[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: dumb things your DM's/players have done >playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 1460705719276.jpg (20 KB, 319x374) Image search: [Google]
1460705719276.jpg
20 KB, 319x374
ITT: dumb things your DM's/players have done

>playing a rogue
>DM get's pissed when I start stealing from people
>little later the party is in town
>DM: ''The guards know you stole from that one guy cause he reported it so they arrest you and you are executed''
>mfw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgy3a3t-8ho

This shit happens all the time,like every two weeks during our game he breaks down and cries.
>>
File: Wake Me Up Inside.jpg (263 KB, 2550x3507) Image search: [Google]
Wake Me Up Inside.jpg
263 KB, 2550x3507
>>48034088
Video is proof right here, recorded this after i got tired of hearing it.
>>
>>48033391
Were you doing it in such a manner that it could be easily traced back to you?
>>
>>48034088
Holy shit why do you keep playing with this dude? I mean, fuck, sounds like he has a complete mental break.
>>
>>48034088
what is happening here, did his character die?
>>
File: Soldier.jpg (32 KB, 370x278) Image search: [Google]
Soldier.jpg
32 KB, 370x278
>>48033391
That could be justified.
>>
>>48034134
kinda, we were on an island off the coast of the town, I stole some gold from this dresser that belonged to this guy and he apparently reported it stolen and I was the culprit. DM said my ''idiocy'' was hindering the party.
>>
>>48034182
We keep playing with him because he is the boyfriend of our DM,in our curse group where we all actually love to play DnD,he doesn't care about it and is just in it to not feel left out.This is a very frequent thing and this was liek the 4th time it's happened so i just recorded it for satire purposes.

>>48034187
He didn't pay attention to the game as usual so we had to fill him in on a bunch of details he missed stopping the game by at least half an hour and when we told him he needs to apply himself so he can be an asset...he got triggered...again
>>
>>48034235
I think I recognize this voice. It's hard to tell. Is the dude from Kentucky?

I feel very sorry for you and your group.
>>
>>48034088
Is this fake? Can I get some context? Why are you posting a broken man breaking down on youtube?
>>
>>48034266
nah, he's from Rhode Island,and dont be now at this point its just a running gag,i got a few other things recorded for another upload

>>48034267
see>>48034235
>>
>>48034088
this is the reason for text games
>>
>>48034312
Shit, 401 represent. You know exactly where he lives?
>>
>>48034363
nah dont know the exact location but he lives in Rhode Island for sure,our group is comprised of like 8 people all across the US
>>
>>48034088
This is exactly why I do text only games.
>>
File: 1423975768686.jpg (293 KB, 883x593) Image search: [Google]
1423975768686.jpg
293 KB, 883x593
>>48034435

Text tabletop games are fine. Play-by-post though is a huge time waster and cancerous. Especially with a GM that updates at the most random times possible and expects you to respond within the next 1-2 hours no matter what you're doing.
>>
>>48033391
>one of our ex-players was definitely on the spectrum
>obsessed with sonic
>still lives wiith parents (he's 19, so not that big of a deal, yet)
>they don't let him play any video games rated T or higher, except Smash, even though he can legally buy alchohol here, not that he ever would
>plays his 3DS at the table all the time
>usually the shitty sonic RPG, interrupts session to tell us what he's doing in it
>starts freaking out and yells whenever we talk about any franchise he doesn't know anything about, like me and the DM talk about Dark Souls or Monster Hunter, or two other players talk about Game of Thrones, or when our me and our groups token Super-Weeaboo start talking about anime
>actually has a tantrum, runs away, and refuses to talk to anyone
>can never just say what he's doing, describes it in a weird fashion
>for example, this is when he tried to cast firebolt
>Him: I blast my fireballs at him
>DM: You cast fireball
>Him: No, I cast Firebolts
>Me: It's just firebolt, you only fire one
>Him: (yelling) WELL IT DEALS 2D10S NOW SO I THOUGHT I MEANT YOU SHOOT TWO FIREBALLS
>DM: Firebolt
>HIM: I FRACKING KNOW (He replaces every "bad word" with some alternative, like fracking, or aces, or short, or heil (fucking, asses, shit, hell))
>stops responding for about 10 minutes, delaying the game when we get to his turn
>even DM gets him to respond
>Him: I guess I'll just shoot another bunch of fracking fireballs
>can't just call shit what they are, has to give it a retarded name
>His Greatsword was actually a Great-Copech (He couldn't spell khopesh)
>his plate mail was actually shields-mail
>DM ended up kicking him out because he smashed DM's screen for his PC after we finished a session, because DM was showing me something from some game I forget, because he couldn't accept that people have different fucking interests and nobody here gives a flying fuck about your shitty sonic RPG and the shitty sonic OC you made in spore
>>
>>48034613
What is it with autists and Sonic?
>>
>>48033391

I think for pure stupidity, this one takes the cake

>Playing adventure
>DnD 3.0, we're all 2nd level
>Idiot is playing a half-orc fighter
>We camp on the way to some town we're traveling to
>Half-orc is on watch, rest of party is asleep
>DM calls for listen check
>Rolls well enough to hear something rustling in the bushes, and a footfall, but nothing else.
>Idiot: I better go out and investigate what that noise was.
>One of the other guys starts making loud snoring noises
>DM gives his "Are you sure you want to do this" hint/cluebat
>Idiot pauses for a moment, thinks it over
>OH, duh. If I run off into the bushes like that, they'll hear me coming a mile off. I take off my armor, and THEN run into the bushes.
>>
>>48034782

well, he was a half-orc fighter after all, so that´s pretty much in character
>>
>Play a kid character for fun
>DM asks if I want to be a "chosen one" type character, I figure why not
>Suddenly everyone and their mum wants my characters dick for his "hero blood"
>Turns out the DMs fetishes include /ss/ and impreg and I accidentally played right into her magical realm

At least I learned a lesson about not refusing when things get uncomfortable, and just trying to play along to keep people happy.
>>
>>48034843
>/ss/
Schutzstaffel?
>>
>>48034900
Straight Shota
>>
>>48034363
>>48034312

Hey, I don't want to change the subject but why are you guys all such fucking horrible drivers? I'm not even memeing, whenever some clown is doing 40 in the speed lane or blindly hurling themselves in or out of a rotary they inevitably have Rhode Island plates. Rhode Islanders are a plague on the entire upper half of route 95.
>>
>>48034962
i'm not from Rhodey
>>
File: 1442340108224.jpg (38 KB, 378x445) Image search: [Google]
1442340108224.jpg
38 KB, 378x445
>>48034613
to be honest, there's nothing bad about refluffing spells and equipment, as long as you don't suddenly try to make it have a mechanical effect beyond what it already does
dude sounds like a shit player besides, though

>>48034843
>>48034782
top fucking kek
>>
>>48034843
and then you had roleplay-sex with her right
i believe this is how it works
>>
>>48034962
Dude, been living here 15 years and I'm still trying to figure that one out. It's even worse when it rains; you'd think the locals would learn when we have like 75% percipitation to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN A BIT.
>>
>>48034995
Somewhat. She expected some roleplay to an extent, though was merciful enough to eventually fade to black.

