[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You became an owner of a stone watchtower somewhere on the fringe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
You became an owner of a stone watchtower somewhere on the fringe of an ancient empire, beyond it there are mostly untamed forests inhabitated by green elves (mostly peaceful as long as you don't harras them and open to trade).
In the basement you found loot worth ten years salary of a craftsman that you can spend on refurbishing the tower. The tower is structurally sound but otherwise almost empty, with leftover furniture crumbling to dust.
What do you do with it?
>>
No love for watchtowers?
>>
>>48027726
We need more context
As it stands, yay, there's a watchtower with money to spend on it.
What's the setting?
What's the context?
We're missing essential scope here yo.

Good art tho
>>
>>48027726

I suppose hire elven craftsmen, and servants to help clean this tower up in exchange for loot, and love out a life of quiet isolation until it finally drives me to kill myself. :|
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 571x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 571x383
>>48029625

Forgot my image
>>
>>48029425
>What's the setting?
Standard fantasy, with a bit less magic than D&D and more mythological approach.
The land around has been recently retaken by the empire from hands of a rebellious prince. PCs were granted a very minor holding for their support.

>What's the context?
I need ideas what can you do with a base of operation in a rather secluded area.
>>
>>48029743

You could probably market its seclusion to draw people who want to live in a relatively small community, but then you're starting a town. You may also upset the elves once expansion comes up, or be forced to stagnate/starve.

Since it's along the border you can try to establish a keep, and generally be left alone. Your funding won't be amazing though, and you'll likely have to answer to some Noble miles away.

Maybe I just lack imagination, but unless you want a quiet place to do shady shit this is all I can presently think of.
>>
I would travel around the world and collect spiritual people and magicians from everywhere. I'd lead them to the tower and found a fantasy hippy community.
>>
>>48027726
I convert it into the worlds largest airship base and build a trade empire
>>
>>48030290
Best answer

Plus, in a few years, it'll probably start attracting other weirdo types, forming a self-sustaining freakosystem.
>>
>>48027726
Add the 10 years craftsman salary (what's that, like 100 gp?) to my char sheet and forget about it.

Create unseen servants to begin cleaning up the place, and buy some nice shit to put in there.

Open a brothel for the elves.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.