilarious.
>>
>>48043365
I get the feeling that Ludevic is either dead or Lud'rakul at this point, unfortunately
>>
>>48043521
Dead I suppose, which is a shame but also avoids him being possibly ruined by a bad card or 'mrakuled. So it is a mixed bag really.
>>
>>48039292
Necroposting is poor form. Especially when the intent is to continue an argument.
>>
>>48043004
What do you mean by still nothing?
>>
>>48043619
Don't bother, they have descended into that madness of tripfagging.
They are Vro'mrakul
>>
>>48043723
I think you mean: Vro'nakul
>>
>>48043619
Silly anon, he's not necroposting, he's Reaniposting. It's a superior form of posting from the ground, that doesn't require dead posts. You'd know that if you read the books.
>>
Can we mot shit up the thread with Vronak arguments? Please?
>>
>>48043738
I love you Serena.

This is my new thing. "Vro'nakul". Genius.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 700x379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 700x379
>>48043194
Robodoge.
>>
>>48043194
Watch him use this as an excuse to justify his art.
>>
>>48043976
http://www.strawpoll.me/10630537
>>48044034
Stop it you creep
>>
>>48044095
That's adorable. You know, for "not liking me", you really do devote a lot of your time and attention to me.
>>
Who are your top 5 favorite flakes not your own?
>>
>>48044208
in no particular order:
>spider-mom
>DIOMEDES
>Messenger
>Serena
>Del
>>
>>48044208
Unit IV, Unknown, Razorcock, The Bookworm, Rinara
>>
>>48044279
>Some men just want to watch the world burn
Muh niggah
>>
File: 1467307690794.jpg (373 KB, 1200x905) Image search: [Google]
1467307690794.jpg
373 KB, 1200x905
Mao.
>>
>>48044208
Couldn't do 5. Had to do 6.

In no particular order:
>Selenra
>Belloski
>Zix
>Torbern
>Nishal
>Narimi
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 1200x690) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 1200x690
Oh shit, guys...
>>
>>48044442
That's fanart you dolt
>>
>>48044442
FUCK. YES.

Best fanart.
>>
>>48044208
>Albin
>Hakam
>Izari
>Narimi
>Selenra
>>
>>48044452
It's Ashley Dotson.
>>
>>48044208
>Murdock
>Spider Mom
>Revas
>Ka
>DIOMEDES
>Messenger
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 2114x1600
Here's my Chiyo-flake.
>>
>>48044645
State what makes her green in any capacity.
>>
>>48044208
In no particular order:
>Murdock
>Serena
>Belloski
>Del
>Gaia
>>
>>48044542
ouch.
>>
>>48044728
don't feel bad, only one person liked my flake
and there doesn't seem to be too many repeat offenders, so that suggests we got a fair diversity of favored flakes. Give it time, someone will love you.
>>
>>48044645
>Planeswalker didn't walk on ignition because "muh duty."
Well. Have fun having a planeswalker that is no more powerful than any other talented mage on the plane.

Can't draw mana from other planes.
Can't know and therefore summon creatures from other planes.
Not even aware of the multiverse.

If you're going to write someone so determined to be in one place, you may as well have written a non-walker, because they don't really gain the benefits of an ignited spark.
>>
>>48044728
Did I forget Nishal? Fuck, I forgot Belloski too, 5 is too few to pick, I like many flakes.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 312x445
>>48044687
Mostly Instinct. She fights will little thought and uses muscle memory tied with her senses as her primary style of fighting. She also believes in inner strength becoming outer strength. Using her own skills to make her smaller frame compete with larger opponents. A deep spirituality that comes from a natural unity of mind, body, and soul. She relies on basic needs above all else, having a desire and going for that desire with little thought to consequence. She also believes in natural selection. Victor to the fittest.

Also, she isn't the first samurai to be green.
>>
>>48044813
Yeah, because Teferi is no better than any normal blue mage. Why do you try and spark arguments so much even when you know you're just pulling shit out of your ass? Planeswalking isn't the only benefit from spark ignition. It's also a boost in their capabilities. They aren't "just better than average mages". They are significantly more powerful than imaginable. Even with it being post-mending. That's why the Theros Gods are scared of Planeswalkers. Literally GODS are scared of neowalkers.
>>
>>48044853
He's green because he's enlightened and because of his beliefs and actions. Green samurai are certainly possible but yours doesn't seem green. What you've stated could just as easily fall under the impulsiveness and 'gut feeling' of red rather than instinct. She certainly doesn't seem spiritual based on that profile either. She just seems like a drunk ronin. I don't see why she would be white either.