Still never comfortable soft erp-ing as a kid. Meanwhile the other players found it hilarious.
>>
>>48035060
no no no no
like you stick the peener in the vagoo actual sex
while you roleplay as a little kid or some shit|
and get her pregnant i guess
trust me i've read like 3.6 doujins i'm an expert in this my friend
>>
>>48034981
Oh, I misunderstood. Count your blessings.

>>48035012
Just do your part and try to explain basic rules of the road to your friends and neighbors whenever possible. If all you can do it teach them about the passing lane then it will lower the blood pressure of 80% of Massachusetts drivers.
>>
>>48034992
He was a complete fucking ass about it. Firebolt and Fireball are sacred cows when it comes to magic spells in general, you shouldn't be calling one spell the name of a different very well known spell in general. But the equipment thing was retarded, because the names rarely made sense, were retarded, and he wouldn't even inform anyone what they actually were. I mean, if he at least told us what X weapon actually was, we'd be fine, but we kind of had to figure out on our own, since he flipped shit if we asked what his it actually was.

He "refluffed" his cone of cold spell as "Burning Cold Hands". Retarded name aside, if you give it a name like that, you shouldn't be surprised when we assume it's just burning hands that deals cold damage instead of fire damage.
>>
>>48035060
Did you at least fuck the DM?
>>
>>48035095
...no that never happened.

>>48035137
I didn't want to ruin the game group by doing that. Also I wasn't interested in her.
>>
>>48034533
As a PbP DM, I find I have the reverse problem.
>Run a campaign
>Literally one guy does anything, the other players just hurr durr along
>Combat starts
>Suddenly everyone else starts paying attention
Murderhobos, I fucking swear.
Poor bastard is basically carrying the campaign and I don't have the heart to call it off because it's been going on for way too long.
>>
>>48033391
Barf
>>
>>48035185
Was she at least cute?
>>
>>48035124
You're starting to sound like the aspie here.
>>
>>48035222
Were do you think we fucking are?

Also checked
>>
>>48034266
Are you from Kentucky?
>>
>>48034701
Something about how childish he is and how the worlds are generally sectioned off into blocks and patterns.
>>
>>48035210
Eh sort of I guess. She wasn't my type though and I didn't want to cause any trouble with the group.
>>
>>48034701
It's babby's first animu-esque setting.
>>
>>48035187
I always had the opposite issue doing forum based RP.
>Literally five pages worth of faffing about
>No one even remembers what we were supposed to be doing

Everything basically devolved into sitting at a table and talking until the guy running the story shoved things forward.

Had some interesting interactions, though.
>>
>>48035427
It always drives me up the wall when only one person ever has any opinion on anything that happens or decides what the group does.
I know I'm keeping that character in the setting if the campaign ever ends, though.
>>
>>48035451
Part of the problem was that no one really knew where to go next except for the de facto GM, so everyone else just defaulted to character interaction.

It was back when the old WoW forum RP was still active and taking the reins from the OP was a big taboo. There was only one thread I can really remember where multiple people moved the story forward and that was during my middle school anime phase, so you can guess how well that thread turned out.
>>
>>48035569
That seems to be the main issue with forum playing- either players have no initiative at all or far too much.
>>
>>48034088
>Dungeons and Dragons Player Breaks Down on Cries Midgame.
>>
File: m008.jpg (755 KB, 1740x1235) Image search: [Google]
m008.jpg
755 KB, 1740x1235
>>48034701
I don't know how familiar you are with Sonic but I liked the series when I was a kid and stopped paying attention to it as I got older.
Looking back at the Sonic series in my current age, let me tell you: it is one of the most surreally weird things to have grown so large. I'm unable to comprehend its existence now.
The setting of its games are all over the place but generally rests in modern USA complete with skyscrapers and cartoon animals who wield actual guns and swear. It features rock'n'roll and metal music, generally terrible gameplay, and some of the worst games seem to take themselves completely seriously while still featuring a blue cartoon animal creature that runs fast as the protagonist.
Imagine a kid's cartoon in bright bubblegum land where halfway through the second episode a realistically drawn human man in full SWAT gear steps onto the screen and shoots a main character in the head with a gun and says "FUCK YOU", then all the cartoons start crying about his actual death.
What the fuck.
>>
File: 1425255982598.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1425255982598.png
8 KB, 493x402
>>48035693
>Imagine a kid's cartoon in bright bubblegum land where halfway through the second episode a realistically drawn human man in full SWAT gear steps onto the screen and shoots a main character in the head with a gun and says "FUCK YOU", then all the cartoons start crying about his actual death.
The Internet has ruined me, so I actually laughed while visualizing that.
>>
>>48034701
they wanna go fast
>>
>>48033391
>Me(DM): You have reached an old trash chute.
>Player: What exactly do we see? How big is it? Do we see the bottom?
>Me: You know, just a trash chute cared from a natural cavern. You see humus and moss on the walls, there seems to have been no fresh trash here in centuries. There are ocassional pottery shards and a bent spoon sticking out of little openings in the stone. Your torch illuminates the opening, but you can see no bottom...
>Second Player rolls
>Second Player: You know how (character) has compulsive curiosity and must compulsively lick things she finds interesting?
>Oh god I know where this is going please don't
>Her: I climb to it and lick it.
>Me: It's 3 meters above your head and you suck at climbing
>Her: I do it
>She fucking makes all the rolls even though she sucks at climbing and has bad health, but she resists getting sick as well

Her fucking antics have gotten the group in so much trouble lately. Her lizard-man character started out as a temp char until she knew what kind of char to play, but she stuck with her. One of the other party members is an archeologist, who almost fucking murdered her on several occasions and contemplated letting her die when she pulled out a gold coin from the mouth of a mummified noble, who promptly got up and slammed a crit into her lizard face.
It's surpisingly fun tho, she really plays her character and lets me have sadistic fun in tormenting the group for her stupidity.
>>
>>48035289
Give us a 1 to 10 scale mate atleast
>>
>>48034088
Why would you post this?
>>
File: 1425241602922.jpg (53 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1425241602922.jpg
53 KB, 500x378
>>48035813
>she pulled out a gold coin from the mouth of a mummified noble, who promptly got up and slammed a crit into her lizard face
Does someone have that anime cameraman reaction image? The 'holy crap, this is amazing' one?
Because it seems extremely appropriate.
>>
>>48035743

It's not that they wanna anon...they gotta.
>>
File: 1466201955034.jpg (191 KB, 970x617) Image search: [Google]
1466201955034.jpg
191 KB, 970x617
>>48034613
How in the hell did you guys not end up ditching earlier on? Even prior to bashing the PC, everything about the story is just one big red flag.
>>
>>48035813
> You see humus and moss on the walls
Hummus on the walls? What? Why?
>>
>>48036587

