[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorin vs. Nahiri: Showdown Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: 1466008524424.jpg (284 KB, 1229x636) Image search: [Google]
1466008524424.jpg
284 KB, 1229x636
Sorin and co. mobilized their knight army in this week's UR. Is Liliana safe once he's done with Nahiri? Does he have any fucks left to give towards Innistrad?
>>
Sorin is getting BTFO, basically confirmed.
>>
>>48030803

>Sorin giving the fuck up on the home he swore to protect, all he cares about now is choking a bitch for ruining his magnum opus

>Liliana mobilizing an army to defend a land she has no obligation to defend because the man she cares about is about to get himself killed trying to play hero, and she needs him to need her because twisted self-centered Black worldview can be kinda cheesy and romantic in its own way

Literally "Sorin gets BTFO: the block."

Also it's really funny watching Liliana do the Black-aligned tsundere mental gymnastics routine. I can already see her saying "it's not like I came here to save you or anything, Cloak Boy!"
>>
>>48030803
>>48031038
Wizards made Sorin a designated villain so they wouldn't feel bad about killing him off at the end of the block. Sure, they had to contradict the fuck out of his established character, and pull some seriously convoluted bullshit out of their asses, but who cares? They get to kill off a character they arbitrarily don't like, and the fangirls won't care at all!
>>
>>48031327
I have no idea where the "Wizards made Sorin the bad guy to please the evil essjaydublus" crowd is getting their intel from
>>
>>48031327
I think Wizards created a very weird rivalry between the two, like they're both idiots and all could be avoided had both sides decided to calm down and have Markov Manor Tea time. I feel like there's so much more to explore for both of them, from their fall from grace to their eventual redemption.
I foresee Sorin getting a huge reality check while Nahiri realizing the fact that she genocided a whole plane because of a hasty decision.

But knowing Wizards they'll probably write Nahiri being in the right cause muh women and all that.

Please don't die Sorin
>>
>>48031392
Where in that post did I say anything about SJW, again?
>>
File: 1465865300126.jpg (69 KB, 712x750) Image search: [Google]
1465865300126.jpg
69 KB, 712x750
>Killing off Sorin

He's gonna get stuck in the moon with Emrakul so they can bring him back as a villain like they did with Nahiri
>>
>>48031413
Most of the time when people talk about Wizards forcing Sorin to be "the bad guy" they do it with the implication they're doing it to please the tumblr crowd like >>48031406

Sorry if I assumed wrong, but its still pretty obvious Sorin isn't the designated bad guy
>>
>>48031327
>SORIN DID NOTHING WRONG
>FUCK BITCHES

>>48031406
It's mostly Sorin getting his comeuppance for his hubris.

And if anything the existence of the Gatewatch will help both him and Nahiri mellow out since they'll actually honor the promise to protect when called upon. Pass the torch to a less arrogant (though still kinda arrogant) generation and all that.
>>
>>48031451

Seriously. Nahiri is very much the designated Villain. You literally have a band of protagonists forming to stop her.
>>
>>48031413

Because of the genders involved in the active ol' walkers, people get their SJW in there.

Personally, the fight between Nahiri and Sorin works independent of their genders.
>>
>>48031451
>its still pretty obvious Sorin isn't the designated bad guy
Oh yeah, because the "Nahiri was in the Helvault!!!11" retcon makes total sense, and is definitely not some asspull excuse for her to destroy best plane and get away with it.
>>
>>48031482

Nahiri's only not completely a villian because she got locked up for 1000 years because Sorin wanted to pull rank.
>>
>>48031466
As much as I like Nahiri I think after she's inevitably told about Zendikar being alright a good end for her would be to planeswalk back there and see that the home she fought so hard for and gave up on so quickly is actually recovering causes her to sort of snap out of her rage and realize what she's done before committing suicide.
>>
>>48031327
>Sure, they had to contradict the fuck out of his established character
"Fuck everyone except myself [but I gotta keep Innistrad going]" is his established character.
Now that the bracketed part is no longer available, it's all he's got left.
Remember: both Sorin and Nahiri fully bought into Ugin's disinformation and believe the Eldrazi cannot be stopped, no matter what. Sorin has already given up on Innistrad. He just wants revenge now.
>>
>>48031494
Yeah it does make sense. Sorin is a total asshole. He's always been an asshole. Sure he's done alot more good than bad in his life, but he has always looked after Sorin first, Innistrad second, everything else a way distant third
>>
>>48031556
Oldwalkers are assholes.

At least Liliana's doing alright for a queen bitch.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
What's the deal, exactly?

Why is Sigarda the only Angel to resist the corruption. Even Avacyn fell, and she is untainted.
>>
>>48030302
Didn't Soring walk right the fuck out of Innistrad as soon as Emrakul showed up?
These fucking retcons are getting worse than Marvel.
>>
>>48031673
Hexproof nigga
>>
>>48031451
It's quite obvious that Nahiri is the queen bitch and all that. But I find that they're trying to paint it as that it's not black and white between the two.
It's just the justification of the two are completely stupid and childish but then they're oldwalkers and i think you have to be quite the arrogant egoist and stubborn prick to actually be an oldwalker.
>>
>>48031674

Never heard that.
>>
>>48031482
Watch as they expect us to forgive her because evil badguy Sorin put her in the corner for muh gazillion years.
>>
>>48031556
I could actually see that if somehow someway Sorin and Nahiri calmed down, they could just go to Ugin and be all what the fuck you scaled cunt.
>>
>>48031693
Emrakul's corruption is clearly not a thing that targets, it planewipes.
>>
>>48031674
He didn't Planeswalk, he just left the cathedral without talking to Jace or Tami. It was just poorly worded in the story

>>48031713
Yeah and? Godlike power tends to make people pricks
>>
>>48031673
The angelic mindraping was conducted in alphabetical order.

Sigarda was to be the last.

>>48031726
Not really, because getting imprisoned for such a long time doesn't excuse summoning an eldritch monstrosity and committing planar omnicide.

It's a twisted karmic justice, but not one that you can absolve Nahiri of unless you're an absolute sociopath.
>>
>>48031747

2/4 greater angels can avoid eldrazi corruption.

Too bad Avacyn killed the black white angel.
>>
>>48031747
Read old Sigarda. Can't target her and she prevents you from saccing permanents.

The anti-annhilator
>>
>>48031730
>nearly every Planeswalker involved in the Eldrazi arc just fucking teleports into Tarkir and yells at Ugin

>Jace drops the bombshell that they blew up Emrakul

>Ugin is like FOOL, YOU MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDER, GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>out of fucking nowhere, Narset pops in and asks to hang out with the cool kids, Jace starts panicking at the thought of yet another female planeswalker being added to the entourage
>>
>>48031761

Getting Helvaulted sucked, but her getting Helvaulted resulting in the release of the Eldrazi and the destruction of Zendikar (which is how she sees it) is pretty much unforgiveable. As far as she is concerned, Sorin let a petty grudge undo her entire life's work and destroy her home plane. A grudge that amounted to "I'm older than you, so I don't have to keep promises".

If you believe, as Nahiri and Sorin do, that the Elrazi cannot be destroyed, only contained... then Nahiri has two choices:

Do nothing. Sorin goes unpunished for his betrayal, and entire planes of people die.

Direct Emrakul to Innistrad. Sorin gets his punishment. Entire planes of people will still die.

