[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 1464972913974.jpg (475 KB, 1200x818) Image search: [Google]
1464972913974.jpg
475 KB, 1200x818
Warhammer Fantasy General: Kemmler Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread: >>47994592

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
>>
>>48027825
First for companies shouldn't cater their games towards audiences the creators never wanted to reach
>>
>>48027825
Wait until page ten, dumbass. This thread shouldn't exist yet.
>>
File: 1465564409573.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465564409573.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>48027958
Ur mum shouldn't exist yet.
>>
>>48027845
You're a fucking dumbass, there's a reason you're a poorfag GW cocksheath.
>>
File: Carmine Dragon.png (889 KB, 1095x1000) Image search: [Google]
Carmine Dragon.png
889 KB, 1095x1000
>>48025171
The model I posted seems to have been discontinued. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that the difference between the three dragon sizes is build, not size itself. Moon dragons are the snake-like skinny ones, a, Sun dragons would most appropriately use the model for a Carmine Dragon from forgeworld (the Warpfire dragon seems to have the same problem with being incredibly skinny) while a Stardrake would represent a Star Dragon. I don't think any models to represent an Emperor Dragon has been released. I'd imagine that it would have the build of a Stardrake, but much bigger.
>>
File: image.jpg (525 KB, 818x1270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525 KB, 818x1270
Okay, moving away from the cancer arguments and trolls, how are you lot liking 9th Age? What are you running?
Did you start a new army, or change up your 8e lists?
>>
>>48028117

Loving it pal, tournament scene has freshened up and its nice to be able to play fun lists that are also effective.

I'm running an ambush Undying Dynasties list at a big event this weekend.
>>
can I still play Warhammer at my local Games workshop or will they stop me playing?
>>
File: Vlad_von_Carstein.png (879 KB, 353x920) Image search: [Google]
Vlad_von_Carstein.png
879 KB, 353x920
Got a lore question regarding the vampire counts.
Why do they still have normal people in their lands? Why haven't they already fled? Somewhere I read that the ruler are very diplomatic and such things, but this sounds like handwaving it. At some point the normal folk must have seen one of their rulers marching in front of an army of dead people. Are they okay with this? I know that the Old World isn't the safest place everywhere, but personnaly I would be rather ruled by an asshole I know is a human, instead of a charming, but unholy beast.

Sorry if that's a dumb question.
>>
File: 1464983732680.jpg (345 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464983732680.jpg
345 KB, 857x1200
>>48028417
>Why do they still have normal people in their lands?
Because vampires aren't inherently evil and still do need a source of food.

>Why haven't they already fled?
Because mobility is extremely limited in the old world, many people never leave their villages in their entire lives.
Also the Vampire Counts of Sylvania and Stirland were actually overall more benevolent and kind than the tyrannical human counts they replaced.

> I would be rather ruled by an asshole I know is a human, instead of a charming, but unholy beast.
That's your opinion.

Many people would rather serve a kind monster than a normal human that exists solely off of leveraging extreme taxes and raping any peasant woman he can get his hands on.

When it comes to survival and your family's safety a lot of tribalism is stripped away.
>>
>>48028530
I can understand all this to some extend, but
>At some point the normal folk must have seen one of their rulers marching in front of an army of dead people
Between all the other terrifying beasts you might see your own grandma that you interred last year! Why even bury them? Doesn't this clash with their religious believe? Don't they have some piety?
>>
>>48028622
>Between all the other terrifying beasts you might see your own grandma that you interred last year! Why even bury them? Doesn't this clash with their religious believe? Don't they have some piety?

Most people aren't willing to die for their religious beliefs.

Especially not in the provinces of Stirland and Sylvania as the worship of Sigmar as a God is relatively weak in places outside of Reikland's immediate reach.

The following of the Old Gods and nature worship still supposedly go on in backwater provinces such as Stirland and they're not nearly as touchy as Sigmarites about the consecration of the dead.

It's like Orthodox Christianity in extremely rural parts of Russia.
Still very mixed with local indigenous religion and once your strip away the image of the Christ not much is different from 1500 years ago.
>>
>>48028753
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>48028117

Dwarfs in 9th:

Pros
> Spear Warriors
> Miners with Pistols
> Throwing Weapons on fucking everything
> Seekers given new life
> Triple March
> All Lords now worthwhile
> Daemonseekers will literally solo a MC/MI deathstar
> Grudgebusters
> Organ Guns not nerfed
> So much Vanguard, Ambush, Skirmish and Swiftstride

Cons
> Fewer Gyrocopters
> Shitty plebtier Cannons get a thoroughly deserved nerf, fuck your war machines

I am a happy, happy Dwarf. Overall the army is like a mobile, fun phoenix rising from the ashes of the gunline.
No more Dwarf stigma and real incentive to march out, take names and beat people in the face.
>>
File: uuuu.jpg (16 KB, 444x319) Image search: [Google]
uuuu.jpg
16 KB, 444x319
TELL ME ABOUT LOKHIR

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
File: Blood dragons.jpg (353 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Blood dragons.jpg
353 KB, 1920x1080
What does everyone think of the new Blood Dragon Models?
>>
>>48028412
You can play any GW game with 100% GW models at a GW.
>>
>>48029567
even older rulebook/codex editions? (as long as your opponent allows you)
>>
>>48028417
>Why do they still have normal people in their lands? Why haven't they already fled? Somewhere I read that the ruler are very diplomatic and such things, but this sounds like handwaving it. At some point the normal folk must have seen one of their rulers marching in front of an army of dead people. Are they okay with this? I know that the Old World isn't the safest place everywhere, but personnaly I would be rather ruled by an asshole I know is a human, instead of a charming, but unholy beast.
Depends on the clan.
The Empire province of Sylvania has always had HORRIBLE human rulers to a ludicrous degree and been poor, so when Vlad von Carstein went through and killed the most decedant assholes (other than two he kelt as "sons") he gave the people better rulers. Compare a thousand generations of bronze age Pol Pot to suddenly Stalin; one is horrible in every way, the other is scary and leads massive purges but is still beneficial.

Lahmians keep their humans as pets. Pampered, believing they are loved. To be fed on is pleasurable and they almost never kill someone who is given a fancy hat to wear and a title as sacrifices are always treated as such. So to be on a Lahmian's good side is a damn good thing, you may even end up lucky enough to become one.

Strigany are Gypsies, literally everyone hates them and they have no homeland. Some parts of the Empire are damn near Nazi Germany to them. So the giant neanderthal bat vampires that only speak and understand simple words but all know not to hurt a Strigany become their only friends, and even their protectors.

Necrarchs only really have friends among Necromancers and Necromancer or Vampire aspirants. Their feeding really is only victims for the most part.

Blood Dragons are just Lawful Neutral Bretonnians without a religion. If you believe in strength, honor, and want to become a warrior, you join up and become a squire and camp follower who has to give a tithe of blood each day. That's it.
>>
>>48029197
Blood Dragon Bloodline, or just Blood Knight units?
>>
>>48028959
A lotta loyalty for a Corsair.
>>
>>48029688
Yes.

GW only cares if its not a product of theirs. Hell, running old Citadel models older than yourself and trolling them is fun.
>>
File: black-grail-knight.gif (19 KB, 172x266) Image search: [Google]
black-grail-knight.gif
19 KB, 172x266
>>48029197
Could be cooler. The faces make me laugh, but they should look fine from a distance.
>>
>>48029741
>you may even end up lucky enough to become one

unless you have a dick (most of the time)
>>
>>48029819
Aren't there male lahmians?
I know the standard is female but I'm pretty sure there were a couple males in either the Gotrek and Felix novels or the Ulrika spinoffs.
>>
>>48029877
they had male thralls in G+F, but there was only one male vampire, and I'm pretty sure he was a Von Carstein. I'm pretty sure in Manslayer they outright state they don't turn males; it's only the army book that claims otherwise.
>>
>>48029877
There are males, but they're rare.

The single theme of Lahmians is control and submission. Those who submit are pampered little pawns like Neferata's lesbian sidekick in her solo novel or theEmoire guards in Ulrika, those who give even the hint of rebellion or independence are destroyed like Ushoran and Ulrika's maker

Its stated Neferata doesn't often guve permission for males to be turned because they rebel more often than females, and out of the two canon ones the first did rebel and was put down for it, the second was just a fucking moron who's master kept him on too short a leash so he got himself killed by Witch Hunters.
>>
Is there any creepy ass lesbian vampires in Warhammer, like Carmilla?
>>
>>48030379
All I know is that Slaanesh seems overall a lot tamer in WFB than in 40k. Less whips and more curvy hips.
>>
>>48030379
Neferata gets that way sometimes, but she's not self-aware of her predatory nature so when she stops and thinks about what she's done with her life she gets kind of mopey.