Not him, but http://www.dictionary.com/browse/humus

Basically, compost
>>
>>48036939
i still want a hummus-themed dungeon tho
>>
>>48034235
>he is the boyfriend of our DM
Fuck, is this a common issue? I was playing a game online where the DM's boyfriend was playing some french guy, another player was playing some british guy and kept making fun of french guy for being french (stupid hon hon baguette-tier jokes). DM's boyfriend stopped paying attention and left early the first session, then fucking started crying the second session and dropped the skype call because "you guys all hate me"
It was just one character making the jokes, and otherwise we liked the guy a lot because his character was super useful, skill-wise. Game kind of ended after the guy had that bit of a mental breakdown.
>>
>>48036939
Wow, I consider myself to be a pretty damned well-read person, but somehow I've never seen that word before. I thought they were trying to escape from an Armenian death camp or something.
>>
File: this is amazing.jpg (58 KB, 700x480) Image search: [Google]
this is amazing.jpg
58 KB, 700x480
>>48035954
Just so you have it for next time.
>>
>>48034266
For some reason, Kentuckians have this weird accent. It's not southern, but not northern.

It's weird.
>>
>>48035893
>>
>>48037236
Okay this confirms it, I'm rewatching Code GayAss. All the signs have presented themselves.
>>
>>48036587
This >>48036939
>>48037216
Well, it might be because in my language, humus and compost are also both words, but humus is very commonly used for compost heavy earth, so it kinda just carried over to my english use of the word. I only now found out that humus is also a name for a food.
>>
File: 1447546846432.png (129 KB, 275x226) Image search: [Google]
1447546846432.png
129 KB, 275x226
>>48033391
>DM advises us to get plate armor because we have ample money
>we're low levels and I have no points in heavy armors at all because I'm an Elf Ranger so I'm in leather
>dwarf is in chainmail and doesn't want to spend his money
>paladin is in full plate cause paladin
>nah we're good let's explore the woods
>half an hour later level 9 owlbear attacks out of nowhere
>levels 3 2 and 2 adventurers proceed to get buttfucked by said owlbear, dwarf even gets stuck in a tree
>after dicking us softly owlbear leaves and patrol happens by and finds us broken and dying
>takes us back and heals us
>DM explains he wanted to show us we were under equipped
>>
>>48034613
I blame his parents. I used to be like that but I grew out of it.

Except for the sperging over interests thing. My rule against MOBA discussion isn't related to my autism, it just starts fights faster than politics and religion does.
>>
>>48038208
>My rule against MOBA discussion isn't related to my autism, it just starts fights faster than politics and religion does.
Very true.

Also, it's almost always the parents that are to blame. The problem is that those guys then also become shit parents that fuck up their kids. It's a neverending cycle of rednecks, religion and helicopter parents.
>>
>>48038201
Just to confirm a few things:
what was your dex mod?
what class was the dwarf, and what was his dex mod?
>>
>>48037216
It's a fairly archaic word,it's mostly used in botany and gardening now.
>>
>>48038320
Dwarf was a fighter, I don't really remember our stats I think he had 12 Dex or something.
I had 15? Dex so whatever that would be.

Hardly matters though we still would have died to the Owlbear with or without platemail. Hell if I hadn't had any armor on I might have passed my climb in a tree and hide skillcheck after the Dwarf got one shotted.
>>
>>48037105
If someone is there for a social obligation rather than because they want to play, it's always going to be a bad time.
>>
>>48034920
>>48034843
well, that's my fetish as well, but fuck this shit in actual games
>>
>>48038260
We really should mandate psychological evaluation before anyone is allowed to become a parent.

Then again, the US doesn't even mandate psychological evaluations for its police officers, do they?
>>
>>48038707
We mandated standardized testing for schoolkids and look how that ended up.
>>
>>48034782
That's some stale pasta
>>
>>48034088
jesus fuck
>>
>>48034900
It stands for soul society
>>
>>48040016
Which also has some straight shota action in it.
>>
>>48035124
Chill out dude, nothing wrong with adding fluff.
>>
>>48035729
Glad I wasn't the only one.
>>
File: stop right there penises.jpg (26 KB, 360x362) Image search: [Google]
stop right there penises.jpg
26 KB, 360x362
>>48033391
Sounds like some criminal scum to me.
>>
>>48034088
i'm sad now
>>
>>48038344
In German it's very commonly used to describe the very top layer of earth in a forest, which consists mainly of rotten plant matter.
When i first heard about the food I was really confused, because I had an image of people putting earth on their food in my head.
>>
>>48035729
Check out some LP footage or cutscenes from Shadow the Hedgehog.

The president (as in, of the united states) has a picture on his desk of him and Shadow.
>>
>>48033391
Player, singular, several things.
>Rolls before describing action, constantly.

And the staggering stupid.
>Begins rolling for one of his combat powers while he and a completely NON-HOSTILE NPC are chatting away, because the NPC mentioned something about them maybe fighting each other IN THE FUTURE.

>Uses his Teleport Other Psychic Power to teleport a dragon five miles away, in the air.
>Was legitimately surprised when the dragon strafed him with fire breath a few minutes later.

>Fired his Psychic Railgun power off at a badguy in a crowd, was, again, legitimately surprised when it hit EVERY PERSON ALONG THE 3000 FOOT LINE OF IT'S TRAJECTORY, KILLING SEVERAL CIVILIANS.
>>
>>48034088
Jesus, this is not how I wanted my night to end. I don't want this in my life.
>>
>>48037326
It's Appalachian son
>>
>>48034088
>i feel like a big FOOL, *cries*
>meh
Priceless.
>>
>>48045442
He says that alot in our sessions.
>>
>>48038707
we do don't be a retard.
>>
File: 1448951253210.jpg (381 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
1448951253210.jpg
381 KB, 500x655
>>48034088
I don't normally call people faggots, but wow, this kid is a total faggot.

Like, I really don't believe he's depressed or anything, the way he keeps asking about all that shit it sounds like he's just looking for "reassurance."

He sounds like one of those people who says sorry, has breakdowns and freaks out because it is the only way they feel close to other people. They know if they have a shit-fit like that, cry, get "good comments" from those around them like in the video, then they can finally feel good.

It's bullshit, I've known people that do that, they're just looking for a circle jerk for their own feelings and need to learn how to actually fucking socialize normally instead of seeking attention that way

Either that, or it's fake
>>
>>48034088
>records someone without their consent
>puts it up on the internet
>to feel like he's right
i don't care what the kid did, you have no right to record him and put him on the internet.
>>
egg
>>
>>48046100
he's not a kid..he's actually 20 years old.
>>
>>48046031
No we don't. Like 5 states have it mandatory. The rest ask it but don't require. Just like most departments only require 2 visits to the gun range a year.
>>
>>48046120
doesn't change that he shouldn't have been put on the internet without consent.
>>
>>48037105
Gay people are like black people.