Someone is getting their plane eaten no matter what. Its only 'fair' that if Nahiri has to lose her home, Sorin does too.
>>
The fuck is with the timing on the Hellvault anyway? Did she just get kicked out and stumble away like a hungover one-nighter? How and when did she get the crazy from Emy? How did this bullshit plot come about the way it did? Why is The Bitch, The Bitch?
>>
>>48031836
>The fuck is with the timing on the Hellvault anyway? Did she just get kicked out and stumble away like a hungover one-nighter?
Everyone got kicked out of the Helvault at the same time. And yes, she stumbled out not too far away from Liliana and Thalia. She immediately planeswalked away in a confused panic since she was still reeling from not being an oldwalker anymore.
>How and when did she get the crazy from Emy?
She does not get her madness from Emrakul.
>How did this bullshit plot come about the way it did?
Sorin and Nahiri were both petty and obstinate, and a misunderstanding led to completely undeserved punishments for both sides.
>Why is The Bitch, The Bitch?
Because she was trapped in 1000 years of darkness and only held onto her sanity by dreaming up a pretty picture of perfect Zendikar, and the second thing she sees after planeswalking out of the darkness is an entire continent devoured by Ulamog.
She's cracked in the head.
>>
>>48031815
Fuck off waifufag.
When someone crosses you, you kill them, not their whole town.

Nahiri is a cunt and needs to die. Sorin actually went to look after Zendikar when he was stronger and sensed danger. It's not his fault you can't reason with the PMSing ragecunts, the racist whinecunts, or the whole entourage of idiots playing Bolas' game.
>>
>>48031815
Like I said, karmic justice.

It is, however, still an absolutely horrific and unforgiveable act. A villain can have a sympathetic origin story, but it doesn't absolve them of their crime.

>>48031883
Cracked in the head doesn't begin to describe it.

Imagine what the Red-White color identity stands for. It's a passionate color pair that likes it when things are working as they are intended to be working. Now imagine what happens when it gets fucking pissed.

You get Nahiri. Pissed off, vindictive, and looking to meet an eye for an eye.
>>
>>48031836
She's spent at least two years plotting to destroy Innistrad instead of searching for Ugin, or taking a second look at how Zendikar isn't actually destroyed.
>>
>>48031909
>Sorin actually went to look after Zendikar when he was stronger and sensed danger
Perhaps because he felt some slimy measure of guilt at the fact that he trapped Zendikar's protector in a rock and didn't think about her for 1000 years?
Oh wait that's exactly what happened
>The notion of shame had long since evaporated from Sorin. Over the millennia, Sorin's human frailties and neurosis had grown, blossomed, and withered away—he was as immune to regret as he was to old age. And yet, for the first time in years, an uncomfortable feeling grew within him, an unpleasant itch, the sense that he was responsible—solely—for something important going awry. It wasn't remorse exactly, just a dull, discordant echo ringing in the space where remorse had once resided.
>>
>>48031982
Except that quote is from long after the Zendikar block.
>>
File: complete lies.jpg (153 KB, 460x593) Image search: [Google]
complete lies.jpg
153 KB, 460x593
>>48031909
This post is edgier than Sorin is
>>
>>48031944
>sympathetic
she got in the way of a millennia old vampire

that's like willingly lying on the train tracks
>>
>>48031883
>She's not even Eldrazi crazy

I didn't realise I could hate her more.
>>
>>48031996
Do you think he went to Zendikar after the Eye of Ugin's alarm rung because he swore a promise, or because he knew Nahiri wasn't going to deal with it?
Remember: when he's not fighting for Innistrad's safety, Sorin is pure black.
>>
I literally do not give a shit what happens to any of these people anymore. Post-Tarkir Magic lore is absolute garbage.
>>
>>48031997
It's kinda correct.

Both Sorin and Nahiri acted like oldwalker shits in the past. Sorin was too arrogant because that's who he is, and Nahiri jeopardized the process because she wanted senpai to notice her, and, dammit, oldwalkers get what they want.

But Nahiri is 100% in the wrong in dragging Innistrad into their feud. Millions, possibly billions (remember, there are confirmed other continents on Innistrad) of people totally unrelated to Sorin save by geographical proximity to his place of birth, are going to die because of something they had no hand in. Wanting him to suffer is natural, but good people don't give in to that urge when it means inflicting death and pain on innocent people.
>>
>>48032053
>I literally do not give a shit what happens to any of these people anymore. Post-Time Spiral Magic lore is absolute garbage.
>I literally do not give a shit what happens to any of these people anymore. Post-Apocalypse Magic lore is absolute garbage.
>I literally do not give a shit what happens to any of these people anymore. Post-Brother's War Magic lore is absolute garbage.
>>
>>48032043
Probably because the alarm rung.

Remember, Sorin only missed the first meeting because he'd accidentally blocked the signal. We have no indication that he ever intended to renege on the trio's deal. The mere fact that he got it just prior to the Zendikar block shows that he at the very least cared enough to fix whatever problem was interfering with the alarm.
>>
Sorin deserves getting his dick kicked off for being such a fucking cunt, Nahiri deserves to get her shit pushed in for kicking a whole plane's dick off when she should have just thrown down with Sorin. Hopefully they beat the shit out of each other.
Liliana is gonna fight with the Superfriends, but be overwhelmed before Planeswoofer and the Cool Cathars show up and save their asses.
It'd also be nice to see Sorin/Nahiri get a look at what an actual function team looks like, for extra BTFO.
>>
>>48032069
I wouldn't say she's in the right, but she's definitely correct in her scope. In her mind, the people of Zendikar that Nahiri protects are doomed because of Sorin's actions. Therefore, an eye for an eye dictates that the people of Innistrad that Sorin protects must be doomed by Nahiri's actions.
Their quality of being protected by Sorin therefore dictates the same fate to befall as the ones protected by Nahiri.
>>
>>48031955
Zendikar's been marching towards the brink of destruction until recently. Ugin didn't swing by the first time the eldrazi broke out and he most certainly didn't the second time the lock broke (keeping in mind that he wasn't able to until well after the eldrazi were free) so as far as she's concerned he's probably dead.
>>
File: fag enabler.jpg (49 KB, 252x244) Image search: [Google]
fag enabler.jpg
49 KB, 252x244
>>48032069
I don't think anyone is arguing Nahiri's a goody two shoes did nothing wrong but she's just doing to Innistrad what she let them do to Zendikar.

Millions of her own people have probably died between the few minor Eldrazi breakouts and finally Rise of the Eldrazi. She's in full eye for an eye justice mode.

And all Sorin ever had to do was explain himself

If Nahiri's being a stubborn hardhead it's because she was taught by the king of stubborn hardheads
>>
>>48032069
fuck me, post got deleted.

Long story short, it's not enough to make Sorin bleed. He has to suffer. Nahiri was locked away in the Helvault and in her absence Zendikar got assraped by Eldrazi. She holds Sorin culpable for Zendikar's devastation, and that means making him feel the pain of having his home torn apart and being unable to do a damn thing about it.

Making him snuff out Avacyn personally? Not enough.
Annihilating his (admittedly estranged) family? Not enough.
Subverting the church that helped to empower humanity enough that it wouldn't go extinct? Not enough.

Everything must be torn apart. And at the front of it all, an Eldrazi titan, a symbol of the responsibility he shunned.

"As Zendikar bled, so shall Innistrad.
As I have wept, so will Sorin."
>>
>>48032130
>I wouldn't say she's in the right, but she's definitely correc
She' not, Zendikar died because she was incapable of communication.
She knew Sorin's personality full well, she knew he would dismiss her at first.
She decided to attack him, she decided to continue fighting him when he showed not to be well.
She got herself locked, could have got herself killed, but she will face no consequences because she is a woman.