The closest I can think of is the rival of Ulrika's master, a stick up the ass 100% jelly chick who found herself a literal lolita, an Alice Liddell who was a rape victim to make a vampire and put in frilly dresses like a doll, keep 85% innocent, and teach how to use men as playthings.

>>48030452
Slaanesh in 40k is portrayed as a master of excess who's worship is feeling all the extremes while causing those same feelings in the unwilling, in Fantasy that remains true but the primary motivation is in pride and debasing others while the loud noises and sadomasochism is just their hobby.

Compare Sigvald to a Noise Marine for example. Fantasy is about being pretty, clawing out the eyes of everyone prettier than you, and being superior because you're just better. 40k Slaanesh is about skinning people alive to wear, sticking needles in your skin, and LOUD NOISES.

Fantasy Slaanesh is about being the popular girls and making the unpopular girls kill themselves while slipping date rape drugs into the drinks of your rivals at a party, 40k Slaanesh is about being the kid who listens to death metal while cutting himself after getting high and is going to rape and kill a girl before the school year ends.
>>
File: Itzatecah.jpg (79 KB, 558x530) Image search: [Google]
Itzatecah.jpg
79 KB, 558x530
I like the fan-name "Itzatecah" for Lizardmen.

Shame it isn't official.
>>
>>48029945
Ulrika's Sire was more than a HINT of rebellion, he outright served willingly under Mannfred.
>>
>>48029920
He was turned by the COuntess that Adopted Ulrika, but she had a bit of Von Carstein in her because either she or her sire had swapped blood with one, and he willingly joined the Von Carsteins.

That basically put "No Males" into a formal rule rather than an unofficial taboo.

>>48029945
Genevieve's sire was a male lahmian offshoot too, and he did get killed but not because he was rebelling against a short leash.

Also her grandsire admitted to having turned several males, but she was from an even more freewheeling branch of the family.
>>
>>48029197
Those helmets always looked dumb. They ahould have gone with the humble 6'th edition helmet ornaments instead.
>>
Regarding why Tomb Kings might not have advanced far beyond Nehekhara in their thousands of years post-revival: Deserts tend to be pretty good at preserving remains even when they don't have magical "Fuck you" after-effects wiping out a lot of microbial life / preserving inanimate remains. Temperate environments... don't.

Presumably part of the reason the Tomb Kings did not push out beyond Nehekhara in grand campaigns after their rebirth is that prolonged exposure to such environments is bad for their rank and file's remains.

A bit of a mundane and boring excuse (that also is logically inconsistent with other things we accept from the setting), but one that'd work: Tomb Kings like their shit to be in working order. Putting a lot of wear on it through constant activity in unfavorable environments does not keep it in such.
>>
>>48031412
Its really because they don't give a fuck about the rest of the world, like High Elves they ONLY care about their homeland and owning more of it.

It doesn't matter what happens to their bodies, they regenerate.
>>
>>48031120
Same here

But I'm the kind of guy who accepts "seraphon" and "orruks" too as names for their specific stuff as long as they are not they do not call themselves so but are just names various races and cultures made common.
>>
>>48029197
The horses are not bulky enough, but they are noice.
>>
>>48029785
OR PERHAPS HE'S WONDERING WHY YOU'D QUARREL A MAN BEFORE THROWING HIM OUT OF A DAWI DIRIGIBLE
>>
>>48029920
Lahmians make male vampires, but it's very rare and often not officially sanctioned.

The Vampireslayer vamp was a Lahmian get.
>>
>>48028959
>Am I a squid? Am I a nothing personnel kid?
>>
Does anyone have any recommendations for movement trays? Magnetic or metal construction so magnets stick is a plus.
>>
Part of the reason I really like Bretonnia is that, despite the religious and social need to keep society in a feudal, medieval state, there's constant pressure to modernize. In one short story, Bordeleaux (the city) has a growing merchant middle class, and keeps cannons and groups of well-trained infantry, if a little discreetly. In a few other stories, there are small peasant rebellions, some uncoordinated, some that happen to get away with resounding success for at least a brief period. I find it a bit more interesting than the overall stable and united Empire.
>>
>>48032393
>>Empire
>>stable
laughingdaemonettes.jpg
>>
>>48032037
Back 2 base-ix sells magnetic wooden movement trays, they're great quality and have a bit of lip for "basing".

Also they're in straya so they are dirt cheap to buy and ship.
>>
A note: when building beastmen Gors, do not put the downward curving "Ram" horns on short necked heads or you'll have trouble actually posing the head onto the body.
>>
File: 300px-SigmarHeldenhammer.jpg (35 KB, 300x528) Image search: [Google]
300px-SigmarHeldenhammer.jpg
35 KB, 300x528
Making a 9th age list for Empire.

Under the current rules, I don't really know if a Steam Tank is actually worth its high price tag. I feel like I may possibly be better suited with a block of flagellants+preacher, or some extra artillery and cavalry.

Is two bricks of footsloggers enough dudes and units to provide enough of an 'anvil' for my army? Or should I invest into a third brick of footsloggers?

+++ Germanic Steel (1991pts) +++

++ Empire of Sonnstahl (Standard (1501-3999pts)) (1991pts) ++

+ Lords (185pts) +

Marshal (185pts) [Army General, Beast-Bane Halberd, Blessed Armour of Frederick the Great, Seasoned General, Talisman of Greater Shielding]

+ Heroes (272pts) +

Captain (147pts) [Hero's Sword, Horse, Plate Armour, Shield, The Black Helm]
Battle Standard Bearer [War Standard]

Wizard (125pts) [Dispel Scroll]
Level 2 Wizard Apprentice [Path of Fire]

+ Core (592pts) +

Electoral Cavalry (191pts) [Champion, Musician]
9x Electoral Cavalry [9x Great Weapon, 9x Shield]

Heavy Infantry (220pts) [Champion, 30x Heavy Infantry, Musician, Seasoned Soldiers, Spear]
Standard Bearer [War Standard]

Light Infantry (181pts) [Seasoned Soldiers]
19x Light Infantry [19x Handgun]

+ Special (552pts) +

Artillery (110pts) [Mortar]

Imperial Guard (289pts) [Champion, Musician]
24x Imperial Guard [24x Great Weapon]
Standard Bearer [Flaming Standard]

Reiters (153pts)
9x Reiter [9x Brace of Pistols, 9x Light Armour]

+ Rare (390pts) +

Knights of the Sun Griffon (160pts) [Champion, Standard Bearer]
3x Knights of the Sun Griffon [3x Halberd]

Steam Tank (230pts)
>>
>>48032484
Well yeah it's dead now, but the whole setting is dead. All that interesting stuff, dead and gone. Probably with honestly more interest now that it's killed.
>>
>>48031670
I like Itzatecah because, hey, if Skaven aren't called "ratmen", why should lizardmen be called lizardmen?

Warhammer Fantasy was the first big fantasy setting I ever encountered, though, so its Orcs, Dwarfs, Elves and so on will always feel like the real deal to me, so I can't get comfortable with the new names.
>>
>>48033575
Well, like that guy was saying, I could see names like Lizardmen being given by other races about a race that didn't ever care to introduce itself or make itself known to them, or possibly even name themselves. They just were.
>>
>>48033413
He meant that the Empire is not as stable as you'd think. Unless you want to ignore millennia of civil wars and infighting.
>>
File: tumblr_mky9fnAMOn1rs6hqwo1_1280.jpg (170 KB, 620x934) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mky9fnAMOn1rs6hqwo1_1280.jpg
170 KB, 620x934
Tell me about these lads, /whfb/. Are they just paladins?
>>
Does anyone have the Mordheim comic "The Life and Time of Ulli & Marquand and Their Misadventures in Mordheim, City of the Damned"?
>>
>>48034667
Warrior priests of Sigmar? More or less, yes, they're miracle-evoking, inspiring holy warriors wielding weapons emblematic of their god, bound by complex and strict oaths.
>>
>>48034667
I'd say they're more like very martial clerics. Bretonnians end up more like paladins.
>>
File: 1465344497534.jpg (124 KB, 899x898) Image search: [Google]
1465344497534.jpg
124 KB, 899x898
>trying to organize warhammer art folder by army
>illustration of battle scene
>don't know which faction should take priority
>>
File: grudge inbound.jpg (171 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
grudge inbound.jpg
171 KB, 1024x724
>>48035635
Whichever one is winning. Or whoever is winning in the foreground. Or your favorite.