They're normally top tier socially, but when they're nerds they're an absolute fucking mess.
>>
>>48046173
>Gay people
>black people
>nerds
Murican detected.
>>
>>48046068
>He sounds like one of those people who says sorry, has breakdowns and freaks out because it is the only way they feel close to other people. They know if they have a shit-fit like that, cry, get "good comments" from those around them like in the video, then they can finally feel good.

this is what everyone in the group including the DM, who is also his girlfriend, has come to the conlcusion of,which is why I thought recording it wasn't a bad idea, if he wants to put on a show let him have one.
>>
File: 1412563256040.png (48 KB, 333x286) Image search: [Google]
1412563256040.png
48 KB, 333x286
>>48046173
I've noticed this too, truly "nerdy" black people are far more annoying than truly "nerdy" white people. Like, because they can't be in "traditional black culture" because of their hobbies, they go even further down the rabbit hole and achieve full autism
>>
>>48046171
i'll admit it's not the most morally just thing i've done,but after a while and hearing it..over..and over..and over.. each week during our session,why not laugh at it.
>>
>>48046219
why not stop being a bitch and just leave the group? no, instead you put it on the internet instead of actually dealing with the problem head on.
>>
i have known this guy for the past 3 years and i cant count the amount of random breakdowns over nothing. and don't get me started on the 'you guys don't care because you where playing a game when i was sleeping' and ' i am sorry about my past '. its not just become a routine joke.
>>
>>48046196
That's far more sad than anything in the video, but I only have so much pity for those sorts of people

He should grow a pair, and you folks should stop feeding his fucking degenerate social habits. If no one makes him grow a pair by denying him his "sob-story-time" then he'll continue to do it and be a shit-stain on the fabric of society for everyone

Do your goddamn civic duty and make him productive, anon
>>
>>48046267
do you think you would say the same if it was a girl?
>>
cant really leave the group when its a group of friends of several years and hes dating the DM
>>
>>48046249
nah,i love the people i play with,i've known them for the past 3 years,even before playing DnD,he has been confronted many times in the past about it,but only recently have we actually added reprocussions,over the past 2 weeks we have given him a 3 strike system,once he's reached 2 he is booted front he sessions,he's sitting at strike 2,we have a session scheduled tonight so we might actually make progress in our campaign.
>>
>>48046314
once he's reached 3 my bad
>>
>>48046267
easier said than done,right now we are just waiting for him to fuck up again so he can be officially booted from the sessions.
>>
>>48046313
ofcourse you can, just walk out of the room, go home, be honest and tell them you don't want to play when he's acting like that.
>>
>>48046314
good luck on that i guess, is he fat btw?
>>
>>48046400
it's online man,theses are guys i originally,met on skype several years back and we have just stayed in touch,we started DnD as group as means of having fun together about a year ago..everyone has fun except him.
>>
>>48046213
This
Had a gay black guy I DMd for. He was actually good at RP, couldn't even make a character without us standing over his shoulder, and CONSTANTLY dogged me to shove an imaginary husbando in the game. I humored him once by rolling to see if a character was gay or not, so he asks me to roll for every character and throws a shit fit when I say no.

>plays supposedly good-aligned character
>apparently okay with assraping enemies as a method of information extraction
>>
>>48046417
he's average build,he's not a bad looking guy,nothing noteworthy but his self confidence is in the fucking earth's core.
>>
File: 1446178289764.jpg (58 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
1446178289764.jpg
58 KB, 500x457
>>48046301
Yes because that type of behavior is cancer from anyone, it's stupid and a continuation of "tit-suckling" and whining to get attention. Man or woman, it makes them shitty and they need to grow up.

Believe me, I totally understand seeking emotional support, in fact I am whole-heartedly in favor of people doing that. I like making sure my friends are feeling alright and are mentally sound, and if they need to talk they need to talk, and sometimes that involves crying and breaking down emotionally...

But this guy is doing it over and over, his crying sounds fake as hell, and he's more worried about what the other people are saying going "I'm so sorry" over and over, he's digging, trying to get something out of them, not get bad feelings out of his own heart.

It's not that he is showing weakness, it is the fact that he is showing weakness as a "ruse" to get people to shower him with praise. It's a sick social disease

>>48046340
So now you're just playing with his emotions for shits and giggles without fixing the problem?
>>
>>48046196
I traditionally prided myself in being one of those people that just "gets" everything about everyone else, but you've just challenged that. What you just said is something that is so fucking far beyond my own experience or anything I could come close to identifying with that I never would have figured it out on my own. That's just really, really low and I don't have anyone in my life that devoid of self respect.
>>
>>48046492
we have attempted to help him many times in the past,it would honestly be in the hundreds with everyone in the group trying to give him a crutch,we all honestly think he does it for attention,including his girlfriend/DM,it's not just DnD,even in minecraft,the DM and a couple others in the group built something without him knowing,he cried saying you guys never involve me in anything,when the fuckign thing was built at like 3am,when everyone else is asleep.practically anythign he will feel inferior at he will cry about it.
>>
>>48046544
it's definitely not one of the proudest things i've done,this is a very one sided way of putting,but if you met him and actually played or had any association with him,you'd get what i mean.
>>
>>48046550
and shortly after he cried he got so enraged,he litteraly punched and smashed his laptop's screen
>>
there are always those people that you just have to know them to understand. i was one of the people who fell into the trap of trying to care for him and give him sympathy but he would just through it all in your face and would do the exact thing every since day. every day he will have a breakdown over something. so we just give up
>>
>>48046668
then stop pitying him so much and show him how the real world is
>>
>>48035743
Slow kids wanna go fast, kek
>>
File: 1378241853417.jpg (28 KB, 392x376) Image search: [Google]
1378241853417.jpg
28 KB, 392x376
>>48046800
It all makes sense now!
>>
>>48046171
Only if it was his house. If not, oh well. Otherwise people owning security cameras would constantly be up shit creek, legally speaking.
>>
>>48046859
it is an online group
>>
>>48046859
you're generalizing too much.
they're sitting and having a friendly game, this is a place were people should be able to be comfortable with each other and not worry about being put on the internet.

you can talk as much you want about being recorded but being recorded for it to then go public is a much different thing.
>>
File: birdbarian.jpg (423 KB, 831x1102) Image search: [Google]
birdbarian.jpg
423 KB, 831x1102
>>48046880
Anon is just a shitty person and he won't admit it, he's in it for shits and giggles at this point, but they are like "but wow, if u knew him, wow if only if den u wud understand"

Anon just won't admit to being a shitlord, that's fine, but it doesn't change them being a shitlord
>>
>Guy misses a session
>Among other things, we find out that the brown elf people whose city the party is in have an aversion to a bunch of random words and objects for various reasons related to their hideously long history and an insane cultural belief in "once burned, twice shy".
>We give absent guy a full transcript of what happened during the session
>He doesn't read it
>We get thrown out of the city after he breaks 5 taboos in about 20 minutes.
>>
>>48046977
>"once burned, twice shy".
english please
>>
>>48046954

Anon committed a shitty action, but a single action doesn't make a person. I'd say the guy who keeps crying over silly shit, if this is true, should have been cut loose a long time ago. I want to have mutual fun with friends not listen to someone whine about their life.