If Nahiri was a man this would be a classic case of the scorpion and the frog. And everyone would facetiously blame korfag for getting-in-the-way-of-a-millenia-old-vampire. But tits override responsability and accountability granting you a horde of waifufags who are willing to forgive anything and kiss the dirt you walk on.
>>
>>48032341
>Zendikar died because she was incapable of communication.
>She knew Sorin's personality full well, she knew he would dismiss her at first.
>She decided to attack him, she decided to continue fighting him when he showed not to be well.
This argument seems pretty hollow.
"She KNEW Sorin was an arrogant asshole! She should have just dealt with it!"
>>
File: 1437430884315.jpg (66 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
1437430884315.jpg
66 KB, 600x469
>>48032341
>But tits override responsability and accountability granting you a horde of waifufags
>waifufags

If Avacyn and her angels were a bunch of dudes instead of thigh high wearing titty monsters no one would be as angry about what's going on right now
>>
>>48032341
Nigger please, oldwalkers are stubborn assholes no matter what primary sex characteristic they possess.
>>
>>48032130
>>48032235
>Therefore, an eye for an eye dictates
>She's in full eye for an eye justice mode

This is the problem.

Eye for an eye is not a noble or correct modus. Especially when it pulls entirely innocent people into the mix. She is pretty evil in this exchange.

I'd say that the statement of her scope being correct is the opposite of the case. She's wrong because she's allowing the idea of scope enter into her concept of justice. Any sane concept of justice is not about matching the scope of a misdeed with another misdeed (or, indeed, a righteous deed - when a killer steals something, we don't give away something of equal value and consider the overall scales of life balanced by said act of charity) - it is about addressing the wrong.
>>
>>48032235
>she's just doing to Innistrad what she let them do to Zendikar.
>what she let them do to Zendikar.
>she let them do
>she let them
>she

That's the problem people don't seem to be willing or able to understand.
She destroyed Zendikar, not Sorin, not Ugin, not even Ulamog.
She killed her plane when she attacked Sorin.
>>
>>48032341
He didn't even dismiss her.

He said he couldn't do anything at that moment. She didn't even allow him to explain why.
>>
>>48032395
>Eye for an eye is not a noble or correct modus
Morality is not objective, Kant.
>>
>>48032235
>And all Sorin ever had to do was explain himself
Yeah, genocide a world because someone wasn't a morning person. Literal victim blaming, #triggered

I wonder if the other walkers will get hyper nervous whenever Nahiri visits their plane, answer very quickly and respectfully for fear she'll invent some slight and start another apocalypse.
>>
File: 1461632902707.png (2 MB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
1461632902707.png
2 MB, 1916x1076
>>48032406
Sorin did it when he locked her up for a thousand fucking years.

If he'd kicked her off Zendikar telling her never to return or even just killed her then and there, none of this would have happened.

It was being stuck in the Helvault for thousands of years surrounded by who the hell knows what demons that caused her to go full "I am going to burn his fucking house down" mode
>>
>>48032313
And why should this creature not be destroyed like the rabid dog it is?
Sorin, Ugin, Liliana or Gideon better kill her and drag her corpse through the planes as a warning to not intentionally seek to destroy planes.
>>
Why is it ok when Sorin acts like a selfish asshole, but it's not ok when Nahiri acts like a rules enforcing bitch?

It's literally both sides taking their color identities to an extreme. The only argument Sorin really has in his defense is that it's rude for someone to invite themselves into another's home and make demands, but those demands in a vacuum were quite valid; Sorin played a part in imprisoning the Eldrazi, he should follow through instead of weakening himself to empower a personal security system of his own design back home.
>>
Liliana card.
>>
>>48032456
clearly garruk needs to clean house
>>
>>48032463
>Why is it ok when Sorin acts like a selfish asshole

Planes genocided:
Sorin: 0
Nahiri: 1

Any more questions?
>>
>>48032420
Correct.

However, we have to frame our understanding of morality in a human context, otherwise it has no use to us.

Also get fucked Nietzsche, go cry some more about Lou Salomé.
>>
>>48032367
If your boss is a senile asshole and forgot to sign your check you go talk it through even if he's busy and dismissing at first. You don't pick up a fucking chair, assault him and then blame the company for ending up in jail.
>>
>>48032369
I'd still be angry about the werewolves, geists and vampires. Also tricorns.
>>
>>48032500
Sorin promised Nahiri he'd be there if she needed him

She sounds the alarm he doesn't show up

When she gets there to ask what's up he's in the middle of creating his own planar defense system that conveniently blocks out her distress signal

Sorin is a known hyper selfish asshole. Dumping the Eldrazi off on her then never coming back is within character.

I'd be suspicious as fuck too
>>
>>48032480
does it come in human language?
>>
>>48032500
>If your boss spent all night installing new locks in the office doors and forgot to inform his employees that salaries are getting slashed due to budget cuts, you go talk it through even if he's busy and dismissing at first. You don't pick up a fucking chair, assault him and then blame the company for ending up in jail.

Tight budget.
>>
>>48032463
It's not.

Both acted like pricks. Nahiri is wrong for the very obvious reason that she is intentionally killing billions of innocent people over a misunderstanding.

Ultimately, I can only judge either planeswalker on their eventual actions. Sorin, after sealing away Nahiri, fixed whatever problem was interfering with Zendikar's alarm system and made a habit of returning to the plane to prevent it from being eaten inside out. Nahiri, after escaping, decided to annihilate an entire world in rage. No matter how pigheaded either of them was, Sorin is still the moral superior, which is pretty ironic since he is literally wizards no sense of right and wrong.
>>
>>48032454
She's still responsible for Zendikar's demise and since that is the crux of her vengeance she is responsible for Innistrad's demise as well.

You don't play russian roullete when you know the cure for cancer and haven't passed the knowledge. You don't attack an misantropic oldwalker who just created a terminator when your plane depends entirely on your safety.

Nahiri did EVERYTHING wrong. She does not desserve sympathy, she does not desserve vengeance, all she desserves is hatred, scorn and a painful death.
>>
>>48032579
>Billions

Look, Innistrad is what, 1600s/1700s?

There weren't even a billion people on Earth until the 1900s, and we weren't constantly being hunted by fucking werewolves and shit.

Chill on the "muh holocaust" here, Emrakul's only just emerged and the Justice League is on the way. Casualties are probably going to be in the thousands and that's about it
>>
>>48032423
If the Jacetice League knows Nahiri summoned Emrakul and don't kill or imprison her, they will be advocating genocide and giving up any semblance of justice or planar protection.
>>
>>48032636

Question here:

What happens when a corrupted thing dies? Can Liliana raise them to fight back? If so, Liliana/Gisa have a pretty big advantage.
>>
>>48032636
I just assume it has lots of people on it, it's an entire dimension, right?

Either way, the eventual casualties are irrelevant, as Nahiri is attempting to kill everything and everyone.

>>48032617
Eh, she's somewhat sympathetic, even if I agree that she partially (partially, not fully) brought a lot of what has happened on herself. In an ideal world, the superfriends and co would get her to reverse everything and sit down for a merry hallowthanksmas. This, of course, will not happen.
>>
>>48032494
Actually sorin talks as if he has at least a dozen under his belt
>>
>>48032579
A misunderstanding Sorin had no interest in rectifying.

And his half-assed idea of making sure Zendikar doesn't explode in Eldrazi goo led to Nissa doing a dumb and unleashing the Eldrazi anyway at which point he gave up and bounced.

Fucker like him couldn't even bother to let Nahiri out to try and patch things up, he just wrote Zendikar off as a lost cause.

Feuds between oldwalkers, you don't want to be caught up in them.
>>
>>48032463
It's not ok, but Sorin and Sorin supporters aren't claiming there is justice, fairness, or balance in genocide and ruining a fan-favorite setting.