Or whichever faction is closest to Dwarfs.
>>
>>48027825
Say, why would Demigryph knights and Pegasus Knights be Monstrous cavalry. Demigryphs don't seem much bigger than horses and Pegasus are horses with wings growing out of their haunches. Look at these models, the demigryphs don't fill out their base footprint. Before anyone asks, yes I'm a bit butthurt that a munchkin mounted his demigryphs on horse bases, giving them a lot more mobility unbefitting of Monstrous ______ units.
>>
>>48035635
I just put a copy in each army's folder (and then into a separate group folder as well)
>>
File: yhXGb.jpg (128 KB, 521x737) Image search: [Google]
yhXGb.jpg
128 KB, 521x737
>>48035901
After a quick google search, I found a Demigryph version whose size matches their crunch.
>>
>>48035901
How did he mount them on a horse base legally?
>>
>>48036453
Like I said, Demigryphs are around the size of horses so he put them on a horse base. Is there anything in the rules preventing that?
>>
>>48036490
Their statline will specify a base size unless you're playing age of shitmar.
>>
>>48036490
If you are playing 8th, I think you are only allowed the bases a model came with. It's pretty obvious why.
>>
>>48036524
I don't see anything in the army book specifying a base size.
>>48036538
Is there a page in the rulebook saying that? Because I think what you're saying isn't a genuine rule but player courtesy which Munchkins don't care about.
>>
>>48036569
I mean, there's gotta be a reason you don't see a block of slave rats all mounted on the heads of pins and taped together to look like a weird ratty flower arrangement with the footprint of a square inch.
>>
>>48036569
>>>48036538 (You)
>Is there a page in the rulebook saying that? Because I think what you're saying isn't a genuine rule but player courtesy which Munchkins don't care about.

I think it might have been ikn one of the FAQs. In any case, he is clearly basing for advantage, just don't let him play the unit untill he's rebased them.
>>
>>48036648
That's an extreme example that's probably too difficult to do. What I'm talking about isn't so extreme.
>>
>>48036699
It isn't? Small frontage is a huge benefit most of the time. He halfed the amount of "surface" that enemies get to attack back from. On a strong unit like demogryphs that's pretty huge. Pivoting takes less movement and the unit is easier to fit. He can also fit in more other models/units in combined combats. The demigryphs themsselfs are less likely to be "pushed out of combat" in combined combat situations (maximising models in contact with the enemy).
>>
>>48036803
Almost forgot. 50*75 mm also gives your unit a larger flank.
>>
>>48036803
I mean in effort. Creating the ratty flower you described sounds like it'll take a lot of tedious building and would create fragile models. All he did was take typical models and put them on smaller bases than normal.
>>
>>48036834
Wasn't the guy that made up that example but ok.
>>
>>48036524
Technically bases in aos are irrelevant because you measure from the models, bases can even be stepped on.

>>48036697
I also remember it from a FAQ.
>>
>>48037286
>bases can even be stepped on.
I find that hilarious. Just cram everything as close together as you can!
>>
>>48037286
I know, and it's absolute shit, moving the complete wrong direction.

(The right direction is towards the Warmahordes "Height is automatically X in relation to a Y-sized base, model the unit however the hell you want, it won't give or take an advantage"
[Of course warmahordes also has an OBSCENELY strict WYSIWYG rule that fucks creative modeling even harder, so pick your poison.])
>>
>>48037341
I prefer creative modeling to exact strictness about how a model should be measured.

Though GW's old way wasn't that bad. It's just ignoring bases that's stupid. It means you could have a titan-sized base for an infantry unit if you really wanted.
>>
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD DLC LEAKED!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbuaDRAml0w
>>
>>48037642
That's what I mean. If modeling has fuck-all to do with gameplay then modeling can become limitless.
>>48037741
Private video.
>>
File: 1438580567443.jpg (3 MB, 3982x1256) Image search: [Google]
1438580567443.jpg
3 MB, 3982x1256
>>48028870
>Glorious Return of the Dwarfs.
>9th Age confirmed for Golden Age of the Dwarfs.

Honestly, I'm not that enthused over Spear dwarves, more than the fact that Damn near everything can take Throwing Weapons. It's literally giving the Miner's Salute to everyone from 8th who danced around our charge range.

"Oh you think those Wild Riders can just chill out two inches outside of my viable charge range? Enjoy these 40 str 4 ranged attack from this pissed off unit of Longbeards Elgi."

That Paired weapons on so many things. 40 warriors with Paired weapons charging into Orcs is just sweet irony.

Being able to cast more bound spell runes is also awesome. I love every second of it.

My only complaints I have are that
A) Champions should be able to buy magic weapons like the poncy elves can. More specifically it'd be nice to have em on the Greybeard, King's Guard, and Deep Watch Champs. Just to add a little flavor to them.
B) Let Thanes and Kings be able to take Paired Weapons and Throwing weapons.

It's kind of weird that they can't.
>>
>>48038992
Don't the dwarves not trust magic? Makes sense that even a magic weapon might be a bit shady to them.
>>
>>48039491
They don't trust magic on it's own. They trust when a Rune Lord; smith binds them into runes.

To them it's as much an art form as Smithing or architecture.
Bending metal for Weapons and Armor, by dwarf hands.
Shaping stone into homes and defense by dwarf hands.
Binding magic into artifacts for Weapons, armor, and wards by dwarf hands.
>>
File: dwarven acting.png (38 KB, 1416x118) Image search: [Google]
dwarven acting.png
38 KB, 1416x118
>>48039513
>>
>>48028417

>"They are stronger than us, smarter than us, live longer than us, and far better looking than us. They are our superiors in every respect, and the taxes are lower when they rule. When they come back I will be the first to welcome them."

>Hanskarl Denk, Sylvanian

From Night's Dark Masters, pg 10 I think.
>>
>>48034068
This, for about 1000 years after sigmar the empire was united
and expansionistic, then They started fucking up and fighting each other. The empire being United again is a pretty new thing that only happened under Magnis the pious. For the majority of its history it wa several states who wound bribe the emperor whije trying make themselves

>>48032393
Funny,for me it's the exact opposite. Bretonnia speaks to me because they use magic and divine blessings to overcome most of the disadvantages faced by their archaic form of warfare. It's even more interesting when you consider the empire, which is both magically and tech innovative, is the older nation while bretonnia is considered flying and upstart to to the Germans

>>48031532
That's a meme started by josh reynolds, almost every source regarding the matter has SETTRA vowing to reclaim his lost territory and eventually the world.!
>>
when does the patch hit, I want my blood knights now
>>
>>48040438
It's ironic that the Empire looks down on Bretonnia because of its age, but they are roughly the same because the Empire didn't really exist for nearly a thousand years. There may have been an Emperor for some (very little) of that time but it was in name only. When a child was elected Empress and the Grand Theoginist refused to grant her his blessing, the office officially fell apart.
>>
>>48040466
Somewhat related, has Bretonnia ever launched full blown Crusades into the empire? Why do empire Knights get better armor than bretonnian Knights? And how powerful are Grail knights? And fluff wise, how powerful is that blessing of then
>>
File: 1436225271492.jpg (61 KB, 584x539) Image search: [Google]
1436225271492.jpg
61 KB, 584x539
>>48040537
There was old fluff about a Bretonnian invasion of the Empire during the early years of Karl Franz's reign, though I think that's been dummied out.

Empire knights get full plate because the Empire has a lot of technological advances due to the dwarfs, plus a lot of dwarf smiths work in the Empire and hire their services to the army and the Knightly Orders. Bretonnia has very few dwarfs and their craftsmen aren't as organized. Fewer guilds. If someone has a good smith working for them it's probably a guy who enjoys a noble family's favour quite a bit.

Grail Knights are essentially the greatest warriors humanity has to offer, being right up there with the Chosen of Chaos and Blood Dragon Vampires. They're said to all have unique gifts, like a guy who could kill evil creatures with a simple touch.