I'd be much more accepting of the character as a mono-red ronin. You've failed to convince me as a reader of your character's green or white traits.
>>
>>48044924
Yo, this is post-revision of the Spark. Don't drag Teferi into this.
>>
File: image.png (77 KB, 1862x774) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77 KB, 1862x774
>>48044960
Then you really don't understand what the aspects of colors are. Here, get familiar with this chart.

And what are your supports for him being green? Where is his beliefs and actions? Enlightenment can be mono white or blue as well. It's just how you view it. Literally the only green aspect of the card is regenerate. And that's not even restricted to green anymore. And literally none of what I just described could be mono-red. Impulsive and instinctive are not the same. Impulsive is blind carelessness. Instinct is relying on your own measures and conditioning to lead you. And what part of a trained samurai leads you to believe that she couldn't be spiritual?And do you not know what the Drunken Master is? That way is hardcore green. And she's white because of her upbringing. Raised as a samurai, a soldier in the service to her Lord. Upholding honor in combat above victory. That is the entire basis for white's idealism. And on top of that, she is merciful. She loves to fight, but she isn't going to send you home in a box. She just wants a challenge.
>>
>>48044924
>>48044968
Seconded. Don't drag oldwalkers, but especially teferi into this. Go read the books (cit) and find out that Teferi in Planar Chaos in no more powerful than Jodha.
Also theros gods are just powerful beings that have influence on aspects of their plane. They are akin to greek gods, which were all but almighty, and certainly nothing like the cristian definition of God, which seems to be the one you imply to be using when you say "Literal gods" with such emphasis, Vronak.
>>
>>48044645
She hasn't noticed that she's been alive for over a thousand years, and only in the past sixty has started aging?
>>
>>48045151
>And do you not know what the Drunken Master is
As a kung fu practioner with a national title on my shoulders I tell you that if you think the concept behind drunken master is anything green, you know shit about the subject. One of the first legends about it literally talk of a cocky apprentice that had no patience for spirituality and went to drink all nights, and when his master seeked him at the tavern to give him a beating the apprentice kicked his ass instead.
>>
>>48045151
That is in no way shown in her bio. She just sounds like a generic "hotheaded sword girl" based on her sheet alone. Just because she WAS a certain way doesn't mean she IS that way now.
>>
>>48044095
Interesting results so far
>>
>>48045213
Man, Greek/Roman Gods were pretty crazy. Like, fuck Zeus anyway, but it's really humorous that during the Trojan War, Diomedes in a rage was able to swat a couple of gods and get away with it
>>
File: Color Pie.jpg (82 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
Color Pie.jpg
82 KB, 500x498
>>48045151
Charts are helpful, but you'll likely be taken more seriously if you use the actual color pie chart.
>>
File: DioNeverLoses.png (103 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
DioNeverLoses.png
103 KB, 500x445
>>48045311
DIOMEDES has long known no god nor master!
>>
>>48045311
Also Hades was a total bro. Dude didn't get mad at mortals for anything and didn't curse people for retarded reasons. He kidnapped Persephone because he was lonely and the dead are boring to talk to, especially the ones in eternal hero heaven
>>48045343
>inb4 that retarded "alternative color chart"
Actually, fuck it, someone post it.
>>
>>48045311
I won't tell you you are wrong, the concept of godly madness for mortal champions (there is not a suitable word in english and if there is I don't know it) actyually implied that gods were giving the mortal the strenght to kick asses. Now it is worth mentioning that while greek gods were incredibly powerful they were limited as well; at no poin it is possible to compare them to Yawhe, say. This is a trend of many religions that have a pantheon, though there is a concept very importnat to greeks that theros compeltely ignores: greek gods are for all intents and purposes suped-up human beings subjected to the same emotions, faults and petty revenges that mortals do.
I have got a classical instruction in literature and history of arts at my college and university so if we want to talk about this sorry there will be pretty long posts. Though it is a very interesting subject.
>>48045378
>Also Hades was a total bro
He was like the most based greek god, shame he lost like a chump int the race with poseidon and got Hell as his domain.
>>
>>48045213
The point of me bringing Teferi into the discussion is because he did not know that his spark ignited. He never planeswalked when it happened. And Jodha couldn't phase an island and a half out of existence. And as for the Theros Gods, they can manipulate reality. Not just tinker with physics with magic. Literally warp reality around them to their will. How is that not the definition of being a god? And I don't use the term "God" to refer to the Christian God. I mean it in the sense that pantheons were once worshipped and were capable of amazing feats not achievable by humans. Even those thought to be gifted in supernatural ways.