No matter what happens after she summoned Emraku, keeping Nahiri around and unpunished, or worse, letting her into the Jacetice Leage, would be equal to allowing Green Goblin to be an avenger after Dark Reign or letting Darth Vader survive and become a jedi again after RotJ.

There are things you can't walk back on and it's not Sorin who is commiting those things with two years of preparation.
>>
>>48032708
>Either way, the eventual casualties are irrelevant, as Nahiri is attempting to kill everything and everyone.

You know she said "Innistrad will bleed" not "Innistrad will fucking die", for all we know her end game is letting Sorin/Innistrad suffer a bit before locking Emrakul away in the moon so Innistrad can suffer having one of those things locked up on it just like Zendikar did. As much as she hates Sorin now I can't see her just willfully letting Eldrazi roam free after she's done.
>>
File: 1415257725431.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1415257725431.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>48032760
>ruining a fan-favorite setting

If Innistrad is the horror movie plane then all Emrakul's really done is introduce it to The Thing. It's not like Zendikar style Eldrazi monsters are roaming around, they're pretty on theme for the plane.
>>
>>48032480
The key art is cute as fuck and we get this creepy CGI shit instead.

Anyway translating from monkey spanish
>Put a 2/2 black zombie in the battlefield, you lose 1 life.
>Search target player's graveyard for a creature card and put it in their graveyard, that player shuffles.
>Get an emblem with "sacrifice a creature, target creature gets -2/-2 ueot"

A slightly better Zombie Infestation.
>>
>>48031327
In what conceivable way has Sorin acted like a villain in this block?
>>
>>48032799
If anything Eldrazi made Innistrad better, whereas they made Zendikar worse.
>>
>>48032751
>A misunderstanding Sorin had no interest in rectifying.

He did actually try to explain why he couldn't leave at that moment. And he did indeed tell her why he didn't answer the summons (rather, he said it aloud, as he had just figured it out himself). But I was referring more to Nahiri's later misunderstanding that all of Zendikar is dead.

>>48032751
>And his half-assed idea of making sure Zendikar doesn't explode in Eldrazi goo led to Nissa doing a dumb and unleashing the Eldrazi anyway at which point he gave up and bounced

Eh, he tried.

>Fucker like him couldn't even bother to let Nahiri out to try and patch things up

If he could open up the Helvault whenever he wanted, he would have done so when Avacyn was trapped in there.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_Hsa8OHnoib.jpg (330 KB, 750x779) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_Hsa8OHnoib.jpg
330 KB, 750x779
>>48032835
the full art of this card was painted, not "CGI"..

it always looks that way because its a massive painting sized down to card size.

Ulamog, for instance, was entirely paint.
>>
>>48032799
>The Thing
Oh fug. I want Drazi'd Thing In The Ice. With Meld.
>>
>>48032835
Yeah. That's fucking broken as a 2 mana walker. Clearly designed by someone who has no idea how to make low cost walkers
>>
>>48032836
He's just being overly paranoid about SJW shit.

I'm one of the other anons that believes Nahiri to be just as wrong as Sorin, if not moreso for her later actions, but this other guy is just preemptively reacting to WotC pandering as though it's already happened.

Maybe it will. But there's been no sign of it yet.
>>
>>48032835
>>Search target player's graveyard for a creature card and put it in their graveyard, that player shuffles.
dude what
>>
>>48032913
Not to mention it makes 2/2s at TWO FUCKING MANA
And the ult is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>48032540
Soring goes to explain why he can't go right in that instant and the bitch attacks him with stalagmites.
Fuck Nahiri, she did everything wrong.
>>
>>48032480

Source? It's a little too coincidental that we get the art in an article, then the card magically gets leaked. It's already happened when the name got leaked.
>>
>>48032913
reanimation or shit like Gravecrawler
>>
>>48032950
>>48032983
Read that sentence again
>>
>>48032761
>You know she said "Innistrad will bleed" not "Innistrad will fucking die", for all we know her end game is letting Sorin/Innistrad suffer a bit before locking Emrakul away in the moon so Innistrad can suffer having one of those things locked up on it just like Zendikar did. As much as she hates Sorin now I can't see her just willfully letting Eldrazi roam free after she's done.
So you think her plan is to enable Emrakul to destroy the planet's defenses, then singlehandedly lock away the threat which originally took three oldwalkers to deal with?
>>
>>48032913

It's a mistranslation. The -2 is a targeted, creature only Entomb
>>
>>48032708
>Eh, she's somewhat sympathetic
Shes not, when you push the nuclear button you become the villain. That's why nobody has done it lately.
>>
File: 100 percent.jpg (27 KB, 463x330) Image search: [Google]
100 percent.jpg
27 KB, 463x330
>>48033024
I said I think it's an option. They didn't have a giant ball of magical prison material hanging in the sky on Zendikar
>>
>>48033044
>sorin locks emrakul in the moon
>also locks nahiri in there for spite
that would be an acceptable ending
>>
>>48033041
The only option oldwalkers know are nuclear.

Or are you vaginas going to start calling Urza a vile fuck worse than Yawgmoth now?
>>
>>48033085
Yawgmoth did nothing wrong.
>>
>>48032799
Innistrad already had The Thing flavor and Eldrazi are incompatible with any flavor but themselves since their whole existence and purpose is consuming and deleting planes from the multiverse so that others may be born.

Why is captcha being such a bitch today
>>
The real problem is the overwhelming strength of Sorin's combo chains.
He always sets up with a jump-in fierce kick (which is predictable enough), but his one-two fast-strong punch chain is almost unblockable thanks to the stun effect of the first kick, and it segues perfectly into his Crimson Shakizuki Cyclone move for ANOTHER stacking 4 to 6 hits with high move priority and bonus from the previous chain, which can be restarted with his low double-back knee and leads into his Ultra Dohaku Crimson Shakizuki Cyclone Super Arts which STILL chains his combos together for another 7 high damage hits chained into it!
Even Nahiri's Odango Roku Shaku Omoni Taku Super Art can't compete with that kind of damage output!
>>
>>48032761
Oh shit that's the perfect play for Wizards to let her off the hook.
>>
>>48033113
>>
>>48033113
Yeah but Nahiri's Stone Rain Upper has insane blockstun and sets up her Burning Vengeance loop.

Seriously for a rushdown character she has insane projectile action that absolutely shuts down Sorin's poke game.
>>
>>48033085
Well, he was a vile fuck, anyway. Not worse than Yawgmoth, but Urza was not a nice person. There are literally entire books about how not a nice person Urza is.
>>
File: fuckingtakemymoney.png (350 KB, 576x700) Image search: [Google]
fuckingtakemymoney.png
350 KB, 576x700
>>48033113
>>48033197
>an MtG fighting game
>>
>>48032480
Fake as fuck
Planeswalker cards have a "pop-out" effect. This one doesn't
>>
>>48033340
Dude don't get me started on Teferi's lame as hell timerscam tactics.

>phase out is a simple half circle forward motion
>literally phases out of existence for 10 seconds straight
>can buffer phase out so that it comes out immediately after he phases in
>costs no meter
>all you have to do is poke the enemy and then spam phase out, walking the clock to zero, THANKS OBAMA
>>
>>48031556
>: both Sorin and Nahiri fully bought into Ugin's disinformation and believe the Eldrazi cannot be stopped, no matter what.
Enjoy your new Ulamog made out of Gisela and Bruna, you pizza shit.
>>
>>48033423
>Playing a Venser clone.
>>
>>48033423
>Not using JtMS' down-B-up attack to break the phase and stun him
>Not using that combination to break every form of grounded evasion and follow up with a mindswipe and hydroblast wombo-combo
>>
>>48033544
Venser's even more obnoxious.
He flickers the opponent so they're stuck unable to do anything, unless they burn a super move, which only gets you out of the blink.