I've a friend who did something similar though not nearly as bad. I stopped hanging with that friend so much. I've got my own fucking problems without listening to someone else's. It's rude to burden other people so much even among friends.
>>
>>48046859
It might not be illegal(and I'm not too sure about that, either - it's one thing to record something for security purposes, quite another to post it online for everyone to see) - but it's still a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>48047033
I will admit it's definitely got some bad karma waiting for me soon, i honestly do like the guy,hes not a bad person at all,he loves to vocalize his problems to an uncomfortable degree,and he is well aware of it at this point,for general conversation he's pretty decent,but foe gaming in general he has big problems.
>>
>>48046995
You ever see someone who actually did shit the warning sign said not to fuck with? Notice how every smart person who didn't do that shit is calm and easy around said object but with general respect towards it but the idiot is twitchy as fuck and won't go 5 feet near it.
Clearest one i've seen is an electric fence for buffalo and an idiot with a nice shaky hand who won't go with 10 feet of a fence that MIGHT be electrical whereas i just pop on rubber gloved and get to work.
>>
>>48046995
holy shit just google it.

If you get burned by fire, you avoid fire because it hurt you once.
>>
>>48034613
I knew an autistic guy once, he would always breathe really fucking loudly (He's not even that fat, he would just somehow make his breathing really loud.) and wouldn't touch anything but dnd.

Never did anything other than that, never really said much after the games and he wasn't that unpleasant after you got around the fucking loud as hell mouthbreathing and being literally autistic, mumbling and weird as hell wording.
>>
>>48046995
If something shit happens to them then they are forever afterwards paranoid and cautious of that same shit happening to them again.
>>
>>48036587
The moss is very fancy and is slowly having a banquet.
>>
>>48047167
google it senpai
>>
>>48046995
Child who touches fire knows not to touch it again.
>>
>>48046995
Basically, any part of their history with negative connotations to it is blamed on something related to said incident, then their society does their best to avoid talking about or going near whatever it is.

For example, 35.000 years prior, their ruler at the time, along with most of his family, were assassinated by a halfling for whatever reason. They still won't sell weapons to halflings, and treat them as if they are murderers who just haven't been caught yet.

The other ones that i can remember off the top of my head are

>Potions in square vials
>Most insects
>Fish from the ocean
>Goat's milk
>The word "Brownie"
>The name of the Tarrasque
>Outsiders who don't remove their helmets/hoods when within the city
>Scrolls of fire-related spells
>Birds with a wingspan greater than 1m
>Strong dwarven spices
>>
>>48047262
>gets killed by a halfling
>EVER
their civilization deserves to die
>>
So Anons, I'm DMing for a group (all members are lvl 3) and I got two people that are both possibly "that guy" and recently the two got into an argument and their characters might spend the rest of the campaign killing each other...
So one is a tiefling fighter w/ hermit bg (T), the other is human barabiran w/ soldier bg (H).
>at the time, the supply line for the town was cut off so merchant shop is low on supplies
>only has 4 potions of healing left in shop
>T buys 2 and asks if anyone else is going to get it before they go on the adventure
>nobody buys the last 2
>Guys go continue on their quest in town to save their wizard pc who was kidnapped
>before breaking into the quest's baddie's place T tells everyone that he is annoyed that he is the only one that bought potions when everyone has gold to spare
>T informs everyone that the purpose of the 2 potions are for himself and if anyone else needs them, they have to pay him 75gp instead of 50gp.
>They do the mission and barely manage to escape with the wizard.
>Afterwards they decide to go fight the monster blocking the supply line/road
>Before that the rogue on the team also buys a potion and the wizard asks everyone else if anyone else was going to buy a potion.
>nobody does so wizard buys last potion
>fighter asks to buy and use his herb kit and medicine skills to see if he can craft a potion
>after a few hours ingame he makes one more for himself in case he needs three.
>H at the time has no potion
>finally go to fight monster
>find that its a chimera
>fight ensues w/ T and H fighting in the frontlines while rogue, wizard and warlock are firing attacks from the back line
>H and T are both low on hp
>H demands T gives him a potion
>T tells him he should've bought one and if he needs healing run to the warlock (b/c warlock has cure wounds cantrip from a the spellbook gift)
>H says its too far of a distance since warlock is 80ft away
>T tells him he'll distract the chimera while H runs (cont...)
>>
Stop playing Skyrim
>>
>>48047415
cont...
> H is still low on hp so T gives him a potion on his turn because they don't have much of a choice
>H's turn comes, H drinks the potion then proceeds to spend his action and bonus action trying to use a Rod of Wonder (its like deck of many things but has 20,000 possible effects that it can cast, some are useful, some harmful, some are useless)
>T is shocked that H didn't stick to the plan
>warlock sees that H has deviated from the plan and decides to focus on attacking instead of healing
>warlock used eldritch blast and knocked the chimera 10ft away from the barbarian but still in range of the fighter.
>on chimera's turn the chimera uses its fire breath and KOs both the barbarian and the fighter
>The chimera then goes to pounce on the rogue
>fighter manages to roll nat 20 and recover 1hp
>he uses the crafted potion to heal H
>meanwhile the wizard and warlock and rogue manage to take down the chimera
>afterwards T demands H pays him 75gp for the potion used on him
>H tells him to fuck off since they're a team and teammates shouldn't be paying each other for services and should be helping each other for free not making a profit off the team.
>now tensions are at an all time high
side note: their characters have gotten into a fist fight in game before because H was using the Rod when it wasn't needed and thus kept them from looting the place that the wizard was kept in.
Tl;dr: T tells team that he will charge them 75 gp if he has to waste a potion on them and they should buy their own potions. H ends up needing potion after not buying it and has T use some on him. T demands he pays up, H says fuck off we're a team.
So who's in the wrong? Should T let it go or should H pay up?
>>
>>48047628
The one in the wrong is the retard who keeps acting like there were tones of potions for the party to buy and is trying to force his team mate who's injured to pay for it.
>>
>>48046249
Fuck you. I'm so sick of white knighting moral fag fucks on here. No one is arguing that him recording this bitch crying is morally sound. What it is is funny. If you want morals then go to Tumblr and join the sjw circlejerk you annoying piece of shit. Either that or get off of your pedestal. Nobody here desires your judgment.
>>
>>48047628
>So who's in the wrong?
they both kind of sound like idiots.
>>
>>48047708
>dealing with problems like an adult is now white knighting
>>
>>48047415
>>48047628
could you write all that as tr:dr
>>
>>48047708

How about you stop being a piece of trash and deal with your problems like an adult.