As for the Blessing, it's hard to say as the only novels about Bretonnia sucked. There was no mention of the Blessing in any way shape or form, even when a Hellcannon was raining fire down on a Bretonnian army. I think the writer just didn't want to do the project. But based on what we see in the army book it's quite capable of deflecting crossbow bolts, cannon shot and Bloodthirster axes. It's part of the reason why Bretonnia can exist next to a nation like the Empire for so long, besides mutual existence in the face of greater threats.
>>
>>48028417
Because the von carstein actually tended to the population, as much as forbidding wanton feeding on the human residents.
They treat the people of sylvania like cattle, taking care of them and nurturing them as long as they are useful, killing only the minimum amount necessary for their own survival.
That said, they still see humans as cattle, so they won't care if they die or get sick as long as there's enough of them to keep up with the blood thite.

Plus, the inhabitants of sylvania know only that way of living, and probably think things could be worse.
A medieval paesant will not wonder if there's something better in life as long as he can plow his field.
>>
>>48028870
I wish 9th age fags would use the old GW names for units.
It is very hard to understand what the fuck you're talking about sometimes
>>
>>48040805
Seekers = Slayers

I do agree that people do need to use the original names for the units whenever it's more appropriate to do so though, they're in a WHFB thread, not the 9th Age forums.
>>
Why are great axes so shit in WFRPG 2ed?

Slow, impact and tiring, means basically every other great weapon is better than them.
At this point, it's not worth using the old world armoury rules.
>>
>>48041177
There are some erretas, namely one that discusses great weapons. I'd suggest using house ruling weapon qualities anyway, as before I did that all my players would ever look for are best quality hand axes, since they're one handed great weapons without Slow.
>>
Beside humans, what race is the most numerous in the empire?
I wager it'd between dwarves and halflings, but aren't halflings a bit too lazy to travel far from the mootland?
>>
>>48041362
I'd probably say Halflings. They have their own mini province where they basically get to farm and make like Mormons all day. Dwarfs in the Empire are either visiting, or they're clanless/holdless and are probably small in number. Skilled craftsmen that might be able to make up a small neighbourhood or ghetto, but not much more than that.
>>
>>48040805
>>48040839

Why would they? Even if they did it would be hard for 8th fags to understand because the rules might differ quite drastically. There are also completly new rules and units.
>>
>>48040805
Easier to say "Sirens" than "9th Daemonettes".
>>
>>48041362
Ogres. Ostland is full of them, they have citizenship. They're mercs everywhere else.
>>
>>48042283
Pretty sure Ogres are still behind dwarfs and possibly halflings.
>>
>>48042945
If we count Halflings as a subcategory of Ogres, then for sure Ogres.

But I think that otherwise, Dwarfs are still behind Ogres at #3.
>>
>>48041523
To reference.
9th age fags will understand anyway

>>48042269
just say daemonettes.
>>
>>48035387
they use holy magic,giant hammers and plate armour.
They are as palading as you can get
>>
>>48043118
Yeah, but just saying "Daemonettes" requires a posts where someone asks "8e or 9e?"

Which would happen more often than someone asking "What are Sirens?"

Although as time goes on and we default more and more to 9e, that will eventually go away as people will have to specify "8th Daemonettes".
>>
>>48040438
I just like the idea that outside pressure can force even a pretty good magical situation to try and move forward a little. When the world's shitty, sometimes tradition has to be broken.
>>
>>48040537
There was something like that mentionned in some army book, but I think it broke against the fortress on the imperial side of the Gisoreux gap.
>>
>>48043974
Found it, in 7th edition army book, it was a crusade in 2512 that failed at Helmgart
>>
>>48040537
>has Bretonnia launched full crusades against the empire
There was one mentioned in the daemons 8ed rulebook that pulled much of the empires armies, particularly the elite troops, onto the western front to repel it. This left the empire vulnerable to an orc WAAGH that was stopped by a daemon invasion happening at the same time. Karl Franz rulebook entry mentions him and the reiksgard defeating bretonnians, and there's also that mention of the crusade to avenge the insult of some barons ugly wife that ended after the Knights got BTFO by massed artillery at helmgart fortress. Bretonnian write up in the 8ed BRB also says they've launched crusades into pretty much every nation around them, including the empire.

>how strong are Grail knights
Giles and the first 2 companions slaughtered as many orcs and goblins as the rest of their army combined, and the 12 battles are full of them pulling off heroic feats like soloing 3 wyvrens at once and wrestling down Giants. At base level I have Grail Knights being as strong as the latest incarnation of MCU captain America, with magical protection and additional powers based on the individual like regen, immense strength and killing evil creatures with a touch

>how strong is the blessing?
All over the place. The novels don't mention it at all, while endtimes Glottkin has it protect the Knights completely from the plague storm in Altdorf. 8ed brb says it renders Knights nearly invincible and can deflect anything from spells to arrows to cannon balls, through it must have its limits seeing how often bretonnians are killed in mundane ways. In one of the 12 battles it pretty much rendered the whole army immune to the orcs shamans.
>>
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 750x1334
>>48044090
The reason for it was even more hilarious, the Knights hideous wife was insulted by nine other than Marius Leitdorf. I can only imagine what obscenities he used that provoked such an attack. I also like to think the Knights didn't have the blessing when this happened. You don't get magical protection from the lady for such petty revenge
>>
>>48040570
Brunner the Bounty Hunter also has a corrupt Bretonian lord manage to entrap and betray an imperial lord on the other end of a grey mountains pass to claim it as his land.

>>48044255
I believe that upon seeing her he pointed and shouted "A troll! Oh gods a Troll! Sigmar save me it's a bloody troll!"

(It could have been worse if he'd gone to the dinner armed.)
>>
>>48044203
Makes you wonder why Bretonnia hasn't managed to conquer other lands - or even if they can, without the Lady's blessing.
>>
>>48044677
Status quo. The only reason nobody ever expanded.

The Empire is allowed to lose territory, nobody can expand.
>>
>>48044703
Makes no sense especially with the border princes, araby, tilea and estalia. Bretonnia should have conquered much of estalia by now since there is only a river separating the 2 and bretonnian culture has a big emphasis on granting land to its heroes. the tomb kings should have wrecked Araby centuries ago. The empire or the tomb kings should be taking lands in the border princes, and Tilea, being a bunch of city states, could have fallen to the empire, or maybe even the vampire counts
>>
File: image.png (17 KB, 374x328) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17 KB, 374x328
>>48046305
Status. Quo.

Real Europe was barely ever united in any meaningful way for much of its history until the 1600's rolled around, and borders constantly changed. Even within a kingdom, barons and lords could sometimes wage war internally without involving the rest of the country.

Everyone has basically had the same territory for all of history, and everyone has had technological stagnation for most of it. Warhammer is 10 times the size of Earth (thanks to people crunching numbers on given maps to establish scale), but most regions are superprovinces united in a single nation. Religion is loose, but just the fact you worship a god edtablishes you as part of a kingdom since for example everyone civilized worships Shallya but if she's your main god you are Estalian, you must be Empire to worship Sigmar and because Ulric is Empire then the Kislevites who worship him must stick to the Empire.

Even when Europe was Catholic, full stop, they were only as united as children when the teacher isn't looking.

The only changes in territory are basically the Empire getting a province burned to the ground to the point most of the population is dead and all buildings razed.

So why all this status quo? Because writing real history is really fucking hard, and in a project only there to sell "collector's models" contributed to by a hundred writers over thirty years, change that is hard comes slow. Its one thing for Ward to make Malekith king of all Elves, its another to write up ten thousand years of border conflict. Its why all Elf history before Chaos is literally just "had an Everqueen, otherwise forgotten". It doesn't sell models, its hard to write, and the current writers don't want the headache for no pay off. Much like how Age of Sigmar starts after 99% of life has been wiped out by Chaos, despite over 10,000 years of billions of kingdoms across 8 near infinite realms, with only vague three sentence blurbs like pic related which mean nothing covering it.
>>
>>48046305
To be fair, the Empire and Bretonnia have had their own conflicts to keep them busy from expanding. And perhaps trade was more lucrative than conquest, since then you don't have to work to defend a bunch of foreigners while making sure they stay under your thumb.
>>
What's the point of expanding if marauding forces like beasts, chaos and greens are going to fuck up your unprotected lands? I thought in warhammer it was better to have small isolated but solidly supported regions than an empire so vast 2 halflings carrying a superweapon would pass unnoticed and spell your doom.
>>
>>48046746
For the same reason you do in real life? Economic advantage, strategic advantage, sending assholes you don't like where its dangerous as a Belgium-like speedbump between you and potential threats...