I mean sure, getting blinked makes your meter crawl up so it's really just a free escape over time, but having the blink effect cancel the attack feels so meh.

Could be worse, though.

Could be Karn. Fucker can just reset rounds whenever he has full meter. Devs thought it was balanced because Karn loses in one round but still has to beat his opponent twice like any other character, but he can just reset whenever things look shitty for him.
>>
>>48033594
>Have to build up a stupid special meter with gimmick key presses, which leave you vulnerable during each activation just to active Karn's special
>B-but you can just reset at full meter
>B-but the meter carries over between rounds
Yeah, good luck have anyone competent let you reach full meter with Karn.
>>
>>48033580
>Playing Jace when he gets owned instantly by a Garruk player who knows what he's doing.
>Playing literally anyone else but Garruk.

I hope you fags know that a good Garruk super can hit EVERY planeswalker character hard enough to KO them from full health if you play it perfectly. Sure it's hard to pull off but a good Garruk main shits all over everyone except boss characters.
>>
>>48033113
>ftw nobody mains Gideon anymore

I don't even understand why with all the buffs he's been getting, he can perform his sundriver grab special move a fucking quarter of a screen away if you manage land his quarter forward punch sural lash.

Yeah I get hes a relatively big target, slow movement speeds and no projectile attack, his jump down fierce has an enormous fucking hitbox and priority and all of his standard and aerial, jabs, medium and fierce kicks and punches have enormous range and decant speed, with the added benefit of his fierce being able to be charged up to deliver crush damage.
>>
File: Garruk_super.png (121 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Garruk_super.png
121 KB, 223x310
>>48033644
Don't believe me? Check out this gif from last year's EVO. Just completely annihilated an Ugin from full health.
>>
>>48033644
>tfw unleashing Howling Huntsman Axe-Fist

Frame perfect timing, but so worth it.

>>48033675
>no projectile
>forgetting Gideon's Sural

That shit is unreal for a grappler.
>>
>>48033675
>No projectile?
So what? He can deflect attacks and reflect non-ranged damage.
>>
>>48032997
I was talking about the other two abilities of the card
>>
>>48030302
Sorin has no fucks left to give towards anything anymore. He's killed the closest thing he had to a progeny, seen his ancestral home obliterated and all his blood-kin murdered, and the plane that he spent so much effort and time trying to salvage and stabilise completely wrecked beyond basically any hope of repair.

He's probably going to go back to his Planeswalking Knight Errant/Wandering Psychopath shtick.
>>
>>48033644
Which Garruk? Because if you use OG Garruk, you're a faggot. If you're using Apex Predator with The Slayer skin, you're my nigga
>>
>>48031406
> like they're both idiots and all could be avoided had both sides decided to calm down and have Markov Manor Tea time

OLDWALKERS

ARE

FUCKED

This is established. They've all got their own little god complex thing going on because they essentially did used to be gods.
>>
>>48033733
Nah, he'll just be blown away so hard by the Jacetice League getting shit done that he'll be the first to commission them as interplanar guardians so he can finally fuck off and enjoy life again like he used to.

Same with Nahiri.

And now that the two of them finally have their obligations squared away, they can settle their grievances and pay Ugin a visit.
>>
>>48033340
>Tibalt is Dan Hibiki
>>
>>48033709
>>48033713
Alot of pros don't consider Gideon's sural as a projectile because its so awkward to use, seriously unlike most other projectile attacks that are launched linearly or diagonally in the air, it swings in over hand or under hand arch with quite a lengthy charge up time.
>>
>>48033785
Dan Hibiki is really good in latest games though, especially with his "down-back" and damage-ignoring punch ultra (thanks to having priority over other moves).
>>
>>48033749
Apex Predator for life. I know people say shit like he's too big of a target and that he's too slow for a rushdown character but landing the Howling Huntsman Axe-Fist and watching cucks get blown out is too good not to.
I feel like he's in a bit of an awkward spot with a lot of players though since so many pros seem to think his weaknesses can be too easily exploited but all the scrubs hate him too and call him OP cause of his super. Feels bad man
>>
>>48033789
The overhand Sural is an insane option for stuffing jump-ins, the startup is slow but the initial hitbox projects itself right around Gideon's upper torso in front of him, and it comes up fast despite what the animation looks like.

It's essentially a pocket shoryuken. Upper body is a giant fuck you zone, and from then on it just walls up any aerial game the opponent can muster, forcing them to approach from the ground where Gideon can just skullfuck with his Celestial Flare command grab.
>>
>>48032480
For something that's probably fake this is pretty well done. Correct card number, the art can be seen bleeding through the bottom and it would fit the amount of pushed that they seem to be implying that lili will be. She could literally just be her +1 and she would still be retardedly good.
>>
>>48033785
>command move that exists only to temporarily disable the button you last pressed
>every other button's attacks become stronger the more buttons you disable

>tfw landing Devil's Play for 4X damage bonus AND landing the Flashback followup command before my buttons unlock, adding another 4X damage bonus due to his Flashback mechanic working by dealing the exact same damage as the initial attack, completely bypassing damage reduction

Normally that move is jank garbage but when you get the damage multipliers online holy shit does it get crazy.
>>
>>48033077
The acceptable ending would be for Emrakul to get locked in the moon by Sorin and for Sorin and Nahiri to lock each other in the moon forever.
They're both assholes.
>>
>>48032895
Modern art haters love to bitch about CGI when they can't tell what's painted, what's digitally painted, and what's modelling.
>>
>>48032737
Talk isn't walk.
>>
>>48034048
vampires are supposed to be assholes, so he gets a pass
>>
>>48033761
Feroz was your daddy, you piss poor nigga.
>>
>>48030302
Sorin did nothing wrong, team sorin 4ever
>>
>>48032480
>Zombies CITP tapped
She doesn't even protect herself.
>>
>>48033639
>not playing tempo Karn
You aren't supposed to force it.
>>
>>48034299

Sorin did like, almost everything wrong. And Nahiri is the process of doing everything wrong.
>>
>>48033919
Hey, at least they nerfed Chandra so her teleport spam "CHANDRA FIRE! CHANDRA FIRE! CHANDRA FIRE!" bullshit doesn't work and there's a half-second cool down between the move.
>>
>>48032761

Nahiri needed forty years of prep time and Ugin and Sorin helping her to lock up the titans before, and that was with a world well-suited to containing them that Nahiri understood completely.

Nahiri did a slipshod trick to focus a lot of mana in one place with Innistrad to draw Emrakul to devour it. She couldn't lock it up afterwards even if she wanted to, and it's pretty clear since she thinks Zendikar is dead she intends for everything on Innistrad to die as well. It won't actually fix anything, and Emrakul will merrily drift on killing everything everywhere, but Nahiri will feel better.

Even if she locked up the Eldrazi now, Innistrad's ecosystem is going to collapse after this shit. Humanity barely survived one year without Avacyn, when nearly all the demons on the plane were locked up in the Helvault. If Emrakul is defeated, there's still hundreds or maybe thousands of unkillable demons, angels are basically out of the picture, the magic that has allowed humanity to survive this long doesn't work anymore, and the monsters on the plane have gone completely batshit insane and aren't exactly going to start easing up on humanity NOW. Humans go extinct in six months, tops, vampires kill each other, demons kill whatever's left, and the plane becomes a backwoods Grixis with pretty much nothing on it but demons and undead.
>>
>>48034727
>and the plane becomes a backwoods Grixis with pretty much nothing on it but demons and undead.
And Gisa and Geralf.
>>
>>48034749

Warm bodies. The Vampires would get them eventually.
>>
>>48032617
Sorinfag detected.
You make a pact with someone, agree to let an universal threat be locked up on your plane, and when they start to break loose you go to find out why the two assholes who agreed to come help if that very thing happened, only to discover dipshit #1 blocked off his plane from any outside threat, including the thing you let be locked up on your plane. And when you request help to make sure those things are still locked up properly, dipshit #1 gives you the bird.