Oh wait, you can't, because you stopped developing after middle school so you're a perpetually triggered bitch who wants to treat people like shit without consequence.
>>
>>48047788
look at the bot of >>48047628
>Tl;dr: T tells team that he will charge them 75 gp if he has to waste a potion on them and they should buy their own potions. H ends up needing potion after not buying it and has T use some on him. T demands he pays up, H says fuck off we're a team.
Should H pay or should T stop complaining
>>
>>48047788
>Dm causes artificial shortage of needed supplies in a group he knows is dysfunctional
>is surpised when the group ends up dysfunctional at a key moment
>>
>>48047841
in my defense, they were fine up until the wizard was captured. Prior to that shit, the fighter and barbarian were tag teaming every enemy they came across. They went from being bros to trading blows. Why? I don't really know, from what I can tell they had some fight out of game over some shit and have been aggressive to each other since. I'm hoping they go back to fighting enemies instead of each other so we can continue the story...
>>
>>48047839
he should pay, otherwise you could make it a whole thing where the guy that has to pay is being prosecuted by the traders guild
>>
>>48047628
They're both wrong. T is a bitch for trying to jew the party. H is a bitch for acting like it's okay to spend other people's money because you're all part of the same party. T should stop bitching, H should give him back the money he actually spent on the potion(50 gp, in other words) and maybe buy him a beer next time they're in a tavern.
>>
>>48034435
I always assumed that's where people like that retreat to after they do shit like that.
>>
>>48047923
if it's his character to be a greedy jew, then that should be perfectly acceptable, if the other player's character is pissed, then they should have a non-party member decide, aka the traders guild
>>
File: 1304044716.png (204 KB, 342x334) Image search: [Google]
1304044716.png
204 KB, 342x334
>>48038201
>low levels die to owlbear because "you're under equipped"
>>
>>48047944
>>48047883
Trader's guild seems like an interesting idea. But at the same time, I don't see why the guild would care too much about this issue.
>>
>>48047944
If it's in his character, then it's good roleplaying, but that doesn't make it acceptable in-character and I could well see the other characters deciding that they don't want to adventure with him any more if he keeps pulling shit like that. OOC, if it causes unnecessary drama, the player should consider either changing the characterization or making a new character unless the group is into intra-party drama.
>>
>>48047752
>implying this isn't the autistic manchildren board
>>
>>48047752
>>48047825
I'm saying the guy getting onto op for uploading the video is whiteknighting. What the fuck do you guys mean I should solve my problems like an adult? What problems? Are you high?
>>
>>48047991
If only they were equipped with a higher level
>>
>>48048033
i don't have any problems! YOU HAVE PROBLEMS! REEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>48048016
>implying 4chan as a whole isn't known for being the autistic manchildren website
>>
>>48048033
read the thread and grow up
>>
>>48047628
It'd be more mature for T to just let the issue go, but he's not exactly in the wrong seeing as how he outright told everyone, and doubly so if his character is a stickler for that sort of stuff. It's a dick move to begin with, but it's not like he didn't give up the potion when push came to shove. H sounds like the greater or two dumb asses, given that his past decisions have repeatedly fucked with the party.
>>
>>48048008
then some form of a court, seems like a moral issue that could develop into something very interesting.
>>
>>48048061
Nice meming your mommy must be proud.
>>
>>48034189
I don't think he was upset about being caught I think he was upset that it was just "the guards capture you and your executed" so no rolls no attempt at escaping prison or a trial guess the GM didn't want to deal with any of that but if that was the case just let him keep the gold or say the local thieves guild came to you and turns out that guy has paid protection money so he can't keep the gold he stole.
>>
>>48047628
If the party has a Rod of Wonder, then the DM's in the wrong
>>
>>48048074
I did read the thread. What did I say that implies I didn't? I agreed op was not morally sound in uploading the video but so did he. My argument is who gives a fuck? If he didn't upload it we wouldn't be able to laugh at it or discuss it. 4chan isn't a place for moralfags. In normal society I'm sure most of us act like adults but when on 4chan we laugh at fucked up shit and get a break from society's ideas of normalcy. if me not caring that some random fag on the internet is recorded crying without his permission makes me less of an adult then I guess I'm a fucking child then.
>>
>>48048233
we are legion
we never forget
we never forgive
>>
>>48048262
I know you're saying that to be ironic but I do miss those days. 4chan is sounding more like Tumblr every fucking day.
>>
>>48034088
...holy shit, I think I might've RP'd with that guy in another medium. What sorta characters does he play?
>>
>>48048233

>owtheedge.jpg
>>
>>48048294
it's not, you might /tg/ is but not the rest of the site
>>
>>48048349
Nice buzzword kid. I'm not even being edgy though. Like half of the people that say that word you hardly know what it means. What, do you are care about the crying fag in the op post? Is not giving shit and just thinking it's funny really edgy?
>>
>>48048294
I also miss the days of
>United as One, Divided by Zero
>None of us can be as cruel as all of us

Although saying that Anonymous isn't entirely without troll shaped teeth even now.

A 2nd Referendum was almost had earlier this week because an online petition was signed by tens of thousands wanting Britain to stay in the EU.

On closer inspection most of these signatures came from the Solomon Islands, Vatican City, Antarctica and North Korea.

If the spam bot had been left on a little longer till it got to 100,000 then it would have had to have been discussed in parliament on behalf of the British citizens in these overseas territories.
>>
>>48048423
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>48048423
Do you care'
Sorry typing on a touchscreen.

>>48048384
What?
>>
>>48048460
/tg/ is not the only board faggot
>>
>>48048443
>If the spam bot had been left on a little longer till it got to 100,000 then it would have had to have been discussed in parliament on behalf of the British citizens in these overseas territories.
nice try faggot, only UK citizens can vote.
>>
>>48047708
>>48048233
I, for one, agree with you, even if your panties are in a twist.

