[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ what is chivalry to you in your gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1466582337343.jpg (663 KB, 1632x2326) Image search: [Google]
1466582337343.jpg
663 KB, 1632x2326
/tg/

what is chivalry to you in your gaming
>>
dead & buried then exhumed, desecrated and buried again
>>
It's dead, and I think Game of Thrones is what killed it.
>>
>>48031037
Chivalry is dead. I should know, I killed it.
>>
Honor and decency. Thus it's more of a luxury then a rigid social norm.
>>
>>48031101
It was dead but not cold by that point.

GoT just did unspeakable things to the body.
>>
File: Mister-Rogers.jpg (210 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
Mister-Rogers.jpg
210 KB, 680x383
>>48031037
Behold
>The 10 commandments of playing ttgs with my buds

>1
Don't be a dick to the other players. Be excellent to eachother

>2
If another player is being a dick, point it out in a tactful way. if you're worried about them taking it the wrong way, or if you don't want the game to be slowed, talk about it openly after the session is over

>3
Always be willing to give help and advice when asked, look up rules when people need them, and be willing to hump around the rule books or pay for some of the food if no one else will

>4
Don't gab about the rules and RaW unless its either a serious infraction occuring, or if asked. No one likes a smarty pants, so don't be a snob about it.

>5
Be willing to roll with the GM's homerules, so long as everyone else is having fun with it. If you have a problem with it, discuss it with him civilly after the game, and possibly with the others.

>6
Don't try to outshine or steal spotlight from the other players when they're trying to have their fair shot. If they are hogging it, talk to them politely about it

>7
If I'm not having fun, or if I'm being nothing but a detriment or a burden to the group, politely leave and make sure the DM understands why it is you are leaving

>8
Try to make characters that either fit, or contrast exceedingly well with the party. Know your party and the tone of the adventure, and be cooperative about it

>9
Don't indulge in fetishes, unless its cool with the party (talk to them first), or its just some mutual OoC banter and fun.

>10
Be respectful and, most of all, excellent to each other dudes and dudettes.
>>
A bunch of pretentious bullshit exposed by hypocritical aristocrats during times of peace, only to be forgotten the second an actual war starts.
>>
>>48032074
Be the change you want to see in the hobby.
>>
Basically a code of rights and conducts that only applies to landed gentry or, practically speaking anyone wealthy enough to pay a ransom.
>>
>>48032562
But this is the code that I follow anon, why would you imply otherwise? That doesn't sound like an excellent thing for you to do.
>>
>>48032074
/thread desu senpai
>>
>>48031037
Whatever knights want it to be. Much like the real chivalric code, it is highly flexible and interpret-able based on the knight and the kingdom. It is mostly in place to glorify combat and to TRY to control young men-at-arms.
>>
File: 1456345637134.jpg (101 KB, 800x1103) Image search: [Google]
1456345637134.jpg
101 KB, 800x1103
>>48031037
To keep things short, to me chivalry is selflessness. Dedicating your life to the protection of those who cannot protect themselves.

>>48032378
>>48032597
>>48032946
>what is chivalry
>to you
>in your gaming
You guys must be a blast to play with.
>>
To give all that you can to those who need it.
Your money, your time, your ears to listen, your body to shield, your shoulder to bear them on.
>>
>>48031037
It means I always open doors and pull out chairs for our girl player.

I also buy her dinner when we break for food.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.