>>48045224
You might want to take a closer look at her profile of you think she'd notice something like that. Also, who says she is in present day? I haven't written for her. She could be dead by the current timeline. But, also... Post-mending Planeswalkers age. So, that should have been the first clue to you checking for why she might be virtually immortal. Or at least obtained eternal youth.
>>
>>48045256
The definition of green.
>>
So I've done three pages on the story so far, and I feel like breaking it down into three parts. I'll post the first part, if your guys are interested.
>>
>>48045408
>theros completely ignores
Save for Heliod being a bitch at the end, maybe. Let's say almost ignores.
>>48045421
They can manipulate reality in their planes. They are stronger than neowalkers, but chumps against oldwalkers.
>>48045435
The definition of RED you idiot.
>>
>>48045151
Let me see if I can see any of these traits in the character.
>Peace
Nope.
>Order
Only in who she used to be.
>Community
Again, in the past.
>Faith
Nope.
>Idealism
Nope.
>Justice
Nope.
>Obedience
Only in the past, definitely not now.
>Restrictions
Nope.
>Military
In the past, ronin now.
>Honor
In the past, none of her current character cares about honor.
>Mercy
Nope.
>Acceptance
Not as far as I can tell, but that's vague.
>Destiny
Can't see her caring about destiny anywhere.
>Instinct
That only becomes remotely clear in your description of her, which I would argue falls under 'action' and 'impulsiveness' more.
>Spirituality
Nope.
>Natural Selection
Nope.
>Wisdom
Nope.
>Growth
Nope.
>Preservation
Not anymore.
>Truth
Nope.
>The Past
She's literally thrown hers away.
>Interdependence
Not anymore.

So yeah, no. She's more black than either white or green, perhaps more black than both of them combined.
>>
>>48045450
the chart was designed with an "strongly agree-agree-neutral-disagree-strongly disagree" system, with points ranging from +2 to -2 respectively. You'd add the points at the end and see what came out.
>>
>>48045435
...actually, that's pretty red.

In that situation green would take the time to learn as much about the spirituality as it could, because spirituality is a big part of martial arts and that's How You Do These Things. If she IS a Drunken Master than she drinks because it makes her feel good, which you actually mention in the post, and it happens to have little/no effect on her fighting. Altering yourself in any way/shape/form that you couldn't do naturally only really falls into UG and not just G, in my opinion.
>>
>>48045408
Nah, that's cool. I'm way into mythology.

It's just amusing to me that there are some cases of mortals matching up to or even sort of beating gods at certain things (depending on the tellings of some stories). Arachne in particular comes to mind.
And the fact that the gods are basically super-people and therefore have the emotional problems that one might expect from that is basically the comedy half of the Trojan War. In a way, that's sort of like how Planeswalkers are: they're relatively pretty powerful, but they (especially oldwalkers) have a totally broken sense of scope and therefore don't respond to some things in a reasonable manner.
>>
>>48045482
Thank you my feline companion.
>>
>>48045437
Uh... Guys? Can I get an answer please?
>>
Guys, we all know that Vronak sucks at color identity. Can we just ignore him and move on?
>>
>>48045476
And almost all of them are neutral or disagree based.
>>
>>48045498
Do it.
>>
File: color quiz Cassiel.png (160 KB, 1862x774) Image search: [Google]
color quiz Cassiel.png
160 KB, 1862x774
>>48045151
Just having one or two points in green by that doesn't make you green, you know. Nor is it a be-all, end-all definition of the color pie - it was made by one of the people in the threads here (and that's actually the version I edited for non-Magic characters...)
What you're supposed to do is score them based on what the character currently believes in/uses/cares about/etc, from -2 to 2 manner and then tally them up - then look at the highest totals to see what colors they are. Not anything that's positive, or anything that got a single positive response.
An example of one filled out - though for a character I play elsewhere, in something unrelated to magic She's a bit of an odd example because of just how fucking blue she is, usually characters don't end up THIS centralized, but note that there's positives elsewhere but she's rather clearly just Blue
>>
File: image.png (168 KB, 875x847) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168 KB, 875x847
>>48045273
Very true, color identities do change over time. She would have been mono-white starting out when she was still a samurai. But, being a rōnin, she is now wgr. And if you can't understand why that is, then that's your problem. It's in the flavor of her past and her cards. That's why they are there. That's why they were chosen. They are flavor to her character. I didn't just pick them because they looked cool and decided those would be her colors. I made her wgr before I started her bios and before I put together her spell list.