>>48048033
This guy >>48047752 was disagreeing and claiming that
>>48046249
>instead you put it on the internet instead of actually dealing with the problem head on.
Was not white-knighting (after it suggested that anon leaving his group was a good reaction)

The other asshole seemed to assume you were the upload guy because he's an idiot who can't read tone or message.
>>
here I'll volunteer myself

>overprepare for nothing
>use almost non of it, have to improve

I'm fine with improv it just feels like I wasted a colossal amount of time

and I feel like a massive autist
>>
>>48047839
T was kind of a prick for being so upset about nobody else buying potions, but H should pay up purely because he deviated from the plan. There's no guarantee the plan was going to work, but his actions got the front line fucked and caused a wasted potion
>>
>>48048134
I see you've experienced the rod of wonder. It was actually the reason why the fight against the chimera became so difficult for them. H the barbarian used it on the chimera twice and it made it so that the chimera was immune to electric attacks so the wizard couldn't keep at a distance with thunderwave. The second effect was whoever slays the chimera gets the chimera's alignment: Chaotic Evil. Due to the second effect the barbarian, the wizard, and the rogue didn't want to kill the chimera because they were all neutral alignment. T was chaotic good and thus willing to land the killing blow so that the others don't suffer. Meanwhile the warlock was lawful evil so he didn't care too much about killing it either and ended up being the one who had to kill it.
>>
>>48048423

>I should be allowed to be an asshole whenever I want, stop disagreeing with me.
>>
>>48048523
Thanks. For clarifying and for agreeing. I do get salty pretty easy sometimes. When I mentioned White knighting I was referring to the whole argument more than that specific post. Though I guess I was misleading.
>>
>>48048423
>Is not giving shit and just thinking it's funny really edgy?
Meh
Saying you think it's funny makes you look like a bit of prick on the internet to anonymous strangers.
I sure as hell didn't listen to all that video, I found him annoying, not sad or funny, but mocking the sad and pathetic is never a good look.
Calling you out as a prick for laughing at a guy on a video posted on 4Chan is stupidly pointless whiteknighting though.
>>
>>48048681
Once again I'm not the one then uploaded the video. Am I really an asshole for laughing at it?
>>
>>48048690
>When I mentioned White knighting I was referring to the whole argument more than that specific post.
Ah, I saw it more of a tangent of the morality of posting vids of online conversations on 4Chan.
My opinion is:
>sharing your shit online
>expectation of privacy
Pick one
>>
>>48046451
https://vimeo.com/39114507 Then theres this. Also my first game I was a basement dwelling cleric named don buluci who was a future sex slave being treated as vintage. Because the guy who owned me liked the "altar boy experience". The only black guy in the group was playing a gay wood elf, and was tasked with saving me. Lets just say after me suggesting drow face to get me out. It got retarded really fast.
>>
>>48048698
You know what? I get what you mean. I can see how that makes me a dick. I'm glad you agree about the white knighting though.
>>
>>48048755
I agree completely.
>>
>>48038201

The funniest part is armor doesn't really do anything to protect you in DnD. Sure, it makes you more difficult to hit, but full BaB classes and monsters are still 'meant' to hit you reliably.
>>
>>48034088
"Have we tried jumping into the mirror" guy really early on has my voice.

It's almost concerning.
>>
>>48047628
>So who's in the wrong?
neither are in the wrong. No one can make H pay, but no one can make T give up a potion either.
T can always get more gold.
next time, T should drink the potion himself, since he was injured. If H wants healing without cost, he has warlock, fighter medic, and rest.
>>
>>48048950
How the fuck do you chucklefucks know what your voice sounds like ? I have literally no idea what mine sounds like.
>>
>>48049330
Record yourself daily for a week or so, and hear the recordings a few times each

Eventually you'll start hearing something pretty close to your real voice. Assuming that's what you mean of course, if you literally can't hear yourself talk you should go to the doctor
>>
>>48049357
For what reason would I do that naturally? Did you just do it because you were interested in your voice?
>>
>>48049390
People can usually hear their own voices

And just fucking hearing your own voice in a video or when you're using a microphone works, the thing about recording yourself is for the long term
>>
>>48034782
this is some old-ass fucking pasta, son
>>
>>48048233
>being such a conformist sheep you blindly adopt the morals of a Cambodian cattle corralling community rather than be a fucking man and stick to your personal principles
Laughing about someone pitiful is pathetic. What, you some kind of little bitch who can't feel like a big man unless you keep reminding yourself of the lives of those inferior to you?
>>
File: 1451698813901.png (56 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1451698813901.png
56 KB, 401x372
Anon that was dming for H and T here. So H wants to say he doesn't have to pay because he has beaten up T before and essentially might is right...help plz
>>
>>48046995
suicide please
>>
>>48050005
H is a gigantic fucking mongoloid and should be shanghaied and fed to the swines
>>
>>48050005
>talks about acting like a team and how it's unfair not to share
>MIGHT MAKES RIGHT

What a faggot. T sounds like he might be a dick, but H just sounds like a manchild.

Obviously your problems aren't going away until they solve whatever personal issues they have, but you can either kick one or both of them from the party or try to get them to settle their OOC dispute.
>>
>Find opaque jars in basement of mad scientist lair
>Decide it's a trap
>Arcane Trickster decides to open up one of them
>It was a con draining poison trap
>Trickster dies in 2 rounds
>>
File: 1441518609499.jpg (153 KB, 888x1500) Image search: [Google]
1441518609499.jpg
153 KB, 888x1500
>>48034088

You mentioned this guy is the boyfriend of the DM.

What the fuck is keeping them together? Jesus.
>>
>>48050005
At this point just tell him to stop being such a contentious asshole.

Or have a literal dick swinging chad beat him up and take all his shit while saying the same line.
>>
>>48034088
Holy shit. My brother basically did this during one of our sessions. But he's 13.
>>
>>48041408
>>48040411
GO BACK TO RIDDIT YOU FAGGOT(s)

4chan is not a safe space for you queers.
>>
>>48047188
Fucking kek
>>
>>48050621
I'd tap that...
>>
>>48050005
Just give them a cursed magic item
>>
>>48034088
How old is he?
>>
>>48052286
>>
>>48047262
>>The word "Brownie"
That is honestly a pretty sensible red flag for a city of sexy brown elves.
>>
>>48050005
T is about three point dickery; H about eight.
>>
>>48046068
Yeah, this is definitely not how depression works. The boy sure is a mess, but mostly wants attention. Probably he can't handle being in a social context where his girlfriend seems to pay more attention to everyone else because they're enjoying an activity which he doesn't like and at which he sucks.
>>
>>48047628
T is in the wrong for charging more than 110% the cost of the potion and H is in the wrong for not paying him back.
>>
Had players find a city that was basically torn out of Eberron, complete with a race almost exactly like Warforged. These machine-people were fully integrated, almost fully treated like naturally-born people.