Fuck that. It's entirely Sorin's fault, and Innistrad rightly suffers for the sins of its father.
>>
>>48034727
>Even if she locked up the Eldrazi now, Innistrad's ecosystem is going to collapse after this shit. Humanity barely survived one year without Avacyn, when nearly all the demons on the plane were locked up in the Helvault. If Emrakul is defeated, there's still hundreds or maybe thousands of unkillable demons, angels are basically out of the picture, the magic that has allowed humanity to survive this long doesn't work anymore, and the monsters on the plane have gone completely batshit insane and aren't exactly going to start easing up on humanity NOW. Humans go extinct in six months, tops, vampires kill each other, demons kill whatever's left, and the plane becomes a backwoods Grixis with pretty much nothing on it but demons and undead.
THANKS OBAMA
>>
>>48033733
>Sorin has no fucks left to give towards anything anymore.

Which is hilarious, because by all accounts Sorin being an edgy ennui 'I have live for so long I cannot even feel these mortal emotions' thing is just Sorin being a huge bitch.

Remember, Sorin was already playing that card when he was only 1000 years old. Lots of Oldwalkers reached 1000. Fucking Nahiri was 5000 when she had her throwdown with Sorin and she wasn't anywhere close to being a dispassionate grouse utterly disconnected from mortals.

Sorin isn't arrogant and detached because he accustomed to the long view of things. Thats just what he tells himself to justify his superior attitude. Sorin acts the way he does because he is a prick.
>>
>>48034941

Admittedly, Nahiri went through that phase and hit the other side where she decided after losing all interest in living for a couple thousand years "wow, that was a close one. There's still a lot of living to do."

"...I should go check on Sorin and see if he's OK."

It still kinda annoys me that the kinda heartwarming sentiment that Nahiri empathizes with what Sorin's position is after living thousands of years herself and resolves to find him if he's alive and help him if he's fallen into the same non-living existence (which is exactly what did happen to him after he made Avacyn) but they go right to arguments and fighting when they see each other.
>>
>>48030302
Sorin said in his own words that Innistrad was ruined. I'm pretty sure he's fooled Olivia into thinking that killing Nahiri will undue Emrakul's shenanigans. Yet, he knows that's not the case and Innistrad is dead. He's just using Olivia and her bloodline to get vengeance on Nahiri I think.
>>
>>48034941
>>48035466
Christ, I never seen this much white-washing of Nahiri in my life. You should work for Wizards anon, would fit right in.
>>
I wonder what Griselbrand has to say about all thi-

>Liliana tracked Griselbrand down, slaughtering both angels and demons alike, and finally cornered him. Desperate, Griselbrand bribed Liliana with promises of power, but she saw through his lies and used the Chain Veil to kill him permanently

Well that pisses away all chances at challenging Emrakul in any meaningful way.
>>
>>48034727
>Impliying power of friendship won't repair innistrad
Pls
>Nahiri a shit and ruined best plane
140% true
>>48034762
>Hey, this guy let me down, i will just find all his family and kill them, then burn his house
I suppose you justified the holocaust too, Mr Nahtzee
>>
>>48035557
Withengar > Grizzlebees
>>
>>48034762
>not getting dipshit#2 to help convince you to get dipshit#1s ass moving
As anyone knows, bring backup. This dumb bitch decided to let zendikar die due to her own arrogance in thinking she could 1v1 another Walker near her levels of experience and power. Now she's a sore loser and decided to permanently wreck his house after he beats her. Didn't win in a fair fight, but when is a fight to the death fair? He didn't even kill her, which probably seemed a mercy to him
>>
>>48035914
I bet now Sorin regrets not letting Avacyn kill Nahiri that milinnea ago.
>>
File: laughing planeswalkers.jpg (59 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
laughing planeswalkers.jpg
59 KB, 480x480
>Dumb bitch
>Stupid cunt

Holy shit anti-Nahiri fags are the edgiest fucking people on this board
>>
>>48035977
>Name-calling is bad
>But destroying the whole plain is ok because feelings were hurt
>>
File: Urza goes to the mall.jpg (588 KB, 3999x1323) Image search: [Google]
Urza goes to the mall.jpg
588 KB, 3999x1323
>>48036031
>Putting words in my mouth

I implied nothing about Nahiri or the story, just that you probably own a black trenchcoat

Fucking Urza doesn't get as much hate as Nahiri is getting. It's amazing. JACE doesn't get as much hate.
>>
>>48036068
"He used bad words therefore he's an edgelord." doesn't really hold up either.

A poor debater, sure.
>>
>>48036031
Are your feelings hurt about Innistrad?
>>
>>48034108
He doesn't seem like the type who would lie about that kinda shit
>>
Am I the only one that wants tibalt and garruk to return
>>
>>48032799
not to mention Emrakul only corrupts living things and consumes the man they produce/gather without the other two emrakul needs to corrupt all life on innistrad and I'm not even sure all the "living" of that plane can be corrupted
>>
File: main.png (66 KB, 308x311) Image search: [Google]
main.png
66 KB, 308x311
>Liliana zerg rushes Emakrul and somehow wins
>Gatewatch arrest Nahiri and Sorin and put them in planeswalker jail for crimes against planes
>>
>>48031747
Emerakul mind control is obviously targeted or else he would have mindcontrolled her, you dink
>>
>>48032902
Nigger was The Thing in the ice not enough of a reference for you? It was evem trapped in ice in the movie.
>>
Time to post crazy theories/wishlists.

>The aftermath of this mess is that eldrazi are melding with everything to make twisted eldrazi versions like some bizarro nightmare.
>The causes are planeswalker petty squabbles for believing J-ugin's lies.

This will inevitably happen to theros next.

Athreos will become an eldrazi god capable of returning the exiled and requiring devotion to colourless.
>>
>>48038204
>disembodies narrator of UR when Emakrul is defeated starts talking about a bush
>we peek into that bush
>Nicol Bolas rubbing his hand like a scheming jew saying all according to keikaku
>>
>>48031909
Hi friendo. You seem to have some anger issues, and issues towards women specifically. Additionally, getting this worked up over a fictional woman in a short bit of an overarching story is worrying. While these issues will probably go away after puberty has finally set in, I must recommend that you get your parents to look into therapy before this becomes a full on complex. It's for your own good, anon. Please seek help.
>>
File: COUNTER.jpg (91 KB, 599x533) Image search: [Google]
COUNTER.jpg
91 KB, 599x533
>>48038204
I kinda just want an MTG fighting game now desu.

>Karn with ridiculous KoF grapples
>Shin Sarkhan with Wrath of the Raging Dragon
>Liliana playin' like a mix of Vice, Mature, and Vega
>>
>>48038358
>m`lady
>>
>>48038440
>Ugin has Raging Dragonstorm
>it's a pretzel motion
>>
>>48032456
Because it pisses off the jacetice league and auts like you.
>>
>>48034048

Sorin and Nahiri should get I'mrakuled like Bruna and Gisela and then locked in the moon forever.
>>
Best case scenario, Nahiri get's ganked first, the Eldrazi get dealt with, and Sorin gets killed afterwards for being an amoral cunt (who is also a vampire). Liliana can die too.
>>
>All these people blaming solely Nahiri
Nahiri had one bad day and made a bad decision and got locked in a cage for 1000 years. Sorin had a bad day and made a bad decision in response to her bad decision and locked her up. And never bothered to fix that mistake. In a 1000 years. He can be forgiven for not taking her bullshit when he was nursing a hangover, but once he was restored he could of done the right thing, but never did.
>>
>>48031494

Nahiri in the helvault was hinted at as early as khans or theros
>>
>>48031747

Saint traft is also immune, and he's got hexproof
>>
>>48031802
>Then there's burst of fire and dragon noises Sarkhan walks out into the air and collides with the ground.