>>48045343
That's not the "actual" pie chart. That was assembled by a random person.
>>
>>48045440
Also thassa turned some chick into a siren for sleeping with one of her disciples
>>
>>48045496
>In a way, that's sort of like how Planeswalkers are: they're relatively pretty powerful, but they (especially oldwalkers) have a totally broken sense of scope and therefore don't respond to some things in a reasonable manner.
You nailed the point from the other side. The fact is, greek gods are the first example of the "oldwalker mentality" in ""media"" so to say. A very strong point was in fact that they would be MORE emotional and petty and arrogant than humans because they were so superhuman in literally everything, including the negative sides. You would be hard pressed to find a greek gods that tries to solve shit peacefully either with mortals or gods- think of how they were all picking sides in the trojan war just because of Eris' apple trick. Oldwalkers imho are definitely inspired to an epos that has its roots in greek tales of the gods.
>>
>>48045440
Naturally being stronger? Not relying on teachings? That is literally Nature vs Nurture.
>>
>>48045551
>random person
It's from Wizards of the Coast themselves
>>
>>48045559
Serves her well, the cunt.
>>48045551
An almost identical one was into the deck that were sold around Lorwyn, so no.
>>
Well, here it is. Part one. Short and sweet with a flashback. May add a proper ending to this segment when I get home

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15-x9_VrdaUG7fhPioFL0jHDG_WrCzkR1_2rePZRcKko/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>48045551
>And if you can't understand why that is, then that's your problem.
No. As her creator, it is your responsibility to convey to the reader why and how she is the way she is. You just suck at it.
>>
>>48045593
>muh unarmed monks meme
It was SWORDFIGHTING, like almost all duels in chinese epos, and the disciple was very helped by how alcohol was making him more fluid in his motion which is all the style is about. Don't talk about things you don't know.
>>
>>48045551
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/savor-flavor/magic-style-guide-part-1-2005-09-07

Of course it's assembled by a random person, that's why it was featured on WotC's site.
>>
>>48045595
Stacy didn't go to the prom with you I take it.
>>
>>48045642
There's no prom in italy. None concerning thassa anyway, I wouldn't dance with my feet soaked.
>>
>>48043481
Thank you so much. Maybe I'll write a follow-up at some point, but I should work on something new next. I have a whole backlog of half-complete flakes that I should finish up and start writing about.
>>
>>48045657
I keep forgetting that about you.
>>
>>48045681
My last relationship wasn't called a stacy anyway but I won't hold it to you for not remembering it.
Not to mention the most obvious reason because of which I wouldn't go to a ball with someone called stacy.
>>
>>48045450
White:
> Idealism
She still believes in a lot of her samurai teachings.
> Honor
She still has honor in combat and fights justly.
> Mercy
Just because she picks fights doesn't mean she doesn't forgive or spare lives.
> Acceptence
She accepts who she is, accepts how people are, and accepts how the world is.
> Instinct
Already went over.
> Spirituality
Already went over. And yes, you can be a Rōnin and still be spiritual.
> Natural Selection
Yes. And also already went over.

It seems like you're intentionally just trying to argue to get attention. Saying "nope" to things that were already thoroughly explained. I'm done discussing this with you if you aren't going to listen or have an actual discussion. You're just saying "nope" and "you're wrong" just for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>48045482
You think Garruk is all about that learning to discipline himself?
>>
>>48045717
None of this is mentioned in the flake sheet, and if it is, show it instead of telling it
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 575x302) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 575x302
>>48045594
That wasn't WOTC's color pie. This is.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 630x593) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 630x593
>>48045594
And this is.
>>
>>48045614
It's not my job to talk sense into someone who is purposefully being opposing.
>>
>>48045731
no, Garruk was all about being taught by the creatures of the forest how to live in harmony with everything else. which is pretty disciplined. what it ISN'T is getting cocky about the power that he gained from his understanding of nature and from his inherent nature magic and getting drunk all the time so he can fight people for no reason.
>>
>>48045701
It was mostly a joke based on your comment.
>>
>>48045616
How does any of that contradict what I said? Just because I say someone is stronger, doesn't mean that I was talking about a fist fight.
>>
>>48045808
Yeah I know, I was just being silly for the sake of it really. Trying to lighten up the mood since the thread is again going places. Bad places.
>>
>>48045604
I really hate to be an attention whore but can you guys like, ignore the tripfag and give me some critique?
>>
>>48045772
I can't read shit on that
>>
>>48045631
Literally from the words of WotC.
> Green wants everything to be part of the natural order. Hunt, kill, eat, mate, sleep
And that's most of what she is all about.
>>
>>48045827
On it boss.But only if you tell me what do you think of the last thing Serena paid me for. http://imgur.com/KMrO1S3 i know it is shit, be gentle senpai
>>
>>48045806
Source on "being taught shit by the woodland creatures". Because he's a hunter. All he does is kill and eat.
>>
>>48045806
And actually, Garruk fights people for no reason all the time without thought to consequences or any rational thought. That's why he got cursed in the first place.
>>
>>48045855
Serena's face looks really weird, as does the sword. Other than that? Pretty gud.
>>
>>48045910
sword is melted, eh. Also face is not-anime, not weird. Really I did many other errors though. Uh the story itself was pretty ok though I would point out a couple things. I really ama sucker for longer periods, sometimes I find myself wishing that those dots were ; or , instead jsut to give the narrative a slower, more reflexive pace during non-combat scenes. The fact of having Gisela in the story is a bit ambitious, I'd have gone with a regular angel if I were you but that's your choice to deal with.
>>
>>48045827
It's good! You're very good at conveying how Venn is feeling, which (of course) makes it more engaging.
>>48045855
I like this a lot. The fire looks great (fortunate, since there's so much of it!) and I like the details in the background, with the weird tendrils around the architecture.
>>
>>48046014
It was really an experiment about the fire, I was tempted with going full pictorial... but maybe it was a good idea not to do it, I would have fucked it up way more without ink guidalines.
>>
>>48045875
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/wild-son-2009-12-17
you caught me. all he can do is kill and eat, not work to keep nature safe from civilization.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/hunter-and-veil-2008-08-13
and he got cursed because Liliana killed his creatures, things he had bonded to, and he sought to make her pay for causing that pain. Not necessarily a mono-green thing to do, but it definitely plays into the GRB vibe his character has/had going on.

