[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could commoragh theoretically be destroyed by an exterminatus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1466049315296.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1310) Image search: [Google]
1466049315296.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1310
Could commoragh theoretically be destroyed by an exterminatus action like a virus bombing?
Given how much trouble the dark eldar cause, its a surpirse there havent been any such attempts by the ordo xenos.
Inb4 the webway: The salamanders successfully located a gate to a commoragh in m35 and caused massive damage, this proves it could be theoretically possible to locate an entrance.

pic unrelated
>>
>>48023508
Yes, assuming they could find it.
>>
>>48023508
Commorragh is not just one big city, but a realm sprawling through the webway, linked together via portals. And in general hard to describe, because we don't know a lot of it. It is divided into different sub-realms which, as far as I know, can be closed off.
>>
>>48023693
This, I view it very similiar to Sigil in the Planescape setting. It is linked intricately to itself in more ways than any creature could count, because such it would be very easy to partion itself off incase of invasion or direct and indirect munitions.
>>
>>48023508
There are untold billions in the dark city itself, and while an exterminatus might be able to kill them all, maybe, there's hundreds of sub-realms, dimensional gates and similar hard locks to stop viruses/explosions. You would be murdered in your sleep by Vect or some Harlequins as soon as you started plotting to do it though
>>
>>48023508
Sort of.

You've got an area with enough space for (iirc 3) stars though, and it's highly nodal - there's a load of collected realms that aren't in one place, even in the webway, there's just portals and shortcuts between them.
There's also a few realms that are partially in other dimensions.

So it's huge and split up, but you could find all the bits and kill them all one by one, probably.
>>
>>48023508
>The salamanders successfully located a gate to a commoragh in m35 and caused massive damage
That event was entirely orchestrated by Vect, and they only found the gate because they were purposefully led to it. The codex wank pretty much states that Commorragh was never in any real existential peril because Vect wouldn't ever have allowed that risk to exist.

But yes, the Imperium probably could destroy it, but because it's the DE's home turf as well as a non-euclidean clusterfuck, it would require Great Crusade levels of military commitment, which the Imperium obviously can't spare in its current state without being turbofucked by everyone else out to get them.
>>
>>48025387
>That event was entirely orchestrated by Vect, and they only found the gate because they were purposefully led to it. The codex wank pretty much states that Commorragh was never in any real existential peril because Vect wouldn't ever have allowed that risk to exist.

Yeah, but the Imperium still found it, and proceeded to drop a live hand grenade down the throat of Commorragh, and wrecked the fucking place until Vect felt it was time to stop kidding around. The fact that they even got there and were able to do such incredible (if superficial) damage in the first place is indicative that the Imperium most certainly COULD mop the floor with them, if they can find it again and devote more than a single battlegroup/Chapter to doing so.

Dark Eldar are only a threat as long as they're able to hide their city in the Webway. They can't take the Imperium straight-up, and Vect knows it.
>>
>>48023693
>>48023767
>>48025387

all you have to do is crack open the literal portal to hell that for some reason got installed underneath Vect's old palace, or wherever. you know, the one that goes straight to Khorne's doorstep.

my recollection of the fluff is not perfect but i seem to recall reading about it in the deldar codex - Vect found some webway gate with a giant khorne symbol on it and immediately sold the territory to a rival faction without mentioning it or something. it drove the incubus who guarded it insane. repeatedly.
>>
>>48026087

I went to go grab a screenshot for you and realized my DE Codex download has disappeared. Fuck.

Basically Vect tried to seal off the portal by stealing nulls from a black ship and guarding it with Incubi, they all went insane (including the nulls). Vect gave the territory above the portal to guys he hates. It started a civil war in Commorragh because Malys and Vect both think the other is trying to open it to kill their enemies with Daemons. It's ironic since they actually both want to seal it, but DE nature means they can't cooperate. top kek

Commorragh doesn't need to be virus bombed; it's fucking done for, and nobody is prepared except Urien Rakarth (has an alternate dimension full of slave/torture bodies in stasis)
>>
>>48026440
>Urien Rakarth

that shifty scumfuck. isn't he a pre-fall eldar, same as Vect?
>>
>>48026824
Almost certainly. It might even be explicitly stated in some of the newer fluff.

Pretty sure Vect isn't pre-Fall in the current fluff, though. He started out as a slave, and only seized power in M35. I don't think a slave would survive five thousand years in Commorragh.

I know he tells a dude he saw the Fall in that one short story, but the story precedes the big Codex update and he might just be shitting the POV guy anyway.
>>
File: 1466081402627.jpg (88 KB, 640x558) Image search: [Google]
1466081402627.jpg
88 KB, 640x558
>>48023508
I feel that Commoragh could be exterminatused by using an ancient and powerful weapon: A large number of drunk and angry Slavs, who or may not be packing cans of goulash.
>>
>>48023829
>You've got an area with enough space for (iirc 3) stars though

Nope, star are shrunk down and in a pocket dimension.
>>
>>48025387
>That event was entirely orchestrated by Vect

It was still only a few hundred space marines.
If that few can do so much damage, even with a little help from Vect then a hundred or sp chapters would rek the place.
>>
>>48030444
jesus christ, azbuka doesn't work that way
>>
>>48030444
Jesus Christ that image is horrific
>>
File: 1455664615936.png (807 KB, 982x980) Image search: [Google]
1455664615936.png
807 KB, 982x980
>>48030444

>IS CRAMPED LIKE COMMUNIST APPARTMENT BLOCKS HERE
>AND SURE ENNEMY IS CRUEL AND RAPING
>BUT STILL IS LESS CRUEL AND RAPING THAN DURING RECRUIT TRAINING
>PLUS ENNEMY HAVE SWEET ELF TITS
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.