Not everyone has been on the backfoot for all of history, and allegience to the church and threat of excommunication don't prevent wars.
The only major civil war in the history of the Empire, basically the size of our Asia, was a three-way claimant war after attempting a democratic solution failed. That is a joke.

Even the Chaos wank lore mentions hkw it waxes and wanes. But nobody breaks away in world history other than the Wood Elves and Marienburg, the latter of which was destroyed shortly after to keep status quo.

There's handwaving, there's simplification, then there's Warhammer.

At least Warcraft gave a logical history, changed cultures and borders, and has advancing technology. Which is pretty fucking bad when Warcraft is more logical.
>>
File: rf cryface.gif (1001 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rf cryface.gif
1001 KB, 640x480
>>48046970
>Warcraft is more logical.
>>
>>48046970
>The only major civil war in the history of the Empire, basically the size of our Asia, was a three-way claimant war after attempting a democratic solution failed. That is a joke.
That war lasted CENTURIES and had intrusions by vampires that still didn't end it.
>>
>>48046970
>The only major civil war in the history of the Empire, basically the size of our Asia, was a three-way claimant war after attempting a democratic solution failed.
That's like saying WW1 and WW2 were just minor border skirmishes.
Not that I want to defend status quo writing.
Although if the option is "lore" like the pic in >>48046631 I'd rather take no change and a setting one can relate to.
Warcraft has massed technology rivaling or surpassing our own in some aspects yet they keep hitting each other with sharpened metal sticks.
>>
>>48047706
>Warcraft has massed technology rivaling or surpassing our own in some aspects yet they keep hitting each other with sharpened metal sticks.

Mass production is actually the key there. Gnomes and Goblins produce amazing creations, but have no manufacturing capacity. Gnomes could produce tech in a matter of years, but the facilities that produce, store, and maintain those were only just retaken and the race is mostly dead so they've been greatly hindered.

But their world is now starting to enter the industrial revolution with Goblins having finally decided to start using interchangeable parts rather than the Goblin who built a machine ensuring only him and his employees can fix and maintain it, Orcs are learning industry, humans and Dwarves have entirely replaced archers with arquebusiers, and all sides including Elves have advanced within 30 years from catapults and siege towers to mechanical steam or magic powered tanks.

Not to mention the steam ships and airships, which both factions are producing as fast as they can.

Warcraft has an advancing technology level, as even the first and second game spelled out that this is the end of their medieval era.
>>
>>48046970
>There's handwaving, there's simplification, then there's Warhammer.
I think warhammer sits between the two, it's a mix of implications of unwritten events, freedom to write them yourself and not wanting to write down every minor and repetitive conquest and reconquest.

I mean, when the rulebook introduces a world with a focus of constant war and blank spaces, it's not difficult to get it's all filled with battles there.

But other than that, I agree, what warhammer is barely explored, nor outside nor inside, the interactions have but a pair of extreme examples each and the reawakening of each faction for war is not fully kicked in because the setting is 5 minutes before the apocalypse, rather than 1 minute into it.
I'm disregarding the end times as it anticlimactically writes off from the start any possibility of action, rather than mere reaction from more than half the factions
>>
>>48047810
Come now, people were fighting with muskets long before mass production brought on by the Industrial Revolution.
>>
>>48048413
Yeah, but it shows a tech progression when only tribals and Elves still use archers.
>>
>>48046746
WHFB, until recent years, generally didn't have super weapons that could spell someone's doom. There were magic users who could do so, yes, but the majority of those were either conditional (Nagash's "Fuck Nehekhara" spell) or have not taken over the world now only out of conscious decision ("lolfuckyoutectonicplates Slaan"). Neither of which were particularly hampered or aided by the size of the offending nation.

The closest thing I can think of to a Superweapon of Doom was the enormous Skyre Mega-Doomglobe beneath Middenheim that wasn't even a super weapon so much as an enormous bomb intended to sap the place out from underneath (which, again, is something that isn't particularly influenced by size of the nation it's being used on).
>>
>>48028412

It honestly depends on the manager, some won't give a shit and others will.

For example, mine didn't give a damn about someone trying to get a Mordheim campaign going. I'm guessing it was a combination of her generally being a nice and figuring that if she gives people a reason to come into the store they may catch see something that catches their eye and buy it or may at least buy some paint.
>>
File: tumblr_mmm9xlC0E01s9uwnzo1_1280.jpg (154 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmm9xlC0E01s9uwnzo1_1280.jpg
154 KB, 894x894
>>48030452
>>48030754

I got a great way to explain: Lets take an artist, who is all about painting.

The fantasy artist will eventually create paintings that are so real that they make the real world seem fake. He will paint scenes of rapturous damnation, in colours the human mind cannot comprehend. The movie "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer", is the story of a Slaaneshi champion in fantasy (also, its a fucking awesome movie)

In 40k, the painter rams a thorn covered paintbrush down his dick, and humps a canvas made of skinned babies while snorting warp-coke to the most discordant agrocore dubstep you can find made by a 13 year old on Newgrounds. The really shitty Hellraiser sequels are 40k Slaanesh.

>>48034667
No. The holy knightly orders are. warpriests are more like a DnD Cleric of a martial god.

>>48034690
Somewhere. I'll see about finding it and doing a storytime.
>>
File: 1462477201797.png (1 MB, 1096x745) Image search: [Google]
1462477201797.png
1 MB, 1096x745
>>
So, I was thinking of building up an Empire army for 9th Age that made use of a Steam Tank (I know, I know, many people think it's a little shitty for its points cost at the moment, but I just wanted to use one because... well, it's a tank!) and Greatswords, two of my favorite things about the Empire.

How's this for a list?

==Lords== - 335pts total
>Gustav Donnermann - Archwizard (Path of Heavens) w/ Talisman of Shielding, mounted on Arcane Engine (Foresight) - 335pts

==Heroes== - 384pts total
>Steiner und Kleiner - Two Captains w/ Great Weapons and Plate Armour - 74 x 2 = 148pts
>Hermann Stahlkopf - Captain (Battle Standard Bearer)) w/ Plate, Lance and Hardened Shield, mounted on Warhorse w/ Barding - 121pts
>Peter Holzmann - Wizard (Path of Nature), mounted on Warhorse w/ Barding - 115pts

==Core== - 580pts total
>Pulverfort Musketeers - Two units of Light Infantry/Handgunners (15 individuals each) - 115 x 2 = 230pts
>Pistoletov's Arbalists - One unit of Light Infantry/Crossbowmen (20 individuals) - 150pts
>Stahlkopf's Chargers - One unit of Electoral Cavalry w/ Lances and Shields (10 individuals) - 200pts

==Special== - 470pts total
>Die Stahlfort Beidhanders - Two units of Imperial Guard/Greatswords w/ Great Weapons (15 individuals each) - 140 x 2 = 280pts
>Stahlkopf's Dragoons - Two units of Reiters/Pistoliers w/ Braces of Pistols and Heavy Armour (5 individuals each) - 95 x 2 = 190pts

==Rare== - 230pts total
>Das Dampfpanzer von Holzmann - Steam Tank - 230pts

Total points of entire army = 1999 out of 2000pts
>>
>>48053183
Addendum/notes:
>The Captains w/ Great Weapons will be joined to the units of Imperial Guard/Greatswords, while the Handgunners will be attached to the Greatswords as a support unit.
>The mounted Captain with the Battle Standard will be joined to the unit of Electoral Cavalry and followed by the Pistoliers as a sort of flanker or war machine hunter.
>I intend to use the Greatswords as a sort of anvil unit, with the Steam Tank, crossbows and handguns providing fire support and the Arcane Engine sandwiched between the Greatswords to grant them those delicious Lightning Reflexes that allow them to not strike last in combat.
>Assuming I can heal/support the Steam Tank with magic, I will have the Wizard w/ Path of Nature following it and trying to keep it alive throughout most of a match.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 500x354
>>48053183
>Taking what you want, fuck the stats

Doing it right.
>>
So, TWWH is bugged. When an ally breaks a defensive alliance with you the game acts like YOU betrayed THEM and knocks out your trade agreements, non agression pacts and everything else.

Completely fucking your economy.
>>
>>48053893
So they accidently applied Dwarf politics to everyone then?
>>
>>48053183
>Die Stahlfort Beidhanders
Die Stahlfort Bidenhänder.