>player meets one
>immediately stands in the street, points
>"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU"
>previously passed several Perception tests to see that these machines were doing "Normal People Things" throughout the city
>was surprised when every not!Warforged within earshot treated him like a douche

Then there was the time a player ran a Cyclops through an active powergrid and turned several dudes into paste, disabling the walker in the process.
>>
>>48046995
It's usually written "once bitten, twice shy" in my experience.
>>
>>48034111
>signed shitty anime portrait that's not even fucking done

The worst kind of autist
>>
>>48034111
You know I can't draw human faces to save my fucking life most of the time, but at least I don't sign my fucking art and I just shit like monsters with crystal dicks so it deliberately looks like a monster versus that abomination
>>
>>48033391
>Execution is the penalty for thievery

He should get a prison sentence or be locked up in the stocks for a week, not executed.
>>
>>48033391
>DM gets mad at people breaking the laws
>has players get insta found out by some force
Goddamnit this just happened to me 2 days ago
>shadowrun
>no one bought car
>lets get a car
>hack into car
>unlock doors
>command it to drive to places
>car turns out to be owned by mobster
>entire mob gang comes to get it back
>maybe kill us, but npcs help us with cred stick
>annoyed because there's no reason they should've been able to track us
>no hacking down to track the car by GM
>bullshit
>later we try to steal another car
>it's no wireless so we can't because all of us have no lock picking skills
>try another car that's wireless
>turns out to be another mobster car
>entire mob comes back
>no npcs to give them money
>we have no money
>fuck
>3 cars of armed thugs, we're not super optimized for combat, GM doesn't use 1 hit 1 kill rules for thugs so combat takes forever
>we have caster though to cast mass agony on a car at a time
>GM cheeses rolls to keep the mob boss from not becoming incaped
>gets angry at us when we're able to take a car of goons without all of us dying
>says this was all a lesson about not to steal cars
>eventually our car is knocked to the side of the road and face has to charisma them into leaving
>later, our run's goal, which is to assassinate someone in a way to make it look not like a assassination, is ruined because she has cops guarding her house 24/7
>cops even have hacker to counter me
>we try to wait it out
>employers start giving us shit for waiting
>GM gives us shit for waiting
>completely hopeless
>face has to intimidate her into not doing the things we were being paid to kill her for

Oh also, if you fucking read this, guy I'm talking about, the reason I wasn't direct was because you're way too fucking self defensive about this shit and it wouldn't actually solve anything and this is me getting angry on the internet versus at your fucking face
>>
>roll a 1
>"Hope you packed an extra bowstring, anon!"
Every time
>>
>Try running a short 5-8 session SR game for my friends who have never played anything but high fantasy games
>Players all gear towards combat only, because clearly that is all there is to do in the game
>First run is to rob an old bank full of gold bars some richfucks keep there for shits and giggles
>Give them 10 minutes of planning while i take a shit
>Come back and ask if they have any questions, they have none
>Ask their plan, they say it's a secret
>Fine then, if that's what you want
>Their plan culminates into driving a car full of plastic explosives through the bank's front, blowing it up with dozens of bystanders dead, several more in critical condition
>Can't get into the vault because they used all the explosives on the car and they couldn't hack a computer with the password written on the screen
>Cops, HTR, vigilantes and everything comes in there to get the group
>They go on a cop killing rampage with their machine guns while threatening an innocent they are convinced is able to open the vault door
>3 rounds later HTR team kill them all
>Apparently my fault for not catering the game to them and letting them be terrorists without consequences
>>
>>48057670
Crimethink.
>>
>>48058331
Christ, the worst part of this is that sounds like so much fun if they had just been like "Oh shit we fucked up" Then just ran away and had to play out the consequences of that.
>>
File: Tracks in sand.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Tracks in sand.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48048539
iugh
>>
>>48034613
Rut?
>>
>>48058531
>be me
>see that post on this thread
>consider posting pdf I just made
>decide against reposting my own stuff when not overtly needed
>another anon posts it anyway
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>48046954
>SHITLORD
>Defending an aspie

You have to go back.
>>
>>48050280
As a guy who plays low wisdom characters I would do this.

Here is some stupidity on my part and a friends

>work in office building like workaholics
>my character is the CEO's son so I can't be fired
>Friend is a bro party guy 420 blaze it smk weed ery day!
>rocks fall from sky must be terrorists plot
>we go to dads panic room on the top floor because Super Waltarget Mart cares for it's employees
>we get there no alcohol or booze just my characters dad and a fuckton of lube and porn
>Leave to find women and alcohol
>building isn't stable holes all over it
Que alien invasion sound effects
>red strings start floating down from the sky our characters are confused
>jokingly dare a friend to touch one GM is taken aback when friend agrees
>string burrows into his arm he screams and grabs a nearby broken piece of glass promptly shoves it through his arm
>laugh at his stupidity
>meet up with 3rd guy pretty normal just quite
>me and friend both agree he knows how to get ladies and alcohol so we follow him
>downstairs lobby is on fire well shit
>friend dares me to jump into fire
Whynot.jpg
>Jump into fire GM is has adapted and is no longer thrown of by our stupidity

Later on infected style zombies are revealed our characters think there just people high on bath salts name them tweekers avoid them as the only smart character convinces us that tweekers ruin parties so if we associate with them no party for us. Sometimes it's fun to turn your brain off and just go with the flow of stupidity
>>
>>48033391
>rogue
It's spelled rouge dumbass.
>>
>>48034088
/WLG/ - Wew Lad General

I can thank god every fucking day that I'm not this guy, and I'm blessed to not have people like this guy at my table.
>>
>>48050005
Considering they're being contentious assholes for OOC reasons, at this point just tell them to cut it with their shit or get kicked. Losing one or two players is infinitely preferable to losing an entire game.
>>
>>48034613
Only tried and true autist I ever played with was actually a super pleasant dude and quality player. He was eccentric and didn't have many friends, but he wasn't particularly strange (only about as off-putting as your average weeb). In-game, I was way more That Guy than he ever was, so that should speak to the quality of both our characters.
>>
>>48046954

It's not like he posted any of his personal info or anything. Holy shit nigger grow some fucking skin and get over it.

>Inb4 he's actually getting pissed cause he does the same dramatic bullshit to his group all the time
>>
>>48050005

H is alpha, T is beta. T should be thanking him.
>>
>>48058051
Critical fails are the worst houserule.
>>
>>48060883
DM for that group. Are you H, because yesterday H literally said T should thank him for being there for the fight instead of going and playing minecraft.
>>
>>48057869

Fuckkkk me that sounds awful and the perfectly wrong game for him to be running. I dont really know much about SR but isn't it all about being criminals?
>>
>>48062008
You could play super nice criminals who track down the car owners and pay them 110% the worth of the car. It's got a license plate and you could just use the net for the info. Leave them a nice email "hey, stolle your car but heres 110% the price. Sorry. Know that its for a good cause as this will inevitably help us liberate child soldiers from a nike sweatshop factory."
Maybe email the cops while you're at it so you could keep a running list of how much jail time you'll owe them when you're done and where they can pick you up to xone along quiet and peacefully.
It's not hard not being a giant dick bag.
>>
>>48058051
Yeah that's fucking stupid, like a weapon really has a 5% chance to break every time you use it? narrating critical failures can be enjoyable sometimes but you gotta change up what happens and not inconvenience the player more than already failing the roll
>>
File: girlslaughing.jpg (11 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
girlslaughing.jpg
11 KB, 238x212
>>48046954
>unironically using "shitlord"
>>
>>48034843
What a coincidence, I just read that doujin.
>>
>>48035693

Thank you, that was very informative.
>>
File: 1464739750188.gif (2 MB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
1464739750188.gif
2 MB, 420x236
>>48062263
>pic related, every other Shadowrunner in the setting
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.