>"I'm okay!"
>>
>>48032902
I kind of want to see One With the Pack or Gastaf Ravagers getting nods to the Kennel Thing in this set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtgFKdWcKXY
>>
so nahiri was locked in the Helvult with that demon guy? Are we sure she wasn't effected by that?
>>
>>48039728
She was in there before any other demon and there were lots of fucking demons. From what her article about her time in the Helvault said, the demons knew better than to approach or pester her. She was the top bitch in the Helvault.
>>
>>48039641
If he could take things out of the Hellvault, Dark Ascension wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>48039647
It wouldn't be a retcon if it had been hinted at the moment the Helvault was broken or even a couple months after.
"Hinting" at it three years after, and only because waifufags whined like little bitches after she showed up in C14, is a retcon.
>>
>>48032463
>Why is it ok when Sorin acts like a selfish asshole, but it's not ok when Nahiri acts like a rules enforcing bitch?
Because Sorin is cool and edgy and dark.

Or they like Innistrad and don't want to see it destroyed by what they see is a tired overdone Lovecraft rip in the form of Eldrazi.

Or because they're chandere and want Nahiri dead purely on principle for threatening their nonexistent relationship with a fictional character.

Or some combination, or something else.

Me, I don't really give a fuck. If anything, I'm actually enjoying seeing Innistrad go down as a result of a vengeful Planeswalker, because it harks back to the days when Planeswalker arguments really could do things like this. And did, regularly. See: Urza and his continual, massive assholery.
>>
>>48034727
>the magic that has allowed humanity to survive this long doesn't work anymore
Doesn't this sort of imply that, well, Innistrad was fucked anyway? If you need an Avacyn system to just keep things from completely falling apart, then the plane was doomed. Put the rabid dog out of its misery. Avacyn is gone, humanity on Innistrad will not survive no matter what happens when Emmy-chan is done.
>>
>>48034941

You see the same with Ugin and Bolas. They're not disconnected, and they don't have ennui. Quite the opposite.
>>
>>48040011
>"If you need a doctor to just keep this guy from dying, then the guy was doomed. Put the rabid dog out of its misery."
>>
>>48040078
We're not talking about something that can be easily managed here with steady hospital visits. We're talking about a plane so completely fucked and out of alignment that it took an Oldwalker-level plane-wide enchantment that severely weakened Sorin just to create, to keep it remotely sane and the humans brething, and as soon as that enchantment was removed temporarily when Avacyn went into the Helvault, Innistrad went from "scraping by" to "99% ruined" in a year.

Innistrad was doomed the moment Sorin unmade Avacyn. It doesn't even need Emrakul there to finish the job, the Eldrazi just get the job done quicker.
>>
Wow, the fact that people are defending Nahiri for murdering a plane is hysterical.
>>
>>48040144
A good group of the people pissing and moaning over it are also the people who vigorously fellate themselves to Urza or Yawgmoth doing the exact same thing.
>>
>>48040178
What proof do you have of this?

I don't think I have ever seen anyone claim that Yawgmoth was right, or that Urza wasn't a shithead.
>>
>>48040178
Because Nahiri is doing it out of revenge against a guy she knew was a dick, Urza was actually trying to save the multiverse, and Yawgmoth was at least a decent villain.
>>
>>48040492
This. If you kill an innocent man to save the world, then you're at least saving the world.

If you kill an innocent man because he is friends with a guy you don't like, then you're just an asshole.
>>
File: urza.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
urza.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>48040545
>implying Dominaria is more than a Mad Max wasteland after Urza was done
>>
>>48040581
No, I'm saying Long Term, the multiverse is better for Yawgmoth being dead.
>>
>>48040738
Well, that's an interesting point to raise.

After the Mending, we know that planar portals and overlays are no longer possible. Phyrexia has a number of worlds that are trapped now because they can't actually do anything to get into the larger multiverse.

Even if Yawgmoth had taken over Dominaria, wouldn't the Mending have eventually fucked his plans anyway? He'd be stuck when the rifts appeared and the nature of Dominia shifted against planar travel of that order.
>>
>>48039747
And then avacyn got trapped in it and both of the had had a staring match for god knows how long.
>>
>>48040776
Actually if Yawgmoth had won there wouldn't have been enough planeswalkers alive to close the time rifts and reality would have collapsed.
>>
>>48040830
Well, not exactly. There are tens of thousands of planeswalkers. It's just that not enough of them would have known about Dominaria's plight, or known about its potential consequences.

>>48040803
"YOU TRIED TO HURT MY DADDY."
"Bitch you have not even SEEN me try yet."
>>
Nahiri doesn't seem to be acting very White this go around, just mostly Red and Black. Konda at least was White, all the way through
>>
>>48040803
Yeah, that was hilarious. They were both just like "YOU!"
>>
>>48031038
Liliana needs jace to owe her one. So they can fix the chain veil. So she's saving innistrad so he owes her
>>
>>48031673
Hexproof
>>
>>48040897
dun worry anon. she will probably come out as a black/red madness focused planeswalker next expansion.
>>
File: 1448131343642.jpg (263 KB, 697x724) Image search: [Google]
1448131343642.jpg
263 KB, 697x724
Sorinfags and Nahirifags aside, what the fuck is Ugin doing?

You'd think he'd be doing something or at least popping his head up. As far as characters go, he's pretty fucking baller.

Maybe I just want to see more of him.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (3 MB, 5082x7575) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
3 MB, 5082x7575
>>48039227
Pretzel isn't hard, from memory Hazama's Astral was a Pretzel, and that was just 3632141.
Most importantly who would be the boss? A slightly fairer than Gill fighter as Bolas, or Urza full on Oldwalker unfair boss?
I imagine Chandra would be like the Ryu of the game, with fair moves(that look like wild punches) and a spammable hadoken. I want Garruk to play like BBCP's Azrael, honestly
>>
>>48040993
People seem to have come to a conclusion that the new planewalker cards next set is gonna be Liliana, Tamiyo and Ugin. People claim that you can see a dragon shaped shadow in the trailers somewhere.
>>
>>48040993
Ugin is sulking because his science experiment got ruined and he wasn't awake to do anything with it while it was working.
>>
>>48041102
I rewatched the Eldritch Moon trailer, can't see much about a dragon's shadow.

Dopes anybody have any screenshots of this?
>>
>>48040913
That's how she rationalizes it to herself.
But it's painfully clear she cares about him.

>>48040897
There's not a lick of Black in Nahiri, unless you think destroying a plane automatically makes you Black because hurr durr Black = Evil.

The nuclear option strategy Nahiri is going for is very much in White philosophy: there can only be balance, only be true equality in this world, when all are subjected to the same fate. Everything must be at parity, through parity is balance, conformity, equality, and consequently justice.

That said, Nahiri isn't merely White, she's Red-White. As such, her acts are fueled not by "what's fair in the grand scheme of things?" but instead parity through retaliation. Reparations are unacceptable, justice demands retribution.
>>
>>48041081
Pretzels aren't hard in a vacuum.
But they're
>intimidating to players of various skill levels
>kinda actually difficult to churn out in the heat of battle, especially if you're mashing it out like a scrub
>fucking cool as hell motionwise
>criminally underused anyway

Also it's 1632143.
I think hcb.hcb.df. is a valid shortcut due to how inputs are usually parsed, but the motion is normally db.hcb.df.