>>48053183
>>Das Dampfpanzer von Holzmann
Der Dampfpanzer von Holzmann.
>>
File: 1459668261008.jpg (36 KB, 302x405) Image search: [Google]
1459668261008.jpg
36 KB, 302x405
Does anyone know whether or not wood elves are shit in 9th?
>>
>>48043174
if you played more DD and less WoW, you'd see that they're clerics
>>
>>48046305
Bretonnia conquered araby and the border princes, and probably estalia too, but were never able to hold power on them.

Probably because nobody wants to live under bretonnian rule.
>>
File: python_lead.jpg (66 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
python_lead.jpg
66 KB, 640x430
>>48055403

Nobody likes the French.
>>
>>48055213
Nothing is truely shit in 9th. I think woddies are great. If I weren't already into DEs I'd probably start them.
>>
>>48028117
I love what they did to Sylvan Elves. i'm giddily converting stuff that was useless in 8th and is now pretty cool in 9th (like Wildwood Rangers or Tree Kin)
>>
>>48029197
meh, shoulda gone with Dragon Princes conversion everyone's using.
>>
>>48055403
They looked at Araby and said 'fuck that'. It's too big, too hot and they already took everything that wasn't nailed down. The Border Princes were conquered but devolved into what they are today, although many of the Princes are still Bretonnian. There was going to be a war with Estalia but they were challenged to a jousting tournament to decide instead. The Estalians cheated but the Bretonnians honoured their word.
>>
>>48055213
Like someone else said, armies are decently close (atleast when conparing to 8th). But atm SE seems to be a bottom tier army.
>>
could someone give me an army tier list for 8e ?
>>
>>48056226
Daemons, Dark Elves, Warriors.

Everything else can get fucked in 8th.
>>
>>48056226
Now im no expert but i know the approximates are something along the lines of

Good: D&H elves, WoC, Daemons, Ogres(?)

mid-high tier: dorf, skaven, empire, wood elves, lizardmen

Low tier: OG, bretonnia, beastmen

Ogres im not quite sure of what with the cannons and all. Tomb kangz and vampires idk where to place

This saddens me because i collect both orcs AND wood elves
>>
File: 1432048954544.jpg (128 KB, 386x426) Image search: [Google]
1432048954544.jpg
128 KB, 386x426
>>48052803
>celebratory beatings
>>
>>48056453
ogres and vap mid tier, tomb kings low tier (probably worst army)
>>
>>48052803
i knew i'd seen the name Snorko somewhere when my Goblin Big Boss in Total war Warhammer got randomly named Snorko Pigkissa
>>
>>48056407
>>48056453
>>48056632
so im trying to get a grasp on 8e and read the armybooks

why exactly are those armies in those tiers ?

i know that bret and beast arent updated for 8e but what about the rest ?

and why do people hate artillery ?
>>
>>48056778
I'm not exactly sure about the tiers but as for artillery the guesswork was removed. Instead of saying 'I fire 34 inches at your regiment of Halberdiers' you just pick a unit within range and roll the artillery dice.
>>
just read the beginning talking about how fun the game is but mat looks like a fat fag. who the fuck is he. i saw his name a few times
>>
>>48057210
also where are the space marines
>>
File: 1459665053977.jpg (105 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
1459665053977.jpg
105 KB, 500x668
>>48028530
>We are legion
>that rose
>>
File: to the stars bowmen.gif (1 MB, 453x255) Image search: [Google]
to the stars bowmen.gif
1 MB, 453x255
reposting from the wrong thread

bretonnia was elven land, wasn't it?
were there dragons there at the time of the elves? more intelligent breeds than the ones normally found in the empire perhaps coming from ulthuan?
could some of them have stayed there to protect certain sacred grounds to the elves?
how would they act if somehow recognizing the spark of elven culture in other races (perhaps certain teachings or even magically or faint blood lineage)?
would a bretonnian knight who vowed to liberate the lands from evil recognize a noble being in a dragon and abandon his role at court for a greater errantry quest with the beast?
>>
>>48057457
no, because they quest and kill monsters all day long
>>
>>48057457
Almost the entire Old World was colonized by the elves. Some of the more cantankerous dwarfs at the time complained to the High King that elves were getting too close to their lands, meaning they extended almost all across what would eventually be the Empire.

There were dragons, namely one huge fucker that was mind controlled by some of the High Elves to fight for them. Also all dragons are intelligent, they aren't mindless beasts. Wyverns are more beastly. A few dragons did stay behind, namely those who adapted to the forests of Athel Loren and became 'forest dragons'.

Some dragons find mortal races amusing, noting that some of their strongest symbols are that of dragons. It would depend on the dragon in question, though. They may feel a connection, they may be insulted, who knows.

Again, it depends on the knight. It would be most likely that a Grail Knight would ally himself with a dragon, so long as it didn't fuck with Bretonnia and wasn't marked for death by the Lady.
>>
>>48028417
>but personnaly I would be rather ruled by an asshole I know is a human, instead of a charming, but unholy beast.

vampires have a superhuman magical charm because they're naturally very powerful beings. its why in the lore people are described as going out of their way to be the ones that feed their vampire counts, because theyre fanatically subservient
>>
>>48056778
Vamps, HE, Warriors, Skaven were god tier.
>>
My engineer in whrp second edition got some down time until next session to try and craft some weapons within reasonable limits of course.

Problem is my imagination is small and i'm a bit new to the game so i have no idea what to craft. Anyone got some fun tips?
>>
>>48053893
AI has never been aggressive enough
I had 3 stacks of Chaos besiege a place where Karl Franz and a stack were hiding with the highest level walls. 10 turns later they STILL hadn't decided to attack and I had managed to wrangle 4 stacks from elsewhere to put them down.

I wanted bravely defending the walls, but Chaos is so non-aggressive that I'm usually the one outnumbering them.
>>
>>48055403
>Bretonnia conquered araby and the border princes, and probably estalia too, but were never able to hold power on them.
Basically Not-France then
>>
>>48056632
M8 what the fuck, TK are bad in 8th but Beastmen are unquestionably the worst army in 8e.
>>
>>48058610
>AI has never been aggressive enough

That's a fucking lie unless you're playing on easy or normal, it's just never been RATIONALLY aggressive.
>>
>>48056778
apparently cannons were nerfed so you cant kill everything ever forever?
>>
>>48058922
This definitely happened.
Like, it's the happenedest thing ever.
Nothing ever happened as hard as this.
>>
File: 1412670075009.jpg (6 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
1412670075009.jpg
6 KB, 248x250
>>48058922
>people actually buying Age of Shitmar stuff
kekko fantastico grande my friend
unironically kys
>>
>>48059013
You might listen to what happened at my FLGS recently then:
My FLGS Manager had to tell a literally crying Shillmar fag to get out and not come back because he kept creeping out and pestering customers shilling Sigmarines.

Why are you guys so fucking weird and autistic? Move on, Age of Shillmar is dead.
>>
>>48059069
You're proving my point brilliantly. There is something inherently wrong with you guys. You lack the ability to let go and move on, and keep clinging to the past and barking at change.

So which are you? Anorexic Autie or Fat Autie?
>>
>>48059129
>Comes to WHFB thread
>"Your game is dead, move on"
>Somehow, we are the autistic ones

You're almost as bad as the WHFB faggots who kept shitposting in AoS generals.
>>
>>48058701
oh yeah, forgot about them.
>>
>>48059194
I'm now playing KOW, looks like I managed change in an appropriate way.
>>
>>48059194
Not that guy, but...

I just want to play traditional Ogres, and AoS Ogres, sir. Besides, if you're really butthurt about people trying their hardest to create content as a community in order to extend the lifespan of models they sunk good money into, because they want to play a game in a certain way, please, remove yourself.
>>
>>48059194
no one cares about proving you wrong mate just leave
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 618x682) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 618x682
>>48059269
Stop replying to trolling, report him and move on.

Let's discuss Ogres instead.
>>
File: ogreandout.jpg (95 KB, 780x615) Image search: [Google]
ogreandout.jpg
95 KB, 780x615
>>48059223
You're alright.

>>48059269
Pic related.
>>
>>48059013
>Selling like hotcakes DESU.
This is how I know you're lying.

GW sales barely gained at all over the year AoS has been out, and that's with Warhammer Fantasy stuff flying off the shelves and becoming sold out on their website during last chance sales.

This correlates to AoS selling even worse than Warhammer Fantasy 8th edition (the edition that killed the playerbase).

Literally all of the AoS stuff at my LGS is in the 70% off section and nobody is buying it.