>>48045604
I like it! I especially like the use of different colours/boldness for different speakers. I love it when authors do that.
>>
>>48046014
Mr Filth anon sir, can I have feedback on my stories too?
>>
>>48045903
Literally cursed because Lili killed one of his beasts on the way to getting the Veil, and then she used it to curse him when he came after her pissed off.
>>
>>48046078
The most recent ones? Certainly. I'll take a look at them again.
>>
>>48044465

Some one likes me. That's a good feeling.
>>
>>48046135
Who are you, anon?
>>
>>48045851
Wait, so she fights for everything to follow the natural order and obey it? She wants to make other people do nothing but hunt, kill, eat, mate and sleep?

Because that's what it says:
>Green wants everything to be part of the natural order.
Hunting, killing, eating, mating and sleeping doesn't make you green. You need to actively pursue promoting that lifestyle above all others and try to make others live like that.
>>
File: Izarcap.jpg (24 KB, 297x301) Image search: [Google]
Izarcap.jpg
24 KB, 297x301
>>48046168
>>
>>48046062
He attacked Liliana without caring why she had killed the beast. He didn't care that it attacked her unprovoked. He didn't care that she was just defending herself. All he cares about was making her pay for doing something he didn't like. That sounds pretty mono-red by these anon's standards. Characters can be very complex. Just because they act a certain way, doesn't mean that they delve into those colors. Just because you feel a retain way, doesn't mean that it now defines you. Living beings are complicated and are prone to feeling a wide range of emotions and acting upon them. It makes them a living, breathing, person. And you don't have to dabble into all aspects of a color to be identified as that color. How is Domri Rade red? How was Ajani ever green? Why is Daretti not white also? Why wasn't Garruk red also when he attacked Liliana? How is Garruk still green when he's going around only caring about killing Planeswalkers and getting revenge? Why does Karn and Ugin have no colors even though they have emotions and aspects of those colors? Why isn't Oby also red? Why isn't Sorin in the current stories also red? Why isn't Tibalt also black?

There is a lot more to color identity then how much of a color you are or aren't. It's how important those aspects of each color are to you.
>>
>>48046294
While you were not compeltely wrong, you didn't exactly ever abide to these guidelines for your flakes. I love ronins, and kamigawa, so there is no prejudice whatsoever for me but frankly I don't see the green in your ronin, that's all. And if no one else does maybe you just should consider that you may be wrong. Coudl you?
>>
>>48045717
>Idealism
Where does it say that in your sheet?
>Honor
>Mercy
>Acceptance
Okay. That's one.
>Instinct
Already went over why that could easily fall under red.
>Spirituality
People have posted several arguments that you refuse to acknowledge. This has been covered. Also, where does it say that in your sheet?
>Natural Selection
>>
Me and Revas need to chill the fuck out, this is getting silly.

