[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon City Ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: silver_dragon.jpg (63 KB, 318x462) Image search: [Google]
silver_dragon.jpg
63 KB, 318x462
So I like to think I'm a creative bastard, and so I made up my own setting. Therein lies a city that is ruled by a silver dragon.

With that said, What type of interesting things can you lads and ladies imagine a dragon doing with a city under it's metaphorical thumb? The Silver dragon is female, and she is well meaning, but the Queenship of the city sort of fell into her lap.
>>
How direct is the rule?

We had a situation in game where a dragon was directly ruling over a town she'd made of kidnapped people, and was treating it like a game of the Sims basically. The people were safe and well-provided for and taken care of, but their lives were not their own.
>>
>>48034932
Well, that's a funny thing. As a Dragon, She laps up the attention and wealth, but chafes at the responsibility. She is the direct ruler, but she isn't super active about the role, so a sort of subcommittee has come into existence to deal with day to day issues. They secretly wish to depose the dragon queen, but she knows this and finds it amusing, like a game of cat and mouse where the mice think they're cats. Were she to hand down a decree, it would of course be followed as law.
>>
Pathfinder has a city called Hermea which a gold dragon is basically breeding better humans. Basically he is also playing Sims. Has them sign contracts so it's all legal.

I'd have to build the dragon in detail, as I'd essentially have the dragon be making the city an extension of her will. I think part of the arrangement would include her being paid as an augment to the military to pad her hoard. Having a dragon keep the bandits down would be effective.
>>
>>48035091
Well I mean, you said she doesn't like responsibility, but how heavy handed is she? Does she just give out decrees from a throne room and otherwise just soaks up praise and income? Or is she going out into the street and giving a speech here, directing a public work there, etc?

In our case, she was literally treating the place like her own dollhouse, pulling the roofs off houses and physically grabbing people to put them together and force them to talk and interact.
>>
You could go full monsterous city. I remember once I had a Mind Flayer under the effects of Opposite Alignment work as a city's Lord High Executioner.
>>
>>48035161
Well she is an Ancient silver dragon, so she's fairly comfortable in polymorphing. but she generally hangs around in her palace, only receiving the most important guests as visitors. Every once in a while she feels pent up in her palace, and so polymorphs into another guise and explores the city for a week or so, then returning. she does take note of her city while doing so, and will make laws accordingly upon her return to the palace. But she is a dragon, so her taxes are pretty hefty.
>>
>>48035416
So she's a helicopter queen. Then it would probably be within reason for her to devote a good portion of her time and funds, into making sure her public image is high. Statues of her all over the place, streets and parks named after her, making sure bards are always singing her praises, and even when she changes appearance goes around town spreading amazing rumors about herself and saying how great the queen is.

Depending on her vanity of course, but it sounds like that's right up her alley. Basically an El Presidente from Tropico.
>>
>>48035280
Of course the city is largely dragonborn due to a pact made long ago with the original settlers of the city, as well as some immigration from elsewhere in the world. however, there is an unusual population of Kobolds in the city, who are treated worse than the non-dragonborn are. they are pests at worse, slaves at best. They will form little dens in the slummier parts of town, where they commit all sorts of crime and kobold stuff.
>>
>>48035517
>Of course the city is largely dragonborn

Got my hopes up believing that the population was mostly dragonborn because the queen is a longtime slut.

Now my expectations are in the gutter.
>>
>>48035512
Given that my world is a bit harsher than most, She is venerated by most as the protector of the city, as well as the progenitor of most of the noble dragonborn families in the city. most that have complaints usually keep to themselves, for fear of backlash. In fact, her chosen name to friends and close acquaintances is "Strella". that name got out, and now is a very common name in the city for one's daughter.
>>
>>48035598
Well, she has had flings every so often, but those are in humanoid form, and to date nothing has ever arisen from these dalliances.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.