Come to battlefield games killeen if you wanna pick up some cheap AoS and resell it in whatever town that people are actually playing it in.
>>
>>48058922
>[extreme case], that definitely happened in the same not exaggerated nor unbiased way it is narrated, happened once
>why are you all like this [extreme case]?
Here's the ancient and revered magical skull of the (you), only the most mindless of marauders can hope to harness its potential, wear it with prejudice.

>skull of the (you)
>magical armor (helm); 50pts
>the wearer considers its armour save better by 1; the wearer has the special rules fear, rage, stupidity and immune to reason, in addition, once per game, at the beginning of a round of close combat the wearer is involved in, he can release the cacophonous gibberish of all the minds trapped in the skull with vile words of power: all enemy models in base to base with the wearer will attack at the same initiative step as him (regardless of any other modifier) and can only attack him for that round.
>>
>>48059327
How would an unit themed around the firebelly look and work?
>Maori looking flails wielders that launch flaming weights (buckets of lava or equivalently hot and heavy thing) by rotating on the spot?
>budeghards with enormous shamanistic masks working as both tower shields and trampling wallbreakers?
>apprentice fire eaters with blowpipe-spears and warhammer equivalents of hot chilli pepper sauce pints?
>>
>>48059837

I could imagine them being an anti-horde blender unit. I don't know if Ogres really have that kind of unit, most of them just seem to spam Great Weapons until they go away.

> Ogre Ashbellies
> Maori-tattoed disciples from the far east. Some kind of fire-oriented monk fluff.

Expensive, Special, Unarmoured.
Flaming attacks, short-ranged throwing weapons.
Any unsaved wounds from impacts, punches and Stomps immediately burst into flames and inflict another hit at the same S. (30k Deflagrate)

Dunno about points, they'd be even squishier than Bulls. Basically a 'Fuck your tarpit' kind of unit.
>>
>>48060023

Ogre Ashbellies
Rare, ~50pts/model
WS4, I3 Ogre profile
Punch people to death (Hand weapons)
Fireborn, Flaming Attacks

> Fire-Touch
Any unsaved wound inflicted from an impact hit, melee attack or stomp immediately produces another Flaming hit against the same unit at the same S. These do not generate further hits.
> Fists of Fury
All attacks made by an Ashbelly (including Fire-Touch) gain +1 To Wound against any model with a lower WS than themselves.
> Disciples of the Fire Maw
Any attached Firebelly gets a bonus to their Casting and Dispel rolls equal to the units Rank Bonus

A unit of religious monks from the far-east who have returned preaching some rhetoric about fire gods, zen and meditation. They have mastered the martial art of 'Punching people so hard that they catch fire'.
>>
>>48060368
desu 50 is nowhere near
>>
>>48050261
>Somewhere. I'll see about finding it and doing a storytime.
I'd really appreciate it. It's impossible to find nowadays.
>>
>>48058717
>That's a fucking lie unless you're playing on easy or normal, it's just never been RATIONALLY aggressive.
I'm playing on Hard, and once Chaos invades NO ONE declares war on me anymore and everyone wants to sign a non-agression pact
I'm serious, this is a MUCH less aggressive game than any previous.

In Rome you could count on being at war from basically the minute your borders touched.
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 734x1323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 734x1323
Did any of you TGG2 backers not get your Pledgemanager yet? I paid my shipping early but didn't get it.
>>
>>48062227
Maybe because it's based on the fluff?

Even Orcs want to fight chaos.
Nobody likes chaos.
>>
>>48053893
>>48053998
What do you mean? When dwarfs decline to rescue someone they are SUPPOSED to also end their trade agreements?

>>48058701
>>48059213
...Everyone does.

>>48062227
But that makes sense, when Chaos comes around even the Vampires have been known to stop fighting.

In game this is made manifest by temporarily(?) giving every Human and Dwarf nation the "Shield of Civilization" trait to let them focus on Chaos, Greenskins, and Leeches.
>>
File: now this is podracing.jpg (31 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
now this is podracing.jpg
31 KB, 500x329
So I just read the 9th age rules for the first time and it is literally 8th with every single problem fixed? I came a little bit when I saw that steadfast can be negated by flank charges. Is this the best WHFB edition ever created?
>>
>>48062455
Yes.

9th is perfect from a balance perspective.

We're getting additional rules after September I believe.
>>
>>48062455

Wait until you read the Army Books.

> Tomb Kings have alternate rules for the Barrow Kings and Terracotta Army
> Vampires get their Bloodlines back with ancestral armies
> Ogre Kingdoms can go full-Chaos
> Bonuses for playing Chaos Monotheistic
> Bretonnia is relevant again

I've spent some time with the books and have come up with 2 legitimate complaints. Otherwise it's just about perfect.
> Goblins shouldn't be condensed into a single unit, or they need the 0-4 cap removed
> Dwarf Bolt Throwers should not be Rare, Irondrakes should not be Special
>>
Anyone interested in WHFRP here?

I've gone through as many fan sites as I could find and downloaded all the rule supplements I could, since lots of the old sites are going offline now.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3o8kfcgm04ti7bg/Fan.rar

If OP could add this to the MEGA collection, that would be great.

Sources are from Black Industries, Domukan, Kalevala, Liber Fanatica, Madalfred, Tin Star Games and Winds of Chaos. If you can find anymore I that would be appreciated, both for myself and for the purposes of the collection.

Might add that I haven't downloaded any of the unique adventures.

In total there are over a hundred files in there, offering expanded rules for nearly everything including Lizardmen, Estalia, Tilea, Sailing, Necromancy, Dragons, Greenskins, Norsca and so much more.
>>
>>48063025
>Anyone interested in WHFRP here?
Tons of people are.

I'm trying to start up a narrative focused online game rn and I've done it in real life quite a few times as well.
>>
>>48063025
Forgot to mention this is all 2e.

>>48063128
That's good to hear. Just started a fresh game on roll20 with a couple old friends after playing it pen and paper for so many years. It's crazy how much fan material for this game there is.
>>
>>48063025
>Sources are from Black Industries, Domukan, Kalevala, Liber Fanatica, Madalfred, Tin Star Games and Winds of Chaos.
Is there any way you could get ahold of the generators and such from sites like Winds of Chaos before they go offline?
>>
While we're talking about Warhammer Total War, riddle me this: Vampire heroes use Lore of Death, Necromancer heroes use Lore of Vampires
Why?
>>
>>48063240
Balance
If vampires had both the capability to raise armies on the spot and be good combatants none would take necromancers.
>>
>>48063235
I'll try and look into it, since WoC's crit generator is a godsend it might be useful to snag.

Seems like you need to download special software to do it though. I wonder if it's still possible to contact them for the source files for some of these.
>>
>>48062455
Yes

Even if I can arrogantly say I could do better but probably won't because I'm a loser
>>
>>48063280
Mannfred has death and Vampires both.
>>
>>48063306
He's a LL
>>
>>48063321
Sorry I forgot to finish that.

I just found it odd that Kemmler didn't have both.
>>
>>48063025
thanks for gathering all the fan-stuff
>>48063128
are you still looking for players? I won't be able to play for two weeks because of my exams but afterwards I'll be free 'til octobre.
I live in germany so my timezone is CET +1
>>
>>48061259
I too would really love to see that comic
>>
>>48063376
>are you still looking for players? I won't be able to play for two weeks because of my exams but afterwards I'll be free 'til octobre.
>I live in germany so my timezone is CET +1
I'd love to but I have a month long training thing starting July 15th.

If you'd like I can add you on skype for the far-future.
>>
>>48063376
Cheers, There's hundreds of hours of work that's gone into this material, stuff that I myself have used in my own campaigns, It's so sad looking at the stuff already lost.

>>48063442
>>48063376
I'm also up for starting something.

Roll20 Username is Extradaemon, hit me up if you're interested.
>>
>>48027825
Hey guys, I was thinking about starting a Clan Eshin Skaven Army. I have a few ideas already, but do you have any idea on what models I'll need? Also, I might like you guus to take a look at their lore.
>>
>>48063442
I'm Hubbaerd on skype
>>
>>48062455
Wait untill you read the army books.

I just came back home from a narrow victory with my beats against not-skaven and it was glorious.