Anyway, here's Serena getting hideously mutilated but learning some valuable lessons in the process!
>>
Revas has his fair share of scars, don't worry he can probably heal that one too...once he wakes up from a three day nap that is :V
>>
>>48046333
Trips. And when I explained why she is green, did those aspects not "feel" green enough for you? But, again... It's not how much of a color's aspects you have that define you as that color. It's how important the color's aspects are to you that define you as that color. Just because someone doesn't see her as being green, doesn't mean green aspects aren't important to her and make a large part of her personality. Like I said with Garruk. As the Primal Apex, all he does in hunt and kill Planeswalkers and seek revenge on Liliana. He literally only has one of those aspects of green. Natural Selection. And his most delved into emotion is pure and absolute rage. Yet, he's not red. Why? Because the pecking order is important to him. His anger is not. He just happens to be angry. It doesn't mean it's apart of who he is.
>>
>>48046347
Just because I don't fill my sheet to the brim with the finest text going over every nook and cranny of who she is, doesn't mean anything left out is automatically null and void. You asked why she was green. I gave you an answer. If you don't like the fact that it's not on the sheet, too bad. Also, I garauntee that not all of your flakes are convincing to their color identities in their bios alone. So, stop arguing just to be arguing.
>>
>>48046014
>>48046014
>>48046062

I come home to a mess with ants in the sink, spend the next half hour trying to clean up and getting mad at the rest of the family, and then I come on and see this.

You guys really like my work?
>>
>>48046477
Let me summarize what each paragraph in your bio says:

First paragraph:
>Japanese words, Japanese words everywhere without providing any meaningful information that provides insight into her character.
Second paragraph:
>She became a ronin after re-evaluating her loyalty. She's also a drunken, saucy warrior woman.
Third paragraph:
>She's a drunken, saucy warrior woman.
Fourth paragraph:
>She's a drunken, saucy warrior woman.

You could literally delete half of the bio and convey the same amount of information. The third and fourth bio tell us nothing, they just go into more detail about what we already know about her. It's something that Desdemona did a lot and is a trait that you also share in your writing.
>>
>>48046543
Don't compare me with Des. And I'm not the one who made two rows of paragraphs to tell a briefing. The whole point is not to just tell you a small cliff note of how she is, but to convey a bigger picture of why she is that way and how she acts and thinks. It's a one segment bios. It's not supposed to be a complete history. It's not supposed to be a long winded character synopsis about each and ever behaviorism, belief, attributes and faults.

In short, ain't nobody got time for that.
This isn't a tl;dr sheet.
>>
>>48046294
>Domri Rade is red
That kid joined the Gruul Clans because he wanted to fight the powers that be.

>Ajani is green
A reflection of his interdependence with the other Leonin in Theros, with whom he was already familiar, and also with Elspeth to help her along her way.

>Daretti is not white
His individualistic, against-the-grain style of artifice reflects how red deals with artifacts when it's not just stealing them. He doesn't really demonstrate any of the concepts that are primarily white.

>Garruk is not red
This is not part of Garruk's traditional nature. While it's possible that he could have taken on a red tinge during this outburst, we have no card to represent that snapshot in time. Given that the hunt for LIliana after being cursed is all tracking and hunting to set things right with himself, rather than for vengeance which are skills not strange in the hands of a green character, Garruk Relentless is Green until he can no longer resist the curse's black mana and is flipped over.

>Garruk is still green
His aforementioned concepts of hunting and also of his demonstrations of might are very green. He's just tainted, which adds black to his identity.
>>
>>48046678
>Karn and Ugin are colorless
This is a case in which the characters' natural forms take precedent. Being literally artificial and a spirit, this is the primary reason why they are colorless. Aside from this, the dominant traits of these characters don't necessarily pull them in any one direction on the color pie. Particularly Ugin, who is still not very well known to us.

>Ob-Nixilis is not red
Ob-Nixilis is a demon, which means the core of his identity is black. His ambitions are the strongest part of his character. He's quite manipulative and selfish in ways that suit black. He does not really have any of red's qualities.

>Sorin is not red
Because Sorin doesn't demonstrate the qualities of red. He has done things for selfish reasons, he has done things for the sake of others with his own selfish reasons in the background, he has done things for selfish reasons at the expense of others. That demonstrates his WB identity pretty well. Self and duty, but it all eventually just goes back to him, with disregard for others, black's amorality.

>Tibalt is not black
Tibalt is half-devil now. The only printing of Tibalt is when he was fresh out of his ignition in which his entire self had been changed. You could argue that black is a part of him by looking at cards but he is certainly more demonstrative of the cackling, cruel, dangerous, and chaotic kind of red that is put out by devils.
>>
>>48046543
So drunk she hasn't realized over a thousand years have passed since Konda died and she's just now getting older!
That's REALLY fucking drunk.
>>
>>48046671
Except you fail to convey the fact that according to you, she is...
>Idealistic
>Honorable
>Merciful
>Spiritual
>Darwinistic
Also, the only justification for why she acts the way she does is in this line:
>At the end of the Kami War, Yoshimi reevaluated her loyalties and decided to become a ronin and travel Kamigawa to look for new and exciting distractions, ...
And that doesn't explain why, just that she did it. Everything after that explains what she does and how she behaves, not why she acts that way.

So you failed in your attempt to convey your own character and you use the same arguments as Desdemona did when she was confronted with the same issue.