Also the boss clearly is JTMS, reading your inputs and zoning you out with frame-perfect precision.
>>
>>48040993
Ugin is being a huge fucking NERRRRRD and studying the Eldrazi corpses because he's sad that "muh unkillable monstars" were roasted
>>
>>48032096
This, all of this.

I can't stand you Nahiri apologists, I could understand if you guys just like agood villain but you all just gloss over her destruction of an entire world because you're blinded by your waifu lust.

She is a sick animal that needs to be put down before she does this to somewhere else. She will most likely go for Tarkir after finding out what Ugin has been up to.
>>
>>48042580
>She will most likely go for Tarkir
And nothing of value will be lost!
>>
>>48042580
>after finding out what Ugin has been up to.
being in a magical coma cocoon?
>>
>>48042681
>implying Sorinfags understand the difference between being almost dead and doing home improvement
>>
>>48030302
I want sorin killing nahiri in the most sadistic way possible.
i should start a petition on this
>>
>>48042681
To nahiri, he would be equally guilty as sorin, cause death is not a excuse to stop working
>>
>>48042931
(you)
>>
File: 1395684004587.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1395684004587.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>48031792
I love this explanation
>>
>>48043030
>Sigarda has hexproff and anti anihilator
>Is the only angel not being corrupted
Wizards made it canon anon, acept it
>>
>>48042959
He's not wrong though and reading this story, Wizards kind of just want another White villain to add to the roster.
>>
>>48043236
wew lad
>>
>>48043259
You know it's true man. Your Stoneforged waifu spent too much time in her insanity box and is going to blame everybody for the shitkicking Zendikar got.

Ugin is going to finish up in Zendikar, find out they blew up two Titans and all that work was for nothing, leave in a huff and find a titanic purple jellyfish assimilating his home because HE WASN'T THERE.

And then, when she runs out of former friends, she'll do the same to the Gatewatch. Maybe fuck up Kaladesh or Alara before they finally take old Nahiri to the pasture.
>>
>>48043414
But...but the Gatewatch WERE there...
>>
>>48043429
You think shes sane enough to check up on Zendikar? Especially now that is no longer the world she so lovingly carved in her head?
>>
>>48043414
Nigger please, you're equating being busy making a silver turd and an angel daughterfu to getting jumped by fucking Nicol Bolas in his prime and only surviving due to timefuckery.

If anything Ugin's going to snap at Nahiri for summoning Emrakul and unintentionally egging the Gatewatch into killing yet another Eldrazi titan, screaming about how neowalkers are ruining everything and how Nahiri and Sorin are absolute tools who don't deserve even the remains of what power they still wield post-Mending, and how all Sorin had to do was shut the fuck up and check on the Eye, and that Nahiri shouldn't have put the last known Eldrazi titan on the same plane as Jace and the Genociders.

Like seriously, the one who has every reason to be mad right now is Ugin. He couldn't do his part, and in his absence people fucked up everything he worked towards, and while him, Nahiri and Sorin weren't exactly close friends in their time, whatever bonds they had then are definitely broken by now due to the latter two letting Planeswalker arrogance get the better of them.
>>
>>48043259
>the only rebuttal I can give is memes.
>>
>>48043580
I don't know, seemed more like he couldn't planeswalk at the time on account of making his planar defenses.

Planeswalking still seems to take some investiture of power even with how thin the walls were at the time.
>>
>>48043580

Man, wouldn't THAT be some shit.

> Sorin and Nahiri are having their battle to the death
> its getting close now
> they summon their strongest magicks...
> Ugin shows up. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING FUCKERS DOING?"
> "U-Ugin sempai!"
> "God DAMNIT guys. I leave for five minutes, and now you are trying to kill each other while Innistrad goes to shit? Ugh."
> "Ugin, mate, this bitch wrecked me home. Help me kill her so I can have my revenge."
> "...No."
> "WTF, Ugin. Fine, fi you won't help get out of my way and I'll do it myself."
> "Sorry, Sorin. But Nahiri's lithomancy skills have no equal. She cannot be replaced in my plans."
> "You, however, can."

And then Sorin gets Ghostflamed, an act Ugin uses as an olive branch to Nahiri to get her on his side again so that they can deal with this Emrakul problem before she leaves Innistrad.
>>
>>48043580
>screaming about how neowalkers are ruining everything and how Nahiri and Sorin are absolute tools who don't deserve even the remains of what power they still wield post-Mending, and how all Sorin had to do was shut the fuck up and check on the Eye, and that Nahiri shouldn't have put the last known Eldrazi titan on the same plane as Jace and the Genociders
So... Ugin is basically the posters in the average MtG lore thread on /tg/?
>>
>>48035557

What about the other 13/13 demon
>>
>>48043791
>Sorin gets BTFO and Nahiri is forgiven of all sin
No.
>>
>>48032480

The portuguese in it is all over the place, obvious fake.
>>
>>48043934

Forgiven? Hardly. Ugin doesn't care about what is fair, he cares about what will work.

Nahiri was doing her job until Sorin ruined everything because he wasn't willing to hold up his end of the bargain.

Nahiri summoning Emrakul to Innistrad means the death of millions on Innistrad, but means that Emrakul didn't get caught in the Gatewatches trap so at least one Eldrazi survived, which is a good thing from Ugins perspective.

And Nahiri's powerset is much harder to find a replacement for than Sorins. Indeed, given the level of shit she has managed to bring down on Innistrad it is hard to imagine that Sorin's contribution to the plan is even relevant now in lighter of Nahiri's strength.

If Ugin has to pick between the two of them, if each of them is only going to let one of them walk away from that fight, Sorin is the one who is both expendable and repeatedly dropped the ball, causing this whole mess to begin with.

He has no reason to save Sorin, and good reason to save Nahiri. She is useful to him, Sorin isn't anymore.
>>
>>48043580
What exactly IS Ugin's plan, anyway?
>>
>>48044143
to preserve the ecosystem of the multiverse.
>>
>>48044155
He can't even preserve the ecosystem of his own plane.
>>
>>48044136
>Nahiri was doing her job until Sorin ruined everything because he wasn't willing to hold up his end of the bargain.

Except that's not true. He didn't know about the first almost-breakout due to the Helvault absorbing the summons. When he got the summons for the second, however, he appeared immediately.

>which is a good thing from Ugins perspective.

...WHY?
>>
>>48044166
Bolas, nigga.

Fucking Nicol Bolas.
>>
>>48044155
Ugin's plan is bad and he should feel bad.
>>
>>48044180
Even with Bolas killing him, his kids just bullied everyone else around.

Ghostfire certainly didn't do much to help with that.
>>
>>48044143
Crashing this plane
>>
>>48044174
>...WHY?

Because Ugin wants to avoid having planes getting eaten by the Eldrazi, but he doesn't understand them fully enough to say for sure that outright destroying them won't have horrible consequences for the multiverse.

Destroying them means that if they actually serve an important role for the multiverse that is occasionally harmful to planes and their inhabitants, we are fucked. Containing them means that if dire consequences start to arise we can always just release them back into the wild and let them clean up the mess, no harm no foul.

Having two of the titans be destroyed by idiot children neowalkers was infuriating to Ugin, but at least Emrakul is still around so they are not completely lost if this turns out to have been a bad idea.
>>
>>48044372
With no survivors?
>>
>>48044482
he doesn't get to summon friends.
>>
>>48044518
He works for the masked man, the Mindmage.
>>
>>48044740
4U
>>
>>48033345
Yup. Nailed it.
>>
>>48034048
Locked in the moon together for eternal hatefucking.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.