>deploy 2 units, two chariots, gortach and jabberwock - "done"
>give opponent first turn, his shooting doesn't do shit due to my dark rain
>my first turn; ambush in 4 units, one giant and awake 2 sleeping not-chaos spawns

It never get's old.
>>
>>48062587
I agree that for the most part the army books are great, but I feel like the empire one is just a bit lackluster. Like it's not missing anything per se, but they nerfed inner circle knights, demigryph knights, and steam tanks enough that none of them really have much of a wow factor to them anymore. It's cool to see that the witch hunter can get a horse and the grand master can get a demigryph though, I felt like they were weird absences from 8th.
>>
>>48063784
Not the anon you are replying to but I think empire is great. The profited massively from improved weapon choices for core. Marshal upgrades and orders are fucking awesome in my book, fluffy as well. WS 3 core cav with two-handed as standard weapon choice actually grew on me. Makes them feel more unique compared to other cav. 2 attack elite knights are very very nice. How are they nerfed? Or do you mean the core upgrade? I think it's more than ok for core with strength 4.
>>
>>48063784
Empire are far from unique in that regard, most units have had their "wow factor" taken away in 9th. Extremes have been muted as much as possible, presumably for balance reasons.
>>
>>48063549
Full Eshin, or will you use Thrall Clans?

Full Eshin, or purchasing things from other Clans to use?
>>
>>48063280
Vamps aren't actually terribly awesome combatants. They seem to die without fail in any 1v1 vs a Melee Lord. Death is more generally useful anyway since you can both snipe lords and force enemies to crumble/run, while Vampires is just general buffs without really excelling at anything except making your MCs never die.
>>
>>48063025
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3o8kfcgm04ti7bg/Fan.rar

Added the much more recent version of the Unofficial Tome of Careers, it's like 4x larger than the previous version, and includes new rules for playing a Druchii (Sadly linking to a extra cache of fan rules for Dark Elves that no longer exists :(, so I guess that's lost to the ages now).
>>
What're some good novels /whfbg/?
>>
>>48064901
>>48063025
Can you add this link as you update it to the OP post of each warhammer thread?

If I make the next thread then I'll try and get it done though.
>>
>>48064985
Of Mice and Men is pretty good imo.

If it's Warhammer specifically you're after Gotrex and Felix is pretty fun and is effective at showing you a good variety of the Warhammer world.
>>
>>48064985
Anything in the empire series.
>>
>>48064985
Gotrek and Felix, the Genevieve Omnibus, the first Ulrika book which is Bloodborn, and the book about the Bretonnian Marco Polo dude.
>>
>>48065020
Got Warrior Priest, thanks
>>
Just started browsing /tg/ after a couple year hiatus when the setting died. Can anyone catch me up on this new 9th? Sounds amazing
>>
>>48064901
Last update before I go to sleep, found a Polish blog with a few interesting fan supplements in it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ucbakt1u1j68ufe/Fan_Books_v3.rar

Two of them are massive books detailing both Greenskins and Araby for the game. If there's anyone Polish here and can see if those are originally Polish or translated from somewhere that'd be appreciated. Maybe they give credit somewhere.

>>48064986
Cheers, anyone with any knowledge of fan books out there really needs to get it saved before it's all gone. WHFRP 2e is still a game with a userbase, but the old fan sites are slowly dying out with the rules with them, it's sad to see.
>>
>>48062269
There is a built in chatbox in it. Some guy was very helpful with me, and help setting my login problems in like 10 minutes.
>>
>>48064985
The Genevieve omnibus.
>>
>>48064152
Full Eshin.
>>
>>48065510
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age
>>
>>48065822
Choices are extremely limited then.

Verminlord, Warlord, Assassin, Chieftain, Clanrats, Skaven Slaves, Night Runners, Giant Rats, Rat Swarm, Gutter Runners.

Use Deathmaster Snikch if you can.
>>
>>48055556
I find it weird how they're supposed to be French, but they're Arthurian themed.

I mean, seriously? They can't even just name a character Roland or Orlando, or have a knight born in Norsca named Ogier?
>>
File: saber delicious 2.png (52 KB, 211x188) Image search: [Google]
saber delicious 2.png
52 KB, 211x188
Now I understand why most elves find the idea of vampirism horrifying, but why aren't there any druchii lords seeking out the blood kiss?
>>
>>48066679
>I find it weird how they're supposed to be French, but they're Arthurian themed.

Most of what Arthurian myth we have is tainted by the French. The entire character of Lancelot being a prime example.
>>
why didnt they just, yknow, keep the game's universe but just change the mechanics to age of sigmar, and release new models for all the whf factions
>>
File: 1461720591320.jpg (129 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
1461720591320.jpg
129 KB, 1024x579
>>48057457
Bretonnia was Elvish land, yes. And unlike most other land colonized by the elves, wood elves stuck around in the forests, and humans came into it fairly late, so more elf-y stuff remains, and that's partially why Bretonnians started worshiping the Lady, and some of the older Old World gods have stronger connections to Elvish gods.
>>
>>48066679
Bretonnia was originally based around pre-Revolutionary France, but then they decided to change it.
>>
>>48066831
They'd have to spend the rest of their lives in windowless rooms incase of "daytime accidents".
>>
>>48066851
I know, but only a century ago the Matter of France was pretty well known. You'd think GW would steal some inspiration from it. You still get Bullfinch books with the Legends of Charlemagne in them here in Burgerland.
>>
>>48067010
But 'ol Charlie Man-gay is Sigmar and I think they wanted to divorce Bretonia from the empire a bit further.
>>
>>48066870
Because they figured the fans would accept any shit they squat out, so they wanted the color of the shit to match the quality.
>>
>>48067288
Sigmar is Conan the Cimmerian, though.
>>
>>48066870
How many space marines do you see in the whf universe.

There's your answer.
>>
>>48067558
He's Conan-Charlemagne
>>
>>48067628
Conan the Charlemagnian.
>>
File: rf shino2.jpg (80 KB, 807x711) Image search: [Google]
rf shino2.jpg
80 KB, 807x711
>>48067702
>>
>>48027825
Guys. I cant choose an army. Please help. Seriously, I need ideas for armies and such.
>>
>>48068759
well what do you want your army to do?
>>
>>48068814
I don't know; I want them to look good foremost. But, secondly, i want them to be a little smaller in model count. I just got done building around 80 skeletons, so nothing horde style.
>>
>>48068759
Building off of >>48068814 , what sort of look do you like? Playstyle? Do you want a huge army of expendable units or a small army that needs to be wielded with more precision? Offensive magic or just focus on defense? Artillery? Close combat?

We need some more details to help you out.
>>
>>48068973
After building up a VC army, I would prefer something a bit tighter when it comes to play style. I guess im looking for less miniatures and a stronger overall unit with more precision. Im not a big fan of Artillery, but I did fiddle with idea of Skaven Assassins, Steam Punk humans based on Dishonored, and a diverse group of Chaos warriors
>>
>>48069092
Ogre Kingdoms or WoC
>>
>>48069190
I feel like Ogres have too much flesh, which im not a huge fan of. How do Warriors of Chaos play?
>>
>>48069283
Elite, hard as rocks characters that mostly rely on walking up to you and stabbing your shit in. Not much in the way of artillery.
>>
>>48070344
Awesome, sounds like my kinda army. What should I build my army around? Just the geros, or are the monsters worth it?
>>
>>48070580

Depends if you're building for 8th or 9th Edition.
8th tends to prefer a Monster-Mash style where the army is based around Chariots, Chimerae and Bloodcrushers. Past a certain point of cavalry-ness, infantry become too slow to catch up and so you basically play it as an army of hammers.
Chaos Lords and Heroes aren't very popular simply because they do nothing you cannot achieve with more dudes, and so people tend to use more Sorcerers or Daemon Princes.
Mix in some Marauder Horsemen and Warhounds to play the chaff game, and you'll do great.
>>
>>48070667
In that case, I prefer 9th. I like infantry that is actually capable of doing things, and I like how much of a beatstick Heros can be. I also dislike monsters and calvary, because theyre costly. Im also not a huge fan of demonic units, and Id prefer to keep to mortals
>>
What Skills/Talents would you give a player Druchii race for WFRP 2e? I'm figuring add in the Torture skill by default and swap out the Longbow prof. option for Crossbow.
>>
Possibly give them Warrior Born and Grudgeborn Fury (High Elves) for Talents. Torture or Sail for Skills.
>>
>>48070938
>>Warrior Born and Grudgeborn Fury (High Elves)
That should be Or.

>>48070885
You could also just base it off of the Elven Corsair from Old World Bestiary.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.