You used a fourth of the space in your bio to tell us about all of these fancy Japanese words you're using, you used another fourth to actually tell us about your character's history and what sort of person they are, then you used the remaining half to repeat over and over again what sort of person they are, while leaving out any details that might have made her seem white or green. You focused entirely on the red side of your character and you failed to depict other parts of her appropriately.

Again, like Desdemona, you have failed at telling us about your character with your sheet. You have failed as a writer although you have certainly succeeded as a troll. Good job on that.

This is the last post you're getting from me and when I add this character to the snowstorm, she's going down as mono-red due to your failure to convince me she belongs in Naya colors.
>>
>>48046528
Hey I tried giving advice as well you know?

So anyway seeing how my current only flake is good for exactly nothing at all and I don't trust myself with doing any better, does anyone have any suggestions for a new one?
>>
>>48046695
>>48046678
And the reoccuring theme with most of these are that they only has one aspect of a color and not majority of the aspects of a color. Yet have those color's identify them. My point is proven that it's about how important the aspects of them are to you. I'd it was about "if you have any aspects, then you are that color", then every planeswalker would be domain. If it was about "having a majority of aspects to be identified as that color", then most Planeswalkers would either be mono colored or no color at all.

Do you feel that I am wrong about this?
>>
>>48046801
A new what?
>>
>>48046801
>gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?action=random

Post the card you get and make it a core part of your snowflake's character.
>>
>>48046678
Fighting the powers that be does not sound as accepting as the G in his R/G depiction would imply, so it might be more accurate that he is fighting the civilized powers that be which have overtaken the once uncivilized world.
>>48046695
Ugin is not actually a spirit, just called one. He is still flesh and blood, and can be killed through physical violence. Sarkhan was also referred to as a "spirit", and so it being called this might just be a misunderstanding on the part of the trkir locals, or perhaps a characteristic of how their mythology depicts planeswalkers.
Ob Nixilus has a lot of rage going with hi hate, so I can see where red could be present were wizards to try and bring him back as b/r or something, but he is still dominantly black, yeah.

Other than these points, you're alright in your breakdown, if a but narrow focused.
>>
>>48046867
>gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?action=random
You know that this may actually be a cool idea? Thanks.
>>
>>48046841
The argument that you've put forward that it's about intent more than what you actually are.

Let's assume for a moment that mood rings aren't bullshit. Red is for angry, green means you're happy. You can try to be a happy person and say that you're happy, but if you're actually quite angry, have a short temper, and are really not ever happy, the ring is going to come up red and everyone else will be able to see it.

>>48046884
Rebellion against order is a red color concept.
>>
File: scute.png (144 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
scute.png
144 KB, 223x311
>>48046889
>>48046867
Yeah I can work with this.
>>
>>48046078
>>48046378
I remember liking Purifier so much that I basically stole it for the first part of that last story I wrote. And imitation is the greatest form of flattery, as they say.

As for both of the things you and Revas did together, I like them a lot, too. As is inevitable with these kinds of things, I can tell who wrote what, but that's not really a negative, it's just a natural byproduct. It doesn't feel jarring or stutter-y, which means you two work well with each other. I get a very clear feel for the characters; they're meshed in very well with the narration, if you get what I mean. In a case like that, having two writers can actually be a positive, since different narration is applied through two different characters.

I wish my feedback was more specific, but I hope I gave you a general idea of what I think works well.
>>
>>48046920
>>48046889
Honestly, I'd encourage anyone who's lacking creativity to go and just random a card and make a snowflake uses that card as an important building block of their character, or a deck that card belongs to as an important part of their character, etc.

It's a good way to get your imagination pumping.
>>
>>48046909
yes, you didn't say "against order", you said "against the powers that be". Green is a color of acceptance, and would accept the powers that be if they were in fact that. In order for your statement to work for his Red /and/ Green existence, you'll have to twist it to say that he fights against the /new/ powers that be in order to bring back the old powers that be.
>>
>>48046959
>I'd encourage anyone who's lacking creativity
I'd be offended if my namesake flake wasn't such shit. Instead I just thank you for the advice.
>>
>>48046955
I love you, friend. First you grace me with amusing smut and now you tell me you liked something of mine so much you stole it. I can go to bed super happy, I genuinely thought that people didn't read my stuff because no one ever comments on them.
>>
>>48046975
Dude, I mean 'a lack of creativity' as in 'writer's block.' Sorry if that wasn't clear from the way I was writing it but it totally wasn't an insult.

So don't go throwing a pity party, she's my favorite Rakdos flake.
>>
>>48046964
The initial question was about Domri Rade's red color identity.

The obvious way to look at it is "he's Gruul," but that leaves the question unanswered as to why he was attracted to Gruul if he wasn't born into the Gruul Clans and instilled with those values. So it falls back to his attraction to their sense of guts and rebellion. He picked up green while trying to make himself the kind of person that the clans would accept and as a result picked up an affinity for beasts, an aspect of nature that resonate with the Gruul.
>>
>>48047030
>Affinity
>Beasts

Make it happen, wizards!
>>
>>48047054
Man, you know they'll never print affinity again. it's busted.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>48046867

...Interesting.
>>
>>48046543
>>Japanese words everywhere without providing any meaningful information

Hey, I hate to interrupt you, but could anyone in the MtG universe beat Yoshimi Chiyo? And I'm not just talking about normal Yoshimi Chiyo with her hon kozane do and trained in kenjutsu, iaijutsu, nitojutsu, araki-ryu and jujutsu, I'm talking about Taisho Tenrai Kensei ronin Yoshimi Chiyo with Eiganjo relics and Bushido 5, double strike and trample, while drunk and topless and wielding two perfect copies of Tatsumasa, the Dragon's Fang with seven cards in hand and enough mana open for two copies of Inner Calm, Outer Strength and a Blessed Breath.

Well?
>>
>>48047019
I am not throwing a pity party, she is so useless not even the people who offer to write about her actually do. Not being english nor american, I can't into writing (the fact that i can into drawing is all to be seen as well) and it is pretty obvious by my stories as well. I never came around showing her most despicable side, aka why is she black and red, something that brought people to question me on her color identity. Rightly so.
>>48047067
They said the same about donate. AND YET.
>>
>>48046999
People don't always comment on things. When you get radio silence you just have to remain optimistic.
>>
>>48047094
>Tatsumasa
I was just a scrub back then, and I loved that card.
>>
>>48047110
Well you weren't being insulted either way. I personally see why she's black - the red is a tiny bit more nebulous but it's still applicable. Her self-interest is very, very obvious and she's definitely victim to her emotions.

So stop beating yourself up and have some confidence in your writing.
>>
>>48047094
There was so much Japanese in that post I just skipped it.
>>
>>48047094
Yeah.
Just ban vronak and delete his flakes
>>
>>48047136
>People don't always comment on things.
Ain't that the truth. Honestly, we're all lucky if we get even one comment on something we've written, particularly shitty poems.
>>
>>48047094
the only thing going through my mind reading that whole thing was
>Ryū ga waga teki wo kurau!
>>
>>48046698
No. She knows why she isn't aging. And it has nothing to do with being a planeswalker. Planeswalkers age normally.

>>48046793
Like I said, words aren't the only thing that conveys a story. The cards aren't there just for show.

> White
Idealism: Pure Intentions (card) She might be stubborn, arrogant, and aggressive, but she doesn't do any of this with anger or wrath. She doesn't care to hurt people who stand no chance against her. She just wants to have a challenge.

Honorable: Blessed Breath/Eternal Haze/Ghostly Prison/Final Judgement (cards) She believes in fair fights, one on one duels, protecting the weak, and staving off aggressors.

Merciful: The fact that she is a former samurai and currently a rōnin. She still upholds the ideals of her teachings, and does not Perdue a fight if she has already won it. She spares people from her assault the moment they can no longer continue it.

Spiritual: Inner Calm, Outer Strength (card) While she is no longer a samurai, doesn't mean she has abandoned her teachings. Only abandoned her lifestyle as a soldier. She still strongly believes in her discipline of her inner self and maintaining a grasp on who she truly is and never loosing sight of that. To only keep in sight that which is important to her.

Natural Selection: This is pointed out in the fact that she is constantly looking for her equal or even a superior in combat. She believes in establishing the strong from the weak. Keeping that pecking order known. She also believes if someone wants her to stop doing what ever she is wanting to do, that they need the strength to stop her themselves.

1/2
>>
>>48047191
Have you voted in the Vronak Poll?
>>48044095
Everyone should vote in the Vronak Poll.
>>48047236
They didn't back at the time of the Kami War, which is when the bio itself says she became one. They only stopped being immortal postmending. And the Kami War was a fucklong time ago.
>>
>>48047191
That would mean that we're enforcing standards. We're not doing that.

We've got two sheets because we've got too many snowflakes to fit on to one, that's all.
>>
>>48046793
>>48047236
If you read about the Kami War, you would know why she abandoned her duty as a samurai. And you get the basis of her personality. You understand what kind of person she is and how she acts around others. That is the point of the bios. This is a place where people writefag using other people's flakes after all. And I believe Des didn't include shit because she was keeping it for her writefagging. How is that at all the same as what I'm doing?

2/2
>>
>>48047191
That's hard to do on an anonymous image board
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.